Report: Palin headed to New Hampshire after tea-party speech in Iowa this weekend

posted at 10:06 pm on August 30, 2011 by Allahpundit

I know what you’re thinking, but wait.

High level Iowa Republicans tell TheIowaRepublican.com that Sarah Palin will fly to New Hampshire following her September 3rd appearance in central Iowa.

She’s in! Why else would she head to the other major early primary state so soon?

Possible reason:

Palin to joint Tea Party Express national tour. To speak Monday in Manchester, NH.

That’s from Chad Pergram, Fox News’s reporter on the Hill. When he says she’s “joining the tour,” I don’t know if he means joining it for that one event in New Hampshire or traveling with it across the country until it ends on September 12. They’re hitting a bunch of early primary states in addition to NH, arriving in South Carolina on September 9 and then Florida on the 10th, so if she announces on Saturday she could spend the next week making a mark in all four early primary states. Palin herself has steered people away from thinking that she’ll declare before Labor Day, though, so maybe she’s planning to do the tour, build up buzz, and then make the announcement after it ends. Note that the very last event on the TPE tour is the debate they’re co-sponsoring with CNN in Jacksonville on the 12th. She could announce that morning and then make her debut as a candidate that night. CNN will surely accommodate her by adding her at the last second. It’d be a ratings blow-out.

I hope for the sake of these poor people that she decides soon. They’ve been on pins and needles for years. Years!

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5

Christine O’Donnell………GO AWAY!!!!

Tea Party…..get away from her, she is media poison.

UGGGGGGGGH

PappyD61 on August 31, 2011 at 7:11 AM

Looks like SP will speak at a T-Party rally in NH.
She will attack Obama and bring down his numbers while some conservatives will attack Palin; pretty much like what’s been happening for 2.75 years.
Geochelone on August 31, 2011 at 3:35 AM

Ha! Do I have this right? -
Criticize Palin: Bad; Criticize Romney: Good.

P.S. I’m not sure that you can credit Palin for bringing Obama’s numbers down.

Buy Danish on August 31, 2011 at 7:15 AM

PappyD61 on August 31, 2011 at 7:11 AM

agree pappy

cmsinaz on August 31, 2011 at 7:28 AM

Someone mentioned Todd needing to be there for fishing season /rights in AK.

Is that more important than a Presidential campaign?

More ugggghhhhh.

Get the “is she running” flower out again.

PappyD61 on August 31, 2011 at 7:28 AM

Allahpundit’s posts about Palin absolutely DRIP sarcasm and condescension.

fossten on August 31, 2011 at 7:41 AM

Gee, a woman whose main career right now is making appearances and giving speeches is going to make some appearances and give some speeches. Stop the presses.

For gosh sakes, that’s what politicians are supposed to do. What do you expect -she should kiss a baby grizzly on TV or something. Look, Obama has this brilliant money raising organization(plus stimulus millions) and this lady is equalling his public face time without spending a red cent. She has more media time than if she had announced way back, without being reduced to ne of the pack talk. She’s sheer genious -always in the limelight-while the media has pulled every punch they can and only served to elevate her.

Giving free publicized speeches? What do you expect her to do to appear presidential -play golf?

Don L on August 31, 2011 at 7:41 AM

O/t – my take.

kingsjester on August 31, 2011 at 7:44 AM

P.S. I’m not sure that you can credit Palin for bringing Obama’s numbers down.

Buy Danish on August 31, 2011 at 7:15 AM

LOL – Obama has managed that all on his own.

Having just visited this thread for the first time this morning, I think there are a couple of problems for Palin. I like her, so this is more about rehabilitation than dismissal.

First, Twerp represents middle-aged women who despise Palin for a host of reasons stated. As a middle-aged woman myself, I think the biggest problem for Palin with this group is simply jealousy. Before I get slammed, leet me explain. We are the generation that inherited the idea that women can do it all – can have careers and great marriages and families. We can be fulfilled on all levels. The reality is that very few of us CAN manage family and career and feel we are doing it at the level we want. That is an important point. It’s hard to see a woman who has managed to balance all the balls and not feel a desire to drag her down to the level the rest of us are operating on. This is where Palin’s strength as a retail politician is going to have to focus. She has convinced the group of women who do not feel competitive about the career/family dynamic already. It’s the group that is trying to juggle all the balls and compete on all levels and the group that has given up careers for child-rearing and made that a high-powered job that she will have to win over. Not impossible, but it’s very very easy for this group to be dismissive of her accomplishments – “she quits when it gets tough,” ” she’s just an attention-monger.”. You know the drill.

