Big get: Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval endorses Perry

posted at 9:34 pm on September 13, 2011 by Allahpundit

Bigger than Jindal’s endorsement?

Our nation needs a leader in the White House who understands the role of government and our economy. Governor Rick Perry has the strongest record of job creation, fiscal discipline, and executive branch leadership among the presidential candidates. As a governor, Rick Perry created a tremendous blueprint for job creation and as President, I know he will get America working again. I consider Governor Perry a friend and I am proud to endorse his campaign for President.

Not a huge surprise as he and Perry have an advisor in common and know each other through the RGA, but surprising enough insofar as Nevada’s supposed to be one of Romney’s two early-state strongholds. An endorsement this early from a popular governor — his approval rating as of mid-July was 53/29 — is a shot across Mitt’s bow that he should expect the state to be contested vigorously. And like Jindal’s endorsement, it’s a boost of confidence for Perry after the beating he’s taken over Social Security. (According to PPP’s latest, he’s lost five points to Obama in a hypothetical match-up in just three weeks.) The more conservative big shots he can get on his side, the more the Overton window on entitlements moves in the primary.

One other footnote: Along with Rubio and Susana Martinez, Sandoval’s part of the GOP’s new generation of Latino stars. That may not mean much in the primary, but Obama does look vulnerable among Latinos in the general. Remember this Gallup poll from last week? He’s lost 27 points among the demographic since Inauguration Day and is now below the water line with 48 percent approval. McCain’s years of amnesty shilling did nothing for him last election so I’m not getting my hopes up this time, but if there’s a candidate in the field who might be able to threaten Obama among Latino voters, it’s Perry. And the early Sandoval endorsement can only help.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Okay, I’ll play. Name three people who will endorse Palin if she runs.

sherry on September 13, 2011 at 10:21 PM

promachus, unseen and dddrtin

catmman on September 13, 2011 at 10:24 PM

Allahpundit on September 13, 2011 at 9:49 PM

Start a support group with Ace.

portlandon on September 13, 2011 at 10:24 PM

Yeah and with 2 more electoral votes than Rhode Island, it’s a must win!
whatcat on September 13, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Is Palin running?
CW on September 13, 2011 at 10:15 PM

Oooh, time for another “STRAWMAN ALERT”!
(Sorry, though the lass apparently lives in your head rent-free, I made no mention of her.)

But to help you along; I was merely pointing out that to think this is – as Biden would say – a “B.F.D!!!” is high hilarity. It’s only an inept damage control attempt after Perry’s awful showing in last night’s debate.

whatcat on September 13, 2011 at 10:25 PM

I predict that McCain will NOT endorse Palin. He may be a war hero, but in regular life he is hobbled by his ego.

disa on September 13, 2011 at 10:20 PM

Even I don’t think he’d endorse her but jesus, I was using a hypothetical argument.

promachus on September 13, 2011 at 10:25 PM

Okay, I’ll play. Name three people who will endorse Palin if she runs.

sherry on September 13, 2011 at 10:21 PM

Did you miss where I said I doubt anyone connected to the politcal class will endorse her? Maybe some of those 60+ candidates she helped get elected in 2010. Most will abandon her as they sell their souls to the politics of the status quo.

Perry will be seen as the establishment candidiate as all of the politcal class align behind him and Mitt. Palin will be the outsider anti-establishment. Kind of hard to run as an anti-establishment candidate if you have the establishment endorsing you.

unseen on September 13, 2011 at 10:27 PM

Okay, I’ll play. Name three people who will endorse Palin if she runs.

sherry on September 13, 2011 at 10:21 PM

Politicians? I can’t name one. And I don’t think that will hurt her a bit incidentally. “Hey, let’s jump on the bandwagon!” types aren’t exactly her core constituency.

Kataklysmic on September 13, 2011 at 10:28 PM

promachus, unseen and dddrtin

catmman on September 13, 2011 at 10:24 PM

Ha! White House – here she comes.

sherry on September 13, 2011 at 10:28 PM

To all SP supporters, Like SP really I do. But could perhaps discuss the thread topic for a change and not make every freaking about her?

