Mila Kunis: I will forever be proud of my vote for Obama

posted at 6:10 pm on September 7, 2011 by Tina Korbe

She scored points with me when she accepted Sgt. Scott Moore’s invitation to the Marine Corps Ball, but, with her recent comments to the U.K.’s “Stylist” magazine, she lost that clout.

“I love Barack Obama, I voted for him and I will forever be proud of my vote,” she said, before defending his performance during the debt ceiling debate. “I know that he [Obama] tried. I know because you keep reading these reports of him trying to compromise with the Tea Party and the Republican Party and trying to come to a 50/50 agreement. I don’t think it was one. I feel the Democratic Party compromised everything and the Republican Party compromised pretty much nothing.”

Clearly, “these reports” she’s referring to came from limited sources. She’d've read a far different rendering of the debt drama if she had clicked on Hot Air a time or two.

But what really got my goat was the way she bashed Middle America. In a sequence of remarks in which she lamented the general lack of political knowledge among young people — and encouraged young voters to educate themselves simply by reading (a laudable sentiment) — she suggested folks in flyover country are less aware than those on the coasts.

She chided the younger generation for not reading books, the news, the paper, and then zoned in on “Middle America.” “So obviously you are incredibly ill-informed to the point where they will go do these tests in Middle America… And they’ll ask, ‘OK, what party are you?’ And they’ll say, ‘Republican.’ ‘Why?’ And they can’t even tell you. They have no idea what the Republican Party stands for. Why did I vote for Obama? I can tell you why I voted for him, what I agreed and disagreed with him on, for hours.”

Her advice for the youth of today: “Whoever you vote for, don’t do it just because. And don’t tell me it’s because of religion either because that whole thing is knocked completely out the window. So you better just educate yourself.”

I’ve been searching for these “tests” she refers to, but I’m having little success finding them. Still — let’s say Kunis is right and Middle America is less plugged into the national and international political scene than the coasts. I’d buy that for several reasons — the news media is concentrated on the coasts, the nation’s capital is on the East Coast and international travel is easier from the coasts. But, if that is true, in my observation, it’s at least as much because residents of “the rest of the country” are busy running businesses, raising families and going to church on Sunday as it is because they’re apathetic, as Kunis implies. But then, in Kunis’ opinion, religion is “knocked completely out the window” (by what she doesn’t say), so maybe the faithful should spend Sundays watching talk shows instead of listening to homilies to earn her esteem.

Additionally, anecdotally, I’ve met far more Southerners who’ve ventured to visit major cities on the seaboard than I’ve met coasters who’ve ventured to visit major cities in the Midwest and South. All of this is to say: the so-called “D.C. disconnect” probably does exist — but the disconnect goes both ways. That’s one reason I applauded House leadership’s decision to allow representatives more time in their home districts. Kunis might want to take her own advice and educate herself about what Middle America — and the Tea Party — actually stands for before she dismisses it out of hand.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Tina broke the Netwebs.

Could be worse, could be a giant pic of Pelosi or Murkzowkseiy.

mudskipper on September 7, 2011 at 6:37 PM

Well she’s got that right. The Tea Partiers wanted a Balanced Budget amendment, reduced debt, no deficit, and no need to increase the debt ceiling.

Obama wanted enough debt to get him through his 2012 election campaign, and maybe some tax increases.

Clearly the Tea party got everything (except what they actually wanted) and Obama got nothing (except his main issue).

Obama compromised to keep his required debt increase; and Republicans compromised… everything. Getting nothing from their list intact.

But yeah, I’m sure aside from being completely wrong on this she’s really smart and not just a pretty face who can memorize lines.

gekkobear on September 7, 2011 at 6:37 PM

I still love you Mila. Always will. If you need some comforting after Barry gets his ass handed to him in the next Presidential election give me a ring. I’ll be there for you.