She is also going to have to explain herself why she resigned in Alaska. I know why and you know why, but the average person does not know why. She will have to make this as clear as she can on the campaign trail while not allowing this to define her candidacy. It will have to be done on major networks, as she cannot appear dismissive of this concern and the idea that she is afraid of the MSM.

I am a big fan of Palin, and I don’t see these as obstacles that cannot be overcome, but I do think that she has to be realistic about her perceived weaknesses and address them. I’m confident she can.

piglet on August 31, 2011 at 7:48 AM

kingsjester on August 31, 2011 at 7:44 AM

the community organizer in chief strikes again

clueless

cmsinaz on August 31, 2011 at 7:48 AM

Allahpundit’s posts about Palin absolutely DRIP sarcasm and condescension.

fossten on August 31, 2011 at 7:41 AM

Oh you caught that. Smart power!!!

CW on August 31, 2011 at 7:51 AM

piglet on August 31, 2011 at 7:48 AM

Good post.

I have to agree with you especially when it comes to her resignation. There are a number of conservative and independent friends of mine that can’t get over her “quitting” and they think the only reason was for fortune and fame. That’s what they have been told.

Her answer in a debate and follow up speeches and interviews will determine her future. That’s if she gets in.

If she can get over the hurdle of the resignation she’ll be able to persuade some the jealous ones.

CTSherman on August 31, 2011 at 8:10 AM

CTSherman on August 31, 2011 at 8:10 AM
Yeah-because the only reason why someone could possibly have a problem/Sarah Palin is because they’re jealous of her fame and fortune.
///

annoyinglittletwerp on August 31, 2011 at 8:17 AM

piglet on August 31, 2011 at 7:48 AM

I do not buy the “jealousy” meme. There are a lot of things I like, and a lot I don’t like about Palin. The things I don’t like (which include her shrieky voice and her tendency to butcher the English language) have nothing to do with jealousy. She’s a beautiful woman but needs a new stylist. That is not jealousy, it’s an observation.

I do agree it was a mistake for her to quit if she intends to run. I would add that I was very critical of her resignation speech as it was very poorly constructed. Again, that is not “jealousy”…

Buy Danish on August 31, 2011 at 8:23 AM

Buy Danish on August 31, 2011 at 8:23 AM

So you don’t like her a cause she don’t talk purdy like that Romney feller.

darwin-t on August 31, 2011 at 8:33 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on August 31, 2011 at 8:17 AM

You don’t think there are a number of women that are jealous/envious of her success? You may not be in that group yourself but there are plenty out there that are.

It’s human nature.

CTSherman on August 31, 2011 at 8:36 AM

This is just a hunch, given the fact that Palin is making a relatively short (probably <15 min) speech to the crowd, but she may have decided to call an audible for Monday. Saturday's speech is apparently a "platform" speech.

Everybody has thought she was going to announce in Iowa.

Why not announce on Labor Day?

victor82 on August 31, 2011 at 8:36 AM

her shrieky voice

needs a new stylist

Buy Danish on August 31, 2011 at 8:23 AM

The depth of your analysis leaves me in awe.

I like her forthright position against quantitative easing, in order to preserve a stronger dollar for economic growth in the future.

I also like the way she has consistently linked domestic energy production, fiscal health of our government and national security.

Not many people have been doing that.

I also like the way she was unafraid to tackle corruption issues with her own party structure in her state, exactly the opposite of Obama’s rise through the notoriously corrupt Democrat machine in Chicago and Illinois.

I also like the way she has defended and promoted the Tea Party Movement over the last couple of years, and as a result took more crap on it’s behalf than anyone else in public life.

I like her cheerful nature and optimistic approach to eviscerating Obama. I like her reminding people of just how great Ronald Reagan actually was for America.

I like the fact that she never has relented in her pride in our country, and overt love for it’s traditions and people, especially those who sacrifice for us all in the military services.

There is a lot more to like than not, in my opinion.

I also do not have a problem with her voice, or her hair, or her make up, or her clothes.

Go ahead and fret over a “stylist”, or voice if you must.

Brian1972 on August 31, 2011 at 8:40 AM

While I might buy that jealousy thing about women ‘out there’ for people who have no idea… but that is not the case here on this site. No, for some reason ALT and others feel perfectly free to insult other commenter’s on this site because of who we support…I don’t call that jealousy.

tinkerthinker on August 31, 2011 at 8:41 AM

Buy Danish on August 31, 2011 at 8:23 AM

Meow

CTSherman on August 31, 2011 at 8:41 AM

Buy Danish on August 31, 2011 at 8:23 AM

And don’t think Perry won’t use that quitter meme to his advantage. This whole story about them being friends goes out the window if she enters. There’s a reason he’s never lost an election, not only state elections, but at A&M as well. He can be charmingly ruthless. Personally, I think she’s trying to stay out as long as possible because she wants to avoid as many debates as she can. She has a habit of turning the English language into a word salad.