At certain point your zealousness becomes a turn off to A) further discussion with you, and..2) by your manic defense of her and hijacking of EVERY FREAKING THREAD, by reflection of her!

Enough already! AP has a point, there is no shortage of SP sites ther are those of us who would wish a more broad ranged site for discussion.

Really,……pllllleeeeeease!

Archimedes on September 13, 2011 at 10:28 PM

I think Perry has to ignore the sniping and focus on Obama in the next debate. Compare himself to him at every chance. Rise above it all.
gophergirl on September 13, 2011 at 10:23 PM

I’m not sure he can reasonably deflect or ignore the questions, it would look evasive. Same as with any other candidate when they avoid answering a direct question – it comes off as weaselly.

whatcat on September 13, 2011 at 10:31 PM

Don’t underestimate what this means.

Just my take.

cs89 on September 13, 2011 at 10:23 PM

maybe. like I said it could be important in the NV primary. My money is going with the mormons voting from Mitt regardless. Like they voted for Reid.

unseen on September 13, 2011 at 10:31 PM

So, is Palin actually going to start running in October, November. Even she said she’s sick of not making up her mind. These are critical debates; if she were any type of fighter, she’d be in the ring with everyone else.

IR-MN on September 13, 2011 at 10:31 PM

I know who Martinez is… I remember that Romney endorsed her AFTER she won.

Sandoval… I don’t recall the name tbh.

powerpro on September 13, 2011 at 10:32 PM

Check the vomitus in this compare/contrast of Perry and Obama:

Do these two writers specialize in vacuous cliches or what?

onlineanalyst on September 13, 2011 at 10:33 PM

IR-MN on September 13, 2011 at 10:31 PM

If she were any type of fighter?

Oh please spare me. Her record is all fighter.

While all the others are burning through their money, she’s biding her time. The fact that her timing is not to your liking is your problem, not hers.

powerpro on September 13, 2011 at 10:33 PM

unseen on September 13, 2011 at 10:31 PM

They are usually big on family value issues, taking a socially conservative view. The Gardasil issue may figure large.

whatcat on September 13, 2011 at 10:34 PM

IR-MN on September 13, 2011 at 10:31 PM

Palin will only get in if Perry flames out.

Anton on September 13, 2011 at 10:34 PM

IR-MN on September 13, 2011 at 10:31 PM

a fighter doesnt quit….

chasdal on September 13, 2011 at 10:34 PM

99.9% of people outside NV never heard of the guy and about 50% of those in NV never heard of him.

unseen on September 13, 2011 at 10:06 PM

You didn’t read APs note, unless you did and your math is weak tonight.

It’s also incredible ignorance to not realize the significance of Brian Sandoval’s success in becoming NV’s R governor, his superb ratings, R credentials.

Your “Who” is also very insulting. The right has such a good man any you berate him.

sheryl is right; if he’d backed SP you’d laud him/her into the heavens.

Sad

Schadenfreude on September 13, 2011 at 10:34 PM

powerpro on September 13, 2011 at 10:33 PM

like the time she fought to get taht law in alaska changed that allows ridiculously frivolous ethics complaints. oh, wait….

chasdal on September 13, 2011 at 10:35 PM

unseen on September 13, 2011 at 10:27 PM

If and when she gets in, it’s nice to imagine that her raw campaign strategy will defy all odds and catapult her into the WH. In the real world, it’s kind of hard to win when the only endorsements you get are freshman reps from down state districts. You may think it’s refreshing to not be supported by politicians with stature. I can guarantee you this – she’s a politician and she knows it’s not good.

sherry on September 13, 2011 at 10:35 PM

thats the kinda post i love the most!! enlighten us since you have super duper secret inside info! she wont get elected running against the party. but then she wont get elected running with the party. well, first she has to actually enter the race,

chasdal on September 13, 2011 at 10:23 PM

No super secert information. Simply understanding how she ran in AK against the GOP and listening to her words. And understanding how Reagan ran in 1979 and 1980.

