Bob Turner pledges to only use his Twitter account fully clothed

posted at 2:05 pm on September 16, 2011 by Tina Korbe

The more I learn about this guy, the more I like him. He’s green, to be sure: Two days ago, after an interview with Megyn Kelly on “America Live,” he stood up so abruptly he blocked her camera shot and she had to call him out on it (in forceful, friendly, classic Kelly style). But he’s also got unapologetic confidence (he pronounced himself not surprised at his victory!) and a sense of humor to rival Herman Cain’s. (What is it about these Washington outsiders that enables them to keep such perspective? Don’t they know the world revolves around the myopic political battles and petty personalities within the Beltway?)

“I do have a Twitter account,” Turner quipped recently. “But I will use it fully clothed.”

Zing. But no wonder Turner has words for Anthony Weiner. The disgraced former Congressman left his office in simply lovely condition for the newly elected Republican. Replete with a dirty old toothbrush, the office didn’t exactly say, “Welcome.” No matter: Turner’s family just ordered it scrubbed … and maybe recarpeted … and possibly refurnished. It takes a lot to rid a spot of Anthony Weiner residue.

“Weiner left his toothbrush behind! It literally says ‘Anthony’ on it,” an insider said.

“We made the assumption who Anthony was.”

Turner’s wife, Peggy, a registered nurse, personally requested that congressional cleaners be brought in to scrub the bathroom, the insider said.

There also was talk of replacing the carpeting and Weiner’s office chair, the insider said.

But, with that, I’ll stop with the cheap shots I never took at Weiner during the entire Weinergate scandal, when I tried, despite the onslaught of innuendos, to stay high-minded. The most important fact in all this is that Bob Turner is refreshing — and ready to work. He’s really not too worried about refurbishing his office space (nor does he buy the spin that Weiner is the reason NY-9 voted Republican for the first time in more than 80 years).

“I’ll defer to the taxpayers,” he said. “We’ll use what we got. That’s not the most important thing I have to deal with.”

Sigh. If only it were. How nice if unemployment weren’t 9.1 percent, the national debt more than $14 trillion and the president’s jobs plan more than $400 billion! How nice if the federal government didn’t pour money into Planned Parenthood despite states’ wishes, if the DOJ didn’t cover up a crazy-brained program to sell guns to straw purchasers, if the president didn’t insist on subsidies for companies bound to go belly-up! But if Bob Turner’s not complaining, then neither am I.

On that note, why is Weprin whining? At least now he doesn’t have to deal with the problems his party created …

Comments

Seriously someone get the guy a new chair.

Just to think what could be on that one – ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

gophergirl on September 16, 2011 at 2:07 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!

John the Libertarian on September 16, 2011 at 2:09 PM

I refuse to take the same pledge because I am committed to the Pants-Free lifestyle.

ExUrbanKevin on September 16, 2011 at 2:09 PM

AAAAAAATTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATCH!

The War Planner on September 16, 2011 at 2:10 PM

Turner should tell the cleaning crew to check the ceiling as well.

darwin on September 16, 2011 at 2:11 PM

Turner appears to be a very simpatico and nice person.

Schadenfreude on September 16, 2011 at 2:11 PM

Key exerpt from the article

But Turner, who attended a whirlwind of meetings all day, waved off questions about office decor and Weiner residue.

“I’ll defer to the taxpayers. We’ll use what we got. That’s not the most important thing I have to deal with,’’ he said.

Priorities and reality check

Schadenfreude on September 16, 2011 at 2:13 PM

a capella on September 16, 2011 at 2:12 PM

Bloomberg s/b ashamed for the agitation, as a mayor.

May he be ‘pitchforked’.

Schadenfreude on September 16, 2011 at 2:14 PM

He should consult the Hazmat crew that reclaimed the Oral Office from various Clintonian residues after Slick departed.

viking01 on September 16, 2011 at 2:17 PM

Did he say read my lips before making this promise?

mwbri on September 16, 2011 at 2:20 PM

They might need an exorcist as well.

