Blame the organizers for the snafu at the Iowa tea-party rally, not Palin

posted at 7:12 pm on August 31, 2011 by Allahpundit

Tina touched on this point before, but here’s Dave Weigel noting something that drives it home:

I met [organizer Ken] Crow in Iowa this month (I’ve been unsuccessful reaching him today) and he struck me as a classic Tea Party archetype — an amateur with big Field of Dreams ambitions. He made me well aware of all the projects he was working on but seemed a little laconic for a guy putting on a mega-rally.

“It’s gonna be televised on C-Span,” he said, “and maybe Fox, too.”

Reading up on Crow today, we find that he’s a talky activist prone to showing how much he knows. For example, on Palin: “I know for a fact she ain’t gonna run.” That’s the guy bringing Palin to Iowa for an event that reporters are attending because they wonder whether Palin will run!

Let’s sum up. The organizer, who should be building hype about an impending announcement in order to promote his event, is inexplicably going around telling people that it ain’t happening. Meanwhile, seemingly oblivious to the fact that Christine O’Donnell has become for many a symbol of “tea-party overreach” (as one of our Headlines commenters put it this morning), the organizers went ahead and apparently booked her (twice!) to appear onstage before Palin, which would have handed the media a “tea partiers are unelectable!” angle on a silver platter. In fact, four different news outlets — RCP, NBC, CNN, and Politico — are claiming that O’Donnell’s appearance was one of the issues in this morning’s drama, with CNN adding this:

The Palin source said O’Donnell’s representatives misled the tea party group about the extent of the governor’s relationship with O’Donnell.

O’Donnell’s representatives told event organizers that she would be in Iowa on the date of the rally and would like to come by and “say hi” to Palin, the source said. O’Donnell was then added to the speaking agenda.

The source told CNN that O’Donnell aides lied to organizers and said Palin had been communicating via text message with O’Donnell about the rally.

“The governor hasn’t spoken to her in a year,” the Palin source said of O’Donnell.

See Ace for more on the politics of inviting O’Donnell and then read R.S. McCain expressing understandable exasperation that a triumphant moment on Saturday would be complicated by leaks and fingerpointing — some of which came via on-the-record statements to reporters by none other than Ken Crow. No wonder Palin’s team was considering walking away. When you’ve got the organizer of the event hinting to the media that you pressured him into canceling another speaker, why do him a favor by sticking around and making his event a success?

As for why Crow thought it was a good idea to invite O’Donnell in the first place, maybe he figured it’d be okay since she was, after all, at one point a tea-party star who won the Delaware primary. Whether and when she lost that stature, I’m not sure; maybe Crow wasn’t either. Last year, before the primary with Castle, it was evidence of utmost RINO-ism to suggest O’D was a poor candidate with a thin record and unlikely to win in a blue state. Now, judging by the comments today in Headlines, it’s nearly universally agreed that she shouldn’t be onstage Saturday. Maybe that’s simple electoral politics at work — Palin needs centrists to win and that’s not O’Donnell’s core constituency, to put it mildly — but then those same calculations applied in Delaware and ended up not mattering somehow. And of course Palin herself endorsed O’Donnell in the primary, which may have led Crow to think a speaking invite would be copacetic. Whatever the answer, it’s a good sign for her campaign that Team Palin is savvier about the optics of this sort of thing than the Crows of the world.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6 7 8

I didn’t deal you anything close to that, so quit spinning, creep.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 11:25 PM

You threw disingenuous debate points at me only an idiot would believe. My comment about a sister of yours was not about any actual sister you may have, nor was it gratuitous, it was to illustrate a point. And you’ve had plenty of name calling throughout this thread, so don’t try to play the shrinking violet now.

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 11:28 PM

and there will be for Romney, and likely Perry as well.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 11:26 PM

…err, no. Only one of them is going to be the nominee.

alwaysfiredup on August 31, 2011 at 11:28 PM

This is not terribly controversial around here.

alwaysfiredup on August 31, 2011 at 11:25 PM

you would think so.

unseen on August 31, 2011 at 11:28 PM

Must be getting weirder on this site when AP is being the sane, logical poster for Palin and Tina is the snarky, muckraker..

