Trump card: Bobby Jindal endorses Perry

posted at 4:05 pm on September 12, 2011 by Allahpundit

I wonder how long this has been in the works. Was the plan always to roll it out tonight before the debate or did Perry and Jindal speed things up to match T-Paw’s Romney endorsement?

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal is backing Rick Perry for president, a major endorsement for the Texas governor as the campaign for the Republican nomination enters the crucial fall stretch of the primary calendar, a source tells CNN.

Jindal is on his way to Florida and will be Perry’s guest at Monday night’s “Tea Party Republican Debate” broadcast on CNN from Tampa, the source said. Jindal is expected to formally make the announcement prior to the debate.

Neither endorsement breaks either guy out of their niche. Romney’s running as the safe, northern, Wonder Bread establishment candidate and Perry’s running as the bold, southern, grassroots favorite with executive experience. Pawlenty and Jindal are natural matches for their respective endorsees. Jindal’s endorsement matters more, though, because Perry’s immediate problem is proving that he’s electable. The more big-name conservatives bypass the “safe” choice in the field to roll the dice on him, the more credible Perry looks. (And in fact, he already has an event lined up this week with another prominent southern governor.) When Romney inevitably hits him again tonight on Social Security, Perry can point at Jindal in the audience and say that the governor of Louisiana — and esteemed policy wonk — would never throw his endorsement away on an unelectable candidate. Which is true enough: For Jindal to commit this early in the race, he must be awfullly confident in Perry’s chances. If he’s right, there’s bound to be a cabinet position in it for him. But probably not VP due to their regional overlap.

Incidentally, Wonder Bread might not be the only reason that Pawlenty’s backing Romney. Money has been known to buy friends from time to time. Exit question: Which Republican’s endorsement is the most prized this year? I’m inclined to say Rubio’s because he’s from a crucial primary state and is capable of influencing both establishment and grassroots opinion, but RCP makes a good point about DeMint in its latest post. If he shocks the world by endorsing Romney before the South Carolina primary, he could singlehandedly imperil Perry’s candidacy.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

I don’t think so-n-so endorsements mean nearly as much this go around. The Tea Party is about thinking for yourself. The media might want Sarah, or DeMint, or Buford Pusser to be kingmaker but I don’t think the folks give a hoot who is on who’s Christmas card list.

Limerick on September 12, 2011 at 4:47 PM

Mar 4, 2008 – BATON ROUGE — Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal has endorsed fellow Republican John McCain for president, his press office said.

whatcat on September 12, 2011 at 4:11 PM

This was long after the election cycle when McCain was really the last guy standing, and there was no one that conservatives could trust. McCain was all we had left. Perry is a much more desirable candidate, and reflects a clear alternative to Romney.

Outside of LA, who really knows who he is?

csdeven on September 12, 2011 at 4:12 PM

As a Louisianian and a Mississippian, I can say Jindal has enormous political cred for his handling of the various hurricanes, floods, and the BP disaster. He’s a hands-on, honest guy who in my 50 years of watching poltics in my two states may be the best and most worthy politican I’ve ever seen (and I say that with Haley Barbour in Mississippi, who I admire).

I grant you I live in the goldfish bowl so I may not know what’s said outside it about Jindal. I can only vouch for him and say he’s the real deal.

itsspideyman on September 12, 2011 at 4:47 PM

If Palin doesn’t run, she endorses Perry, and the election is over.

He can start measuring drapes.

faraway on September 12, 2011 at 4:48 PM

NoNails on September 12, 2011 at 4:40 PM

I agree. I think she will be key in helping with senate and house seats in certain areas. IE…the NY race she has avoided fr good reasons. She has huge cred in most places, but in the most insanely progressives areas, her endorsement would be counter productive.

csdeven on September 12, 2011 at 4:48 PM

I can only vouch for him and say he’s the real deal.

itsspideyman on September 12, 2011 at 4:47 PM

I agree he is the real deal. But his endorsement doesn’t really help Perry in FL does it? You live there, what do you think?

csdeven on September 12, 2011 at 4:50 PM

If DeMint thinks he can endo Romney and still maintain his credibility with the Tea Party – he’s smoking dope.

And seriously – I doubt Jim DeMint is smoking dope. Yeah sure, DeMint endo’d Romney last time but, that was when Romney was running as a Conservative when the only other choices were Guiliani, McRage, and Huckabutt.

