Video: Guy who you’ve loved in every role he’s ever played hates your guts

posted at 8:33 pm on September 23, 2011 by Allahpundit

Via Newsbusters, a video knee to the groin to liven up your Friday evening blog-reading. I’m trying to think: Is there any other actor in Hollywood whose scorn would sting more than this guy’s? Being demagogued by a halfwit celebrity is normally a badge of honor — just ask the boss emeritus — but … I really like Morgan Freeman, notwithstanding his alleged freaky-deakiness. I don’t know what’s more disappointing, his paint-by-numbers racial reductionism or the fact that his argument about special conservative animus towards Obama vis-a-vis Bill Clinton is so stupid that even Piers Morgan feels obliged to rebut it. It’d be irritating yet tolerable coming from anyone else, but Red from “Shawshank Redemption”? Are you kidding?

How the hell am I going to watch that penguin documentary now?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Morgan Freeman line in a movie. Here it is from the movie Glory.

listens2glenn on September 24, 2011 at 1:06 AM

Ever notice how you never heard such comments from Charles Bronson, Lee Marvin, Earnest Borgnine, Jimmy Stewart, or even Captain Kangaroo?

They were all actually war veterans. They lived it before they pretended to live it.

Freeman has never lived it, he has just always pretended to live it.

Freeman’s idea of “hardship” is having to work as a waiter while trying to land his next acting gig.

Bronson’s, Marvin’s, Borgnine’s, Stewart’s, and Kangaroo’s idea of hardship was World War II. Now every single one of them may or may not be the biggest liberals on the planet. But you didn’t see them smearing their fellow citizens they all deployed into harm’s way to defend after the attack on Pearl Harbor.

Hog Wild on September 24, 2011 at 1:35 AM

What the hell is he talking about? Obama is white.

Ronnie on September 24, 2011 at 2:27 AM

It is amazing how much more time I have these days after I decided a long long time ago to personally boycott movies, concerts, and television programs starring “celebrities” who decide that their fame entitles them to spout off about things out of their league….

No real loss for me at all. Actually a benefit in regained time, a near priceless commodity.

Guys like Alec Baldwin aren’t really all that good, and the Dixie Chicks back in the day…are they still around? Well, no great loss there. And the other lead in Shawshank, Tim Robbins, lost my interest a long time ago when he went about Bush Bashing after 9-11.

While “Through the Wormhole” was a fairly decent program, there are others.

His voice-overs might complicate things…but the bottom line as Kid Rock put it a while back “I truly believe that people like myself, who are in a position of entertainers in the limelight, should keep their mouth shut on politics,” sums it up nicely.

Freeman could learn a few things from that kid from Detroit.

coldwarrior on September 24, 2011 at 4:16 AM

Hey, Morgan, how’s your step-granddaughter / sex partner?

UltimateBob on September 24, 2011 at 5:13 AM

I keep trying to tell people, its the white half thats effing up!

Lonetown on September 24, 2011 at 5:14 AM

Shut up and act.

MJBrutus on September 24, 2011 at 5:55 AM

I watched the interview on CNN and what surprised me the most is that Morgan Freeman does not come across as too bright.
I always imagined him as been well educated, cultured, smart, could string 3 coherent sentences together…but this interview really took the edge off that assumption.

And he did come across as a anti-white; as in only white people are bad, racists.
And the fawning and gushing over Obama was bordering on nauseating (and it appears he has never met Obama). Freeman’s bottom line is you either blindly, unquestionably love and bow down to the wonderful Obama or you are a hateful racist. Anyone that disagrees with Obama is a racist in his mind.

Quite disappointing.
And actors, musicians, et al should learn to stay out of politics. No matter what one’s political beliefs as soon as they open their mouths they alienate at least half their fans.

albill on September 24, 2011 at 6:17 AM

Freeman is a better actor than I thought…he had me thinking he was actually intelligent. What nonsense that was. Pulling the ol’ race card? Come on.

JetBoy on September 24, 2011 at 6:29 AM

Hey, Morgan, how’s your step-granddaughter / sex partner?

UltimateBob on September 24, 2011 at 5:13 AM

From UBs link.

E’Dena also revealed that she had sent sexually suggestive photos of herself as a substitute for sex, but that wasn’t enough for Freeman.

Yep, sending sexually aggressive pictures always cools them off.

hawkdriver on September 24, 2011 at 7:51 AM

“When the Pee Met the Pooh”

Bevan on September 24, 2011 at 8:27 AM

I keep trying to tell people, its the white half thats effing up!

Lonetown on September 24, 2011 at 5:14 AM

I know everything Obama was taught wrong came from his Mom’s side of the family.

