DNC Chair: We are so totally gonna own the Jewish vote

posted at 2:45 pm on September 22, 2011 by Jazz Shaw

Before I begin tossing tomatoes in her general direction, I will say that recent history – with a couple of notable exceptions – is on the side of DNC chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz. (D-Fla.) When she describes the Democratic Party as “the natural home for Jewish voters,” even as insulting as that phrase sounds, there’s a lot of electoral data to back it up. But let’s give the lady a moment to explain it herself.

The chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee says President Barack Obama and the Democratic Party will own the Jewish vote in 2012.

Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.) on Thursday pushed back hard against the claim that Democrats recently lost a House seat in a traditionally blue district in New York as a result of Obama’s weak policy on Israel.

”That is absolutely not the case, and it will be demonstrated in the election next year that the natural home for Jewish voters, both domestically in terms of policy and in our Israel policy, is the Democratic Party and President Obama as our candidate,” Schultz said on Fox News.

Jewish voters “overwhelmingly” support Obama, the congresswoman said, arguing that Jewish-Americans have no problems with the president’s position on Israel.

Electoral history aside, it’s an interesting statement to make after losing NY-9 and seeing figures like Ed Koch running around endorsing Republicans. But that’s really not the major burr under my saddle at the moment.

I’m not sure what’s more offensive… taking an entire demographic group – ostensibly an anchor of your base – completely for granted without doing diddly squat to earn that support, or lumping so many millions of people together as if they were one homogenous block. Of course, she’s doing both when making these types of bold claims.

Talking about “the Jewish vote” is pretty much on par with talking about “the Hispanic vote.” You just can’t do it and maintain any credibility. If you examine Hispanic communities in, for example, New York City, L.A. and Miami, you’ll find groups so diverse in their primary issues and concerns that they hardly seem to have anything in common. The same can be said of pretty much any demographic slice of the nation you’d care to name.

It’s also patently false to assume that the only thing Jewish voters care about by and large is US policy on Israel. The fact is, if that were true, the Democrats would probably never get another vote from any of them again. People are funny, as my Mom used to say, and you never know what’s going to motivate them. But it would be nice if Jewish voters across the country held Ms. Wasserman Schultz accountable for her statements and asked why they’re being taken for granted in this fashion.

(Edit: NY-9 would probably have been a better reference… Jazz)

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

..still delusional after all these beers.

The War Planner on September 22, 2011 at 2:49 PM

The economy is the great unifier.

John the Libertarian on September 22, 2011 at 2:50 PM

“Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.) on Thursday pushed back hard against the claim that Democrats recently lost a House seat.”

You could have stopped there, she’s so delusional.

Marcus on September 22, 2011 at 2:50 PM

Little Debbie seems to forget that she has a fellow liberal by the name of Helen Thomas, and Israel already knows all too well how Helen feels about the JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSS!

pilamaye on September 22, 2011 at 2:52 PM

The democrats favorite play in their playbook…identity politics.

Blacks…Check.
Hispanics…Check.
Gay/Lesbian/Transgender…Check.

Taking them all for granted…Check!

Gothguy on September 22, 2011 at 2:52 PM

That chick is a train wreck from the waist down.

Maxpower on September 22, 2011 at 2:52 PM

Leftists always focus on groups, not individuals. If you personalize the population, it is emotionally harder to send them to the camps.

Vashta.Nerada on September 22, 2011 at 2:52 PM

Debbie is pro slavery.

portlandon on September 22, 2011 at 2:52 PM

true and doubly true on Jewish voters. I have not understood their judgment on support for Dem politicians. Then again, they do have a history of questionable judgment.

ted c on September 22, 2011 at 2:52 PM

Another doozie from She-of-the-angry-perm.

petefrt on September 22, 2011 at 2:52 PM

It’s just an insult, AP. Not gonna even register, much less make a mark.

RushBaby on September 22, 2011 at 2:54 PM

Scoter created a whole new dynamic. Not sure how well past voting preferences jibe with how things have gone in the last three years.

a capella on September 22, 2011 at 2:54 PM

Is there a reason why we should debate the ranting of a mentally unstable person?

David in ATL on September 22, 2011 at 2:54 PM

me jew and republican…Never voted for a d ever. I am not sheep. Debbie downer you belong in the chipper.

