Video: Christine O’Donnell walks off Piers Morgan’s show

posted at 8:00 pm on August 17, 2011 by Allahpundit

Via Gossip Cop, such is the viral potential of this video that you’re going to end up watching it somewhere. It might as well be here and now.

I don’t understand her objection. Did Morgan not let her talk about her book at all during the course of the interview? Or is she just really, really opposed to talking about gay marriage for whatever reason? Unless there’s an agreement before the show that certain topics are off-limits, the host is usually free to ask anything he/she wants. Palin just did an hour of questions with reporters last week at the Iowa state fair and didn’t rule any subject out of bounds, even though she’s not running for anything right now either. Very strange.

CNN, as you might expect, is milking it for all it’s worth.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

She was “relevant” in 2010. Welcome to 2011.

Apologetic California on August 17, 2011 at 8:03 PM

at least more folks will watch the video HERE versus the 176 folks who still watch CNN for “NEWS?”

SDarchitect on August 17, 2011 at 8:03 PM

Christine and I need to have a talk about public life.

obleo on August 17, 2011 at 8:03 PM

The only decent interaction I’ve seen with Piers Morgan was that comic’s skewering of him this week on ‘America’s Got Talent.’

The man is a middlebrowed cretin who should be bunged back to Britain in every sense of the word.

Scribbler on August 17, 2011 at 8:04 PM

Wrong. I avoided 2G1C, and I can avoid this too!

Good Solid B-Plus on August 17, 2011 at 8:04 PM

Didn’t watch the video, but it’s a fair bet that she walked off because Pierce Morgan is an ass.

pugwriter on August 17, 2011 at 8:05 PM

I regret sending her money…

ted c on August 17, 2011 at 8:06 PM

Private citizen who ran for office and lost gets interviewed.

So when will Morgan get PBHO in the chair and ask HIM about gay marriage?

Bishop on August 17, 2011 at 8:06 PM

*facepalm*..:)

Dire Straits on August 17, 2011 at 8:07 PM

pugwriter

As someone who didn’t (and won’t) watch it either, I concur!!

Dan Pet on August 17, 2011 at 8:07 PM

Yeah, she didn’t want to sit there and be baited by a liberal, condescending British tool about an issue that is SO important to this country right now. Yep, Gay marriage is keeping the economy from turning around.

You coasties don’t get it. Gay marriage is not that relevant to the bulk of us in fly over land.

carbon_footprint on August 17, 2011 at 8:08 PM

Our little talk would begin with “how to throw a good hayburner”.

obleo on August 17, 2011 at 8:08 PM

So when she left, that means the audience for the show dropped from one to zero?

Jim708 on August 17, 2011 at 8:08 PM

Maybe Don Lemon was in the corner naked?

SouthernGent on August 17, 2011 at 8:08 PM

That guy needs to take a long walk of a short Piers.

Good Solid B-Plus on August 17, 2011 at 8:09 PM

I found it remarkably easy to not inflict this video upon my person.

Jeddite on August 17, 2011 at 8:09 PM

Ahhhhhhhh…the American Circus is alive and well.

Limerick on August 17, 2011 at 8:09 PM

Why are you wasting my time?

PaCadle on August 17, 2011 at 8:10 PM

Any guesses as to what the next question was after the Gay Marriage one??..:)

PS..I will give you three but the first two don’t count..:)

Dire Straits on August 17, 2011 at 8:10 PM

First of all all these talk show hosts are Liberals. they aren’t objective or interested in dehbating conservative ideas, they think they are right..so if they invite a conservative on it’s not to discuss their conservative policies or ideals, it’s to slam them or deride them for not having Liberal ideas or viewpoints. Conservaitves aren’t going to get a fair shake so they should not expect one when they agree to go on a show with a Leftist.

CCRWM on August 17, 2011 at 8:11 PM

Gee.. getting tough questions is part of running for things. Can we please admit that she and that nutty lady in Nevada and the nut in Colorado were a mistake and probably cost us three Senate seats? Her job is basically running for office and living off the campaign funds and all her contributors just paid her bills for another few years until the next election. So congrats for that.

