President McCain is clearly a warmonger

posted at 4:00 pm on August 20, 2011 by Jazz Shaw

I sure wish we had elected that Obama guy back in 2008. If we had, we wouldn’t be looking at staying in Iraq even longer. Obama would have – at a minimum – gotten out of Iraq on the same schedule that the warmonger Bush had set up.

Of course, there’s still the matter of Afghanistan. If we had elected Barack Obama, I can assure you that he would have set up a firm plan to begin a major draw-down of our forces by this year and gotten the rest out in short order. But not President McCain! Oh, no! We just found out this weekend that he’s close to signing an agreement to keep not only training details, but special forces and air power in country until… are you ready for this? Until 2024.

And as far as the rest of the world goes, I still fondly recall candidate Obama’s spot on criticism of the way President Bush launched wars in a willy-nilly fashion, ignored the War Powers Act and ignored the powers of Congress, as well as the wishes of the American people. Why couldn’t we have elected that guy? Instead, we watched as President McCain launched an attack on yet another nation – Libya – sneering out of one side of his face that we would only be there for days. Right, Mr. President. It’s been nearly 200 of them so far.

Meanwhile, the warmonger McCain is already looking at the possibility of even further commitment of American troops in places ranging from Somalia to who-knows-where next? If we keep going at this rate we’re going to be in five or six wars by the time McCain is up for a second term. Are you going to stand for this? I know I’m not.

That’s why I’m calling on all good Democrats and progressives to continue the efforts which have been underway since 2003. Take to the streets with your signs and your bullhorns! In 2004 there were more than a million of you in Manhattan shaking the very pavement with your cries for peace. And this is no time to slack off in your efforts.

So I’ll meet you all in Times Square tomorrow morning for the massive protest march against President McCain and his endless wars. And I’ll bring the donuts. See you there!

This post was promoted from GreenRoom to HotAir.com.
To see the comments on the original post, look here.

Comments

Yep he sure would have been I think.

Spathi on August 20, 2011 at 4:03 PM

LMAO Jazz. Funny piece.

simkeith on August 20, 2011 at 4:03 PM

Yep he sure would have been I think.

Spathi

I highly doubt what you say – the “I think” part.

honsy on August 20, 2011 at 4:07 PM

Ron Paul wins new Hampshire young republican straw poll. Realignment among younger republican voters continues.

45% Ron
Romney10%

Forget rest

Spathi on August 20, 2011 at 4:10 PM

Ok. I get the sarcasm. And partially agree. The criticism of Obama is spot on.

But then again… McCain???? Even after the miserable job our Muslim-kissing Pres. O’Lame-o has done, I still have no regrets sitting out the last election.

McCain is and was a major sellout RINO a*wipe. Just call him ‘Charmin’ … with a nasty attitude. (and yes, any objective person who listened to that video knows he called his wife a C*, although I suspect he was being truthful if not polite)

Loves dem illegal Mexican and Islamists… No please don’t torture those poor innocent souls in Gitmo.

Sorry, don’t see much diff between him and the Dems.

I just hope and pray the Republicans can produce a better field of candidates next time around, but I am not too hopeful.

Cain already imploded and Rick Perry is another Muslim-kissing a*wipe. Good luck on that, Reps!

StephenDvd on August 20, 2011 at 4:13 PM

This article is pure nonsense…everybody knows McCain would already have died from cancer or something…

NORUK on August 20, 2011 at 4:13 PM

I highly doubt what you say – the “I think” part.

honsy on August 20, 2011 at 4:07 PM

I didn’t know why you wrote that…until I saw the comment right after yours.
Paulbots.
*facepalm*

itsnotaboutme on August 20, 2011 at 4:14 PM

great piece Jazz

cmsinaz on August 20, 2011 at 4:16 PM

And let’s not forget all the arms McCain let flow to Mexican drug gangs.

rbj on August 20, 2011 at 4:19 PM

Paul, a congressman from Texas, won a commanding 45 percent of the vote and bested runner-up Mitt Romney by 35 percent votes despite not actually attending the event, which was held in New Castle and also included a lobster bake.