Ricki on September 22, 2011 at 2:54 PM

Ah, should have double checked the byline. Sorry Jazz.

RushBaby on September 22, 2011 at 2:54 PM

The jewish vote has always been tough for democrats. – DSW, 2012.

lorien1973 on September 22, 2011 at 2:55 PM

Offensive but also democrat party strategy. Just look at how libs treat any minority who doesn’t toe the party line.

RDuke on September 22, 2011 at 2:55 PM

Scoter

= Scooter.

a capella on September 22, 2011 at 2:55 PM

You can bet that at least 10% fewer Jews will vote for the Once in 1012. Maybe even twice that total.

honsy on September 22, 2011 at 2:56 PM

Wait. I thought that NY seat was a hard seat for Democrats to hold because of the Orthodox Jews. Which is it Debby? Is the Democratic Party the natural home of Jews or do Jews vote against Democrats? Or maybe Orthodox Jews aren’t really Jews at all?

Lily on September 22, 2011 at 2:56 PM

The Democrat Party is the natural home for progressives and the progressive movement is the natural home for anti-Semites. History repeats.

cartooner on September 22, 2011 at 2:58 PM

I find this identity politics stuff pretty creepy.

Quick, who is more likely to refer to themselves as a hyphen-American the left or the right? “Proud-American” doesn’t count.

WitchDoctor on September 22, 2011 at 2:59 PM

Vee haff vays of ensuring zat zee Jews are Jewish vote is locked up.

OhioCoastie on September 22, 2011 at 3:01 PM

As a Jewish friend of mine would say, “She’s a disgrace to the tribe”.

Ward Cleaver on September 22, 2011 at 3:03 PM

You’ll have to excuse DWS… she’s not thinking straight right now.

She’s a little preoccupied with mommy about to get busted for corruption charges down in Broward County, Florida.

Ker-link

teke184 on September 22, 2011 at 3:04 PM

Washerman-Schultz lookalike found: Separated at Birth?

slickwillie2001 on September 22, 2011 at 3:05 PM

That chick is a train wreck from the waist down.

Maxpower on September 22, 2011 at 2:52 PM

Also a train wreck from the neck up.

el rey on September 22, 2011 at 3:05 PM

Unfortunately for the foolish Jews, she is right.

“Who consistently, as a voting bloc, vote against their self-interests?” –Carville at his university presentations

They won’t won Ed Koch. He will be the Zell Miller in 2012.

Schadenfreude on September 22, 2011 at 3:05 PM

Ah, should have double checked the byline. Sorry Jazz.

RushBaby on September 22, 2011 at 2:54 PM

Happens all the time. Then again, we look so much alike…

Jazz Shaw on September 22, 2011 at 3:05 PM

If RINOmney is the Rep vote, I think she’s right. Nothing to get Jews excited about a Republican like a Mormon Republican.

I have no idea if Mormons are anti-Semitic or if they’re not. It doesn’t matter. By the end of the campaign the MSM/Democrat machine will have convinced Jews that Mormon = Nazi. And because most people don’t really know anything about Mormons, they’ll be inclined to believe whatever they’re told.

angryed on September 22, 2011 at 3:06 PM

That chick is a train wreck from the waist down.

Maxpower on September 22, 2011 at 2:52 PM

Surely you jest. She’s also a wreck from the waist up, thru and thru.

AH_C on September 22, 2011 at 3:07 PM

The dems are about to lose a small part of the jewish vote, especially with the younger generation. But then again I only know conservative Jews.

Oil Can on September 22, 2011 at 3:07 PM

She is basing her idiocy on the fact that most Jews are non-religious or anti-religious. Those “Jews” that she is familiar with worship liberalism rather than actually believing in Judaism.

sabbahillel on September 22, 2011 at 3:07 PM

Heh. Don’t hold your breath.

MeatHeadinCA on September 22, 2011 at 3:09 PM

Jewish-Americans have no problems with the president’s position on Israel.

