Glenn Beck: Rick Perry’s “God moment” leads me to believe he’s the real deal

posted at 3:25 pm on August 30, 2011 by Tina Korbe

Rick Perry roared into the presidential race to great acclaim, but he hasn’t exactly been without detractors. His entrance has inspired a rhetorical war about what it means to “vet” candidates and about whether conservatives should vet their own or leave it to the MSM to do that dirty work, as they undoubtedly will.

Multimedia powerhouse Glenn Beck weighed in on that debate this week, saying sources he trusts implicitly have convinced him Rick Perry had a come-to-Jesus moment at some point in his governorship and the problematic Perry of past years has given way to Rick “the Real Deal” Perry, a conservative’s conservative. The Right Scoop reports:

Glenn Beck and his beloved sidekick Pat Gray, who used to live in Texas, recently had a conversation with some people very close to Rick Perry with regard to their concerns about him as a candidate. These are people who Beck, without divulging their identities, says that he trusts and that if he could tell you who they were it would only add credibility to their words. What they told him was that in the last four years Rick Perry has had a God-moment:

Beck: Here’s what I was told and I believe these people because they’re not just bandwagon fans by any stretch of the imagination. … And they said to me ‘Here’s the thing. This guy had a God-moment, if you will, an awakening of something inside of him.’ … I mean he’s always been a spiritual guy but he has had something that has changed in him fundamentally where he’s like ‘OK, wait a minute. Hang on just a second. Do I believe this or not? Do I apply this or not?’ And that’s what’s happened to him in the last four years that has put his feet in cement.

Beck said his words weren’t an endorsement of Perry, but were meant as push-back to concerns about Perry as a candidate.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

The problem is I am not sure Glenn Beck is the real deal.

Terrye on August 30, 2011 at 3:27 PM

i don’t know.. coming from a mormon and all…

gatorboy on August 30, 2011 at 3:27 PM

Hmmmmm

MeatHeadinCA on August 30, 2011 at 3:27 PM

The problem is I am not sure Glenn Beck is the real deal.

Terrye on August 30, 2011 at 3:27 PM

No, that’s the problem for you.

MeatHeadinCA on August 30, 2011 at 3:28 PM

The problem is I am not sure Glenn Beck is the real deal.

Terrye on August 30, 2011 at 3:27 PM

Wishy-washy is a perpetual state of mind for you.

fossten on August 30, 2011 at 3:30 PM

Considering that the Mormon Jesus is not defined the same way as a Biblical Jesus this says much about the spiritual discernment of a man who is impressed by a “come-to-Jesus moment”.

shick on August 30, 2011 at 3:31 PM

I have to agree that being anointed by Glen Beck is not exactly what I was looking for.

pedestrian on August 30, 2011 at 3:32 PM

While I’m sure Beck means Perry is a Christian and somehow that testimony alone inspires confidence in his politics (how?? why???), this type of nebulous religispeak troubles me. What God? Or does that even matter?

Bee on August 30, 2011 at 3:35 PM

OH I can hear the Christianist’s heads exploding! But Beck doesnt pray to our Jesus! But he believes Perry’s God’s guy! But Beck doesnt believe in our God! POW! brains all over the room. Feel free to comment meatheadinca and portlandon and hondav65

drballard on August 30, 2011 at 3:36 PM

Bee on August 30, 2011 at 3:35 PM

Because if we all think God is as simple as a friendly old-grandfather we’re all good.

shick on August 30, 2011 at 3:38 PM

sorry to forget you, right2bright.

drballard on August 30, 2011 at 3:39 PM

I believe Beck is a smart, sincere and important voice for conservative/libertarians. This is good to hear.

cartooner on August 30, 2011 at 3:39 PM

Terrye on August 30, 2011 at 3:27 PM

A die hard McCain supporter not knowing what’s real…there’s a surprise. Well, don’t worry about Beck, Terrye..you have more important concerns. You’ve got to get ready for that big Huntsman push for the nothing line.

austinnelly on August 30, 2011 at 3:39 PM

drballard on August 30, 2011 at 3:36 PM

Heads don’t have to explode. We can disagree agreeably without getting cranky.