Zetterson on September 7, 2011 at 6:39 PM

“What reports did you read?”
“What did the Democrats compromise?”
“What do you disagree with Obama on?”
“Why can’t religion play a role in what political party you belong to?”

Just once it would be nice if someone actually follow-up during an interview. There’d certainly be a lot more “Matt-Damon-in-the-headlights” videos out there.

Rude on September 7, 2011 at 6:40 PM

I don’t ask my gardener for his opinion on my tax returns.
I don’t ask my grocer for his opinion on my annual physical.
I don’t ask my mechanic for his opinion on my retirement planning.

Why in the world would I care what an actress thinks about running the nation?

SwampYankee on September 7, 2011 at 6:41 PM

isn’t she that gal that bedded Timberlake in that movie?

Not surprised she would reject Middle Earth America where all we Hobbits live.

Hey Meela or whatever your name is. Here in Possum Holler when your movie showed at the Multiplex people booed when you came on screen. Guess word got around to the 3 people that were at the showing. Consider your rejection returned by Flyover Country.

She’ prolly doesn’t doesn’t realize gals in Whorelywood are a dime a dozen.

Vanity Fair spread to save her career and get attention in 5…..4…..3…..

PappyD61 on September 7, 2011 at 6:42 PM

MILA SMASH!!!1!

OhioCoastie on September 7, 2011 at 6:42 PM

Mila Kunis: I will forever be proud of my vote for Obama

I’ll be proud of Playboy as soon as you’re in it.

joejm65 on September 7, 2011 at 6:43 PM

She is a hot little Russkie, so she is forgiven.

V-rod on September 7, 2011 at 6:43 PM

IRONY ALERT!!!!

In a sequence of remarks in which she lamented the general lack of political knowledge among young people.

PappyD61 on September 7, 2011 at 6:43 PM

I am the parent of 3 young adults. ALL of them are FAR more informed than ANYONE in Hollywood of any age. Despite their public school education, they actually have critical thinking skills and have no trouble distinguishing between The Zero and someone with actual experience and leadership skills.

Common Sense on September 7, 2011 at 6:36 PM

Good to hear. I was only blessed with one living child, but he’s an Old Soul for sure. He sees through the garbage in the PS system and he’s strong enough to stand on his own.

He does report that nobody in his school supports Obama and they literally deplore MO’s “healthy food initiative” where they’re handed turnip rinds in a school lunch line.

Yummy. Gimme some mo that Obama

Key West Reader on September 7, 2011 at 6:43 PM

Easy, the more government is involved with your life, the less freedoms you will enjoy.

Government should only protect us from our enemies, deliver mail (arguable) and provide a system of justice.

Researching prawns on treadmills is not the right role of government.

carbon_footprint on September 7, 2011 at 6:31 PM

Good answer!

I really like this part and will add the thought to my future conversations with my local leftists.

Thank you carbon_footprint!

wren on September 7, 2011 at 6:43 PM

She sounds just like Jackie from That 70`s show. See how well she does when Middle America sits out her films and t.v. shows.

ThePrez on September 7, 2011 at 6:44 PM

Only one way to settle this.

Tina and Mila in a mudwrestling competition.

May the best babe win.

swamp_yankee on September 7, 2011 at 6:44 PM

Dumb as a post, but I’d still hit it like the fist of an angry god. She’s smokin’ hot.

glockomatic on September 7, 2011 at 6:45 PM

She’s entitled to her opinion like anyone else. But good lands, who cares what an entertainer thinks about anything?

VerbumSap on September 7, 2011 at 6:46 PM

Saw her first time ever with that Marine date thing and was underwhelmed. Standards have gone way down in the kelcher. She’s about Valerie Bertinelli-level hot. Eh. Brains count for a lot. Who is today’s Grace Kelly, Catherine Deneuve, Faye Dunaway? Heck, who is today’s Terri Garr for that matter? I hate to be crotchety but the sum total of class possessed by the top 100 of these posing androids, male and female, wouldn’t fill a thimble.

curved space on September 7, 2011 at 6:46 PM

I still like Mila. She supports the troops and thats better than you can say for most on the left coast. Her comments about Obama and middle Ammerica are misinformed but that is the norm for most in Tinsel Town. That’s the sad fact.

dddave on September 7, 2011 at 6:47 PM

Tina. It’s not true.

