Video: Obama tells CBC to “stop complaining” and start marching

posted at 12:00 pm on September 25, 2011 by Ed Morrissey

This is getting big play over at The Blaze and in a couple of our comment threads, but let’s keep a couple of things in mind. The CBC was going to stop complaining soon enough anyway; did anyone think that the CBC would publicly oppose Barack Obama in 2012? I doubt anyone in the room was offended, although having Obama dropping his Gs while telling authentic heroes of the civil-rights movement like Georgia’s John Lewis to take off their bedroom shoes and start marching really should have offended them.  And casting himself as a quasi-martyr for continuing “press on” despite his low approval ratings might not exactly be offensive, but it is at least a little desperate:

Finally, for a man who insisted that he wasn’t indulging in class warfare, this sounded an awful lot like a John Edwards Two Americas speech, didn’t it?  And as far as focusing on real people instead of campaign contributors, let’s not forget that Obama’s last jobs bill put over a half-billion dollars into Solyndra — and whose contributor was Solyndra’s main investor, George Kaiser?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Bedroom slippers. Wow. Why didn’t he just outright call them lazy, shiftless no accounts whose only use to him is to provide a base of support at the polls?

txmomof6 on September 25, 2011 at 12:04 PM

Because we all know that marching, when done correctly, can accomplish so much.

Pelosi delende est on September 25, 2011 at 12:04 PM

Report that rabble rouser to ATTACH WATCCCCHHH!

tim c on September 25, 2011 at 12:04 PM

Finally, Americans are realizing that Obama is a fraud.

GaltBlvnAtty on September 25, 2011 at 12:05 PM

..FOOD FIGHT!

The War Planner on September 25, 2011 at 12:05 PM

“Put down that grape drank and stop eating that fried chicken and march with me!”

President SCOAMF

Pelosi delende est on September 25, 2011 at 12:06 PM

Is this a dog whistle for race riots?

Oh. Sorry. I was beginning to think like the left for a minute there.

stvnscott on September 25, 2011 at 12:08 PM

Oh, y’all ain’t seen nothin’ yet.

SouthernGent on September 25, 2011 at 12:09 PM

RAAAAACIST!

Philly on September 25, 2011 at 12:10 PM

Daaayumm! He called the CBC a bunch whining crybabies! You guys gonna take that from a half white college educated Uncle Tom?

Tony737 on September 25, 2011 at 12:10 PM

What is the matter with bho? Is he trying to get things so out of hand that an election would be unsafe to have in 2012? I’m not having a warm and fuzzy feeling about what bho might be up to.
L

letget on September 25, 2011 at 12:10 PM

just like the head of the cbc said if this was clinton on another white man, they would be showing the outrage…yet, they are still going to vote for this maroon….I can’t feel empathy for them when they start crying foul if a white man/woman is elected president in 2013

————-
dear leader will be attending 3 more fundraisers this week for a total of 51 this year…

cmsinaz on September 25, 2011 at 12:11 PM

Get those “Barack Hussein Obama , Umm, Umm, Umm” school kids out there marching!

Socialist solidarity demands it!

Where are the Black Panthers when you need them?

Where is Jane Fonda, Tom Hayden, and all those other 1960′s radicals?

Stokley Carmichael where are you?

Stepan on September 25, 2011 at 12:11 PM

Gallons and gallons of class warfare and racism too from here on out.

CW on September 25, 2011 at 12:13 PM

I’m counting the days until King Barry has a total meltdown in front of the whole world.

He’s losing it.

Knucklehead on September 25, 2011 at 12:13 PM

What a despicable man!

Connie on September 25, 2011 at 12:13 PM

He will probably start comparing himself to Martin Luther King soon, and his re-election to the civil rights movement.

Perhaps even implying that the One is going to be some sort of martyr if he doesn’t win re-election, and the Tea Party is full of James Earl Rays. Oh, wait, Morgan Freeman already is going there…

Wethal on September 25, 2011 at 12:14 PM

What a friggen fraud this guy is. He was raised by Lilly white grandparents in Hawaii ! He moves to south Chicago and suddenly He’s ” down for the struggle” . Did Michelle teach him to say Y’ All. No Barrack, it’s not “You All”, it’s ‘Ya All” .
What a phony this so call “brother” is. More like a little bitch.