Illinidiva on August 17, 2011 at 8:11 PM

Witness the last best hope of Tea Party Conservatism in action.

KingGold on August 17, 2011 at 8:11 PM

Tabloid editor interviews defeated candidate. Now what smart handler set this one up?

Limerick on August 17, 2011 at 8:12 PM

Witness the last best hope of Tea Party Conservatism in action.

KingGold on August 17, 2011 at 8:11 PM

Piers Morgan is a Tea Party Conservative? He hides it well.

Good Solid B-Plus on August 17, 2011 at 8:12 PM

There needs to be more of this… “F” the LSM…

Khun Joe on August 17, 2011 at 8:13 PM

I’m sorry, some limey has a talk show on CNN?
When did that happen?

Kini on August 17, 2011 at 8:14 PM

She was “relevant” in 2010. Welcome to 2011.

Apologetic California on August 17, 2011 at 8:03 PM

She wasn’t even relevant then. I never understood how so many got taken in with her. She had absolutely nothing beneficial to offer, and came with some heavy baggage. Then she simply became a spotlight-seeking nut.

I regret sending her money…

ted c on August 17, 2011 at 8:06 PM

heh, I know I’ve been, shall we say, wrong about some of my candidate choices…but I did get O’Donnell right from the get-go.

JetBoy on August 17, 2011 at 8:14 PM

You know, looking back on it, I remember there were a lot of people here… a lot of people… who argued that she was not only going to be the next Senator from Delaware, but that she should be a model for what the Tea Party can do.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the next Senator from the Great State of Delaware.

JohnGalt23 on August 17, 2011 at 8:15 PM

She may not be a witch, but…

Tom_Shipley on August 17, 2011 at 8:15 PM

Good Solid B-Plus on August 17, 2011 at 8:12 PM

Now, you’re not really going to disavow the Hero of Wilmington as a Tea Party conservative, are you?

She checked all the issue boxes and pounded the table at Obama and RINOs; that’s all the qualifications there are, right?

KingGold on August 17, 2011 at 8:16 PM

Piers is a pompous, arrogant idiot. No wonder he loves Obama so much. Like minds and all. How does one go from being a judge on Britains Got Talent. *cough* To a prime time spot on CNN, as a *cough* serious interviewer? C’mon.

Is he even a citizen? What the hell do I care of his politics, in THIS country?

At the same time, Christine, this isn’t good to do this. Unless it was off limits, you chose the spot light, and a public life. If you agree to interviews with the MSM’s knowing their bias, and penchant for this against conservatives….you must stand strong. Walking off in a huff didn’t do you any favors. Stand strong woman!!!

capejasmine on August 17, 2011 at 8:16 PM

Maybe Piers Morgan really IS an ass, but the conventions of shows like these should have tipped Ms O’Donnell off just a little. I suspect she didn’t want to talk about gay marriage because it would have ended up being ALL he would ask her about. That issue brings the nuts out of the woodwork, challenging the notion that a word which meant a particular type of union — between a man and a woman — for THOUSANDS of years, would still mean precisely that to some people, without any sense of malice or “hate” towards those who would re-craft it to mean anything they want. It was a can of worms she wanted to avoid. Someone should have told her that the public stage doesn’t give her that luxury.

manwithblackhat on August 17, 2011 at 8:16 PM

I know that there are a lot of lovers of the gay lifestyle on this website…but just because you don’t want this unnatural, sickening behavior forced on our children in the public schools and the hollywood media, doesn’t mean I’m homophobic…what makes me homophobic is the idea that when one of these kooks looks at me they may be thinking about putting something of theirs where it doesn’t belong!

rich8450 on August 17, 2011 at 8:16 PM

She may not be a witch, but…

Tom_Shipley on August 17, 2011 at 8:15 PM

That was going to be the next question.. :)

Dire Straits on August 17, 2011 at 8:17 PM

She was “relevant” in 2010. Welcome to 2011.

Apologetic California on August 17, 2011 at 8:03 PM

That’s being charitable.

