Palin at the fair: I’m surprised Perry’s running after saying he wasn’t

posted at 4:45 pm on August 12, 2011 by Allahpundit

Scott Conroy describes this as Palin having “dinged” him, but it’s so gentle a jab that it barely connects. In fact, given that it invites an obvious retort about her changing her mind on finishing her term, I doubt she meant it as a knock — even if his entry (and Bachmann’s) has obviously complicated her strategy of being the tea-party savior who smites Romney. How bitter can she be if she went on to say of Perry, “I would be extremely enthused about him” if he’s the nominee?

“I was quite sure that he wasn’t going to run, because he was adamant until about four months ago that he wasn’t going to run,” she said. But she was quick to add that Perry’s change of heart was fine. “I was surprised that he had changed his position on that, but I’m glad that he’s going to be in there.”

A reporter asked whether, if Obama had committed that sort of flip-flop, she would be more critical, she laughed. “I probably would, to tell you the truth,” she said…

Even with Perry in the race, she said, “I see room in the field. Definitely.”

“If at the end of the line he’s the one left standing, I would be extremely enthused about him because I’m a believer in ABO – anybody but Obama. So, absolutely. But there’s still a long time in this process,” Palin said, adding that Perry’s entry doesn’t affect her decision making.

She noted in the course of another answer that the governor’s role in Alaska is powerful whereas the governor’s role in Texas isn’t (true), which the press also tried to turn into an attack on Perry. She got exasperated at that, emphasizing that she was describing the positions in the abstract, not the inhabitants of them. Weigel has the full quote. Needless to say, if she jumps in, the barest hint of conflict between grassroots heroes like her, Perry, and Bachmann — replete with rhetorical bloodletting among their respective tea-party bases — will produce a full-body mediagasm. No surprise then that she also got a question today about supposed tensions between her and Bachmann, which she deflected.

To my surprise, there’s not much video floating around of her appearance. This clip, via C4P, is the best of a small bunch; she addresses Bachmann’s answer to the “submission” question last night at the end. The chairman of the Iowa GOP nudged her yesterday about making face time with the locals if she really intends to run, so consider this an early step in that process. (She told reporters today she’ll make a decision in another month or two so that her supporters don’t feel strung along.) Oh, and she was also asked whether she could support Romney if he’s the nominee. Answer: Yep. “I’m of the mind of ABO — Anybody But Obama, at this time.” Maybe tea partiers won’t be staying home after all.

Update: Just found a better clip at CNN than the one I originally posted. The “submission” answer is here too, as well as her comments about Bachmann.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 7 8 9 10

MadisonConservative on August 13, 2011 at 12:20 PM

hawkdriver on August 13, 2011 at 12:26 PM

That is some interesting history you found from 2007, and more recently.

Even more recently, like a few weeks ago, this csdeven thing informed me I have earned comparisons between myself and Al Queda murdering scumbags, due to my comments here on Hot Air.

I have brought this up several times, and still to this day get no backtrack, no apology, not even a simple recognition that such a thing is beyond the line of decency between good Americans who are supposed to be on the same side.

I just thought that little tidbit would be further evidence in your ongoing indictment.

I am equivalent to the mass murdering enemies of America because of how I choose to express my political opinions, even after two weeks of the entire Democrat Media Complex doing the exact same thing to the Tea Party this he/she/it claims to support, I get nothing in the way of a retraction of any sort, only doubling down on the insanity.

Oh, and because I think this may be important, I am also obsessed. Go figure.

Brian1972 on August 13, 2011 at 12:36 PM

Hey Opinionator, It’s been a while. How’s Idaho?

bigmike on August 13, 2011 at 12:37 PM

You know Palin was a success when you had CNN anchors including Wolf Blitzer have nothing but praise for her. Job well done.

unseen on August 13, 2011 at 12:37 PM

Son or SIL, Father in law, whatever. cd said that she was a mother, but now he’s a father of two sons and one is has a father who is a 160th pilot or he’s a SIL, dang I don’t know. I can’t keep it all straight.

