Video: Guy who you’ve loved in every role he’s ever played hates your guts

posted at 8:33 pm on September 23, 2011 by Allahpundit

Via Newsbusters, a video knee to the groin to liven up your Friday evening blog-reading. I’m trying to think: Is there any other actor in Hollywood whose scorn would sting more than this guy’s? Being demagogued by a halfwit celebrity is normally a badge of honor — just ask the boss emeritus — but … I really like Morgan Freeman, notwithstanding his alleged freaky-deakiness. I don’t know what’s more disappointing, his paint-by-numbers racial reductionism or the fact that his argument about special conservative animus towards Obama vis-a-vis Bill Clinton is so stupid that even Piers Morgan feels obliged to rebut it. It’d be irritating yet tolerable coming from anyone else, but Red from “Shawshank Redemption”? Are you kidding?

How the hell am I going to watch that penguin documentary now?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

GO MARRY YOUR GRANDDAUGHTER MORGAN…

YOU OLD PERV.

tetriskid on September 23, 2011 at 8:35 PM

Bugger penguins. AllahP, you’re a sap.

Fortunata on September 23, 2011 at 8:36 PM

Dang it! I was going to slam him with that…now, I have to take him hostage.

HornetSting on September 23, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Gawd, how I now hate those damned penguins.

Especially the black parts.

SteveMG on September 23, 2011 at 8:37 PM

So….I guess he won’t be doing voice overs for Republican ads in 2012?

lorien1973 on September 23, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Damn Irishman. He should lay off the booze.

Doughboy on September 23, 2011 at 8:37 PM

I think one of the reasons’ people liked him so much was that he pretty much kept his political opinions to himself.

I guess that’s behind him now.

JellyToast on September 23, 2011 at 8:38 PM

…they know not what they do…I hope.

karlant on September 23, 2011 at 8:38 PM

I don’t care what the guy who makes my shoes thinks about politics, so why should I care what a guy who pretends to be someone else on a movie screen thinks?

sharrukin on September 23, 2011 at 8:39 PM

Well i guess I won’t be seeing Dolphin Tale. I didn’t realize Freeman was a racist jerk!

MCGIRV on September 23, 2011 at 8:39 PM

Whatever…

Khun Joe on September 23, 2011 at 8:39 PM

Man, it is hard for me to become indignant over Morgan. I grew up watching him on The Electric Company.

carbon_footprint on September 23, 2011 at 8:40 PM

I haven’t been on his side since he got caught with a woman other than his wife.

Good bye.

itsspideyman on September 23, 2011 at 8:40 PM

Why do we always fall for it?

We like an actor or sports figure or artist and because of that ability we think they must be a great guy or gal. “He’s one of us!”

He reads lines. He acts. Why would he know squat about politics?

Man, he really comes across as a dope.

SteveMG on September 23, 2011 at 8:40 PM

carbon_footprint on September 23, 2011 at 8:40 PM

I’ll say this about the guy. He made a far better first black President than Barry. Geez, could you imagine Obama being in charge should the events of Deep Impact go down in real life?

Doughboy on September 23, 2011 at 8:41 PM

And speaking of Hollywood being Hollywood, I hear a bit piece on Hannity yesterday about Alec Baldwin going nuts on twitter because of the GA inmate execution. He was slamming Rumsfeld, Cheney, Malkin, et. al. Anyone else hear about this?

carbon_footprint on September 23, 2011 at 8:41 PM

Those people in tears?

They were crying for the country. Not tears of joy.

clement on September 23, 2011 at 8:42 PM

He just couldn’t keep his frigging mouth shut until after the next Batman movie, could he? Damn it…

CantCureStupid on September 23, 2011 at 8:42 PM

dadgum it. We all just watched Driving Miss Daisy a few weeks back and today, my wife took the girls to see A Dolphin Tale, which also stars MF. It’s too bad, he’s played some good roles. Bad politics, great actor. I used to think Alec Baldwin was a great actor, back in the day of The Hunt For Red October. Nowadays, I don’t think I’ll ever watch that movie again.

ted c on September 23, 2011 at 8:42 PM

Too bad. He’s a good actor but I can’t stand racists of any stripe.

Bye, Morgan.

hachiban on September 23, 2011 at 8:42 PM

I hate it when this happens…….. But I`m sick of it. I`m done. I`ve said it before this is who they are and it won`t change. I`m done being defensive about who I am and what I believe in……. I`m done.