RBMN on September 16, 2011 at 2:22 PM

Weiner residue

ISWYDT.

:-D

Mary in LA on September 16, 2011 at 2:24 PM

Note to Turner: It’s okay. You need to make this your FIRST priority.

CliffHanger on September 16, 2011 at 2:24 PM

Cheap shots and innuendos? Not a single member of this commentariat implied anything or made any full frontal assaults on Weiner.

forest on September 16, 2011 at 2:25 PM

Seriously someone get the guy a new chair.

Just to think what could be on that one – ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

gophergirl on September 16, 2011 at 2:07 PM

Then you probably don’t want to know what Weiner did when his secretary asked him if he could come to the phone.

Extrafishy on September 16, 2011 at 2:26 PM

They might need an exorcist as well.

RBMN on September 16, 2011 at 2:22 PM

Nah, just an ecchorcist. (Thank you, Mad Magazine!)

Mary in LA on September 16, 2011 at 2:28 PM

Extrafishy on September 16, 2011 at 2:26 PM

He said, “From here?”

Mary in LA on September 16, 2011 at 2:30 PM

What they should do is come in with one of those ultraviolet lights that detect, ahem, bodily fluid stains, and film the results. LOL!

Blake on September 16, 2011 at 2:30 PM

An envious Billy Clintoon lamented his days before Bluetooth headset communications technology which allowed keeping both hands free.

viking01 on September 16, 2011 at 2:32 PM

Turner’s family just ordered it scrubbed … and maybe recarpeted … and possibly refurnished. It takes a lot to rid a spot of Anthony Weiner residue…

Turner should bring in a film crew, power up a black ligh, then turn off the lights…

… Ghah!!!

Seven Percent Solution on September 16, 2011 at 2:33 PM

Heh. No pressure, Scooter.

Rush said Obama wants riots, and I believe him.

hachiban on September 16, 2011 at 2:33 PM

Blake on September 16, 2011 at 2:30 PM

Like the Clinton Oral Office it probably would look like a paintball arena.

viking01 on September 16, 2011 at 2:34 PM

He said, “From here?”

Mary in LA on September 16, 2011 at 2:30 PM

LOL. If I get banned, you’re going down with me.

Extrafishy on September 16, 2011 at 2:35 PM

Blake on September 16, 2011 at 2:30 PM

Turner should bring in a film crew, power up a black light, then turn off the lights…
… Ghah!!!
Seven Percent Solution on September 16, 2011 at 2:33 PM

Like the Clinton Oral Office it probably would look like a paintball arena.
viking01 on September 16, 2011 at 2:34 PM

Ha! I got one of those black-light kits to find out where my cats had peed. (They’re old, they know where the litter boxes are, but they just don’t care any more…)

;-)

Mary in LA on September 16, 2011 at 2:49 PM

LOL. If I get banned, you’re going down with me.

Extrafishy on September 16, 2011 at 2:35 PM

You might want to rephrase that last one.

44Magnum on September 16, 2011 at 2:50 PM

LOL. If I get banned, you’re going down with me.

Extrafishy on September 16, 2011 at 2:35 PM

I’m not sorry, and I’ll do it again!

:-D

Mary in LA on September 16, 2011 at 2:50 PM

Better to say Anthony then Wiener if he is going to put it in his mouth.

Electrongod on September 16, 2011 at 2:51 PM

You might want to rephrase that last one.

44Magnum on September 16, 2011 at 2:50 PM

Color me slow on the uptake! [blush] I knew I should have had regular coffee this morning instead of decaf…

Mary in LA on September 16, 2011 at 2:51 PM

Electrongod on September 16, 2011 at 2:51 PM

Dang it! I just snorted decaf out my nose!

Mary in LA on September 16, 2011 at 2:52 PM

Cancel that,call in the NYFD Hazmat.

docflash on September 16, 2011 at 3:14 PM

I would also suggest another locker in the House gym…

… on second thought, work out from home.

