New tone: I stand by my remarks about tea-party racists, says Andre Carson

posted at 9:19 pm on August 31, 2011 by Allahpundit

He didn’t mean all tea partiers, silly. He meant a nameless, faceless “some,” much as Obama insisted repeatedly during his bus tour that there are “some” in Congress who care more about party than country without ever getting around to identifying them. Much as I might say there are “some” Democratic leaders so low-rent that they’d happily demagogue their opponents in the cheapest, most toxic ways to gain political advantage.

No no, just kidding about that last part. Pretty much all Democrat leaders are that low-rent.

“Well, I wasn’t talking about the entire tea party. I think the tea party is absolutely right when they call for increased transparency in government, when they call for a cutback on excessive government spending. I am deeply concerned about some elements of the tea party who are extremist and who have reflected a mentality going back to the John Birch society, going back to George Wallace’s Dixiecrats,” Carson said…

And earlier Wednesday, Jason Tomsci, a Carson aide, said the congressman’s sentiments were valid. “Members of the tea party are holding up a lot of things that the president wants to do and want to gut critical services and programs that they know are important to African Americans as well as Latinos and other minorities,” Tomsci said…

“I stand on the truth of what I spoke,” he said. “My intentions weren’t to hurt anyone or any group. I wanted to speak to the issues that concern me and the philosophical issues that concern me as it relates to certain leadership within the tea party organization, not the entire tea party, but certain elements that have concerned me deeply and for quite some time that I think should really re-evaluate what it means to be an American and we shouldn’t go along the path of taking America back to the ‘good old days’ because those days were not good for everyone.”

If tepid support for programs favored by the Congressional Black Caucus is the new hallmark of racism, then do I have a racist for you. And before you ask, no, of course no one in the Democratic leadership has challenged Carson on what he said yet. I told you I wasn’t kidding when I said they’re all that low-rent.

Allen West, incidentally, has sent a letter to the leadership of the CBC demanding that they condemn Carson and Maxine Waters for race-baiting or else he might have to quit the group. Exit quotation: “All of us, especially Congressman Carson, Congresswoman Waters and others who have engaged in racially-motivated rhetoric, should follow the example of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., not the example of Reverend Jeremiah Wright.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

This guy is actually pretty funny. He puts me in mind of Richard Prior’s smash hit third comedy album. Now that was funny!

Mason on September 1, 2011 at 12:01 AM

Prior=Pryor. Sorry for the typo.

Mason on September 1, 2011 at 12:03 AM

I wasn’t a racists…

… until I was unfairly called one.

Don’t you just love the “Law of Unintended Consequences“…?

Seven Percent Solution on September 1, 2011 at 12:09 AM

Csharge of racism, the last refuge of the logically repressed and the emotionally expressed…

Gohawgs on September 1, 2011 at 12:44 AM

“Charges”…

Gohawgs on September 1, 2011 at 12:47 AM

I say give bigots like this guy all the rope they need, and they will hang themselves with their own words.

Christien on August 31, 2011 at 9:28 PM

Yup, and this is why the dems/libs are going to lose big in the next election!

yubley on September 1, 2011 at 12:49 AM

I would suggest that these CBC Leaders tone it down,, Way Down before they loose what little credibility they may have had.

This is not a Racial issue,, never was.
It’s an accountability issue.
A growing majority of the American Tax payers, All Colors, Races and Religions, are growing tired of having their hard earned money spent in support of corrupt labor unions, failed social experiments that produce no results and improve no one’s way of life and perverted programs that do nothing more than corrupt the morals and ideals that this nation was founded on.

I, just as many Americans, have no problem giving a hand up to those who are down on their luck, but I, just as a growing number of Americans, are growing tired of giving a HAND OUT to those who refuse to work and be a Productive Member of the American Society.

For far too long, has the American Taxpayer subsidized the behavior of those Sub-Citizens who only take from the American Dream and give nothing to it.

If every American is to enjoy the birthright of American Freedom, then Every American should be required to shoulder the responsibilities that come with that Freedom.

For far too long has our Public Schools been in decline because of Teacher Labor Unions that have more political pull and less accountability for their student’s grades.
I will admit that many parents can be blamed also for this decline, but as I stated before, There are Responsibilities that come in being an American and being a Parent.

For far too long have some in our society grown expectant on the Charity of the American Tax Payer..
Health Care is not a RIGHT, it is a privilege to those who pay for it.
When a “FOR PROFIT” Health Care system is Federally Mandated to provide “FREE” Health Care for those who will not pay, nor will attempt to pay for services rendered, it will collapse upon the weight on the multitude who refuse to pay.
No,, I don’t believe any American should be turned away from health care, but I also don’t believe those who will not pay should be treated at a FOR PROFIT Medical Center. Let them participate in the OBAMACARE fiasco.. And yes, this should be ran in a very frugal and financially efficient manner. In other words,, Hospital WARDS not Rooms, where the many can be treated as efficiently as possible.
After a trip or two into this system, many would choose to invest part of their income into a Health Care Insurance Plan, so they can be treated in a FOR PROFIT Hospital.

