Obama to crowd: “If you love me, you’ve got to help me pass this bill”

posted at 4:10 pm on September 14, 2011 by Allahpundit

Via National Journal, this isn’t as self-parodically narcissistic as the headline makes it sound. He’s responding to a guy in the audience who screamed “I love you, Barack!” — itself a newsworthy event given the state of O’s polling lately — and is kinda sorta teasing in his reply. Too bad he doesn’t mean a word of it. Over to you, former Democratic congressman Martin Frost:

I supported Obama in 2008 and intend to vote for him again in 2012. But on this issue, he is simply wrong.

As good as this job program is, it is unrealistic to expect that this Congress will fund it 100 percent with tax increases rather than funding it with a combination of tax hikes and spending cuts.

Instead of making Congress an offer it could not refuse, the president has made Congress an offer he knows they will not accept…

Why would the president make a funding proposal that he knows Congress will reject?

The most likely explanation is that his jobs program was a campaign document — not a real plan for putting people back to work.

If the GOP passed the bill as is and the economy either didn’t improve or improved only marginally, O would get the lion’s share of the blame. If they don’t pass the bill as is then the White House gets to keep playing the same sort of what-if game that they’ve played with the stimulus for two years. Coming to a campaign ad near you in October 2012: “What if the Republicans had passed the president’s jobs bill in its entirety when they had the chance? Our economy might be on the rebound right now.” That’s the ad they want to run for buck-passing purposes, and that’s why they’ve proposed paying for the bill exclusively with new taxes. It’s a poison pill for the GOP. If you really love Obama, you should help him not to pass the bill so that he can try to pawn the crapola “recovery” off on Republicans next year.

Latest poll results, incidentally: Obama 49, Romney 43 and Obama 50, Perry 42. Dude, I’m nervous.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

What a Borderline!

clnurnberg on September 14, 2011 at 4:52 PM

… add it to the list with: *facepalm*, Humpbot, melting chocolate bunny, ‘boss emeritus’, etc.

LOL

alohapundit on September 14, 2011 at 4:50 PM

Yep, although IIRC, facepalm is a 4chan creation.

carbon_footprint on September 14, 2011 at 4:52 PM

Well, then you’d still have a bone to pick with me because everyone knows “Unce, Tice, Fee Times A Mady” was the superior tune on that LP!!!

whatcat on September 14, 2011 at 4:42 PM

ROFLMAO

fossten on September 14, 2011 at 4:45 PM

Was a classic SNL bit, bout died laughing when I first saw it oh so long ago when it originally aired.
Buckwheat’s Greatest Hits

whatcat on September 14, 2011 at 4:54 PM

Still, I agree with Obama: Pass the American Jobs Act of 2011! It’s HR 2911. It’s simple. It eliminates the corporate income tax and the alternative minimum tax.

How can Barry object to passing the American Jobs Act of 2011? If we love him, we will pass it!

It’s not the Republican’s fault that Obama didn’t actually introduce his own bill for what is it, two weeks now?

Vanceone on September 14, 2011 at 4:54 PM

He’s responding to a guy in the audience who screamed “I love you, Barack!”

Reggie or Kal?

herm2416 on September 14, 2011 at 4:55 PM

“If you love me” — a fish (or person) who is at the low end of the tank, picking through the colorful pebbles at the bottom.

betsyz on September 14, 2011 at 4:55 PM

Sounds like something a boyfriend or girlfriend would tell someone they were pressuring to have sex with.

“But if you really loved me…”

RDE2010 on September 14, 2011 at 4:56 PM

The Messiah saith, If ye love me, keep my commandments…

bobthepeeler on September 14, 2011 at 4:51 PM

That was exactly my first thought too!

…(and snitch on thine friends too).

bobthepeeler on September 14, 2011 at 4:51 PM

Thy friends. Thine only before vowels.

Tzetzes on September 14, 2011 at 4:57 PM

He’s responding to a guy in the audience who screamed “I love you, Barack!”

Reggie or Kal?

herm2416 on September 14, 2011 at 4:55 PM

Barney.

whatcat on September 14, 2011 at 4:57 PM

Maybe if we don’t pass it he’ll scratch his wrist or make a faux self-injury. What a nutcase

clnurnberg on September 14, 2011 at 4:58 PM

He’s responding to a guy in the audience who screamed “I love you, Barack!”