Anyone that things the cronies in DC are loved or those that used their positions to further their nest eggs are respected are in for a shock.

unseen on September 13, 2011 at 10:36 PM

a fighter doesnt quit….

chasdal on September 13, 2011 at 10:34 PM

Sure they do if they need to reposition themselves so they can get a better shot.

powerpro on September 13, 2011 at 10:37 PM

THE Brian Sandoval?!

Ted Torgerson on September 13, 2011 at 10:37 PM

whatcat on September 13, 2011 at 10:31 PM

Oh I don’t want him to ignore the questions but take the openings when he can if that makes sense.

Never hurts to keep reminding people that we must get the socialist marxist pig out of the WH.

gophergirl on September 13, 2011 at 10:37 PM

chasdal on September 13, 2011 at 10:35 PM

Yes. Oh wait. She did fight it. But the provision wasn’t overturned until after she left office.

LOL Fool.

powerpro on September 13, 2011 at 10:38 PM

Really,……pllllleeeeeease!

Archimedes on September 13, 2011 at 10:28 PM

Really you can post about anything in this topic about what’s his name endorseing what’s his name and you instead post about SP. Doctor heal thyself.

unseen on September 13, 2011 at 10:39 PM

Okay, I’ll play. Name three people who will endorse Palin if she runs.

sherry on September 13, 2011 at 10:21 PM

Nikki Haley, John McCain and DeMint

Schadenfreude on September 13, 2011 at 10:39 PM

gophergirl on September 13, 2011 at 10:37 PM

which is why IMO Newt has handily won every debate.

Anton on September 13, 2011 at 10:39 PM

Why is Palin in this thread?

Schadenfreude on September 13, 2011 at 10:40 PM

Unseen and his weird preoccupation with Palin is taking a major hit tonight. The Nistas are becoming more and more unhinged as their savior makes them wait for her word. Really.Pathetic.

CW on September 13, 2011 at 10:41 PM

IR-MN on September 13, 2011 at 10:31 PM

Actually there might be some advantage in doing so – the other remaining candidates will be pretty bloodied by then. Like playing rope-a-dope without having to take unnecessary hits.

A late entry in the race doesn’t bother me much, Reagan waited til November 1979 to jump in. I know the campaign landscape has changed since then, but the basic principle is the same.

whatcat on September 13, 2011 at 10:42 PM

whatcat on September 13, 2011 at 10:34 PM

For me personally there are only two things about the Gardasil issue that bother me. 1. I don’t dig the idea of a mandate. I cringe at any kind of government mandate…so when one comes along, it better be absolutely justified. Was it done the right way and for the right reasons? I hate executive orders even though I know they’re sometimes necessary. 2. Was there any kind of pay to play here? Was there any kind of lobbying done by insiders etc? That’s what Bachmann was talking about last night. If there’s a concrete tie in, that would be a problem.

But my issues with Perry are La Raza/ACORN related, really. So this just kinda adds to the pile of things I take issue with.

powerpro on September 13, 2011 at 10:42 PM

Why is Palin in this thread?

Schadenfreude on September 13, 2011 at 10:40 PM

Palin fans getting nervous?

terryannonline on September 13, 2011 at 10:43 PM

Why is Palin in this thread?

Schadenfreude on September 13, 2011 at 10:40 PM

Charming that you tucked it away in post about something else. If it was Palin and a bogus poll about 7o% tea party not wanting her to run, it gets a post of its own. Even though the said poll is conducted by one of Perry’s egg heads. Which naturally you forget to mention. And then you cry crow about Palinsitas persecuting you. Ah, the vicious demands of fairness!

promachus on September 13, 2011 at 9:38 PM

Big get: Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval endorses Perry

POSTED AT 9:34 PM ON SEPTEMBER 13, 2011 BY ALLAHPUNDIT

Blame it on the nutters.

CW on September 13, 2011 at 10:43 PM

Nikki Haley, John McCain and DeMint

Schadenfreude on September 13, 2011 at 10:39 PM

I wouldn’t rule out Branstead, Ayyotte and Martinez.

Still, I don’t want to count on any endorsements because many people are afraid of going against the establishment.

promachus on September 13, 2011 at 10:44 PM

whatcat on September 13, 2011 at 10:31 PM

gophergirl on September 13, 2011 at 10:37 PM

I see what you mean, it’s always better to be on the offense than having to play defense throughout.

whatcat on September 13, 2011 at 10:45 PM

gophergirl on September 13, 2011 at 10:23 PM

Too true, and Newt has said as much.