ChuckTX on August 31, 2011 at 11:29 PM

Those of you attacking me personally and engaging in intellectual dishonesty just because I pointed out the truth about a candidate you like, get over yourselves. She sucked. Everyone but the handful of you has long since accepted that, and would never stoop to this.

Bee, Dire, take care, and watch out for the real lowlifes on this site.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 11:30 PM

and there will be for Romney, and likely Perry as well.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 11:26 PM

…err, no. Only one of them is going to can be the nominee.

alwaysfiredup on August 31, 2011 at 11:28 PM

Opps, forgot myself there! ;)

alwaysfiredup on August 31, 2011 at 11:30 PM

Dire, you’re playing fast and loose with what you said on this thread and what you said earlier today on another thread

Gohawgs on August 31, 2011 at 11:30 PM

bluefox on August 31, 2011 at 11:28 PM

It all seems “strange” doesn’t it?..:)

PS..Thanks for info!..:)

Dire Straits on August 31, 2011 at 11:30 PM

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 11:30 PM

Victimhood is boring.

alwaysfiredup on August 31, 2011 at 11:33 PM

No, I didn’t support Castle.

So what are you still b1tching and moaning about O’Donnell a year later? Damn, you’re pissy.

Again, I don’t care that you wanted a Republican to win. The candidate for the Republicans was terrible. Your wanting to hide that fact from Republican voters is frightening and clarifies that you don’t give a damn about accountability from our representatives, which, by the way, is what the Tea Party is all about.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 9:40 PM

I wanted to hide facts from Republican voters? LOL I’m sure that voters in DE had a clearer view of what was going on than I did. And the voters in the GOP primary evidently thought that a flake was better than a RINO. OK, you didn’t support Castle but yet STILL b1tch and moan about CO’D. In other words, you had no dog in the fight but you’re going to grouse anyway. Talk about pissy.

But God, don’t you dare say anything negative about Michele Bachmann.

ddrintn on August 31, 2011 at 11:33 PM

Gohawgs on August 31, 2011 at 11:30 PM

Am I not allowed to back a “conspiracy theory “also?..:)

PS..Isn’t that the main point of Benson’s post?..Things just do not go easy for some folks..:)

Dire Straits on August 31, 2011 at 11:34 PM

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 11:30 PM

Who the f*ck said they like her?

ddrintn on August 31, 2011 at 11:34 PM

Gohawgs on August 31, 2011 at 11:30 PM

It is all good..:)

Dire Straits on August 31, 2011 at 11:35 PM

alwaysfiredup on August 31, 2011 at 11:33 PM

Hey…been meaning to tell you that I’m always impressed with your posts. You make good points and are typically quite concise and effective making those points. Kudos to you.

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 11:35 PM

it was Crow.

bluefox on August 31, 2011 at 11:28 PM

I agree and am inclined to think he is working as a lone wolf here because of his Perry support. which is why I think it is important for Perry’s camp to come out and publicly disavow this Mr Crow and make it clear that there is no connection between the two sides. that photo and reports about Crow being aPerry supporter tie Crow to Perr yin the minds of many. a clear dismissal of Crow by the Perry camp will put the matter to bed.

unseen on August 31, 2011 at 11:36 PM

unseen on August 31, 2011 at 11:36 PM

Ehh…I don’t see it happening. I don’t think enough people have put it together that if the Perry campaign said anything, it would have more people make the connection and call foul. Now if the LSM grabs the Perry/Crow connection and runs with it, I could see it – but I don’t see the LSM doing that.

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 11:38 PM

Until more info comes out, I’m going to give Perry the benefit of the doubt:-)

bluefox on August 31, 2011 at 11:28 PM

I don’t think Perry himself had anything at all to do with it. I think it’s a Perry supporter wanting to make Palin look as bad as possible. Imagine that.

ddrintn on August 31, 2011 at 11:39 PM

Tina is the snarky, muckraker..

ChuckTX on August 31, 2011 at 11:29 PM

tina’s post was a disappointment. she even forgot to use the “I love Palin but” that all ABP use. Tina really showed her true colors today. Of course she did during Palin’s state fair visit also. For anyone that doesn’t know by now tina doesn’t like Palin much if at all.

unseen on August 31, 2011 at 11:39 PM

bluefox on August 31, 2011 at 9:27 PM
which is why I think if the TEA party is to grow they need a leader.

unseen on August 31, 2011 at 9:34 PM

I’m trying to catch up. Had phone calls all evening:-)

I’m not sure how that would work. I can’t imagine one leader for all of the TP locals. Each local group operates according to their issues, local/County/State. From all of the “National” Organizations, there are disagreements as to who is the “boss”, splits etc. Even in my hometown, there used to be one TP local. Then there was a disagreement and now we have two, LOL

The TP Caucus with only 49 members can’t even agree & there is infighting.