Reggie or Kal?

herm2416 on September 14, 2011 at 4:55 PM

Barney.

whatcat on September 14, 2011 at 4:57 PM

Larry Sinclair?
Damn, BRB going to turn myself into Attack Waaaaaaaaaaaaatch.

carbon_footprint on September 14, 2011 at 4:59 PM

sorry barry, there’s just not enough tequila, vodka, smack and crack in the world …

who thought Stalinists could be such pathetic, weak pussies. after ass raping us for 2 years and murdering the economy, now It’s begging us to… just… love him. he’s like the ted bundy of presidents- once exposed and the besotted Manson/Obama Girls flee the ranch, he’s a big bowl of cowardly jello whinging for his political life.

why do i have this feeling he’s going to leave the white house eventually accompanied by the nice young men in their clean white coats in a straight jacket.

mittens on September 14, 2011 at 5:04 PM

If some app/widget developer had his/her thinking cap on s/he would write up a “report to Obama as fishy” app/widget. Would be great free pub for bloggers – just click and it posts a link to the blog entry at “attackwatch” on Twitter, Facebook, etc.

whatcat on September 14, 2011 at 4:37 PM

..hmmmmmmmmmm. I semi-know how to do this and have a friend who does. Maybe you could wire it into your (my/our/their, etc.) blog(s) and flood that site with stuff. (Until they put in Capcha or something to stop the spamming.)

The War Planner on September 14, 2011 at 5:06 PM

“Obama to crowd: “If you love me, you’ve got to help me pass this bill”

Up next…

… Obowma speaking in the Royal third person:

“Your love pleases us…”

Seven Percent Solution on September 14, 2011 at 5:07 PM

Submit, if you want to barf over dinner.

Schadenfreude on September 14, 2011 at 5:07 PM

Wookin pa nub in all de wong places

disa on September 14, 2011 at 5:09 PM

whatcat on September 14, 2011 at 4:42 PM

So, I click on this thread to check in and this is what I see. Now it is mandatory that I read the entire comment thread because I want to know how you get to this.

Cindy Munford on September 14, 2011 at 5:09 PM

That’s a loser’s game, and most Dems know it.

A President can’t run against Congress for reelection. Unless the GOP nominates Bachmann, none of the potential candidates will have voted on his plan at all. The electorate isn’t going to want to hear about the dastardly obstructionist Republicans, particularly not with an self-sustaining political force like Palin or Perry holding the banner. They’re going to want to hear about hope and change.

HitNRun on September 14, 2011 at 5:10 PM

“I get fed up with that kind of game plan, and we’ve been seeing it for too long. Too long,” Obama said. “We’re in a national emergency. We’ve been grappling with a crisis for three years, and instead of getting folks to rise up above partisanship in a spirit that says we’re all in this together, we got folks who are purposely dividing, purposely thinking just in terms of how does this play out just in terms of this election.”

Said today the swine who did nothing in 3 1/2 years…campaigning, grandstanding and golfing aside.

Schadenfreude on September 14, 2011 at 5:11 PM

Pathetic. Has there ever been a more offensive, groveling appeal from a President. He is a sniveling, conniving loser. I dub him Wormtongue.

I don’t feel a whole lot better about Rick Perry and his injection of personal attacks into the GOP primaries. He pretends to be a devout Christian but uses cheap shots, bringing others back upon him. His claim that he personally is responsible for job growth in Texas is a fallacy at best. His handling of the Gardasil matter was distinctly un-conservative. He has apologized, but while I have no complaint about Gardasil per se, I object strongly to the mentality that such a decision should be made by one many without going through the legislature. He definitely has an authoritarian streak we should beware of.

flataffect on September 14, 2011 at 5:14 PM

Rubes, it’s not your money.

Schakowsky said that Americans don’t deserve to keep all of their money because we need taxes to support our society.

Schadenfreude on September 14, 2011 at 5:14 PM

Schadenfreude on September 14, 2011 at 5:11 PM

Yep, a national emergency yet he still went to Martha’s Vineyard and golfed for 10 days just a couple of days before his joint session speech.

carbon_footprint on September 14, 2011 at 5:15 PM

Allah, do you ever check the internals of polls before talking about them?

32D / 22R is the poll you’re nervous about. Sheesh.

angryed on September 14, 2011 at 5:15 PM

If bankrupting the USA was not a real possibility, the Republicans should just pass the Obama jobs bill; heck, through in another half trillion dollars just for good measure.

Why? Because it is good politics. How better the total failure of the Keynesian economics?

The only people who subscribe to Keynesian economics are academics with zero real world experience.

The Rock on September 14, 2011 at 5:15 PM

As Ron White observed: “You can’t fix STUPID!”

