Obama team to Texas Democrats: It’s time to start attacking Rick Perry

posted at 8:45 pm on August 24, 2011 by Allahpundit

Forget today’s Gallup poll. If you want a solid sign that Perry’s achieved at least parity with Romney, here it is.

“Your feedback will help hold him accountable on the campaign trail, inspire fellow Texans to get involved, and introduce his record — his actual record — to voters across the country,” Hector Nieto, the campaign’s Texas director, told Texas supporters by email blast today. “Your words will remind him that even as he runs, he won’t be able to hide — a lesson he apparently hadn’t learned as recently as last week. That’s when his campaign explained that the positions he took in the book he wrote just nine months ago, like saying that Social Security is unconstitutional and `a crumbling monument to the failure of the New Deal,’ no longer represent his views.

“But what other Americans are just starting to learn about — and, frankly, reject — Texans have dealt with for more than a decade. It’s up to us to make sure he doesn’t get to run away from the truth.”

Nieto’s email says hundreds of Texans have already shared their dim views on Perry, directing critics to an online form where they can suggest their own favorite “failed policies” for which he should be held accountable.

Yes, they really do have an online form just for this on Obama’s campaign site. I’m intrigued by the fact that they’re not content to rely on standard oppo research in this case but want man-on-the-street grumbling from Texas liberals instead. Is that because they’re deeply (and understandably) worried about voters being dazzled by Texas’s record on jobs and think that only “eyewitness testimony” from the locals disputing it will be effective? Or is it because Perry has a huge, obvious populist advantage over President Spock such that only fellow salt-of-the-earth southerners might be able to counter it? The “Rick Perry is the liberal antichrist” message will only go so far; to reach undecided voters, they need to start casting doubt on his heartland authenticity too. Rank-and-file Texas Democrats can help.

Speaking of cultural contrasts, here’s a photo that was tweeted today by David Limbaugh. It’s clever, but (a) there’s already an obvious liberal counterattack and (b) it’s easier to get traction with the “noble serviceman versus slacker dandy” comparison if the slacker dandy in question didn’t give the order to shoot Osama Bin Laden in the face.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Wait a minute? Did Perry just say that the economic crisis is a punishment from God? What? Heck, he’s rapidly approaching Jerry Falwell/ Pat Robertson territory.
promachus on August 24, 2011 at 9:47 PM

No, James Robison territory.

whatcat on August 24, 2011 at 9:58 PM

For anyone who hasn’t seen it, here is a sample of Perry’s “excellent” debating skills…

LOL

idesign on August 24, 2011 at 9:54 PM

so because the “moderator” and crowd mocked his answer, his point was somehow refudiated? By those standards Palin is a clown.

Anton on August 24, 2011 at 9:59 PM

ddrintn on August 24, 2011

So does she or does she not give good reason for people to think she is a quitter. Come on rickroller.

CW on August 24, 2011 at 9:53 PM

ddrintn:

I know it is easier to go with:

The typical CW comment.

ddrintn on August 24, 2011 at 9:55 PM

But again:

You can’t answer…..hahahahaahahahahahhaha

CW on August 24, 2011 at 9:59 PM

LOL

idesign on August 24, 2011 at 9:54 PM

wow. that was bad.

unseen on August 24, 2011 at 9:57 PM

I don’t think bad discribes it…LOL

idesign on August 24, 2011 at 9:59 PM

idesign on August 24, 2011 at 9:54 PM

OMG. What’s that? Is that why he’s hiding in a bunker?

promachus on August 24, 2011 at 10:00 PM

Anton on August 24, 2011 at 9:59 PM

Ouch.That hurt.

CW on August 24, 2011 at 10:00 PM

Because Rick is invincible and untouchable!! Heh.

ddrintn on August 24, 2011 at 9:53 PM

The ABP crowd have found their savior, to lead them away from the fear of Palin winning the nomination (let alone the presidency). And now they don’t see the irony in how they are responding to the vetting Perry will face from both the media and Obama. Not to mention probably Romney’s minions. They are rapidly becoming the cultists they decry the Palin supporters as being. Perry is the Untouchable, nothing can harm him–!! forgetting that they are running against the Chicago Messiah and his little Acorn/union buddies, as well as the combined might of the MSM.