Hummer53 on September 25, 2011 at 12:14 PM

The last civil rights battle is ongoing; that of non-whites to have whatever political opinion they chose. The number of African-American conservatives coming out of the closet these days is remarkable, and we all have to work to end the persecution they faced for having views they’re not ‘supposed’ to have.

michaelo on September 25, 2011 at 12:14 PM

Obama is in a panic state and will attempt to destroy and humiliate anyone that doesn’t completely support and defend him. Unfortunately, his cult will simply take it and obey. This is going to get really nasty.

rplat on September 25, 2011 at 12:14 PM

Gallons and gallons of class warfare and racism too from here on out.

CW on September 25, 2011 at 12:13 PM

Add voter fraud in Dem machine cities, and you have his re-election plan.

Wethal on September 25, 2011 at 12:15 PM

Hardest hit: all those custodians working overtime sweeping up all those dropped “g”s.

princetrumpet on September 25, 2011 at 12:16 PM

And of course in the debates, he will say “Pockeestan” and “Tollybahn.”

Wethal on September 25, 2011 at 12:17 PM

Did he not say start “wilding”?

bayview on September 25, 2011 at 12:19 PM

Tony737 on September 25, 2011 at 12:10 PM

Oooooh! Never thought of that! I really really really want to hear Barack Hussein Obama be called an uncle tom by the black left. I want it BAD.

thebrokenrattle on September 25, 2011 at 12:20 PM

We must not be in a relationship with a Democratic Party that takes us for granted. We must no longer be the political mistresses of the Democratic Party….

- A. Sharpton, September 2003

Change! The POTUS is no longer treating the black vote like a mistress; he’s treating it like an owned servant.

(Yeah, I’d report me to Ataaaaaack Waaaaaaaatch.)

apostic on September 25, 2011 at 12:22 PM

Told ‘em to take their house shoes off, get out the Dollar Store and White Castle, stop buying lotto tickets and Night Train, and save his ass, dammit! Wow. Just wow.

Rational Thought on September 25, 2011 at 12:24 PM

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid described Obama during the 2008 presidential campaign as a black candidate who could be successful thanks in part to his “light-skinned” appearance and speaking patterns “with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one.”

Looks like Harry got something right for a change.

Roy Rogers on September 25, 2011 at 12:27 PM

The Teleprompter speaks and Obama reads.

Hey, don’t look now Congressional Teater Caucus but your 1/2 black President that won’t do bleep about your nearly 20% unemployment rate is getting smoked by the fully black “Mr. Empowerment” on the GOP side.

Unless you want all these black teens joining his National Civilian Security force you might want to check out Herman Cain…….(oh wait no, you CBC peeps want to DESTROY him that’s right I forgot).

How many of these Teaters in the CBC really want to do the same thing to Obama that Jesse Jackson said he wanted to do to him when his open mic caught him that time?

PappyD61 on September 25, 2011 at 12:27 PM

Rational Thought on September 25, 2011 at 10:07 AM

I sir am offended that you would use the beautiful phrase “Uncle Tom” as some form of racial slur. I am a very proud Uncle Tom.

Tommy_G on September 25, 2011 at 12:27 PM

All those years listening to Jerry Wright and he can’t do better than to sound like a desperate, screeching fishwife?

He’s doing the “community organizer” thing. He’s not convincing even at that low level. As POTUS he’s impossible, pathetic and embarrassing. The training wheels will never be taken off of his bike. Hopeless. Just a hopeless failure.

Cody1991 on September 25, 2011 at 12:27 PM

Search “take off your bedroom slippers” in google. Someone has been working late on the search engine optimization, it’s like they own the phrase now.

Kenosha Kid on September 25, 2011 at 12:28 PM

The lower his poll numbers the more of this type of “campaigning” we’ll see.
He is a rabble rouser and nothing else, no different than Van Jones.

darwin-t on September 25, 2011 at 12:28 PM

482 days, 23 hours, 30 minutes and 59 seconds till the Teleprompter leaves office.