As for “passing” Barry’s bill. Doesn’t he first have to WRITE and SUBMIT one?

GarandFan on September 14, 2011 at 5:16 PM

Per the rumor of Obama’s mental health issue:

So Obama is going to take “The Situation” from Jersey Shore’s tactic – and run head first into the wall , before you get the chit kicked out of you by Ronny…

How manly. Hmmm Juicy Fruit.

Odie1941 on September 14, 2011 at 5:17 PM

flataffect on September 14, 2011 at 5:14 PM

Interesting, and I felt the personal attacks were all coming from Bachmann, Santorum and Romney against Perry. It was a Perry pile on from most opinions.

Relax, Rick Perry learned his lesson about Gardasil and has apologized in the last two debates for his handling of the EO. Did Obama and Pelosi/Reid apologize for pushing Obamacare down our throats? Did Romney apologize for Romneycare? No to both questions.

carbon_footprint on September 14, 2011 at 5:18 PM

It’s not a rumor.

Obama is a liberal.

Liberalism is a mental disease.

Therefore, Obama is mentally diseased.

angryed on September 14, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Or what, no sex?

Aardvark on September 14, 2011 at 4:13 PM

I hope so … my wallet’s been f**ed enough by this loser.

HondaV65 on September 14, 2011 at 5:20 PM

…(and snitch on thine friends too).

bobthepeeler on September 14, 2011 at 4:51 PM
Thy friends. Thine only before vowels.

Tzetzes on September 14, 2011 at 4:57 PM

Yeah, I know, it just sounded more funny and archaic to me saying “thine.” Goin’ for a little humor…

bobthepeeler on September 14, 2011 at 5:23 PM

If you love me pass this bill. If it comes back, it’s yours.

Lily on September 14, 2011 at 5:23 PM

Wonder how many Dear John letters POTUS will get now?

texasconserv on September 14, 2011 at 5:23 PM

“Is you is or is you ain’t my baby”? “Wuv” :)

sicoit on September 14, 2011 at 5:26 PM

Cult of Personality. Just like all good dictators before him.

Barf.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on September 14, 2011 at 5:28 PM

I wonder how Barack got the guy to love him…pay his mortgage and fill his gas tank?

I guess Barack is going to be thinking that no bill means “no love”. This is about him. And The Float. And their excellent adventures…

Harry Schell on September 14, 2011 at 5:30 PM

bobthepeeler on September 14, 2011 at 5:23 PM

Ah, I understandeth… ;)

Tzetzes on September 14, 2011 at 5:33 PM

Obama just declared a National Emergency?

Speech.

Key West Reader on September 14, 2011 at 4:51 PM

Huh… if the “jobs situation” is now a national emergency after 3 years of him twiddling his thumbs, then those wildfires in Texas which need Federal help to be contained won’t be considered one until the whole of San Antonio, Austin, Houston, Dallas, and El Paso are charred husks.

teke184 on September 14, 2011 at 5:38 PM

Cult of Personality. Just like all good dictators before him.

Barf.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on September 14, 2011 at 5:28 PM

The term and the Living Color song both fit him.

He and the Dems have been trying to tell us that 1 and 1 make 3 for several years now.

teke184 on September 14, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Schadenfreude on September 14, 2011 at 5:11 PM

It’s disgusting. And now I wonder….how many are clapping because they genuinely believe this idiot, and how many are clapping because they fear their professors, or bosses, if they don’t feign enthusiasm?

capejasmine on September 14, 2011 at 5:41 PM

Baby love
baby love
oh how I need your love…

I am not going to be able to eat dinner now.
Thanks.

ArmyAunt on September 14, 2011 at 5:45 PM

This guy is good and I thank my old debate teacher for teaching me logic and rational thinking . If you love me pass my commandments, Logical conclusion… If you do not pass my commandment.. YOU HATE ME1!! Hate = Racism =If you wont pass my commandments You are a RAAAAAACist!! This is all implied without ever being said time after time with the Communist Democrats.

Marco on September 14, 2011 at 5:59 PM

We are below the gutter. Everything we own at this point belongs to China. Israel is being surrounded, not just geometrically, but philosophically, and I am supposed to care what comes out of Sarah’s mouth, Obama’s mouth, any sh*t stained mouth to make a difference. Every mortal soul who dies, or gets wounded in Afghanistan, Iraq, and now Libya, makes a huge impact, in my mind. They are humans, with mothers and fathers and in my opinion, the best of the best and I could give a “f” what nonsense portraying Islam as some peace-ful la-la movement Girls, gals, womenfolk, aren’t you all just willing to be below a dog, wear a burka, get your head lopped-off because someone else raped you??????????

betsyz on September 14, 2011 at 6:07 PM

Wonder how many Dear John letters POTUS will get now?

texasconserv on September 14, 2011 at 5:23 PM

There’s an opportunity for Iowahawk if I’ve ever seen one.

stvnscott on September 14, 2011 at 6:08 PM

BREAKING NEWS……

THIS would make Michelle proud!!!