Spathi on August 20, 2011 at 4:22 PM

Excellent.

RedNewEnglander on August 20, 2011 at 4:25 PM

Ron Paul supporters breakdown

40% pothead
30% isolationist
20% no clue but like I heard he was cool
10% Republicans

angryed on August 20, 2011 at 4:31 PM

Buy war paint and take to the streets, for tomorrow we dine at restaurant row!

Kini on August 20, 2011 at 4:46 PM

Ron Paul supporters breakdown

40% pothead
30% isolationist
20% no clue but like I heard he was cool
10% Republicans

angryed

. . . and 80% anti-Israel, many of which fall under the above categories.

honsy on August 20, 2011 at 4:48 PM

Spathi on August 20, 2011 at 4:10 PM

Here we go with this sh!t again…

catmman on August 20, 2011 at 4:50 PM

honsy on August 20, 2011 at 4:48 PM

Look, hon, spathi is a plant….

Lanceman on August 20, 2011 at 4:51 PM

I hate Ron Paul…. In part because of his moronic spamming idiot cult member followers.

Boxy_Brown on August 20, 2011 at 4:53 PM

Yes … President McRage SUCKS … and his daughter? Don’t get me started.

HondaV65 on August 20, 2011 at 4:56 PM

StephenDvd on August 20, 2011 at 4:13 PM

I know whom I consider “Charmin”. People who sit out elections because their personal pick isn’t in it.
I’m sure you will waste your voter privilege again.
Thanks for Obama, azzwipe.

katy the mean old lady on August 20, 2011 at 4:58 PM

Here we go with this sh!t again…

catmman on August 20, 2011 at 4:50 PM

Aw, he’s kinda cute in a pathetic,spammer,cultish kind of way. Plus, we get to beat the crap out of him.

katy the mean old lady on August 20, 2011 at 5:00 PM

Does that stupid Code Pink even exist anymore because they all sure have STFU. I guess war only counts if the GOP has the WH.

Hypocrites.

Dark Star on August 20, 2011 at 5:01 PM

The only positive to Obama being elected was that McCain wasn’t.

The second worst day of my life was the day Barack Obama won the 2008 election.

The worst day of my life was the day I voted for John McCain.

sartana on August 20, 2011 at 5:04 PM

The same people who were castigating Bush are little lambs with warmonger Obama. He is on the same godless page as they are, therefore no problemo. Carry On, O, nothing to see here say the atheistic sheep.

leftnomore on August 20, 2011 at 5:05 PM

Sartana, I remember waking up in CA to learn McCain had one the Florida primary, and therefore the nomination. I knew it was over… the loss was fixed. I eventually had to mark the McCain dot on my presidential ballot, and did so with a nauseated stomach.

leftnomore on August 20, 2011 at 5:07 PM

honsy on August 20, 2011 at 4:48 PM

Look, hon, spathi is a plant….

Lanceman

You give it too much credit. More like a rock. ;)

honsy on August 20, 2011 at 5:08 PM

WON, not ‘one.’ Sheesh.

leftnomore on August 20, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Look, hon, spathi is a plant….

Lanceman on August 20, 2011 at 4:51 PM

Well he has the same amout of brain cells as one anyway.

darwin-t on August 20, 2011 at 5:08 PM

amout=amount in Austrian

darwin-t on August 20, 2011 at 5:09 PM

sartana on August 20, 2011 at 5:04 PM

I try to rationalize that electing Obama was better than getting McCain in the long run, but I can’t do it. Besides destroying the economy, Obama’s put two hard-left radicals on the Supreme Court and might get two more if Ginsberg and Breyer see the writing on the wall too soon. The damage, I think, is too deep.