I will tell you what though. God bless you man if you really are (a man) and have sons that fought and bleed for this country. If that is something else that you’re making up for casual debate here, it would be sad.

But oncce someone catches you in a story like MadCon did here today, why should anyone take anything you say seriously?

hawkdriver on August 13, 2011 at 12:37 PM

I don’t know why you all let CDs highjack threads into stupidity

unseen on August 13, 2011 at 12:38 PM

It is so funny to see unseen, portlandon, katallysmic, et. al claiming csdeven an obsessed Palin lunatic. Obsession is on both sides of the aisle here.

jdoubleu on August 13, 2011 at 12:02 PM

BS. They are supporting their candidate and mine. Many people who come to HotAir are not posters and they provide information to them about their candidate. Supporters of other candidates do the same thing and I for one thank them. They have no obsession. csdeven on the other hand…….

derft on August 13, 2011 at 12:38 PM

Frankly, I am thoroughly enjoying the merry media dance that Palin has orchestrated. She is playing those snobbish idiots like a Stradivarius. I don’t care if she declares now, next Tuesday, October 17th, or never — I am and will remain a fan.

That being said, I have come to the conclusion it is immaterial to me whether she runs or not. I will drag myself over hot, flaming, gasoline-coated glass shards coated in cyanide to get myself to the polls Nov. 6th, 2012 and vote for the GOP candidate, no matter who it is. My focus will be on giving the Senate races the tea party treatment.

She is a Wildcard — and in 2012, Wildcards will be the winning hand.

Mutnodjmet on August 13, 2011 at 12:38 PM

Brian1972 on August 13, 2011 at 12:36 PM

But, you made sher list. Quite the feather in your cap.

hawkdriver on August 13, 2011 at 12:39 PM

Anyone know where the bus is going to next? I heard maybe reagan’s hometown or lincoln’s

unseen on August 13, 2011 at 12:39 PM

hawkdriver on August 13, 2011 at 12:37 PM

Watch it now, hawk, or you will have earned a comparison to Dr. Ayaman Al Zawahiri if you disagree a little too strenuously for he/she/it’s taste at the moment. :)

Brian1972 on August 13, 2011 at 12:39 PM

Drudge has headline up on rightr side

Palin steals show

linked a the hill article

unseen on August 13, 2011 at 12:40 PM

*chuckles*
Another night at the “I love Palin as the only hope for America” trough. Questioning other’s patriotism, child’s service status, and the usual bufoonery well into the evening.

Good Lord – what a depressing life some lead….

Bradky on August 13, 2011 at 12:41 PM

hawkdriver on August 13, 2011 at 12:21 PM

I guess you’ll go look it up if you’re really that interested.

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 12:41 PM

bigmike on August 13, 2011 at 12:37 PM

Hey there big guy :) I love it here – 20 years now – but the economy is truly awful. Need to go look for income now. .

Hope all is well in your world!

Opinionator on August 13, 2011 at 12:42 PM

Palin steals show at Iowa State Fair
By Cameron Joseph – 08/12/11 04:29 PM ET

DES MOINES, Iowa — Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin hasn’t announced her 2012 plans, but she stole the show at the Iowa State Fair on Friday.

Palin and her husband, Todd, had a private lunch with supporters — including longtime Iowa fundraiser Becky Beach — on the fairgrounds, then walked over to admire the life-size “butter cow” sculpture, stopping along the way to take photos with fair-goers. While many presidential candidates had already appeared on the fairgrounds Friday, she was the only one who drew such a thick throng of onlookers and supporters, along with a clutch of media coverage

unseen on August 13, 2011 at 12:42 PM

Care to repost the comment of mine you are referring to? If not, I’ll just assume you’re the standard Palin hater talking out of your ass.