That was also before ObamaCare … and ObamaCare has brought much more attention to RomneyCare. ;)

HondaV65 on September 12, 2011 at 4:50 PM

Perry isnt a strong enough candidate to get a lot of GOPers into his cabinent. he might get Pawlenty but I dont see any other big names going to work for him.

William Amos on September 12, 2011 at 4:30 PM

What part of leading the feild (especially after having just announced) by double digits says “not a strong enough candiate” to you?

After hearing of Perry’s manueverings 2mo’s ago (not announcing so he could continue to take unlimited contributions as per TX law) I stated unabashedly that “Perry is the nominee”.

Palin is too smart to jump in now, Romney’s only play is the “not a life long politician” line. Which only works till people realize he’s been trying to be a pol his entire adult life, but other than 1 term as People’s Republic of Mass. Govenor, can’t get elected.
No one else in the feild even has a long shot chance, and the polls demonstrate it.

I am not endorsing or saying he’s the best choice, but the reality is, and every poll shows it, Perry is the only strong candidate on the stage.

Archimedes on September 12, 2011 at 4:51 PM

If Palin doesn’t run, she endorses Perry, and the election is over.

He can start measuring drapes.

faraway on September 12, 2011 at 4:48 PM

Quoted for Truth.

HondaV65 on September 12, 2011 at 4:51 PM

these endorsements are a joke… a total charade of nonsense…
Gee, I hadn’t decided who I might want to support, but now that T-Paw has backed Romney, he’s my guy! oh, wait, Jindal backing Perry, Perry is now my guy! If only the Michelin man would endorse someone, I’d be able to make up my mind…
gatorboy on September 12, 2011 at 4:37 PM

LOL, yeah, ya really gotta wonder about people who let such things make up their mind for them. I imagine it’s something like when their fave celeb does an ad for Cheetos.

whatcat on September 12, 2011 at 4:51 PM

I’ve been giving it some thought and if Palin decides not to run, I don’t think she’ll endorse anyone in the primaries. Instead, she will hold all their feet to the fire. I think she’ll put her efforts into furthering the Tea Party agenda and fighting the media’s portrayal of them as just a bunch of slack-jawed racists.

NoNails on September 12, 2011 at 4:40 PM

You may be right but Palin’s endorsement means a lot more during the primaries than it will in the general, as more than half the electorate can’t stand her.

windansea on September 12, 2011 at 4:51 PM

I believe Romney would decline an offer from Palin to endorse him.

csdeven on September 12, 2011 at 4:17 PM

Really, after he just claimed in the last debate that he is a TPer?

Schadenfreude on September 12, 2011 at 4:52 PM

It would be interesting to poll the Palin worshipers here at Hot Air and see how many who hate the other candidates would suddenly endorse them if Palin told them to. My expectation is that she would be called a traitor etc.

csdeven on September 12, 2011 at 4:44 PM

While not being a worshipper of Palin’s, (no candidate is perfect), she would still be my first pick in the race. That being said, if she decides not to run, and if he were to explain his immmigration policy better, and more in line with conservatism and safety of our country, I would have no problem with Perry.

ConservativePartyNow on September 12, 2011 at 4:52 PM

CNN just reported sarah will not be at tonights debate. I think she is not going to run.

If she would endorce now I would bet it would be Bachman. However I think Michelle would have to prove she can win. Palin would hold out until later. If that then I think it would be Perry.

Rush Limbaugh would be a good get for any candidate but Rush doesnt like to endorce in primary season.

William Amos on September 12, 2011 at 4:13 PM

Why do you consider that news? She never had any intention of being in tonight’s debate.

She won’t endorse Bachmann because MB has no executive experience.

NoNails on September 12, 2011 at 4:52 PM

So he would have done better with a different VP?

antisocial on September 12, 2011 at 4:45 PM

Who can say for sure? All I can do is look at how poorly she was received by most Americans after the first few weeks. On the other hand, I don’t expect VP choices to help that much. I think maybe the hype caused most to put too much on her shoulders.

csdeven on September 12, 2011 at 4:53 PM

She’s too busy passive-aggressively sniping at everyone in the field.

Vyce on September 12, 2011 at 4:30 PM

Unlike everyone else who is actively smearing each other.