No,, Congressional Black Caucus,, this is not racist..
But by insinuating that it is, YOU YOURSELVES have proven to all that YOU in fact are the Biggest Racists in this country!!
Not All Blacks are Unemployed or require government assistance. But you make it sound like all Blacks are..

THIS IS BACKFIRING ON THOSE WHO HAVE USED HATE AS A CURRENCY TO BUY THEMSELVES INTO POWER..
This will bring the down in the end..

AMERICA HAS OUTGROWN THIS TYPE OF CHILDISHNESS..

Delta Wild Man on September 1, 2011 at 12:49 AM

…and you are still THE racist.

tx2654 on September 1, 2011 at 12:52 AM

“You want to see me dead, don’t you? Don’t you?? DON’T YOU!!!!???”

uhhh, maybe!! OK, YES.

leftnomore on September 1, 2011 at 12:58 AM

The sad thing is that people who don’t pay attention to the truth fall prey to these things, especially minorities. I don’t mean to bring religion into it at all, but there’s a damn good reason why G-d says to seek wisdom at all time and to not be deceived. I wouldn’t say any of this if I didn’t see it in my own friends here. It gets damn hard to convince them when they take this kind of shite they’re putting out as the truth. The White House/Think Progress talking points do get out there among the young folk. I fear that we have a lot farther to go to turn this around than most would believe

specialkayel on September 1, 2011 at 1:02 AM

This dude looks really stupid.

Schadenfreude on September 1, 2011 at 1:21 AM

Schadenfreude on September 1, 2011 at 1:22 AM

Congressman Carson could have made his entire statement in four words:

“Pay up or else”

The Congressional Black Caucus is a shakedown machine.

JEM on September 1, 2011 at 1:26 AM

Lets see his IQ and grades. Another Obama clone. When you are a moron shout…..race.

pat on September 1, 2011 at 1:37 AM

People like Allen West are the best thing going in this country for race relations.

OxyCon on September 1, 2011 at 1:44 AM

Andre Carson is a Racist’s Racist… It’s all he’s got.

RalphyBoy on September 1, 2011 at 1:55 AM

I AGREE 200% WITH THE ABOVE ALAN WEST STATEMENT…

Panentheist on September 1, 2011 at 2:02 AM

Move along…Absolutely nothing to see here.

Fuquay Steve on September 1, 2011 at 4:33 AM

I don’t care how vile he is, he will be reelected by the racists of the inner city of Indy because he gets over on the man. Of course, that makes me a racist for saying this, but so what? That epithet has all the impact of a cotton ball fired from a drink straw. Bring it. I grew tired of tip-toeing around the truth years ago.

SKYFOX on September 1, 2011 at 6:10 AM

He meant a nameless, faceless “some,”

Man up, pu$$y.

Then again, it takes trash to represent trash, and I guess that now describes the average Indianapolis resident. Another American city lost to the feral animals.

MNHawk on September 1, 2011 at 6:30 AM

By the way, where is the self-described “leader” of the tea party? This is your chance to lead, Michele Bachmann. Do you want to stay in the running for President? Now is your chance. If you let this one slide, your candidacy deserves to be over.

MNHawk on September 1, 2011 at 6:32 AM

It would be up to the party leadership to scold these half-wits, privately if need be. That would be like…Little Debbie Wattageless-Schultz calling this Carson guy on the carpet. Yuh. That’ll happen.

curved space on September 1, 2011 at 6:53 AM

He is a despicable liar………

……he fits in well with the other members of the Dems Slave Supervisors in the CBC.

How tragic for what was once a great community of just plain unhyphenated Americans.

Just think what might have happened if LBJ hadn’t been able to enslave millions anew with Welfare and other benefits in 1965.

Sad.

PappyD61 on September 1, 2011 at 6:59 AM

Let’s just call it as it is seen. If there are any racists here, it is Andre Carson and he alone.

pilamaye on September 1, 2011 at 7:25 AM

The ‘new tone’ is the same old dial tone.

Nothing more and nothing less.

The system is working but they no longer have anyone that they can call.

ajacksonian on September 1, 2011 at 7:36 AM

It figures. When all else fails, scream “theydid this because I’m Black”. I can get anything for free, without workiing for it or earning it on my own. I want all the rights in the world and NO responsibility. Blah, blah, blah. I am so sick of this crap

HomeoftheBrave on September 1, 2011 at 8:08 AM

He didn’t mean all tea partiers, silly. He meant a nameless, faceless “some,”

Some of the CBC are racists.

petefrt on September 1, 2011 at 8:10 AM

Standing on stupid.

RandyChandler on September 1, 2011 at 8:22 AM

Hey dummy, the Democrat Party and their KKK terror wing did all the hanging, of black and white alike.

tarpon on September 1, 2011 at 9:38 AM

Yes, these are just the racists created or saved for the purposes of my lazy and shameless demagoguery. Hey, we’ve got an election cycle coming up.

dissent555 on September 1, 2011 at 9:40 AM

This whole situation makes me think of 2 things… One the Democrats like topull the old lawyer trick where you do/say something to get the Jury’s attention and then say I withdraw that last remark.

