Al Gore: Let’s “win the conversation” on climate change by treating skeptics the way we treat racists

posted at 8:08 pm on August 29, 2011 by Allahpundit

Via the Daily Caller. Pro tip: The “you’re so wrong that you deserve to be shunned for your wrongness” approach works better when the number of people who agree with you is growing, not shrinking. That said, I do prefer this strategy to listening to him shriek with rage. If we’re going to go this route, though, should we really stop at shunning? It took more than scolding during personal conversations to turn the tide against racism; men and women had to march and Congress had to act. I wonder how far the Goracle would be willing to go legislatively to force the average American to accept his agenda. According to him, this is a crisis of utmost urgency and consequence, and according to the Supreme Court, the Commerce Clause can do almost anything these days. Put the two together and they could make regulatory magic.

Speaking of Congress acting against racism, I’m giving you two clips here. Do not miss the second one. Even if you get bored from Gore’s droning, I promise that the Beck video will make up for it. Click the image to watch.

Comments

How’s your dad’s opposition to Civil Rights working out for you?

The Mega Independent on August 29, 2011 at 8:11 PM

longest subtitle ever for a hotair blog post

TheQuestion on August 29, 2011 at 8:11 PM

Or you could put a finger in each ear and say LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA

Cicero43 on August 29, 2011 at 8:11 PM

Can you just imagine if this fool woulda pulled it off in 2000??

Holy Cow…..

BigWyo on August 29, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Yes, of course, let’s treat people who’ve researched and studied the CC arguments and come to their own intellectual conclusions the same way as people who instinctively hate a group of other people for their membership in the group.

Hey, wait, it sure does seem like CC believers have a lot in more common with those racists than the skeptics, doesn’t it?

alwaysfiredup on August 29, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Let’s treat AGW promoters as members of a fringe cult, like the followers of the Baghwan who are in need of de-programming!

That’ll work!

ajacksonian on August 29, 2011 at 8:13 PM

longest subtitle ever for a hotair blog post

TheQuestion on August 29, 2011 at 8:11 PM

Yeah, read it again and think, Tommy Chong.

hawkdriver on August 29, 2011 at 8:14 PM

Al, I’ve been meaning to say something but didn’t know how, but you’re words have given me the courage to finally speak up.

It’s the G5 Al…it’s got to go.

And the limos and houses from coast to coast.

Dude,…your carbon footprint is only slighly smaller than Michelle Obama’s a$$.

DrW on August 29, 2011 at 8:15 PM

I don’t know if Gore wants to go there. Comparing the debate over global warming to the debate over civil rights, doesn’t cast any positive light on the civil rights movement.

keep the change on August 29, 2011 at 8:15 PM

“Shut-up”, he explained.

NickelAndDime on August 29, 2011 at 8:15 PM

Trying to be kind to the former Vice President here, I truly am…but, honestly, Al Gore is a friggin’ idiot.

(Thank God, on your knees tonight, folks for the miracle of Al Gore’s not having been elected and inaugurated President.)

coldwarrior on August 29, 2011 at 8:15 PM

So he wants to win a scientific argument by using social ostracism. That’s certainly the way I heard the scientific method was supposed to work, for sure!

Steven Den Beste on August 29, 2011 at 8:15 PM

Thank you AP. That was fun.

antisocial on August 29, 2011 at 8:17 PM

Steven Den Beste on August 29, 2011 at 8:15 PM

“Well,” said Al Gore, “if they do not recant, we can burn them as witches and heretics, right?”

coldwarrior on August 29, 2011 at 8:17 PM

OT: Giuliani’s 9/11 is on Nat Geo…

d1carter on August 29, 2011 at 8:18 PM

If that pic of Gore is any indication, I’d say he’s either a borderline, or full blown alcoholic. Man is that red! :o

capejasmine on August 29, 2011 at 8:19 PM

Shunning and name-calling is so… scientific.

Professor Gore, B.S.

profitsbeard on August 29, 2011 at 8:20 PM

BigWyo on August 29, 2011 at 8:13 PM

He REALLY did. If not for Supreme Court, VRWC… my…

We missed the bullet man :-)

antisocial on August 29, 2011 at 8:20 PM

The Al Gore approached worked on Galileo, didn’t it?

Cicero43 on August 29, 2011 at 8:21 PM

Looks like he has gained weight. Spends too much time making carbon footprints everywhere….

chai on August 29, 2011 at 8:23 PM

Al Gore is this generation’s hot air.

