Quotes of the Day

posted at 9:00 pm on August 28, 2011 by Ed Morrissey

Someone has to say it: Cable news was utterly swept away by the notion that Irene would turn out to be Armageddon. National news organizations morphed into local eyewitness-news operations, going wall-to-wall for days with dire warnings about what would turn out to be a Category 1 hurricane, the lowest possible ranking. “Cable news is scaring the crap out of me, and I WORK in cable news,” Bloomberg correspondent Lizzie O’Leary tweeted.

I say this with all due respect to the millions who were left without power, to those communities facing flooding problems, and of course to the families of the 11 people (at last count) who lost their lives in storm-related accidents.

————-

Now, hurricanes are not jokes, and neither was this one. Let’s just get that fact up top where it belongs. As she barreled up the coast over these past few days, Irene took 14 lives and caused an estimated “tens of billions” of dollars in damage, reports the AP.

But, that said, as the air clears and the winds die down, as they had done by about 2 p.m. here in Central Massachusetts, the apocalyptic scenarios and complete drowning of Manhattan under an unrelenting tide that 24-hour news outlets like CNN and others would have had you believe were an inevitable fact had all vanished like a fart in a brisk 65 mph wind. We were not immune to its effect, of course, having fired off a warning of our own in the swell before the storm. Lucky for everyone in the East, the storm did not “eff everyone up.” We’re grateful for that! But we can also sense when it’s time for a proper mea culpa.

————-

“People are saying they’ve dodged a bullet … [but] people have lost lives. I don’t think you can say we dodged a bullet.”

————-

The monster storm also provided a perfect opportunity for TV reporters to brave the winds and serve up a lot of hype before the hurricane hit and again when the torrential downpours began to drench streets and highways.

Not to mention the great photo opps [sic] for politicians like New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg.

————-

And even after the storm passes in the Northeast, the danger will persist. Rivers could crest after the skies the clear, and the ground in most of the region is saturated from a summer of persistent rain. In Rhode Island, thick with bays, inlets and coastline, authorities were worried about coastal flooding at Sunday evening’s high tide.

In upstate New York, rising waters at a dam on a creek sounded sirens and officials urged residents to seek higher ground. They did not believe the dam was in danger of imminent failure.

————-

“I want people to understand that this is not over. The impacts of this storm will be felt for some time, and the recovery effort will last for weeks or longer.”

————-

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

madmonkphotog on August 28, 2011 at 10:13 PM

redstaters<<<DC + NYers

/Media

ted c on August 28, 2011 at 10:16 PM

$65 for shipping and a website that looks like it was put together by a 7 year old?

Knucklehead on August 28, 2011 at 10:16 PM

Okay, I screwed up!
I went with the first site I found that had egg bagels.

massrighty on August 28, 2011 at 10:18 PM

Okay, I screwed up!
I went with the first site I found that had egg bagels.

massrighty on August 28, 2011 at 10:18 PM

For $65 bucks, I’ll drive some Lenders to Texas for her.

If they had PeaPod service in Texas she could get the Lenders egg bagels delivered to her door

Knucklehead on August 28, 2011 at 10:24 PM

madmonkphotog on August 28, 2011 at 10:13 PM

We were in Houston in early June and spent a few hours in Galveston to give me the chance to wade into the Gulf up to my knees and whisper endearments at sharks I couldn’t see see some of the places mentioned in Eric Larson’s book. “Isaac’s Storm” is about the 1900 Galveston hurricane.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 28, 2011 at 10:29 PM

Okay, I screwed up!
I went with the first site I found that had egg bagels.

massrighty on August 28, 2011 at 10:18 PM

Thanks.
*I’d send you a hug…but I’m an Aspie. LoL*

annoyinglittletwerp on August 28, 2011 at 10:31 PM

See last three paragraphs. Obama’s illegal alien uncle almost sideswiped some Framingham, MA po-lice car and had the chones to tell the cop that he was ‘acting stupidly.’

dayumn!

ted c on August 28, 2011 at 10:31 PM

It only affects you when you’re the one affected

Kini on August 28, 2011 at 10:32 PM

Nat. Geo has the 9-11 Bush interview on…It’s been on for 1/2 hour…

Gohawgs on August 28, 2011 at 10:33 PM

Many of us here in the Texas gulf coast region don’t what all the fuss was about. The general consensus around here is that the media blew the storm WAY out of proportion, the people were terrified by their local governments into believing this would be the end, and overall no one had any real grasp of what danger is. Around here, we don’t worry unless people who live in Galveston leave the island. Then we know we’re in for trouble.