But 1st RP has to put Mittens down for the count, and he’ been trying for sooooooo loooonnnng, and spending soooooo much of his $ to this end, that he will not go quietly into that good night. And he has the Bushies to their Corleone act vs Perry, everyday he lets slip by that does not narrow the feild gives them freer reign to wreak havoc.

MB resurrected herself a bit with a (I felt, despite Rush) a good showing, but she’s too far back and is probably unelectable in the general. Romney is really the only viable primary threat amongst the announced, and anyone who enters now does us no favors by prolonging things, and Perry has to gear up for the battle ahead, so he has to find something to kneecap Romney ASAP.

Archimedes on September 13, 2011 at 10:46 PM

whatcat on September 13, 2011 at 10:34 PM

I think they might not like it. The illegal immigration is also a big deal as well as his crony capitalism ties.

Newt and Bachmann seem to thing they are issues that will hurt Perry. Mitt I don’t think can attack him on that issue. And newt doesn’t care his record while having some cronyism in it is nothing compared to Haster’s and Pelosi’s Compared to them Newt ran an ethical house.

unseen on September 13, 2011 at 10:48 PM

Nikki Haley, John McCain and DeMint

Schadenfreude on September 13, 2011 at 10:39 PM

John McCain’s endorsing Huntsman. DeMint likes Perry more than he likes Palin. Haley – probably.

KingGold on September 13, 2011 at 10:48 PM

Why is Palin in this thread?
Schadenfreude on September 13, 2011 at 10:40 PM

Beats me. I commented that I didn’t see this endorsement as a big deal – then somebody came back with an angry remark about her to me in response, even though I had not mentioned Palin at all. Odd stuff.

whatcat on September 13, 2011 at 10:49 PM

unseen on September 13, 2011 at 10:39 PM

I see your point, so noted. I just really get bored of wading through SP backers hijacking every thread to follow the convo at hand.

I’ll cease and desist forthwith.

Archimedes on September 13, 2011 at 10:51 PM

CW on September 13, 2011 at 10:41 PM

sorry but I didn’t bring her up. You antipalin people look at how every action means Palin can’t win. you really do have her on your mind.

unseen on September 13, 2011 at 10:51 PM

I’ll cease and desist forthwith.

Archimedes on September 13, 2011 at 10:51 PM

I get bored of listening to the perrykrishnas. it’s just something we have to learn to overcome I guess.

unseen on September 13, 2011 at 10:53 PM

both of them trolling for the VEEP spot.

I don’t believe FOR A FREEGIN MINUTE that Perry is ANTI-Establishment. This is all just a game.

You think someone like Rick Perry raises $30 million for a re-elect campaign in the 2nd largest state in the Country and has been Governor for 10 years and the Establishment is agin him?

Pah-leese.

PappyD61 on September 13, 2011 at 10:55 PM

Pah-leese.

PappyD61 on September 13, 2011 at 10:55 PM

I would say he can be seen as an establishment outsider. but not an antiestablishment figure in any way.

Basically Perry offers people an oppurtunity to change up the uniforms not to change the game.

unseen on September 13, 2011 at 10:58 PM

powerpro on September 13, 2011 at 10:42 PM

Rick Skerry is actually latino/muslim and known as “el uno” amongst the La Razians.

Notice how all his endorsements are kinda swarthy and have strange last names?

windansea on September 13, 2011 at 10:58 PM

Okay, I’ll play. Name three people who will endorse Palin if she runs.

sherry on September 13, 2011 at 10:21 PM

promachus, unseen and dddrtin

catmman on September 13, 2011 at 10:24 PM

Yeah, we’re grassroots.

ddrintn on September 13, 2011 at 11:00 PM

PappyD61 on September 13, 2011 at 10:55 PM

The ROve ganag is against him but that doesn’t mean he’s anti-establishment.

promachus on September 13, 2011 at 11:00 PM

Palin fans getting nervous?

terryannonline on September 13, 2011 at 10:43 PM

About what? It seems to me that it’s the Perry fanatics who have the constant pucker factor going.

ddrintn on September 13, 2011 at 11:02 PM

unseen on September 13, 2011 at 10:53 PM

As I stated with my opening comment, RP is not my dream candidte. However, I feel he has the best shot to take the Oval. So at this point I’m throwing in with him to oust the commie in chief.