But you are likely right that some will.

shick on August 30, 2011 at 3:40 PM

In light of what GB has been saying and doing for the past few years, I’d consider that a viable endorsement for me. That GB is a Mormon means NASA, considering that Harry Reid, Mittness, Stardust and Hatch are Mormons or that Kennedy or Pelosi song with chief justice Roberts or even Ed are Catholics have no bearing on whether I think they are the real deal. Doesn’t matter the religion, what matters is whether they are constitutional conservatives or socialist progressives. I’ll be sure to watch for RP’s come to Jesus moment regarding our country.

AH_C on August 30, 2011 at 3:41 PM

I’m having trouble understanding this post? Is it about conservatism or religion? My reading, notwithstanding the “God-moment” language, is that Perry had some change of heart where he internalized conservatism. Others seem to be reading it differently.

Dead Hand Control on August 30, 2011 at 3:42 PM

*awaiting Allah’s opinion on this*

Count to 10 on August 30, 2011 at 3:42 PM

Oh God.

Lon Chaney on August 30, 2011 at 3:42 PM

If Rick Perry had a “come-to-Jesus moment” about kicking the illegals out of the country, fighting against the jihad, and ridiculous windmills – he’d be the real deal.

Right now – not so much.

Rebar on August 30, 2011 at 3:43 PM

This is a meaningless story.

georgealbert on August 30, 2011 at 3:44 PM

Letting people see you’re for a moral America is good, letting the perception permeate that you’re going to govern with your religion out front, not good at all.

There’s a lot of Americans with a lot of different views religion as a force of government scares the hell out of a lot of them especially when the left helps that perception along, a lot.

Speakup on August 30, 2011 at 3:44 PM

Rick Skerry attracts Mormons like dogs attract fleas.

carbon_footprint on August 30, 2011 at 3:45 PM

I thought that after taking a lot of money from the gullible he cashed in and went away. Appearantly not. Fox did well to get rid of him as he would really be too big a load of foolishness to carry in toe coming election cycle.

Annar on August 30, 2011 at 3:47 PM

Dead Hand Control on August 30, 2011 at 3:42 PM

you got it right, the “god moment” confuses what Beck meant.

windansea on August 30, 2011 at 3:47 PM

This is a meaningless story.

georgealbert on August 30, 2011 at 3:44 PM

Agreed.

Or as valueful coming from your crazy conservative uncle.

shick on August 30, 2011 at 3:47 PM

MeatHeadinCA on August 30, 2011 at 3:28 PM

Help, I can’t stop laughing.

petefrt on August 30, 2011 at 3:48 PM

Okay let’s put it this way:

I’m willing to gamble with Rick Perry as President – Mitt Romney not so much.

I would sooner trust Huntsman or Obama than Romney – at least they are upfront about the harm they wish to cause me. Romney and his RINO backers, on the other hand, would give me as much pain but would insist I shut up and swallow what THEY know is best for me and will end up sullying the name of conservatives by identifying themselves as such.

TheRightMan on August 30, 2011 at 3:48 PM

shick on August 30, 2011 at 3:38 PM

Always worked for me. You mean there’s more?

a capella on August 30, 2011 at 3:49 PM

“Must..stay…relevant…” – Glenn Beck

NoStoppingUs on August 30, 2011 at 3:49 PM

you got it right, the “god moment” confuses what Beck meant.

windansea on August 30, 2011 at 3:47 PM

Dear Tina, I think the more commonly used phrase is a “come-to-Jesus moment” rather than a “god moment”.

TheRightMan on August 30, 2011 at 3:53 PM

Like the Dems rattle the Racism chains and The black community responds….