Did you know that there is a TP in Texas with 10,000 members?

bluefox on August 31, 2011 at 11:39 PM

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 11:35 PM

Thanks for the compliment. I’m blushing. ;)

alwaysfiredup on August 31, 2011 at 11:41 PM

Dire Straits on August 31, 2011 at 11:34 PM

The decision to do so is yours…Benson, like the WSJ earlier decided to run a story, unsourced and unchecked, before the facts could be ascertained. That’s muckraking, not being responsible “journalists”. No matter that, on it’s face, much of what was being repeated reported didn’t make sense…

Gohawgs on August 31, 2011 at 11:41 PM

No. I’m saying your talk of infiltration and implication of some big spy ring total crap. But getting a Perry supporter who is the sole connection between the Palin camp, COD and the media somehow in the picture has nothing to do with this James Bond spy crap you’re playing it off to be.

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 11:16 PM

gee I’m sorry, I thought unseen was saying Crow is a Perry operative and that the Perry campaign needs to make a statement disowning him or something.

if everything is cleared up now, and there has been no infiltration then we can just let this go now.

I mean, those were serious accusations and we should get to the bottom of it if there are infiltrators skulking about.

windansea on August 31, 2011 at 11:42 PM

unseen on August 31, 2011 at 11:39 PM

Honestly, I have really been impressed with any of her posts. Ed and AP both – in their own unique way – seem to do well providing background info and getting to the gist of the subject. Tina seems to just sort of ramble and not really frame the subject much at all. I was hoping for more. Not sure what made them hire her on? There are several in the green room with much better writing and analysis than she has.

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 11:43 PM

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 11:38 PM

See I think they do that. and if not them Mitt or Bachmann’s people or even Palin’s people. Perry being the frontrunner and all will draw these things too him. IMO it’s best to nip it in the bud sooner rather than later. look it’s only been a couple hours since the stuff started breaking. It might die down it might not. If Crow continues his one man wrecking tour it doesn’t. and if people are already starting to push back and connect the two well you know how things work. Firs tit starts on twitter, then moves to the blogs then the MSM lookign for a good horserace story picks it up and before you know it it’s topic A on MSNBC and CNN

no best to nip it now befor eit gets legs…

unseen on August 31, 2011 at 11:43 PM

Gohawgs on August 31, 2011 at 11:41 PM

I agree.. There is much confusion on all sides..:)

Dire Straits on August 31, 2011 at 11:43 PM

windansea on August 31, 2011 at 11:42 PM

LoL!..Good one..:)

Dire Straits on August 31, 2011 at 11:45 PM

The TP Caucus with only 49 members can’t even agree & there is infighting.

Did you know that there is a TP in Texas with 10,000 members?

bluefox on August 31, 2011 at 11:39 PM

was thinking more along the lines of someone leading via a platform, rallying people to that platform etc.

unseen on August 31, 2011 at 11:47 PM

Bachmann? No, she was busy with her own race.

alwaysfiredup on August 31, 2011 at 9:38 PM

I’m sure someone has replied to you on this. But Bachmann????

There is only one Queen of the Tea Party, Rock Star of the Tea Party and that is Sarah!! LOL

I know you’ve been busy with MC and all, so just wanted to keep you on the right track:-)

bluefox on August 31, 2011 at 11:48 PM

windansea on August 31, 2011 at 11:42 PM

Unseen and many others have said they don’t think Crow is from the Perry campaign, but a Perry supporter who may have taken it on his own accord to pull the crap. They also mentioned there is a pic that is getting pretty widespread that was recently taken that show Crow and Perry together and statements by Crow about his support for Perry. If people start making the connection, it would be smart for Perry to distance himself from this guy.

It’s why I say you misrepresent, not that you lie. You take the facts and stretch them so to can act like you are just repeating things when you are being totally disingenuous when you claim so. You must think very little of your own guy because you seem to feel there is no way you can win in a debate with the real facts so you twist them instead. You do it ALL THE TIME.

