Report: Palin headed to New Hampshire after tea-party speech in Iowa this weekend

posted at 10:06 pm on August 30, 2011 by Allahpundit

I know what you’re thinking, but wait.

High level Iowa Republicans tell TheIowaRepublican.com that Sarah Palin will fly to New Hampshire following her September 3rd appearance in central Iowa.

She’s in! Why else would she head to the other major early primary state so soon?

Possible reason:

Palin to joint Tea Party Express national tour. To speak Monday in Manchester, NH.

That’s from Chad Pergram, Fox News’s reporter on the Hill. When he says she’s “joining the tour,” I don’t know if he means joining it for that one event in New Hampshire or traveling with it across the country until it ends on September 12. They’re hitting a bunch of early primary states in addition to NH, arriving in South Carolina on September 9 and then Florida on the 10th, so if she announces on Saturday she could spend the next week making a mark in all four early primary states. Palin herself has steered people away from thinking that she’ll declare before Labor Day, though, so maybe she’s planning to do the tour, build up buzz, and then make the announcement after it ends. Note that the very last event on the TPE tour is the debate they’re co-sponsoring with CNN in Jacksonville on the 12th. She could announce that morning and then make her debut as a candidate that night. CNN will surely accommodate her by adding her at the last second. It’d be a ratings blow-out.

I hope for the sake of these poor people that she decides soon. They’ve been on pins and needles for years. Years!

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 5

She’s in!

Maybe.

Electrongod on August 30, 2011 at 10:08 PM

Palinistas got wood.

CW on August 30, 2011 at 10:09 PM

And some people here thought she would support Perry…LOL

It’s going to be an amazing weekend..:)

idesign on August 30, 2011 at 10:10 PM

Palinistas got wood.

CW on August 30, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Hopefully not from Rain forests.

Electrongod on August 30, 2011 at 10:11 PM

Palinistas got wood.

CW on August 30, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Shriveled up?

idesign on August 30, 2011 at 10:11 PM

She’s in… got to keep the cult alive… and a speaking gig at the convention.

ninjapirate on August 30, 2011 at 10:12 PM

Get your Kleenex ready. It will be fun to watch.

Schadenfreude on August 30, 2011 at 10:13 PM

sound the troll horn!

Sekhmet on August 30, 2011 at 10:14 PM

She will get in. I’m keeping my political contribution dollars dry until she announces her candidacy. She is the only one who has always been right and always in the lead on all the issues. That is the true character of a strong and dynamic leader. Just the type of person to president. She is the Republican Party’s Mary Poppins — “practically perfect in every way”.

scrubjay on August 30, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Been out of it a while, but I heard they rescinded their invitation to Christine O’Donnell?

I have to say it, and then I’ll duck the incoming… but you know who her entry helps? If Palin and Perry go into the cage match for the Beckite tea partier wing, then my guess is that both Romney and Paul could benefit, at least temporarily, albeit with different bases.

Firefly_76 on August 30, 2011 at 10:14 PM

She’s in… got to keep the cult alive… and a speaking gig at the convention.

ninjapirate on August 30, 2011 at 10:12 PM

And something for you to keep talking about, right.

bluemarlin on August 30, 2011 at 10:15 PM

Palinisters may I suggest some low dose aspirin?

CW on August 30, 2011 at 10:15 PM

If she enters, Rudy declares next.

Schadenfreude on August 30, 2011 at 10:16 PM

That’s piss poor sarcasm. You just come across as third grade writer.

promachus on August 30, 2011 at 10:16 PM

She’s strung people along for such a long time with her inability to make a decision I can’t fathom how anyone can picture her as the next leader of the U.S. of A but whatever, it’s a free country and she’s free to er um as long as she wants I guess.

scalleywag on August 30, 2011 at 10:16 PM

I’ll just wait for Karl Rove to tell me what this means.

SouthernGent on August 30, 2011 at 10:18 PM

That’s piss poor sarcasm. You just come across as third grade writer.

promachus on August 30, 2011 at 10:16 PM

Wasn’t sarcasm, actually. I really do feel for them. They’re out there organizing without knowing if their work will pay off at all.

Are you never in a good mood, grumpy? Even the imminent prospect of your fondest dream, a Palin candidacy, doesn’t seem to lighten you up.

Allahpundit on August 30, 2011 at 10:18 PM

If she’s NOT running, she’s the biggest tease in the country outside of….well you know…..