Seven Percent Solution on September 16, 2011 at 3:17 PM

Turner might want to delete all the .jpg files from the office computer. Just in case…

Steve Z on September 16, 2011 at 3:18 PM

Steve Z on September 16, 2011 at 3:18 PM

Or box up the hard drive and send it to Weiner…with a bill.

SKYFOX on September 16, 2011 at 3:24 PM

As a Bob Turner, son and grandson of Bob Turners I approve.

Dr T on September 16, 2011 at 3:29 PM

;-)

Mary in LA on September 16, 2011 at 2:49 PM

Sorry for the bit of off topic, but wanted to mention to check out “cat dementia” to see if that’s where your kitties are going. Mine ended up having it and we ended up having to have a couple of litter boxes in her main living area. It also was nice to know why she would randomly cry out. Good luck with your cats.

kim roy on September 16, 2011 at 3:34 PM

kim roy on September 16, 2011 at 3:34 PM

Thanks! It’s entirely possible. One of the kitties is 18 and not walking very well. The other is 15, and she sometimes does the random meowing thing.

My abode is now decorated in puppy training pads.

What a pity there’s no such thing as Congressman training pads!

:-D

Mary in LA on September 16, 2011 at 3:47 PM

kim roy on September 16, 2011 at 3:34 PM

“Cat dementia” is a redundancy.

SKYFOX on September 16, 2011 at 3:48 PM

Were there any corn dogs left in the office fridge?

Mr_Magoo on September 16, 2011 at 4:50 PM

I got one of those special lights where you can pick up pet urine, blood, saliva and much more disgusting stuff.

He should pull an NCIS and go dark-scan the whole office buddy, you got a lot of work to do. :D

ProudPalinFan on September 16, 2011 at 5:13 PM

*LMAO crying here!*

I see the light suggestion was brought up…I got so disgusted when a TV show (maybe 60 minutes?) ran one of these lights inside a hotel room.

EEWWW!

ProudPalinFan on September 16, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Tina! Got your date for the 2011 Marine Corps Ball yet?

You don’t want to miss it!

Roy Rogers on September 16, 2011 at 5:23 PM

Were there any corn dogs left in the office fridge?

Mr_Magoo on September 16, 2011 at 4:50 PM

Now you know that Weiner likes his weiners unwrapped!

(Couldn’t pass it up… sorry….)

CrazyFool on September 16, 2011 at 5:24 PM

Now you know that Weiner likes his weiners unwrapped!

(Couldn’t pass it up… sorry….)

CrazyFool on September 16, 2011 at 5:24 PM

Is that mustard on your corn dog, or are you just happy to see me?

(back at ya’!)

Mr_Magoo on September 16, 2011 at 5:27 PM

My abode is now decorated in puppy training pads.

What a pity there’s no such thing as Congressman training pads!

:-D

Mary in LA on September 16, 2011 at 3:47 PM

We tore our hair out trying different things after we determined it wasn’t a health thing and when I came across the pages on dementia it made total sense. Good thought on the puppy pads!

For the congressmen, perhaps a rolled up newspaper, but they might like it.

“Cat dementia” is a redundancy.

SKYFOX on September 16, 2011 at 3:48 PM

Hey now! ;)

kim roy on September 16, 2011 at 5:45 PM

I’m hoping for a picture of his junk. Maybe his garage or a storage shed he might have.

kahall on September 16, 2011 at 6:12 PM

Really, why does anyone have a twitter account?

SC.Charlie on September 16, 2011 at 6:18 PM

Really, why does anyone have a twitter account?

SC.Charlie on September 16, 2011 at 6:18 PM

Well, I set one up before going to Washington D.C. for one of the Tea Party rallies. I tweeted a bit from there and then never used the account again.

Mary in LA on September 16, 2011 at 6:49 PM

“Cat dementia” is a redundancy.

SKYFOX on September 16, 2011 at 3:48 PM

Heh: Krazy Kat

I think there’s a metaphor in there: Ignatz Mouse = Obama and Krazy Kat = liberal voters. No matter now many times he hits them in the head with a brick, they’ll still think it’s true love.

Mary in LA on September 16, 2011 at 6:51 PM