Kataklysmic on August 13, 2011 at 12:25 PM

That was unfair, although you used to obsess on me, I shamed you out of it a week or so ago.

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 12:43 PM

Mutnodjmet on August 13, 2011 at 12:38 PM

Amen. And in the mean time, I refuse to verbally savage our own candidates like others do here. I fully admit I was one of the biggest Ron Paul detractors posting here a while back and it was wrong. For all my problem with the guy, anyone, ANYONE, would be better than the current baffoon in the Oval Office.

I’ll tell you what though, look around these very threads today and you will see any number of people posting they will vote for Obama over a religious Conservative.

hawkdriver on August 13, 2011 at 12:45 PM

But, you made sher list. Quite the feather in your cap.

hawkdriver on August 13, 2011 at 12:39 PM

Heh.

When I responded to this, I told he/she/it that if we were sitting in the same room and he/she/it said that to my face, I would be severely tempted to slap the taste out of he/she/it’s mouth.

Then of course, out come the victim card and I’m threatening he/she/it with violence.

I wasn’t threatening, just being bluntly honest to illustrate how over the line all of it was.

Didn’t even make a dent.

There is something very strange about he/she/it, and I’ve given up trying to reason with he/she/it after that episode.

Brian1972 on August 13, 2011 at 12:45 PM

hawkdriver on August 13, 2011 at 12:21 PM

I guess you’ll go look it up if you’re really that interested.

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 12:41 PM

lol, you really don’t remember.

hawkdriver on August 13, 2011 at 12:45 PM

Sorry guys, but it’s time that she stopped her non-stop ego tripping around the countryside and made up her mind one way or another – The stakes for the country are just too damn high right now for someone to be out there playing these high school drama queen hijinks.

JFS61 on August 13, 2011 at 12:46 PM

csdeven: LOOK AT ME!! LOOK AT ME!! LOOK AT ME!! LOOK AT ME!! LOOK AT ME!! LOOK AT ME!! LOOK AT ME!! LOOK AT ME!!

everyone else: STFU

csdeven: why is everyone looking at me?

miConsevative on August 13, 2011 at 12:18 PM

No, the reality is that I am asking you WHY you are obsessing on me. If you would cease obsessing, I wouldn’t be able to ask you to cease obsessing. It’s cause and effect dude.

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 12:46 PM

Brian1972 on August 13, 2011 at 12:45 PM

Giving any visual that you’re inclined to hurt a fellow commenter isn’t a good thing my friend. And you’re better than that. And you know that.

hawkdriver on August 13, 2011 at 12:47 PM

Good Lord –what a depressing life some lead….

Bradky on August 13, 2011 at 12:41 PM

Tell me about it. You should see some of these idiots who occasionally pop into a thread act like they are so above the fray while simultaneously lowering themselves to the behavior they are complaining about. It’s a real knee slapper.

Kataklysmic on August 13, 2011 at 12:48 PM

lol, you would love to have just a little piece of my life.

hawkdriver on August 13, 2011 at 12:49 PM

LOL the liberals are now blaming her for spooking the cattle. Next it will be she caused a stampede…..can’t make this crap up

(Reuters) – Republican Sarah Palin rolled into Iowa’s state fair Friday, stealing the spotlight from the party’s presidential contenders and sparking a new round of speculation about her plans for 2012.

Palin’s visit to the cattle barn at the fair attracted a crush of photographers, reporters, fans and onlookers who swarmed the former Alaska governor, alarming the cows and bringing activity in the barn to a temporary halt

unseen on August 13, 2011 at 12:49 PM

Kataklysmic on August 13, 2011 at 12:48 PM

:-)

hawkdriver on August 13, 2011 at 12:49 PM

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 12:43 PM

Behold, its newest self-aggrandizing meme: “I shamed you out of obsessing on me.” Reserved for people who come out and say “Talking to this idiot ‘csdeven’ is a freaking waste of time and brain cells.”