….the GOP drags out the FAITH of their candidates for the Evangelicals.

Night / day…..that predictable.

***** Glenn, that Human Responsibility is open ended and could be used to justify almost anything in the name of enforcement.

How is it different than a “responsibility to protect”?

PappyD61 on August 30, 2011 at 3:53 PM

Dead Hand Control on August 30, 2011 at 3:42 PM

Ditto.

VibrioCocci on August 30, 2011 at 3:53 PM

Right now – not so much.

Rebar on August 30, 2011 at 3:43 PM

You had him a lock on President of Your Fantasy Island just last year.

Today the jilted bride acts jilted. Poor soul.

rukiddingme on August 30, 2011 at 3:54 PM

GB can be annoying sometimes, but I have come to believe that he is sincere. I’m glad to hear he’s supporting Perry, for whatever reason.

And I don’t have an issue with Mormons, either. I think they are a bit confused, but man do they love Jesus and show the love of Christ to everyone they know. I think they will be forgiven for being a bit off on the details.

stefanite on August 30, 2011 at 3:54 PM

gatorboy on August 30, 2011 at 3:27 PM

Are you the same type of person that says Catholics aren’t Christians as well?

scotash on August 30, 2011 at 3:55 PM

AH_C on August 30, 2011 at 3:41 PM

I’m guessing you meant “NADA” in that sentence, AH_C, but I rather like it the way it is.

By the process of free association, it evokes for me a new NASA mission: making Mormons feel good about their contributions to science.

Meanwhile, thanks to Tina for bringing this to our attention.

J.E. Dyer on August 30, 2011 at 3:55 PM

TheRightMan on August 30, 2011 at 3:53 PM

Unless you’re AP, then you have a come-to-the-realization-that-there-is-no-supreme-being-or-bearded-dude-in-the-sky moment.

VibrioCocci on August 30, 2011 at 3:56 PM

I’m glad to hear he’s supporting Perry, for whatever reason.

stefanite on August 30, 2011 at 3:54 PM

steebo77 on August 30, 2011 at 3:56 PM

stefanite on August 30, 2011 at 3:54 PM

All of the Mormons I’ve known personally, that is. I can’t speak for Harry Reid.

stefanite on August 30, 2011 at 3:56 PM

drballard on August 30, 2011 at 3:36 PM

From one Mormon to another: you’re not helping.

Kataklysmic on August 30, 2011 at 3:57 PM

Can we get opinions from all the other Looney Tunes? Yosemite Sam? Bugs Bunny? But skip Pepe LePew, that French bastard.

Constantine on August 30, 2011 at 3:57 PM

Beck’s a meat head, but if it helps Perry, that’s cool with me.

MJBrutus on August 30, 2011 at 3:58 PM

2 weeks ago, he said it was Michelle Bachmann who was the real deal. Make up your mind Glenn!

lonestar1 on August 30, 2011 at 3:59 PM

you got it right, the “god moment” confuses what Beck meant.

windansea on August 30, 2011 at 3:47 PM

TheRightMan on August 30, 2011 at 3:53 PM

That should read “Dear Glenn.” The “god moment” language was a direct quote.

cschande on August 30, 2011 at 4:00 PM

Constantine on August 30, 2011 at 3:57 PM

TinTin hasn’t decided yet.

lonestar1 on August 30, 2011 at 4:01 PM

Rick Perry to be on Sean Hannity in a matter of minutes.

carbon_footprint on August 30, 2011 at 4:01 PM

Constantine on August 30, 2011 at 3:57 PM

But how could leave off Daffy?

MJBrutus on August 30, 2011 at 4:02 PM

There is a fine line between successful talk radio host and cult leader, and Beck appears to be trying to cross that line.

Really Right on August 30, 2011 at 4:03 PM

lonestar1 on August 30, 2011 at 3:59 PM

First, he said he isn’t endorsing Perry. Second, can’t he think they are both “the real deal” as candidates? Why does he have to exclude one and choose the other?