William Amos on September 12, 2011 at 4:31 PM

Excellent, and giving the real enemies lots of fodder. RR cries from his grave.

Schadenfreude on September 12, 2011 at 4:54 PM

When does leading in the polls make you a good leader ? it never helped Obama.

My point is that ambitious people dont tend to stick to someone who would limit their ambitions. Rick Perry doesnt strike me as someone who would allow for people who disagree with him in his cabinent.

Im still very unimpressed with Perry I havent seen much that proves he is a good leader.

William Amos on September 12, 2011 at 4:54 PM

I will be disappointed if Gov. Barbour is a Romney kind of guy.

Cindy Munford on September 12, 2011 at 4:45 PM

No need to worry on this, good one.

Schadenfreude on September 12, 2011 at 4:55 PM

William Amos on September 12, 2011 at 4:30 PM

Nah, I’d go for Ryan at Treasusury.

Archimedes on September 12, 2011 at 4:55 PM

” Romney’s running as the safe, northern, Wonder Bread establishment candidate…”

Allah…

… if Perry isn’t paying you for campaign slogans, he should be!

Seven Percent Solution on September 12, 2011 at 4:46 PM

But…but…but…Jindal is the “Trump” card – really! Just as he was in 2008 for McCain.

(I woulda saved the “Trump card” lede for The Donald’s endorsement!)

whatcat on September 12, 2011 at 4:55 PM

I would have no problem with Perry.

ConservativePartyNow on September 12, 2011 at 4:52 PM

I am very interested in hearing more from Perry. I can see why I could never get a consensus from our resident Texans a few months ago. He has positions that are all over the map. but for me that is a benefit. I am very conservative but I also realize that I don’t decide elections. Indies do and they need to trust that a candidate has moderate positions.

csdeven on September 12, 2011 at 4:56 PM

Christie could knock Romney out and create an awesome two-man race. Though the only things that make me think this could happen is the Ryan-Christie meeting last month and the fact that Luntz, for what it’s worth, did focus group stuff on Christie.

If Perry is to win he needs to go beyond saying SS is a bad program and start explaining in understandable ways how he’ll fix it. Getting Jindal, a wonky guy, on board is a good start.

cpaulus on September 12, 2011 at 4:56 PM

William Amos on September 12, 2011 at 4:13 PM

I think the only person Rush would endorse would be Palin in the primary season

ConservativePartyNow on September 12, 2011 at 4:57 PM

What about Alvin Green? Who will he be endorsing in the SC primary?

dczombie on September 12, 2011 at 4:57 PM

windansea on September 12, 2011 at 4:51 PM

More than half the electorate doesn’t know her. They only know the caricature that been painted of her.

NoNails on September 12, 2011 at 4:57 PM

Which is why I said “So far to the right”. And this isn’t normal days. Perry can run to the right IF he can get the indies to move to him. They certainly should move to him, but what they don’t want is more slick political posturing. The electorate is awake.

csdeven on September 12, 2011 at 4:41 PM

It might be a bit early for head-to-head polls to mean much, but currently they show Perry and Romney performing about the same against Obama amongst the general electorate.

Besides, in what way has Perry moved too far to the right? The “Ponzi scheme” thing? Sure, that could come back to bite him a little, but it’s little different than what Romney (and many others) has said in the past.

Hollowpoint on September 12, 2011 at 4:59 PM

trump card

TPaw and Jindal endorsements are more like throwing your 2s and 3s down in Rook.

faraway on September 12, 2011 at 4:59 PM

csdeven on September 12, 2011 at 4:44 PM

ConservativePartyNow on September 12, 2011 at 4:52 PM

You know, I don’t recall a single Palin backer, myself included, ever saying we “hate” another candidate. Most every supporter has said that if Sarah doesn’t run, we will back the nominee. I will vote for Perry if Palin isn’t on the ballot. If Romney wins the nomination than I will vote for him in the general.

piglet on September 12, 2011 at 4:59 PM

Whoops quotation problems!

piglet on September 12, 2011 at 5:00 PM

I just can’t believe Perry is even being considered, but I believe he will fade. As for Jindal, I can’t help wondering how opening up oil drilling all over the country and increasing refining, like Palin wants to do, would impact LA and TX. Hotbeds of “crony capitalism” and energy production both. I hope Palin uses the nuclear option on both parties. It’s time for a do over.

mike_NC9 on September 12, 2011 at 5:00 PM

Jim DeMint’s support will have a lot of influence for me.

piglet on September 12, 2011 at 5:01 PM

NoNails on September 12, 2011 at 4:57 PM

Right. The one and only reason anyone might have for not approving of her is that they don’t know the “real” Sarah Palin. It’s not like she’s had 3 years of heavy exposure to get her side of the story out or anything.