(of course, it’s only voluntary, and just being done for the children and it’s all anonymous, and, and, and, it can’t lead to the state eventually TELLING PARENTS what they can feed their children….

…and, and, and, it would NEVER EVER EVER lead to the state taking away custody of the child because the parents wouldn’t cooperate with the state to reduce little Britneys’ BMI #……NO NO NO….it would never happen.)

PappyD61 on September 14, 2011 at 6:10 PM

He could have used this as a way to gather support… as in “I’m glad I have your support, let’s work together to….”. But, no, even when thrown such a softball, his instinctual response shows he’s only interested in what others will do for him.

Chitownmom on September 14, 2011 at 6:13 PM

Obviously he made this statement off the cuff. But let’s compare his remarks with another president that spoke off the cuff.

mauipundit on September 14, 2011 at 6:13 PM

He still thinks he is Christ.

This is clearly his own revised version of John 14:15 where Jesus says “If you love me, keep my commands.”

dczombie on September 14, 2011 at 4:25 PM

Exactly the first thing I thought. And I don’t believe he is stealing that line. He actually sees himself as the arbiter of all truth and knowledge and through his guidance, the world will be a better place. Better in the sense that he sits on his throne with his adoring subjects prostrated at his feet or singing his praises in a choir for eternity.

csdeven on September 14, 2011 at 6:18 PM

This poor man is mentally ill.

borntoraisehogs on September 14, 2011 at 6:19 PM

csdeven on September 14, 2011 at 6:18 PM

Lear. …They flatter’d me like a dog, and told me I had the white hairs in my beard ere the black ones were there. To say “ay” and “no” to everything that I said! “Ay” and “no” too was no good divinity. When the rain came to wet me once, and the wind to make me chatter; when the thunder would not peace at my bidding; there I found ’em, there I smelt ’em out. Go to, they are not men o’ their words: they told me I was everything; ’tis a lie, I am not ague-proof.

King Lear, Act IV, sc. vi.

Mary in LA on September 14, 2011 at 6:26 PM

Soros must be so proud.

Speakup on September 14, 2011 at 6:32 PM

Gulp, me too! Up to about 10 pm Nov. 2, 2008, I dismissed polls showing Zero ahead because I just couldn’t fathom anyone, anyone! supporting this asshat.

SoldiersMom on September 14, 2011 at 6:40 PM

He’s responding to a guy in the audience who screamed “I love you, Barack!”

Scary. Makes one wonder about all the cult of personality Obamabots that would gladly do their Leader’s bidding, whatever that may be.

infidel4life on September 14, 2011 at 6:42 PM

Obama’s problem is that he’s spent most of his life getting what he wants by smiling and acting like he likes people.

Next thing you know, he’ll try crossing his arms and holding his breath.

Book on September 14, 2011 at 6:45 PM

You’re nervous over one poll, when the fundamentals all around you say The One is hamstrung next year? Good Lord, Allah.

Mayhem on September 14, 2011 at 6:48 PM

Do this for me.

GaltBlvnAtty on September 14, 2011 at 7:03 PM

SoldiersMom on September 14, 2011 at 6:40 PM

Well, back then, people were…stupid. That, and by that time, Obama had almost every major media outlet in his back pocket shilling for him. Even Reuters. Also…don’t discount the work of ACORN in all of this. They had a BIG hand,(s) helping him get elected. I’ve even heard they got dead people to rise, and vote for him.

capejasmine on September 14, 2011 at 7:09 PM

Amazing. I can not believe how self loving he has to be to use this comment, and then how idiotic to repeat it the way he does 3 times, and how unpresidential. It was like watching a pimp manipulate his stable for more cash.

AnotherOpinion on September 14, 2011 at 7:14 PM

“If you love me … ”

omg, is this guy ready for a bunker, or what?

hawkdriver on September 14, 2011 at 7:27 PM

Each time you do this, do this for the remembrance of me.

– the Obamessiah

GaltBlvnAtty on September 14, 2011 at 7:03 PM

FIFY!