Good Lt on August 17, 2011 at 8:18 PM

Christine who?

ButterflyDragon on August 17, 2011 at 8:18 PM

How does this rate as a palate cleanser?

Stop trolling.

disa on August 17, 2011 at 8:18 PM

To all the “Tokyo Rove!” people on HotAir and everyone who slimed those against her as an evil RINO… still like your gal? Still think she’s electable?

(And no, that’s not a Mike-Castle-for-Senate comment, it’s a we-need-quality-control-no-matter-how-”conservative” argument.)

Pasalubong on August 17, 2011 at 8:19 PM

Piers has about the best faux indignation as anyone…after being rude, when called out on it it becomes “Who me, what have I done, me, poor me?”…great act and he pulls that often.

right2bright on August 17, 2011 at 8:20 PM

Piers Morgan really IS an ass

Yes, he is.

tinkerthinker on August 17, 2011 at 8:20 PM

And Christine, shame on you for going on this idiot’s show and expecting to be treated well.
Then again, you went on Mahr’s show, how many times?

carbon_footprint on August 17, 2011 at 8:20 PM

She may not be a witch, but…

Tom_Shipley on August 17, 2011 at 8:15 PM

Kinda like you, huh!

capejasmine on August 17, 2011 at 8:20 PM

Piers Morgan looks like a tool, Christine O’Donnell just looks weird as hell. Kind of glad she didn’t win now.

I think that’s the most awkward TV exchange I’ve ever seen.

John_Locke on August 17, 2011 at 8:21 PM

I never understood how so many got taken in with her.

JetBoy on August 17, 2011 at 8:14 PM

I absolutely did. A lot of self-proclaimed small-government conservatives were being nothing more than reactionaries against an alleged liberal Republican establishment.

She wasn’t the RINO in the race. Ergo, she deserved the nomination despite a history of lies and theft. Same deal with Angle, almost the same with Buck.

KingGold on August 17, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Christine was a fool for walking off the show like that. Now people that hate her will have even more ammunition.

SoulGlo on August 17, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Why she would ever go on CNN after the “debate” they hosted for the DE senate race is beyond me. What did she expect?

Fezzik on August 17, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Pasalubong on August 17, 2011 at 8:19 PM

Rove is currently busy sliming Perry. Still want him on our team because he’d never waste his time smearing a “good” candidate?

Good Solid B-Plus on August 17, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Heat, kitchen, and all that.

Count to 10 on August 17, 2011 at 8:22 PM

JetBoy on August 17, 2011 at 8:14 PM

That I will agree too…however, she is still better than who she lost to.
It wasn’t a matter of best and better, but worse or worser…

right2bright on August 17, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Who cares, neither one are relevant…

idesign on August 17, 2011 at 8:24 PM

Christine is a flake who screwed up a campaign that would have been a cakewalk for the notorious Casey Anthony.
She’s hawking a book to cash up her 15 minutes of fame to 20, and she won’t answer a question that any grown up would answer without breaking a lash … go away witchy-tician!

kregg on August 17, 2011 at 8:24 PM

Good Solid B-Plus on August 17, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Perry’s a big boy. If he can’t take criticism from within his own party during a presidential primary, he’s got no business running at all.

KingGold on August 17, 2011 at 8:25 PM

Piers Morgan was trying to define her by asking her about issues that were not the focus of her book. It is a journalistic technique to create the misimpression that she was all about gay marriage and a variety of other trivial and unimportant issues. She clearly stated the answer to his question was in her book. A better way to handle him would have been to follow up that explanation with “Let me channel Nancy Pelosi and say the you are going to have to buy the book to find out what’s in it.” Then she could have returned to the subject of the Tea Party.

scrubjay on August 17, 2011 at 8:25 PM

Oh my.

And that Piers guy sure looks different from when he was in the James Bond movies.

SlaveDog on August 17, 2011 at 8:25 PM

Didn’t she walk out of an interview during the campaign? She seems to be proned to that sort of thing.

mizflame98 on August 17, 2011 at 8:25 PM

Yeah…that needs to stop. It’s not going to help in 2012.