As for the quote that people lost their lives, it is sad. But after the last big hurricane we had here in Texas, hurricane Ike, some people were never found. I never heard the media report that.

madmonkphotog on August 28, 2011 at 10:13 PM

That is because these areas are populated by liberal sheep and can be led around with loud voices and a stick. They expect government to take care of them and indignant when it is pointed out.

darwin-t on August 28, 2011 at 10:34 PM

Nat. Geo has the 9-11 Bush interview on…It’s been on for 1/2 hour…

Gohawgs on August 28, 2011 at 10:33 PM

Yeah, it got kind of quiet around here and I have something in my eyes. Darn allergies.

Knucklehead on August 28, 2011 at 10:37 PM

Knucklehead on August 28, 2011 at 10:37 PM

We don’t have a TV.
Sucks right now.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 28, 2011 at 10:39 PM

Nat. Geo has the 9-11 Bush interview on…It’s been on for 1/2 hour…

Gohawgs on August 28, 2011 at 10:33 PM

i wish we had cable. just this once. for all other days….nahhh

ted c on August 28, 2011 at 10:40 PM

madmonkphotog on August 28, 2011 at 10:13 PM

The loss of life is a tragedy and there are parts of Irene’s path that have severe flooding problems. These are sobering.

We went through Ike, too. It was a Cat 3 and it was unmitigated hell, we won’t stay for a 3 again. Our power was out for about two weeks and it was about 3 weeks before the office was open again. Some buildings were demolished. There were fallen trees on houses, boarded windows and tarped roofs for months.

The thing is, I don’t recall any national coverage or concern about it. There was certainly no media hoopla. Ice and water were handed out in some places, but I don’t recall any disaster stations in my area or anyone needing them. We picked ourselves up, helped each other out, cleaned up and went back to work. I guess people here are industrious and have a sense of self-reliance and obligation to their neighbors. The damage and the clean up were a big deal, but they were unavoidable and we just dealt with it.

In the meantime, a friend from the NE sent out a photo of the rainwater accumulated in his recycling bin today. To him, that was a big deal.

obladioblada on August 28, 2011 at 10:40 PM

was ike the one that hit TX the same year that katrina did?

ted c on August 28, 2011 at 10:43 PM

Ed, with all due deference to your disclaimers above about hurricanes being serious stuff and all that and with the greatest respect for those who *did* lose their lives, when a storm whose anticipated landfall will affect 65 million people (as was breathlessly hammered home over and over again), then there is bound to one idiot who wipes out in 5′ East coast “storm surf” or someone who vapor locks pounding nails into plywood boards.

The fact that deaths are anticipated is reason to broadcast advisories, warnings, and vital safety information. The fact that there were deaths does not forgive the wall-to-wall hyper-hype.

Can’t stand the patronizing, condescending “we’re looking out for you” news bravo sierra anyway.

The War Planner on August 28, 2011 at 10:44 PM

We don’t have the super duper cable that gets the National Geographic channel and I am sad. I wanted to watch that show.

Cindy Munford on August 28, 2011 at 10:44 PM

i wish we had cable. just this once. for all other days….nahhh

ted c on August 28, 2011 at 10:40 PM

Here’s the link, but I’m not sure it’s free or it’s just a preview.

George W. Bush: The 9/11 Interview

Knucklehead on August 28, 2011 at 10:45 PM

thanks knucklehead. my wife saw that yesterday and said, “i wish we had cable” then shoots a nasty look at her cheapskate husband.

ah well.

ted c on August 28, 2011 at 10:48 PM

don’t forget dear leader now…

cmsinaz on August 28, 2011 at 10:48 PM

was ike the one that hit TX the same year that katrina did?

ted c on August 28, 2011 at 10:43 PM

..Ike hit Texas in 2008; Katrina hit Louisiana in 2005. Both were – obviously more consequential that Hurricane Tropical Storm Heavy Downpour intense Drizzle Irene.