Take note that this thread is supposed to be about the endorsing of Perry. There is also a Thread about TPaw endorsing Mittens. When SP gets in we can talk about her endorsements.

If she doesn’t throw her hat in after all, just what the he!! are you accomplishing?

Archimedes on September 13, 2011 at 11:03 PM

Well maybe Perry can send Sandoval in to pitch hit for him in the debates because Perry should never, ever stand on the same stage with Obama.

Perry will get crushed by Obama.

People aren’t going to care who Sandoval is when Perry can’t handle tough questions from the media.

And anyone who isn’t wearing beer goggles while watching Perry knows that fact.

When you can’t even handle Michelle Bachmann, in an arena filled to the brim with “your TP people” you’re not ready for the big leagues.

Then to top it off, to have someone who everyone thinks might endorse you, broaden your HPV answer to the much larger fundamental problem of crony capitalism rip you on a very popular conservative network you’re campaign is in trouble.

I wouldn’t be surprised if his campaign was begging this guy to announce today so they could try to change the subject. It’s what a competent campaign would do but really Perry should of been on every TV show today defending himself to try and erase his poor performance last night.

sheryl on September 13, 2011 at 11:04 PM

Archimedes on September 13, 2011 at 11:03 PM

The polls disagree. Your best shot is Romney.

ddrintn on September 13, 2011 at 11:05 PM

… about 50% of those in NV never heard of him.

unseen on September 13, 2011 at 10:06 PM

Says the guys who doesn’t live here. Please substsantiste your claim with a link.

Oh, thats right, you can’t.

gaius on September 13, 2011 at 11:05 PM

The polls disagree. Your best shot is Romney.

ddrintn on September 13, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Did you mean the polls or the Pols, the polls still have RP in the best position.

Archimedes on September 13, 2011 at 11:07 PM

Perry will get crushed by Obama.

How utterly ridculous. Obama is done without a TelePrompter. He may not have performed A+ last night, but Perry will kick ass one on one with Obama.

“It’s the economy, stupid.”

gaius on September 13, 2011 at 11:09 PM

And if Palin jumps in and she’s as big of a blockbuster as you think, we’ll do plenty of posts about that too.

LOL…”Palin has taken the lead in the polls, but I can’t help agreeing with Ace that this is a temporary blip and that Rick Perry will continue to hold his permanent place in the hearts and minds of the base and independents and moderates…so it’s still essentially a two-man race…”

I love how the biggest shills for a single candidate are always the ones to lecture me on fairness in the comments. If you ran this site for a day, most of the posts would be along the lines of, “Bigger genius: Palin or Einstein?” If you want a site that’s “fair” according to your standard of fairness, you should stick to Conservatives4Palin.

Allahpundit on September 13, 2011 at 9:44 PM

Come on now. This place lately is to Rick Perry as C4P is to Palin.

ddrintn on September 13, 2011 at 11:13 PM

“Reagan waited until November to run.”
“Reagan waited until November to run.”
“Reagan waited until November to run.”

Surely a HotAir historian can answer me this: how many Republican debates did Reagan purposely miss doing that?

5?
4?
3?
2?
1?
ZERO?

Times were different, kids. I vote “zero”. Prove me wrong.

Marcus on September 13, 2011 at 11:14 PM

Notice how all his endorsements are kinda swarthy and have strange last names?

windansea on September 13, 2011 at 10:58 PM

That isn’t what I was implying and you know it.

You’re as bad as a lib with a line like that.

