Big get: Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval endorses Perry

posted at 9:34 pm on September 13, 2011 by Allahpundit

Bigger than Jindal’s endorsement?

Our nation needs a leader in the White House who understands the role of government and our economy. Governor Rick Perry has the strongest record of job creation, fiscal discipline, and executive branch leadership among the presidential candidates. As a governor, Rick Perry created a tremendous blueprint for job creation and as President, I know he will get America working again. I consider Governor Perry a friend and I am proud to endorse his campaign for President.

Not a huge surprise as he and Perry have an advisor in common and know each other through the RGA, but surprising enough insofar as Nevada’s supposed to be one of Romney’s two early-state strongholds. An endorsement this early from a popular governor — his approval rating as of mid-July was 53/29 — is a shot across Mitt’s bow that he should expect the state to be contested vigorously. And like Jindal’s endorsement, it’s a boost of confidence for Perry after the beating he’s taken over Social Security. (According to PPP’s latest, he’s lost five points to Obama in a hypothetical match-up in just three weeks.) The more conservative big shots he can get on his side, the more the Overton window on entitlements moves in the primary.

One other footnote: Along with Rubio and Susana Martinez, Sandoval’s part of the GOP’s new generation of Latino stars. That may not mean much in the primary, but Obama does look vulnerable among Latinos in the general. Remember this Gallup poll from last week? He’s lost 27 points among the demographic since Inauguration Day and is now below the water line with 48 percent approval. McCain’s years of amnesty shilling did nothing for him last election so I’m not getting my hopes up this time, but if there’s a candidate in the field who might be able to threaten Obama among Latino voters, it’s Perry. And the early Sandoval endorsement can only help.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Big Panda endorses a Republican? Oh, wrong Sandoval.

rbj on September 13, 2011 at 9:37 PM

Charming that you tucked it away in post about something else. If it was Palin and a bogus poll about 7o% tea party not wanting her to run, it gets a post of its own. Even though the said poll is conducted by one of Perry’s egg heads. Which naturally you forget to mention. And then you cry crow about Palinsitas persecuting you. Ah, the vicious demands of fairness!

promachus on September 13, 2011 at 9:38 PM

A tsunami of endorsements is coming Perry’s way.
Mitt is gonna be jealous, stuck with T-Paw as he is.

honsy on September 13, 2011 at 9:39 PM

Conservative Latinos for Perry! Woohoo!

terryannonline on September 13, 2011 at 9:39 PM

Waiting to see which way Haley Barbour goes, now.

Wethal on September 13, 2011 at 9:40 PM

Prediction: Nikki Haley will endorse Palin.

SouthernGent on September 13, 2011 at 9:40 PM

Also very notable – Sandoval supported SB 1070. This is a big shore-up of Perry’s big hole on immigration.

KingGold on September 13, 2011 at 9:40 PM

But Perry makes girls get retarded.

John the Libertarian on September 13, 2011 at 9:41 PM

This is big. I lived in NV in 2008- voted for Fred! in the caucus, secure in the knowledge that Romney had the contest sewn up & McCain wouldn’t win the state & to get my preference reflected in the votes.

If Romney can’t win NV, he’s toast- primary or general.

cs89 on September 13, 2011 at 9:43 PM

Prediction: Nikki Haley will endorse Palin.

SouthernGent on September 13, 2011 at 9:40 PM

I am not so sure. She had tea party and Erick Erickson connections. She’ll probably go the Perry way.

promachus on September 13, 2011 at 9:43 PM

Prediction: Nikki Haley will endorse Palin.

SouthernGent on September 13, 2011 at 9:40 PM

I bet she doesn’t endorse at all.

gophergirl on September 13, 2011 at 9:43 PM

Ah, the vicious demands of fairness!

promachus on September 13, 2011 at 9:38 PM
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

A Nista commenting about complaints of unfairness. Rich. Very rich. You’re so laughable. You and your crew are an embarrassment.

CW on September 13, 2011 at 9:44 PM

Big Panda endorses a Republican? Oh, wrong Sandoval.

rbj on September 13, 2011 at 9:37 PM

Kung Fu Panda

darwin-t on September 13, 2011 at 9:44 PM

Perry/Rubio 2012!

terryannonline on September 13, 2011 at 9:44 PM

I tucked it away in a post about something else because more than one person has e-mailed me today challenging the sample. Rest assured, if Perry did as badly last night as I expect, there’ll be plenty of other polls in the next few days and weeks showing him falling back to earth. And if Palin jumps in and she’s as big of a blockbuster as you think, we’ll do plenty of posts about that too.