Classic projection- “If only they knew Sarah the way I know Sarah, they’d love her as I do”.

Hollowpoint on September 12, 2011 at 5:04 PM

Don’t know much about Perry but I DO KNOW that Romney is only a tad to the starboard side of Scott Brown-this alone would make Perry my choice(if these gentlemen eventually wind up as the two most viable choices.)

MaiDee on September 12, 2011 at 5:06 PM

I disagree with those who say this is not significant or that endorsements – in general – don’t matter.

1. They matter in that they show a particular candidate is gaining appeal,
2. They matter in financing (since – supposedly – Pawlenty is talking to his financial backers to toss some dollars to Romney and Jindal is helping out Perry).
3. In the case of Jindal backing Perry, the endorsement also shows cross-over appeal, meaning that Jindal is an establishment guy, not a tea party guy. So I think this endorsement is particular important.

Deafdog on September 12, 2011 at 5:07 PM

Ugh! Why does the North always get the Bunny Bread candidates? Why can’t we have cornbread once in a while?

Fallon on September 12, 2011 at 5:11 PM

This is good news for Perry..Keeping the Big Mo going..:)

Dire Straits on September 12, 2011 at 5:12 PM

mike_NC9 on September 12, 2011 at 5:00 PM

Not everyone considers Mrs. Palin to be quite as powerful and as important as some of you think she is .
Certainly, she’s a good conservative…as is Perry…as is Jindal.

annoyinglittletwerp on September 12, 2011 at 5:13 PM

Perry polls EXTREMELY well in Louisiana, so it is no lose proposition for Jindal.

Kermit on September 12, 2011 at 4:36 PM

He helped out a lot during Katrina. They’ve never forgotten. May forgot to go home and are now happy Texans.

Schadenfreude on September 12, 2011 at 5:14 PM

This is good news for Perry..Keeping the Big Mo going..:)

Dire Straits on September 12, 2011 at 5:12 PM

You’re early.

annoyinglittletwerp on September 12, 2011 at 5:14 PM

Stop trying to make so much out of the Jindal endorsement. The guy governs next door to Perry and they deal with each other quite often. Jindal was already in line to endorse, and I’m sure Perry called him up after the news of Pawlenty endorsing hit this morning and asked him to make his endorsement today.

OKCubsFan on September 12, 2011 at 5:15 PM

Fallon on September 12, 2011 at 5:11 PM

i likes me some cornbread :D

chasdal on September 12, 2011 at 5:15 PM

Many forgot to go home to Louisiana.

Schadenfreude on September 12, 2011 at 5:15 PM

She won’t endorse Bachmann because MB has no executive experience chance in hell of winning.

NoNails

FIFY.

xblade on September 12, 2011 at 5:17 PM

Deafdog on September 12, 2011 at 5:07 PM

I wouldn’t say they’re insignificant or don’t matter at all, but any one endorsement won’t make or break any candidate. How many people say to themselves “Gee, I wasn’t going to vote for that guy, but now that he’s got endorsement from Gov. (insert name here), I’m totally on board”?

In aggregate, sure, they matter- having lots of endorsements lends credibility. In terms of any one political figure handing out an endorsement, that individual endorsement isn’t going to have a significant impact.

Hollowpoint on September 12, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Schadenfreude on September 12, 2011 at 5:14 PM

Most of them we are happy to have. Some, not so much.

cozmo on September 12, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Jim DeMint’s support will have a lot of influence for me.

piglet on September 12, 2011 at 5:01 PM

Same here. I can see DeMint having real problems with Perry’s indefensible immigration policies. DeMint was front and center during the Great Amnesty Battle of 2007 and helped defeat it. Perry’s got one of the worst immigration records around, no matter what he says about border security. You don’t grant in state tuition to illegals, you don’t support the anchor baby law, you don’t support a “pathway to citizenship” and you don’t discard E-very as being “not worth a hill of beans” if you’re a true conservative.