Shame on you.

powerpro on September 13, 2011 at 11:14 PM

Archimedes on September 13, 2011 at 11:03 PM

Well if you want to jump on a bandwagon be my guess. I think Perry stands a good chance of losing to Obama. he has serious flaws and i would rather have these points debated now than in the general. As far as this endorsement goes. like i have been pointing out the vast majority of people have no idea who he is and pretending like its a big deal just makes people look funny.

unseen on September 13, 2011 at 11:14 PM

Archimedes on September 13, 2011 at 11:07 PM

Against Obama? I think Romney is still doing better. At one point Giuliani was doing best of all, so you might pray that he jumps in if electability is your particular fetish.

ddrintn on September 13, 2011 at 11:16 PM

Oh, thats right, you can’t.

gaius on September 13, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Oh get off it. 50% of the people don’t even vote. You ask 100 people who their gov is and you might get 50% who know or give a damn.

unseen on September 13, 2011 at 11:17 PM

Oh by the way, windandsea.

I won’t forget that you labeled me a racist because I don’t support Perry.

powerpro on September 13, 2011 at 11:18 PM

5?
4?
3?
2?
1?
ZERO?

Times were different, kids. I vote “zero”. Prove me wrong.

Marcus on September 13, 2011 at 11:14 PM

I dunno. Do you? Did they hold these circuses that early back then?

ddrintn on September 13, 2011 at 11:18 PM

Well this wasn’t tough:

Type Debate
Title First Republican Presidential Primary Debate
Start Date/Time January 06, 1980 07:30pm
End Date/Time January 06, 1980 09:00pm
Contributor Chronicler
Last Modified Chronicler – May 09, 2009 09:30pm
Description Overview
The first Republican presidential debate of 1980 was held in Iowa. Gov. Reagan, who was leading in the polls, chose to bypass the debate. Five of nine challengers participated: Bush, Anderson, Crane, Dole, and Connally. The debaters openly criticized Reagan for taking the state caucus for granted, which set the stage for a victory by George H.W. Bush. This was the first Republican primary debate since 1948.

That took me all of 5 seconds.

powerpro on September 13, 2011 at 11:20 PM

unseen on September 13, 2011 at 11:17 PM

Let me know when you find that link, Cowboy.

gaius on September 13, 2011 at 11:20 PM

They don’t want to face the fact that Palin can’t win. When you have CONSERVATIVES like Ann Coulter and Erik Erickson saying Palin can’t win …. it’s over.

terryannonline on September 13, 2011 at 9:57 PM

I’m a Perry fan, and also like Palin, but I am really tiring of this game of “tease” she has been playing with the voters. It’s getting old, fast, and her biggest fans on this site are getting hostile and grating on my nerves, not to mention hijacking every thread and turning them into Palin blogs.

BTW – Ann Coulter was critical of Perry today also.

Susanboo on September 13, 2011 at 11:20 PM

That took me all of 5 seconds.

powerpro on September 13, 2011 at 11:20 PM

ROFL…Marcus gets pounded. Next time you want to go with a gotcha, Marcus, make sure it’s a gotcha.

ddrintn on September 13, 2011 at 11:21 PM

Oh by the way, windandsea.

I won’t forget that you labeled me a racist because I don’t support Perry.

powerpro on September 13, 2011 at 11:18 PM

I’d challenge windandsea to a duel, pronto.

Schadenfreude on September 13, 2011 at 11:21 PM

The polls disagree. Your best shot is Romney.

ddrintn on September 13, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Archimedes on September 13, 2011 at 11:07 PM

No, ddrintn is correct. Real Clear Politics’ President Obama vs. Republican Candidates

whatcat on September 13, 2011 at 11:22 PM

Marcus on September 13, 2011 at 11:14 PM

Former Governor Ronald Reagan was the early odds-on favorite to win his party’s nomination for president after nearly beating incumbent President Gerald Ford just four years earlier. He was so far ahead in the polls that campaign director John Sears decided on an “above the fray” strategy. He did not attend many of the multicandidate forums and straw poll events held in the summer and fall of 1979.

From wiki

I guess the difference here, Reagan to Palin, is that Reagan was ahead in the polls, Palin is 3rd? I think?

El_Terrible on September 13, 2011 at 11:23 PM

BTW – Ann Coulter was critical of Perry today also.

Susanboo on September 13, 2011 at 11:20 PM

Palin isn’t teasing anything.