And they complain Palin supporters lead them away from Palin…well, Perry supporters have become insufferable enough to discourage one from supporting him, should Palin not run.

theotherone on August 24, 2011 at 10:00 PM

Yeh Ricks your guy til Palin commits…Sure.

CW on August 24, 2011 at 9:57 PM

Let’s see: Palin-basher retort # 4657: “Just because I say something critical about Palin Perry doesn’t mean I hate her him or wouldn’t vote for her him!! Cultist!! Get a thicker skin!!!”

ddrintn on August 24, 2011 at 10:00 PM

LOL

idesign on August 24, 2011 at 9:54 PM

wow. that was bad.

unseen on August 24, 2011 at 9:57 PM

I don’t think bad discribes it…LOL

idesign on August 24, 2011 at 9:59 PM

OMG! Bad, how about VERY BAD! lol

carbon_footprint on August 24, 2011 at 10:02 PM

theotherone on August 24, 2011 at 10:00 PM

Righto. With the behavior of CW, twerp, MJBrutus and rickyrickardo, I have no reason to back Perry.

promachus on August 24, 2011 at 10:02 PM

Anton on August 24, 2011 at 9:59 PM

Right…LOL

Until you can show me a video of Palin doing as bad in a debate format, you’re Just grasping at straws.

idesign on August 24, 2011 at 10:03 PM

no reason what so ever.

unseen on August 24, 2011 at 9:58 PM

Let me see she resigns from the Alaska Oil and Gas Conservation Commission and she resigns from the Governorship and that is not a trend? You think it is going to be easier? She is going to have less resistance and less enemies? She is going to be surround by less opportunity for corruption?

You nistas live in some alternate universe.

CW on August 24, 2011 at 10:03 PM

dear leader a little freaked out….heh

cmsinaz on August 24, 2011 at 10:04 PM

Anton on August 24, 2011 at 9:59 PM

Exactly. It’s by those standards — the media as “moderator” — that Palin IS a clown, with the “crowd” — GOPers led around by the nose — joining in. You’re getting there.

ddrintn on August 24, 2011 at 10:04 PM

I have no reason to back Perry.

promachus on August 24, 2011 at 10:02 PM

LOL- that is logical/sarc

You are a Palinista there is nobody else anyway.

Psst I am not a Perry fan any more than a Bachmann fan (and not a Romany fan) and I do like Palin but I think the quitter thing is an issue but hey I realize logic and reality are foreign to the nistas so you are excuses.

CW on August 24, 2011 at 10:05 PM

theotherone on August 24, 2011 at 10:00 PM

promachus on August 24, 2011 at 10:02 PM

I know. These Perry-as-god cultist creeps can really turn you off, can’t they?

ddrintn on August 24, 2011 at 10:06 PM

The HA universe where quitters are winners and good Christian men like Perry are accused of cheating on their wives.

God love ya. Later.

CW on August 24, 2011 at 10:07 PM

Right…LOL

idesign on August 24, 2011 at 10:03 PM

does it have to be a debate format? or can I just point to the 3 years of unforced errors? Don’t get me wrong though, I do in fact like Palin, but the double standard is kind of silly.

Anton on August 24, 2011 at 10:07 PM

OMG! Bad, how about VERY BAD! lol

carbon_footprint on August 24, 2011 at 10:02 PM

looks like one of the hottest videos on twitter too. .

unseen on August 24, 2011 at 10:07 PM

(a) there’s already an obvious liberal counterattack

Obvious only to unimaginative progressive idiots, that is. Lame.

KS Rex on August 24, 2011 at 10:08 PM

You nistas live in some alternate universe.