The other thing is that he even said it in the first place shows fear. They know that Obama is in trouble and even the black vote is not energized to vote in 2012. He is trying to energize the blacks and the Dems have become unhinged. They are so scared they can’t even think straight and are throwing up any hail mary they can.

jeffn21 on September 1, 2011 at 9:46 AM

ROFLMAO!!! That just tickled the funny bone this morning. LOL

As for the whole….this man is obviously shameless, and fully partisan, who is one more hypocrite of many. He hurls accusations, like a racist, while trying in vain to condemn racism? Stupid, AND partisan. Who is putting party first? Hmmmmmmmmm?

capejasmine on September 1, 2011 at 10:07 AM

I wasn’t racist until I noticed that the President/Senator was a Socialist with Communist leanings. Odd, now that he has ruled by fiat and ignored the Constitution, none of those that called me racist have apologized…

rgranger on September 1, 2011 at 10:09 AM

Unfortunately, the 7th is a pretty safe district for him. El Cazador on August 31, 2011 at 11:19 PM

Not in this economy, Black unemployment is 21% nation wide. There is no reason for the democrats in his district not to primary him none, nada.

Look just going by his statements, that are not becoming of a U.S. Representative, to say the least. He’s an attention Ho’er who wants some face time so he is Alan Grayson redux. He’s making sh1t up out of thin air. Senate Byrd (D) was one of the longest serving members in U.S. Senate, a democrat, had once belonged to the KKK, a democrat just like Andre . That’s factual, not a made up vile accusation, made out of thin air to deflect attention to the fact he’s doing nothing for his constituents, but flapping his lips, and getting paid by their taxes. He’s got his cushy job, what does he care that people are out of work. Andre Carson, thinks they’re stupid, and will accept the old canard it’s the man keeping them down. Well Barack Obama is the man, and the CBC is part of the establishment in the congress that is holding them down. Primary them all, replace them with representation that is actively working in their constituent’s interest not just their own self interest. It’s “We The People” not We the trial lawyers, not We the Union bosses. Wake up Indiana’s 7th you can do better. Best analogy: In order for Indiana’s 7th district’s hot air balloon to rise – a rise in job creation, you have to lose the heavy ballast holding your balloon down (job creation) the ballast holding the 7th district down has a name “Andre Carson” CUT HIM LOSE.

Dr Evil on September 1, 2011 at 10:17 AM

I stand by the truth that the RACIST Congressman from Indiana should RESIGN Immediately.

Khun Joe on September 1, 2011 at 10:18 AM

Could you be more specific as to what exactly has been ‘held up’, Mr. Carson? What programs important only to your people are you speaking of? When are these dems going to stop separating people into special groups? George Wallace was a democrat. All of the Dixiecrats were democrats. Learn a little history about your party, Mr. Carson, before speaking again.

Kissmygrits on September 1, 2011 at 10:28 AM

This guy is

Radical
Asinine
Contemptible
Ignorant
Surly
Tendentious

MaiDee on September 1, 2011 at 10:40 AM

I think this is EXACTLY what is going wrong with our country.
The true racists can be any color and this black man is a RACIST.
I am tired of having to be PC and just take the hit.

Everyone needs to sue him for slander and defamation of character.

SgtRed on September 1, 2011 at 11:05 AM

This man is a sickening, black, irresponsible piece of dirt that does not belong in a leadership position of any kind! This is incitement to hatred and is encouraging black on white violence! If this is racism, I don’t know what is!!!

JonR on September 1, 2011 at 11:24 AM

Well in a way I dont blame this guy for his opinion. When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem you have looks like a nail. I am sure that in his political world making every problem about race is what has gotten him where he is today. The problem for him is that the rest of the nation is way past racism. The main stream propaganda machine LOVES racism because it sells. I have been in the DEEP south late at night (I am not blonde n blue) was never treated better by both whites and blacks alike. I have been in NY MA and other northern states, never been treated worse.
Anyway this guys life is built on racism. so thats what he uses.

ColdWarrior57 on September 1, 2011 at 11:31 AM

“I am deeply concerned about some elements of the tea party Democrats who are extremist and who have reflected a mentality going back to the John Birch society, going back to George Wallace’s Dixiecrats US Communist Party.

There, fixed it for you.

JohnnyL on September 1, 2011 at 11:33 AM

Ann Coulter was right. For a liberal it gets no better than to be a “minority” or “special”, then one can cry racism whenever the opposition actually opposes them.

Jvette on September 1, 2011 at 11:48 AM

This guy is

Radical
Asinine
Contemptible
Ignorant
Surly
Tendentious

MaiDee on September 1, 2011 at 10:40 AM

The best summary of racist I’ve ever read. Thanks…

chai on September 1, 2011 at 2:09 PM

From the mouth of babes… or in this case racists… spreading their own brand of racism by reflecting everyone else in the same light.

Lawrence on September 1, 2011 at 2:24 PM