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 11:48 PM

Tina is the snarky, muckraker..

ChuckTX on August 31, 2011 at 11:29 PM

unseen on August 31, 2011 at 11:39 PM

right, and everyone believes the “Perry might be my 2nd choice but I’m just vetting him” schmears that nistas are so fond of.

nistas are so cute when they project

windansea on August 31, 2011 at 11:49 PM

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 11:43 PM

agreed. she seems to use a lot of emotion but little to back up her opinions.

unseen on August 31, 2011 at 11:49 PM

For anyone that doesn’t know by now tina doesn’t like Palin much if at all.

unseen on August 31, 2011 at 11:39 PM

she seems pretty typical of the folks that prefer Bachmann to Palin, usually because they think Palin is damaged and either stupid or money-hungry. They’re wrong about her, but it’s not an uncommon position.

alwaysfiredup on August 31, 2011 at 11:49 PM

“Perry might be my 2nd choice but I’m still vetting him”

windansea on August 31, 2011 at 11:49 PM

That’s actually exactly how I feel about Perry. Interesting that you can’t accept that as true.

alwaysfiredup on August 31, 2011 at 11:50 PM

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 11:48 PM

This windansea character was doing that long before Perry was even considered. He/she/it has been merely an anti-Palin bot for quite a while.

ddrintn on August 31, 2011 at 11:51 PM

windansea on August 31, 2011 at 11:42 PM

Or maybe you aren’t doing it on purpose and are just a moron who has a hard time understanding things, in which case, I’m sorry for calling out an idiot.

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 11:51 PM

nistas are so cute when they project

windansea on August 31, 2011 at 11:49 PM

Perry is still my 2nd choice but I’m not thrilled with him. a lesser of two evils cadidate if I ever saw one. The more I vett him the worse he gets. but he is s till slightly better than mitt.

unseen on August 31, 2011 at 11:52 PM

bluefox on August 31, 2011 at 11:48 PM

Palin’s not the one who claimed to be the leader of the tea party. ;)

alwaysfiredup on August 31, 2011 at 11:52 PM

ddrintn on August 31, 2011 at 11:51 PM

I’m just amazed that it’s the exact same tactic all the time. I don’t think I’ve seen a post from he/she/it that hasn’t been nothing but a straw man. I mean, every single post.

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 11:52 PM

Governor Palin is going to South Korea in October. She already has been to India, Israel and Honj Kong. Awesome.

promachus on August 31, 2011 at 11:53 PM

And sorry for the like quadruple negative in that last comment, but I think you get the point…

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 11:53 PM

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 11:52 PM

Like csdeven’s posts, it’s just trolling. Best ignored.

ddrintn on August 31, 2011 at 11:54 PM

alwaysfiredup on August 31, 2011 at 11:49 PM

i might be worng but tina’s support for Bachmann always strikes me as support because she thinks it hurts Palin.

I get Mitt supporter from tina. Not sure why just a feeling. could be Perry now seems a lot of Mitt supporters ar eflocking to Sir Ricky.

unseen on August 31, 2011 at 11:54 PM

unseen on August 31, 2011 at 11:52 PM

My exact thoughts. With the trumpets heralding his entrance into the race, I was expecting much more. I’m just not finding much to be impressed with.

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 11:55 PM

unseen on August 31, 2011 at 11:52 PM

I had you figured for Ron Paul!?!..:)

Dire Straits on August 31, 2011 at 11:56 PM

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 11:43 PM

Well, she’s been shilling for Bachmann and dissing Palin from the get go. Let’s not forget this blog is owned by Townhall which is working with a certain candidate and they put her on it. She’s just doing her bidding.

promachus on August 31, 2011 at 11:58 PM

bluefox on August 31, 2011 at 9:36 PM
Before I go- sounds great. Unfortunately it’s too late for most of us. A lot of people have seized on this movement, some for selfless motives, some to promote their own careers. And now they’re at war, which is really dispiriting.

Buy Danish on August 31, 2011 at 9:42 PM

I would join a local TP or if you don’t have one, start one. You don’t need a large building; start in your home. Almost everyone has a computer and a printer/fax machine.