Just announce yes or no already, woman.

B Man on August 30, 2011 at 10:18 PM

That’s piss poor sarcasm. You just come across as third grade writer.

promachus on August 30, 2011 at 10:16 PM

You shouldn’t be allowed to spit on his writing shoes. Also unsurpassed are his wit, ability to compile myriad of information, his objectivity and self-deprecation.

You are a tiny person.

Schadenfreude on August 30, 2011 at 10:19 PM

christine o’donnell has been re-invited…

From Twitter: “ChristineOD: In Troublemaker I talk about ‘rising above it’, and have humbly re-accepted the re-invitation to speak in Iowa on Saturday.”

dforston on August 30, 2011 at 10:19 PM

Allahdumbit and the rest of the political pundits and others who keep boring me with all this bull crap about when Sarah Palin is going to announce are so friggin stupid it continues to puzzle me how they actually make a living at this sort of thing.
Sarah Palin is not going to declare anything until the field has battled it out for a while. Why would she get in when there are…. what? 10 candidates? Its too friggin crowded right now. She will let them whack away at each other for a while as she continues to spread the Conservative message at Tea Party rallies and events, more Facebook and Twitter stuff and some speaking engagements.
Why would she get in right now? Its a circus. Let Mittens and Perry whack each other for a while. Let the pretenders snark at each other in a few debates. Once it thins out or some flame out, then she announces and gets it on with whoever is left.
All this bull crap about how she has to announce soon…. October 31st iis the drop dead date. So, it will be deadline. Anytime before that is fine with me.

PhilipJames on August 30, 2011 at 10:19 PM

Firefly_76 on August 30, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Let’s just see how Perry does in the debate next week…

After that it could all be downhill for him.

idesign on August 30, 2011 at 10:19 PM

Get your Kleenex ready. It will be fun to watch.

Schadenfreude on August 30, 2011 at 10:13 PM

Looks like Mrs. Attention hog is needing more attention. Cameras always need to be one her.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 30, 2011 at 10:20 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on August 30, 2011 at 10:20 PM

Negative.

dforston on August 30, 2011 at 10:21 PM

Allahpundit on August 30, 2011 at 10:18 PM

Am always in a good mood. Especially when there’s a chance to see sophisticated wits cry eyes out when my candidate declares.

But the more pertinent question is why aren’t people organizing on behalf of the declared candidates? And shouldn’t that be a worry even for those who are leading in polls, don’t you think?

promachus on August 30, 2011 at 10:21 PM

She’s already said she plans to decide by the end of September.

Allahpundit on August 30, 2011 at 10:22 PM

Allahpundit on August 30, 2011 at 10:18 PM

Surely you’re aware that promachus is HA’s resident victim.
You did get the memo…correct?

annoyinglittletwerp on August 30, 2011 at 10:22 PM

She must know if she DIDN’T get in, and endorsed Perry, that would be it. He’d be the nominee.

New prediction: Perry/Palin.
Romney’s done. Perry goes for the voters wanting experience, Palin taps into the enthusiasm.

Done.

B Man on August 30, 2011 at 10:22 PM

shushwalshe Shushannah Walshe SarahPAC confirms that Palin will speak at the Tea Party Express event in NH on Labor Day.12 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

unseen on August 30, 2011 at 10:23 PM

If she enters, Rudy declares next.

Schadenfreude on August 30, 2011 at 10:16 PM

Oooh interesting thought. Would CNN accommodate Rudy at the last min too? The day after Sep 11th? Sure they’d let him in.

kerrhome on August 30, 2011 at 10:23 PM

I think she and Rick made a deal. He’d be the one to run, since he could beat Obama, and Romney and she would have a bigger uphill battle. And, she’d be the one to mind-f*ck the media while Rick carved out the “front runner” role, big time. BTW, neither Sarah or Rick are dumb.

TXUS on August 30, 2011 at 10:23 PM

Im a Palin backer and I think its a good idea for her to run.

I am surprized that so many dont want her to. If she is good enough to win she will, If not then we have many other fine candidates.

Its the democrats who dont want her to run most of all.

William Amos on August 30, 2011 at 10:23 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on August 30, 2011 at 10:20 PM

It will all be good. Just relax and enjoy the circus for a tad. It will sort itself out good.