Aardvark on August 20, 2011 at 5:12 PM

It’s a good thing the anti war movement has been holding Pres. McCain to task for all his war mongering. Keep speaking truth to power Code Pink!

mizflame98 on August 20, 2011 at 5:15 PM

Paul Good. Eveybuddy else … bad bad war men. We save national treasure. We no go war. We no help Iserale. No, no bad bad Iseralierites. Bad bad anti piplistenian peoples.

hawkdriver on August 20, 2011 at 5:16 PM

hawkdriver on August 20, 2011 at 5:16 PM

**snort**

kingsjester on August 20, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Well he has the same amout of brain cells as one anyway.

darwin-t on August 20, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Apologies are owed to my Boston fern.

katy the mean old lady on August 20, 2011 at 5:40 PM

The Atlantic is on it.

BKeyser on August 20, 2011 at 5:42 PM

They told me if I voted for McCain…

holygoat on August 20, 2011 at 5:59 PM

There would seem to be a Trans-national Globalist clique that would have won either way in ’08 as they had a Fellow Traveler in McCain and a downright tool Barry Dunham.

I have to think that there would have been a difference with a McCain Presidency in that I just can’t imagine him pulling off things like the closing down of energy production and programs like Fast and Furious- which are treasonous and actually evil. And I seriously doubt McCain would have sent Seal Team 6 out to murder an Osama Double and then have them all killed so they couldn’t spill the beans(cause that’s what it looks like to me).

But we have to ask- what would a President McCain have denied a Congress under Pelosi and Reid? We would probably have a Health Care bill very similar to Obamacare- if not as horribly bad in the short term, it would have paved the way for a full Public Option under a subsequent Democrat Presidency and it would have had bi-partisan approval. We would probably have Amnesty. I think McCain would have signed a Stimulus not unlike Porkulus. I could go on but it’s safe to say that McCain would not have been much of a leash on that Democrat Congress.

This is why it’s so important to avoid the AnybodybutObama candidate and focus on nominating a solid Conservative and a true American Patriot for 2012.

Most likely, the first term of the next Administration will be spent investigating the hell out of the current one and sending their treasonous behinds to the hanging dock.

sartana on August 20, 2011 at 6:08 PM

Actually, one good thing to have come from a McCain Presidency is that there would be no Tea Party wing of the Republican Party-

there would just be a Tea Party.

sartana on August 20, 2011 at 6:11 PM

Barack Obama has turned out to be the neocon’s wet dream.

Lon Chaney on August 20, 2011 at 7:10 PM

Clever. McCain is a Teddy Roosevelt wannabe. Bush and Obama probably Wilsonian.

AshleyTKing on August 20, 2011 at 7:38 PM

Look, hon, spathi is a plant….

Lanceman on August 20, 2011 at 4:51 PM

Specifically, a monocotyledonous flowering plant in the family Araceae:

Spathiphyllum

The common name of the spathiphyllum is the Peace Lily.

Mary in LA on August 20, 2011 at 11:58 PM

They’re both warmongers. End the warfare. End welfare. End the Fed. End the assault on liberties. End the ripping of our constitution.

Ron Paul or bust.

iamse7en on August 21, 2011 at 12:17 AM

iamse7en on August 21, 2011 at 12:17 AM

Don’t worry kid. If you don’t volunteer, you won’t have to go.

hawkdriver on August 21, 2011 at 1:16 AM

Good shot, Jazz. Too bad Obama’s base won’t get it — that is, if they should happen to read it. They’ll be asking themselves if it is some kind of joke.

As for

Spathi on August 20, 2011 too many times to bother counting

and

. . .

Ron Paul or bust.

iamse7en on August 21, 2011 at 12:17 AM

et al . . . if you bots want to know why absolutely no one with as little as a grain of sense, or greater, would ever take Ron Paul, or any of you seriously, it is out of the very real fear that you bots would all end up getting federal jobs. That would actually be the only possible step down from the moronic bozos that Obama has put in those positions! Think about it!