The media has. And some supporters who keep foisting their ideas on Palin as to when she should announce.

And then of course it’s her fault when she doesn’t do something at a time she never committed to doing it in the first place.

powerpro on September 13, 2011 at 11:24 PM

powerpro on September 13, 2011 at 11:24 PM

Well what’s weird is that we’re told over and over that she’ll have no effect at all on the race — she’ll be tucked in somewhere between Bachmann and Gingrich — yet the anti-Palins are all discombobulated over when and if she’s ever getting in and going insane with some “tease”.

ddrintn on September 13, 2011 at 11:27 PM

ddrintn on September 13, 2011 at 11:27 PM

Logic isn’t their friend. lol

powerpro on September 13, 2011 at 11:30 PM

Screw Palin. Why is every thread hijacked by supporters of someone who hasn’t even announced?

gaius on September 13, 2011 at 11:30 PM

gaius on September 13, 2011 at 11:30 PM

Well don’t let us disturb your paeans to Perry. Please continue.

ddrintn on September 13, 2011 at 11:31 PM

Just staying on topic, perhaps you should try that yourself sometime…. I know discussing people who actually have the cojones to throw their hat in the ring is a strange concept but some of us want a new president.

gaius on September 13, 2011 at 11:39 PM

gaius on September 13, 2011 at 11:39 PM

Why do people refer to strategic timing as a sign of cowardice?

Was Perry a coward because he waited until the straw poll to throw in? Of course not.

This new line of attack is bizarre, especially given Palin’s consistent record as a roll-her-sleeves-up/git ‘er done fighter.

powerpro on September 13, 2011 at 11:41 PM

Come on now. This place lately is to Rick Perry as C4P is to Palin.

ddrintn on September 13, 2011 at 11:13 PM

get some help bro

show us the last post critical of Palin at C4P

flag!!!!! bwahahahaahaa

windansea on September 13, 2011 at 11:42 PM

Let me know when you find that link, Cowboy.

gaius on September 13, 2011 at 11:20 PM

what link? the numbers are the numbers. about 50-60% of people eligible to vote actually you know vote. And out of those that vote the winner gets about 50-55% of those. thus only about 25-30% of the population votes for the winner.
Primaries are even less than that.

the majority of people don’t know crap about their leaders. The “links” are all over the web maybe you should educate yourself?

Out of 310 million people only 129.5 million voted in 2008 about 45% of the population. If you take away the people under 18 and you still have about
240 million elgible to vote. or about 54% of the eligible to vote who voted in 2008

the sad truth is not many people know nor care who got elected esp at state and local levels and these games played by the politcal class are menaingless unless they can touch the people.

unseen on September 13, 2011 at 11:44 PM

Good.

Y-not on September 13, 2011 at 11:46 PM

get some help bro

show us the last post critical of Palin at C4P

flag!!!!! bwahahahaahaa

windansea on September 13, 2011 at 11:42 PM

I’m waiting for your apology, windansea.

Now would be the right time.

powerpro on September 13, 2011 at 11:47 PM

El_Terrible on September 13, 2011 at 11:23 PM

When Reagan declared in November, he had NOT MISSED ANY debates. He apparently was “so-so” at the 1st, and the 2nd was “I paid for this microphone!”. The point is back then he was no later declaring than anyone else by waiting until November and Palin’s missing out 5 consecutive debates is NOT “well Reagan…….”.

Marcus on September 13, 2011 at 11:47 PM

gaius on September 13, 2011 at 11:30 PM

kind of the $64,000 question isn’t it. I mean you don’t see say Cain supporters or Bachmann supporters on every thread. Maybe Palin’s support is greater than what people are being told? You do see Perry, Palin and Mitt supporters on every thread battling it out. which pretty much tells you the true leaders for the nomination.

unseen on September 13, 2011 at 11:48 PM

powerpro on September 13, 2011 at 11:41 PM

Let me know when she grows a pair. Until then, I’m going to focus on the people who have announced and are out there everyday trying to replace His Majesty.

gaius on September 13, 2011 at 11:49 PM

gaius on September 13, 2011 at 11:49 PM

So again… you equate strategic timing with cowardice?