JannyMae on August 30, 2011 at 4:04 PM

steebo77 on August 30, 2011 at 3:56 PM

Oops. Well, at least he’s not branding him a “dirrty progressive!”

stefanite on August 30, 2011 at 4:04 PM

I am sure Glenn Beck is a good man.
I am sure many are influenced by Glenn Beck.
I am sure everyone should make their own decisions.
I am sure Glenn Beck will regret leaving FOX.

jake-the-goose on August 30, 2011 at 4:06 PM

Rick Skerry attracts Mormons like dogs attract fleas.

carbon_footprint on August 30, 2011 at 3:45 PM

Not anywhere near as much as Romney does.

fossten on August 30, 2011 at 4:07 PM

My big problem with Perry is his stance on illegals. Unless you live in the neighborhoods where illegals are, you won’t understand the complete and utter damage they do to your community.

moonsbreath on August 30, 2011 at 4:08 PM

Always worked for me. You mean there’s more?

a capella on August 30, 2011 at 3:49 PM

“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction” – Proverb 1:7

Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” – Romans 12:19

It is hard to think of a friendly old grandfather this way.

shick on August 30, 2011 at 4:08 PM

Not anywhere near as much as Romney does.

fossten on August 30, 2011 at 4:07 PM

Yep.

carbon_footprint on August 30, 2011 at 4:09 PM

Rick Perry to be on Sean Hannity in a matter of minutes.

carbon_footprint on August 30, 2011 at 4:01 PM

Oh no, the horror! And I just bet it will be awful/

Knucklehead on August 30, 2011 at 4:11 PM

I think they will be forgiven for being a bit off on the details.

stefanite on August 30, 2011 at 3:54 PM

Yeah, simple details like children of God can become gods themselves.

shick on August 30, 2011 at 4:11 PM

“The boot of taxation and regulation is going to be off your neck.” –Rick Perry

Sounds pretty damn good to me.

RBMN on August 30, 2011 at 4:11 PM

Annar on August 30, 2011 at 3:47 PM

Obviously you speak lefty talking points here…you have no idea really what Beck’s shows were about…hummmm…as if making money is evil…ho…only if it’s Beck, Palin….

tinkerthinker on August 30, 2011 at 4:13 PM

I could maybe pull the lever for Perry, but the open border is going to get him in the primaries, at least if the tea party is seriously independant

drballard on August 30, 2011 at 4:13 PM

Oh no, the horror! And I just bet it will be awful/

Knucklehead on August 30, 2011 at 4:11 PM

Yeah, he is pushing Gardisil.

“The boot of taxation and regulation is going to be off your neck.” –Rick Perry

Sounds pretty damn good to me.

RBMN on August 30, 2011 at 4:11 PM

Yes, I heard and like that as well.

carbon_footprint on August 30, 2011 at 4:14 PM

and perry’s windmill fiasco. and trans texas boondogle. and the fact that my property tax has gone up more that 10% every year since he’s been gov. and the merck thingy . Oh forget it.

drballard on August 30, 2011 at 4:15 PM

The most effective way to ‘spread the wealth around’ is to create jobs – Rick Perry

carbon_footprint on August 30, 2011 at 4:17 PM

Yeah, I gotta tell you, Perry may talk like a conservative, but as an employer of 32 texans, my tax burden has gone up CONSIDERABLY under Gov Perry. So how’s he conservative again?

drballard on August 30, 2011 at 4:17 PM

See, he can say all he wants pithy soundbites, but I’m not seeing it. Ask any Texas business owner how conservative their new “franchise” tax is, or how their property tax has been inder Perry, or if there’s been any border enforcement at all, or about the HPV fiasco. See, he looks conservative, and he sounds conservative, but the record isn’t. See what Michelle Malkin says

drballard on August 30, 2011 at 4:20 PM

Annar on August 30, 2011 at 3:47 PM

Sounds like a prediction of November 2012 and Obama’s fate.

fossten on August 30, 2011 at 4:21 PM

Yeah, simple details like children of God can become gods themselves.

shick on August 30, 2011 at 4:11 PM

Well, I was raised in Pentecostal churches and remember being taught that the Redeemed would one day rule and reign with Christ over other worlds. I don’t remember the scriptural reference for that.

stefanite on August 30, 2011 at 4:24 PM

shick on August 30, 2011 at 3:31 PM

You’re right, they’re heretics that don’t follow the True, Single-Natured Jesus.