CHANGE BABY……it comin.

PappyD61 on September 25, 2011 at 12:29 PM

The very definition of racism…

Supporting something or somebody solely because of race.

tetriskid on September 25, 2011 at 12:29 PM

Sadly insulting and condescending. He basically said stop sitting on your butts at a time when black unemployment is through the roof. If I were a jobless black person out trying to find a job and feed my family I would resent that assumption. For them to abandon him they will have to admit he is incompetent and they choose poorly. Don’t see that happening. I do see the black middle class possibly getting a clue and closing their pocketbooks and black voter turnout nowhere near what he got in the last election. We need to use this guys words against him. I would love to see Herman Cain on the ticket he can do this like No one else. He’s talked about the solutions for these issues for years. It’s all common sense

ldbgcoleman on September 25, 2011 at 12:29 PM

Signs of desperation.

CW on September 25, 2011 at 12:30 PM

The post-racial president.

Obama: You’re black. I’m black. Fight whitey with me!

keep the change on September 25, 2011 at 12:31 PM

Isn’t a protest march a form of complaint? In effect what Obama said was stop complaining and start complaining!

Unless the idea of a protest march is to intimidate someone. Like the leadership of the GOP who would just faint if a crowd were to assemble in their front yard, wave signs and shout slogans.

Skandia Recluse on September 25, 2011 at 12:32 PM

Love the optics of that video. Obama in the shadow of the teleprompters.

SlaveDog on September 25, 2011 at 12:33 PM

Barry is quite comfortable. He KNOWS they’ll vote for him in 2012. Why shouldn’t he display contempt?

And the sad part is, HE’S RIGHT! They should all have “I’m Stupid!” painted on their foreheads.

GarandFan on September 25, 2011 at 12:34 PM

The post-racial president.

Ah ya’ll fieyahddup!?!?

profitsbeard on September 25, 2011 at 12:34 PM

..it is hard to determine which is more grating, the patronizing, condescending tone of that Expedia spokesperson (although he is an actor) in that annoying lead-in commercial or Obama’s rvival-meeting, ghetto-speak.

But it is instructive that he’s pandering to the likes of the Joooooooooz and the CBC, both of whom dealt him stinging rebukes in within the last six weeks.

There must be some serious problems with the internal numbers if The Pantload has to shore up their votes.

The War Planner on September 25, 2011 at 12:34 PM

..crap! rvival == revival

The War Planner on September 25, 2011 at 12:35 PM

Not marching; goosestepping.

andycanuck on September 25, 2011 at 12:36 PM

Oops. I meant “goosestepping, y’all.”

andycanuck on September 25, 2011 at 12:36 PM

Why do “g”s disappear from his words when addressing blacks?(I mean addressin’)

50sGuy on September 25, 2011 at 12:38 PM

“March we much!”–Al Sharpton

DrStock on September 25, 2011 at 12:38 PM

He’s so out of touch. Marching ain’t where it’s at,…flash mobs make it happen nowdays, baby. Hit and run.

a capella on September 25, 2011 at 12:38 PM

Oops. I meant “goosestepping, y’all.”

andycanuck on September 25, 2011 at 12:36 PM

It’s “goosesteppin’” – you forgot to drop your G. Oh, and by the way Herman Cain is not “black enough” for this crowd.

VegasRick on September 25, 2011 at 12:39 PM

Who knew we had a bilingual president — Eubonics when he’s talking to the CBC and English when he’s talking to everyone else.

CJ on September 25, 2011 at 12:40 PM

txmomof6 on September 25, 2011

I’m surprised he didn’t use the phrase ‘Step and Fetchit’. Maybe to be even more insulting, next time he can do his speech in blackface.