Aitch748 on August 13, 2011 at 12:50 PM

Brian1972 on August 13, 2011 at 12:45 PM

Again with the violent rhetoric? Why do thoughts of violence pop into your head over words on a computer screen? Do you feel compelled to read comments that you know infuriate you? Don’t you realize that rational people avoid stuff that make them lose control?

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 12:50 PM

JFS61 on August 13, 2011 at 12:46 PM

Silly. There is no reason to jump the gun.

The dates on which people will vote haven’t changed, no one has moved them up. There are still months to go before decisions are cast by voters.

Since she is in a position where she does not need to have an official campaign right now burning up money and resources, why do it at this moment?

The time is rapidly approaching, but to say she must jump in officially right now doesn’t really make any sense.

She has been attacking Obab’s policy errors all along anyway, and it isn’t costing millions of dollars a month to do it. Once a campaign is underway, salaries must be paid, fees and other expenses that don’t have to be paid just yet.

Brian1972 on August 13, 2011 at 12:50 PM

“Talking to this idiot ‘csdeven’ is a freaking waste of time and brain cells.”

Aitch748 on August 13, 2011 at 12:50 PM

Hey, I tried that tactic the first week of their obsession.

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 12:50 PM

hawkdriver on August 13, 2011 at 12:45 PM

I hope you are wrong. Once a nominee has been selected all the guns will turn towards BHO. Anyone who loves the country will vote for the nominee. If they do not, there is no hope.

derft on August 13, 2011 at 12:51 PM

She dismissed suggestions that if she gets into the race she is on a collision course with Bachmann, another conservative woman who is popular with members of the Tea Party movement and attracts heavy media attention.

“That’s so passe to say that just because there may happen to be two women in the race that they would, you know, get in the mud and engage in some catfighting,” said Palin, who was accompanied by her husband Todd.

“That’s ridiculous, it’s even a sexist notion that two women would duke it out. If I’m going to duke it out I’m going to duke it out with guys,” she said.

unseen on August 13, 2011 at 12:52 PM

…constantly refreshing pages in comment threads throughout the day to see who acknowledges your existence is no way to go through life son…

Bradky on August 13, 2011 at 12:53 PM

I hope you are wrong.

derft on August 13, 2011 at 12:51 PM

I wish I was.

hawkdriver on August 13, 2011 at 12:53 PM

Bradky on August 13, 2011 at 12:53 PM

And trolling threads to get digs in on someone you can’t win debate with isn’t either, son.

hawkdriver on August 13, 2011 at 12:54 PM

Hey Op, Things are tough all over, I’m thinking of getting my welding certs up to snuff over the next 2 years and heading back north with a mobile welding set-up.

bigmike on August 13, 2011 at 12:55 PM

lol, you really don’t remember.

hawkdriver on August 13, 2011 at 12:45 PM

What makes you think I care? You have proven that you aren’t interested, so why pretend you do? I know for a fact that if you really cared, you would search it out for yourself rather than to mock me for not taking your bait.

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 12:55 PM

hawkdriver on August 13, 2011 at 12:47 PM

That’s why I said tempted.

It was in the heat of the moment admittedly, but something had to be said.

You’re probably right, but at the moment I wanted to make the point in stark, blunt fashion that this sort of thing isn’t tolerable in any sense.

Still to this day there has been nothing in the way of recognizing this was over the line of decent discussion.

Given the whole thing about Jeri Thompson I just read, I’m not really expecting it to change.

Even when we are here debating the 2016 campaign, these stupid arguments will be defended by he/she/it.

Brian1972 on August 13, 2011 at 12:55 PM

…constantly refreshing pages in comment threads throughout the day to see who acknowledg your existence is no way to go through life son…

Bradky on August 13, 2011 at 12:53 PM

Says the guy who just refreshed a comment page, saw who acknowledged his existence, and responded to him…

Kataklysmic on August 13, 2011 at 12:56 PM

Don’t you realize that rational people avoid stuff that make them lose control?