I love how the biggest shills for a single candidate are always the ones to lecture me on fairness in the comments. If you ran this site for a day, most of the posts would be along the lines of, “Bigger genius: Palin or Einstein?” If you want a site that’s “fair” according to your standard of fairness, you should stick to Conservatives4Palin.

Allahpundit on September 13, 2011 at 9:44 PM

KingGold on September 13, 2011 at 9:40 PM

Aha. So if a multiple term senator like Mccain endorses Palin, you will drop all the objections to her “quitting”?

promachus on September 13, 2011 at 9:44 PM

Of course, I ended up having to pull the lever for McCain in Nov. (grumble, grumble…)

but his Veep choice made that bitter pill go down a bit easier!

cs89 on September 13, 2011 at 9:44 PM

Wow, didn’t think that anyone would endorse him after that dismal performance at the last debate. Thought they would at least wait until the next one.

thphilli on September 13, 2011 at 9:45 PM

Allahpundit on September 13, 2011 at 9:44 PM

Defensive much?

cs89 on September 13, 2011 at 9:46 PM

Allahpundit on September 13, 2011 at 9:44 PM

So it takes you to fantasize about my hagiography to make you feel comfortable about your own fairness. BTW, you haven’t replied that you never mentioned that the polling firm was headed by one of Perry’s people. You didn’t get any emails about that? And most of the anti-Palin polls also have ludicrous samples( the last one had sampled around 50% of Democrats) but you cheerfully post them anyway.

promachus on September 13, 2011 at 9:47 PM

thphilli on September 13, 2011 at 9:45 PM

As compared to all the endorsements RuPaul has accumulated lately, eh?

honsy on September 13, 2011 at 9:47 PM

thphilli on September 13, 2011 at 9:45 PM

He’s bringing out this endrosement jsut now to deflect from yesterday’s performance and to change the topic. OF course, Allah Pundit is only too ready to comply.

promachus on September 13, 2011 at 9:48 PM

Defensive much?

cs89 on September 13, 2011 at 9:46 PM

Why yes, I am defensive much when a thread that has nothing to do with Palin gets hijacked for some patented Palinista whining. There are hundreds of sites on the web dedicated to complaining about the great galactic conspiracy to treat Sarah unfairly. This isn’t one of them.

Allahpundit on September 13, 2011 at 9:49 PM

Perry needs to hit Mitt hard on RomneyCare in the next debate!

terryannonline on September 13, 2011 at 9:49 PM

Good news!

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on September 13, 2011 at 9:50 PM

thphilli on September 13, 2011 at 9:45 PM

The Frank Lutz focus group LOVED Perry. But the stupid purists in the group can’t tolerate that the children of illegal aliens are trying to get an education, so they won’t vote for Perry.

John the Libertarian on September 13, 2011 at 9:50 PM

promachus on September 13, 2011 at 9:48 PM

OMG are you serious?

You need some help.

gophergirl on September 13, 2011 at 9:50 PM

I am convinced, the slow burn of empty Dem promises have tipped Latino’s slowly towards Reps.

And Dems can’t do anything about it.

There is a much deeper connection to actual ideology for Latinos – towards conservatives, than a liberal philosophy.

Family oriented, hard working people who gravitate towards religion.

Odie1941 on September 13, 2011 at 9:51 PM

terryannonline on September 13, 2011 at 9:49 PM

Agreed. He needs to go on the attack more next time against Perry and Bachmann. Lord knows they each have things to attack.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on September 13, 2011 at 9:51 PM

John the Libertarian on September 13, 2011 at 9:50 PM

Thanks for the info on Luntz’s group… was he on Hannity? I missed it.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on September 13, 2011 at 9:52 PM

John the Libertarian on September 13, 2011 at 9:50 PM

Of course no one will believe me on here but the people who aren’t HotAir junkies that I know thought he did just fine last night as well.

I even led them saying how disappointed I was that he didn’t do well and they looked at me like I was nuts.