JonPrichard on September 25, 2011 at 12:42 PM

CJ on September 25, 2011 at 12:40 PM

I look forward to him “saggin” his pants and givin’ some shoutouts to his hommies in his next address to the CBC. I also look forward to a debate between “o-dog” (his new street cred name) and Herman Cain. Cain: “Why are you speaking to these folks like a street thug”. O-dog: Cuz I’z won of dem, dog”

VegasRick on September 25, 2011 at 12:46 PM

He really is a vile little slug, isn’t he. And getting more insufferable by the week.

petefrt on September 25, 2011 at 12:48 PM

Tommy_G on September 25, 2011 at 12:27 PM

Hmmmm. Don’t know what you’re talking about. You’re apparently “quoting” me from another thread, but I never said nor implied “Uncle Tom.” I detest that phrase — and the sentiment behind it. You must have confused my post with someone else’s.

Rational Thought on September 25, 2011 at 12:48 PM

This video didn’t have my favorite line.

In the Drudge-linked story: “It gets folks discouraged. I know. I listen to some of y’all,” Obama told an audience of some 3,000 in a darkened (sic) Washington convention center.”

Where are Bill Mahr and Morgan Freeman when you need them???

I bet he didn’t use “y’all” when attending TWO Ivy League colleges.

What a condescending loser.

Hmmm. The reporter’s choice of words (darkened) might be called racist, also!!

And he doesn’t ” have time to feel sorry for myself” — while eating wagyu beef sliders on Air Force One on the way to Martha’s Vineyard. Heck, I wouldn’t have time myself!!!

fred5678 on September 25, 2011 at 12:50 PM

What do you expect from the agitator in chief? What an embarrassment.

jnelchef on September 25, 2011 at 12:51 PM

Who knew we had a bilingual president — Ebonics when he’s talking to the CBC and English when he’s talking to everyone else.

CJ on September 25, 2011 at 12:40 PM

Lol!

petefrt on September 25, 2011 at 12:51 PM

I hope Allen West wasn’t in attendance.

Dingbat63 on September 25, 2011 at 12:51 PM

ldbgcoleman

He was talking to their representatives in the Congressional Black Caucus who really do need to get off their butts, stop whining about contrived grievances, and do something useful — even though falling in line behind Obama is not the kind of productive action I’d like to see them taking.

Oddly enough, I thought that bit was the most effective Obama has been rhetorically in a long time.

JM Hanes on September 25, 2011 at 12:51 PM

That was rather bad, not good…bordering on trite and terrible. Take off your slippers and put on your marching boots??? Say what, Mister Obama?

albill on September 25, 2011 at 12:51 PM

Barry ain’t in no way tarred.

rogerb on September 25, 2011 at 12:51 PM

PBHO to CBC: If you love me … blah blah

MJBrutus on September 25, 2011 at 12:53 PM

JonPrichard on September 25, 2011 at 12:42 PM

..how about a bug-eyed double take while exclaiming, “Feet do yo stuff”?

The War Planner on September 25, 2011 at 12:53 PM

Just goddamn. Hillary’s got the accent down better’n Barruh.

This is nothing but racism. The brothers being told basically that they should have no opinion, and should fall in line — by someone who has little in common with them.

Poser.

Revolting.

I’m reporting myself now.

hillbillyjim on September 25, 2011 at 12:54 PM

SNL once did a skit in which Kate Middleton came with William to meet the Queen and Prince Philip. Whenever William was in the room, they spoke in refined, voices and sat sedately in chairs.

Whenever William left the room, the two were rude, crude Cockneys standing over Kate, telling her not to be a golddigger because they weren’t about to share the royal loot.

I wish SNL would do a skit on Obama’s many accents – Kentucky Fried Hillary and effete who visited Pockestan.

Wethal on September 25, 2011 at 12:54 PM

Oh, I forgot.

B A M B O O Z L E D !!!

hillbillyjim on September 25, 2011 at 12:55 PM

Was Col. Allen West there?

Wethal on September 25, 2011 at 12:56 PM

I’m reporting myself now.

hillbillyjim on September 25, 2011 at 12:54 PM

No worries, I already did it for ya.

Along with everyone else in this thread.

Knucklehead on September 25, 2011 at 12:57 PM

I once thought there would be race riots if he weren’t re-elected. Now, not so much.