Tzetzes on August 30, 2011 at 4:25 PM

I am sure Glenn Beck is a good man.
I am sure many are influenced by Glenn Beck.
I am sure everyone should make their own decisions.
I am sure Glenn Beck will regret leaving FOX.

jake-the-goose on August 30, 2011 at 4:06 PM

I am sure I don’t care what GB thinks or has to say.

(ducks and runs away)

GrannyDee on August 30, 2011 at 4:27 PM

He’s friends with God or something.

Pablo Honey on August 30, 2011 at 4:29 PM

moonsbreath on August 30, 2011 at 4:08 PM

Amen brother (or sister)!

I spent a week in Maine this summer and thought, “these people would be shocked if they had to put up with what I put up with”. It was like a completely different America up there. What it used to be like before the invasion.

TxAnn56 on August 30, 2011 at 4:33 PM

Tzetzes on August 30, 2011 at 4:25 PM

Just read the article, and …wow. That’s a lot of words derived by a bunch of poor, finite beings trying to describe the process of an infinite being becoming flesh. Fortunately, I don’t think that question will be on the Final Exam.

stefanite on August 30, 2011 at 4:34 PM

GrannyDee on August 30, 2011 at 4:27 PM

jake-the-goose on August 30, 2011 at 4:36 PM

Texas Governor Rick Perry has been among the most vocal critics of President Obama’s health care reform initiative, and of Mitt Romney’s preceding health care program in Massachusetts. But in 1993, while serving as Texas Agriculture Commissioner, Perry praised the efforts of then-first lady Hillary Clinton to reform health care, a precursor to Obama’s health care reform efforts.

In a letter to Clinton, who is now U.S. Secretary of State, Perry wrote: “I think your efforts in trying to reform the nation’s health care system are most commendable.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/08/30/rick-perrys-camp-defends-1993-hillarycare-praise/#ixzz1WY0lp6ww

thats gonna leave a mark

drballard on August 30, 2011 at 4:51 PM

This is a meaningless story? Really?

Last I witnessed, Beck had a pretty large fan base.
Not in the way of ‘he’s a hunk in hollywood’ fan, but a base that reflects thoughtful people with a spiritual basis in their thinking (regardless of said religion-from jew to gentile).

I’m very happy to see that Hot Air has a very, very Tiny fraction of the people that “follow” Beck. There are many that are not mormons, but that are wise enough to know that this isn’t about being a mormon.
I am so freakin’ sick of the hypocrisy of people…and the hate. Who gives a flip if he’s a mormon? He’s a decent human being. That counts for much more with many more people. Thank Goodness it does, too!!!

bridgetown on August 30, 2011 at 4:54 PM

thats gonna leave a mark
drballard on August 30, 2011 at 4:51 PM

So’s this.

Not only was the Perry/Khan curriculum removed from the web site that hosted it, but it has also been removed from the Google cache.

I can’t believe that Perry isn’t involved in this cover up.

If it’s so innocuous, what’s going on?

Akzed on August 30, 2011 at 4:55 PM

OH . MY . GOD!

And here I thought the P in POTUS stood for President instead of Preacher.

Does this mean that up until 4 years ago Perry was just a ‘pretend’ Christian but now he’s a ‘real’ Christian and is that what is required to be a ‘real deal conservative’s conservative?