Alana on September 7, 2011 at 6:48 PM

My nephew has a serious crush on her. Too bad, I like her also. Needs to spend more time listening to people or perhaps one of her future roles she may find out more of us than what she thinks.

ProudPalinFan on September 7, 2011 at 6:50 PM

So, does that mean she wants to see my O face?

lorien1973 on September 7, 2011 at 6:50 PM

Thank you carbon_footprint!

wren on September 7, 2011 at 6:43 PM

Thank you and I am glad you like it.

carbon_footprint on September 7, 2011 at 6:50 PM

Eh. I don’t care what a celeb’s political views are, at all.

changer1701 on September 7, 2011 at 6:52 PM

I guess Mila forgot about these enlightened Obama voters:

Watch How Obama Got Elected

bartonbulletin on September 7, 2011 at 6:52 PM

Thankfully, I’ve never heard of this person.

Urban Infidel on September 7, 2011 at 6:52 PM

On the plus side, what with Mila’s head being so far up she can give Obama early notification on any polyps that need taking care of.

whatcat on September 7, 2011 at 6:54 PM

Who is this silly b*tch? Just shag her and be done with it, guys. You don’t have to respect her after all.

Fortunata on September 7, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Well, that does it, Mila is not gonna have me to sleep with anymore … as soon as the holidays are over this year. Don’t want to break her heart this close to Christmas and New Year’s.

TXUS on September 7, 2011 at 6:57 PM

Relief, Little Mila not so scary.

carbon_footprint on September 7, 2011 at 6:58 PM

Mila continues to impress me with her spot on comedic skills and dead-pan delivery.
Well played Mila, Well played.

Koa on September 7, 2011 at 7:04 PM

There is a cure for an open mouth babbling such jejune drivel.

It’s a corker.

Of sorts.

profitsbeard on September 7, 2011 at 7:07 PM

ThePrez on September 7, 2011 at 6:44 PM

She deserves to be recognized for her accomplishments.

She was unknown prior to her founding.

She played a lead role on that 70′s Show, which was a hit.

She survived the cancellation of That 70′s show to do voice overs in several Disney productions.

I’m sorta proud of her. Not sure what the current obession is over Obama, other than Chicanery Chicago type of make or break you politics.

I hope she can grab hold of her integrity.

Key West Reader on September 7, 2011 at 7:08 PM

Shutup, Meg.

johnnymozart on September 7, 2011 at 7:09 PM

A note to Mila: When the captain of your boat is steering you directly over Niagra Falls, an equal compromise merely means you go over the falls a few seconds later than you otherwise would have. We are not interested in compromise. We want to reverse course and get safely to the shore.

ksm on September 7, 2011 at 7:11 PM

Milas who?

ObamatheMessiah on September 7, 2011 at 7:11 PM

Communism is only good when Obama is doing it. Not only when it is on paper. She must have a Friends with benefits with Obama or was that no strings attached.

tjexcite on September 7, 2011 at 7:13 PM

Just another brainless “starlet” tool that will be a has been before she becomes an adult. In her case, being an adult may be just wishful thinking. Of course she was saying this in England which will be the first nation to be taken over by the Muslims.. The Brits are suffering an incurable disease known as liberalism. Their days are numbered and they are so far gone as to realize it.

volsense on September 7, 2011 at 7:14 PM

Quick, ask her to name the three branches of government.

rogerb on September 7, 2011 at 7:14 PM

who is Mila Kunis and why do I give a rip?

ted c on September 7, 2011 at 7:16 PM

Her last name is a little too close to a Latin noun that I know of.