Oh yeah . . . there’s the whiny voice thing, too. RP might decide to make a lot of speeches, like Barry . . . even if it was only a quarter to half as many.

Can’t take that risk!

Trochilus on August 21, 2011 at 10:43 AM

sartana on August 20, 2011 at 6:08 PM

You do of course, mean Sarah Palin; as – thus far – she is the only potential candidate who fills that bill completely.

Solaratov on August 21, 2011 at 11:15 AM

McCain might not have been a great president (or even a good one) but I’m betting he wouldn’t be actively trying to destroy America by doing everything he can to kill jobs in the oil, coal, manufacturing, etc industries. Forcing unwanted, unconstitutional legislation that “you have to pass to find out what’s in it” and a DoJ gone wild. Czars and agencies making “law”. Plus, the biggest presidential friend of the union/mafia leadership ever. And all of that is just the tip of the iceberg.

Big John on August 21, 2011 at 12:27 PM

Spathi on August 20, 2011 at 4:10 PM

Did your Mom drop you on your head when you were a kid, because the only people who support Ron Paul are nutjobs and brain-damaged idiots.

Wolftech on August 21, 2011 at 1:32 PM

darwin-t on August 20, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Brain Cells are not required to be a Ron Paul supporter. In fact, they automatically disqualifies you from being a Ron Paul supporter because anyone with even a single brain cell knows the man is a dangerous idiot nutjob that has no business running for dog catcher, let alone POTUS.

Wolftech on August 21, 2011 at 1:39 PM

..the man is a dangerous idiot nutjob that has no business running for dog catcher, let alone POTUS.

Wolftech on August 21, 2011 at 1:39 PM

I’m not a Ron Paul for POTUS supporter, but I don’t agree with that assessment. I think the perfect job for Dr. Paul would be U.S. Treasury Secretary. He’d have the guts to take a machete to the IRS!

Mary in LA on August 21, 2011 at 1:45 PM

Mary in LA on August 21, 2011 at 1:45 PM

This. I’d gladly vote for him as POTUS if it came down to him vs. Obama…but he’s not what America needs right now for a President. But oh yeah would he be a good idea to go after the IRS goons!

Uncle Sams Nephew on August 21, 2011 at 4:24 PM

To be fair, Obama did campaign on escalating Afghanistan. It’s just that Obama supporters and the media kept quite on that stance and promoted his anti-Iraq position to collect the anti-war vote (although, he didn’t need much helping attracting that vote away from McCain).

And the way the 2012 race is shaping up, either side collecting the anti-war vote would prove partisanship in the anti-war crowd.

gyrmnix on August 21, 2011 at 4:35 PM

I’m sure you will waste your voter privilege again.
Thanks for Obama, azzwipe.

katy the mean old lady on August 20, 2011 at 4:58 PM

Not voting is hardly “wasting your vote.” I disagreed with almost everything Obama and McCain said, so why should I WASTE my vote on either of them? Bob Barr was a joke and it would’ve been a waste to vote for him. Not voting in ’08 was the responsible thing to do.

gyrmnix on August 21, 2011 at 4:40 PM

He would have shut down Gitmo too.

Herb on August 21, 2011 at 5:09 PM

Spathi on August 20, 2011 at 4:03 PM

If only we had elected Sen. McCain instead of that lying, thieving coward from Texas, we wouldn’t have surrendered every American military base on foreign soil, we wouldn’t have permitted Hamas to destroy Israel, we wouldn’t have abdicated our position as a stabilizing force throughout the world. Nice work, President Paul.

Freelancer on August 22, 2011 at 10:14 AM

Mary in LA on August 21, 2011 at 1:45 PM

I’m still waiting for the results of that Fed audit….Dr. Paul IS in charge of some subcommitee that has such responsibilities, right? Surely he wasn’t just blowin smoke, was he???

runawayyyy on August 22, 2011 at 1:14 PM