He’ll just exist the stage and go take a method acting course on black mannerisms with a special emphasis on getting the accent correct. You would think living with MO he could get it right but you can’t erace his first 20 years.

Blacks can’t be that stupid to not know that he’s a fake and a condescending one at that.

No Niks on September 25, 2011 at 12:59 PM

When Worlds Collide: Obama’s racialist rhetoric harming black-owned small businesses/unemployed black youth vs Florida Winner Cain who has succeeded and wants others to not just share the wealth, but create it.

I think his intended audience may be forced to rethink their 2012 support. This line from the 1951 classic movie sums it up: Your salvation doesn’t interest me; mine does.

Mutnodjmet on September 25, 2011 at 12:59 PM

The Messiah of Identity Politics.

Tim_CA on September 25, 2011 at 1:00 PM

Obama never experienced life as a black man in America.

I mean, growing up on the mean streets of Honolulu is hardly like living in the Ghettos.

A lot of blacks that I know publicly praise Obama, but behind the scenes mock him for this.

portlandon on September 25, 2011 at 1:03 PM

GarandFan on September 25, 2011 at 12:34 PM

THIS X 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 (the number of Black unemployed)

PappyD61 on September 25, 2011 at 1:05 PM

To show that he is leftist rather than a racist, a call for a multiracial Million Mooch March can’t be far off.

justltl on September 25, 2011 at 1:07 PM

Next summer should really be a hot one…

d1carter on September 25, 2011 at 1:08 PM

Another 100,000 votes by indies lost by Obama. We know race agitation when we see it.

pat on September 25, 2011 at 1:09 PM

I’m gonna press on for equality, I’m gonna press on for the sake of our children, I’m gonna press on for the sake of all those families strugglin’ right now. I don’t have time to feel sorry for myself, I don’t have time to complain. I’m gonna press on. I expect all of you to march with me.

Quote from the Green Room post Barack Luther King.

One almost expect Obama to break into song,

“Ah gits weary and sick of tryin.’
Ah’m tired of livin’, but skeered of dying,
but Old Man River, dat Old Man River…”

Wethal on September 25, 2011 at 1:09 PM

I can’t get excited about this, they all know that they are full of shetzki. Unfortunately for them, the rest of the world has caught on.

Cindy Munford on September 25, 2011 at 1:10 PM

Can you imagine the quandry of the TEATER NATION (the CBC and the other brotha organizations) if Herman Cain were on the GOP Ticket?

What would Maxi Maxi Maxine and Cleaver and Dingell and all the others do? They would wind up supporting Obama (the 1/2 black raised by white parents) over Cain (a full black who actually MADE SOMETHING of himself).

WOW, the sweetness that would be of watching Maxine have to attack a authentic black role model and defend someone you know she must despise.

PappyD61 on September 25, 2011 at 1:13 PM

….white GRANDparents.

PappyD61 on September 25, 2011 at 1:14 PM

keep the change on September 25, 2011 at 12:31 PM

I am going to make a macro that only whites can be racist. Just ask most academics.

I would have passed his jobs bill. It either works or it does not. The American people elected this guy. Don’t pass it and be blamed for everything. And if the economy improes, he will be a hero anyway.

IlikedAUH2O on September 25, 2011 at 1:17 PM

“I don’t have time to feel sorry for myself. I don’t have time to complain.”

It’s all Bush’s fault. And too many in this city are fighting me every inch of the way.

*spit*

petefrt on September 25, 2011 at 1:18 PM

Here’s the proof that Barack Obama did inhale . . . Rev. Wright.

Greyledge Gal on September 25, 2011 at 1:18 PM

Someone betta tell Maxi Maxi Maxine and the rest of tha Teaters at that meetin’ last night that thars a bunch a whitey racists jumpin up and downs cheerin foh a blacks man.

PappyD61 on September 25, 2011 at 1:20 PM

“Marching?” My how this man loves military metaphors. Is this his private army? Is he looking, as some say, for deliberate clashes in the streets that he might declare Marshall law and take away the good guys guns? Who knows -no one knows this man enough to make a sound judgment as to his motives -other than -they aren’t very nice for free America.