Schadenfreude on August 30, 2011 at 10:23 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on August 30, 2011 at 10:20 PM

It does make campaigning easier if the press covers you.

Dr Evil on August 30, 2011 at 10:24 PM

“If they weren’t going to run, he would’ve said, ‘Thank you very much for what you’re doing, but you don’t have to do that,’ ” Ventling told RCP.

Of course.There are going to be a lot of devastated, distraught and downright pizzed Palin supporters if she doesn’t do it.

Southernblogger on August 30, 2011 at 10:24 PM

Palinistas got wood.

CW on August 30, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Get your Kleenex ready. It will be fun to watch.

Schadenfreude on August 30, 2011 at 10:13 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on August 30, 2011 at 10:20 PM

Looks like Perrykrishnas are all wee-wee’d up.

promachus on August 30, 2011 at 10:24 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on August 30, 2011 at 10:20 PM

What! Are you still in high school? LOL

I can see your face turning green from my house..:)

idesign on August 30, 2011 at 10:24 PM

You dont have to be here champ.

Irritable Pundit on August 30, 2011 at 10:24 PM

Allah?

Fallon on August 30, 2011 at 10:24 PM

Just perfect!

scalleywag on August 30, 2011 at 10:24 PM

You think Romney will be crying his eyes out now that Perry’s started to stomp him? I’d take that bet.

It definitely would be worrisome, if your assumption that the declared candidates have no volunteers was true. Perry had people at the straw poll; that’s how he fared reasonably well as a write-in. Do you think Bachmann got her supporters out there to vote for her en masse by magic?

Allahpundit on August 30, 2011 at 10:24 PM

Let’s just see how Perry does in the debate next week…

After that it could all be downhill for him.

idesign

. . . or he stuns everyone and walks away with the nomination, uncontested any more. Think positively! :)

honsy on August 30, 2011 at 10:24 PM

kerrhome on August 30, 2011 at 10:23 PM

They would. He’d go after Romney, for Perry. He’s going to be a very strong/good AG in a Perry admin. one who’d go after Holder and these goons.

Schadenfreude on August 30, 2011 at 10:24 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on August 30, 2011 at 10:20 PM

Negative.

dforston on August 30, 2011 at 10:21 PM

She”s a good conservative…who’s attracted to cameras and a microphone like moths are to a zapper.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 30, 2011 at 10:25 PM

Its the democrats who dont want her to run most of all.

William Amos on August 30, 2011 at 10:23 PM

The ones who don’t want her to run are supporters of other candidates.

promachus on August 30, 2011 at 10:25 PM

I have no idea what she is going to do and I don’t think these scheduled stops provide any insight to her plans either. I’m leaning towards thinking she is not going to run but will keep us guessing so she can put grassroots pressure on the field from the outside.

She has an air tight inner circle, it’s impressive. I don’t know of any high profile politician in the last 2 decades who has been able to keep the media in complete dark for so long.

Daemonocracy on August 30, 2011 at 10:25 PM

Allahpundit on August 30, 2011 at 10:18 PM

heh heh ! that’s funny shizzat. Between that smackdown and the Department of Fug last night, you are on your “A” game lately AP.

ted c on August 30, 2011 at 10:25 PM

promachus on August 30, 2011 at 10:21 PM

those candidates buy their staff and organization. If most campaigns had to depend on volunteers there wouldn’t be any campaings.

unseen on August 30, 2011 at 10:25 PM

I have to say I was disappointed that COD was mentioned as going to speak in Indianola. Then she got the boot.

Mammy and the yung uns and I were going to Indianola but we decided were not doing anything else unless she announces she’s running.

If she’s doing the bus tour thingy again we’re not interested.

Call me when word gets out she’s leaving Fox then we’ll now she is SERIOUS about running HERSELF.

PappyD61 on August 30, 2011 at 10:25 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on August 30, 2011 at 10:20 PM

The claws are coming out. Ugly.

promachus on August 30, 2011 at 10:25 PM

promachus on August 30, 2011 at 10:21 PM

I organized my a$$ off for Fred! and look what that got me. I’ll organize for whoever the candidate turns out to be, but I can’t do another Fred! :( Want to save my energy and treasure for beating Obama, not fighting my own.

kerrhome on August 30, 2011 at 10:26 PM

That STRONG feature doesn’t work to well on these here iPhones.

PappyD61 on August 30, 2011 at 10:27 PM

She really is playing people for chumps now.