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 12:50 PM

Rational people don’t say what you said about fellow American conservatives.

It’s just indecent.

Not that you care the slightest about that.

Brian1972 on August 13, 2011 at 12:57 PM

miConsevative on August 13, 2011 at 12:18 PM

It’s called Histrionic Personality disorder, most common in women or Narcissistic Personality disorder most common in men.

There seems to be an issue with authoritative women like their mother.

Little research has been conducted to determine the biological sources, if any, of this disorder. Psychoanalytic theories incriminate authoritarian or distant attitudes by one (mainly mother) or both of the parents of these patients, or love based on expectations from the child that can never be fully me

Projecting onto strong (authoritative) women, say like Governor Sarah Palin or Jeri Thompson. The sight of them a photo, might trigger the behavior?

Dr Evil on August 13, 2011 at 12:59 PM

Brian1972 on August 13, 2011 at 12:55 PM

Yet you repeat it.

You seriously need to take a break.

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 1:01 PM

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 12:55 PM

I don’t really care. I care that people use any story that they think gives credence to their argument.

Just so you know, our contract is at Ft. Campbell right now. I work with people from SOAR. What you claimed about 47s is wrong. You said you were a mother. Now you say you are a father.

It about credence.

hawkdriver on August 13, 2011 at 1:01 PM

Dr Evil on August 13, 2011 at 12:59 PM

I just had a similar thought. There may be some pattern emerging here.

Both are strikingly beautiful ladies, smart, funny and quick witted, not the sort to take any crap from liberals.

Interesting.

Brian1972 on August 13, 2011 at 1:02 PM

Yet you repeat it.

You seriously need to take a break.

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 1:01 PM

You seriously should apologize.

Yet you never, ever will concede you error.

Brian1972 on August 13, 2011 at 1:02 PM

Dr Evil on August 13, 2011 at 12:59 PM

Explain why I praise Thatcher, Bachmann, both Bushs’, and Mother Teresa.

Stick to Palin worship. At least you’ll have company.

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 1:05 PM

Stick to Palin worship hate. At least you’ll have company.

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 1:05 PM

Goes both ways.

Brian1972 on August 13, 2011 at 1:06 PM

Dr Evil on August 13, 2011 at 12:59 PM

Heh. Interesting. I was thinking manic-depressive narcissist but the whole ‘issue with authoritative women’ thing rings somewhat true. Except I have seen it say good things about Bachmann.

miConsevative on August 13, 2011 at 1:10 PM

Can we just try to stop poking it … maybe it will behave. I noticed it being calm and rational a couple of nights ago when there was no audience.

gh on August 13, 2011 at 1:13 PM

It about credence.

hawkdriver on August 13, 2011 at 1:01 PM

It is. I know him and don’t know you. He is a decorated member of the SF community. I’ll take his experiences over your claims.

And just so you know, my gender is clear to anyone who has been around here for any length of time that doesn’t have an axe to grind. I am simply choosing not to confirm or deny it to you loons. You are so biased because I refuse to bow to your beliefs, that you can’t recognize an unguarded comment when it is written.

Why don’t you ask some of these loons that have been collecting my comments for years to quote you the comments when I confirmed my gender?

Wait a dang minute….WHY in goodness name are you people obsessed with my gender again?

lol

Really peeps, get a life! hahahaha

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 1:16 PM

gh on August 13, 2011 at 1:13 PM

^THIS.

No crap. Just stop obsessing on me and I wont criticize anyone for obsessing on me. Stick to the thread topic.

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 1:17 PM

I’ll take that as a promise then.

gh on August 13, 2011 at 1:19 PM

gh on August 13, 2011 at 1:19 PM

Don’t count on it.

He/she/it has no honor.

