Video: America needs jobs, not speeches

posted at 5:30 pm on September 7, 2011 by Tina Korbe

As Ed pointed out earlier, House Speaker John Boehner has played the president’s jobs speech well. Originally, when the president requested to speak before tonight’s debate, Ed and I said on TEMS that the president made a strategic error, essentially offering the GOP candidates the opportunity to rebut his speech for an entire hour and a half. I wondered why Boehner wanted to undo that opportunity by forcing Obama to address Congress tomorrow night, instead. But it’s all become pretty clear: Boehner has managed to make the president’s speech — what the White House has hyped as an address of great importance — appear insignificant. And, in fact, however stellar the sentiments the president expresses, however novel the ideas he espouses, his speech will still just be a speech. The below video from Sen. Jim DeMint’s office nicely summarizes the dismal economic information and broken promises from Democrats that underscore the simple, but ever salient point, that America needs jobs, not speeches.

Don’t miss Debbie Wasserman Schultz, starting at about 0:24, who, all evidence to the contrary, can’t seem to stop herself from touting the president’s failed stimulus!

Comments

hehe…Yea Obama really feels your pain. He is REALLY REALLY TRULY WORKING to lower the unemployment rate. Sure…you moderates keep waiting…I am sure he will get to it one of these years.

Right….

Anytime now…

No he isn’t a Marxist…he is just stupid…sure. He is sure beating the hell out of us for being so stupid.

We Are? Or Are The American People Stupid Enough to Fall For This Clown Twice?

PierreLegrand on September 7, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Hey you know what let’s elect someone who is moderate so that he will only do HALF the bad stuff that Obama is doing.

PierreLegrand on September 7, 2011 at 5:36 PM

great ad…the community organizer in chief

dippity do is so bloody clueless…wow

cmsinaz on September 7, 2011 at 5:37 PM

Excellent. This is so much better than a “response” to his little show tomorrow night.

UltimateBob on September 7, 2011 at 5:38 PM

So, why do you people keep putting interesting graphs as the picture for the post, but never actually include them in the post itself?

lorien1973 on September 7, 2011 at 5:39 PM

How about those 60K jobs in CO?

darwin-t on September 7, 2011 at 5:39 PM

DWS:

The Republicans can’t make up their own facts

We’ll leave that to you, darlin’.

faraway on September 7, 2011 at 5:40 PM

lorien1973 on September 7, 2011 at 5:39 PM

To keep the simpleminded amused.

darwin-t on September 7, 2011 at 5:41 PM

I hope DWS is on TV as much as possible…

d1carter on September 7, 2011 at 5:46 PM

What was What’s-her-name trying to say anyway? Did that make ANY sense… other than… you know, trying to say the Republicans are responsible for everything bad that happens in a jumble of words that made NO SENSE!

UnderstandingisPower on September 7, 2011 at 5:46 PM

The graph is in the video. It’s essentially the same as Geoff’s unemployment graph (commenter at Ace of Spade’s).

S. Weasel on September 7, 2011 at 5:53 PM

PierreLegrand on September 7, 2011 at 5:36 PM

Or let’s elect someone who is moderate so that he will only do the bad stuff that Obama is doing, HALF of the time?

Don L on September 7, 2011 at 5:53 PM

UnderstandingisPower on September 7, 2011 at 5:46 PM

It’s unverifiable spin that things would have gotten even worse and continued to get worse if not for the Recovery Act. Unfortunately for Debbie Downer, to sell the Recovery Act they made projections about what would happen without it, and the unemployment numbers blew through those projections. So either the Recovery Act is a failure or their projections were wildly inaccurate. Either way, why would you believe their projections of what is going to happen next?

Ted Torgerson on September 7, 2011 at 5:55 PM

I feel like I’ve heard this all before. Someone needs to get this guy some new technology.

BKeyser on September 7, 2011 at 5:55 PM

Broken record here: Everything Obama says is a lie.
It is just a coincidence that islam teaches that it is fine to lie to infidels.

GaltBlvnAtty on September 7, 2011 at 5:56 PM

“..we’re putting Americans to work doing the work that America needs done.”

