Mila Kunis: I will forever be proud of my vote for Obama

posted at 6:10 pm on September 7, 2011 by Tina Korbe

She scored points with me when she accepted Sgt. Scott Moore’s invitation to the Marine Corps Ball, but, with her recent comments to the U.K.’s “Stylist” magazine, she lost that clout.

“I love Barack Obama, I voted for him and I will forever be proud of my vote,” she said, before defending his performance during the debt ceiling debate. “I know that he [Obama] tried. I know because you keep reading these reports of him trying to compromise with the Tea Party and the Republican Party and trying to come to a 50/50 agreement. I don’t think it was one. I feel the Democratic Party compromised everything and the Republican Party compromised pretty much nothing.”

Clearly, “these reports” she’s referring to came from limited sources. She’d’ve read a far different rendering of the debt drama if she had clicked on Hot Air a time or two.

But what really got my goat was the way she bashed Middle America. In a sequence of remarks in which she lamented the general lack of political knowledge among young people — and encouraged young voters to educate themselves simply by reading (a laudable sentiment) — she suggested folks in flyover country are less aware than those on the coasts.

She chided the younger generation for not reading books, the news, the paper, and then zoned in on “Middle America.” “So obviously you are incredibly ill-informed to the point where they will go do these tests in Middle America… And they’ll ask, ‘OK, what party are you?’ And they’ll say, ‘Republican.’ ‘Why?’ And they can’t even tell you. They have no idea what the Republican Party stands for. Why did I vote for Obama? I can tell you why I voted for him, what I agreed and disagreed with him on, for hours.”

Her advice for the youth of today: “Whoever you vote for, don’t do it just because. And don’t tell me it’s because of religion either because that whole thing is knocked completely out the window. So you better just educate yourself.”

I’ve been searching for these “tests” she refers to, but I’m having little success finding them. Still — let’s say Kunis is right and Middle America is less plugged into the national and international political scene than the coasts. I’d buy that for several reasons — the news media is concentrated on the coasts, the nation’s capital is on the East Coast and international travel is easier from the coasts. But, if that is true, in my observation, it’s at least as much because residents of “the rest of the country” are busy running businesses, raising families and going to church on Sunday as it is because they’re apathetic, as Kunis implies. But then, in Kunis’ opinion, religion is “knocked completely out the window” (by what she doesn’t say), so maybe the faithful should spend Sundays watching talk shows instead of listening to homilies to earn her esteem.

Additionally, anecdotally, I’ve met far more Southerners who’ve ventured to visit major cities on the seaboard than I’ve met coasters who’ve ventured to visit major cities in the Midwest and South. All of this is to say: the so-called “D.C. disconnect” probably does exist — but the disconnect goes both ways. That’s one reason I applauded House leadership’s decision to allow representatives more time in their home districts. Kunis might want to take her own advice and educate herself about what Middle America — and the Tea Party — actually stands for before she dismisses it out of hand.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Tina broke Hot Air again!!!!

carbon_footprint on September 7, 2011 at 6:11 PM

So proud she’s taken over the HA front page!!!

Sarjex on September 7, 2011 at 6:12 PM

deja vu

carbon_footprint on September 7, 2011 at 6:12 PM

She does speak Russian

Kini on September 7, 2011 at 6:12 PM

Mila Kunis: I’m proud, I’m BIG.

carbon_footprint on September 7, 2011 at 6:12 PM

My, what a big head you’ve got, Mila. And the photo’s too big, also.

kingsjester on September 7, 2011 at 6:13 PM

FUMK

The Mega Independent on September 7, 2011 at 6:13 PM

I love Barack Obama, I voted for him and I will forever be proud of my vote

Great. When I’m searching for grubs or tidying up my cardboard box I’ll try to keep that in mind.

darwin on September 7, 2011 at 6:13 PM

I have a big crush on Tina. Everytime she posts it magically appears much larger to me.

William Amos on September 7, 2011 at 6:13 PM

Full body shot please

darwin on September 7, 2011 at 6:13 PM

I wouldn’t expect anything less from her.