CW on August 24, 2011 at 10:03 PM

You’re wrong as usual.

the_nile on August 24, 2011 at 10:08 PM

CW on August 24, 2011 at 10:07 PM

Tsk. He broke a promise. I didn’t say anything about cheating on his wife.

ddrintn on August 24, 2011 at 10:08 PM

Anton on August 24, 2011 at 10:07 PM

yes please list these unforced errors….

unseen on August 24, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Anton on August 24, 2011 at 10:07 PM

What unforced errors sweetums?

promachus on August 24, 2011 at 10:09 PM

You nistas live in some alternate universe.

CW on August 24, 2011 at 10:03 PM

So you won’t vote for her got it, good for you. Who do you like?

bluemarlin on August 24, 2011 at 10:10 PM

Trash-talking Failed Community Activist / Marxist Failure of Affirmative-Action President Promotes More Trash-talking.

News at ten.

viking01 on August 24, 2011 at 10:10 PM

CW on August 24, 2011 at 10:07 PM

Such a good Christian that he thinks economic collapse is a retribution from God? lol.

promachus on August 24, 2011 at 10:10 PM

Anton on August 24, 2011 at 9:59 PM

Right…LOL

idesign on August 24, 2011 at 10:03 PM

To be accurate, that comparison is not completely valid, this was not a debate. But that’s also the “bad news” for Perry since he didn’t fare very well here. I hope his campaign people are working on that or it’s gonna be “pretty ugly” down the road.

whatcat on August 24, 2011 at 10:11 PM

Tsk. He broke a promise. I didn’t say anything about cheating on his wife.

ddrintn on August 24, 2011 at 10:08 PM

Of course you didn’t. That’s what CW does when he/she runs out of talking points. Either he/she will make up cr*p or stalk you.

kim roy on August 24, 2011 at 10:11 PM

or can I just point to the 3 years of unforced errors?

Like what? Like mandating injections? Come on now, if you want to play rough…

Anton on August 24, 2011 at 10:07 PM

Oh, you’d better believe the double standard is silly. Rick Perry splutters his way through an answer: “You’ll get ‘em next time, tiger!” Palin flubs Couric interview: “She’s d-o-n-e.” I love that “I like Palin, I really do, but…” stuff.

ddrintn on August 24, 2011 at 10:12 PM

CW on August 24, 2011 at 10:05 PM

You are wrong. Palin was my first choice, Rudy my second and I was hoping Rick could be my third as I don’t think Rudy will have enough traction to win. But after the vetting, I have to reconsider.

promachus on August 24, 2011 at 10:12 PM

Anton on August 24, 2011 at 10:07 PM

There are plenty of videos of Palin debating. You just need to find one as bas as that Perry video.

Good luck..:)

idesign on August 24, 2011 at 10:12 PM

bad not bas…

Me bad.

idesign on August 24, 2011 at 10:13 PM

OMG! Bad, how about VERY BAD! lol

carbon_footprint on August 24, 2011 at 10:02 PM

looks like one of the hottest videos on twitter too. .

unseen on August 24, 2011 at 10:07 PM

Might be helpful, though, in the way of lowering expectations in case he actually ever does debate anyone.

whatcat on August 24, 2011 at 10:13 PM

CW on August 24, 2011 at 9:53 PM

Well… a “good” reason if someone only deals in superficialities, I guess.

malclave on August 24, 2011 at 10:15 PM

whatcat on August 24, 2011 at 10:13 PM

LOL…

ddrintn on August 24, 2011 at 10:15 PM

whatcat on August 24, 2011 at 10:13 PM

true. Is he going to be at the sept 7th debate? him and Mitt going at it would be fun to watch. I wonder who n will get the bes tof it. Perry will hit Mitt on romneycare and mitt will hit him on STD shots.

unseen on August 24, 2011 at 10:16 PM

yes please list these unforced errors….

unseen on August 24, 2011 at 10:09 PM

hmmm. Okay, well you are pulling me into an argument I don’t neccessarily want to be a part of. I was actually a “nista” like yourself but she has talked me out of it.

Start with the interviews while running with McCain. The Couric one and the other older fellow. After the election she has mainly appeared on friendly shows like Greta and Hannity and still can’t avoid commiting errors that betray a lack of something.

