Blame the organizers for the snafu at the Iowa tea-party rally, not Palin

posted at 7:12 pm on August 31, 2011 by Allahpundit

Tina touched on this point before, but here’s Dave Weigel noting something that drives it home:

I met [organizer Ken] Crow in Iowa this month (I’ve been unsuccessful reaching him today) and he struck me as a classic Tea Party archetype — an amateur with big Field of Dreams ambitions. He made me well aware of all the projects he was working on but seemed a little laconic for a guy putting on a mega-rally.

“It’s gonna be televised on C-Span,” he said, “and maybe Fox, too.”

Reading up on Crow today, we find that he’s a talky activist prone to showing how much he knows. For example, on Palin: “I know for a fact she ain’t gonna run.” That’s the guy bringing Palin to Iowa for an event that reporters are attending because they wonder whether Palin will run!

Let’s sum up. The organizer, who should be building hype about an impending announcement in order to promote his event, is inexplicably going around telling people that it ain’t happening. Meanwhile, seemingly oblivious to the fact that Christine O’Donnell has become for many a symbol of “tea-party overreach” (as one of our Headlines commenters put it this morning), the organizers went ahead and apparently booked her (twice!) to appear onstage before Palin, which would have handed the media a “tea partiers are unelectable!” angle on a silver platter. In fact, four different news outlets — RCP, NBC, CNN, and Politico — are claiming that O’Donnell’s appearance was one of the issues in this morning’s drama, with CNN adding this:

The Palin source said O’Donnell’s representatives misled the tea party group about the extent of the governor’s relationship with O’Donnell.

O’Donnell’s representatives told event organizers that she would be in Iowa on the date of the rally and would like to come by and “say hi” to Palin, the source said. O’Donnell was then added to the speaking agenda.

The source told CNN that O’Donnell aides lied to organizers and said Palin had been communicating via text message with O’Donnell about the rally.

“The governor hasn’t spoken to her in a year,” the Palin source said of O’Donnell.

See Ace for more on the politics of inviting O’Donnell and then read R.S. McCain expressing understandable exasperation that a triumphant moment on Saturday would be complicated by leaks and fingerpointing — some of which came via on-the-record statements to reporters by none other than Ken Crow. No wonder Palin’s team was considering walking away. When you’ve got the organizer of the event hinting to the media that you pressured him into canceling another speaker, why do him a favor by sticking around and making his event a success?

As for why Crow thought it was a good idea to invite O’Donnell in the first place, maybe he figured it’d be okay since she was, after all, at one point a tea-party star who won the Delaware primary. Whether and when she lost that stature, I’m not sure; maybe Crow wasn’t either. Last year, before the primary with Castle, it was evidence of utmost RINO-ism to suggest O’D was a poor candidate with a thin record and unlikely to win in a blue state. Now, judging by the comments today in Headlines, it’s nearly universally agreed that she shouldn’t be onstage Saturday. Maybe that’s simple electoral politics at work — Palin needs centrists to win and that’s not O’Donnell’s core constituency, to put it mildly — but then those same calculations applied in Delaware and ended up not mattering somehow. And of course Palin herself endorsed O’Donnell in the primary, which may have led Crow to think a speaking invite would be copacetic. Whatever the answer, it’s a good sign for her campaign that Team Palin is savvier about the optics of this sort of thing than the Crows of the world.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

unseen on August 31, 2011 at 10:32 PM

Wow just wow.

PS. I think she is going to go after Obama in her speech on Sept 3.

derft on August 31, 2011 at 10:42 PM

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 10:41 PM

I agree..Excellent post!..:)

Dire Straits on August 31, 2011 at 10:43 PM

How quaint. You’re so pissy that your candidate was a trainwreck, and I’m pointing it out. Wah.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 10:38 PM

Yeah. You SO win. I’m crushed. Forget about the 14 other points I’ve made against you that is the essence of the debate that you totally ignored. I’ll hang my head in shame now.

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 10:43 PM

Wow!