Don L on September 25, 2011 at 1:22 PM

JonPrichard on September 25, 2011 at 12:42 PM
..how about a bug-eyed double take while exclaiming, “Feet do yo stuff”?

The War Planner on September 25, 2011 at 12:53 PM

LOL~!!

Key West Reader on September 25, 2011 at 1:24 PM

“Ah gits weary and sick of tryin.’
Ah’m tired of livin’, but skeered of dying,
but Old Man River, dat Old Man River…”

Wethal on September 25, 2011 at 1:09 PM

Yeah, Wethal, but he us and other responsible folks to:

“Lift dat barge and tote dat bale…”

Don L on September 25, 2011 at 1:26 PM

So the titular head of the party that has spent decades making American Blacks bedroom slipper wearing complainers now expects them to magically shed those slippers and stop complaining. Good luck with that, Scooter. Sounds like those chickens have come home to roost.

teacherman on September 25, 2011 at 1:27 PM

Blood in the streets is what the liberals are begging for.

Don’t give it to them.

We are winning.

You can tell by the wailing and gnashing of teeth from the left!

Keep your senses. Stay calm.

cntrlfrk on September 25, 2011 at 1:39 PM

Blood in the streets is what the liberals are begging for.

Don’t give it to them.

We are winning.

You can tell by the wailing and gnashing of teeth from the left!

Keep your senses. Stay calm.

cntrlfrk on September 25, 2011 at 1:39 PM

He is inciting his base to violence. Think of all these black hoodlum flash mobs and robberies and the ‘knock out game’ where they pick defenseless whites and pummel them.

Obama needs to be shamed for this speechifyin’ session.

Key West Reader on September 25, 2011 at 1:42 PM

Obama has already declared war against us. Someone has to march.

faraway on September 25, 2011 at 1:44 PM

Hummer53 on September 25, 2011 at 12:14 PM

I have read that yes, Michelle taught him how to “speak black”.

What truly amazes me is, that these people blindly follow BECAUSE of the color of Obama’s skin. Not what’s best for them, or their country, but BECAUSE of race. Totally ignoring what he’s done, and the fact that he’s half white.

I thank God I’m not that stupid, or selfish!!!

capejasmine on September 25, 2011 at 1:46 PM

Obama never experienced life as a black man in America.

portlandon on September 25, 2011 at 1:03 PM

If there are “mean streets” in Honolulu, Barry never experienced them. He grew up in a condo, attending the most expensive private school on Oahu, paid for by his (bank VP) “typical white person” granny. Barry has had a life of comfort and privilege that millions of white kids in this country can only aspire to — and that was long before he ever received his aff*rmative act*on admission to Columbia University, after he’d spent two years at Occidental College goofing off and smoking weed, according to his own book. And speaking of his book, in it brother Barry chillingly recounts one horrifying example of how he’s been so terribly mistreated by this racist society: he was once mistaken for a waiter by a restaurant patron. Oh, the humanity! No wonder he feels we owe him so much. How could any person expect to endure such abuse?

AZCoyote on September 25, 2011 at 1:46 PM

NO one should hate Obama more than the blacks.

He shames them, daily, repeatedly.

He will have set them back by many, many, many years, the charlatan.

Plus, by mid next year he’ll claim that he’s mostly white. He needs the hicks back. Dream on, though.

Schadenfreude on September 25, 2011 at 1:47 PM

Translation- get off your azz and get them crackers!

IowaWoman on September 25, 2011 at 1:48 PM

Drek

Schadenfreude on September 25, 2011 at 1:48 PM

Stokley Carmichael where are you?

Stepan on September 25, 2011 at 12:11 PM

“He’s Dead, Jim”.

Lots of folks don’t know that Stokely was for a time married to the great South African singer Miriam Makeba. After she married him in 1968, her US recording contract and tours were cancelled. It would then take her almost 2 decades to become popular again as a singer.

Del Dolemonte on September 25, 2011 at 1:49 PM