Here’s a tell- my 15 year old daughter (goes to a Private Jewish High School) mentioned one of her teachers the other day, and in trying to figure out which teacher she was, I said, “oh, is that the short woman who wouldn’t stop talking about how great Obama was during the last election?” (incidentally, that was the right teacher)- my daughter (who is up to date on very little other than Justin Bieber- don’t get me started), said, “I don’t know, but I’m sure she doesn’t feel that way anymore”…

The tide…she is achanging…

(I’m sure the dems will still get the majority of the J-vote…but significantly less than any other time).

marks on September 22, 2011 at 3:09 PM

Where is the natural home for Italian voters… and more importantly… why should there be a natural home for me based on my ethnicity? How does that work exactly?

Are the things that concern me any different than the things that could possibly concern another voter based purely on my genetic makeup?

mankai on September 22, 2011 at 3:09 PM

Debbie dear…. Your Democrat party is now comprised of anarchists, marxists, socialists and radicals. Nobody likes your policies or your agenda, okay?

And finally? Puleeeeeeeze do something about that hair. You look like a wet poodle.

Key West Reader on September 22, 2011 at 3:13 PM

Better speak to Barney Frank, Debbie

Frank has taken nearly $19,000 from Full Tilt Poker since 2007 and another $14,000 from the Poker Players Alliance.

On Tuesday, federal prosecutors in New York filed a civil complaint alleging that Full Tilt Poker defrauded players by lining board members’ pockets with nearly $450 million of players’ money

Read more: http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/politics/local_politics/barney-frank-to-give-back-campaign-money-20110922#ixzz1Yi6AOhJn

William Amos on September 22, 2011 at 3:14 PM

Given NY9 recent history corrections are needed.

DNC Chair: We are so totally gonna get opwned by the Jewish vote

Slowburn on September 22, 2011 at 3:14 PM

Wasserman Schultz is a blonde joke.

ultracon on September 22, 2011 at 3:14 PM

angryed on September 22, 2011 at 3:06 PM

I’ve never met a Mormon I didn’t like personally. They are honest and courteous – perhaps genetically so. :) Anti-Semitism among them? Rare – if any exists at all.

But there was a bit of a kerfuffle a few years back when it was discovered that the Mormon Church was collecting the names of Jews who died in the Holocaust in order to baptize them posthumously. Jews who are not self-hating shrugged this off as a “Whatever.” But Leftist Jews will use this against Mitt to weaken him among their own kind. Not that Leftist Jews care about the issue per se, but they’ll use it as a cudgel against Mitt.

Frankly, I’m not worried about this – since Perry will get the nomination. ;)

honsy on September 22, 2011 at 3:14 PM

HA’s picture selection for Debbie reminded me of a Bill Cosby sketch wherein his wife sees that he has given the kids cake for breakfast. “I’ve always heard about people having a conniption but I’ve never seen one. You don’t want to see ‘em. My wife’s face… split. My wife’s face split, and the skin and hair split and came off of her face so that there was nothing except the skull.”

Bootleghooch on September 22, 2011 at 3:15 PM

And, And Obama has turned this economy around. DWS please tap your heels together and say “I wish I were in Kansas, I wish I were in Kansas.”

rjoco1 on September 22, 2011 at 3:16 PM

it’s an interesting statement to make after losing NY-6 and seeing figures like Ed Koch running around endorsing Republicans.

Shouldn’t that be NY – 09?

Fred 2 on September 22, 2011 at 3:16 PM

—–
Don’t hold your breath on that one. The Jewish people (in general) don’t care or don’t have the balls to do it!

Confederate on September 22, 2011 at 3:17 PM

Jews do not all think alike, but peer pressure is an essential ingredient of voting patterns, particularly of comparatively close-knit groups. Most Jews are liberal, and even those who aren’t tend to live in liberal states or localities. Whether that makes voting Democrat “natural” is open to question, but it’s a pretty safe bet that if almost any Democrat but Obama were leading the ticket, predicting the Jewish vote would be a no-brainer even by Debby standards.

Seth Halpern on September 22, 2011 at 3:18 PM

Confederate on September 22, 2011 at 3:17 PM

Don’t question my manhood – or I’ll slap you with Jetboy’s purse! :)

honsy on September 22, 2011 at 3:18 PM

I made the argument after the 2004 election that, at least in a close election, you have to benchmark the Jewish vote from a “normal” position of 75-25 liberal, not 50-50 or whatever the final vote is across the country. A Jewish vote that goes 70-30 or, dare I say, 65-35 is not a victory for the liberal, despite its outward appearance.