ButterflyDragon on September 7, 2011 at 6:14 PM

She was an immigrant, from Ukraine? Unfortunately, she was raised inside the bubble of Hollywood and has been successfully indoctrinated by the liberal scum.

carbon_footprint on September 7, 2011 at 6:14 PM

She’s a dope. And yet, I don’t mind her picture being that large for some reason.

DrAllecon on September 7, 2011 at 6:14 PM

could this be the start of a new trend at HA? Massive jpegs of hot betties? I heartily approve.

sbvft contributor on September 7, 2011 at 6:14 PM

Tina’s posts are more important. That’s why they are 3 times as big.

portlandon on September 7, 2011 at 6:14 PM

IIRC, she’s a commie plant from the USSR.

sbvft contributor on September 7, 2011 at 6:15 PM

She dates Big Head Todd.

John the Libertarian on September 7, 2011 at 6:16 PM

Oh, God, if I had to listen to her talk about how much she lurves Obama for hours, I’d jump out a window.

Oh, who am I trying to kid? I’d sit there and say “me, too!” and try to work it to my advantage.

Kensington on September 7, 2011 at 6:16 PM

Hey Jackie, Kelso’s calling.

Del Dolemonte on September 7, 2011 at 6:16 PM

1979: Jessica Lange: “I will forever be proud of my vote for Carter.”

carbon_footprint on September 7, 2011 at 6:16 PM

wow…talk about delusional…

*shaking the head*

cmsinaz on September 7, 2011 at 6:16 PM

She is one beautiful moron.

portlandon on September 7, 2011 at 6:17 PM

this is quite the crew commenting here.

rob verdi on September 7, 2011 at 6:17 PM

Mila’s trying to get her liberal Hollywood cred back. Sad.

Fallon on September 7, 2011 at 6:17 PM

IIRC, she’s a commie plant from the USSR.

sbvft contributor on September 7, 2011 at 6:15 PM

In Soviet Union you dont post a thread the thread posts YOU !

William Amos on September 7, 2011 at 6:17 PM

This girl has taken about as many “tests” as her sweet heat, Obama. And apparently done as about as well.

pat on September 7, 2011 at 6:17 PM

Mila, Mila, Mila. From what I just read, it’s YOU that’s uneducated. Good lord, what a stupid imbecile. I sure hope the Marines give you a lesson at the dance. That or I hope Sgt. Moore dumps your sorry butt for a classier date.

capejasmine on September 7, 2011 at 6:17 PM

It appears that playing the character of Jackie in That 70s Show wasn’t a stretch for her.

kingsjester on September 7, 2011 at 6:18 PM

She should stick to acting.

And kissing Natalie Portman.

blatantblue on September 7, 2011 at 6:19 PM

Cute kid, doesn’t mean there’s anything upstairs. Maybe she senses that she has that in common with little Bammie.

slickwillie2001 on September 7, 2011 at 6:19 PM

Mmmmm MMMMmmmm MMMMMMM!!

Schweggie on September 7, 2011 at 6:19 PM

I’ll take my HotAir with less HuffPo, please.

Marcus on September 7, 2011 at 6:19 PM

To be honest, I don’t even know who the hell she.

darwin on September 7, 2011 at 6:19 PM

Mila, go and eat a plate of waffles — with extra syrup and butter.

Rinse; repeat.

While you’re at it, go and get yourself deprogrammed from your Hollywood indoctrination, then get back to us. Maybe we’ll listen, if you don’t sound completely idiodic as you do here.

Maybe.

Meanwhile, keep enjoying making a killing by baring your bony ass.

Buh bye.

hillbillyjim on September 7, 2011 at 6:19 PM

She’s not too hard to look at, she sure is hard to listen to.

darwin-t on September 7, 2011 at 6:20 PM

And anyway, from what I’ve read the number one movie actor right now, Angelina Jolie, from what has been reported – is quite the Obama non-fan.

Marcus on September 7, 2011 at 6:20 PM

Aw. I have a soft spot for really beautiful girls who are dumb.

John the Libertarian on September 7, 2011 at 6:20 PM

“To your feet miss…

… they are almost as big as your mouth!”