Dr Evil on September 24, 2011 at 8:31 AM

Good actor.. yes
Good person.. not so much

Wade on September 24, 2011 at 8:34 AM

He clearly and correctly stated one objective of the Tea Party: To do everything possible to make certain that Obama is one and done.

What he fails to understand is that one of the Tea Party favorite candidates is also a black man. The problem is that black racists like Morgan Freeman see Herman Cain and call him Uncle Tom for hanging around with white guys. Yes, racism is still a problem in America because of people like Morgan Freeman.

LonelyMassRepublican on September 24, 2011 at 8:44 AM

Good Lord. I WOULD HAVE DONE ANYTHING TO MAKE SURE HILARY ONLY SERVED ONE TERM TOO!

ctmom on September 23, 2011 at 8:49 PM

Well, then that makes you a sexist. Sheesh, try to keep up with the rules.

DrMagnolias on September 24, 2011 at 8:58 AM

My understanding of these kinds of politics

Culture first, last and always-and that includes the Hollywood leftism disease -lest we forget.

We live in an age of feelings and emotion.(Chesterfield)
Emotion is the substitute for well rationed moral principle which was gifted to America through her centuries of birth in the Judeo-Christian spawned western civilization.

We dumped God and with Him, all those peripheral necessities like character, virtue, honesty, rational thought, absolute truth, ethics, and the unique special dignity accorded man by his Creator. We did all this casually, for what we perceived to be freedom. It turns out that we’ve bought moral anarchy -the Satanic world of “any means to an end” and “inconvenient life is expendable if we label that evil a good.”

We have bought a souless government as our god -and it is wanting, for it has no soul. Unlimited power without a soul or moral compass is the most frightening of all things as we are just beginning to find out.

Don L on September 24, 2011 at 9:11 AM

Actors are always acting.

Akzed on September 24, 2011 at 9:17 AM

No matter how likeable you find the guy, he is, after all, just another halfwit celebrity. Halfwit liberal, whatever. Halfwit.

As a conservative (even a beta one), you will be despised by halfwits of all stripes. Wipe the snot off your nose and get back to work.

disa on September 24, 2011 at 9:29 AM

I used to think of Morgan Freeman as a pretty intelligent guy.
Not any more.

JayVee on September 24, 2011 at 9:31 AM

What an absolute horrible excuse for humanity.

Scratch another off my watch list.

MNHawk on September 24, 2011 at 9:56 AM

So, if he were white we’d say 9.1% unemployment was just cool. Trillions of dollars of new debt is just fine? Incompetent foreign policy? – no problem. Stifling business with giant amounts of regulations (which Bush is guilty of too)? Class warfare rhetoric? The list goes on and on.

So, he just dismisses all the failed policy initiatives that actually affect people’s lives. It must be the racism.

A lot of people were in tears then. Hope is a good thing! Everybody can use a little change.

Thing is, a lot of people are in tears now. And, it’s for much different reasons.

Pablo Snooze on September 24, 2011 at 10:15 AM

I threw away a Bette Midler cd after she started bashing Bush. It was my favorite and had almost worn it out. Ditto for a Ditzey Chick cd. I don’t listen to, or watch on tv any show where an actor has spouted hate, liberal ideas or racism. We haven’t been to a movie in years. I stopped buying anything made by GE. It’s the only way we can make a silent protest and stand up for the country.

Kissmygrits on September 24, 2011 at 10:16 AM

Mr. Freeman has a leading role in the new movie “A Dolphin’s Tale”, which is based on a true story. In the true story, there was no black man involved with the rehabilitation of Winter the dolphin. Does Mr. Freeman resent the fact that he won this role? Was he awarded the role because of racism? Should the story have been rewritten to make it more “diverse”? How does he explain this?

maryo on September 24, 2011 at 10:31 AM

I think freeman should retroactively win the academy award for anything he has ever been in. I always thought, based only on his perfomrmances, that he seemed like a thoughtful and intelligent guy. The guy is a moron!As dumb as a rock. I seriously doubt now after listening to this that he can even read the scripts they give him. It just shows that any idiot can be an actor. I wish all the celebrity worshiping sheep in this country would get that.

peacenprosperity on September 24, 2011 at 10:36 AM

Wow, I used to think he was a good guy but, now to fine out he is a dumb fn racist is disappointing.

esnap on September 24, 2011 at 10:53 AM

I read this on here last night, and walked away sooooooo disillusioned.

I’m one of the many here, that thought he was a thoughtful, common sensical, logical, intelligent man. A great actor, and I was a fan. There aren’t to many of his movies I haven’t seen. Now howver, I feel so disppointed.