Special Forces Grunt on September 7, 2011 at 7:16 PM

I will be forever proud of my boycott of anything Hollywood and the detestable simpletons (even the hot ones) that inhabit that sewer.

sgtstogie on September 7, 2011 at 7:16 PM

Yeah, I suppose if more Middle Americans lived within Hollywood’s entitlement cocoon they’d be better informed like little Miss Mensa International here.

The Ugly American on September 7, 2011 at 7:17 PM

Her heart may be in the right place, but she’s still an airhead.

GarandFan on September 7, 2011 at 7:19 PM

So many fantasies shattered…alas.

Bee on September 7, 2011 at 7:19 PM

Why do people in Hollywood think they are so much more in tune with everything? It is the complete opposite. They live and work in a fantasy world. They have no clue how the real world works. Sure at some point early in their lives some of them did but the longer you stay in Hollywood the more disconnected from reality you become. Trust me, I used to live there and worked with many of these people. She has been in the industry since she was 14. Enough said.

The Notorious G.O.P on September 7, 2011 at 7:20 PM

So many fantasies shattered…alas.

Bee on September 7, 2011 at 7:19 PM

NOT MINE. I meant…conservative males. Just to clarify. ;)

Bee on September 7, 2011 at 7:20 PM

As Maxwell Smart might say: “Brilliant as a brick (and loving every minute of it.)

viking01 on September 7, 2011 at 7:24 PM

Obviously, she is not as smart as she thinks she is. She just irritated half her potential audience. That can’t be construed as an intelligent thing to do.

Wait. Maybe it is a sign of brilliance that she can recite liberal talking points for hours on end?

stvnscott on September 7, 2011 at 7:26 PM

and I am proud of you Mila. There is no better way to transform you voice to action than with your vote. Its the American way.

tom0508 on September 7, 2011 at 7:29 PM

Quick, ask her to name the three branches of government.
rogerb on September 7, 2011 at 7:14 PM

“Everyone knows it’s twigs, leaves and stems, Michael! Now where’s my mirror?”

whatcat on September 7, 2011 at 7:30 PM

Damn you Mila!!!

…Hell, i just can’t stay mad at you.

madne0 on September 7, 2011 at 7:31 PM

I know that he [Obama] tried.

A lot of people “try”, but the presidents position is for people who can “do”.
“Trying, there’s no trying in leadership”..in all due respects to Tom Hanks.

right2bright on September 7, 2011 at 7:34 PM

Reading such a dimwit belittle honest people like this is infuriating. I’d love to hear her reasons for voting for Obama. I bet they include “he’s black and he gives good speeches.” Her little rant should be repeated with an audience of a few mirrors.

tflst5 on September 7, 2011 at 7:35 PM

Come on Mila, don’t go all political on us. I hate hollywood actresses, actors who go all Sean Penn on America

JustJP on September 7, 2011 at 7:36 PM

Her little rant should be repeated with an audience of a few mirrors.
tflst5 on September 7, 2011 at 7:35 PM

The kind of audience dimwitted self-absorbed celebs love.

whatcat on September 7, 2011 at 7:37 PM

Democrats tried to go 50/50 on everything?

Democrats only began acknowledging Republicans when they got their collective azz handed to them in 2010. She’s young but she looks older than 18 months old to me.

DanMan on September 7, 2011 at 7:37 PM

Hey, let’s ask Jane Fonda what she thinks./

Buy Danish on September 7, 2011 at 7:39 PM

Lets all not be hatin oh Mila.

tom0508 on September 7, 2011 at 7:39 PM

“So Mila, 17th Amendment- good or bad, and why?”

- Nonexistent interviewer

rogerb on September 7, 2011 at 7:45 PM

Never ceases to amaze me, gorgeous, famous, reasonably talented and loved by 99% of movie going public and she just can’t resist talking down to and offending half of her audience.