The War Planner on August 28, 2011 at 10:50 PM

Gohawgs on August 28, 2011 at 10:33 PM

got it dvr’d west coast time…looking good so far?

cmsinaz on August 28, 2011 at 10:50 PM

My wife has friends in Vermont and when I told her of all of the flooding she told me it is because of their heathen government. Can’t argue with her on that one

darwin-t on August 28, 2011 at 10:51 PM

Cindy Munford on August 28, 2011 at 10:44 PM

Cindy, you buy it here for $20 bucks

It’s really good. They’re going to be showing it all week. Mooch off a friend!

Knucklehead on August 28, 2011 at 10:51 PM

GW is a nice contrast to Colin whining up in the Headlines…

Gohawgs on August 28, 2011 at 10:52 PM

Knucklehead on August 28, 2011 at 10:51 PM

Thanks, that’s what I will do.

Cindy Munford on August 28, 2011 at 10:55 PM

It seemed to me that the media hated covering this story. I felt they were frustrated that it took away from their trashing of Perry. What an inconvenience.

As for hype by the media, isn’t that always the case? What bothers me is the downplaying of Irene by others.

I mean what exactly are the criteria for a serious storm? windspeed at the center seems to be the main yardstick. A tighter stronger storm would have been more devastating to fewer people. A bigger storm with the wind energy spread out over a larger area affected millions more people.

What is different about Irene is not the ‘overhyping’ by the media, it is Irene’s similarity to Ike. The low pressure of the storm was not matched by the windspeed of the eye at ground level. The wind energy didn’t reach down all the way. Instead it spread out over a wider area. Here in Central Virginia we had a higher percentage of power outages than the area the eye passed through because of the duration of the stronger winds vs the duration of the weaker ones.

IOW, the total energy matters, not just the Category.

MaggiePoo on August 28, 2011 at 10:56 PM

Cindy, you buy it here for $20 bucks

It’s really good. They’re going to be showing it all week. Mooch off a friend!

Knucklehead on August 28, 2011 at 10:51 PM

Thanks for this. It might be worth it to drop the $20 and just put it into the DVD and watch it instead of the obligatory, self-serving speech that will be given by The Light Crap-Bringer on the 10th anniversary.

Tangential thought: Why, oh why do we have such tools in office for these auspicious occasions? Remember the 50th anniversary of D-Day and how that flaccid-membered intern-fornicator carried on over in Normandy?

The War Planner on August 28, 2011 at 10:57 PM

The megaphone speech still gets me…

d1carter on August 28, 2011 at 10:58 PM

The War Planner on August 28, 2011 at 10:50 PM

Umm, noooo they weren’t. They hit redstates…redstates that just so happened to have a few black, Democratic voters in them that were just ripe for the pickins’ by the race baiters that be. Now Irene, OTOH, threated a whole lotta East Coasters and Dem populations—that’s the center of the universe y’know….////

ted c on August 28, 2011 at 10:59 PM

Maybe the hurricane was overhyped to make Obama look good, in terms of FEMA response. Today, I kept hearing FEMA types talk about what they were doing and where they were, and I kept saying ‘hmmm.’ Standard policy is that a community must be able to take care of itself for at least four days to a week before FEMA can come in. That FEMA was on hand immediately says that the storm wasn’t as big in FEMA’s mind as the media made it in ours. FEMA is never on site while the storm is in progress because they have the supplies to help, and you don’t want those destroyed by the storm. Also, the state and local governments have to take care of things like clearing roads so FEMA can come in. If FEMA was on site just so that they could help Obama claim that he is a better crisis manager than Bush, that is plain idiotic because FEMA would be risking lives to make Obama look good.

SilentWatcher on August 28, 2011 at 11:00 PM

..wrong on a number of things, but some things “W” did reflected class and bearing. God bless him and God bless the United States of America.

The War Planner on August 28, 2011 at 11:00 PM

The War Planner on August 28, 2011 at 10:57 PM

Oh yes, but the 40th Anniversary was a whole different story.

ted c on August 28, 2011 at 11:00 PM

..er, that was in answer to d1Carter’s post:

The megaphone speech still gets me…

d1carter on August 28, 2011 at 10:58 PM

The War Planner on August 28, 2011 at 11:01 PM

ted c on August 28, 2011 at 11:00 PM

..stop it ted, it’s hard to type with tears in my eyes.

The War Planner on August 28, 2011 at 11:02 PM

The War Planner on August 28, 2011 at 10:57 PM

I’m having a hard time keeping it together right now. They just showed GW at Ground Zero with the bullhorn and it appears GW is having a hard time keeping it together during this entire interview.