Of course I am nuts most of the time :)

gophergirl on September 13, 2011 at 9:52 PM

Perry needs to hit Mitt hard on RomneyCare in the next debate!

terryannonline on September 13, 2011 at 9:49 PM

Yes he does. He also needs to keep pounding jobs, jobs, jobs. That’s his ace in the hole.

gophergirl on September 13, 2011 at 9:53 PM

You’re right. I should have ignored an endorsement in a key early state by the governor. Incidentally, you should coordinate with the C4P guys on who it is I’m allegedly shilling for. Last night they accused me of being in the tank for Bachmann.

I’m comfortable with my fairness, I’m uncomfortable with yours. And no, we didn’t get any e-mails about that. Incidentally, does this poll also count as having a ludicrous sample? I can’t help noticing that it’s not just the left-wing pollsters whose numbers aren’t so rosy for Palin.

Allahpundit on September 13, 2011 at 9:54 PM

Oh snap! I’m pondering….. would McCain endorse Palin?

El_Terrible on September 13, 2011 at 9:54 PM

terryannonline on September 13, 2011 at 9:49 PM

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on September 13, 2011 at 9:51 PM

Yep. The fact that the candidates haven’t gone after Romney is mind boggling. I’ve known for a while that Perry is not a good debater but if lay some hits over RomneyCare I think he can win.

terryannonline on September 13, 2011 at 9:54 PM

Being a RINO, McCain goes Romney? Or does Perry get the endorsement. I know the endorsement wouldn’t make any difference, but the thought just came to me.

El_Terrible on September 13, 2011 at 9:55 PM

darwin-t (on my TouchPad, cut and paste not easy) I bow to you, make it correct.

rbj on September 13, 2011 at 9:55 PM

Big Panda endorses a Republican? Oh, wrong Sandoval.

rbj on September 13, 2011 at 9:37 PM

Pablo would drop him.

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on September 13, 2011 at 9:55 PM

Allahpundit on September 13, 2011 at 9:54 PM

They don’t want to face the fact that Palin can’t win. When you have CONSERVATIVES like Ann Coulter and Erik Erickson saying Palin can’t win …. it’s over.

terryannonline on September 13, 2011 at 9:57 PM

promachus on September 13, 2011 at 9:44 PM

Nope. Nobody endorses a quitter’s quitting.

Besides, McCain’s going to back Huntsman.

KingGold on September 13, 2011 at 9:57 PM

I think the time has come for influential Senators to start endorsing Perry. I hope Thune begins this wave within a week.

honsy on September 13, 2011 at 9:57 PM

who?

unseen on September 13, 2011 at 9:59 PM

Allahpundit on September 13, 2011 at 9:44 PM

Palin would never join the illuminati, so she wins by default.

Wait, that was Isaac Newton.

SouthernGent on September 13, 2011 at 10:00 PM

terryannonline on September 13, 2011 at 9:49 PM

Agreed. He needs to go on the attack more next time against Perry Romney and Bachmann. Lord knows they each have things to attack.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on September 13, 2011 at 9:51 PM

Ack! I meant Romney, obviously. Sheesh.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on September 13, 2011 at 10:00 PM

gophergirl on September 13, 2011 at 9:52 PM

No one I know likes perry anyway, so i am kind of in the dark about what other people thought.

annoyinglittletwerp was at a watching party for the debate. Did she ever say what other reps thought?

cozmo on September 13, 2011 at 10:00 PM

rbj on September 13, 2011 at 9:55 PM

I only lurk when I’m on the phone

darwin-t on September 13, 2011 at 10:00 PM

I hope Perry steps up his game at the debates… maybe someone should give him some coffee or a red bull before the 2nd hour. I’ve noticed that he comes off strong the first hour, but he starts slowing down and searching for words in the second half.

El_Terrible on September 13, 2011 at 10:01 PM

This is big. It puts Nevada in play in the primaries. I figured that was a lock for Mittens thanks to the Mormon factor.

Doughboy on September 13, 2011 at 10:02 PM

who?

unseen on September 13, 2011 at 9:59 PM

Rising star in the GOP, new governor of Nevada. He’s one of two Latin GOP governors, the other being Susana Martinez of New Mexico.

El_Terrible on September 13, 2011 at 10:02 PM

KingGold on September 13, 2011 at 9:40 PM

only if Sandoval was running instead of Perry.