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on September 22, 2011 at 3:18 PM

The goofy dolt couldn’t tell you what time it was if you showed her your watch.

rplat on September 22, 2011 at 3:20 PM

I have no idea if Mormons are anti-Semitic or if they’re not. It doesn’t matter. By the end of the campaign the MSM/Democrat machine will have convinced Jews that Mormon = Nazi. And because most people don’t really know anything about Mormons OR NAZIS, they’ll be inclined to believe whatever they’re told.

angryed on September 22, 2011 at 3:06 PM

Amended to note that most people don’t realize that the Nazis/Fascists were a lot closer to the Left in this country than anything else.

mankai on September 22, 2011 at 3:21 PM

…and in trying to figure out which teacher she was, I said, “oh, is that the short woman who wouldn’t stop talking about how great Obama was during the last election?”

Boy howdy, that would not narrow it down in any Jewish day school my kids ever attended.

Fabozz on September 22, 2011 at 3:22 PM

ME: Jewish conservative that has voted mostly Repub for over 32 years.
DWS: Jewish Democrat party hack.

A man is rescued from a desert island after 20 years. The news media, amazed at this feat of survival, ask him to show them his home.
“How did you survive? How did you keep sane?” they ask him, as he shows them around the small island.
“I had my faith. My faith as a Jew kept me strong. Come.” He leads them to a small glen, where stands an opulent temple, made entirely from palm fronds, coconut shells and woven grass. The news cameras take pictures of everything — even a torah made from banana leaves and written in octopus ink. “This took me five years to complete.”
“Amazing! And what did you do for the next fifteen years?”
“Come with me.” He leads them around to the far side of the island. There, in a shady grove, is an even more beautiful temple. “This one took me twelve years to complete!”
“But sir” asks the reporter, “Why did you build two temples?”
“This is the temple I attend. That other place? Hah! I wouldn’t set foot in that other temple if you PAID me!”

Ira on September 22, 2011 at 3:25 PM

Let’s keep in mind that the Democrats insist that they are the party of women just as strongly as they insist that they are the party of Blacks, in spite of the fact that while they do have a monopoly on the Black vote, they have to fight tooth and nail to maintain slightly over 50% of the female vote.

So regardless of whether the Democrats get 75% of the Jewish vote (as was the case in 2008 )or only 50% of the Jewish vote (as was the case in 1984), the Democrats will continue to insist that they are the natural home to Jewish voters.

The fact is, a lot of Jewish Americans gave Obama a pass on Jeremiah Wright because they wanted to believe that he’d be another Bill Clinton. Now they see he’s no friend of Israel, and his economic policies are a far cry from Clinton’s fiscal Centrism.

I’m Jewish, and I now have relatives who voted for Obama sending me chain emails mocking him. He won’t get more than 50% of the Jewish vote next time around. And of that 50%, most will be JINOs.

ardenenoch on September 22, 2011 at 3:31 PM

Wasserman is just another link in the Obama chain. I think she also gets tingles when she is around BHO, but her remarks on Fox today just highlight the total disconnect the Democrats have with the people of the USA. If you aren’t on welfare they don’t have a clue what you really want or think and they really don’t care.

SgtRed on September 22, 2011 at 3:33 PM

I understand that the religious Jews get along with the Evangelicals pretty well. Unlike the Progressive Jews, they’ve been paying attention, and aren’t living in the past.

LarryD on September 22, 2011 at 3:34 PM

All you people that think DWS is the least bit attractive…

RECOGNIZE!!!

fossten on September 22, 2011 at 3:42 PM

They’re going to win the Jewish vote, no doubt in my mind about that. The question is how much can the GOP get this time around and if they can hold Obama below 70%, things will look good in Florida. If the GOP can somehow grab 35%-40% of the Jewish vote, Florida is a sure thing. The only other state with a heavy concentration of Jewish voters that I know of is New York, but I doubt Obama will lose that state. If the GOP can by some miracle get more than 40% of the Jewish vote, Obama’s lead in New York should be down into the single digits and he will be forced to play defense there which would steal time and money from the battleground states.

Just get 1/3 of the Jewish vote Republicans, that’s what you need.

Daemonocracy on September 22, 2011 at 3:42 PM

Look, the non-religious jews aren’t going to go conservative. We should still reach out to them without compromising our principles of course.