It’s truly heartbreaking especially when you think of what we now have sitting in the White House who can’t give a speech without TOTUS and look the American people in the eye.

Knucklehead on August 28, 2011 at 11:03 PM

was ike the one that hit TX the same year that katrina did?

ted c on August 28, 2011 at 10:43 PM

Hurricane Rita hit about a month after Katrina, in 2005. Strangely enough, the feds were reluctant to help Texas out with the aftermath, and that’s back when POTUS was a Texan.

Ike hit in 2008. According to Wikipedia, it was the 3rd costliest storm to hit the US. 195 people died, 112 in them in the US.

But no one remembers Ike, do they?

obladioblada on August 28, 2011 at 11:03 PM

ted c on August 28, 2011 at 11:00 PM

One of my all time favorites.

Cindy Munford on August 28, 2011 at 11:06 PM

Well…John the Libertarian hangs out in Seattle for the summer causing the Mariner’s 17 game losing streak AND Ichiro’s sub .350 batting average…

alt and ted c move to Texas and that State experiences one of the worst droughts in its long storied history…

Hmmmm

Gohawgs on August 28, 2011 at 9:51 PM

And I had a hand in the Dodgers going bankrupt.

Oregon v. LSU Sept. 3 — yikes!

John the Libertarian on August 28, 2011 at 11:07 PM

obladioblada on August 28, 2011 at 10:40 PM

Yeah, but Ike hit Texas.

You know us Texans just deserved it since we kept electing race-haters and anti-science bigots like Perry.

catmman on August 28, 2011 at 11:10 PM

I think I finally got to see some people that my old momma used to describe. Those “.. too stupid to come in out of the rain.”

el rey on August 28, 2011 at 11:11 PM

“… an inevitable fact had all vanished like a fart in a brisk 65 mph wind.”

Like anything reporters, particularly liberal narcissistic reporters who believe in AGW, have to say… the key words are: “… vanished like a fart in a brisk 65 mph wind.”

Their only hope is that every hurricane from her on forward, hits New Orleans… Remember, these people must truly believe that garbage movies like “The Day After Tomorrow” and “2012″ are reality.

Danny on August 28, 2011 at 11:14 PM

The looks on the faces of those surrounding George Will said a novel about it all.

C. Robert, the snot, was thinking “oh, my he is exposing the charade, he’s right and he can do it so eloquently/smartly”.

Schadenfreude on August 28, 2011 at 11:14 PM

Ike hit Texas in 2008; Katrina hit Louisiana in 2005. Both were – obviously more consequential that HurricaneTropical StormHeavy Downpour intense Drizzle Irene.

The War Planner on August 28, 2011 at 10:50 PM

Not too long after Katrina, Rita hit the LA/TX border area…

Gohawgs on August 28, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Eh, s/b Kookie Roberts

Schadenfreude on August 28, 2011 at 11:15 PM

One of the reasons I haven’t watched TV news for a decade or two. If you take the subset of a news program that is actually news, then take the subset of that that is of interest to you, then the subset of that that isn’t hopelessly distorted, biased, or misinformed, you haven’t got much left and you’e wasted the half-hour trying to dig it out. (Plus whatever time you spend verifying whether or not it’s true and complete.)

Socratease on August 28, 2011 at 11:22 PM

Oregon v. LSU Sept. 3 — yikes!

John the Libertarian on August 28, 2011 at 11:07 PM

LSwho may be without several players for that game. Seems several players got into a fight with someone trying to leave a bar’s parking lot and literally drug him out of his truck and beat and kicked the driver. One of those charged, so far, is the starting QB…

Gohawgs on August 28, 2011 at 11:25 PM

obladioblada on August 28, 2011 at 11:03 PM

I missed seeing your Rita post…

Gohawgs on August 28, 2011 at 11:27 PM

Gohawgs on August 28, 2011 at 11:25 PM

Jordan Jefferson – woah. That’s pretty huge.