Good Lt on August 17, 2011 at 8:25 PM

rich8450 on August 17, 2011 at 8:16 PM

Don’t flatter yourself.

SnarkVader on August 17, 2011 at 8:26 PM

That I will agree too…however, she is still better than who she lost to.
It wasn’t a matter of best and better, but worse or worser…

right2bright on August 17, 2011 at 8:22 PM

OK, granted sometimes we don’t get the perfect candidate…but Castle would have been superior to letting the Democrats take the seat.

JetBoy on August 17, 2011 at 8:26 PM

For those who didn’t watch, she was nice, he was polite. He kept asking a question she wasn’t going to answer. She gave up and signed off. He smiled and called her book title appropriate. I don’t see the issue.

flicker on August 17, 2011 at 8:27 PM

rich8450 on August 17, 2011 at 8:16 PM

Well, it’s getting pretty close, that’s fer sure…

Apparently something thinks quite highly of themselves…

JohnGalt23 on August 17, 2011 at 8:27 PM

mizflame98 on August 17, 2011 at 8:25 PM

Was this before or after she accused a conservative talker of being on the take from Castle?

KingGold on August 17, 2011 at 8:27 PM

I watched it. It seemed like O’Donnell had agreed to come on the show to talk about a very specific couple of topics, and Morgan strayed off onto gay marriage. But I have no idea how cable news guest bookings work, so who knows.

Either way, I don’t get why this is going to go viral. O’Donnell is hardly a relevant player at the national level right now. Why would America at large care that she walked off a talk show?

BadgerHawk on August 17, 2011 at 8:27 PM

KingGold on August 17, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Yep.

JetBoy on August 17, 2011 at 8:28 PM

Oh my.

SlaveDog on August 17, 2011 at 8:25 PM

Hmmm.

Good Lt on August 17, 2011 at 8:28 PM

She should have asked Piers about the method he used to hack phones when he was with the Mirror…

d1carter on August 17, 2011 at 8:28 PM

JetBoy on August 17, 2011 at 8:26 PM

Why? It doesn’t give us the majority, and it just gives us another Snowe-type to harangue more conservative Senators.

Good Solid B-Plus on August 17, 2011 at 8:28 PM

Pasalubong on August 17, 2011 at 8:19 PM

Oh dear. There are still people who don’t get it. The Tea Party DID quality control. They got rid of the RINO. They tried to push someone better than both Christine and Castle. But the establishment said no. So they vote Castle out.

So if you have an objection against Christine, who would you have voted for instead of Castle and Christine. This is what you don’t get. Castle was NEVER an option.

Also, no one said Christine was a perfect candidate. Far from it. That’s another point you don’t get. There was no one else. And I think she was right to leave. But she should have left before the show and never went on because that host only wanted to paint her as being about that social issue when she went there to talk about her book on fiscal issues.

MrX on August 17, 2011 at 8:28 PM

I am a complete conservative, but I’m sorry, she’s nuts. We dodged a bullet with that one.

Pilgrimsarbour on August 17, 2011 at 8:30 PM

Good Solid B-Plus on August 17, 2011 at 8:28 PM

Yup. Reactionary indeed.

You didn’t know at the time she was running that we wouldn’t get the majority. In fact, there were no small number among you that said it might be better off if we didn’t, because those evil establishment-types just wanted their chairmanships.

KingGold on August 17, 2011 at 8:31 PM

KingGold on August 17, 2011 at 8:25 PM

That’s a nice way of putting it. So you think Rove will be on board if Perry takes the primary?

I think he’ll still be taking potshots, dreaming of that Jeb Bush 2016 candidacy.

Good Solid B-Plus on August 17, 2011 at 8:31 PM

Yup. Reactionary indeed.

KingGold on August 17, 2011 at 8:31 PM

I knew we wouldn’t win the majority.

Looks like I was right.

Good Solid B-Plus on August 17, 2011 at 8:32 PM

Why does anyone care about O’Donnell or Piers Morgan? Neither is relevant to any topic IMO.