Iblis on September 22, 2011 at 3:43 PM

Sit

Tim_CA on September 22, 2011 at 3:51 PM

mankai on September 22, 2011 at 3:21 PM

Jonah Goldberg has a book for you. Would provide a linkey to Liberal Fascism but Amazon insists on naming me. The first part is a slog but then he gets down to facts.

Caststeel on September 22, 2011 at 3:57 PM

Wasserman is probably right. In 1980 Jews voted to KEEP Jimmy Carter. In 1984 when Reagan won 49 states Jews voted for Mondale. Of course General Eisenhower who defeated the Nazi’s surely won the Jewish vote right? Wrong 2 elections Jews voted against IKE.

Dennis D on September 22, 2011 at 4:00 PM

Oy, is she farchadat!

jaschenb74 on September 22, 2011 at 4:03 PM

This is “identity politics”, which is fundamentally deeply bigoted.

Steven Den Beste on September 22, 2011 at 4:06 PM

Ricki on September 22, 2011 at 2:54 PM

My late father(a Jewish conservative) refereed to Jews like Debbie Duffus of having a ghetto mentality. I wish he were still here-because Larry would have had a field day with that twit.

annoyinglittletwerp on September 22, 2011 at 4:09 PM

Caststeel on September 22, 2011 at 3:57 PM

We have it and highly recommend it.

annoyinglittletwerp on September 22, 2011 at 4:11 PM

Anyone who thinks Obama will lose the Jewish vote is a fool or a damed fool.

rickyricardo on September 22, 2011 at 4:12 PM

Sadly she is right if our Temple is in any way representative. Of course, they already did own them so any drop in support is incremental to Republicans.

The Opinionator on September 22, 2011 at 4:12 PM

Oy, is she farchadat!

jaschenb74 on September 22, 2011 at 4:03 PM

I think she’s just plain meshugganah.

annoyinglittletwerp on September 22, 2011 at 4:13 PM

Anyone who thinks Obama will lose the Jewish vote is a fool or a damed fool.

rickyricardo on September 22, 2011 at 4:12 PM

Live like Presbyterians-vote like Puerto Ricans.
*I am sooo glad my parents weren’t typical reformed Jews.*

annoyinglittletwerp on September 22, 2011 at 4:15 PM

An oldie but a goodie . ..

Denial is more than just a river in Egypt

PJ Emeritus on September 22, 2011 at 4:16 PM

Iblis on September 22, 2011 at 3:43 PM

My parents were non-religious Jews who considered themselves to be ‘Unreconstructed Buckleyist Conservatives’. My mother still calls herself that.

annoyinglittletwerp on September 22, 2011 at 4:17 PM

She knows where her biscuits are buttered.

SouthernGent on September 22, 2011 at 4:27 PM

Not sure about the overall Jewish vote, but they’ve got the coveted Airhead Jewish-American Princess with Bad Hair vote locked up.

Doesn’t the DNC have anybody on their PR staff that helps with image? Couldn’t they at least call in John Edwards to do her hair?

She can’t help being a ditz, that is how she was born, bless her heart. She doesn’t have to go about looking like a ditz, though. She could also avoid sounding like a ditz but, in her position as DNC Chairpoison, it would be hard to keep her mouth shut all the time.

Adjoran on September 22, 2011 at 4:35 PM

@honsy: I’m a non-self-hating Jew who can’t stand the fact that Mormons are steadily posthumously baptizing Jews who were killed in the Holocaust. It is offensive, it is insensitive, and it makes a mockery of the fact that they were murdered because they were Jews.

I didn’t and won’t vote for Obama. I won’t not vote for a Mormon because of the above. But Mormons need to acknowledge that it is offensive and stop doing it.