John the Libertarian on August 28, 2011 at 11:30 PM

Personal tinfoil hat conspiracy … After Katrina (and the way the media crucified Bush) and after all the ways Obama has f’ed up, the media saw a story that they could hype up (that’s what they do naturally anyway) and make sound worse than it was so that IF something bad happened, the super prepared Obama would look strong or something. Hey, at least I made clear I think it’s a tinfoil hat conspiracy theory. ;)

MeatHeadinCA on August 28, 2011 at 11:34 PM

so what’s Obama to do with this mess?? suck it up with a straw? order some shrimp? Manhattan Clam Chowder? New England Clam Chowder?

ted c on August 28, 2011 at 11:45 PM

Meaty,

I saw a blurb of Bloomberg saying that the damage from Irene wasn’t as great as it could’ve been in due to his and other NYC official’s efforts…

Gohawgs on August 28, 2011 at 11:46 PM

Another Obama illegal alien shows up: Obama’s Illegal Alien Uncle Onyango Hits Cop Car Drunk; Asks to Call White House

slickwillie2001 on August 28, 2011 at 11:47 PM

Gohawgs on August 28, 2011 at 11:46 PM

And he’s wreaked havoc all over the country by closing down the airports and canceling over 20,000 flights. The last I heard he’s not opening them until noon tomorrow.

Knucklehead on August 28, 2011 at 11:48 PM

g’nite cindy, all you fellers. don’t stay up too late dammit. see you in the OOTDs.

ted c on August 28, 2011 at 11:50 PM

Meaty,

Gohawgs on August 28, 2011 at 11:46 PM

Ray Nagin hardest hit?

MeatHeadinCA on August 28, 2011 at 11:51 PM

For Darwin’s sake, KILL YOUR EFFING TV!

ronsfi on August 28, 2011 at 11:54 PM

Ray Nagin hardest hit?

MeatHeadinCA on August 28, 2011 at 11:51 PM

Not chocolaty enuf…Naw, just another pol being a pol. It almost looked like the Chief of Police shook his head as he stood behind Bloomberg and heard his inane comment…

Gohawgs on August 28, 2011 at 11:55 PM

Rick Perry.

carbon_footprint on August 28, 2011 at 9:21 PM

…lines his gloves with fur of nuked kittens.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 28, 2011 at 9:29 PM

I knew it. I knew it!!

Meanwhile, I’d love to know where the picture for this thread comes from. A fine piece of Googie architecture I’ve seen in many a day getting splattered with salt water. What a tragedy.

theotherone on August 28, 2011 at 11:57 PM

Snoremageddon.

ronsfi on August 28, 2011 at 11:59 PM

Gohawgs on August 28, 2011 at 11:55 PM

Maybe Bloomberg should primary Obama…

MeatHeadinCA on August 29, 2011 at 12:01 AM

Good job filling in for Allahpundit, Ed, Jazz And Tina. I suspect the undisclosed location may be having some weather related issues.

George Will did hit the right tone though. I’ve been through far worse storms in the Philippines. I’m not diminishing the damage done, it is going to be in the tens of millions of dollars. We’ll recover quickly though I suspect.

simkeith on August 29, 2011 at 12:04 AM

Dire Straits was here..:)

Dire Straits on August 29, 2011 at 12:10 AM

I’m glad they covered this one with all the fervor they did concerning the Nashville area floods./

Dr. ZhivBlago on August 29, 2011 at 12:12 AM

After days of dire warnings from Mayor Michael Bloomberg and cable news channels about the first hurricane to seriously menace New York since the mid-1990s, Irene had weakened to a tropical storm by the time it arrived.

Irene leaves few items Bloomberg and Obama can use as excuses to milk the taxpayers and control them.

Schadenfreude on August 29, 2011 at 12:23 AM

Bloomberg is getting more annoying by the minutes.

Schadenfreude on August 29, 2011 at 12:23 AM

Drudge at this moment, from left to right

Left, the IMF goat, meh, beh, meh

Center, Hugo Chavez, go already

Right, Obama and the other guy, Napoltano

Schadenfreude on August 29, 2011 at 12:26 AM

Nat Geo is replaying the Bush 9-11 interview in 13 minutes…

Gohawgs on August 29, 2011 at 12:47 AM

Thanks, Gohawgs. I’ve DVR’d it in case I fall into the arms of Morpheus. :)

Greyledge Gal on August 29, 2011 at 1:02 AM

Irene was a perfect storm.

The Weather Channel and the other cable news channels got fresh footage of some clown standing on a beach in the rain and wind to run in their promos (long 3 years).

Nanny state pols got a chance to lecture their childr… constituents and push the power of big government.