Schadenfreude on August 29, 2011 at 8:23 PM

Heh…who’s the little fem-boy pretending to interview the fat bloviator? Looks like Johnny Depp trying to portray a gay college newspaper fashion writer.

Jaibones on August 29, 2011 at 8:24 PM

Tipper made the right decision…

d1carter on August 29, 2011 at 8:24 PM

The Al Gore approached worked on Galileo, didn’t it?

Cicero43 on August 29, 2011 at 8:21 PM

As Galileo said of Al Gore’s gut: Eppur si muove!.

profitsbeard on August 29, 2011 at 8:24 PM

And if that doesn’t work: Hate Crime Legislation!

Arrest them! They HATE the planet!!!!

PackerBronco on August 29, 2011 at 8:25 PM

capejasmine,

Heh. I was just about to post “Whatever rummy”.

Mike Honcho on August 29, 2011 at 8:25 PM

Yes, every college science student knows that the “Big Ig” is an important tool in the search for scientific answers.

Cicero43 on August 29, 2011 at 8:25 PM

Dude is sucking up some serious calories to cut loose his chakra like that. I don’t believe our environment can sustain Al Gore riding in private airplanes at that weight.

Jaibones on August 29, 2011 at 8:26 PM

chai on August 29, 2011 at 8:23 PM

It’s all that meat he’s been eating….

ladyingray on August 29, 2011 at 8:27 PM

Tipper made the right decision…

d1carter on August 29, 2011 at 8:24 PM

Seriously…with half the money Steve Jobs gave Gore in free Apple stock? She probably hit the spa for six months, lost 60 pounds, and now she’s modeling bikinis for Pablo the cabana boy. Chakra this, Alvin!

Jaibones on August 29, 2011 at 8:28 PM

Even Fonzie only jumped the shark once. That shark’s gotta be thinking, “Huh? Oh…him again….(yawn).”

Bruce MacMahon on August 29, 2011 at 8:28 PM

So Bush and Perry are extremely dumb and this guy is a genius? LOL!

terryannonline on August 29, 2011 at 8:31 PM

It can never be repeated enough : Thank you to the great state of Tennessee !!!!!!!

DeweyWins on August 29, 2011 at 8:32 PM

I’m with Al Gore!

The very minute my carbon footprint matches Al Gore’s, I’ll run out of whichever on my mansions I happen to be in, jump into my chauffeured Limo, climb into my huge private jet and travel the world telling the little people that they must cut back on their miserly energy use or the world will soon end.

To bolster my position in opposition to the deniers, I’ll be selling myself carbon credits, all to save the Earth!

RJL on August 29, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Was that taped before or after CERN wiped out all the warmists’ cloud models?

I’d like to see Gore go express his passion standing at the business end of the LHC.

pedestrian on August 29, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Al Gore has been an intellectual coward for years, so dont expect him to debate anyone anytime soon.

seanrobins on August 29, 2011 at 8:34 PM

as horrible and incompetant Barry Hussein is, he at least has his mind working just fine…just in a commie Socialist manner…

This utter retard was within one State of being the President and I can not even imagine where we would be now if he had…he truly has lost what little of his mind he had!

SDarchitect on August 29, 2011 at 8:35 PM

Al, really… lose 50 ~ 75 pounds and the world will be a lot cooler for you!

RJL on August 29, 2011 at 8:36 PM

The Beck clip had me ROTFLMAO. Pat Gray, who’s Glenn’s sidekick/best friend and who can do Gore and Jimmy Stewart to a tee, was a talk show host in Houston for a few years, and every day was a blast to listen to. He, unlike Glenn, focused more on making fun of liberals and not getting too thick into the serious weeds. But, since he re-joined his friend, Beck, he provides a perfect foil to Glenn’s preachy side, as shown here.

And the way to show Gore’s complete detachment from reality, is to bring up his racist Father’s record on civil rights legislation. Of course, his Father lived in a different time, where one could only reach their first Chakra.

TXUS on August 29, 2011 at 8:37 PM

antisocial on August 29, 2011 at 8:20 PM

Seriously…you all should just imagine Al Gore as POTUS….

Think about any big crisis in the last 10 years…Al Gore is on the job..

If that don’t make yer balloon knot pucker, yer probably Paul Krugman, Michael Moore or a member of The Sierra Club…

…and that has to be punishment in itself….

BigWyo on August 29, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Al Gore is who Obama was thinking of while describing his bowling prowess.

Left Coast Right Mind on August 29, 2011 at 8:37 PM

AGW – ain’t nothing it can’t do!

Uh, just maybe this explains The Goracle’s actions lately.