You do realize that Palin hasn’t had control or scheduling input of any event or a speech since she was governor. Palin hasn’t had any authority on any of her free or paid speeches since that time.

chief on August 31, 2011 at 10:21 PM

sorry chief but that is just dumb. Of course Palin has control on when or where she speaks, paid or not. According to reports, she almost backed out of this event unless 3 conditions were met.

windansea on August 31, 2011 at 10:43 PM

It’s really sad Team Palin would not let COD sell some books..:(

Dire Straits on August 31, 2011 at 10:41 PM

You got a link for that or what?…

Gohawgs on August 31, 2011 at 10:44 PM

It’s really sad Team Palin would not let COD sell some books..:(

Dire Straits on August 31, 2011 at 10:41 PM

What’s even more sad is that even when it’s evident that Palin sees COD for what she is, some of her supporters don’t share that same wisdom.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 10:44 PM

You got a link for that or what?…

Gohawgs on August 31, 2011 at 10:44 PM

It’s simply math!..:)

Dire Straits on August 31, 2011 at 10:45 PM

The rules change when we’re talking about a candidate some people like.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 10:35 PM

Seriously: who here “likes” CO’D? I haven’t seen anybody express any admiration.

alwaysfiredup on August 31, 2011 at 10:45 PM

alwaysfiredup on August 31, 2011 at 10:33 PM

If this is a choice between Aqua Buddha over campaign funds for rent, hysterical claims of vandalism and sexual harassment, law suits, lies about education, tax liens, etc., I’m going with the college pot smoker.

Bee on August 31, 2011 at 10:45 PM

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 10:44 PM

LoL!..Excellent post!..:)

Dire Straits on August 31, 2011 at 10:45 PM

She would have made the Tea Party a laughingstock.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 10:41 PM

And here’s the crux of MC’s anger at COD. I mentioned it earlier. He’s more worried about a popularity contest than how senators actually effect legislation. Bet if he had a fat ugly sister he’d act like he didn’t know her when the cool kids came around.

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 10:46 PM

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 10:44 PM

Straw man. Just because we think the party should support the party nominee doesn’t mean we think she’s perfect, or even good. I have thought she was a bad choice for the Indianola event since the rumors first floated that she would be there.

alwaysfiredup on August 31, 2011 at 10:47 PM

windansea on August 31, 2011 at 10:43 PM

Unsourced “reports” that AP later debunked here…

Gohawgs on August 31, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Bee on August 31, 2011 at 10:45 PM

So you’re really just a huge liberal who believes Christine O’Donnell is a real witch, and you actually had an affair with Mike Castle.

That’s the only possible explanation for your bats**t crazy loo-loo logic.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 10:48 PM

Bee on August 31, 2011 at 10:45 PM

It wasn’t a choice, it was a comparison. You can have both. and I think that is a slanted characterization of O’Donnell. People are more than the sum of their biggest drawbacks.

alwaysfiredup on August 31, 2011 at 10:48 PM

alwaysfiredup on August 31, 2011 at 10:45 PM

MadCon’s thinking isn’t very discriminating. He has a hard time separating support, strategy, devotion and just about anything else that has to do with any pol. Seems they are either the second coming of Jesus or evil incarnate and you can’t pick out certain aspects for certain situations.

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 10:49 PM

It’s simply math!..:)

Dire Straits on August 31, 2011 at 10:45 PM

You must’ve gotten a “D” in Math like Perry…/

It is simply sheeit…

Gohawgs on August 31, 2011 at 10:49 PM

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 10:48 PM

Straw. Man. Factory. No one is arguing anything remotely close to your characterizations.

alwaysfiredup on August 31, 2011 at 10:49 PM

It is simply sheeit…

Gohawgs on August 31, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Are you sure?!?..:)

Dire Straits on August 31, 2011 at 10:50 PM

I didn’t want Coons to win. You’re a liar. F**k off.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 10:42 PM

wow I hit a nerve. If you didn’t want COD to win you by default if nothing else wanted Coons to win. there wasn’t a third choice. COD or Coons. Either you wanted COD to win or Coons. you would rather have a marxist in the Senate just so you can say you won.

unseen on August 31, 2011 at 10:50 PM

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 10:46 PM

You’re impugning my personal morality and integrity based on pure speculation, because I impugned COD’s based on her actual history? Awesome.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 10:50 PM

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 10:50 PM

Thanks!

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 10:51 PM

Are you sure?!?..:)

Dire Straits on August 31, 2011 at 10:50 PM

Are you of your unfounded, unsourced comment?…

Gohawgs on August 31, 2011 at 10:52 PM

alwaysfiredup on August 31, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Uh huh.

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 10:49 PM

you would rather have a marxist in the Senate just so you can say you won.

unseen on August 31, 2011 at 10:50 PM

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 10:52 PM

PS. I think she is going to go after Obama in her speech on Sept 3.

derft on August 31, 2011 at 10:42 PM

because its a TEA party event I think she goes after the gop establishment too. And does it by laying out her campaign theme and policies.

unseen on August 31, 2011 at 10:52 PM

Thanks!