“Humbleness” (Greta), “Destruct me” (Hannity)and of course an unwillingness to go on the aforementioned shows and kick ass to make up for past blunders. It is easy for her to tell Zeigler she was wronged, but why not go tell Couric?

Anton on August 24, 2011 at 10:18 PM

I know. These Perry-as-god cultist creeps can really turn you off, can’t they?

ddrintn on August 24, 2011 at 10:06 PM

I already have a messiah and his name’s not Rick Perry. I think Perry’s a good guy and a good conservative who would make an excellent president. That’s where it ends for me.

Celebrity worship ain’t my thing.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 24, 2011 at 10:19 PM

looks like one of the hottest videos on twitter too. .

unseen on August 24, 2011 at 10:07 PM

That’s good for Perry. If he can pull off a decent debate performance in the primary, he’ll benefit from these early low expectations. It’s actually not bad to go into a debate underestimated if a candidate can turn in a good performance. Perry lacks Obama’s eloquence, no doubt about it, but I suspect his very capable and experienced campaign team is going to be smart enough to turn that around on Obama, i.e., “he talks a good game, but screws up everything he touches — what do you want, a smooth talker or a guy who gets results?”

They don’t want to go too far — constantly bashing elite education, for example (though it is fully deserving of much mocking) — but if they can make the argument “incompetent smooth talker vs. competent results guy” Perry wins.

Rational Thought on August 24, 2011 at 10:19 PM

I love the way the writer states that Americans will come to know, and reject what Texans have known all along… Does he think we’re that stupid? Perry has been in office since 2000 and he’s the longest serving Governor of Texas. I think that tells Americans that they need to try some of what Texans like so much that they keep electing him to office time and time again. Common sense people. Hopefully the American electorate will have some this time around and not believe all the liberal media spin.

Whippet on August 24, 2011 at 10:22 PM

Since when has Obama had eloquence?

Whippet on August 24, 2011 at 10:24 PM

Anton on August 24, 2011 at 10:18 PM

seriously a 3 year old interview that was edited? I’m seriously still waiting for the entire video to be released. her gibson interview was fine. nothing to write home about but no major mistakes or bad answers.

As far as the zeglier pik she never said she was wronged. He said she was wronged.

the rest? a mistated word? failure to go on other networks because she was under contract?

unseen on August 24, 2011 at 10:28 PM

Since when has Obama had eloquence?
Whippet on August 24, 2011 at 10:24 PM

Since he learned to iron his pants. A fine pants crease leads naturally to eloquence. Duh.

Bishop on August 24, 2011 at 10:28 PM

Good luck..:)

idesign on August 24, 2011 at 10:12 PM

Well I will tell you what dude. You link to a vid of her debating a moderator and audience that was that antagonistic towards her, asking her a question regarding made up liberal “statistics” about something as important as teaching that abstinence works and I will judge her fairly. Until then I and a lot of the elctorate will remember the Couric interview when she wouldn’t name a newspaper she read and could not put into words what Bush’s foreign policy was about.

Anton on August 24, 2011 at 10:28 PM

Rational Thought on August 24, 2011 at 10:19 PM

good points about the low expectations angle.

unseen on August 24, 2011 at 10:29 PM

Bush’s foreign policy was about.

Anton on August 24, 2011 at 10:28 PM

Everyone including those named Bush were in that camp.

unseen on August 24, 2011 at 10:31 PM

failure to go on other networks because she was under contract?

unseen on August 24, 2011 at 10:28 PM

if this is the sole reason then I stand corrected. And, when she get’s in and goes on NBC or ABC and fares well then I will change my mind. Until then, I can only judge her on what I have seen.

Anton on August 24, 2011 at 10:31 PM

Celebrity worship ain’t my thing.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 24, 2011 at 10:19 PM

Walked right into it….

Sarah Palin is the Way, The Truth,and the Light.
If you do not fully commit your heart and your soul to Sarah Palin you risk being cast into the fiery pit.
///

annoyinglittletwerp on August 24, 2011 at 9:25 PM

As a Palin supporter, celebrity worship isn’t my thing either.