Meryl Yourish on September 22, 2011 at 4:40 PM

All you people that think DWS is the least bit attractive…

RECOGNIZE!!!

fossten on September 22, 2011 at 3:42 PM

It’s not that she’s hot. It’s that attitude. The more annoying a woman the higher the probability she is dirty nasty in the boudoir. And given the annoying factor we’re dealing with here…..LOOK OUT.

angryed on September 22, 2011 at 4:41 PM

Jews think the dems will help them protect their wealth? Someone better tell Waxman.

ctmom on September 22, 2011 at 4:49 PM

angryed on September 22, 2011 at 4:41 PM

Dude, I’m really sorry, but I had to report you to Attaaaaaaaack Waaaaaatch for that one.

fossten on September 22, 2011 at 4:58 PM

Nope, she and they don’t and won’t have me, nor my wife and none of the kids.

skatz51 on September 22, 2011 at 5:03 PM

fossten on September 22, 2011 at 4:58 PM

I thought it was a compliment.

angryed on September 22, 2011 at 5:06 PM

I’m not sure what’s more offensive… taking an entire demographic group – ostensibly an anchor of your base – completely for granted without doing diddly squat to earn that support..

What’s offensive about that? If Jews are willing to give away their vote, how is that the Democrats fault? Why pay for something if they’re willing to give it to you for free?

Debbie Dunderhead is right…they are going to totally own the Jewish vote. Sure, they might lose a few, but it won’t be enough to make a difference in the election.

xblade on September 22, 2011 at 5:11 PM

Meryl Yourish on September 22, 2011 at 4:40 PM

I don’t think what they are doing is cool either, but I don’t lose any sleep over it.

To me, “offensive” is a politically correct term for someone who feels powerless to overcome an opponent. They try to make them feel bad so they might cave in to the others desire.

Sorry – as much as I wish they wouldn’t do that, I continue living my life as before. I do not feel threatened by their mistaken ideology in this regard.

honsy on September 22, 2011 at 5:19 PM

xblade on September 22, 2011 at 5:11 PM

What’s offensive about that? If girls are willing to give away their virginity, how is that the guys’ fault? Why pay for something if they’re willing to give it to you for free?

honsy on September 22, 2011 at 5:21 PM

When our Islam lover in the WH demanded that Israel revert to indefensible ’67 borders with the Muslim hordes that dearly want to annihilate Israel, I think most Jewish voters woke up. Obama is an accomplished lier and IMO only fools would trust any mollifying words now. Obama’s real sympathies are bad news for Israel and I seriously doubt Jewish voters will be suckered again.

Chessplayer on September 22, 2011 at 5:22 PM

Whoops! There goes the first ever Jewish vote.
Whoops! There goes the first ever Jewish vote.

Pablo Snooze on September 22, 2011 at 5:23 PM

Debbie Wasserman Schutz says:

If I were a delusional woman,
Ya ha deedle deedle, bubba bubba deedle deedle dum.
All day long I’d biddy biddy bum.
If I were a delusional woman.
I wouldn’t have to work hard.
Ya ha deedle deedle, bubba bubba deedle deedle dum.
If I were a biddy biddy rich,
Yidle-diddle-didle-didle woman.

I’d build a big government with agencies by the dozen,
To reward the voters.
With high paying jobs with great benefits.
There would be one long public art projects just going up,
And one even longer coming down,
And one more leading nowhere, just for show.

I’d fill my government buildings with officials and clerks and lots of workers
For the town to see and hear.
(Insert)Squawking just as noisily as they can. (End Insert)
With each loud “cheep” “swaqwk” “honk” “quack”
Would land like a trumpet on the ear,
As if to say “Here lives a delusional woman.”

Mr. Joe on September 22, 2011 at 5:36 PM

Meryl Yourish on September 22, 2011 at 4:40 PM

You know when my dad died the Catholics in his union had a mass said for him! Was that offensive – not at all. I have never understood if you don’t believe in something how that can affect you? It was a sweet offering to someone they loved and respected.
BYU was allowed to build a beautiful structure in Jerusalem that houses students who come for a semester to study. They were given special permission to do that. Do you think they would’ve been allowed if they thought they were hostile to the Jews? If you live in Israel I hope you would go and visit it.
So it’s OK for you to support a president who bows to the muslim prince, who sat in a church where the minister preached against the Jews and the Americans and thought the most beautiful thing was the muslim call to prayers?
But not support a Christian who follows the bible and believes the Jews were/are the chosen people. By the way, Glenn is one of those who risked his life to show support!
What a world we live in!

Bambi on September 22, 2011 at 5:41 PM

Blabbermouth is the best thing that happened to the GOP

malkinmania on September 22, 2011 at 5:53 PM

Did you know Wasserman Schultz is a breast cancer survivor and a mother of twins? She brings that up in some way shape or form every week. So wearing the cancer-survivor-working-mother-of-twins-kind-of-jew shield, she can’t be touched with the reality stick. If she says she owns the Jewish vote, well then, she OWNS THE JEWISH VOTE.