TxAnn56 on August 31, 2011 at 8:44 AM

If I were Palin – here is what I would do.

1.) Announce you will run.
2.) Shortly after that – announce cabinet choices
3.) Announce what your first 3 months will office will consist of.
4.) Announce what measures Obama passed that you will work to repeal
5.) Announce your energy plan for the nation
6.) Announce your deficit reduction plan (freeze – cut 1% per year)

Do not run a classic campaign – run with a plan and let people know the kind of people who will be in your cabinet.

Be very very specific.

jake-the-goose on August 31, 2011 at 8:45 AM

piglet on August 31, 2011 at 7:48 AM

Excellent post. I agree with every word. On the quitting issue, Palin needs to explain a few things:

The ease with which the AK rules she worked under allowed for ethics charges to be filed. FFS, she had a complaint filed because the jacket she wore to watch Todd in a sled race had a logo on it—like just about every jacket made by a quality sportswear manufacturer does.

How much money she and her family would have had to spend answering the complaint as it winds through the system before it gets in front of a human judge who can say, “GTFO of my courtroom and quit wasting my time!”

How she was legally barred from using legal defense funds, PAC money, or AK state resources in helping her with these costs. The whole “Duh, she’s Governor, money should fall from Heaven somehow to help with those costs, right?” is a specious notion.

Maybe she can get into the 0bama Administration ties of the people filing the complaints. How much of Porkulus went into filing fees in AK?

Sekhmet on August 31, 2011 at 8:45 AM

Buy Danish on August 31, 2011 at 8:23 AM

Protesteth too much?

fossten on August 31, 2011 at 8:46 AM

If she is in, it’s just another hurdle for Perry to clear…
It’s Perry’s to lose…
She is great, has a great following, but there is no “depth” to the following.
Her playing around hurt her even more with the independents, they are looking for a leader, someone that was willing to jump right…she decided to play the political game, wrong strategy at the wrong election.

right2bright on August 31, 2011 at 8:47 AM

Buy Danish on August 31, 2011 at 8:23 AM

LOL

tinkerthinker on August 31, 2011 at 8:50 AM

Go ahead and fret over a “stylist”, or voice if you must.

Brian1972 on August 31, 2011 at 8:40 AM

Some judge differently than others:

“I remember distinctly an image of–we were sitting on his couches, and I was looking at his pant leg and his perfectly creased pant,” Brooks says, “and I’m thinking, a) he’s going to be president and b) he’ll be a very good president.”

LOL

I’m looking a little deeper this time around. I want substance and conviction. Palin has both.

Fallon on August 31, 2011 at 8:50 AM

Protesteth too much?

fossten on August 31, 2011 at 8:46 AM

In other words, give no advice to Sarah, she is perfect…hope she isn’t as “prima-donna” as her followers.

right2bright on August 31, 2011 at 8:50 AM

she decided to play the political game, wrong strategy at the wrong election.

right2bright on August 31, 2011 at 8:47 AM

You have it backwards. Now, Perry is playing the political game, and she is not. This argument of yours just doesn’t make much sense.

The votes will be cast on election day, nobody is changing that and it’s a long way off.

Regardless, all will be revealed soon enough.

By October 1, the field will really be settled as far as new people getting in. Then we get to watch the drop outs pick up steam, and the real action gets going closer to Halloween-Thanksgiving.

I heard Dick Cheney on Fox and Friends in the last hour say something I have been saying for a while now, that most people are not even paying much attention to this race as of yet.

It’s really only the political junkies like us who are watching it closely at this point. Things will change many times over between now and the time to count the votes in Iowa.

Brian1972 on August 31, 2011 at 8:56 AM

If she is in, it’s just another hurdle for Perry to clear…
It’s Perry’s to lose…
She is great, has a great following, but there is no “depth” to the following.

right2bright on August 31, 2011 at 8:47 AM

You could be right about Perry. But I think it will turn out to be Palin/Perry. Nothing in the rule book that says our candidate has to be chosen at this time.