Brian1972 on August 13, 2011 at 1:23 PM

Brian1972 on August 13, 2011 at 1:23 PM

I’m not going to address this issue any more. Some people just have to get the last word in, so if you’re one of those go ahead. I will not reply to anyone else on this.

gh on August 13, 2011 at 1:25 PM

By Scott Conroy, Real Clear Politics

Though she said that she has not yet made up her mind about whether to launch a presidential run, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin on Friday demonstrated that she has done some serious thinking about her potential strategy, should she launch a campaign in the coming weeks.

Palin answered questions from reporters for over an hour as she strolled through the state fair here alongside her husband, Todd, and prominent Iowa GOP fundraiser Becky Beach. The 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee was asked several times whether the decision by Texas Gov. Rick Perry to enter the race meant that the window to throw her hat into the ring has closed, and she was emphatic that it has not.

Sarah Palin communicated effectively to non-Fox reporters for over an hour, no notes or teleprompter.

Who woulda thought it possible./

Brian1972 on August 13, 2011 at 1:27 PM

gh on August 13, 2011 at 1:25 PM

I’m with you.

I’ve said all that can be said, really.

It won’t do any good, but at least I’ve said my piece.

Brian1972 on August 13, 2011 at 1:28 PM

gh on August 13, 2011 at 1:13 PM

I like poking it. It’s kinda like Palin poking the media, eventually you get them trained to do what you want. This one is tough though because the meds it takes interferes periodically with the poking/training process.

darwin on August 13, 2011 at 1:31 PM

Brian1972 on August 13, 2011 at 1:27 PM

She still goes funny in interviews with Greta. I really don’t think it matters much any more. What was more interesting was that the reporters were treating her with respect. Of course there are plenty of moonbats out there but if a few of the whitehouse press corps start treating her respectfully then the rest will have to and Obama is going to be really careful in the debates … or at least as careful as his narcissism allows.

gh on August 13, 2011 at 1:31 PM

darwin on August 13, 2011 at 1:31 PM

Then you should see your doctor for stronger meds.

gh on August 13, 2011 at 1:32 PM

Then you should see your doctor for stronger meds.

gh on August 13, 2011 at 1:32 PM

No, no, no … for proper training via poking, csdeven must be taken off the meds.

darwin on August 13, 2011 at 1:35 PM

gh on August 13, 2011 at 1:31 PM

There was more respect, but still the main object seemed to be to get her to slam Bachmann, then go get Bachmann to slam her back. That is still the story they want to write, and neither lady will give it to them.

Brian1972 on August 13, 2011 at 1:38 PM

darwin on August 13, 2011 at 1:35 PM

Ok ok. I said I was going to stop so I will do so now.

I wonder if Ed and Allah can supplement “The Green Room” with “The Sandbox” for those who are unable to control themselves …

gh on August 13, 2011 at 1:38 PM

gh on August 13, 2011 at 1:31 PM

This is what happens when you take a stand against the media. Eventually they learn that they’ll be shut out unless they begin to treat Palin with fairness and respect.

They’re beginning to understand that they can have unlimited access to Palin as long as they act as the media instead of an arm of the democrat party.

Don Lemon was literally gushing after his interview with Palin yesterday.

darwin on August 13, 2011 at 1:39 PM

jdoubleu on August 13, 2011 at 12:02 PM

I’d respond substantially to you, but since nobody knows who the hell you are, I don’t see the need.

MadisonConservative on August 13, 2011 at 1:41 PM

I thought Sarah handled the media very deftly at the Fair.

It is obvious she has learned a lot since the beginning of the 2008 campaign, and the media themselves are beginning to realize that also.

Another meme dies…

Brian1972 on August 13, 2011 at 1:42 PM

Don Lemon was literally gushing after his interview with Palin yesterday.

darwin on August 13, 2011 at 1:39 PM

You got a link to some video of that?