Seven Percent Solution on September 7, 2011 at 6:21 PM

Well she’s half right. Anyone that voted for McCain or Obama hasn’t been paying attention.

Benaiah on September 7, 2011 at 6:21 PM

“I love Barack Obama, I voted for him and I will forever be proud of my vote,”

Says a twit which escaped a former communist nest. She deserves the gulag, not Hollywood. Oh, the irony that surrounds such idiocy.

Schadenfreude on September 7, 2011 at 6:21 PM

Whoa! She really has a big head…. Literally…

sandee on September 7, 2011 at 6:21 PM

I don’t know this person

deedtrader on September 7, 2011 at 6:21 PM

The only thing worse than an old idiot liberal from hollywood is a young idiot liberal that hasn’t a clue what they are talking about. I sure to take advice from a little tart that probably hasn’t read anything other than vogue or the LA times. I could thing of a half dozen 6th graders that know more about politics than she ever will. I always figured that she was dumb as a box of rocks and now she opened her mouth and proved it.

jistincase on September 7, 2011 at 6:21 PM

Like, um, she seems like she’s really really smart or something. Ya know?

Cicero43 on September 7, 2011 at 6:22 PM

Aw. I have love a soft spot for in really beautiful girls who are dumb.

John the Libertarian on September 7, 2011 at 6:20 PM

Schadenfreude on September 7, 2011 at 6:23 PM

Really? She chides middle America for their ignorance when all she can do is parrot Huff Po talking points? Laughable.

PrincipleStand on September 7, 2011 at 6:23 PM

To be honest, I don’t even know who the hell she.

darwin on September 7, 2011 at 6:19 PM

Neither do I.

Knucklehead on September 7, 2011 at 6:23 PM

She’s cute and stupid. She could write a best seller for her peers titled “Like politics and stuff for dummies”

Don L on September 7, 2011 at 6:23 PM

It’s the Hollywood formula 1. Make statements displaying ignorance of the issues. 2. Lecture others about how they need to be more ‘educated’.

Kinda boring.

forest on September 7, 2011 at 6:24 PM

stu*pid adj 1 unintelligent; slow-witted; foolish. 2 typical of stupid persons, 3 uninteresting or boring 4 said of young Hollywood actresses and actors.

MikeHu on September 7, 2011 at 6:24 PM

The picture is so big that I can see two cowboy dandruff flakes.
“There is not enough room for the two of us in these here parts.”

carbon_footprint on September 7, 2011 at 6:24 PM

Coming soon to a theater near you:

Attack of the (Really Stupid, But Goodlookin’) 50-Ft. Woman

Naturally Curly on September 7, 2011 at 6:24 PM

Who is Mila Kunis? Why should I care about her political opinions?

ProfessorMiao on September 7, 2011 at 6:25 PM

This is garbage.

lexhamfox on September 7, 2011 at 6:25 PM

At least it wasn’t a big picture of Karl Rove. Small favors.

What is it with these starlets who think they have to barf out their political views and insult half their possible customer base? Definitely a difference between the class of someone like Paul Newman versus these bozos.

We’re already smarter than them – we know better than to insult half our potential customer base.

Oh well. More money for other things. Another one to seriously consider before buying a ticket. Missed a lot of movies this summer.

kim roy on September 7, 2011 at 6:25 PM

Who is this lovely lass and why should I care what she thinks?

Ace ODale on September 7, 2011 at 6:25 PM

Still, she’s not saying anything dumber than Meghan McCain writes.

Kensington on September 7, 2011 at 6:25 PM

I know because you keep reading these reports of him trying to compromise

She needs to talk to her parents about believing what you read in party-affiliated publications.

malclave on September 7, 2011 at 6:26 PM

Another Hollywood moron.

Like all the others, they spend their lives portraying other people; they have no real life of their own so to feel relevant or edgy or whatever, spout off the latest liberal drivel they heard or read from the NYT or LA Times, etc.

catmman on September 7, 2011 at 6:27 PM

And there’s the problem. She “feels” (think superficially) rather than thinks critically.