ThePrez on September 23, 2011 at 8:43 PM

Doughboy on September 23, 2011 at 8:41 PM

I had forgotten about that. That was the best Death Meteor movie, IMHO. I just didn’t like Armageddon. Didn’t they come out the same year?

carbon_footprint on September 23, 2011 at 8:43 PM

carbon_footprint: Yes, that hack was extraordinarily vile towards MM the other night. Who knows why he picked her, but it was unhinged.

ted c on September 23, 2011 at 8:43 PM

Idiocy comes in many stripes AND COLORS.

GarandFan on September 23, 2011 at 8:43 PM

So….I guess he won’t be doing voice overs for Republican ads in 2012?

lorien1973 on September 23, 2011 at 8:37 PM

He didn’t do any last time around, though some too-clever-by-half people tried to claim he did.

KingGold on September 23, 2011 at 8:43 PM

Well, now we know who the real racists are.

Skandia Recluse on September 23, 2011 at 8:43 PM

Black guilt?

Rational Thought on September 23, 2011 at 8:43 PM

He played in roles we loved? Where did that false assumption come from? He played racist stereotypes that Hollywood tried to hoodwinked people with.

bayview on September 23, 2011 at 8:45 PM

Hey Morgan. How bout taking some advice from the role you had as a judge in Bonfire of the Vanities. You dare call me racist!

islandman78 on September 23, 2011 at 8:45 PM

You would think that an actor would at least know the Republican leader in the Senate before starting to speak about politics? What an idiot.

taney71 on September 23, 2011 at 8:45 PM

ted c on September 23, 2011 at 8:43 PM

Yeah, Hannity was very angry about it. He had Stephen Baldwin on the show and it calmed him down a bit.

carbon_footprint on September 23, 2011 at 8:45 PM

Gawd, how I now hate those damned penguins.

Especially the black parts.

SteveMG on September 23, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Okay, THIS was funny.

HornetSting on September 23, 2011 at 8:45 PM

weak, dark underside of America

stirring up muddy water

Racist.

theperfecteconomist on September 23, 2011 at 8:45 PM

carbon_footprint on September 23, 2011 at 8:43 PM

They came out within a period of less than 2 months. That was the same decade we got 2 Wyatt Earp movies, 2 volcano on US soil movies, hell even 2 Steve Prefontaine biopics.

Doughboy on September 23, 2011 at 8:46 PM

So he hates me, he can kiss my ass and die.

Sucks that he hosts those shows on the science channel, I can watch a liberal but it’s real hard to watch someone who would most likely welcome harm being done to me like the other moonbats.

Daemonocracy on September 23, 2011 at 8:46 PM

Doughboy on September 23, 2011 at 8:46 PM

Very good!
I liked Tombstone the best of the Earp pics. Val Kilmer was spot on as Doc Holliday.

carbon_footprint on September 23, 2011 at 8:47 PM

White money = good
White people = bad

Hening on September 23, 2011 at 8:47 PM

Okay, THIS was funny

Thank you. It was about time I got some props for it.

Tough crowd.

SteveMG on September 23, 2011 at 8:48 PM

No, Obama is seeing to it that Obama serves only one term.
Don’t be bummed, enjoy their gnashing of teeth.

Little Boomer on September 23, 2011 at 8:48 PM

Shut up & act, jackass.

OhioCoastie on September 23, 2011 at 8:48 PM

GO MARRY YOUR GRANDDAUGHTER MORGAN…

YOU OLD PERV.

tetriskid on September 23, 2011 at 8:35 PM

Someone asked Woody Allen about this and he said: “No problem.”

Must be OK then.

Back to the article. Is anyone here really surprised that many Liberals play conservative types of roles in order to please the populous and then show their true colors? I’m not.

The real question is why anybody cares?

BierManVA on September 23, 2011 at 8:49 PM

Someone needs to send Morgan a case of “Two if by tea”
I’ll do it.

Electrongod on September 23, 2011 at 8:49 PM

Good Lord. I WOULD HAVE DONE ANYTHING TO MAKE SURE HILARY ONLY SERVED ONE TERM TOO!

ctmom on September 23, 2011 at 8:49 PM

He can read other people’s thoughts well.

His own, not so well.

profitsbeard on September 23, 2011 at 8:50 PM

Hey Morgan, shut up and sing act.

rcpjr on September 23, 2011 at 8:50 PM

Can someone explain to me why these people, whose primary job is to pretend they are someone else and lie (act out fiction) and who with very few exceptions have never actually created a physical product themselves, are supposed experts on ANYTHING?

Freeman is a good liar/actor.

Freeman is good at reading aloud.

What other qualifications does this guy have besides raising the little girl he would eventually boink on a regular basis?