- *Locally, Richard Neal did this right after the tornado hit Western Mass. The shameless turd said something along the lines of, “I’ll bet people aren’t complaining about big government now.”

Barry had a chance to make a fool out of himself again with his, “Look at me, I’m beter at sitting in a chair in a briefing room than W.”

A lot of FEMA backed funds for fraudulent/overstated claims will be funneled to some blue states to buy a couple votes.

reaganaut on August 29, 2011 at 1:07 AM

simkeith on August 29, 2011 at 12:04 AM

Agreed. However, I will say that if Irene hit as a cat two, (I can’t speak for others) my area would have been much more damaged. So many power lines and trees down in my area. Going on about 24 hrs no power. I don’t mind though.

Got lucky here with a weak cat one

blatantblue on August 29, 2011 at 1:07 AM

Look gang, every freaking storm that comes along is the new “storm of the century”. After a while, you kind of have to tune them out don’t you?

Snake307 on August 29, 2011 at 1:46 AM

The decision to approve the pipeline now rests on the desk of the president, who likely doesn’t relish approving the pet project of then-Alaska Governor Sarah Palin. Expect him to use every day of the 90-day waiting period.

While it’s estimated that Canada may have as much as 2 trillion barrels of oil in reserves, “the U.S. Geological Survey estimates the [US] has 4.3 trillion barrels of in-place oil shale resources centered in Colorado, Utah and Wyoming, said Helen Hankins, Colorado director for the U.S. Bureau of Land Management” according to the Associated Press.

4.3 trillion barrels is 16 times the reserves of Saudi Arabia or enough oil to supply the US for 600 years.

Read more.

John the Libertarian on August 29, 2011 at 4:05 AM

JtL,

The obamanation came back from vac cay to that report?!??! I bet Scooter had a hissy fit…

Gohawgs on August 29, 2011 at 4:32 AM

The decision by the State Department puts Obama in a bind.

Using my George C. Scott voice — Hillary, you magnificent bastardge…

Gohawgs on August 29, 2011 at 4:36 AM

Aaaaaand “strong fiscal conservative” New Jersey Gov. Chis Christie foregoes shooting himself in the foot and aims MUCH higher.

“BILLIONS! I NEED BILLIONS!!!”

Just out of curiosity, Gov. Christie, uh, where exactly do you expect those billions to come from?

WE’RE BROKE, YA DOPE!

SuperCool on August 29, 2011 at 5:07 AM

In the wake of Irene the MFM hears yet another nail being pounded into their coffin. Being hyper-alarmist about everything becomes a deadening sound and they only scream so loud now that the cover is finally closing out the reality they are supposed to report. The Hype is overwhelming them and they step from being hypocrites to hypercrites. It is all hyperbole now as the MFM hears their last connection to the real world now sealing its fate, and we will be better served by weather reports without the reporters… and news without they hype, just with the facts Ma’am, thankyouverymuch.

ajacksonian on August 29, 2011 at 6:44 AM

UNEXPECTEDLY weak hurricane!

How to put the right SPIN on Irene’s OPTICS?

It was a mediocre hurricane PRODUCT.

Welcome to doublespeak.

How are those governmental REVENUES coming?

INVESTMENTS, you say??

KINETIC MILITARY ACTION.

UNDOCUMENTED WORKERS?

Sherman1864 on August 29, 2011 at 6:52 AM

now, we are going to hear, infrastructure monies are needed ad nauseum from dear leader down to all the dem governors…

cmsinaz on August 29, 2011 at 7:05 AM

Who is this idiot John Ransom? Palin had nothing to do with the Keystone Pipeline, it has nothing to do with Alaska. Guy doesn’t even know what pipeline he’s talking about.

lowandslow on August 29, 2011 at 7:08 AM

It’s Monday Morning August 29, 2011………remember the HOPE we felt three years ago today?

PappyD61 on August 29, 2011 at 7:12 AM

OT: is Rick Perry duumb?

really politico, really?

cmsinaz on August 29, 2011 at 7:14 AM

OT: morning joe pundit actually admitted to the hypocrisy of the left on their silence of dear leader’s foreign policies when they were crying ‘war criminial’ about W for 8 years….

broken clock syndrome apparently

cmsinaz on August 29, 2011 at 7:23 AM

My take.

kingsjester on August 29, 2011 at 7:23 AM

Sherman1864 on August 29, 2011 at 6:52 AM

you’re blaming the messaging?///

ted c on August 29, 2011 at 7:27 AM

My take.

kingsjester on August 29, 2011 at 7:23 AM

I like the lil’ shorty cartoon.

ted c on August 29, 2011 at 7:30 AM

Thanks Mr. Morrissey. Do you ever get the feeling that maybe some of us spend way too much time on HotAir? Not me of course.