How’s that Chackra Thing working out Alvin?

GarandFan on August 29, 2011 at 8:38 PM

All he needs is to grow a beard and start selling Paul Masson wines and the Orson Wells transformation will be complete.
Also,the community college TV room was a nice touch- very authoritative.

jjshaka on August 29, 2011 at 8:38 PM

Al Gore is who Obama was thinking of while describing his bowling prowess.

Left Coast Right Mind on August 29, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Why was Obama talking about his boweling?

pedestrian on August 29, 2011 at 8:39 PM

Al Gore, oxygen thief.

ajacksonian on August 29, 2011 at 8:40 PM

He could tie them to a stake, and wait for Global Warming to burn them to death…. They’d die of old age first, but it would scare off other dissenters.

RBMN on August 29, 2011 at 8:40 PM

Translation: Shut Up!

Gwillie on August 29, 2011 at 8:44 PM

Bringing out the race card to further marginalize his message.

Kini on August 29, 2011 at 8:49 PM

Seriously…you all should just imagine Al Gore as POTUS….

Think about any big crisis in the last 10 years…Al Gore is on the job..

If that don’t make yer balloon knot pucker, yer probably

In al Gores Cabnet

Paul Krugman,

Treasury

Michael Moore

Press secretary

or a member of The Sierra Club…

EPA

…and that has to be punishment in itself….

For us all my friend, for us all

BigWyo on August 29, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Gwillie on August 29, 2011 at 8:57 PM

Once again it’s been shown why this fraud of a politician (redundancy?) has never, and will never, DEBATE anyone and defend his viewpoints on AGW and some of his other bizarre opinions and ideas. Gore is certifiable and he is incapable of any critical thinking and continues to show it every time he opens his fat mouth.

As far as Al Gore is concerned the debate is over – he’s a fool.

greasywrench on August 29, 2011 at 8:59 PM

Yeah, read it again and think, Tommy Chong.

hawkdriver on August 29, 2011 at 8:14 PM

*SNORT*

darwin-t on August 29, 2011 at 9:02 PM

Still think he’s not getting enuff back rubs i.e., massages (cough, cough).

Bambi on August 29, 2011 at 9:03 PM

Sounds like he’s Super Serial about Man-Bear-Pig! I mean Global Warming!

shov74 on August 29, 2011 at 9:05 PM

Gore truly is an imbecile and a charlatan.

justltl on August 29, 2011 at 9:06 PM

Hey, don’t scoff. If anybody should know what a racist looks like, its Gore. Look at that sheet-wearing daddy of his. So, when he was talking about asking fathers about the basis of racism, was he talking about his own father? Apparently, he must’ve given Gore a good reason, because he’s as big a bigot as his scumbag father. After all: he’s a member in good standing of the Peoples’ Liberal Democratic Socialist Party, which, according to Fredrick Douglass, is pretty easily summed up:

“…Sir, it is evident that there is in this country a purely slavery party- a party which exists for no other earthly purpose than to promote the interests of slavery….For the present, the best representative of the slavery party in politics is the Democratic party.” -http://biblechurchypsi.org/history.html

Virus-X on August 29, 2011 at 9:06 PM

The media (and Politico) think we’ve got stupid candidates? They tried to install Al Gore, John Edwards, and now Barry. Who’s really lookin’ stupid now?

Rovin on August 29, 2011 at 9:07 PM

No wonder Rodney Dangerfield “can’t get no respect.”

Oh, that’s not Rodney Dangerfield?

onlineanalyst on August 29, 2011 at 9:14 PM

BigWyo on August 29, 2011 at 8:13 PM

*shudder*

cmsinaz on August 29, 2011 at 9:18 PM

Time to say it again:

Thank you Katherine Harris.

Thank you Florida.

Bruno Strozek on August 29, 2011 at 9:33 PM

Steven Den Beste on August 29, 2011 at 8:15 PM

It’s his understanding of rejecting the null hypothesis.

Barnestormer on August 29, 2011 at 9:38 PM

I’m thinking Gore is three sheets to the wind in that segment. Which is probably his normal state after a lifetime of trying to forget that his father was a racist “old” man (and he does seem to have forgotten this). Plus he could be mentally ill. I’m guessing the cause is all those blizzards that occurred at the wrong time in his life. Post traumatic stress syndrome.

Buy Danish on August 29, 2011 at 9:46 PM

Can you just imagine if this fool woulda pulled it off in 2000??

Holy Cow…..