Just something that can be done.

bluefox on August 31, 2011 at 11:58 PM

So the “Undefeated” premires on PPV and VOD in about 5 hours.

unseen on August 31, 2011 at 11:58 PM

I agree.. There is much confusion on all sides..:)

Dire Straits on August 31, 2011 at 11:43 PM

Yet you posted the link and stated that you agreed with Benson…Did you change the name and post the same link on the Romney causes an inter Tea Party Fight thread?…

Gohawgs on August 31, 2011 at 11:58 PM

promachus on August 31, 2011 at 11:53 PM

Haiti annd Kosovo as well as Kuwait and Germany. many stmaps on that passport this time around.

unseen on August 31, 2011 at 11:59 PM

Apparently, Bachmann’s superpac is going to air a negative ad against Perry in South Carolina. I am waiting for my popcorn. the tea party leader and current frontrunner. This is going to be fun. :)

promachus on September 1, 2011 at 12:01 AM

I had you figured for Ron Paul!?!..:)

Dire Straits on August 31, 2011 at 11:56 PM

you are nuts aren’t you? did the space aliens do research on you as a kid or something?

unseen on September 1, 2011 at 12:02 AM

I had you figured for Ron Paul!?!..:)

Dire Straits on August 31, 2011 at 11:56 PM

I had you figured for RuPaul..:)

idesign on September 1, 2011 at 12:03 AM

Gohawgs on August 31, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Dire Straits on September 1, 2011 at 12:03 AM

promachus on September 1, 2011 at 12:01 AM

the very formation of a superpac for Bachmann tells me one she is imploding and can’t raise the funds adn two) the big money players don’t want her out of the race yet. three) since she is going to attack Perry instead of mitt who is wounded It also points to who Bachmann is and has always been working with. Too bad for them they have to use their stalkign horse to attack Perry instead of Palin. …..

unseen on September 1, 2011 at 12:04 AM

I had you figured for Ron Paul!?!..:)

Dire Straits on August 31, 2011 at 11:56 PM

unseen on September 1, 2011 at 12:02 AM

C’mon unseen, that was obvious snark…The Asgard are our friends…

Gohawgs on September 1, 2011 at 12:04 AM

unseen on September 1, 2011 at 12:02 AM

LoL!..:)

Dire Straits on September 1, 2011 at 12:06 AM

Dire Straits on September 1, 2011 at 12:03 AM

I knew that…

Gohawgs on September 1, 2011 at 12:06 AM

I’m a lawyer…

alwaysfiredup on August 31, 2011 at 9:50 PM

Just to let you know, you are facing an uphill battle with MC:-)

bluefox on September 1, 2011 at 12:06 AM

I had you figured for RuPaul..:)

idesign on September 1, 2011 at 12:03 AM

Whatever..:)

Dire Straits on September 1, 2011 at 12:07 AM

Gohawgs on September 1, 2011 at 12:06 AM

Good..I enjoyed it!..:)

Dire Straits on September 1, 2011 at 12:10 AM

bachmann’s superpacs attack ad on Perry. the Perry krishnas will not be happy.

unseen on September 1, 2011 at 12:10 AM

The Asgard are our friends…

Gohawgs on September 1, 2011 at 12:04 AM

SG-1, my son is rewatching all the seasons on netflix. Forgot how good some of the shows were.

unseen on September 1, 2011 at 12:11 AM

WTF? A perfectly good Huntsman QOTD and you jokers are here?

Lanceman on September 1, 2011 at 12:12 AM

WTF? A perfectly good Huntsman QOTD and you jokers are here?

Lanceman on September 1, 2011 at 12:12 AM

LoL!..Half a dozen one way..Six the other way..:)

Dire Straits on September 1, 2011 at 12:14 AM

It matters what they lie about, and I was not excessively concerned about her white lies.

alwaysfiredup on August 31, 2011 at 9:59 PM

I find that troubling. Don’t you know that one that is not just in the least is also not just in much?

Your disregard for truth also reflects on your stated occupation.

bluefox on September 1, 2011 at 12:16 AM

Just to let you know, you are facing an uphill battle with MC:-)

bluefox on September 1, 2011 at 12:06 AM

Oh I know, I’ve been sparring with him for a couple years now. I enjoy it and hope he does too.

alwaysfiredup on September 1, 2011 at 12:18 AM

WTF? A perfectly good Huntsman QOTD and you jokers are here?