NickDeringer on August 30, 2011 at 10:27 PM

scalleywag on August 30, 2011 at 10:16 PM

Seems to me there are three options here, announce you are running, announce you are not running, or do nothing and each is a decision, whether you agree or not. I do not care one way or the other, until she is a candidate it makes no difference to me but others seem to think she should operate on their idea of a proper schedule. If Rudy announced tomorrow would everyone say he is way too late, how about Christie or Paul Ryan?

bluemarlin on August 30, 2011 at 10:27 PM

Both Romney and Perry have inflated numbers right now. Its the candidates that have a hardcore base that have an early advantage.

Romney does have the big money backers in his corner. Perry has strong southern support.

The question remains who can unite them all ? Mitt doesnt get the tea Party vote. Perry has never won an election with tea Party support.

William Amos on August 30, 2011 at 10:27 PM

Palin may have once been a viable candidate. But now that she’s waited so long to even consider letting people know whether or not she is in fact a viable candidate makes her a joke. We don’t need a joke, we need a strong GOP leader who can take back the White House and help take back the Senate so we can get this country back on track.

scalleywag on August 30, 2011 at 10:27 PM

reminds me that I need to restock the fridge for beer. Too bad I don’t have a hurricane to shut me in so I have a good reason to drink it (more rapidly than I already do).

ted c on August 30, 2011 at 10:28 PM

LOL…

Did you need to go outside this blog to find people who have been waiting years (more like centuries) for Palin to announce?

I could name about four people right off the top of my head… :)

TheRightMan on August 30, 2011 at 10:28 PM

unseen on August 30, 2011 at 10:25 PM

Indeed. Wonder how much they are paying AllahPundit. It’s a good gid if you can get it.

promachus on August 30, 2011 at 10:29 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on August 30, 2011 at 10:20 PM

Negative.

dforston on August 30, 2011 at 10:21 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on August 30, 2011 at 10:25 PM

Wrong again.

Keep supporting the D-student.

dforston on August 30, 2011 at 10:29 PM

Schadenfreude on August 30, 2011 at 10:24 PM

Didn’t Perry sign that pro life pledge which rules out pro choice nominations to such high profile cabinet positions?

Vice President would be a different story, he doesn’t directly effect policy as V.P. I think Rudy and Rubio will be at the top of Perry’s short list.

Daemonocracy on August 30, 2011 at 10:29 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on August 30, 2011 at 10:25 PM

I look forward to your Savior Richard the Perryhearted running for President while not being an attention hog, and not being attracted to cameras and microphones.

Gadzooks.

Brian1972 on August 30, 2011 at 10:29 PM

Almost as long as you’ve been throwing up the Palin posts for every hit you can get, eh?

cs89 on August 30, 2011 at 10:29 PM

scrubjay on August 30, 2011 at 10:14 PM

I don’t mean to pick – well, yes I do actually – but how exactly do you square the circle that she has always been right on everything and every issue yet is only “practically perfect”?

catmman on August 30, 2011 at 10:30 PM

scalleywag on August 30, 2011 at 10:27 PM

…and you’re full of crap.

She’s waited soooo long… she only has SIX months until the Iowa caucus.

dforston on August 30, 2011 at 10:30 PM

What! Are you still in high school? LOL

I can see your face turning green from my house..:)

idesign on August 30, 2011 at 10:24 PM

As usual you can’t see squat because ain’t happenin’.
Not every woman wants to be Sarah Palin. I sure the hell don’t.
I’m quite content being Barb the weird girl annoyinglittletwerp.
To quote Joe Walsh: lucky I’m insane after all I’ve been through…life’s been good to me…so far.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 30, 2011 at 10:30 PM

Wrong again.

Keep supporting the D-student.

dforston on August 30, 2011 at 10:29 PM

Don’t be a child and start regurgitating left wing rhetoric.

Daemonocracy on August 30, 2011 at 10:30 PM

Daemonocracy on August 30, 2011 at 10:25 PM

It’s just one of her many talents..:)

idesign on August 30, 2011 at 10:30 PM

promachus on August 30, 2011 at 10:29 PM

Honestly I couldnt tell you who AllahP supports. He runs stories good and bad on all the candidates. I give him a lot of credit in that.