I think it’s a deathwish of sorts (career wise) these dimwits have.

I saw a report today on some tweets and comments made by the lead actor in Entourage (Adrian Grenier, a huge Algore fan) and now I’ll never enjoy that show again either…..

Tim Zank on September 7, 2011 at 7:46 PM

Amjean on September 7, 2011 at 6:32 PM

I’ve been coming to this site for a few years now, there are plenty of young people who know who this is, and after the Marine Corps Ball invitation, she got plenty of coverage on this site and all over the internet. You’re right that most of us don’t care, but if she gets positive buzz for one thing, she should get negative buzz for these baseless attacks.

Daemonocracy on September 7, 2011 at 6:36 PM

Based on the demographics compiled on Hot Air’s polls, there
are more older people than younger on this site. Tina’s
Hot Air audience, therefore, proves my point.

Amjean on September 7, 2011 at 7:46 PM

Mila Kunis has a lot of reading that she needs to catch up on.

I would recommend that she start with The Gulag Archipelago by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn.

Followed by The Harvest of Sorrow: Soviet Collectivization and the Terror-Famine by Robert Conquest, or, if Mila’s English reading comprehension is not as good as her spoken English skills, any comprehensive Russian or Ukranian account of the Holomodor would do just as well.

After that, well … the list is practically endless …

RedPepper on September 7, 2011 at 7:49 PM

Shut up, Meg.

Good Solid B-Plus on September 7, 2011 at 7:50 PM

She played a self-important, delusional, airheaded brat in ‘That 70′s Show’ – so I guess life imitates art, after all.

That marine should publically stand her up at the ball. :)

theflyonthewall on September 7, 2011 at 7:50 PM

Another one of those cases of Beauty being skin deep.

chemman on September 7, 2011 at 7:52 PM

Here’s an idea Mila — go back to Russia & see if the politics is more to your liking there.

Dark Star on September 7, 2011 at 7:54 PM

But she is so damn cute.

tom0508 on September 7, 2011 at 7:55 PM

…And how can one have a conversation about such a vapid person like Barack Obama for hours and hours — unless it is to discuss what an idiot he is?

The War Planner on September 7, 2011 at 6:29 PM

Perfect!

Gang-of-One on September 7, 2011 at 7:57 PM

Dark Star on September 7, 2011 at 7:54 PM

Her family apparently fled Russia because of religious persecution. Turns out she’s one of, as Obama’s loving and tolerant pastor so succinctly put it, “them Jews.”

The mind reels at how well informed she is considers herself.

rogerb on September 7, 2011 at 7:59 PM

NoNails on September 7, 2011 at 6:36 PM

All I have read from her is fluff and feel good pieces. I usually skip whatever she writes when I think to look who the poster was beforehand.

thphilli on September 7, 2011 at 8:00 PM

When I was her age, I voted for Jimmy Carter, then educated myself in engineering, and learned that turning down the thermostat and wearing sweaters and kissing Soviet butt didn’t create jobs or put gasoline in the car, and that it’s extremely hard to buy a house with 20% mortgage rates. So I gave Reagan a chance, and he cut taxes, broke the unions and lifted the price ceiling on U.S. oil, and within two years it was morning in America, and within 9 years the Berlin Wall came down and Eastern Europe was free.

Maybe Miss Kunis will vote for Obama “just because”…he’s the first black President. Miss Kunis should educate herself about the Carter years (since she wasn’t born yet), and realize that Obama’s policies are SuperCarter, leading to SuperMalaise and SuperMiseryIndex, and that the way out is to vote for a candidate who will Do What Reagan Did.

Been there, done that!

Steve Z on September 7, 2011 at 8:07 PM

I hope she and Obama will be very happy together…just as soon as he leaves office January of 2013.

theotherone on September 7, 2011 at 8:07 PM

Why did I vote for Obama? I can tell you why I voted for him

You could tell us why you really voted for him, but I suspect you wouldn’t phrase it honestly.