Lanceman on September 1, 2011 at 12:12 AM

Why settle for Romneylite — is that redundant?…

Gohawgs on September 1, 2011 at 12:19 AM

Your disregard for truth also reflects on your stated occupation.

bluefox on September 1, 2011 at 12:16 AM

No one is without sin. We are choosing among flawed alternatives. Relatively speaking, I thought her transgressions were minor.

alwaysfiredup on September 1, 2011 at 12:20 AM

WTF? A perfectly good Huntsman QOTD and you jokers are here?

Lanceman on September 1, 2011 at 12:12 AM

lol. On my way!

alwaysfiredup on September 1, 2011 at 12:22 AM

I think Palin needs to make a statement to assure voters that if she runs for Prez she will do better due diligence on people she makes deals with. She wants people to trust her to deal with China, Russia, Iran but has trouble scheduling a speech properly.

tsk tsk

windansea on August 31, 2011 at 10:10 PM

Are you sure this Ken Crow didn’t make a deal with COD AFTER the venue and speakers were already agreed upon with SP? And THEN SP found out?

bluefox on September 1, 2011 at 12:23 AM

Why settle for Romneylite — is that redundant?…

Gohawgs on September 1, 2011 at 12:19 AM

Huntsman is not Romnney-lite. He’s a taller, less scary-lookin’ Ray LaHood.

Lanceman on September 1, 2011 at 12:23 AM

lol. On my way!

alwaysfiredup on September 1, 2011 at 12:22 AM

What the hell for? I didn’t click on it.

Lanceman on September 1, 2011 at 12:24 AM

bluefox,

windansea isn’t “concerned” with that aspect. He’s always been an ABP, hit and run type commenter…

Gohawgs on September 1, 2011 at 12:26 AM

windansea isn’t “concerned” with that aspect.

Gohawgs on September 1, 2011 at 12:26 AM

windansea is a man?? I always thought it was a broad.

O/T, I want Andrea Tantaros.

Lanceman on September 1, 2011 at 12:28 AM

Lanceman on September 1, 2011 at 12:24 AM

I thought that was a siren to let this thread die a peaceful, natural death. But I found myself with little to say about Huntsman. Guess it’s contagious.

alwaysfiredup on September 1, 2011 at 12:28 AM

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 11:48 PM

go back in the thread to where unseen first started pushing the perry sabotuer crap, no mention that he was a lone wolf acting on his own, just demands that Perry disavow him.

After being drenched in ridicule by yours truly, unseen began to walk it back and say maybe he was not working for Perry.

enjoy your circle jerk

windansea on September 1, 2011 at 12:29 AM

I’m fine with Coons representing the liberals who are destroying this country. I’m not fine with O’Donnell representing conservatives and the Tea Party who want to save this country. She would have disgraced both.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 10:21 PM

Fair enough. Luckily her seat wasn’t that important, but imho we should be trying to live another day, get stronger and eventually be the only good option. It’s like people say if Romney gets in they won’t vote because he’ll only take the country off the cliff at 50 rather than 100. I disagree. That extra 50 will give conservatives time to start building the brand again, give people a better option, better candidates. That all takes time.

The will has to be there. Hard to say whether it is or not.

Unless people want the scorched earth method. That’s fine, too. I understand it, but don’t think it’s that bad yet. Could be wrong.

Appreciate your honesty – you are stating it didn’t matter either way and you shouldn’t be hassled for being honest.

kim roy on September 1, 2011 at 12:29 AM

I saw this comment over at RSMCcCain site thought it made sense:

unseen on August 31, 2011 at 10:16 PM

Well that was interesting. It seems the more we investigate and read about this flap, there is more and more smoke:-) Hopefully we’ll find the smoking gun soon, LOL

At least we’re not the only ones that smell a rat. Well, don’t mean to speak for you, but I do:-)

bluefox on September 1, 2011 at 12:30 AM

enjoy your circle jerk

windansea on September 1, 2011 at 12:29 AM

Stay classy.

alwaysfiredup on September 1, 2011 at 12:31 AM

enjoy your circle jerk

windansea on September 1, 2011 at 12:29 AM

Such language! You blow your father with that mouth?

Lanceman on September 1, 2011 at 12:32 AM

windansea is a man?? I always thought it was a broad.

O/T, I want Andrea Tantaros.