Since the election season is just starting she has plenty of time.

tinkerthinker on August 31, 2011 at 8:56 AM

Allahpundit’s posts about Palin absolutely DRIP sarcasm and condescension.

fossten on August 31, 2011 at 7:41 AM

Pot, kettle, black.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 8:56 AM

right2bright on August 31, 2011 at 8:50 AM

Kind of like saying:

Perry is going to need to get rid of his Texas twang-drawl. It reminds them of GWB. He needs to stop sounding like a preacher and needs to stop talking with his hands so much. Many people don’t like being preached to.

CTSherman on August 31, 2011 at 9:01 AM

Pot, kettle, black.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2011 at 8:56 AM

Retards are funny.

MadisonConservative on April 16, 2011 at 4:55 PM

fossten on August 31, 2011 at 9:02 AM

right2bright on August 31, 2011 at 8:50 AM

Did you send her an e-mail?

Ahhh, that isn’t advice to Sarah.

tinkerthinker on August 31, 2011 at 9:02 AM

right2bright on August 31, 2011 at 8:50 AM

Unsolicited advice is worth every penny paid for it.

fossten on August 31, 2011 at 9:03 AM

Could Palin even beat Perry?

1/2 term quitter versus 10 year multi-term job creatin machine in Tejas with the 13th largest economy in the entire universe?

Conventional wisdom says she should just give it up, keep doing the bus tours, and stay in Wasilla (like Barbara Bush suggested) where hockey moms belong.

Besides, she’s not running. She’s bussing.

PappyD61 on August 31, 2011 at 9:03 AM

Could Palin even beat Perry?

PappyD61 on August 31, 2011 at 9:03 AM

I’d like to see her try.

CTSherman on August 31, 2011 at 9:05 AM

She may be campaigning, and doing so without spending any campaign money, getting a lot of free publicity from the press and the tea party people, while waiting for some of the dropouts to do their thing. Seems smart to me. A lot of us in the NW don’t talk the same as those of you in the enlightened areas of the country, so as long as she gets her point across, see death panels, what’s the problem.

Kissmygrits on August 31, 2011 at 9:10 AM

Could Palin even beat Perry?

PappyD61 on August 31, 2011 at 9:03 AM

I’d like to see her try.

CTSherman on August 31, 2011 at 9:05 AM

I would like to see them try to beat her.

Competition is a good thing.

Let the voters choose.

Brian1972 on August 31, 2011 at 9:10 AM

Could Palin even beat Perry?

PappyD61 on August 31, 2011 at 9:03 AM

I’m a Texan and I would vote for Palin over Perry. Perry over anybody else. Perry- establishment rep with conservative ideas. Palin – the real deal.

tinkerthinker on August 31, 2011 at 9:14 AM

piglet on August 31, 2011 at 7:48 AM

Buy Danish on August 31, 2011 at 8:23 AM

Perhaps jealousy is the wrong word. I live in a town where the college you attended and the career path you chose defines who you are. It is a hyper-competitive place and when women give up their careers to raise children, they are very critical of women who are trying to “do it all.” I see this lifestyle envy aimed at Sarah Palin and I think she is going to have to figure out how to sway this voting block. Notice that I haven’t commented on her looks – that is not what this very large group of women are claiming to care about.

It’s easy to be envious of attractive and successful women. You can look for excuses to not like them, but a big part of her negatives with this voting block is that she makes them feel inferior. Sarah Palin has accomplished a ton in her professional life AND raised a family AND stayed fit and healthy, etc. I think women will have to confront whether their issues with her are about her or about how her accomplishments make them feel a little small.

There are a lot of politicians who massacre the English language. Why, we have one in the WH right now. The people who can convey shared principles and plans for the future are the ones who will win. Palin has managed that beautifully.

piglet on August 31, 2011 at 9:36 AM

If she is in, it’s just another hurdle for Perry to clear…
It’s Perry’s to lose…
She is great, has a great following, but there is no “depth” to the following.

right2bright on August 31, 2011 at 8:47 AM

You sure used a lot of words to write something so stupid.

NoNails on August 31, 2011 at 9:51 AM

Could Palin even beat Perry?

Obama would stomp them both, so it really doesn’t matter.

Moesart on August 31, 2011 at 10:18 AM

I hope for the sake of these poor people that she decides soon

Unlike Obama she would represent ALL the people and not just his Chicago friends and wealthy donors.