Jason Coleman on September 23, 2011 at 8:50 PM

carbon_footprint on September 23, 2011 at 8:40 PM

Dang! I also grew up watching the EC.
Loved him in Shawshank-but he’s like Alan Rickman(another phenomenal actor who showed his stripes awhile back)- and I won’t be watching anymore of his flicks.

annoyinglittletwerp on September 23, 2011 at 8:50 PM

carbon_footprint on September 23, 2011 at 8:45 PM

speaking of stephen baldwin, we watched “8 Seconds” last weekend on my formerly cheap netflix account. Baldwin played Lane Frost’s buddy and did a pretty good job as a cowboy.

ted c on September 23, 2011 at 8:50 PM

Because of this thread’s reference to Deep Impact, I’v just learned who this guy is!

OldEnglish on September 23, 2011 at 8:51 PM

Morgan is just an actor. Why do people expect superior political, philosophical or social perception from such celebrities and seek their opinions outside their field of work? His political opinion without argument is no more worthy of respect than that of anyone off the street.

Chessplayer on September 23, 2011 at 8:51 PM

I was peeved when I was on twitter earlier this year and Adam Duritz made some stupid off-color joke about Sarah Palin and blow jobs. I always loved Counting Crows music and it just made me realize how trapped in a bubble these people are.

carbon_footprint on September 23, 2011 at 8:51 PM

What is it with people out there in CA? Never ceases to amaze me how shallow and ignorant people are…. Maybe with all their character acting, they are totally out of touch with the real world.

ultracon on September 23, 2011 at 8:52 PM

KingGold on September 23, 2011 at 8:43 PM

That, of course, was the joke. ;)

lorien1973 on September 23, 2011 at 8:52 PM

Doesn’t he have a movie coming out this week about a dolphin? Gee, I hope it tanks. No pun intended.

Cindy Munford on September 23, 2011 at 8:52 PM

You all don’t know enough Hollywood types. The dominant description is “Bimbo” ..

If you look right, can say your lines and hit your marks, you are a success. Who cares if you are really a freaking nut case. This is like asking show horses what they think.

With the possible exception of Eastwood, not because his characters, but because he is in his own right a successful entrepreneur and politician.

The rest of these guys are viewed through a lens (pun intended) and aren’t real until you are clinking glasses with them.

CrazyGene on September 23, 2011 at 8:52 PM

after John Wayne (and his types of movies) died, so did hollywood. It is rotten to the core these days.

ted c on September 23, 2011 at 8:52 PM

One thing that always bugs me is when some Hollywood boob says something that with a stretch may be construed as conservative, everyone swoons. These people are not conservatives. Hell, they’re not even moderates and never will be.

Blake on September 23, 2011 at 8:53 PM

Jason Coleman on September 23, 2011 at 8:50 P

Hmm, how did I miss this?

ted c on September 23, 2011 at 8:50 PM

Yes, a very under rated film.

carbon_footprint on September 23, 2011 at 8:53 PM

Next you’re going to tell me Andy Dufresne married some Hollywood liberal like Susan Sarandon.

swamp_yankee on September 23, 2011 at 8:53 PM

cindy; yes. My wife is on her way back now from taking 2 of the kiddos to see it. Rave reviews from them so far.

ted c on September 23, 2011 at 8:54 PM

This really really hurt…I have lost a ton of respect for Morgan. I thought he was smarter than this. Wow!

d1carter on September 23, 2011 at 8:54 PM

Eh, hollywood is made by, and for liberals, he just earned himself a half dozen new roles and an oscar. He’s also clearly just not very bright.

clearbluesky on September 23, 2011 at 8:54 PM

He admitted that the Right tried to get rid of Bill Klinton, so much for your transparent argument, “God”.

Tony737 on September 23, 2011 at 8:55 PM

GO MARRY YOUR GRANDDAUGHTER MORGAN…

YOU OLD PERV.

tetriskid on September 23, 2011 at 8:35 PM

That’s step-granddaughter.
Hey, you old fuddy-duddy, if marriage is not just for a man & a woman, then who are you to put up boundaries? Why not marry animals & children & multiple partners?

itsnotaboutme on September 23, 2011 at 8:56 PM

ted c on September 23, 2011 at 8:52 PM

Yep, Clark Gable, Gary Cooper, Ronald Reagan, and Chuck Heston. We have a few, but not many.
Gary Sinese, Adam Sandler, Jon Voight and Bruce Willis are some examples, but there seemed to be more in years passed.

carbon_footprint on September 23, 2011 at 8:56 PM

ted c on September 23, 2011 at 8:54 PM

I won’t watch animal movies and now I won’t watch Morgan Freeman movies.