Heh.

She kills me.

Never saw a politician lie as hard as she lies. She just wills that lie into your head and demands that you believe it. I don’t think she even knew Gabriel Giffords other than to say hi from across the room and at cocktail parties, but man she gloomed right onto the “Best Friend” list after the shooting. Utterly shameless. “She blinked at me! We are like sisters and stuff!” I, myself, do that all the time. I go into hospitals and find head wound victims and tell them we are best friends and they’ll remember when their memory comes back. Doesn’t everyone?

LMAO.

There aren’t many politicians that I consider truly evil, but Wasserman Schultz is on that list.

BrideOfRove on September 22, 2011 at 6:07 PM

I live in CD 9. No one I know voted for Weprin. Yes, i am Jewish. And Weprin’s record on Israel was better than Turner.

The Jewish community,(not only Orthodox) was motivated to vote for Turner primarily by the economy and the Arab- Israel situation.

But more than anything else, it was a vote AGAINST, Ayers’khalid’s friend Obama, against Hilary, against socialism, against Obamacaire, and yes, also against Debbie does Hamas, J Street supporting DNC chairman. There is nothing Jewish about this woman except for her Chutzpah.

Jews who are not estranged from their Torah or history, will vote against Obama.

bigben on September 22, 2011 at 6:10 PM

sabbahillel on September 22, 2011 at 3:07 PM

Yup. The Dems will continue to own the liberal Jewish vote, although they will lose a few of those. I believe though, that the Orthodox Jewish vote, which is very hostile to Obama, will turn out in vastly greater numbers than they did in 2008. All told, they won’t do as well. So Debbie, I think you’ve misoverestimated the situation. Nothing a shopping trip couldn’t cure, though.

smellthecoffee on September 22, 2011 at 6:21 PM

Blacks…Check.
Hispanics…Check.
Gay/Lesbian/Transgender…Check.

Socialists….check.

Communists…check.

Union thugs…check.

Racists…check.

Dead people…check.

Plus all the “disenfranachised”…check

Twana on September 22, 2011 at 6:28 PM

Lil Debbie makes Little Howie Dean look almost sane. Having a single digit IQ is a prerequisite for the DNC.

volsense on September 22, 2011 at 6:41 PM

She’s right. Jewish conservatives may wince at her remarks, but it’s true. Judaism and progressive politics have always gone together. Not only is socialism progressive, but internationally, siding with brown-skinned “oppressed freedom fighters” against a westernized Caucasian government is the epitome of progressive ideals.

keep the change on September 22, 2011 at 7:27 PM

I’m glad they have her as their cheerleader, who could be better at sending their delusional messages? Oh wait…there’s some guy talking at a bridge today.

scalleywag on September 22, 2011 at 7:35 PM

She’s right.

Obama could build the Temple and appear in it and announce himself as God and he’d get 80% of the Jewish vote in 2012.

A video could surface that showed that HE WAS driving the truck in Texas that killed James Byrd when Bush was Governor of Texas and he’d still get 90% of the black vote in 2012.

Some things are just locks for the two parties.

PappyD61 on September 22, 2011 at 7:57 PM

overheard on the treasure coast
“not”
and hating gov. scott less too….

Rea1ityCheck on September 22, 2011 at 8:40 PM

Four letters, rhymes with punt.

vermin on September 22, 2011 at 11:33 PM

So, will this b*tch be bounced out of DNC before or after the 2012 election? Have to disagree with volsense. Nothing can make Dean look sane, but she’s doing her damnedest.

Extrafishy on September 23, 2011 at 6:15 AM

Unfortunately she’s correct. They are going to own the Jewish vote. It’ll go down on the margins, but the vast majority of Jews (and I can speak up because I am one) will reflexively vote Democratic like they usually do because most Jews are more concerned with social issues than anything else. No sense in hypothesizing, though. Just wait until election day and watch what happens.

eyedoc on September 23, 2011 at 9:46 AM

She and Pelosi have to be related. The RNC should really thank BHO for the gift she has been to ad writers in the coming campaign

pgrossjr on September 23, 2011 at 11:46 AM