There are two likely reasons, neither are valid reasons for that vote of which you are so proud.

RDuke on September 7, 2011 at 8:09 PM

Mila Merely Kunis Clueless.

hillbillyjim on September 7, 2011 at 8:10 PM

This just in! Airhead starlet is an airhead!

Tacitus on September 7, 2011 at 8:11 PM

What’s a Mila Kunis?

DrMagnolias on September 7, 2011 at 8:15 PM

When she grows up and gets a real job she’ll change her tune. That would be about the time she 35 and the offers for movies aren’t coming in anymore and she actually has to do something.

flytier on September 7, 2011 at 8:20 PM

I don’t know who this trollop is (presumably for failure to watch enough television), but her brains are obviously in her crotch.

She doesn’t know what she doesn’t know.

molonlabe28 on September 7, 2011 at 8:25 PM

I would wreck that chick.

xblade on September 7, 2011 at 8:26 PM

The Tea Party needs to do some outreach to Hollywood to counter the good work the Commies have done there for years. The left has methodically pursued control of the outlets of influence and information dissemination: the mainstream media, the schools, the universities, and the arts. They’ve made great progress, and we should be fighting back on all these fronts.

Cara C on September 7, 2011 at 8:27 PM

I’m very disappointed. I attempted to post a neutral, academic analysis of Ms. Kunis’ surname name from the original Ukrainian. Her first name is of no interest. My commentary did not appear here on HotAir. It was apparently censored. Guys, it is not wise to suppress linguistic experts in such a cavalier manner. I’m offering this for free.

A layman’s speculation about Ms.Kunis’ surname is likely accurate but it is rooted in centuries of Indo-European usage and not a current vulgar reference although that is inadvertently likely as well. The deeper meanings is a topic for a different post.

Mason on September 7, 2011 at 8:39 PM

Shut up and put on a skimpy bikini you silly ditz.

Alden Pyle on September 7, 2011 at 8:46 PM

Why is Tina posting this drivel?

gh on September 7, 2011 at 8:48 PM

“Why did I vote for Obama? I can tell you why I voted for him, what I agreed and disagreed with him on, for hours.”

Kunis interpretation, “Why did I vote for Obama? ‘Cuz he’s cool. You know, like, you know, ‘cuz he is! Dammit, you just better start reading HuffPo & watching more ‘Glee’… like get some education about the issues… like my BFF Paris Hilton!”

Danny on September 7, 2011 at 8:59 PM

“I know that he [Obama] tried. I know because you keep reading these reports of him trying to compromise with the Tea Party and the Republican Party and trying to come to a 50/50 agreement”

Something tells me Mila Kunis missed reading the reports of Barack Obama telling the GOP “I WON, so I trump you”. She also missed out on the Democrats shutting the GOP out of negotitations during Obama’s 1st year.

TN Mom on September 7, 2011 at 9:01 PM

Does anyone think Kunis could name 5 states from ‘middle America’, besides Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Montana & Sacramento?

This is what you get when you add a liberal actress, a lot of $$$, and ‘We Are the World’.

Danny on September 7, 2011 at 9:05 PM

Mila voted for a schmuck but at least she’s going to the Marine Corps Ball. The kid is alright!

MCGIRV on September 7, 2011 at 9:05 PM

Why did I vote for Obama? I can tell you why I voted for him,

You voted for Obama because in order to work in Hollywood, you need to toe the Liberal line or else you get blacklisted and stay unemployed.

I thought a girl who came from the Ukraine would know better than to support a party that resembles that which her family came to escape from.

RedRobin145 on September 7, 2011 at 9:06 PM

Wow, she’s a thinker that one. I want a t-shirt that says “Don’t vote just because.”