You think other people endorseing someone can expunge a candidate’s record?

ROFL

unseen on September 13, 2011 at 10:03 PM

who?

unseen on September 13, 2011 at 9:59 PM

Too funny. If Palin was in the race and IF this particular governor endorsed her, you would trot out his stats ranging from his elementary school grades to what he ate for dinner last night.

sherry on September 13, 2011 at 10:03 PM

El_Terrible on September 13, 2011 at 10:02 PM

Who?

unseen on September 13, 2011 at 10:04 PM

El_Terrible on September 13, 2011 at 10:01 PM

I don’t think is a good communicator much like G.W. Bush. I don’t think there is much he can do about it really. You either a good communicator or not. It’s a flaw I’m willing to accept….like I did with Dubya. I will still support him.

terryannonline on September 13, 2011 at 10:04 PM

promachus on September 13, 2011 at 9:48 PM

You’re mentally ill.

CW on September 13, 2011 at 10:05 PM

sherry on September 13, 2011 at 10:03 PM

99.9% of people outside NV never heard of the guy and about 50% of those in NV never heard of him.

It might help in the NV primary but other than that Jindal’s would be a better get and that fell in the pool with hardly a splash.

unseen on September 13, 2011 at 10:06 PM

cozmo on September 13, 2011 at 10:00 PM

I didn’t see anything from her.

It’s funny – most of what people think on here is opposite of what people think in my non-HA world.

Sometimes this place can skew your thinking a wee bit!

gophergirl on September 13, 2011 at 10:06 PM

I love the Nistas. They are in a fit. What a sight.

CW on September 13, 2011 at 10:08 PM

This isn’t one of them.

Allahpundit on September 13, 2011 at 9:49 PM

True. Depending on the flavor of the month, it often seems to be a clearinghouse for whatever David Frum, Mark McKinnon, or Meghan McCain have to dish- oh, and of course the latest “she’s unelectable” polling data.

You have every right to post what you wish as the bloghost, of course. My understanding of the terms of use and general practice is that commenters are free to share their reactions to said postings, however. Correct?

cs89 on September 13, 2011 at 10:08 PM

Sometimes this place can skew your thinking a wee bit!

gophergirl on September 13, 2011 at 10:06 PM

Yep, I am a little spot of red in a deep blue part of Texas (what can I say, my representative is Eddie Bernice Johnson).

cozmo on September 13, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Who?

unseen on September 13, 2011 at 10:04 PM

Ignorant jackass.

Your world begins and ends with the God-Queen, doesn’t it?

KingGold on September 13, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Is promachus seriously implying that PPP is headed by a Perry guy? The same PPP that’s in bed with dkos? Sure.

change is for suckers on September 13, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Allahpundit on September 13, 2011 at 9:54 PM

Whatever. I find it hard to believe that you didn’t get any emails about that Fox New poll particularly when you gave it a post of its own. Still, isn’t it your job to include caveats like that? SInce you are jealous about your reputation of fairness.

Hmm, Logic 101. Just calling me a Palin shill or anything doesn’t invalidate my point.

promachus on September 13, 2011 at 10:09 PM

change is for suckers on September 13, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Not ppp. But Fox News.

promachus on September 13, 2011 at 10:10 PM

Correct?

cs89 on September 13, 2011 at 10:08 PM

==============================================

Of course that is not what he said. You Nistas are as bad as any liberal. You nutters are a hoot.

note.that is not a compliment.

CW on September 13, 2011 at 10:10 PM

99.9% of people outside NV never heard of the guy

Good thing the Nevada primary is in Nevada. Phew.

El_Terrible on September 13, 2011 at 10:10 PM

who?
unseen on September 13, 2011 at 9:59 PM

You know, the always coveted what’s-his-name endorsement that has decided elections since…errr….well…nevermindddd. Everyone will always remember where they were and what they were doing when they heard this news! (Well, at least until Perry fails in yet another debate..)

whatcat on September 13, 2011 at 10:10 PM

KingGold on September 13, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Timmy!!11! how is that smart decision working out for you?

unseen on September 13, 2011 at 10:11 PM

I think Perry will do much better with Latino voters than McCain did, perhaps even better than Bush.