Before you start labeling people “cultists,” you might first consider something a real Messiah said, “do to others as you would have them do to you.”

theotherone on August 24, 2011 at 10:32 PM

This is somewhat O/T, but this thread seems like the best place to ask? I’m not trying to be snarky; I’m genuinely curious…

Back in the summer of 2007 and into 2008 was there this much bickering over the GOP nominee? Who were the big candidates at the time that people argued over. Once McCain won the primary, did everyone get behind him or was it a given that he had no chance? And how in the hell did he win, anyway???

I honestly don’t know because I was in a fog during that time. I had a newborn and a 2 year old, and my husband was traveling constantly. That year is a blur to me. Even though I voted in the primary, I wasn’t nearly as engaged as I am now. Thanks to this disaster were stuck with now, I am a full fledged junkie.

Nikkia2112 on August 24, 2011 at 10:32 PM

Anton on August 24, 2011 at 10:28 PM

nothing like allowing CBS’s of the fake but accurate fame edited video to be your man talking point. I think you said over the last 3years. Not simply 3 years ago. so which is it. Has Palin made unforced errors over the last three years or is an edited interview you only problem with her?

unseen on August 24, 2011 at 10:33 PM

Everyone including those named Bush were in that camp.

unseen on August 24, 2011 at 10:31 PM

Ummm, did you see his secong inauguration speech? The rest of the entire world did.

Anton on August 24, 2011 at 10:34 PM

We’ve been through it for the last 3 years. lol. Where have you been? Our candidate has been fully vetted while Perry is a timebomb waiting to go off.

promachus on August 24, 2011 at 9:10 PM

Perry may be the bomb that goes off and becomes damaged goods. Palin already is damaged goods.

toliver on August 24, 2011 at 10:34 PM

unseen on August 24, 2011 at 10:33 PM

What Palin f-up did CBS create that Palin never defended as foul play? Which phantom is this?

toliver on August 24, 2011 at 10:36 PM

Nikkia2112 on August 24, 2011 at 10:32 PM

well we had the classic FRED! threads, and Mitt vs McCain threads, even some huckabee supporters. So yeah typical primary time. Not sure if enough people got behind McCain in the end or not. He lost but some say it was because Obama won and not because of people not being behind him. I think a lot of people sat at home myself. I don’t think a RINO or moderate will do very well in 2012 either.

unseen on August 24, 2011 at 10:36 PM

Anton on August 24, 2011 at 10:28 PM

First, try to find it yourself.

Second, She said all of them, because she thought Couric was being condescending, and Couric was. By the way that was three years ago, and why was that the only thing released in a 2 hour interview?

Third, Perry just got in the race and the vetting of him is just started, while Palin as been vetted for over three years, and all you can come up with is the Couric interview?

Pathetic…

idesign on August 24, 2011 at 10:37 PM

unseen on August 24, 2011 at 10:33 PM

dude, you are asking me to remember everything she has said over the last three years that has given me pause. Regretfully, I cannot. My initial point was I thought it was a bit disingenuous or even intellectually dishonest for you and others to be pointing gleefully to a Perry vid where he did not come off well. I would think that you above all would be sympathetic to a pol in hostile territory

Anton on August 24, 2011 at 10:37 PM

Anton on August 24, 2011 at 10:34 PM

yeah I saw it and within a day did you see him walking it back?

unseen on August 24, 2011 at 10:37 PM

Anton on August 24, 2011 at 10:28 PM

Well, it wasn’t a debate… but what about the Gibson interview, with the questions about the “Bush doctrine” and the misquote of what she had said in church?

malclave on August 24, 2011 at 10:39 PM

toliver on August 24, 2011 at 10:36 PM

read up on the subject some maybe you will learn something.

unseen on August 24, 2011 at 10:39 PM

Nikkia2112 on August 24, 2011 at 10:32 PM

It was pretty bad then, too. The Fred! supporters and the Romney supporters would go ’round and ’round on each other regularly. And the worst was that we wound up with McCain. Personally, until he picked Sarah Palin as his running mate, I was going to go to the polls and hold my nose to vote for him. McCain was only giving me a reason to vote against Obama, and not for him.