Lanceman on September 1, 2011 at 12:28 AM

I was being generous…She’s kinda cute but, ok…I stick with PAB…

Gohawgs on September 1, 2011 at 12:33 AM

Seriously: who here “likes” CO’D? I haven’t seen anybody express any admiration.

alwaysfiredup on August 31, 2011 at 10:45 PM

Very true. She was compared favorably to a Marxist who ran as a Democrat. That’s not really heavy praise.

kim roy on September 1, 2011 at 12:35 AM

O/T, I want Andrea Tantaros.

Lanceman on September 1, 2011 at 12:28 AM

She is a cutey for sure..:)

Dire Straits on September 1, 2011 at 12:35 AM

you shouldn’t be hassled for being honest.

kim roy on September 1, 2011 at 12:29 AM

Hey, this is a discussion board. Don’t want hassle, don’t post. :)

alwaysfiredup on September 1, 2011 at 12:35 AM

I was being generous…She’s kinda cute but, ok…I stick with PAB…

Gohawgs on September 1, 2011 at 12:33 AM

Nothing wrong with PAB for sure..:)

Dire Straits on September 1, 2011 at 12:35 AM

I was being generous.

Gohawgs on September 1, 2011 at 12:33 AM

Well, the name ‘windansea’ is kinda effeminate.

Lanceman on September 1, 2011 at 12:36 AM

any guesses on what Gov Palin will say in her speech? And why would she schedule a NH event the two days after this speech? Isn’t that what candidates do?

unseen on August 31, 2011 at 10:28 PM

Is that an open question(s)? I’m telling you, I have listened and watched SP for a long time and sometimes I can guess at what she would say about a certain issue/subject. However, when it comes to what she would DO? LOL My success rate is dismal:-) With her, it’s never an either or. It’s something you would not even consider, Ha-Ha.

Your turn:-)

bluefox on September 1, 2011 at 12:37 AM

alwaysfiredup on September 1, 2011 at 12:35 AM

Too many folks get HA mixed up with C4P I’m afraid..:)

Dire Straits on September 1, 2011 at 12:37 AM

enjoy your circle jerk

windansea on September 1, 2011 at 12:29 AM

You really are full of crap aren’t you:

It all seems to come back to Crow. With reports that he was looking to endorse Perry suddenly a lot of this makes sense.

unseen on August 31, 2011 at 7:41 PM

Crow, apparently not realizing that I was a nobody who has never even met Perry, let alone someone who has any sway whatsoever with his campaign (in fact, I’ve not endorsed any candidate and I was simply there as a favor to a friend), told me he wanted to meet with the Texas Governor and perhaps endorse him in the near future

unseen on August 31, 2011 at 7:52 PM

I’m tellin’ all o’ y’all it’s sabotage…

ddrintn on August 31, 2011 at 8:07 PM
it does explain all of it. but it could also be explained by stupidity on Corw’s part. I’m leaning towards a stupid sabotage attempt.

unseen on August 31, 2011 at 8:15 PM

Yeap, once this stuff gets around it leaves a bad taste in people’s mouths. If a perry supporter is actively seen as attempting to undermine Palin Perry’s chances of gaining those supports should she not run becomes less and less.

Perry and his campaign staff need to make nothing to do with a statement on Crow and what connection Crow has to their campaign in IA.

unseen on August 31, 2011 at 8:56 PM

I don’t believe that Perry’s people plotted this out “months in advance” either. I don’t even know if Perry’s people “plotted” this out at all. I do know that Ken Crow is a Rick Perry supporter who has managed to make a mess out of a highly publicized event that Governor Palin will be headlining on Saturday. I also know that he has been trashing Governor Palin to the press.