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 10:51 PM

Glad to know you’re proud of being a fanatic.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Are you of your unfounded, unsourced comment?…

Gohawgs on August 31, 2011 at 10:52 PM

Try Townhall..Guy Benson..:)

Dire Straits on August 31, 2011 at 10:53 PM

And does it by laying out her campaign theme and policies.

unseen on August 31, 2011 at 10:52 PM

Morning in America 2.0

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 10:53 PM

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 10:48 PM

That’s dirty RINO to you, mister. And…an affair with Castle? *gags* Again, I’ll take the pot smoker. :)

Bee on August 31, 2011 at 10:54 PM

Glad to know you’re proud of being a fanatic.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 10:53 PM

I’m glad you’re glad. That’s what I was going for.

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 10:54 PM

alwaysfiredup on August 31, 2011 at 10:47 PM

I guess that’s why I’m not party. I’m ideological. If they live contrary to the values they preach, they don’t get my vote. You’re perfectly free to give them yours. Just don’t tell me to shut up when I try to let people know what their history is.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 10:56 PM

You’re impugning my personal morality and integrity based on pure speculation

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 10:50 PM

Errr….

And if you really don’t care, then ideology, values, and principles don’t mean jack s**t to you.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 9:54 PM

alwaysfiredup on August 31, 2011 at 10:56 PM

Again, I’ll take the pot smoker. :)

Bee on August 31, 2011 at 10:54 PM

*cough* Want a toke?

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 10:56 PM

alwaysfiredup on August 31, 2011 at 10:56 PM

When you say “I don’t care about these things”, speculation is no longer a factor.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 10:58 PM

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 10:56 PM

So your values support Coons? I don’t get it. One or the other had to win. My values are certainly closer to O’Donnell than Coons or Castle.

alwaysfiredup on August 31, 2011 at 10:58 PM

There were NO issues with this event prior to last week when Crow got involved and that picture was taken.

If you can’t see that, you are in denial.

unseen on August 31, 2011 at 10:16 PM

so Palin got played by a Perry sabotuer who snuck in and took control of a super important maybe I’m running speech in the last week?

how did this happen? The Perry sabotuer just walked in last week and told everyone “I’m in charge now and we’re booking the witch”?

Palin needs to step up her game and stop scheduling important speeches with organizations that can be infiltrated so easily.

PS Perry has your phone tapped

windansea on August 31, 2011 at 10:58 PM

alwaysfiredup on August 31, 2011 at 10:45 PM

I like the idea of a COD. a citizen senator. not some groomed leader. I thought she ran a bad campaign and allowed those wishing to do her harm too much control over her campaing “i’m not a witch” etc. I personally don’t have anything against the woman, I respect the fact she placed herself out there and I don’t consider her radioactive but I also don’t think the sept 3rd rally was a good place for her. the rally has been billed as Gov Palin’s speech and not simply a “general” rally. infact the radio ads used Gov Palin as the draw. and at this point COD would simply be used by the MSM and antipalin forces to downplay the message that Palin is set to deliver. If COd shows up at say a TPE event next to Mitt I wouldn’t have a problem with it or a different Tea party with Palin as a guest speaker.

unseen on August 31, 2011 at 10:58 PM

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 10:46 PM

So far we’ve limited this to candidates, yet you felt compelled to make this personal. Your immature speculation is not only offensive, it’s incorrect.

God, I hate this place sometimes.

Bee on August 31, 2011 at 10:58 PM

Try Townhall..Guy Benson..:)

Dire Straits on August 31, 2011 at 10:53 PM

What? He took the WSJ rumor that AP had a follow up thread on and ran with it…

That’s weak tea…

Gohawgs on August 31, 2011 at 10:59 PM

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 10:56 PM

So answer me this (which I’m guessing you won’t because you tend to only like steering the conversation away from the actual point) – say you lived in DE and it was the general. Would you vote for COD or Coons?

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 10:59 PM

So your values support Coons?

alwaysfiredup on August 31, 2011 at 10:58 PM

…wow. You really had the nads to accuse me of straw man?

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 10:59 PM

That’s weak tea…

Gohawgs on August 31, 2011 at 10:59 PM

It maybe weak..Just as weak as other arguments..:)

Dire Straits on August 31, 2011 at 11:00 PM

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 10:58 PM

It is when you speculate what “things” I don’t care about.

alwaysfiredup on August 31, 2011 at 11:01 PM

God, I hate this place sometimes.