Texas Gal on August 30, 2011 at 4:56 PM

Has anyone paid attention to Glenn Beck since he left Fox?

This is nothing more than Beck trying to be relevant. Next,
he will be talking (or dishing) about Palin to make himself appear
even more relevant (in his mind).

Beck did great in outing out some of Obama’s czars. And there are bloggers who stated that he used their
investigative research material without giving them credit; Beck
took the credit himself.

He might make an interesting history teacher. Other than that,
he reminds me of a mad scientist.

Amjean on August 30, 2011 at 4:59 PM

drballard on August 30, 2011 at 4:17 PM

Was this solely because of the design and build of Rick Perry or were other factors involved???
Please elaborate because around here….the governor surely doesn’t own that much power over businesses…..
I want details.

bridgetown on August 30, 2011 at 4:59 PM

Amjean on August 30, 2011 at 4:59 PM

Yes, and people were paying attention to beck before Fox as well. He’s still around…with Many fans. Sorry to let you know that!
here ya go, here’s one site run by Beck:

more to come! (so sorry!)

bridgetown on August 30, 2011 at 5:02 PM

It is all about when did Perry or Mitt or even Obama change to be what they where to be what they appearer to be now. How did Perry go from a governor who had been a progressive leftish ex-democrat to become small government conservative right. How and why did Mitt go from pro-chose to pro-life. And how, when and why did Obama go from being force fed Marxism in rev wright church, from his mother and well every person he has worked with and for to a full fledge free market capitalists.

It is just like his struggle with alcoholism he knows how he went from a dirt bag drunk to a great man he is now. It was his God moment and to him, faith lead him to the straight path. What was it for Perry and is it an illusion like Obama.

tjexcite on August 30, 2011 at 5:04 PM

OK. First of all, I can to Texas because of the lack of personal income tax. Most revenue is generated from property tax. About 3 years ago, my acountant says, “Oh, you owe $15k in franchise tax”. What the hell is frnchise tax I ask him. “it’s a new tax Gov Perry passed to keep the property tax rates down.” Ask any Texan if their property tax rate has gone down. The rate hasn’t changed, but every year the assesor values the property. Think property is more valuable now than 2009? The assesors sure do- mine has gone up 15% every single year since then. So Perry can brag on keeping taxes low all he wants, but as far ad I’ve seen, it’s all smoke and mirrors.

drballard on August 30, 2011 at 5:09 PM

drballard on August 30, 2011 at 4:20 PM

Well, who is conservative? Ann Coulter has a Chris Christie crush, and he most certainly isn’t conservative.

ladyingray on August 30, 2011 at 5:09 PM

How times change. I can remember when Glenn Beck and Pat Gray said that Palin was d-e-a-d for campaigning on behalf of Perry.

ddrintn on August 30, 2011 at 5:10 PM

bottom line, I pay $30,000 a year MORE than I did in 2009, with negligable increase in income

drballard on August 30, 2011 at 5:11 PM

I think one of HOTAir’s own “Perry-hater” posters was just on the Sean Hannity show. Amazing! We have the worst, most do-nothing president in our history, and these people want a PERFECT candidate without blemish. I guess that since they were all convinced by Obambi that he was the messiah, and now that they see he’s not, they are still looking. The stupidity of it is, that even Elmo could do a better job than Obama, so any one of the GOP candidates would be a major improvement over him.

Susanboo on August 30, 2011 at 5:16 PM

Interesting if Pat Gray is swayed toward Perry. Anyone listening to Pat when he worked here in Houston knows he has several issues with Perry…

golfer1 on August 30, 2011 at 5:28 PM

. Next,
he will be talking (or dishing) about Palin to make himself appear
even more relevant (in his mind).

Amjean on August 30, 2011 at 4:59 PM

I guess you forgot that Palin is doing that big rally with Beck in October.