BierManVA on August 17, 2011 at 8:33 PM

She should just say, “Tell your boyfriend I don’t care.”

bour3 on August 17, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Hmmm.

Good Lt on August 17, 2011 at 8:28 PM

Come on, everyone knows that Piers guy doesn’t look a thing like Roger Moore.

SlaveDog on August 17, 2011 at 8:33 PM

And to think…

…we could have had that representing the Tea Party in the Senate.

What a loss.

MadisonConservative on August 17, 2011 at 8:34 PM

Pilgrimsarbour on August 17, 2011 at 8:30 PM

This isn’t meant as criticism of you, but just how did we “dodge a bullet?” Not only didn’t she win the seat, she lost in a landslide and was fodder for campaign ads against our other Senate candidates; I’m reliably informed that she was a major factor in nearly costing us Pat Toomey.

Dodging a bullet would have been if she’d been smart enough not to run in the first place, or if the usual suspects among us hadn’t been shortsighted enough to boost her.

KingGold on August 17, 2011 at 8:34 PM

So who believes Christine O’Donnell actually wrote a book?

SlaveDog on August 17, 2011 at 8:35 PM

Good Solid B-Plus on August 17, 2011 at 8:28 PM

What’s better, a GOPer that votes our way most of the time…heck, let’s say even only half the time…or a Democrat who almost never does…?

It’s the same as when, during the ’08 election, so many were bashing on McCain. Basically saying Obama would be better than McCain because he would screw up and pave the way for a “real conservative” to get elected in ’12.

Well, those people got their wish with the ruining of America, but as it is now, who the heck is the real conservative in the race right now?

JetBoy on August 17, 2011 at 8:35 PM

rich8450 on August 17, 2011 at 8:16 PM

Amazing how none of that was being discussed, but you brought it up nonetheless. How… queer.

Jeddite on August 17, 2011 at 8:36 PM

but Castle would have been superior to letting the Democrats take the seat.

JetBoy on August 17, 2011 at 8:26 PM

That we will never know…but at the time I think Castle was not much better just less worser…
But….she was stupid for going on the show, selling a book was more important than her dignity.

right2bright on August 17, 2011 at 8:36 PM

She’s been all over the radio flogging her book. She’s still whining about the injustice and unfairness of it all. Go. A. Way.

SukieTawdry on August 17, 2011 at 8:37 PM

…such is the viral potential of this video that you’re going to end up watching it somewhere.

No I won’t.

SukieTawdry on August 17, 2011 at 8:38 PM

She IS trying to sell her book, ANY publicity is good, right?

dthorny on August 17, 2011 at 8:39 PM

Good for Christine. I’m going to send her PAC more money.

Thanks for the tip, Pundon’t. Your snarkiness pays off for someone other than yourself.

long_cat on August 17, 2011 at 8:39 PM

JetBoy on August 17, 2011 at 8:35 PM

How much has Scott Brown helped us, again?

I’ll take him if he’s #51. Otherwise, he’s not doing us very many favors.

Good Solid B-Plus on August 17, 2011 at 8:40 PM

Come on, everyone knows that Piers guy doesn’t look a thing like Roger Moore.

SlaveDog on August 17, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Have you ever noticed that there are no photos of Muhamar Khaddafi and Michael Jackson in the same picture? Hmmm.

flicker on August 17, 2011 at 8:40 PM

MrX on August 17, 2011 at 8:28 PM

Well, if Christine is the Tea Party on quality control, I’d hate to see them off. They made an utter nut and flake their anti-RINO poster girl, and hurt the movement in the long run by hitching their wagon to her.

What would I have done? It was a no-win situation. CO’D was never going to win, so the choice was between hard-left Dem Coons and Dem (er, “Republican”) Castle. Crap sandwich and crap sandwich with sprinkles. What the Tea Party should have done was written that one off and go searching for a good, quality candidate. You can’t tell me there’s no solid Republican in Deleware. Again, by hitching their wagon to her just because she was right of Castle, they told the country they were just fine with loons and flakes– and they’ll be paying for that PR for a long time to come.