RedRedRice on September 13, 2011 at 10:11 PM

Palin shill
promachus on September 13, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Truth hurts whack job.

CW on September 13, 2011 at 10:11 PM

who?

unseen on September 13, 2011 at 9:59 PM

Your confusion is understandable. He is a Governor. Still.

Anton on September 13, 2011 at 10:12 PM

I bet she doesn’t endorse at all.

gophergirl on September 13, 2011 at 9:43 PM

Wrong.

Of course, who or when we don’t know yet.

cs89 on September 13, 2011 at 10:12 PM

Of course I am nuts most of the time :)

gophergirl on September 13, 2011 at 9:52 PM

No worries GG, I am quite certain my sanity is often in question as well. Most notably perhaps by myself.

I am much in agreement with you, I think Perry was short on command of the issues and his delivery was distinctly unpolished. Despite Romney’s claim of not being a career pol, that’s no due to lack of trying. That he remains still as robotic as he is after so many years (since 94) trying bespeaks his lack of authenticity.

Personally, I think Perry’s got the message and the machine to take the Oval, the others, not so much. But he’s going to have to ramp up his game, post haste, to wrap up the nomination as quickly as possible. Perry has allowed no time for error with his late entry, he needs cascading victories to sieze the nomination in short order to solidify his bolt to the front, deprive the Dems of attack lines provided by the primary process and preserve cash for the Obama fund raising juggernaught that is derived through cronyism and union coffers.

Perry is not my dream candidate, but for all his flaws, I think he’s the most effective champion of the cause. Provided he gets his shi’ite together, but quick!

Archimedes on September 13, 2011 at 10:12 PM

so we have a ‘nista playing stupid about who sandoval is but then saying endorsements dont matter. well, unless its sarah and then its the reason for victory. unless the candidate is COD and its because she didnt listen to sarah or somesuch….

chasdal on September 13, 2011 at 10:12 PM

cs89 on September 13, 2011 at 10:08 PM

No, silly. ABP trolls are welcome to post garbage on Palin as in taht Bachmann attacks Perry thread but don’t you dare bring up anything regarding Palin.

promachus on September 13, 2011 at 10:12 PM

RedRedRice on September 13, 2011 at 10:11 PM

At least as well as Bush.

Dr Evil on September 13, 2011 at 10:12 PM

promachus on September 13, 2011 at 9:44 PM

Do you really think that will boost her conservative cred? Really?

Of course you do.

catmman on September 13, 2011 at 10:12 PM

RedRedRice on September 13, 2011 at 10:11 PM

Yeh and this useless endorsement by a sitting governor won’t help.

Promachnutter on September 13

CW on September 13, 2011 at 10:12 PM

Good thing the Nevada primary is in Nevada. Phew.

El_Terrible on September 13, 2011 at 10:10 PM

yes the games must be played. What’s his names endorses what’s his name. news at eleven

unseen on September 13, 2011 at 10:13 PM

Nope. Nobody endorses a quitter’s quitting.

Besides, McCain’s going to back Huntsman.

KingGold on September 13, 2011 at 9:57 PM

Ha. I knew that. Goalposts are different for that dumb coward Perry and everyone else.

promachus on September 13, 2011 at 10:13 PM

Nutters go bwwhahahahaahahaha

Hilarious

CW on September 13, 2011 at 10:13 PM

unseen on September 13, 2011 at 10:06 PM

As you know, the endorsement will follow with support during Perry’s swing through these states over the next several months. I am sure some other random governors will endorse Palin if she jumps in. But keep the faith, she’s bound to make a decision sooner or later.

sherry on September 13, 2011 at 10:14 PM

thphilli on September 13, 2011 at 9:45 PM

But I’m sure Herr Doctor will pick up the coveted Hamas, Hezbollah, Dinnerjacket endorsement any day now, especially after last night.

catmman on September 13, 2011 at 10:14 PM

99.9% of people outside NV never heard of the guy

Good thing the Nevada primary is in Nevada. Phew.

El_Terrible on September 13, 2011 at 10:10 PM

Yeah and with 2 more electoral votes than Rhode Island, it’s a must win!

whatcat on September 13, 2011 at 10:14 PM

The Nistas continue their fits. Sweet. Make some popcorn.

CW on September 13, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Wrong.