Knucklehead on August 30, 2011 at 5:28 PM

Bottom Line: People are Stupid.

bridgetown on August 30, 2011 at 5:28 PM

thats gonna leave a mark

drballard on August 30, 2011 at 4:51 PM

That’s a nothing story. It appears that Perry wrote it when Hillary was beginning her health care initiative, and Perry was trying to steer it towards something that would benefit Texas. That sounds like a smart thing for any state governor to have done back then.

Come up with something that demonstrates that Perry approved of Hillarycare in its final form, and you might have something that’s ‘gonna leave a mark’.

slickwillie2001 on August 30, 2011 at 5:41 PM

pedestrian on August 30, 2011 at 3:32 PM

Then you probably didn’t watch his show on Fox. The “come-to-Jesus” moment is when the light goes on inside and you see the error of your ways.

If Perry had this moment 4 years ago, let us by all means examine his past record. I certainly don’t depend on the MSM to do my research for me – they’re a bunch of craven liars.

Let us see how the past 4 years have differed from the ones prior. Let’s hear the evolution of his thoughts about public service, and what the right direction and course of action is for this country.

I think he’s a very courageous man. Having a religious rally is a ballsy thing to do in today’s America, where people who speak of God are stamped as nutballs.

disa on August 30, 2011 at 5:41 PM

bridgetown on August 30, 2011 at 4:54 PM

Thanks. Very well put.

Mirimichi on August 30, 2011 at 6:04 PM

drballard on August 30, 2011 at 5:09 PM

Yeah, amazingly my assesment keeps increasing too and my friends all tell me the same, all while the value does not increase. This year I bought out the co-owner of my house and the bank required an appraisal for the loan. After which I marched down to the appraisal district. They didn’t bring it down to the level of the bank’s appraisal but they lowered it significantly, certainly enough to make it worth the effort and the cost of the appraisal.

But I thought that was the [county] appraisal district’s doing, not Perry’s.

Eren on August 30, 2011 at 6:13 PM

Susanboo on August 30, 2011 at 5:16 PM

Amazing, isn’t it?

The same RINOs/party Establishment guys who criticized Perry for his Bernanke comment and have called on conservatives to lay off “mindless” criticism of Obama have no such hesitation when it comes to criticizing a conservative.

One thing will certainly be made clear to all conservatives this election cycle, something some of us already know: the GOP and Dem Establishments are one and the same, they all want the same thing – the expansion of Big Govt. into every sector of our lives. Their methods might differ but their ultimate goal remains the same.

Hence to the GOP Establishment, the presidential nominee must be a RINO otherwise they are willing to throw it to Obama.

TheRightMan on August 30, 2011 at 6:23 PM

lonestar1 on August 30, 2011 at 3:59 PM

Beck didn’t endorse Perry….he simply was saying Perry isn’t the same guy as he was 4 years ago…that he really is trying to be the real deal in regards to being conservative.

And to the other posters….I think its hilarious for those who don’t care a wit about Glenn’s opinion, yet took the time to post that thought….guess what most people don’t care a wit about your opinion either

And to those who took the opportunity to bash religion…really? Beck wasn’t claiming Perry became a Mormon….my goodness some people are thick. The country is on fire and you have to stir up more fires so that you can feel better about your religion….wow

Conservative Voice on August 30, 2011 at 6:59 PM

Rick Perry is not all he claims to be. Republicans had better pay close attention. By the end of September we had better have chosen our candidate. (Run, Sarah….RUN!)

psychocyber on August 30, 2011 at 7:21 PM

Go Perry!! Most of us dumbos in Texas are proud to have you as governor. I do remember that you just defeated a Democrat, and you just defeated a RINO Republican.

mobydutch on August 30, 2011 at 7:32 PM

Some folks here seem to forget that Ronald Wilson Reagan was a Democrat at one time, too. I’m just sayin’.

FishFearMe on August 30, 2011 at 7:42 PM

Glenn, put the white jacket with the very long sleeves back on.

stenwin77 on August 30, 2011 at 8:40 PM