William Amos on August 30, 2011 at 10:31 PM

Again, I like Palin. A lot.
But I’m tired of the Hamlet in her.
Besides that, Palin worshipers underestimate Perry. He’s stronger and more experienced on just about any issue that matters to conservatives. And he ran a shrewd race against a popular, well connected and funded, female Republican (Hutchinson), and crushed her.

Sugar Land on August 30, 2011 at 10:31 PM

Perry has never won an election with tea Party support.

William Amos on August 30, 2011 at 10:27 PM

What does that mean? The Tea Party didn’t exist until his last re-election and he ran as a hometown boy to Kay Bailey’s DC insider, and won handily. And Palin spoke for him at a rally. Sounds like Tea Party support to me.

Marcus on August 30, 2011 at 10:31 PM

I voted for McCain on the chance that an eagle might drop an anvil on his head early in his term.
I’m still a Palin supporter but she’s beginning to look like the girl that is asked to the prom and stalls hoping for a better date.
I’ve almost given up and I’m looking for someone who will make up her mind and say yes or no.

countrybumpkin on August 30, 2011 at 10:32 PM

Daemonocracy on August 30, 2011 at 10:29 PM

That is wrong.

Vice President is seen, rightly so, as next in line for the nomination, and thus the pro-life movement will not tolerate a pro-choice VP because after 8 years they will have a pro-choice GOP Presidential candidate.

That was a big reason for the near revolt at the idea of McCain picking Lieberman as VP.

Brian1972 on August 30, 2011 at 10:33 PM

She can’t win. Next.

txag92 on August 30, 2011 at 10:33 PM

one who’d go after Holder and these goons.

Schadenfreude on August 30, 2011 at 10:24 PM

Well after having Holder, we certainly need a major cleaning at the DOJ. They are a menace.

kerrhome on August 30, 2011 at 10:33 PM

bluemarlin on August 30, 2011 at 10:27 PM

Both Christie and Ryan have announced they are not running. They thought long and hard about it and said no. Palin has had the same amount of time (or longer, actually) to think long and hard about it and still can’t make up her mind? No thanks. We have an indecisive leader, we don’t need another.

scalleywag on August 30, 2011 at 10:33 PM

ted c

Katia is on her way – never fear!

honsy on August 30, 2011 at 10:33 PM

catmman on August 30, 2011 at 10:30 PM

he said she was right on the issues. and practically perfect on everything else. I see no disconnect with the statement.

unseen on August 30, 2011 at 10:34 PM

Why are Perrykrishnas pooping here when telling us repeatedly taht we shouldn’t be posting in Perry threads?

Why aren’t resident moral arbiters like MEatheadinCA doing anything about it?

promachus on August 30, 2011 at 10:34 PM

PhilipJames on August 30, 2011 at 10:19 PM

I agree with this. When she gets in, all of the attention will be focused on her. Let the herd thin out. There are some in there that just won’t make it, so why get in now and go toe-to-toe with them? Waste of her time and talents.

Mirimichi on August 30, 2011 at 10:35 PM

Marcus on August 30, 2011 at 10:31 PM

What it means is that there is no way to gage how deep the tea party will support Perry. Meanwhile Palin has a lot of support from the Tea Party. She has been at many events involving them.

William Amos on August 30, 2011 at 10:35 PM

PhilipJames on August 30, 2011 at 10:19 PM

And I’ve heard about half a dozen drop-dead dates from overzealous Palin fans since around April. What was the last one? July 23rd or something or was it by the end of August?

catmman on August 30, 2011 at 10:35 PM

Sugar Land on August 30, 2011 at 10:31 PM</blockquote

No he didn't, Hutchinson is a well known RINO, and she was far from popular. I voted for Perry, but I am not going to make up tall tales about him.

Dr Evil on August 30, 2011 at 10:35 PM

Gadzooks.

Brian1972 on August 30, 2011 at 10:29 PM

Jesus in my savior. Rick Perry is a politician who I happen to think would make a good president. As an Aspie, personality cults aren’t something that interest me. I find them to be bizarre. I’ll leave the irrational fawning to you Palin groupies. ‘K.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 30, 2011 at 10:35 PM

christine o’donnell has been re-invited…

dforston on August 30, 2011 at 10:19 PM

This is a joke, right?

MeatHeadinCA on August 30, 2011 at 10:35 PM

We need a conservative in the race since Santonum and Cain are non-factors and Michele Bachmann has pretty-much committed political suicide via “foot-in-mouth” disease.

bw222 on August 30, 2011 at 10:35 PM

Don’t be a child and start regurgitating left wing rhetoric.