BigWyo on August 29, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Al Gore, and don’t forget John Edwards, got really too close and he was on the Kerry ticket. There is an argument that John Edwards siphoned votes from Hillary during the Dem Primary in 2008. Hillary might have had more votes and won the primary. It’s a sign that the media is corrupt, and we don’t have a 4th estate anymore that speaks truth to power. Otherwise these Carneys/Hucksters, would get properly vetted, and not just by the National Enquirer.

Dr Evil on August 29, 2011 at 9:58 PM

When is Tipper coming out with her tell all book? Talk about an instant best seller. Working title, My life with an angry, sex poodle, warming alarmist “Manbearpig” exposed. Printed on recycled paper of course….toilet paper that is :)

Dr Evil on August 29, 2011 at 10:03 PM

He just needs a nice hug and for someone to tell him he’s smart. It’s been too long.

a capella on August 29, 2011 at 10:03 PM

Man, he’s gone from sibilant S’s to an outright lisp. The sound of his voice drives me nuts.

obladioblada on August 29, 2011 at 10:14 PM

So a scientific question should be answered by shutting down any dissenting voices. Just how backward and unscientific can the left get?

yetanotherjohn on August 29, 2011 at 10:17 PM

Ironically, if you look at Gore and his AGW evolution, he’s a typical politician. He stretches the truth when he has to or out and out lies, when he has to. He’s never answered the question about his movie not being allowed in the classroom in Britain without disclaimers about the falsehoods in it.

As far as his thoughts about integration, he’d have to prove to me he ever had the conversation he mentions, with his father. If you’ve ever heard him talk about tobacco, you’d understand his ability to lie. I doubt Gore ever had such a conversation with anyone, that would take courage and Gore doesn’t seem to have a lot of courage. He does, however, have a lot of political calculus so, if he did have it, he was counting votes, both for and against, and assumed it gave him an edge.

Vote Republican and only be called a racist one more time.

bflat879 on August 29, 2011 at 10:20 PM

oooooooh no, Al Gore is going to shun us.

Al, a lot of us, who majored in the hard sciences and understand what a travesty most of the alarmist “science” is, were some degree of nerd. As such, shunning does not work with us; we are indifferent to what the “in crowd” thinks of us.

Gore is going off the deep end; I suspect it’s because the limited partners of all those green venture funds are going rip him a new one for the losses they are going to incur. No carried interest payouts with a negative return.

Over50 on August 29, 2011 at 10:32 PM

If anyone ever said that to me, I’d have to recover from laughing hysterically at them before I could respond.

Good gracious, can’t we just declare the AGW movement dead already?

englishqueen01 on August 29, 2011 at 10:37 PM

Somebody has to say it: what a maroon!

Dhuka on August 29, 2011 at 10:43 PM

p.s.

It must be awful to go from being a prophet to being a bufoon.

Dhuka on August 29, 2011 at 10:44 PM

Al Gore: Agressively Stupid…and proud of it!!!

landlines on August 29, 2011 at 10:55 PM

Fat Al should take little Bammie’s advice when he says “at some point, you’ve made enough money.” Fat Al is nearly a billionaire after running his AGW scam for ten years. Isn’t that enough Al? Haven’t you stolen enough money from us?

slickwillie2001 on August 29, 2011 at 10:59 PM

obladioblada on August 29, 2011 at 10:14 PM

He sounds more like Forest Gump every day: same voice, same IQ.

landlines on August 29, 2011 at 10:59 PM

I wonder why he is so desperate to force everyone to believe this stuff? Follow the dollars my friend!

Dawnsblood on August 29, 2011 at 11:06 PM

We shall overcome….Al Gore and this AGW conspiracy theory.

KillerKane on August 29, 2011 at 11:06 PM

This from a man who wants to force a costly and inadequate energy scheme upon our nation and, if successful, stands to personally profit to the tune of billions of dollars as well as accumulating massive personal and political power and influence. How gross and evil is that?

So the next time I hear someone talking about how the seas are rising, and the Himalayas are shrinking and that my lawnmower is to blame, I will stand up and say: “Hey, why do you want to deny liberty to every person and keep all nations from developing their power needs and leaving them with primitive and inadequate power sources costing millions of lives and lower life span averages all in the name of unproven apocalyptic claims of global doom? Why do you talk like that? Come on, that’s wrong!! I don’t go for that!! so don’t talk like that around me!! I just don’t believe that!”. And when they can’t really answer that question with integrity, then the change will really start to happen. This needs to happen in millions of conversations and slowly we will win. I should say this with all the strengths of my convictions and passion. By doing this I will win the conversation.