Herb on August 31, 2011 at 10:19 AM

Buy Danish on August 31, 2011 at 8:23 AM

petty does not begin to describe your comment.

unseen on August 31, 2011 at 10:20 AM

Buy Danish on August 31, 2011 at 8:23 AM

This seems to be a standard response for the anti-Palin crowd. I don’t like a bunch of really shallow things (hair, voice, etc)about her but don’t call ne jealous

No matter how many times it’s explained that she had to personally fund her defense against frivelous ethics lawsuits it appears that some are too dense to understand it and will harp about how “if she’s POTUS she’d be sued also. Apparently most oy you have an extra 500K sitting around in petty cash to cover legal fees. Of course that ignores the reality that a sitting Pres is not subject to funding or even having personal lawsuits filed against them. Unless she has a 100% working crystal ball she couldn’t know that she’d make the money she’s making and when did conservatives find making money objectionable anyway?

katiejane on August 31, 2011 at 10:22 AM

Obama would stomp them both, so it really doesn’t matter.

Moesart on August 31, 2011 at 10:18 AM

didn’t you get the new marching orders? Mitt now needs Palin in the race. You need to get with the new program for Mitt supporters. Palin good/Perry bad. I know I know it will be hard for you to change from bashing Palin but your guy now needs Palin so…..

unseen on August 31, 2011 at 10:24 AM

when did conservatives find making money objectionable anyway?

katiejane on August 31, 2011 at 10:22 AM

Since it allowed Gov Palin to become a force at the highest levels. If only she would have remained a broke middle class politician then she would n
‘t be able to run a national campaign you see. Thus in Palin’s c ase her making money is a bad thing. a very bad thing.

unseen on August 31, 2011 at 10:26 AM

Ah, I see the usual suspects are out. In response to a comment that people don’t like Sarah because they are “jealous” I respond by saying I don’t like that Sarah tortures the English language (did I mention how annoying it is that she drops her ‘g’s?). Somehow, in the twisted thinking of ardent Palinistas that makes me “petty” and “jealous”. No it does not, but does make you all “childish”. If you all don’t think that how people speak and present themselves matters when winning elections you beyond clueless. How do you think The O got elected? It wasn’t because he had awesome policy positions, that’s for damn sure.

P.S. Someone is filling in for Boortz. Didn’t catch his name but he said “People are tired of the tease, she needs to fish or cut bait”. I’ve been saying the same thing. I guess we’re both “jealous”./

Buy Danish on August 31, 2011 at 10:30 AM

Obama would stomp them both, so it really doesn’t matter.

Moesart on August 31, 2011 at 10:18 AM

Obama can’t even brush his teeth without a party minder telling him how to do it.

darwin on August 31, 2011 at 10:31 AM

Buy Danish on August 31, 2011 at 10:30 AM

It’s almost like it’s a meme, or something.

steebo77 on August 31, 2011 at 10:35 AM

Heads explode!!!!!

Heads explode!!!!!

Abdicate!!!!

faraway on August 31, 2011 at 10:36 AM

It’s almost like it’s a meme, or something.

steebo77 on August 31, 2011 at 10:35 AM

I like how the same people on the right that use talking points cry about how the left uses talking points. they really think we are stupid. Sadly some people like Buy danish continue to buy into it.

unseen on August 31, 2011 at 10:40 AM

piglet on August 31, 2011 at 9:36 AM

I agree. I think there are lots of regrets out there but they are projecting those regrets onto someone who didn’t make those choices for them.

I’ve been thinking about this for a while. How to reach the millions of women who believed the ironically named women’s movements and had abortions because it was their right to be child-free and it was only a cluster of cells.

Many now feel regrets but that sense of loss has turned into steely resolve not to feel regret, not publicly, anyway. They are internally fighting with themselves.

How to unshackle them from the Democratic party without making them feeling like hypocrites. It is a touchy but interesting subject.

Fallon on August 31, 2011 at 10:41 AM

Buy Danish on August 31, 2011 at 10:30 AM

If you don’t like dropping “g”s and improper speech, Perry must make you crazy.

Barack was elected due to promising everything to gullible idiots, white guilt and the fear of being called a racist.

Beyond that, Palin will or won’t get in. She will or won’t get the nomination. We’ll see. That’s what primaries are for, so why stress about it? Whoever wins, wins. I will support the winner regardless. What will you do?

Irritable Pundit on August 31, 2011 at 10:44 AM

did I mention how annoying it is that she drops her ‘g’s?)

Buy Danish on August 31, 2011 at 10:30 AM

You must hate to go outside. Most people drop their ‘g’s out in the real world.

Walk out the door. Get to know us. We’re fun.

faraway on August 31, 2011 at 10:51 AM

If you don’t like dropping “g”s and improper speech, Perry must make you crazy.