Brian1972 on August 13, 2011 at 1:43 PM

Brian1972 on August 13, 2011 at 1:38 PM

Sarah seems to understand the situation and she’s managed to find a way to deal with it. I’m looking forward to some real moonbattery after January 20, 2013 (roughly). We had a conservative premier in Ontario for 10 years* who was hated just as much as Reagan. The public employees unions maintained a billboard in downtown Toronto and updated it every two weeks with more “creative” slander, every time a new issue came up.

* Mike Harris

gh on August 13, 2011 at 1:44 PM

Rational people don’t say what you said about fellow American conservatives.

It’s just indecent.

Not that you care the slightest about that.

Brian1972 on August 13, 2011 at 12:57 PM

Let me preface this by saying that nitwits will undoubtedly claim I have no place to talk about decency because I *gasp* use profanity. Just want to address that.

csdeven spits on decency. Their level of hatred for others cannot stay within any boundaries. Push them far enough, and they’ll be personally attacking your family, when they’re not hiding behind their supposed military family.

MadisonConservative on August 13, 2011 at 1:44 PM

Don Lemon was literally gushing after his interview with Palin yesterday.

darwin on August 13, 2011 at 1:39 PM

Unfortunately, I watched a Don Lemon video last week so I know who you’re talking about … I need to remember his name just so I can filter the bile.

gh on August 13, 2011 at 1:45 PM

You got a link to some video of that?

Brian1972 on August 13, 2011 at 1:43 PM

Someone posted a link here yesterday, where it is I don’t know.

darwin on August 13, 2011 at 1:46 PM

Another meme dies…

Brian1972 on August 13, 2011 at 1:42 PM

Doubt it. Bill Maher for one is quite capable of keeping up the a$$hattery.

gh on August 13, 2011 at 1:46 PM

WHY in goodness name are you people obsessed with my gender again?

lol

Really peeps, get a life! hahahaha

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 1:16 PM

Well, uh, because you lied about it?

hawkdriver on August 13, 2011 at 1:47 PM

MadisonConservative on August 13, 2011 at 1:44 PM

That stuff about Jeri Thompson’s face was just….weird.

I’ve never seen anything remotely like what he/she/it was talking about.

Jeri is terrific, I’ve always liked her.

Brian1972 on August 13, 2011 at 1:47 PM

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 1:16 PM

Did he tell you that an RPG will bounch off the ramp if it’s closed?

hawkdriver on August 13, 2011 at 1:52 PM

dang bounce..

hawkdriver on August 13, 2011 at 1:55 PM

Did he tell you that an RPG will bounch off the ramp if it’s closed?

hawkdriver on August 13, 2011 at 1:52 PM

Really?

Somehow I don’t think a shaped charge warhead designed to penetrate armored vehicles would have any problem with an aluminum aircraft of any type.

Brian1972 on August 13, 2011 at 1:55 PM

Brian1972 on August 13, 2011 at 1:47 PM

You don’t understand. If csdeven dislikes a conservative candidate, their family are to be attacked. Their supporters are to be attacked. Hell, their supporters families are to be attacked, if he/she/it is is in the right mood. And he/she/it is totally sane.

Bwaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MadisonConservative on August 13, 2011 at 1:57 PM

Bwaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MadisonConservative on August 13, 2011 at 1:57 PM

lol

Brian1972 on August 13, 2011 at 1:58 PM

MadisonConservative on August 13, 2011 at 1:44 PM

I know the reality that you’ve backed another politician that is stringing you along is frustrating, but no one blames you. She was a very viable candidate before she resigned her governorship. It was at that point, MOST people groaned with disappointment and started looking for a different candidate that could beat Obama in 2012 or be ready to take on the dems in 2016. But alas, we are still looking. Perhaps Rubio in 2016. But for now, we’ll probably have to settle for Romney. Unless Parry can continue to gain support.