Dollayo on August 30, 2011 at 12:03 AM

I made it 1:15 through the Algore clip. I watched Pat Gray twice. Priceless.

Mallard T. Drake on August 30, 2011 at 12:20 AM

The best way to defeat Gore and his global warming non-sense is too keep him talking about both.

LeeSeneca on August 30, 2011 at 1:13 AM

Gore’s right. People who deny global warming are no better than KKK lynchers. The righteous people ought to rise up and seize control. Start with the military. No more gas guzzling tanks, APCS, HMVs and choppers which pollute the environment with earth warming greenhouse gasses as a byproduct. Machine guns, rifles, rockets, grenades and similar weaponry either utilize expanding greenhouse gases or choke the earth with warming smoke, fire and explosions. Henceforth all military personnel will be armed only with non-polluting swords but, in respect for local city ordinances, no sword can exceed three inches in length.

MaiDee on August 30, 2011 at 1:31 AM

coldwarrior on August 29, 2011 at 8:15 PM

If you want to show your children how close we came to calling Al Gore “Mr. President” in 2000, rent the movie Recount

Much too close for comfort! I still remember the sickening feeling I had as I watched the results come in on election night. That was the night when I decided I had to become more active in political campaigns.

Vote more carefully in 2012, America! Elections have consequences!

wren on August 30, 2011 at 2:12 AM

AGW is a field of diamond-encrusted, fist-size chunks of platinum that Algore only has to tell his flunkies to pick up and take to his bank. You think he won’t pull out all the stops to protect that?
He won’t have an honest debate – knowing he would lose – because he doesn’t have to. There are so many people still on that bandwagon, and so many of them run governments, that his gravy train still has miles of track; enough to last to the end of his days and well beyond. The question is what will be his legacy: Visionary savior of the planet or global joke?

Extrafishy on August 30, 2011 at 6:55 AM

Al Gore has lost his mind (and probably some of his misbegotten AGW profits).

zoyclem on August 30, 2011 at 7:34 AM

History books a couple hundred years from now will have some awfully amusing stuff about Al Gore in them.

Check the index for “biggest frauds, hoaxes, and swindles in history.”

Hell, he’ll probably make the Guinness Book of Records. When the house of cards eventually and inevitably collapses under the weight of actual science, you know somebody will calculate the dollar cost of this fraud.

Will it hit trillions? I suspect it might before its all over.

The only real question about Nobel-Prize winning Al is whether he is the world’s biggest fool … or the world’s most successful con man?

I tend to lean towards fool. I think he’s always been a true believer.

Professor Blather on August 30, 2011 at 8:52 AM

I almost peed myself watching and listening to the Glenn Beck video clip. OMG, my office mates think I’m insane from my giggling. I think I shot coffee from my nose.

olesparkie on August 30, 2011 at 9:36 AM

Vice Presidents response to climate skeptics: “Hey, man why do you talk that way, I mean that is wrong. I don’t go for that so don’t talk that way around me.” is soooo gay. If VP Gore or other such wacko confronted me like that, I would remind them if they feel uncomfortable they are free to leave.

Also, VP Gore’s remark “this is a crisis of utmost urgency and consequence, and according to the Supreme Court, the Commerce Clause can do almost anything these days.” Finally, proof liberals have lost their way and are dangerous to themselves and others around them. Liberal politicians are so afraid of facing reality they become manipulative of the rule of law to meet their reality.

MSGTAS on August 30, 2011 at 9:55 AM

I’ll start believing in AGW when Al Gore actually does. His lifestyle shows otherwise.

DethMetalCookieMonst on August 30, 2011 at 10:02 AM

For my part, I’m going to try winning the conversation by treating big government liberals like racists. Reason certainly doesn’t work.

Blacklake on August 30, 2011 at 11:18 AM

Al Gore here is, as it were, raising stooping to desperate lows to new highs. He is really disgusting trying to get scientists and anyone else who reject man-made global warming (now strategically called “climate change”) to be regarded with the contempt reserved for “racists” in the hope that no one will listen to them. I guess he’s really loosing big bucks on his green investments.

“Racist” these days seems to be a meaningless hammer word that the left uses to beat & brand anything they don’t like. It’s even allegedly “racist” to despise or disparage Islam even though it’s clearly not a race. You are even suppose to believe of anti-Sharia legislation :
“It’s racism at its core.”

The nonsense from the left can get awfully desperate.

Chessplayer on August 30, 2011 at 11:58 AM

The cause of climate change? News flash, Al…It’s the Sun, big guy. Ask CERN…

StarLady on August 30, 2011 at 1:04 PM