Daemonocracy on August 30, 2011 at 10:30 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on August 30, 2011 at 10:25 PM

And this isn’t left wing rhetoric?

dforston on August 30, 2011 at 10:36 PM

scalleywag on August 30, 2011 at 10:33 PM

Christie made a hasty decision and is more likely regretting it as we speak as Obama’s numbers continue to fall. Palin has taken her time and will make the correct decision.

unseen on August 30, 2011 at 10:36 PM

As usual you can’t see squat because ain’t happenin’.
Not every woman wants to be Sarah Palin. I sure the hell don’t.
I’m quite content being Barb the weird girl annoyinglittletwerp.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 30, 2011 at 10:30 PM

HotAir just turned into a therapy session..LOL

The weird girl hates the popular girl…

And it’s still high school!

idesign on August 30, 2011 at 10:36 PM

For all those who claim Palin is desperate for attention, why does the media indulge her if that’s the case?
They’re whipped, for sure.

lonestar1 on August 30, 2011 at 10:36 PM

…and you’re full of crap.

She’s waited soooo long… she only has SIX months until the Iowa caucus.

dforston on August 30, 2011 at 10:30 PM

I’m full of crap because…I’ve got an opinion? Then so are you but more of it! That’s just childish and makes you sound like a liberal ala Maxine Waters or something. Grow up.

scalleywag on August 30, 2011 at 10:37 PM

Sugar Land on August 30, 2011 at 10:31 PM

countrybumpkin on August 30, 2011 at 10:32 PM

scalleywag on August 30, 2011 at 10:33 PM

Did Carney hand out the same script to all of you guys? lol.

promachus on August 30, 2011 at 10:37 PM

I’ll leave the irrational fawning to you Palin groupies. ‘K.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 30, 2011 at 10:35 PM

As opposed to you Perry groupies?

bw222 on August 30, 2011 at 10:37 PM

[Video]FEMA Director Agrees With Ron Paul on FEMA

Spathi on August 30, 2011 at 10:31 PM

How ’bout you make like a tree and LEAVE!

annoyinglittletwerp on August 30, 2011 at 10:37 PM

christine o’donnell has been re-invited…

dforston on August 30, 2011 at 10:19 PM

This is a joke, right?

MeatHeadinCA on August 30, 2011 at 10:35 PM

Unfortunately, no. Hopefully, they’ll put her on an early slot before everyone gets there.

dforston on August 30, 2011 at 10:38 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on August 30, 2011 at 10:25 PM

How is this bad and isn’t this what people like Rick Perry and Michele Bachmann are TRYING to do?

MeatHeadinCA on August 30, 2011 at 10:38 PM

You just come across as third grade writer.

promachus on August 30, 2011 at 10:16 PM

This happens so much. Someone insults another and winds up making an unforced third-grader’s grammatical error.

John the Libertarian on August 30, 2011 at 10:38 PM

This is a joke, right?

MeatHeadinCA on August 30, 2011 at 10:35 PM

seems not all the organizers are on the same wavelength:

As I jumped in my car yesterday and headed home from work, I immediately recognized the raspy, Texas-seasoned voice coming across Newsradio 1040 WHO. It was Ken Crow, founder of Tea Party of America, the organization sponsoring this weekend’s “Restoring America Event,” which will feature former Alaska Governor and 2008 Vice Presidential nominee Sarah Palin.

I recognized Crow’s voice because, while attending the Polk County GOP Summer Picnic on Saturday afternoon, I had been approached by Crow who was hoping to arrange a meeting with Texas Governor Rick Perry, a presidential candidate and one of the speakers at the event. Now, in the interest of full disclosure, I was at the event as a Perry volunteer, signing people up to receive additional information about the candidate. Crow, apparently not realizing that I was a nobody who has never even met Perry, let alone someone who has any sway whatsoever with his campaign (in fact, I’ve not endorsed any candidate and I was simply there as a favor to a friend), told me he wanted to meet with the Texas Governor and perhaps endorse him in the near future

amazing that the person pushing COD to speak is a perry supporter. Yeap I’m shock how about you?

unseen on August 30, 2011 at 10:38 PM

catmman on August 30, 2011 at 10:30 PM

Humility is another characteristic of greatness.

scrubjay on August 30, 2011 at 10:38 PM