Cindy Munford on August 28, 2011 at 9:28 PM

Not me. I’m a HotAir-a-holic.

ProudPalinFan on August 29, 2011 at 7:31 AM

kingsjester on August 29, 2011 at 7:23 AM

perfect KJ…let it keep on fizzling…

cmsinaz on August 29, 2011 at 7:31 AM

Dr. ZhivBlago on August 29, 2011 at 12:12 AM

I am still waiting for the “uproar” of every.single.country.musician that owns a Gibson, or any yahoo in a garage rock band that uses Gibson guitars.

I expected a mother of all concerts in front of the WH as a protest or somethin’!

ProudPalinFan on August 29, 2011 at 7:41 AM

OT: is Rick Perry duumb?

really politico, really?

cmsinaz on August 29, 2011 at 7:14 AM

As much as that Politico article tries to slam Perry with weak praise, he sounds like a good manager/executive to me. He brings the same skill set that Palin does/did. Neither of them appears to be paralyzed by surrounding themselves with good advisers/advice.

onlineanalyst on August 29, 2011 at 7:41 AM

Thanks, Ted. I like it, too. He just doesn’t measure up.

cmsinaz on August 29, 2011 at 7:31 AM

Thank you, ma’am!

kingsjester on August 29, 2011 at 7:42 AM

OT: is Rick Perry duumb?

really politico, really?

cmsinaz on August 29, 2011 at 7:14 AM

Ha! Did you go to the page to see who actually has a video “discussing” the piece? Why it is bald headed bug eyed speech stutterer Mike Allen, looking like a damn goon. Politico is vile. Never in a million years would they ask Austrian speaker 57-states visitor Urkel if HE is dumb.

Marcus on August 29, 2011 at 7:45 AM

The War Planner on August 28, 2011 at 10:44 PM

Testify, Brother Planner, testify!

ya2daup on August 29, 2011 at 7:49 AM

WE’RE BROKE, YA DOPE!

SuperCool on August 29, 2011 at 5:07 AM

Did anyone notice the jacket Christie was wearing on camera yesterday? It said “Chris Christie” with “Governor” right underneath it. I thought that was odd. Not even a state emblem or anything. I don’t remember Bobby Jindal wearing that kind of jacket during the BP spill. Or any other governor for that matter during an emergency.

TxAnn56 on August 29, 2011 at 7:52 AM

ajacksonian on August 29, 2011 at 6:44 AM

Hypercrites … nice turn of phrase!

ya2daup on August 29, 2011 at 7:53 AM

onlineanalyst on August 29, 2011 at 7:41 AM

looking forward to the next debate…

Marcus on August 29, 2011 at 7:45 AM

yepper

shameful

cmsinaz on August 29, 2011 at 7:58 AM

We demand PROOF OF LIFE for Allahpundit!

Blake on August 28, 2011 at 9:35 PM

My sources tell me that he is at Sheehan’s on 3rd Ave. Kneewalking drunk.

katy the mean old lady on August 29, 2011 at 8:02 AM

Geraldo Rivera famously said that New Orleans had dodged a bullet the morning after Hurricane Katrina hit. Then the levees broke.

Buy Danish on August 29, 2011 at 8:07 AM

But PBHO needs his own Katrina that he handles magnificently. You know, so we can remember how awful Boooosh was when he bombed the New Orleans levies because he hates black people and all that.

/msm

MJBrutus on August 29, 2011 at 8:22 AM

FOX was way over the line with the hype. They even used footage from several disaster movies mingled in with Geraldo standing on the street in a rain coat. If the NE fell apart during the almost hurricane what would happen if a real monster storm blew in. Homes in Pensacola, Fl, had blue roofs for months after Katrina and driving I10 was like driving thru a debris field. The pols really put themselves in a hole by over hyping this storm. When the next one comes along, it’s going to be difficult to get the populace to believe them.

Kissmygrits on August 29, 2011 at 10:11 AM