TxAnn56 on September 12, 2011 at 5:20 PM

Lessee, here.

1. They matter in that they show a particular candidate is gaining appeal,

No they only mean that one poltician endorsed another.

Some truth to that, but also brings in the “what kind of deals were cut?” speculation. Perry already has questions of cronyism, so that could be a minus.

Deafdog on September 12, 2011 at 5:07 PM

I would say the excitement doesn’t extend much beyond the Perry camp.

whatcat on September 12, 2011 at 5:20 PM

…RCP makes a good point about DeMint in its latest post. If he shocks the world by endorsing Romney before the South Carolina primary, he could singlehandedly imperil Perry’s candidacy.

On the other hand, a meteorite could strike down Rick Perry.

slickwillie2001 on September 12, 2011 at 5:21 PM

should be E-verify

TxAnn56 on September 12, 2011 at 5:21 PM

Hollowpoint on September 12, 2011 at 4:59 PM

He is doubling down on the Ponzi scheme comment. I like it, and in a fair world, it should play well with indies. Unfortunately, it will be demagogued by his opponents. And it might work.

csdeven on September 12, 2011 at 5:21 PM

He helped out a lot during Katrina. They’ve never forgotten. Many forgot to go home and are now happy Texans.

Schadenfreude on September 12, 2011 at 5:14 PM

And we are appreciative of Texan help, and do our best to reciprocate in time of need. I’ve noticed on I-20 mounds of haybales being shipped to Texas. Louisiana has waived the restrictions and fees for shipping hay.

itsspideyman on September 12, 2011 at 5:22 PM

Hollowpoint on September 12, 2011 at 5:19 PM

You make my point much better than I did.

whatcat on September 12, 2011 at 5:23 PM

I like Gov. Jindal, so the endorsement helps.

Cindy Munford on September 12, 2011 at 5:23 PM

I like Gov. Jindal, so the endorsement helps.

Cindy Munford on September 12, 2011 at 5:23 PM

..:)

Dire Straits on September 12, 2011 at 5:24 PM

I like Gov. Jindal, so the endorsement helps.

Cindy Munford on September 12, 2011 at 5:23 PM

ditto

cmsinaz on September 12, 2011 at 5:25 PM

10 things about Jindal

Schadenfreude on September 12, 2011 at 5:27 PM

cmsinaz on September 12, 2011 at 5:25 PM

..:)

Dire Straits on September 12, 2011 at 5:27 PM

ditto

cmsinaz on September 12, 2011 at 5:25 PM

Jindal 2020.
Hmmm.

annoyinglittletwerp on September 12, 2011 at 5:27 PM

wolfie moderating instead of grunt king at tonight’s debate….

should be as biased as ever

romney v perry part deux

cmsinaz on September 12, 2011 at 5:28 PM

TxAnn56 on September 12, 2011 at 5:20 PM

I know you do not like Perry very much and might actually prefer Romney. But in what way do you consider Romney as being better than Perry on:

1. Border Security
2. Illegal Immigration Policy

I’ll be waiting for your answers.

TheRightMan on September 12, 2011 at 5:29 PM

Dire Straits on September 12, 2011 at 5:27 PM

Hey DS :)

annoyinglittletwerp on September 12, 2011 at 5:27 PM

with rubio?
mmmm,mmmm, mmmmm

cmsinaz on September 12, 2011 at 5:29 PM

Endorsements are over-rated, but Pawlenty helps because he has some infrastructure in Iowa and New Hampmshire. Romney will gets acces to to his organization, staff, donor lists, email lists.

Jindal is just a name. After tomorrow no one wil even remember.

swamp_yankee on September 12, 2011 at 5:30 PM

cmsinaz on September 12, 2011 at 5:28 PM

My mother refers to him as Vole-fee.

annoyinglittletwerp on September 12, 2011 at 5:30 PM

cmsinaz on September 12, 2011 at 5:29 PM

Hello.. It should be a good debate tonight..:)

Dire Straits on September 12, 2011 at 5:31 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on September 12, 2011 at 5:30 PM

cmsinaz on September 12, 2011 at 5:31 PM

Jindal is just a name. After tomorrow no one wil even remember.

swamp_yankee on September 12, 2011 at 5:30 PM

That ‘name’ is one of the brightest minds in the GOP…and he WILL be president someday.

annoyinglittletwerp on September 12, 2011 at 5:31 PM

Trump card: Bobby Jindal endorses Perry

Good career move…They’re lining up at the trough already.

repvoter on September 12, 2011 at 5:31 PM

Stop trying to make so much out of the Jindal endorsement.