Morgan…I just don’t think I can go see in a theater, rent, or buy any of your movies again. If you consider me a racist, so be it. I can’t change that. But I never, ever looked at you as a black man. Just a man who happened to be a great American actor. I’ll walk away now, knowing that we here, have more dignity, more tolerance, more sense, more intelligence than you will ever have.

p.s. You’re also disgusting. How can you raise a child then become sexually attracted? In my mind, that borders on pedophilia, and I wonder now, how much of that was going on, when the cameras weren’t rolling.

capejasmine on September 24, 2011 at 11:09 AM

The curious thing about this …

Is the fact that it was guys like Freeman who stated that whites became more “racist” as the political power of whites was reduced.

Now, here we have the reverse situation. This black man becoming more racist because his group is losing political power to the tea party.

HondaV65 on September 24, 2011 at 11:16 AM

The good news here?

Guys like Morgan Freeman were happy to remain in the political closet as long as they perceived that their political goals were being pursued successfully by others.

The fact that he’s “outing” himself here – and speaking out – is proof positive that we’re making an impact. He’s worried about his Socialist utopia ever being realized now – and he’s speaking out.

Good for us I say.

HondaV65 on September 24, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Just another white hater. Racist accusations are crucial to their survival, without it they have nothing else to talk about. Looks like Danny Glover has some real competition….

adamsmith on September 24, 2011 at 11:59 AM

adamsmith on September 24, 2011 at 11:59 AM

God what a dumb comment freeman made.

Hilts on September 24, 2011 at 12:04 PM

So basically acting like a normal common decent man ARE his acting skills.
Some casting director probably met this racist punk and asked “Hey, can you go way out on a limb and try acting like a normal nice guy?” and a star was born.

Coronagold on September 24, 2011 at 12:24 PM

HondaV65 on September 24, 2011 at 11:16 AM

The saddest part to this is, that without whites voting for Obama, he never would have been President. Now, not just whites, but Jews, Hispanics, and yes…even blacks are becoming disenchanted. Does this make them racists as well? NO! It does not. They are wanting jobs, some security, and the freedoms to come and go, eat, sleep and do as they please. They aren’t criminals, they aren’t all entitlement seeking rubes. They are Americans, and they see the things they enjoyed about life here, slipping away. They see the future that Obama has laid out , that HE and his commie friends want, as not a rainbow, but a dark looming cloud.

Does that make people racist? No! It does not. Does Morgans rant against people going against a regime, and ideology they don’t want make him a racist? Only when he hurls the first stone.And he did. What happens after that…is anyones guess. But I’d bet dollars to donuts, his box office draw will be a pittance of what it once was.

capejasmine on September 24, 2011 at 12:32 PM

No single race in America has had more done for them than blacks yet they are at the bottom of the barrel

I know from personal experience that having things done gor you or given to you doesn’t usually help simply because you value things more that you create

I’m sick of lib/commies

they have built bigger walls than china

eff Morgan the pervert

Sonosam on September 24, 2011 at 12:54 PM

He may be partially right. Some people weren’t ready for a black president. Morgan has outed himself as one of them.

Esthier on September 24, 2011 at 1:00 PM

What’s most telling about this – and pardon me if someone else has already commented on it – is the fact that he decries the supposed racism of the Tea Party, while simultaneously lauding the racism of the people who elected Obama.

According to Freeman, they were crying because they were so happy that Americans had elected a skin color. Not because they liked Obama’s ideas. Not because they liked his record. Not because they liked his personality, and not even because he is a charismatic speech-maker. No, according to Freeman, they were overjoyed because a black man had been elected. Yet he does not even recognize the inherent racism in that. Stunning.

So apparently he is disingenuous (as well as misguided), and his problem is not racism in America, it’s just the BRAND of racism that is an issue for him.

Sayan Neviot on September 24, 2011 at 1:42 PM

As someone who, like Freeman, was born and raised in Mississippi, allow me as I watch this clip to paraphrase Denny Green: Morgan Freeman is exactly who we thought he was.

greggriffith on September 24, 2011 at 1:42 PM

He’s worried about his Socialist utopia ever being realized now

Most grassroots liberals have absolutely no idea what they are voting for. Nine times out of ten when you ask a liberal why they are socialist they will deny they are or that the democratic party is. They are liberals because that’s what their family was and they are too intellectually lazy to decide for themselves or because they fell for the propaganda that somehow liberals are more compassionate and enlightened than conservatives and of course they want people to think of them that way (even though they usually arent).

peacenprosperity on September 24, 2011 at 2:24 PM

Kissmygrits on September 24, 2011 at 10:16 AM

This sounds exactly like me and my husband. As you well know, it severely limits our movie watching! Loved Morgan Freeman as an actor, but that’s one more added to my “not watching” list.