Bee on August 31, 2011 at 10:58 PM

Yep. Earlier today it was someone claiming I must not be satisfied with my marriage. I try to convince myself it’s just a handful of creeps, but damn…they seem to be everywhere.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 11:01 PM

God, I hate this place sometimes.

Bee on August 31, 2011 at 10:58 PM

Not so, honeybee. He’s more concerned with how COD would appear to the rest of the world and what that would say about him, a Tea Partier over what is actually important to the country and that is how the elected senator would vote. He’s worried more about perception and popularity than substance which is what brought about my analogy.

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 11:01 PM

Would you vote for COD or Coons?

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 10:59 PM

I’d abstain or write-in. Oh, dammit. Just broke your “no third option” bulls**t.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 11:02 PM

…wow. You really had the nads to accuse me of straw man?

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 10:59 PM

Well, yes, and I don’t actually think you support Coons’ ideals. It was just the logical conclusion of your argument, which is why I said “I don’t get it.”

alwaysfiredup on August 31, 2011 at 11:02 PM

Again, I’ll take the pot smoker. :)

Bee on August 31, 2011 at 10:54 PM

I knew there was a reason I liked you.

Knucklehead on August 31, 2011 at 11:02 PM

It maybe weak..Just as weak as other arguments..:)

Dire Straits on August 31, 2011 at 11:00 PM

You’re right, just as weak as most other ABPer arguments tend to be…

Gohawgs on August 31, 2011 at 11:02 PM

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 11:01 PM

Nice way to excuse your slimy speculation of how I would handle relationships within my family, dirtball.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 11:03 PM

I knew there was a reason I liked you.

Knucklehead on August 31, 2011 at 11:02 PM

She’s mine. I’ll slit yer throat.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 11:03 PM

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 11:02 PM

That’s nice. Elect a Marxist without getting your hands dirty. At least your conscience is clean.

alwaysfiredup on August 31, 2011 at 11:04 PM

PS Perry has your phone tapped

windansea on August 31, 2011 at 10:58 PM

Seriously man. Is the only way you can ‘win’ an argument is to mischaractierize the other point of view? Because seriously, I don’t think I’ve ever seen you give a valid representation of something you were against. You truly are the straw man factory.

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 11:04 PM

Gohawgs on August 31, 2011 at 10:59 PM

Personally..I really don’t care..:)

Dire Straits on August 31, 2011 at 11:05 PM

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 11:03 PM

Luv u too.

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 11:05 PM

alwaysfiredup on August 31, 2011 at 11:02 PM

So your logic requires that one’s values must either fall within the realm of either COD or Coons? You need better logic.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 11:05 PM

She’s mine. I’ll slit yer throat.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 11:03 PM

I thought “No Bogarting” was the rule?…

Gohawgs on August 31, 2011 at 11:05 PM

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 11:02 PM

What was that you said? You’d throw your vote away? Gotcha. Way to save the country bucko.

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 11:06 PM

Then why did you throw “it” out there, Dire?…

Gohawgs on August 31, 2011 at 11:06 PM

That’s nice. Elect a Marxist without getting your hands dirty.

alwaysfiredup on August 31, 2011 at 11:04 PM

Awesome.

alwaysfiredup on August 31, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Extra awesome.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 11:06 PM

Gohawgs on August 31, 2011 at 11:02 PM

LoL!..It is all good..:)

Dire Straits on August 31, 2011 at 11:06 PM

windansea on August 31, 2011 at 10:58 PM

seriously are you undercare for your PDS?

played? Crow invited COD, disinvted her reinvited her told the Palin camp one thing the COD another and the media something else. Palin camp said BS told him and the other event planners get their program set or she may not come at all. the event planners got their crap together end of story. they tried to play Palin and she refused to play thier game. Crow thought he had her she showed him he didn’t.

which part of her leadership did you miss today?

unseen on August 31, 2011 at 11:07 PM

You’d throw your vote away?

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 11:06 PM

That would mean voting for COD, so no.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 11:07 PM

I thought “No Bogarting” was the rule?…

Gohawgs on August 31, 2011 at 11:05 PM

With my ganja, sure.

Not with Bee. Unless you want to lose a limb.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 11:09 PM

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 10:56 PM

I might wig out, as you know. Fair warning, hon. :)

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 11:01 PM

MC and I have been tea partiers from its inception and share the same beliefs concerning COD.

I knew there was a reason I liked you.