OKCubsFan on September 12, 2011 at 5:15 PM

But should we make much of Pawlenty’s endorsement of Romney? :)

TheRightMan on September 12, 2011 at 5:32 PM

Dire Straits on September 12, 2011 at 5:31 PM

indeed…some folks better drop off after this…

cmsinaz on September 12, 2011 at 5:32 PM

cmsinaz on September 12, 2011 at 5:29 PM

Hello.. It should be a good debate tonight..:)

Dire Straits on September 12, 2011 at 5:31 PM

The Lubbock GOP is hosting a debate-watching party. We’ll be there.

annoyinglittletwerp on September 12, 2011 at 5:33 PM

…as the campaign for the Republican nomination enters the crucial fall stretch of the primary calendar…

I realize the campaigns start a lot earlier than they used to, but seriously…”crucial”?…I don’t think we are quite THAT far along yet.

Kevin71 on September 12, 2011 at 5:34 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on September 12, 2011 at 5:33 PM

have fun!

phoenix will have folks question the candidates tonight…hope to see a few of my friends on the TV

and Key West Reader will be in the audience as well..get that sign ready :)

cmsinaz on September 12, 2011 at 5:34 PM

indeed…some folks better drop off after this…

cmsinaz on September 12, 2011 at 5:32 PM

IMHO..I do not see anyone dropping out yet..:)

Dire Straits on September 12, 2011 at 5:35 PM

ZZZZZ boring, a Southern Republican Governor endorses another Southern Republican ZZZZZZZZZZZ

sheryl on September 12, 2011 at 5:35 PM

The Lubbock GOP is hosting a debate-watching party. We’ll be there.

annoyinglittletwerp on September 12, 2011 at 5:33 PM

Cool!..Sounds like fun..:)

Dire Straits on September 12, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Dire Straits on September 12, 2011 at 5:35 PM

mccotter and johnson?? they are never allowed to join the debate…huntsman?

cmsinaz on September 12, 2011 at 5:37 PM

KW Reader, can you have some secret sign so we know who you are tonight? Maybe a Pelosi blink? :)

faraway on September 12, 2011 at 5:39 PM

mccotter and johnson?? they are never allowed to join the debate…huntsman?

cmsinaz on September 12, 2011 at 5:37 PM

True..I say Huntsman will stay a little longer even thou he should leave the stage..:)

Dire Straits on September 12, 2011 at 5:40 PM

via newsbusters…wolfie implied TP as racist…

gonna be a hot time in tampa tonight

cmsinaz on September 12, 2011 at 5:40 PM

I lost all respect for Bobby Jindal.

Falz on September 12, 2011 at 5:41 PM

Jindal’s endorsement of Perry is not surprising, but it is important.

One reason is that Jindal is VERY popular in Louisiana. I’m sure Perry is as well, but my extended family all live in LA, and they all have nothing but good to say about Jindal.

What many may not know is that Jindal main policy area is actually healthcare. As noted, Jindal’s support gives Perry quite a punch to use on Romney’s biggest weakness.

I guess you could say the same thing for Pawlenty and illegal immigration, but I’m not exactly sure if Pawlenty carries the same weight.

I’ll also say that, because of how I view Jindal and Pawlenty, Jindal’s endorsement of Perry means more to me (in the ‘more likely to vote for’ sense) than Pawlenty’s endorsement of Romney.

Finally, I’m thinking more and more that Palin’s going to endorse Perry, in which event Perry will win the primary and almost certainly the general.

Scott H on September 12, 2011 at 5:41 PM

Dire Straits on September 12, 2011 at 5:40 PM

gotcha

cmsinaz on September 12, 2011 at 5:41 PM

methinks it will be 90% SS and 10%jobs and economy tonight…

cmsinaz on September 12, 2011 at 5:43 PM

Woohoo! I looooove Bobby Jindal so I’m thrilled he’s endorsed Perry.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on September 12, 2011 at 5:49 PM

via newsbusters…wolfie implied TP as racist…

gonna be a hot time in tampa tonight

cmsinaz on September 12, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Tell me again why Republicans insist on supporting the prog-lib media that hates Republicans and will do all they can to see that little Bammie is reelected?