silvernana on September 24, 2011 at 2:53 PM

Morgan, we ushered Obama in with a veto proof legislative and executive branch with 70% support. Look Freeman, Obama could be green for all I care. The man is inept and you can’t see this due to your own race issues that I had up until now not known. So what you’re saying Morgan is thank you racist America for allowing me this wonderful and rare career so now go FY selves? No Freeman, beginning with this unfortunate interview you lose instantly Chump just like Obama will in 2013. Again, this is about performance, nothing more. You have made the irreparable mistake in thinking you know me better than myself. Now as to the movie Unforgiven, I guess as being Republican you’re calling Clint Eastwood a racist as well, no? Why not call Clint a racist specifically Freeman? Don’t want Clint to spank your little hiney in front of America like he did Spike when he attacked his production judgment on his own movie no less? Clint made quick work of Lee and he needs to lay that same mojo on you Bro.

Today the kids will paint the DVD’s of Glory, Deep Impact, Bruce Almighty, Batman Begins, March of the Penguins, The Bucket List, Evan Almighty, The Dark Knight, et al., into something more valuable, nicely decorated ice tea coasters. If you’re in some movie I want to watch Freeman, I’ll borrow it but rest assured no money will be involved. Oh and Obama is toast. Regardless of what color he is there is one undisputable truth, Obama is a failure. Oh and one other thing here Morgan, you can respectfully GFY as well.

Tangerinesong on September 24, 2011 at 3:13 PM

He was great in South Park:

Phildorex on September 24, 2011 at 4:17 PM

First, I want to give Allah some kudos for delicious snark in his blog post here. Well done, especially the penguins line at the end. It made me laugh.

But Alas, I have really stopped going to movies because there are so many dimwit actors/actresses on my list of “stuck on stupid”. They include:

Barbara Streisand, George Clooney (pity, he was so HAWT in that movie, “The Peacemaker”), several of of the Baldwin brothers, Whoopie (and I used to REALLY like her), Kathy Griffin (she is on my “Z” list now), Tina Fey, etc.

karenhasfreedom on September 24, 2011 at 5:44 PM

What a dissapointment……always assumed he was above this nonsense.

Tim_CA on September 24, 2011 at 7:04 PM

“Easy Reader, that’ my name…
mmm… mmm… mmm…

Easy readin’, that’s my game…
mmm… mmm… mmm…”

Barack Hussein Obama mmm… mmm… mmm…

No Easy Reader, no!

the_souse on September 24, 2011 at 8:48 PM

Linky for those waxing nostaslgic.

the_souse on September 24, 2011 at 8:50 PM

Look. Morgan Freeman is a black man.

That’s it. Period.

Black men, no matter how cool, are flat F’ef when it comes to politics and white women. They can not avoid being completely ridiculously moronic. They are a lost people. When it comes to politics and white women you simply have to completely dismiss everything they have to say.

Sad but true and Freeman is the poster child for this.

moochy on September 24, 2011 at 11:02 PM

Wait, he played more than one role?

Merovign on September 25, 2011 at 2:37 AM

I was going to take my kid to see “Dolphin Tale.” I’ll skip it now.

SwampYankee on September 25, 2011 at 11:58 AM

Sad but true and Freeman is the poster child for this.

moochy on September 24, 2011 at 11:02 PM

All of Freeman’s women are black, but whatever. You sound as stupid as he does.

Still say that his racist comments are a cover for his shameful behavior with a child.

baldilocks on September 25, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Stuck on stupid. That really is sad, since his popularity and success should tell him that America is not racist. We elected Obama. Do we now have to re-elect him despite his duplicity, fecklessness and harm to our economy and international relations just to prove to people like Freeman that we’re not racist? Part of equality is that you have to take your lumps like anybody else when you screw up.

flataffect on September 25, 2011 at 7:21 PM

Morgan Freeman would rather a black man be president than for there to be a vote.

spmat on September 26, 2011 at 12:39 AM

First Mr. Freeman did serve in the US Military – 1955 after graduating from high school (Air Force – mechanic).

Secondly – not sure where all this is coming from as Freeman use to have the right attitude toward race (can’t find a date, other than MSNBC first commented on it in 2005):
Morgan on Black History Month

That abrupt change and his ‘relationship’ with a step-grandchild – has to make people wonder exactly what is going on with Mr. Freeman. It is a shame – many of his movies are very good.

Oh and Mr. Freeman – It’s not MA whose motto is Live Free or Die – it’s New Hampshire – just another little thing you are mistaken about. As people here have said – Shut Up and Act.

jackal40 on September 26, 2011 at 9:00 AM