Knucklehead on August 31, 2011 at 11:02 PM

Hey thanks! ;)

Bee on August 31, 2011 at 11:09 PM

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 11:02 PM

that’s funny because you didn’t abstain you actively worked against COD and since it was a two person race your efforts helped the marxist.

unseen on August 31, 2011 at 11:10 PM

That would mean voting for COD, so no.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 11:07 PM

Right, but your third party write-in would have oh-so-much of a chance. Again, you’re just talking nonsense to save face so I’ll let you be. You must have gotten some moldy cheese curds today or something and your knickers are in a wad. Have a good night.

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 11:10 PM

that’s funny because you didn’t abstain…

unseen on August 31, 2011 at 11:10 PM

Lying again. Not the first, second, or even third time you’ve lied about me.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 11:11 PM

Gohawgs on August 31, 2011 at 11:06 PM

It Happens..:)

Dire Straits on August 31, 2011 at 11:12 PM

Right

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 11:10 PM

I’m glad you’ve seen the light! Be sure to speculate that I’d beat my wife in our next argument, you slimy jerk.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 11:12 PM

Bee on August 31, 2011 at 11:09 PM

Wow. All 3 years ago. Is that supposed to impress me? And at the moment, I would want COD anywhere near the Palin stage. But thinking it a victory that you kept her out of office once she won the primary is just absurd and nothing more than middle popularity games.

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 11:13 PM

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 11:04 PM

unseen is pushing the Perry sabotuer nonsense, everything was fine until a week ago when Crow stepped in and mucked it up.

I’m asking legitimate questions, if this is true how did he take control of this super important speech event and why is Palin scheduling things with organizations so easily infiltrated and taken control of.

are you saying unseen is making things up?

windansea on August 31, 2011 at 11:13 PM

And at the moment, I would NOT want COD anywhere near the Palin stage.

FIFM

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 11:14 PM

Not with Bee. Unless you want to lose a limb.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 11:09 PM

You’re cute. Share the weed and I’ll watch (drinking my vodka from the sidelines, of course). :)

Bee on August 31, 2011 at 11:14 PM

windansea on August 31, 2011 at 11:13 PM

Because that’s what “grassroots” means. People are flawed.

alwaysfiredup on August 31, 2011 at 11:15 PM

But thinking it a victory that you kept her out of office once she won the primary…

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 11:13 PM

Who has claimed this?

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 11:15 PM

PS..I still can’t get over Team Palin not letting COD speak..:)

Dire Straits on August 31, 2011 at 9:28 PM

I’m not sure that is was Team Palin. I have read and searched a lot today trying to find out what this flap is all about. I see a conflict between Ken Crow and Charlie Gruschow since they are not saying the same thing about this. It wouldn’t surprise me if Ken Crow would be leaving. Here is what Ken Crow said:

“We’re making room for her,” Ken Crow, president and founder of Tea Party of America, told The News Journal late Tuesday. (See full story here in Wednesday’s News Journal)

“We welcome her and look forward to hearing her speech,” Crow said in a telephone interview late Tuesday.
After news broke Tuesday across the Internet that a tea party group had dumped one of its own, Crow said he and other organizers had a change of heart, re-invited O’Donnell — and even offered to buy her a plane ticket to Des Moines.

“She is an institution of the tea party and we value her,” Crow said. “We felt bad about what happened and we’re going to pick up her plane ticket.”

O’Donnell won’t be paid a speaking fee, Crow said.

But another organizer of the event said Tuesday that they dropped O’Donnell because of email complaints from people about the former Delaware Senate candidate speaking.

“We decided not to have her speak,” Tea Party of America co-founder Charlie Gruschow told the Wall Street Journal. “We felt it was in the best interest of the movement.”

bluefox on August 31, 2011 at 11:15 PM

are you saying unseen is making things up?

windansea on August 31, 2011 at 11:13 PM

No. I’m saying your talk of infiltration and implication of some big spy ring total crap. But getting a Perry supporter who is the sole connection between the Palin camp, COD and the media somehow in the picture has nothing to do with this James Bond spy crap you’re playing it off to be.

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 11:16 PM

are you saying unseen is making things up?

windansea on August 31, 2011 at 11:13 PM

That’d be like saying water gets things wet.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 11:17 PM

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 11:13 PM

Wasn’t trying to impress–I misunderstood your “tea partier” remark. Apologies.

Bee on August 31, 2011 at 11:17 PM

Who has claimed this?

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Lol. Too rich man. Keep saving face.