Why should the old media ever make an effort to correct their bias when we support them so?

slickwillie2001 on September 12, 2011 at 5:51 PM

slickwillie2001 on September 12, 2011 at 5:51 PM

i don’t get it and the dems refuse to show up on a fox debate and everything is hunky dory…

cmsinaz on September 12, 2011 at 5:53 PM

Hollowpoint on September 12, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Nobody thinks in those terms. You’re right. And 1 endorsement probably wouldn’t make a difference. But let’s say 4 or 5 other solid conservatives also endorse him. In the back of your mind every time you hear an opponent say “he’s not a real conservative” you’ll remember the endorsements and think, well if he’s not a real conservative why are all these conservatives behind him?

That’s the point of getting endorsements.

angryed on September 12, 2011 at 5:54 PM

DeMint endorse Romney? I can’t see that at all.

This is a major endorsement for Perry. T-Paw for Romney? Absolutely meaningless.

paul1149 on September 12, 2011 at 5:54 PM

The Lubbock GOP is hosting a debate-watching party. We’ll be there.

annoyinglittletwerp on September 12, 2011 at 5:33 PM

With Texas food? I’m jealous!

csdeven on September 12, 2011 at 5:56 PM

DeMint endorse Romney? I can’t see that at all.

He did last time. I think he’ll do it again.

sheryl on September 12, 2011 at 5:57 PM

Take a wild guess whose endorsement carries more weight.

It’s not a hard call to make.

And if and when Bachman’s backers cut off the money, forcing her to withdraw, Gov. Haley from SC may follow Jindahl’s lead and endorse Perry.

molonlabe28 on September 12, 2011 at 5:59 PM

paul1149 on September 12, 2011 at 5:54 PM

T-Paw has organization in Iowa, Ohio, and NH. Jindal has…..nothing.

I agree the endorsement is good for Perry, but to insist the T-Paw endorsement means nothing isn’t supported by the facts.

And, T=Paw is well liked as a nice guy and is not a toxic endorsement.

csdeven on September 12, 2011 at 6:00 PM

With Texas food? I’m jealous!

csdeven on September 12, 2011 at 5:56 PM

Don’t be-it’s at a Buffalo Wild Wings.

annoyinglittletwerp on September 12, 2011 at 6:01 PM

csdeven on September 12, 2011 at 6:00 PM

jsut saw an article that TPaw supporters are slower on the uptake in supporting Mitt, so it will be interesting to see where they go…

cmsinaz on September 12, 2011 at 6:02 PM

Don’t be-it’s at a Buffalo Wild Wings.

annoyinglittletwerp on September 12, 2011 at 6:01 PM

nothing wrong with that…i like the asian zing myself :)

cmsinaz on September 12, 2011 at 6:03 PM

sheryl on September 12, 2011 at 5:57 PM

Well, heck, even I endorsed Romney in ’08 but I sure won’t be this time! I *had* to support Romney because by the time the primary came to IL, my favorite, Fred!, had dropped out. It was either Romney, McShamnesty, or nanny-stater Huckabee. I went, begrudgingly, with Romney. This year though I have a choice, not only of a coservative, but of a viable conservative in Perry.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on September 12, 2011 at 6:03 PM

sheryl on September 12, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Now, now, sheryl. ZPaw is not in da house.

MeatHeadinCA on September 12, 2011 at 6:05 PM

Aslans Girl on September 12, 2011 at 6:03 PMI went to the same process as you did in ’08-though by the time the circus hit Ill-annoyz it was all but over anyway.

annoyinglittletwerp on September 12, 2011 at 6:06 PM

1. Border Security
2. Illegal Immigration Policy

I’ll be waiting for your answers.

TheRightMan on September 12, 2011 at 5:29 PM

Romney vetoed in-state tuition for illegals in Massachusetts.

Romney not only wants a fence but is also adamant that we need a strong E-Verify policy. Perry until recently has wanted neither.

Nearly all of illegals in the Midwest and Northeast came via Texas, under Bush and Perry’s watch. The rest of the country has had enough.

haner on September 12, 2011 at 6:08 PM