Palin’s repeated rape of the English language makes Perry look like an Oxford English Professor.

You-Eh-Vee on August 31, 2011 at 10:52 AM

If you don’t like dropping “g”s and improper speech, Perry must make you crazy.

You-Eh-Vee on August 31, 2011 at 10:52 AM

Nonsense. Get your PDS under control. I’m from Texas and even I think Perry sounds like a hick when he let’s his guard down. I just don’t judge because of that. Perry is a tough competitor, that he sounds like a extra from gunsmoke is not a negative. There are many different sounding parts of the country. Your regionalisms are not “right” just because you are used to them or think they sound “better”.

Irritable Pundit on August 31, 2011 at 10:59 AM

Don L on August 31, 2011 at 7:41 AM

Good one!

Amjean on August 31, 2011 at 10:59 AM

Irritable Pundit on August 31, 2011 at 10:59 AM

Regionalism has nothing to do with it.

You-Eh-Vee on August 31, 2011 at 11:13 AM

piglet on August 31, 2011 at 9:36 AM

Nicely said!

Amjean on August 31, 2011 at 11:16 AM

I personally still believe she will run. I think it would be good to have a ticket of Perry/Palin. I know she might not want to play the role of second fiddle again, but it would give her more exposure as vice President and a good leg up to run for President after Perry’s term(s) is up.

Jesse on August 31, 2011 at 11:31 AM

Buy Danish on August 31, 2011 at 10:30 AM

Please. You responded to my initial comment with “she needs a stylist.” That is petty. I don’t know you – are you jealous of her accomplishments?

Obama won because he gives a good speech and he swore up and down that he was going to be a moderate unifier. People who should know better wanted to be convinced. It’s going to take solid policy positions, an ability to articulate them, and a willingness to stand up and fight to win this time round. Like it or not, pretty much every Palin supporter or skeptic knows where she stands on the big issues of the day. That is huge. She has 100% name recognition, she doesn’t need to get into the game early. You know what they say, “there is no such thing about bad PR.” Palin has a lot of time and room to redefine herself. She can operate on her timeline, not yours, and it is clear that people will pay attention to her.

piglet on August 31, 2011 at 11:33 AM

I will say though that if reports are true that she has canceled the Iowa appearance this weekend, that is a big mistake. People are planning to travel there to see her and last minute pfaffing around with her schedule is not smart.

piglet on August 31, 2011 at 11:45 AM

It’s almost like it’s a meme, or something.
steebo77 on August 31, 2011 at 10:35 AM

Riiight. Cause it couldn’t be a totally normal reaction to her coy games.

Irritable Pundit on August 31, 2011 at 10:44 AM

if you don’t like dropping “g”s and improper speech, Perry must make you crazy.

He very well might. I’m waiting for the debates.

I will support the winner regardless. What will you do?

Anyone but Paul.

piglet on August 31, 2011 at 11:33 AM

Sigh. No, I am not jealous of her! I believe is a ludicrous explanation as to why some people aren’t totally sold on Palin. I pointed out things about her that couldn’t possibly make me jealous, yet you turn around and respond that I must be jealous. It reminds me of whiny third grade girls. She doesn’t like me cause she’s jealous. It couldn’t possibly be that the girl is unlikeable.

You know what they say, “there is no such thing about bad PR.”
piglet on August 31, 2011 at 11:33 AM

Well “they” are fools if “they” believe that holds true for a candidate.

So what? I’m just pointing out that a lot of people find her behavior annoying and that it has nothing to do with jealousy.

Buy Danish on August 31, 2011 at 12:02 PM

piglet on August 31, 2011 at 11:45 AM

I thought there was no such thing as bad P.R.

Buy Danish on August 31, 2011 at 12:04 PM

Buy Danish on August 31, 2011 at 12:02 PM

You are debating with Palin cultists. These people are ruled by their delusions. It’s kind of hard to use logic with these people.

Really Right on August 31, 2011 at 12:07 PM

piglet on August 31, 2011 at 11:45 AM

As I do not know all the facts, I cannot say yet it is a mistake to
cancel the Iowa appearance. However, I must say that when I heard that Christine O’Donnell requested herself to be on the podium,
if you will, I immediately smelled a rat. That woman is nothing
but trouble. She would say or do something stupid that would
ruin or mask the positive message from Palin. She is an attention grabbing nitwit.

There is something very wrong with this Tea Party organization,
or lack of, to start muddying up the waters at this late date.
I smell another rat.

At any rate, it gives the appearance of a disorganized Palin
camp; a label the LSM and the dems have been trying to put on
Palin for a few years now.