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 11:17 PM

bluefox on August 31, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Wow..Karl Rove approves..:)

Dire Straits on August 31, 2011 at 11:18 PM

Wasn’t trying to impress–I misunderstood your “tea partier” remark. Apologies.

Bee on August 31, 2011 at 11:17 PM

Np. And apologies back atcha. I only return snark for snark, so being it was a misunderstanding, I apologize.

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 11:18 PM

Wasn’t trying to impress–I misunderstood your “tea partier” remark. Apologies.

Bee on August 31, 2011 at 11:17 PM

Good thing you apologized. miCon might have ruminated on how you would turn your back on your brother because you don’t like COD.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 11:19 PM

Lol. Too rich man. Keep saving face.

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 11:17 PM

It’s not saving face. I never said any such thing. Not that truth or honor mean much to you, as you’ve demonstrated.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 11:19 PM

bluefox on August 31, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Wow..Karl Rove approves..///:)

Dire Straits on August 31, 2011 at 11:18 PM

Just clarifying..:)

Dire Straits on August 31, 2011 at 11:21 PM

That’d be like saying water gets things wet.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 11:17 PM

lying about me again I see. which marxist are you going to help win in 2012?

unseen on August 31, 2011 at 11:21 PM

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 11:19 PM

It’s cool man. I’ve said I’m done with you for the night because you’re just talking nonsense – actually, you’re arguing like a liberal who focuses on everything except the actual gist of the debate – so I’m not going to save my sanity and not keep beating my head up against the wall that you’ve decided to be.

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 11:21 PM

Not that truth or honor mean much to you, as you’ve demonstrated.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 11:19 PM

Knock off the personal insults.

alwaysfiredup on August 31, 2011 at 11:22 PM

which marxist are you going to help win in 2012?

unseen on August 31, 2011 at 11:21 PM

Apparently Barack Obama if I don’t shut up and support anyone who opposes him without criticism.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 11:23 PM

bluefox on August 31, 2011 at 11:15 PM

windandfart and madcon will be accusing you have making crap up and getitng it wet soon.

unseen on August 31, 2011 at 11:23 PM

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 11:19 PM

Lol. You should know I don’t ruminate. We’ve gotten in tussles before and then had perfectly good discussions after. I just deal back what’s being dealt.

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 11:23 PM

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 11:23 PM

Why do I not think you are joking….strange that.

unseen on August 31, 2011 at 11:24 PM

Knock off the personal insults.

alwaysfiredup on August 31, 2011 at 11:22 PM

Don’t tell me what to do, especially when it’s something you haven’t had the temerity to tell people like miConservative and unseen to do a long while ago, you inconsistent twerp.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 11:24 PM

Apparently Barack Obama if I don’t shut up and support anyone who opposes him without criticism the winner of the GOP primary.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 11:23 PM

This is not terribly controversial around here.

alwaysfiredup on August 31, 2011 at 11:25 PM

I just deal back what’s being dealt.

miConsevative on August 31, 2011 at 11:23 PM

I didn’t deal you anything close to that, so quit spinning, creep.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 11:25 PM

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 11:24 PM

More namecalling. Don’t you have real arguments to make? This is beneath you.

alwaysfiredup on August 31, 2011 at 11:26 PM

This is not terribly controversial around here.

alwaysfiredup on August 31, 2011 at 11:25 PM

Wow. You’re so deep in denial you’re completely deluded. For months there was nothing but controversy about McCain, and there will be for Romney, and likely Perry as well.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 11:26 PM

More namecalling.

alwaysfiredup on August 31, 2011 at 11:26 PM

Address others about their doing it first, or shut the hell up. You are completely inconsistent and dishonest.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 11:27 PM

it is what it is. the photo of Perry and Crow and the article about Crow trashing Palin and saying he is looking to endorse Perry paints Perry and his campaign in a bad light. Perry and or his staff need to release a statement disavowing this guy.

unseen on August 31, 2011 at 9:28 PM

I think Crow is the fly in this ointment. He is the one making decisions for this event. He seems to be looking out for #1. It doesn’t appear he and Charlie Gruschow are in agreement with this COD being added at the last minute. Until more info comes out, I’m going to give Perry the benefit of the doubt:-) I think it is up to Crow to clarify what he is up to. If he wants to resign the TP and go with Perry, then he can say so. Perry wasn’t the one making all of the contacts to all of the MSM to give them a play by play on this flap, it was Crow.

bluefox on August 31, 2011 at 11:28 PM