Of course, who or when we don’t know yet.

cs89 on September 13, 2011 at 10:12 PM

Thanks I didn’t know she said that.

gophergirl on September 13, 2011 at 10:15 PM

Perry needs to hit Mitt hard on RomneyCare in the next debate!

terryannonline on September 13, 2011 at 9:49 PM

Yes, he does.

Weight of Glory on September 13, 2011 at 10:15 PM

Yeah and with 2 more electoral votes than Rhode Island, it’s a must win!

whatcat on September 13, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Is Palin running?

You guys are a joke. Really do you understand how phucking idiotic you sound? Really?

CW on September 13, 2011 at 10:15 PM

Do you really think that will boost her conservative cred? Really?

Of course you do.

catmman on September 13, 2011 at 10:12 PM

I used it as an example, you fool. KingGold said that because Sandoval supported a certain immigration law, it’d shore up the weakness of Perry regarding that isseu. SO my retort was that if MCcain who has served multiple terms, that should be enough to invalidate any complaints about “quitting” ? As usual the trolls like you are too stupid and of course, the original troll refused to accept my point because consistency is not their virtue.

promachus on September 13, 2011 at 10:16 PM

Anton on September 13, 2011 at 10:12 PM

Oh yeah. Hey how’s NV economy going?

unseen on September 13, 2011 at 10:16 PM

RedRedRice on September 13, 2011 at 10:11 PM

If he picks Rubio for VP….I think you are right. Perry/Rubio 2012!

terryannonline on September 13, 2011 at 10:17 PM

Allahpundit on September 13, 2011 at 9:44 PM

Time for a “STRAWMAN ALERT!!!!”.

whatcat on September 13, 2011 at 10:17 PM

CW on September 13, 2011 at 10:10 PM

What he said & did was draw hyperbolic examples such as Palin/Einstein, a galactic conspiracy against her, etc.

Should commenters keep comments more on-topic (including me!)? Sure.

Don’t think his over-the-top reaction is a good strategy to attain that goal, but whatever.

cs89 on September 13, 2011 at 10:18 PM

sherry on September 13, 2011 at 10:14 PM

I doubt anyone connected to the politcal class will endorse Palin in the primary. Those aren’t the people she is going after. In fact they are the people she will be running against. Haven’t you been paying attention?

unseen on September 13, 2011 at 10:18 PM

promachus on September 13, 2011 at 9:44 PM

I predict that McCain will NOT endorse Palin. He may be a war hero, but in regular life he is hobbled by his ego.

disa on September 13, 2011 at 10:20 PM

unseen on September 13, 2011 at 10:18 PM

Okay, I’ll play. Name three people who will endorse Palin if she runs.

sherry on September 13, 2011 at 10:21 PM

Yeah and with 2 more electoral votes than Rhode Island, it’s a must win!

whatcat on September 13, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Nevada could be the state that puts us at 270. In a close election, we’ll need to win either Iowa, Colorado, New Mexico, or Nevada IIRC.

El_Terrible on September 13, 2011 at 10:21 PM

unseen on September 13, 2011 at 10:16 PM

My 2 cents as a Palin supporter: I’ve lived in NV. Should be a Romney stronghold. If the gov. has jumped in for Perry this early, it is a big deal. If Perry can pick up the state, it will provide some early momentum & hurt Mitt’s chances. IMO, he has limited strongholds (Northeast & Utah/NV being 2 good examples).

Don’t underestimate what this means.

Just my take.

cs89 on September 13, 2011 at 10:23 PM

unseen on September 13, 2011 at 10:18 PM

thats the kinda post i love the most!! enlighten us since you have super duper secret inside info! she wont get elected running against the party. but then she wont get elected running with the party. well, first she has to actually enter the race,

chasdal on September 13, 2011 at 10:23 PM

promachus on September 13, 2011 at 10:16 PM

I owe a huge apology to portlandon. I thought he was you earlier today.

Oh, and your momma wears combat boots.

catmman on September 13, 2011 at 10:23 PM

Archimedes on September 13, 2011 at 10:12 PM

I agree with you as well. It’s funny though – bummed as I was this morning, to see non political junkies happy with how he did made me feel better.

I think Perry has to ignore the sniping and focus on Obama in the next debate. Compare himself to him at every chance. Rise above it all.

gophergirl on September 13, 2011 at 10:23 PM