So…you’re saying that Perry was a coward before he threw his hat into the ring?

Or does the announcement timing strategy = cowardice only apply to Palin?

powerpro on September 13, 2011 at 11:51 PM

gaius on September 13, 2011 at 11:49 PM

shouldn’t Perry be fighting those wildfires?

unseen on September 13, 2011 at 11:54 PM

unseen on September 13, 2011 at 11:44 PM

Fair enough. I just disagree that half the state doesn’t know who Sandoval is. I live here and he’s a pretty popular Governor. His endorsement will carry great weight locally, and Nevada is going to be a critical swing state again in 2012.

gaius on September 13, 2011 at 11:54 PM

shouldn’t Perry be fighting those wildfires?

How trite. Let me guess, are you one of those kids who takes their ball and goes home when your candidate (or wanna be candidate in this case) doesn’t win the nomination?

gaius on September 13, 2011 at 11:57 PM

gaius on September 13, 2011 at 11:54 PM

are you saying the GOP gov of NV will not endorse the GOP nominee in 2012? i have already said it might matter in the primary in NV but on a national level the jindal endorsement is a bigger get.

unseen on September 14, 2011 at 12:00 AM

shouldn’t Perry be fighting those wildfires?

Shouldn’t Palin be finishing her term in Alaska? I guess greta and reality TV was too hard to resist.

gaius on September 14, 2011 at 12:04 AM

Palin will only get in if Perry flames out.

Anton on September 13, 2011 at 10:34 PM

Yep. That’s the reason she’s waiting. (And, I don’t think that will happen.)

kg598301 on September 14, 2011 at 12:06 AM

unseen on September 14, 2011 at 12:00 AM

Given the significance of Nevada in 2008, I would suggest that most political observers would strongly disagree. It’s an electoral college game, remember?

gaius on September 14, 2011 at 12:06 AM

unseen on September 14, 2011 at 12:00 AM

And are you suggesting Jindal won’t endorse the GOP nominee in 2012? same difference.

gaius on September 14, 2011 at 12:10 AM

gaius on September 14, 2011 at 12:06 AM

and if Mitt or Palin is the nominee the NV gov will be endorsing them in the general. so you comment about this endorsement being a big deal for 2012 makes no sense whatsoever. It might get Perry some votes in the primary I think Mitt still pulls it out in NV but as far as the general election his endorsement of Perry in Sept of 2011 means nothing.

unseen on September 14, 2011 at 12:13 AM

gaius on September 14, 2011 at 12:06 AM

Huh? It was a 365 to 173 blowout for Obama. Five electoral votes really didn’t matter very much.

whatcat on September 14, 2011 at 12:16 AM

gaius on September 14, 2011 at 12:10 AM

no I’m saying from a fundraising and national exposure the indal endorsement means more in the primaries. Both really don’t mean crap in the grand scheme of things. Allah’s post makes it seem this endorsement means more than Jindals which I find really hard to believe since 99% of the people never heard of this guy. Jindal has more name rec and will give Perry more help. As far as the general election its all a new ball game.

unseen on September 14, 2011 at 12:17 AM

Yep. That’s the reason she’s waiting. (And, I don’t think that will happen.)

kg598301 on September 14, 2011 at 12:06 AM

I don’t agree.

powerpro on September 14, 2011 at 12:24 AM

NV and NY went R.

Debbie Wasserman-Schultz lies through her teeth “difficult district” after they held it since 1922.

Water is wet. Liberals lie.

Schadenfreude on September 14, 2011 at 1:31 AM

promachus on September 13, 2011 at 9:48 PM

Just do us all a favor and ban the guy. He gives Palin fans a bad name and does nothing but start fights. Sometimes you just need to throw the drunk out of the bar.

Daemonocracy on September 14, 2011 at 1:40 AM

unseen on September 14, 2011 at 12:17 AM

As Governor of Nevada he can give Perry the key to his in state organizational apparatus which is why endorsements from Governors are so coveted. Nevada is an early Caucus state and a victory there would be a boost for Perry in terms of gaining momentum for his campaign or blunting momentum from a rival campaign.

Daemonocracy on September 14, 2011 at 1:44 AM