Typical Hollywood.

irishspy on September 7, 2011 at 6:27 PM

Really BIG star?

cs89 on September 7, 2011 at 6:27 PM

OK in the grand spector of what matters in this country, WHAT is a MILA KUNIS? and how is is that I should care???

SDarchitect on September 7, 2011 at 6:27 PM

Mila, Leno asks morons on the street who the VP of the U.S. is, in NYC. They are clueless.

Hollywood is full of clueless liberals.

Too bad she can stay in the U.S. She s/b punished to her former ‘heaven’.

Schadenfreude on September 7, 2011 at 6:27 PM

Is Mila one of the Moderators for the debate tonight?

kingsjester on September 7, 2011 at 6:28 PM

Is this vacuous child the official Democratic party theologian?

Don L on September 7, 2011 at 6:28 PM

Never heard of this gal, but if she voted for bho she is someone I don’t care to know. Gal, hope you aren’t in the 150k+ that bho is going to go after you on taxes. Oh dear, you get your waiver?
L

letget on September 7, 2011 at 6:28 PM

Sadly, young Mila is probably right about her perception that people don’t know what the Republican Party stands for and can’t tell you why they are Republicans.

We all need to get better at articulating our political beliefs so we can clearly explain them to other people – especially the young ones.

For example: I am a Republican because I believe in strong national defense, small limited government and personal responsibility.

I hope Mila meets lots of Conservatives/Republicans who can explain their political beliefs to her when she attends the Marine Corps Ball.

How would you explain your political beliefs to Mila to help her see the light?

Election season is coming! Get ready to explain over and over again why people should vote for the Conservatives/Republican candidates in 2012.

wren on September 7, 2011 at 6:28 PM

Amazing. She sounds incredibly elitist – without saying a single specific thing.

She really IS a “Liberal”.

Maybe she needs to live in Russia for a couple decades to give her some appreciation for how lucky she is to live here, and how lucky we ALL are for the Constitution.

KMC1 on September 7, 2011 at 6:28 PM

Leno asks those in LA too. Maybe others do the asking on the East Coast, for same results.

Schadenfreude on September 7, 2011 at 6:28 PM

This generation of Hollywood stars is the most disappointing group ever.
No talent, no class, no character.

The golden age is over.

carbon_footprint on September 7, 2011 at 6:28 PM

Her statement tells you all you need to know about her intelligence and wisdom.

Tina, that is not only incredibly patronizing, but silly. Are you saying that people in the Midwest and flyover country have no access to TV, news or the internet, and if they do they either can’t read or they keep their head in the sand? It’s called O’Hare International Airport, Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, etc., for a reason, don’t you know.

You’ve been in D.C. too long if you think this way.

INC on September 7, 2011 at 6:29 PM

Boycott her ‘art’.

Schadenfreude on September 7, 2011 at 6:29 PM

..there’s her problem: projection. seriously, how many people have you all bumped into who are Republican or conservative (I know, I know) who have difficulty articulating the reason for their political beliefs — particularly young people where being conservative requires more than just going along with their peers?

And how can one have a conversation about such a vapid person like Barack Obama for hours and hours — unless it is to discuss what an idiot he is?

The War Planner on September 7, 2011 at 6:29 PM

Who is this lovely lass and why should I care what she thinks?

Ace ODale on September 7, 2011 at 6:25 PM

You shouldn’t. She played Ashton Kutcher’s gf in “That 70′s Show.” Pretty much tells you all you need to know.

Erich66 on September 7, 2011 at 6:29 PM

Shut up, Meg!

lorien1973 on September 7, 2011 at 6:29 PM

Is Mila one of the Moderators for the debate tonight?

kingsjester on September 7, 2011 at 6:28 PM

I am waiting for them to ask Tina to moderate a debate. She would get them all big podiums, Big Telepromptors and ask them big questions.

William Amos on September 7, 2011 at 6:29 PM

Pinky Korbe and the Brain: “What are we going to do today?

Same thing we do every day- Plot to take over the world screen!”

cs89 on September 7, 2011 at 6:29 PM

Why, bless her little heart! (code for “what a dimwit”)

Amjean on September 7, 2011 at 6:30 PM

Maybe they Keloed her test tube?