Cindy Munford on September 23, 2011 at 8:56 PM

Okay, THIS was funny
Thank you. It was about time I got some props for it.

Tough crowd.

SteveMG on September 23, 2011 at 8:48 PM

I still have to call you a racist and ask you why you are a penguin h8er, though.

The moles on Morgan Freeman’s face started asking for scale pay, so he had to switch to narrating movies and shows.
I agree, shut up and talk, eh, narrate, but shut up too.

HornetSting on September 23, 2011 at 8:56 PM

Six years ago he was tired of talking about race. What’s changed since then?

Oh yeah, I know.

JammieWearingFool on September 23, 2011 at 8:56 PM

d1carter; that’s the thing about these hollywood liberals. They do nothing but lose fans when they flap their gums about their stupid liberal positions. Surely they should be able to understand that. Dixie Chicks anyone?

ted c on September 23, 2011 at 8:57 PM

I wish there was a competent interviewer who would explain how racist that is of MF to say. First of all, referring to Obama as black is simply wrong. He is as much white as he is black. To call him simply “black” is to harken back to the “one drop rule”, which is to say that any African American blood made you a black person. THATS racist. Second of all, to see the country where EVERYTHING is governed by race is pathetic. I want Obama gone because he is a terrible leader who has insane policy positions. I don’t care what color he is frankly.

thphilli on September 23, 2011 at 8:57 PM

Eh, hollywood is made by, and for liberals … – ClearBlueSky

Hey, wait, we have Dean Cain on our side!!!

Seriously though, even the few who are Con/Pubs, I still wish they’d just shut up and act.

Tony737 on September 23, 2011 at 8:58 PM

carbon; yeah, I agree. I don’t know what Kirk Douglas’ political inclinations were/are (is he d.e.a.d yet?), but his roles in Spartacus and The Vikings were really great.

ted c on September 23, 2011 at 8:58 PM

Let me see if I’m following Mr. Freeman’s logic correctly.

If Bush had been black, Democrats would have been racists for wanting him to serve only one term.

hepcat on September 23, 2011 at 8:58 PM

I seem to recall his “Presidency” was a disaaster, too. Coincidence? I don’t know him. He doesn’t know me. We’re cool.

BrideOfRove on September 23, 2011 at 8:59 PM

ted c on September 23, 2011 at 8:58 PM

He is still very much alive and kicking! Yeah, not sure where he is politically either.

carbon_footprint on September 23, 2011 at 8:59 PM

Freeman called the tea party

the weak, dark underside of America.

RACIST!

itsnotaboutme on September 23, 2011 at 9:00 PM

Clearly Freeman is a racist and so much so that he can not even think straight. And all over a man who is hardly even really black other than somewhat by skin shade.

Lon Chaney on September 23, 2011 at 9:01 PM

I don’t care why he thinks I do not like Obama. I already know that subject better than he does. I am an expert on what I think.

If he runs for public office, then I will care about his political views but not before.In the meantime go to his movies if he is a good actor and don’t if he isn’t.

KW64 on September 23, 2011 at 9:01 PM

Black guilt?

Rational Thought on September 23, 2011 at 8:43 PM

Black privilege.

Amendment X on September 23, 2011 at 9:02 PM

Jason Coleman on September 23, 2011 at 8:50 P

Hmm, how did I miss this?

It’d have to be reported for you to catch it. I think it made the back of page 60 when it was discovered.

E’Dena Hines is the granddaughter of Morgan’s first wife, Jeanette Adair Bradshaw, and was raised by Morgan and Myrna “since she was a little girl,”

He raised her since she was in single digits, started boinking her in her teens and the boinking of the grand-daughter led to his divorce of the grand-mother.

SO. . . . Allahpundit. . . . are you still bent out of shape that Freeman doesn’t like Republicans???????

Jason Coleman on September 23, 2011 at 9:04 PM

I love the morally superior but I try not to let them too close to the kids.

Cindy Munford on September 23, 2011 at 9:05 PM

Would love to hear Eastwood’s take on his friend’s opinion.

The Ugly American on September 23, 2011 at 9:05 PM

Tony737 on September 23, 2011 at 8:58 PM

Same here, it’s a shame though that even movies you wouldn’t expect to have politics in them do, i remember taking my niece to see Monsters vs Aliens a couple of years ago and the Army General characters name was W.R. Monger, get it? War Monger, sheesh.

clearbluesky on September 23, 2011 at 9:05 PM

Anyone remember when he used to be on The Electric Company?

vcferlita on September 23, 2011 at 9:06 PM

He filmed in Puerto Rico some sort of movie years ago; the rest of the cast were quite friendly to the media but not this putz…Uptight, he didn’t want to be interviewed.