Bill Ramey on September 7, 2011 at 9:06 PM

Okay. So she’s a lovely Hollywood airhead. Nothing new there. Was there a reason anyone might have thought differently?

woodNfish on September 7, 2011 at 9:09 PM

I still love you Mila. Always will.

Yep…and you have as much a chance of sniffing her panties going by in a speeding laundry truck as her boyfriend Du jour does. Another empty headed flesh bag trying to beat Lindsey Lohan’s or Paris Hiltons significance on world matters.

In other words you empty headed wanna be blonde…..STFU!

Get bent and go away.

Twana on September 7, 2011 at 9:11 PM

Hmpf!! A hollyweird bisquit with no brains. That almost never happens.

44Magnum on September 7, 2011 at 9:20 PM

I’ve never understood why some people think she is attractive. This only makes it worse.

JellyToast on September 7, 2011 at 9:22 PM

Actually, it’s a good thing she is pretty, bless her heart.

Knott Buyinit on September 7, 2011 at 9:35 PM

Don’t know who she is. Don’t care who she is. Don’t care what she thinks. Don’t even know why I’m commenting.

SukieTawdry on September 7, 2011 at 9:36 PM

I base all my opinions on those of actors and rock stars; young people who had some sort of talent and were in the right place at the right time and then suddenly thrust into the spotlight, accumulating vast wealth in a short period of time, did not graduate high school but have traveled the world, viewing it through the windows of 5 star hotels. When they talk, I listen…

yubley on September 7, 2011 at 9:59 PM

viewing it through the windows of 5 star hotels

No…viewing it over the navel of an “established” hollywood “starlet maker”, whore monger of a studio talent scout, most likely.

I’m sure this bubble head has some videos floating around of her incredible talents of straw sucking.

An airhead without even a GED but has a great looking camel toes is all it takes for..SUCK-sess…in Hollywood.

Twana on September 7, 2011 at 10:06 PM

I do know of what I speak, though I will offer no proof, so as to avoid stalkers and visitors to my house, but let me reason with you all the same. About a phenomenon I still cannot grasp with anything approaching logic.

People are born, grown up (at least physically) and choose a line of work (those who do work)(in some cases, it’s chosen for them by circumstances but the analysis still holds).

They work at some chosen craft, skill, labor or profession.

Farmer
Pilot
Teacher
Tax Lawyer
Prison Guard
Harbor Pilot
Actor
Coal Miner
Nuclear Physicist
Concert Pianist
Photographer
John Deere Sales Rep

Jobs, all of them.

I submit to you that choice of actor as your job does not bestow upon you any special insight into anything other than what you do for a living. I would even suggest that, as a group, actors are more screwed up than most people (some would suggest that the less normal, the better at their craft but that’s not settled). However, it isn’t necessary to denigrate them. They have a right to their opinions, just as does everyone else.

But, their opinions are not particularly special, better thought out, or more meaningful than those of the man in the moon. Or, at least the Physicist. And I also happen to know more than one Physicist who see Barack Obama for the PR creation that he is, who are at least as informed as is Ms. Kunis and maybe almost as smart.

I mean, it doesn’t take an actor to figure that one out.

Folks, believe me, many of these people are getting their news from Bill Maher. They are not, as a group, all that bright.

But, to be fair, let’s just disagree on policy. I won’t call actors deluded children if they won’t call the John Deere sales rep stupid.

After all, shouldn’t we be debating ideas, and not IQ’s?

IndieDogg on September 7, 2011 at 10:21 PM

Why do people who make their living selling their own likeability deliberately alienate half their market? It’s stupid.

I never can wrap my mind around that one. I mean, I can’t be bothered to boycott these idiots, but I find that when I KNOW they’re morons.. I just don’t enjoy their performances anymore.
And Ms. Kunis won’t be enjoying my dollar again.

Murf76 on September 7, 2011 at 11:09 PM

Who gives a rat’s backside what that babbling, ignorant little twit thinks?

rplat on September 7, 2011 at 11:09 PM