Pasalubong on August 17, 2011 at 8:40 PM

Thanks for giving us this lunatic, true cons. Can’t tell you how much I appreciate it.

Vyce on August 17, 2011 at 8:40 PM

…selling a book was more important than her dignity.

Comes as no surprise to me. Even if Castle is considered “less worser”, would it not have been better than “more worser”? I think these days, we’re all kind of looking for the perfect candidate. Another Ronald Reagan to come riding in on a white horse to save the day and return America to greatness.

Unfortunately, there was only one Reagan. And none of our potentials come close to him. So we’re gonna have to support what we have. It’s better, or less worser, than the alternative.

JetBoy on August 17, 2011 at 8:41 PM

Did she ask Piers if he’s a teabagger?

Every Conservative being interviewed by a liberal should ask.

Speakup on August 17, 2011 at 8:41 PM

rich8450 on August 17, 2011 at 8:16 PM

Are you sure you didn’t write that to, ahem, get a rise out of someone?
Are you the kind that pick up gay magazines, and as you “glance” through the magazine you can’t believe how perverted, how disgusting, each of those photos you linger on are? When you go home, you think about that disgusting magazine, and how it corrupts the world, how those men touching each other, kissing, fondling, keeps you awake, because you are so “upset”…you are so upset you get tense, so tense that you have to seek out a way to release that hatred, you might even drive around looking for that “release”…ahhhh yes, I can just imagine how disgusted you are the next morning…but it won’t ever happen again….

right2bright on August 17, 2011 at 8:42 PM

She’s an airhead.

therightwinger on August 17, 2011 at 8:43 PM

How much has Scott Brown helped us, again?

I’ll take him if he’s #51. Otherwise, he’s not doing us very many favors.

Good Solid B-Plus on August 17, 2011 at 8:40 PM

I never claimed to be a fan of his either. But still, a GOPer grabbing that seat was historic, for sure. Not everyone is going to be the biggest help…he’s still better than a liberal Dem.

And if I recall correctly, it was the vocal “real conservatives” around here that were Brown’s biggest cheer squad during that election.

JetBoy on August 17, 2011 at 8:44 PM

KingGold on August 17, 2011 at 8:34 PM

Thank you, KingGold. CO’D was (still is) a net loss for the Conservative and Tea Party movement. Again, quality control is important, and I don’t get all the people who excuse everything her kookiness and flakiness cost us simply because she’s “right of center”. I don’t know why the Tea Party (or anybody on the right) is still giving her speaking invites. Enough!

Pasalubong on August 17, 2011 at 8:44 PM

Good for Christine. I’m going to send her PAC more money.

long_cat on August 17, 2011 at 8:39 PM

She’s always in the market for a pretty new dress.

KingGold on August 17, 2011 at 8:45 PM

Pilgrimsarbour on August 17, 2011 at 8:30 PM

Huh? You mean thank goodness Delaware went for the out-and-out Commie instead of O’Donnell? Do you also think we dodged a bullet when the country elected Obama instead of McCain?

Aitch748 on August 17, 2011 at 8:47 PM

Good heavens she’s a train wreck.

TexasDan on August 17, 2011 at 8:48 PM

…I don’t get all the people who excuse everything her kookiness and flakiness cost us simply because she’s “right of center”. I don’t know why the Tea Party (or anybody on the right) is still giving her speaking invites. Enough!

Pasalubong on August 17, 2011 at 8:44 PM

Christine needs to be in the right place at the right time.

And that’s the kitchen in front of a stove at dinnertime.

*runs and hides!*

JetBoy on August 17, 2011 at 8:48 PM

As a side note…do people really watch Piers Morgan? Every time I’ve watched he’s been horrible, and creepily hits on the women he has on…He even hit on that transvestite Kathy Griffin.

therightwinger on August 17, 2011 at 8:48 PM

JetBoy on August 17, 2011 at 8:48 PM

I see what you did there, JetBoy. :)

Pasalubong on August 17, 2011 at 8:49 PM