This adds fuel to the fire. I am disappointed.

The Palin camp should by now realize what can and will go wrong
and take preemptive steps to prevent these mishaps. Whoever
organized this event with the Tea Party should be fired; the person
who leaked the tweats to RCP should be fired; the person with
the back and forth tidbit info should be fired.

Amjean on August 31, 2011 at 12:20 PM

Buy Danish on August 31, 2011 at 12:02 PM

Really Right on August 31, 2011 at 12:07 PM

Why are you here commenting on this thread then? PDS

tinkerthinker on August 31, 2011 at 12:25 PM

Buy Danish on August 31, 2011 at 12:02 PM

Really Right on August 31, 2011 at 12:07 PM

You know, that is such BS. It’s been mentioned here a lot that Palin has problems with middle class women. I was indicating what I thought that problem might be. I do think that she has a problem with her resignation and she has to go to the public in a more forthright manner and I’m called a “cultist”. Seriously, who is delusional?

piglet on August 31, 2011 at 11:33 AM

I just find your “she needs a stylist” comment sad. It’s superficial and petty. I don’t care why you don’t like Palin frankly, but to talk about her “screechy voice” and how dropping her ‘g’s drives you crazy is pathetic. Do you share her political views? Do you like her policy positions?

I do think she can do a better job speaking off the cuff, but as someone who also gets tongue-tied I can sympathize with how difficult it can be to marshall your thoughts into coherent commentary. My preference in this election was Paul Ryan, who is excellent at articulating conservative values and positions. I’m a fan of wonks and geeks. However, Palin is willing to fight on all fronts and I like people who are willing to take on the establishment.

piglet on August 31, 2011 at 11:45 AM

I thought there was no such thing as bad P.R.

Buy Danish on August 31, 2011 at 12:04 PM

PR is not the same as a bad decision. Get over yourself.

piglet on August 31, 2011 at 12:29 PM

Why are you here commenting on this thread then? PDS
tinkerthinker on August 31, 2011 at 12:25 PM

You ask, “why”, I ask “why not?”.

Buy Danish on August 31, 2011 at 12:29 PM

WHAT A MESS!!!

Hellfreakinglo. Christine O’Donnell’s book is called “TROUBLEMAKER”.

I’m telling you she’s the next John Ziegler MSNBC Media Whore.

PURGE C.O.D!!!

PappyD61 on August 31, 2011 at 12:34 PM

January 20, 2013 cannot come soon enough. Make this go viral!

Akzed on August 31, 2011 at 12:38 PM

piglet on August 31, 2011 at 12:29 PM

Get over yourself. You know what’s “petty”? Telling people they’re “jealous”.

I have repeatedly said at Hot Air that I agree with most of Palin’s policy positions. I mentioned things people could not possibly be “jealous” of to make a point about how ludicrous the “jealousy” argument is. Sorry that this is above your head.

PR is not the same as a bad decision.

Actually if the bad decision results in bad p.r. it’s the same fracking thing.

Buy Danish on August 31, 2011 at 12:39 PM

You ask, “why”, I ask “why not?”.

Buy Danish on August 31, 2011 at 12:29 PM

Because by your logic that only leaves you to talk to yourselves so why bother?..

tinkerthinker on August 31, 2011 at 12:41 PM

Why are you here commenting on this thread then? PDS
tinkerthinker on August 31, 2011 at 12:25 PM

You ask, “why”, I ask “why not?”.

Buy Danish on August 31, 2011 at 12:29 PM

I don’t know why you choose to misread my comments and label me a “Palinista”. That belittles your arguments.

As I said, this is not about how pretty Palin is, this is about why a group of middle class women might not like Palin. I don’t know anything about you other than your blog roll indicates that we read a lot of the same bloggers and media. My observation is that Palin is having trouble with women who have either A) tried to juggle family and a career and don’t feel they are doing either well, and/or B) women who have given up careers to raise their families. I don’t see that problem with women who don’t have that family vs. career dynamic. I interpret this problem as “lifestyle envy”. You may interpret my thoughts as high school sociology, but then I’m not the one obsessed with her looks, so maybe you’re projecting?

The sad thing is we’re on the same team. I’m willing to take an honest look at whoever you’re supporting. I’m also willing to shed the rosy glasses when I look at Palin’s negatives. Why aren’t you?

piglet on August 31, 2011 at 12:50 PM

Get over yourself. You know what’s “petty”? Telling people they’re “jealous”.

PR is not the same as a bad decision.

Actually if the bad decision results in bad p.r. it’s the same fracking thing.