This time, we actually (and Perry supporters, take note–this comes from a confessed Palin supporter) have some decent candidates in the race, as well as some more on the side who, if they got in, would really shake things up. So of course it’s going to be a bit nasty during the primaries, when we are all pulling for our own candidate.

The question remains, will we all get together once the dust has settled and support whoever’s left standing? That remains to be seen.

theotherone on August 24, 2011 at 10:39 PM

First, try to find it yourself.

No, you said these were available. Please link?

Anton on August 24, 2011 at 10:42 PM

Anton on August 24, 2011 at 10:37 PM

3 years ago I would have been. everyone has a bad day or a bad interview or a bad debate and most people will admit this but sadly the last three years have shown me that isn’t the case.

unseen on August 24, 2011 at 10:44 PM

If and when Palin enters the race, and she effs up a few questions or blows some interview, will it be “Oh hey shiite happens” or “Man, she wants to be POTUS, for real?”

And she would screw up sooner or later, they all do.

Bishop on August 24, 2011 at 10:45 PM

And she would screw up sooner or later, they all do.

Bishop on August 24, 2011 at 10:45 PM

sooner or later.

unseen on August 24, 2011 at 10:47 PM

No, you said these were available. Please link?

Anton on August 24, 2011 at 10:42 PM

You can start with this one…

idesign on August 24, 2011 at 10:48 PM

Nikkia2112 on August 24, 2011 at 10:32 PM

Yes, even more bickering. All there is now is a few lingering sour grapes supporters for one candidate who isn’t running and isn’t likely to. Fred! was in and out so quickly it was just kind of funny.

Most people supported McCain once he clinched and we focused our attention on Operation Chaos and generally how idiotic the country would have to be to vote for that nobody from Chicago.

pedestrian on August 24, 2011 at 10:48 PM

theotherone on August 24, 2011 at 10:39 PM

unseen on August 24, 2011 at 10:36 PM

Hey thanks for the insight.

Nikkia2112 on August 24, 2011 at 10:50 PM

unseen on August 24, 2011 at 10:44 PM

this is somewhat incoherent, but I think I get your point.
I would only say that instead of attacking those that you perceive as a threat to her, just understand that we are all fighting the same war on the same team against the same enemy. If Sarah gets in and wins the nomination, myself and my family will fight to make sure she wins. Please make the same pledge (lol “pledge”)should she not get in and Perry is our standard bearer.

Anton on August 24, 2011 at 10:51 PM

You can start with this one…

idesign on August 24, 2011 at 10:48 PM

I have seen that one and she did well. Did it change my mind that she can beat Obamanation? No.

Anton on August 24, 2011 at 10:54 PM

“Start” attacking Perry? Huh.

Ward Cleaver on August 24, 2011 at 10:57 PM

As a Palin supporter, celebrity worship isn’t my thing either.

theotherone on August 24, 2011 at 10:32 PM

He is God. He was perfect. He IS perfect
I am not.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 24, 2011 at 10:57 PM

And she would screw up sooner or later, they all do.

Bishop on August 24, 2011 at 10:45 PM

And it will be 24/7 coverage on her screw up, while the real issues fall by the wayside. I’m beginning to think some people would rather see Obama re-elected than admit Palin has big obstacles to overcome.

Knucklehead on August 24, 2011 at 10:58 PM

You know, when all is said and done, I am just happy that we have some candidates that Obama is afraid of.
We must not lose sight of our objective: remove the purple-lipped, jug-eared bass-tard from office.

With that, we can all agree that we want our strongest, brightest and best going up against the Chicago machine in November of oh-twelve.
Be it, Romney, Palin, Paul, Bachmann, Perry, Gingrich, Cain or Huntsman.
Have to think a bit on that one.

carbon_footprint on August 24, 2011 at 11:04 PM

pedestrian on August 24, 2011 at 10:48 PM

Wow-I had to Google Operation Chaos (blushing) and read a very depressing Rush transcript…knowing how things turned out.