Just putting it out there; he is not what he people want to believe of him.

ProudPalinFan on September 23, 2011 at 9:06 PM

Hey, Hollywood. Next time you pick an actor to play God in two of your films, check to see if he’s a racists and/or nuts.

hepcat on September 23, 2011 at 9:06 PM

Jason Coleman on September 23, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Wow, that is sick. Why do democrats always get passes on sexual deviancy?

carbon_footprint on September 23, 2011 at 9:06 PM

Isn’t it funny that the Tea Party candidate frontrunner in the GOP primaries is basically saying a very similar thing except with regards to illegal immigration? Damn us heartless republicans choosing who gets to go to college by the sound of their last name.

thphilli on September 23, 2011 at 9:09 PM

LOL M. Freeman is a nut. Since McConnell wants to defeat Obama, ergo, he’s a RACIST! Blacks are bursting with pride over electing Obama. Fine. And if you’re not bursting with pride over electing Obama, then you’re a

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACIST !!!!!1111!!!!!11!! Eleventy!!!11!!!!

Paul-Cincy on September 23, 2011 at 9:10 PM

Obama was raised by his mother’s side of the family to be a white socialist, and that’s exactly what he is. Most old white leftist radicals, like Bill Ayers for example, have ten times the black street cred as Barack Obama does.

RBMN on September 23, 2011 at 9:10 PM

Wow, that is sick. Why do democrats always get passes on sexual deviancy?

carbon_footprint on September 23, 2011 at 9:06 PM

when you never claim to have any moral standards of personal behavior, you can never be expected to live up to any….

heckuva position, eh?

ted c on September 23, 2011 at 9:11 PM

Not only is he a criminal, but he is a racist.

proconstitution on September 23, 2011 at 9:12 PM

For the record. He did not do the Lawson for Congress commercials that was claimed last year. He’s a leftly. He is probably one of the greatest actors of our time and a great narrator, but he is a lefty.

BTW Allah, Red from Shawshank redemption was a muderer and had lines in the movie that were very near child pornography.

hawkdriver on September 23, 2011 at 9:13 PM

CrazyGene on September 23, 2011 at 8:52 PM

I spent 2 years @ the Chicago School of the Arts. My classmates included Liz Withers(nominated for a best supporting in a Musical ‘Tony’ for ‘Color Purple’) Lalah Hathaway(Donny’s daughter),Jamie Harrold(played Dylan in ‘Sum of All Fears’ and Lara Flynn Boyle.
I didn’t get on w/Liz and Lara but that’s another story.

Even when I was 14 and 15 it was apparent that I was the only(so it seemed) conservative in the school.

All these years later I count Jamie, Lalah, and maybe two other former Academy classmates as FB friends. I was defriended by several others-and others I won’t even make a request of because it won’t be accepted.
I’m looked down by many of my former classmates because I don’t work in the music industry…and because I’m still conservative. The NERVE of me.

Obviously I’m a racist, sexist, born-again bigot with no teeth who lives in a trailer park with my first cousin whom I married.
Because I don’t share the same values as my oh so enlightened classmate I am obviously a rube-and since I’m autistic I’m a rube that is unaware of how much I need big government to help me complete my ADL’s. Minus the autistic part-what they think about me…is what they think about all of you.

That Morgan Freeman feels the way he does doesn’t surprise me

annoyinglittletwerp on September 23, 2011 at 9:13 PM

Gawd, how I now hate those damned penguins.

Especially the black parts.

SteveMG on September 23, 2011 at 8:37 PM

ahhh…..Futurama anyone!

dmann on September 23, 2011 at 9:13 PM

You obviously haven’t seen Wanted.

Yes, he was in it. Yes, it was terrible. Yes he was terrible in it.

Aquateen Hungerforce on September 23, 2011 at 9:14 PM

That’s it for you Azeem.

csdeven on September 23, 2011 at 9:15 PM

I won’t watch animal movies and now I won’t watch Morgan Freeman movies.

Cindy Munford on September 23, 2011 at 8:56 PM

I watch movies like ‘Jaws’ and ‘Deep Blue Sea’ because man-biting sharks are totally cool.
What?

annoyinglittletwerp on September 23, 2011 at 9:16 PM

i didn’t click on the vid, i mean why care about some half-wit who can pretend to be a smart guy? Just because he looks like a serious guy on the Wormhole series, do we think he knows how to spell cosmology?

it is one of the great tragedies of our age that the snake oil salesmen and vaudeville troops have become the wise people of the world, like Jane Fonda and Jessica Lange testifying in front of congress

r keller on September 23, 2011 at 9:17 PM