Buy Danish on August 31, 2011 at 12:39 PM

Been fun, I think. Have you thought about why middle class women don’t like Palin, other than yourself I mean?

piglet on August 31, 2011 at 12:54 PM

tinkerthinker on August 31, 2011 at 12:41 PM

What? Sorry if I don’t follow your “logic” but you are not making any sense.

piglet on August 31, 2011 at 12:50 PM

I didn’t call you a Palinista; I was making a general comment about the “usual suspects” like, say, unseen who cannot abide by any criticism of Palin.

As for why women don’t like Palin I don’t think it’s because they are jealous of her lifestyle! To the extent that some hideous ’60s feminists like the Betty Friedan types might be “jealous”, fine, but they’re not going to vote for any Republican, ever. However, I absolutely do not buy the argument that middle class (and I would add upper middle class to that) conservative leaning women/mothers are jealous or envious, or whatever you want to call it. For the record, it doesn’t bother me in the least that she hunts and fishes; I think it’s great. I just don’t like that she calls it huntin’ and fishin’.

BTW, I don’t like Obama’s mom jeans. Does that make me petty? Does that make people who criticize him “jealous”? How about Ed and Allah who joke about it?

Buy Danish on August 31, 2011 at 1:32 PM

Terrific!/ The different Tea Party groups are now at war with each other. FreedomWorks v. Tea Party Express. One thinks the other are “poseurs” and damaging the “Tea Party brand”. Who knew they had a patent with exclusive rights to speak for the millions of people who consider themselves to be part of the grassroots tea party movement!

Buy Danish on August 31, 2011 at 1:45 PM

Fixed the link for you. They’re the ones on pins and needles and heads aquiver.

AH_C on August 31, 2011 at 2:06 PM

piglet on August 31, 2011 at 7:48 AM

Kudos. My sister thinks this concious/subconsicous jealousy is THE leading factor of so-called conservatives and their visceral dislike. She thinks that if they were conservatives 1st and foremost, they wouldn’t let that pettiness cloud their judgement. IOW, they’re judging with their emotions and not with their heads.

AH_C on August 31, 2011 at 2:16 PM

AH_C on August 31, 2011 at 2:16 PM

Ha! Who cares what your sister thinks?! Great way to double down on preposterous.

Buy Danish on August 31, 2011 at 2:22 PM

AH_C
Hey, maybe your sister could analyze ACE.

I also know there is no point in saying this, but Ms. Palin’s current jobs are 1, to appear on FoxNews, and 2, to manage her appearances, and she is forever cancelling appearances for one reason or another. This doesn’t give me confidence in her management abilities, but I’m sure that’s just because I hate women.

Buy Danish on August 31, 2011 at 2:24 PM

You-Eh-Vee on August 31, 2011 at 10:52 AM

Perry’s repeated rape of our constitution makes Palin look like the one to beat.

wheelgun on August 31, 2011 at 9:39 PM

piglet on August 31, 2011 at 9:36 AM

No, jealousy was the correct word for many here. For others, it’s not believing a woman should be in a position of authority.

There are several female commenters that fit into one, if not both, sentences above…

Gohawgs on August 31, 2011 at 10:01 PM

It’s almost like it’s a meme, or something.

steebo77 on August 31, 2011 at 10:35 AM

A meme constructed to deflect Palin’s own words on the matter. Her repeated statements about waiting to see who got in (and out) would help decide whether she runs or not. Those statements necessarily mean a late entry, if at all…

Gohawgs on August 31, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Buy Danish on August 31, 2011 at 2:24 PM

“cept Ace was wrong…

Gohawgs on August 31, 2011 at 10:16 PM

Poor ole Allahpundit. Once again he is a witness to the star power of the woman he declared was finished as a politician ‘for years. YEARS!’ /sarc

I hope for the sake of Allah’s sanity that she decides soon. ;o)

DannoJyd on September 1, 2011 at 4:02 AM

Ha! Do I have this right? -
Criticize Palin: Bad; Criticize Romney: Good.

Buy Danish on August 31, 2011 at 7:15 AM

That depends. Is the criticism equitable? If the criticism against Romney is in regards to his less than conservative policy and issues positions, and the criticism against Palin is the “Abdicate!11!1 Unelectable!!!” style of worthless personal ad hominem, then the answer to your question is yes.

I’ve yet to read a valid criticism of Gov. Palin regarding her stated position on an issue. The left doesn’t like her policy positions, but that should be expected of any true conservative.

Freelancer on September 1, 2011 at 8:44 AM