Nikkia2112 on August 24, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Can’t a commenter (me) on HA like both Perry and Palin?

Can’t a commenter on HA believe that either would be a great candidate even with their flaws?

Where is a perfect candidate?

mockmook on August 24, 2011 at 11:05 PM

And it will be 24/7 coverage on And it will be 24/7 coverage on her Perry’s screw up, while the real issues fall by the wayside. I’m beginning to think some people would rather see Obama re-elected than admit Palin Perry has big obstacles to overcome.

Knucklehead on August 24, 2011 at 10:58 PM

FIFY

idesign on August 24, 2011 at 11:06 PM

Be it, Palin, Perry, Gingrich.
Have to think a bit on that one.

carbon_footprint on August 24, 2011 at 11:04 PM

Agreed! kinda =)

Anton on August 24, 2011 at 11:08 PM

Agreed! kinda =)

Anton on August 24, 2011 at 11:08 PM

Yeah, me too!

carbon_footprint on August 24, 2011 at 11:10 PM

Can’t a commenter (me) on HA like both Perry and Palin?

Where is a perfect candidate?

mockmook on August 24, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Yes, believe it or not, there are many of us. We all cringe when Palin supporters bash Perry or vice versa.
Palin and Perry are allies; you would think we all could “just get along”.
By the way, Rodney King arrested again for DWI.

carbon_footprint on August 24, 2011 at 11:12 PM

Anton on August 24, 2011 at 10:51 PM

If a 3 year old edited interview is fair game then a incorhent interview of Perry’s is also fair game. If people want to attack i defend. If they want to have a conversation about the best caniddate I discuss. If they want to pretend their candidates shi! don’t stink I bring a fan to give them a good whiff. My caniddates has been fully vetted some like yourself think that vetting process has made her damaged goods. So be it that’s fine. soem don’t understand all candidates will be vetted either by us or them. I will support the best candidate. and yes if I have to vote for the lesser of two evils agains t Obama I will do it but your war is not my war. I am not in this to get an R elected. I want my gov and country back. I’m tired of progressives and crooks leading this country to doom. I’ve had 23 years of leaders that have steadily brought this once great nation to the edge of destruction. Can Perry slow that? maybe I’m not yet convinced of that. Palin’s record shows if anyone can turn things around it is her. So yeah if I have to i will vote for the lesser of two evils in Perry or even god forbid Mitt but that doesn’t give me any hope that those two will be any different than Bush, Clinton , bush or Obama.

unseen on August 24, 2011 at 11:14 PM

read up on the subject some maybe you will learn something.

unseen on August 24, 2011 at 10:39 PM

I know all about the subject of screwing up the Couric interview. Her f-ups were not created by editing. To claim her f-ups were manufactured is to drink Palin-Aid.

toliver on August 24, 2011 at 11:14 PM

By the way, Rodney King arrested again for DWI.

carbon_footprint on August 24, 2011 at 11:12 PM

that comment was racist! Allah?

Anton on August 24, 2011 at 11:15 PM

I love Sarah and think she would make a great President some day, but I don’t think that this is the time. After the lefts little experiment in racism by electing at the first black man they felt could win as President instead of a qualified black person, Americans of all races will be quite nervous at electing a woman nownfor the first time. Obama has been such a disaster that peoplenwill be looking for the candidate with lots of experience and the type of successful Presidents we’ve had in the past. Unfortunately for a woman, there is no history in this country to give people the confidence they need right now. Sucks, but I just think that’s the way it will be. Now, as a VP candidate I think a woman would do fine in this political climate. But for the top job, they’ll be looking for experience, and lots of it, someone who is confident, is pro-military, loves America and Capitalism and has balls, in more ways than one.

Whippet on August 24, 2011 at 11:16 PM

Perry should gather this and other photos, and spread them around.

This is from 22. What about when they were both 12?

It’s a great year to witness, were it not so challenging for so many.