Don L on September 7, 2011 at 6:30 PM

I don’t know who Mila Kunis is, but I bet she doesn’t have so much as a certificate from Devry.

flyfisher on September 7, 2011 at 6:31 PM

Shutup, Meg.

mudskipper on September 7, 2011 at 6:31 PM

How would you explain your political beliefs to Mila to help her see the light?

Easy, the more government is involved with your life, the less freedoms you will enjoy.

Government should only protect us from our enemies, deliver mail (arguable) and provide a system of justice.

Researching prawns on treadmills is not the right role of government.

carbon_footprint on September 7, 2011 at 6:31 PM

To be honest, I don’t even know who the hell she.

darwin on September 7, 2011 at 6:19 PM

She started out as airhead Jackie Burkhart on “That 70′s Show”.

Del Dolemonte on September 7, 2011 at 6:31 PM

Tina, a word of advice – look at your polls and determine
the age of your “audience”.

Most of them do not know who this person is, and other than
looking at a glam photo, don’t really care.

Amjean on September 7, 2011 at 6:32 PM

Another Hollywood ditz like Megan Fox bashing Middle America.

Funny how she just throws religion right out the window, I suppose it is much easier to just dismiss other people’s whole value system instead of trying to understand it.

Daemonocracy on September 7, 2011 at 6:32 PM

Biiiiig pic, again?

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on September 7, 2011 at 6:34 PM

My biggest schadenfreude is that the world got what it asked for, Obama, the malicious Dummy.

Schadenfreude on September 7, 2011 at 6:34 PM

As if liberalism itself isn’t a religion for most of these dimwits.

Kensington on September 7, 2011 at 6:35 PM

She’s so pretty now.

Airbrushing has gone from flea market (where she came from) to Hollywood where she’s squatting now).

Duck pants. Supporting a lame duck. Okay, it’s all good.

Key West Reader on September 7, 2011 at 6:35 PM

Schadenfreude on September 7, 2011 at 6:29 PM

I’ve been unknowingly doing that for years, lol!

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on September 7, 2011 at 6:35 PM

I’m sorry. We’re using valuable server space on hot air covering the opinions of the flash-in-the-pan twit for what reason?

IronDioPriest on September 7, 2011 at 6:35 PM

I don’t know who in the world this is but can care less,it just shows another sheep that followed the clueless crowd.

ohiobabe on September 7, 2011 at 6:35 PM

Amjean on September 7, 2011 at 6:32 PM

Good advice. I do not give a flit what some twinkie did or did not do.

letget on September 7, 2011 at 6:35 PM

Don’t listen to the others, Tina! More glam photos of hot Eurobabes!

Kensington on September 7, 2011 at 6:36 PM

I was first introduced to Mila Kunis in her appalling role in the appalling movie Black Swan – pure garbage. I’m not surprised she’s the usually Hollywood airhead.

I am the parent of 3 young adults. ALL of them are FAR more informed than ANYONE in Hollywood of any age. Despite their public school education, they actually have critical thinking skills and have no trouble distinguishing between The Zero and someone with actual experience and leadership skills.

Common Sense on September 7, 2011 at 6:36 PM

Funny. I don;t usually pay attention when prostitutes talk.

Warner Todd Huston on September 7, 2011 at 6:36 PM

Geez, Tina. Please don’t become the Laura Donovan (Daily Caller) of HA. More substance, less fluff please.

NoNails on September 7, 2011 at 6:36 PM

And don’t get too enamored with the smoking hot looks guys. The countdown to babushka granny is already underway. The transformation occurs virtually overnight.

forest on September 7, 2011 at 6:36 PM

Amjean on September 7, 2011 at 6:32 PM

I’ve been coming to this site for a few years now, there are plenty of young people who know who this is, and after the Marine Corps Ball invitation, she got plenty of coverage on this site and all over the internet. You’re right that most of us don’t care, but if she gets positive buzz for one thing, she should get negative buzz for these baseless attacks.

Daemonocracy on September 7, 2011 at 6:36 PM