–Obama (clip above)

First of all, who’s we? Secondly, if these words — spoken by Obama — damn Obama for what he is: a failed echo of FDR. Americans do not want to merely be “put to work”. We don’t want a handout, some CCC-like road crew chain-gain soup kitchen Tom Joad depression-era shittheel survival crapola like that.

We want to invent, create, construct, build, prosper. To extend the movie metaphor, compare and contrast Henry Fonda in Grapes of Wrath versus Gary Cooper in The Fountainhead.

He has N.F.C.; just get you and your administration and union thugs out of our way and let us do what Americans do best: thrive.

The War Planner on September 7, 2011 at 5:58 PM

Hahaha! Great ad!

tinkerthinker on September 7, 2011 at 5:58 PM

S. Weasel on September 7, 2011 at 5:53 PM

Are you aware that we have an A. Weasel?

Lanceman on September 7, 2011 at 6:00 PM

BKeyser on September 7, 2011 at 5:55 PM

..jeeeeeezzzz! Your work is tremendous! Consider me on of your biggest fans!

The War Planner on September 7, 2011 at 6:01 PM

Baloney is still baloney, no matter how you slice it.

(With apologies to Bologna.)

hillbillyjim on September 7, 2011 at 6:03 PM

At this point everyone knows they won’t be stellar or novel.

Just the same old, lame thoughts.

Infrastructure…Green…Congress needs to…I inherited…I have worked hard…I have conferred…I…I…I……………

INC on September 7, 2011 at 6:04 PM

What Obama really said….

“This was the moment when the rise of unemployment began and our jobs began to go overseas. This was the moment—this was the time—when we came together to remake this nation so that it may always reflect our very worse selves and our socialist ideals. Damn you, God damn you, and may God damn the United States of America.”

Kini on September 7, 2011 at 6:05 PM

I believe we have crossed paths, Lanceman. I have been S. Weasel for quite some time, however (subliminal message: check out my bllloooog).

S. Weasel on September 7, 2011 at 6:06 PM

check out my bllloooog).

S. Weasel on September 7, 2011 at 6:06 PM

Veddy intahresting.

Lanceman on September 7, 2011 at 6:20 PM

This is a link to my video response to President Obama’s “jobs plan”, taped a month BEFORE his speech.

Right now, if the Republican’s need a face for the Obama “job program” I volunteer, no matter how embarassing it is personally.

I sit here in a McDonald’s, taking a break from a job search, knowing I will lie awake tonight in my tent wishing someone would show my video to Obama and make him answer “why are Tom Bryant’s children sleeping in a tent.”

papabryant on September 7, 2011 at 6:27 PM

Gumby Botches Robbery Of San Diego 7-Eleven

film @ 11

Police say the clerk thought the robbery was a joke and didn’t report the incident until his boss saw the tape hours later.

J_Crater on September 7, 2011 at 6:53 PM

The big question I have is why does he have to wait over a week to tell us what his proposals are. He apparently already has them lined out in a speech so why wait?

Dannic on September 7, 2011 at 7:26 PM

Gumby Botches Robbery Of San Diego 7-Eleven

Another victim of Bush’s economy turns against society.

Socratease on September 7, 2011 at 7:30 PM

Any takers that the unemployment figures will be readjusted downwards after oboobi’s speech?

AH_C on September 7, 2011 at 7:41 PM

No matter how rotten my day was, a few seconds of Debbie and I feel fine.

Who needs Comedy Central?

BobMbx on September 7, 2011 at 9:05 PM

No matter how rotten my day was, a few seconds of Debbie and I feel fine.

Who needs Comedy Central?

BobMbx on September 7, 2011 at 9:05 PM

Is it possible that she is getting more stupid by the day? Listening to her lie in random patterns of disjointed sentences is all but impossible. She can’t have always sounded this moronic… Could she?

RalphyBoy on September 8, 2011 at 3:19 AM

Another 414,000 people hit the bricks last week:

dogsoldier on September 8, 2011 at 9:21 AM

Harry, I have a gift. I will use that gift until the peoples ears fall off.

Herb on September 8, 2011 at 9:38 AM

We Are? Or Are The American People Stupid Enough to Fall For This Clown Twice?

PierreLegrand on September 7, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Good point.

And, yes, indeed. This is the question.

From what I read coming from the Dem’s campaign machine they believe we are.

Lawrence on September 8, 2011 at 12:54 PM