Sorry, I forgot the link in the first round.

Schadenfreude on August 24, 2011 at 11:19 PM

that comment was racist! Allah?

Anton on August 24, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Okay, but in his defense, he said he was under the influence of “medical marijuana”. I guess for the pain that those whitey cops inflicted upon him twenty years ago.

carbon_footprint on August 24, 2011 at 11:19 PM

FIFY

idesign on August 24, 2011 at 11:06 PM

Rather than refute what I say, you once again resort to childish antics. Everyone has flaws, too bad you are to blind to see it and instead act like the class clown.

Knucklehead on August 24, 2011 at 11:20 PM

The Bushes, nor even the disgusting Clinton deserve to be compared to Obama. Obama is in a class all his own and of his own purposeful making. I don’t think even Clinton could have dreamed of destroying the country to this degree, but then he was preoccupied.

Whippet on August 24, 2011 at 11:27 PM

Knucklehead on August 24, 2011 at 10:58 PM

About what you’ve said, never mind Palin. Wait ’til you see Perry at a debate. Oh wait. You won’t. Because of exactly the reasons you’ve mentioned above about Palin, except they apply to Perry. He runs from his own shadow. Never debates. And bullies people that try to take him to task on his record. You want a disaster waiting to happen? Perry’s your man.

MrX on August 24, 2011 at 11:28 PM

MrX on August 24, 2011 at 11:28 PM

so he wins by accident?

Anton on August 24, 2011 at 11:33 PM

AllahPundit –

“once again you failed to hit the mark!” – Capt Kirk to Khan, Wrath Of Khan

Sitting deep underground in a bombproof fallout shelter, ordering our military to risk their lives somehow makes our Kenyan Communist Muslim-In-Chief a tough guy? I call BS on that. In contrast, Rick Perry risked his life every time he went up in an Air Force fighter jet. Dude, he directly put his life on the line for our country; Obama never did.

As for the “II” after Obama’s name, it’s appropriate. I’ve always thought of him as a #2. But don’t worry folks, we’ll flush him in early November of next year.

CatchAll on August 24, 2011 at 11:34 PM

how exactly does Perry bully people?

Whippet on August 24, 2011 at 11:35 PM

CatchAll on August 24, 2011 at 11:34 PM

The UBL operation was a tough call politically. We should give 0 that much to be fair.

Also, while he may be a communist, he’s not Kenyan. Come on man.

toliver on August 24, 2011 at 11:38 PM

whatcat on August 24, 2011 at 10:13 PM

LOL…

ddrintn on August 24, 2011 at 10:15 PM

I didn’t mean a dig. I’m serious about lowering expectations not being a bad thing. Think “misunderestimate” – worked for Reagan and Bush.

whatcat on August 24, 2011 at 11:39 PM

toliver on August 24, 2011 at 11:14 PM

nothing like admitting you have no idea what you are talking about.

unseen on August 24, 2011 at 11:43 PM

Can’t a commenter (me) on HA like both Perry and Palin?

Where is a perfect candidate?

mockmook on August 24, 2011 at 11:05 PM

You aren’t alone. I’m one and there are lots of others. It’s just the disingenuous BS like “she quit” or “the polls” or “she’s unelectable” or “she’s screechy”, etc, etc, etc, that get people (or Palinistas or cultists or whatever) riled and a little strident towards Palin. In time the same tone will be found to Perry. It’s early. Palin’s had three years of a head start.

Can only speak for myself, but I’d like to see them all run and present their case. If Perry or Palin or Romney or Bachmann can’t get through this primary, there’s no way that there going to get through Obama and his minions and this is nothing but good practice.

kim roy on August 24, 2011 at 11:44 PM

nothing like admitting you have no idea what you are talking about.

unseen on August 24, 2011 at 11:43 P

Yeah, CBS did an editing job on Palin and she said nothing. They also magically put dumb words in her mouth.

The only people that believe such rubbish are the cultists that spend 12+++ hours a day on Palin threads.

toliver on August 24, 2011 at 11:51 PM