/off to report myself to AttackWatch now

Mary in LA on September 14, 2011 at 7:30 PM

“I Love you MetroMan!!
I love you too, Random Citizen!!!”
quote from Megamind

txmomof6 on September 14, 2011 at 8:00 PM

Is this national emergency crisis scenario actually going to work on anybody? Seems the man has cried wolf one too many times.

lynncgb on September 14, 2011 at 8:03 PM

Its never pretty watching the flame out of an affirmative action, narcissist ……..it’s going to get a lot uglier, and I mean a lot uglier, before it is finally over with this misguided and bitter POS.

David in ATL on September 14, 2011 at 8:42 PM

Now its: “If you love me, you’ve got to help me pass this bill”

In a 14 months it’ll be: “If you love FREE BEER, you’ve got to VOTE FOR ME”

And then most of his remaining constituents will be too inebriated to get to the polls.

Or stay awake.

ajacksonian on September 14, 2011 at 8:43 PM

Mary in LA on September 14, 2011 at 7:30
Yes, you did. I remembered the substance, but not the form.

GaltBlvnAtty on September 14, 2011 at 8:57 PM

You’ve got to be kidding! Did he really say that? Sanity check time! His, not mine!

GFW on September 14, 2011 at 9:10 PM

Dude, you’re always nervous. Show me the crosstabs.

BKeyser on September 14, 2011 at 9:19 PM

By the way, that poll of head=to=head matchups… here’s teh original data.

Check out who runs second best behind Romney… a certain distiguished doctor from South Texas.

JohnGalt23 on September 14, 2011 at 10:06 PM

Does he really believe the nonsense he’s preaching? He’ s nothing but a damn politician, not a family member or a great and admired American.

rplat on September 14, 2011 at 10:12 PM

Sorry Obummer, but don’t you have to submit a bill for us to pass?

jackal40 on September 14, 2011 at 10:16 PM

Did he follow up with a Patrick Swayze dance?
When he gets thrown out of office, he can audition for the next Evita movie. “You Must Love Me.”

lonestar1 on September 14, 2011 at 10:17 PM

I just heard teh Anointed One shrieking to a crowd of Hispanics to call your congressmen on a national basis to pass the bill.

1. No bill has been presented to the House by any democrat representative.

2. Do illegal aliens have congressmen? Perhaps in Calfornia…

3. He sounds as if he is really losing it.

Dhuka on September 14, 2011 at 10:20 PM

This should be an Obamateurism of the Day, and it should beat out the Attack Watch website. This is Obama directly, while the latter is a DNC underling.

AnotherOpinion on September 14, 2011 at 10:37 PM

Win one for the gypper…

Dhuka on September 14, 2011 at 10:47 PM

His sperm donor left him and his momma in the lurch. It shows.

SouthernGent on September 15, 2011 at 12:26 AM

This is too easy.

Boehner just needs to say to Reid: YOU FIRST. No action in the House until and unless it passes the Senate. Senate Republicans should vote against but not filibuster, make Reid pass it with Democratic votes, including many of the 23 up for reelection next year.

If the Democratic Senate won’t even pass his nonsense, who will Obama complain about?

Adjoran on September 15, 2011 at 12:32 AM

Obama.

When it absolutely, positively has to be demagogued overnight.

Coming soon – SAME DAY demagoguery !!
Visit AttackWatch.com, you miserable lemmings valued comrades my fellow great americans.

dissent555 on September 15, 2011 at 12:52 AM

Obama must be a Dudley Moore fan:

OxyCon on September 15, 2011 at 1:08 AM

I suspect he’s not gettin’ much love at home.

Dhuka on September 15, 2011 at 1:30 AM

I think we are at the point where the protagonist of the story says, to his multitudes:

Here comes Uncle Ernie to guide you to
Your very own machine.

Really Right on September 14, 2011 at 4:25 PM

LOL! Good one!

Who plays Keith Moon?

And, who’s going to convince Chewy to writhe around in the baked beans and suds?

cane_loader on September 15, 2011 at 2:07 AM

What are the symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder?