Make of it what you will.

unseen on August 31, 2011 at 8:51 PM

it is what it is. the photo of Perry and Crow and the article about Crow trashing Palin and saying he is looking to endorse Perry paints Perry and his campaign in a bad light. Perry and or his staff need to release a statement disavowing this guy.

unseen on August 31, 2011 at 9:28 PM

care to explain the walkback?

unseen on September 1, 2011 at 12:38 AM

Dire Straits on September 1, 2011 at 12:35 AM

Like MadCon above, I’m not sharing…

Gohawgs on September 1, 2011 at 12:39 AM

bluefox on September 1, 2011 at 12:30 AM

Yeap. This flared up out of nowhere and it all goes back to one man who is on record of wanting to endorse Perry. like I say the Perry camp needs to get infront of this and disavow this guy.

unseen on September 1, 2011 at 12:42 AM

Too many folks get HA mixed up with C4P I’m afraid..:)

Dire Straits on September 1, 2011 at 12:37 AM

I come here to argue. C4P is for organizing and commiserating. And that’s okay…. :)

alwaysfiredup on September 1, 2011 at 12:42 AM

alwaysfiredup on August 31, 2011 at 10:45 PM

I ‘like’ COD. She’s a rocket scientist compared to Patti Murray. And seriously, it doesn’t require massive intelligence to be a senator. Just an understanding of parliamentary procedure.
I have never seen a male senator who is as big an idiot as Joe Biden. The good people of Delaware, bless their hearts, think he’s a genius.

Lanceman on September 1, 2011 at 12:42 AM

Lanceman on September 1, 2011 at 12:42 AM

Glad to see someone does. Everybody should have a champion.

alwaysfiredup on September 1, 2011 at 12:44 AM

ChuckTX on August 31, 2011 at 11:29 PM

gender / role confusion abounds amongst the followers here, and not least of all amongst its marquee names / personalities, whose positions and attentions wander all over the map. Some are confused, several are blatantly false in their representations, and a great many have next to zero life experince to be tendering an opnion about anything but the taste of their latest meal.

But if you want fresh-raked muck and want to keep up on what the gushy queers that saturate the political blogosphere within the Beltway are on about, or what the Democrat meme / talking point of the day is, this is the place to check in. Hot Air is plugged right into that toxic river.

rayra on September 1, 2011 at 12:44 AM

Your turn:-)

bluefox on September 1, 2011 at 12:37 AM

I think she gives a reason for a run, explains why she started down this raod and inspires those of us for better days ahead.

while attacking Obama and the gop establishment .

unseen on September 1, 2011 at 12:45 AM

It’s really sad Team Palin would not let COD sell some books..:(

Dire Straits on August 31, 2011 at 10:41 PM

I’m still waiting on someone to name these ‘Team Palin’ members.

Do you have a link where your claim is backed up with a named source from ‘Team Palin’ or are you just trusting the media and bloggers for the truth?

‘Team Palin’ is not exactly a huge organization. They shouldn’t be difficult to name.

I should have figured this story would have you hard as a rock.

chief on September 1, 2011 at 12:46 AM

Bee, Dire, take care, and watch out for the real lowlifes on this site.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 11:30 PM

Now that’s just not true. No one “likes” her to any great degree. No one is really defending her except to say she’s not a Marxist and would have voted along party lines. That’s really tepid “praise”.

I’d even wager that a lot of her “defenders” would agree that in some ways she sucks. Since I can only speak for myself, I don’t think she’s a great candidate, but I appreciate her doing what a lot of us won’t do – run for office. This is why we get crappy candidates. No “smart” people would want to do this to themselves, right?

So saying that everyone has stars in their eyes regarding her is false. Everyone (can say that with certainty after reading this thread) felt she was better than a Marxist. That’s it. No more no less.

You disagree. You essentially wasted your vote because she did not meet your standards. That’s fine and people shouldn’t hassle you for that, but own it. Setting up strawmen like you are the only one who saw COD’s weaknesses and are the only truth-teller is false.

I might add that denigrating a candidate AFTER the primary is just setting up a loss. Like someone else pointed out, people can generally ignore trash talk from the opposition. When it comes from the same team it’s more noticeable and powerful.

What’s worse in the long run – a dingbat (that’s not a complimentary word, BTW and not the first time I used it in this thread) who will vote R 95% of the time or a Marxist? Most of us feel the Marxist. You think the dingbat is worse. Just own it.

kim roy on September 1, 2011 at 12:50 AM

rayra on September 1, 2011 at 12:44 AM

That was just a darn impressive statement. +1.

alwaysfiredup on September 1, 2011 at 12:50 AM

unseen on August 31, 2011 at 11:52 PM

I had you figured for Ron Paul!?!..:)

Dire Straits on August 31, 2011 at 11:56 PM

After about 137 posts in this thread from you, is this performance art or are you on drugs?

kim roy on September 1, 2011 at 12:53 AM