In many cases, people with narcissistic personality disorder:

Are self-centered and boastful
Seek constant attention and admiration
Consider themselves better than others
Exaggerate their talents and achievements
Believe that they are entitled to special treatment
Are easily hurt but might not show it
Might take advantage of others to achieve their goals

Other common traits of narcissistic personality disorder include the following:

Preoccupation with fantasies that focus on unlimited success, power, intelligence, beauty, or love
Belief that he or she is “special” and unique, and can only be understood by other special people
Expectation that others will automatically go along with what he or she wants
Inability to recognize or identify with the feelings, needs, and viewpoints of others
Envy of others or a belief that others are envious of him or her
Hypersensitivity to insults (real or imagined), criticism, or defeat, possibly reacting with rage, shame, and humiliation
Arrogant behavior and/or attitude

AcidReflux on September 15, 2011 at 7:08 AM

implosion on display.

ted c on September 15, 2011 at 7:16 AM

Well darn, I guess we might have to rethink that whole not-even-bothering-to-finish-the-primaries-let-alone-have-an-actual-campaign thing, then, huh?

Or to put it another way: does anyone seriously think the latest poll-of-the-minute on September 14th, 2011 is going to have any reflection whatsoever on the 2012 Presidential race?

Sorry for the snark, but I really don’t understand why anyone pays any attention to these things this far out.

Cylor on September 15, 2011 at 7:32 AM

Mary in LA on September 14, 2011 at 6:26 PM

It warms my heart to know that the wisdom and insight of The Bard is still shining the light of truth and insight to some fellow readers in contemporary America. I would challenge others to dig into Shakespeare and find untold insights and truth applicable today. Recently I spoke to a recent graduate Literature major and she had never heard of Shakespeare!She likes the poetry of modern America as presented in Rapp? Music!

Marco on September 15, 2011 at 7:45 AM

Sorry, Mr. President, but I don’t love you. I don’t even like you.

zoyclem on September 15, 2011 at 7:58 AM

You’re nervous about a Reuters poll? The poll that the Shepper dragged out on his show yesterday to say that BHO’s push for his bill is working because his numbers went from 45% to 47% approval? Ok…

crazywater on September 15, 2011 at 9:00 AM

Sally Field nearly invoked.

roy_batty on September 15, 2011 at 9:39 AM

Really, Allah? Scared of a Reuters/Ipsos poll? It doesn’t take much to scare you. Next thing you know, you’ll be scared of an MSNBC poll that has Obama ahead by 90%.

kscheuller on September 15, 2011 at 9:39 AM

Cylor on September 15, 2011 at 7:32 AM

I am waiting for the, “From this day on, the official language of San Marcos will be Swedish…..”, moment.

roy_batty on September 15, 2011 at 9:42 AM

My take.

kingsjester on September 15, 2011 at 9:56 AM

Reggie or Kal?

herm2416 on September 14, 2011 at 4:55 PM

Ohhh ZING.

RushBaby on September 15, 2011 at 10:01 AM

Wow, BO throws another test at the American people…that will only embarrass him.

jbh45 on September 15, 2011 at 10:22 AM

Do not love.

mchristian on September 15, 2011 at 10:46 AM

If you love me?!

He’s trying to act like Jesus, like a messiah. Disgusting.

Chessplayer on September 15, 2011 at 11:20 AM

Don’t buy it for a minute. Any Republican beats Obama next year. Daffy Duck beats Obama next year. He’s underwater even in blue states, and the presidential election is not a horse race.

pdigaudio on September 15, 2011 at 12:09 PM

Obama and his handlers have realized that he has a serious problem with campaigning on his record. The simple solution was to provide him with a campaign that pivoted and redirected his campaign away from his record. Obviously a lot of thought and talent, not usually found in his handlers, went into creating the new campaign that would place the blame on Congress, the Republicans and the Tea Party activist, or as he calls them, American terrorist and those that are just don’t like him.

The delay on releasing the bill had the intended consequence that people would set in their memories his rousing demand to pass his bi-partisan, already paid for bill. Of course true to his administration, the truth was not the same as the promised. When it was seen, it had nothing new that had not already been rejected. It was paid for with to be yet determined future cuts, and when that did not fly, the truth, the tax payer was going to pay for it out of their own pockets with new taxes (revenue) or as they like to call them, tax cuts. It is obvious that it was never intended to be passed.

Stage two to continue the program has yet to be released. In it they hope to corner the Republicans and lay the blame of the continued job crises on them, the Tea Party and those who oppose Obama, which they will determine from the Attack Watch snitch reports on unpatriotic comrades.

Franklyn on September 15, 2011 at 3:16 PM

Marco on September 15, 2011 at 7:45 AM

A literature major who had never heard of Shakespeare?!?!? Pardon me while I scream and bang my head against the wall!

Do you happen to remember which of our fine institutions of higher learning she graduated from? They should be sued for malpractice.

Mary in LA on September 16, 2011 at 2:35 PM