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 1:58 PM

MadisonConservative on August 13, 2011 at 1:57 PM
Brian1972 on August 13, 2011 at 1:58 PM

Why is this important to you? There are other posters who engage in similar behaviour, if somewhat less extreme. There are several anti-Perry trolls now who post the same things on every relevent thread. None of it seems to be a serious impediment to his candidacy.

gh on August 13, 2011 at 2:04 PM

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 1:58 PM

2016 is too late. Seriously. Obama and Pelosi were smart enough to backend Pelosicare (she did all the dirty work as far as I can tell) to make it almost impossible to remove after 4 more years.

Rubio will make a great president in the 2020s or 30s but he is too young yet and he knows he’s not ready.

gh on August 13, 2011 at 2:07 PM

Really?

Brian1972 on August 13, 2011 at 1:55 PM

Yeah, it came up on a thread about the 47 shoot down. He said they were “particularly vulnerable” because they fly with the ramp down. I said they have to fly with the ramp down because of the ramp gunner. I also said even if it was up, the rocket would still penetrate into the cabin. He felt compelled to argue the point to the bitter end for some reason.

hawkdriver on August 13, 2011 at 2:08 PM

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 1:58 PM

Sorry, I can’t hear you when you’re cowering behind your supposed children.

MadisonConservative on August 13, 2011 at 2:12 PM

gh on August 13, 2011 at 2:04 PM

That’s the point. We’re trying to beat down the Queen of the Trolls.

MadisonConservative on August 13, 2011 at 2:13 PM

He felt compelled to argue the point to the bitter end for some reason.

hawkdriver on August 13, 2011 at 2:08 PM

While being wrong.

What else is new?

lol

Brian1972 on August 13, 2011 at 2:16 PM

dang bounce..

hawkdriver on August 13, 2011 at 1:55 PM

No, I think bounch is a much cooler word. Not sure what it would mean, but it should be a word.

miConsevative on August 13, 2011 at 2:17 PM

hawkdriver on August 13, 2011 at 2:08 PM

In fact, RPG rounds downed the Blackhawks in Somalia, because they blew off the tailrotor, rendering the aircraft uncontrollable.

I believe there was an incident in Iraq when an Apache, which has titanium armor plating in critical areas, was similarly downed by RPG fire at low altitude.

All Helos are vulnerable to ground fire.

Just a fact of life.

Brian1972 on August 13, 2011 at 2:20 PM

That’s the point. We’re trying to beat down the Queen of the Trolls.

MadisonConservative on August 13, 2011 at 2:13 PM

Good luck. I would think after 4 years you’d have given up by now. I admire your persistence.

gh on August 13, 2011 at 2:24 PM

So…can somebody please tell Palin to announce today, and take all the steam out of Perry’s announcement?

MadisonConservative on August 13, 2011 at 2:26 PM

MadisonConservative on August 13, 2011 at 2:26 PM

Sure I’ll do it.

gh on August 13, 2011 at 2:27 PM

MadisonConservative on August 13, 2011 at 2:26 PM

I don’t know, this is the biggest announcement since Romney’s.

It will definitely shake up the race immediately.

He’s due a little steam.

We’ll see how long it lasts, though.

Brian1972 on August 13, 2011 at 2:30 PM

I’ll stick with “she”. Not because of any of her claims–we know those are subject to wholesale fabrication–but due to the highly developed analytical skillset about totally irrelevant details, (which can be true of anyone, but to be practiced to this degree is normally a female trait) and the psychological need to give those analyses relevance after the fact.(definitely a female trait)

IOW, csdeven thinks in the same fashion that she says Sarah talks.

rwenger43 on August 13, 2011 at 2:33 PM

MadisonConservative on August 13, 2011 at 2:26 PM

I’m thinking she’s going to let the initial giddiness wear off, give people a chance to see the TransTexas corridor, Gardisil, eVerify, etc. then when they are feeling, well, if there’s not a TOTAL conservative, I guess I’ll back him…and BOOM. Right now, there are too many overly excited about him because the only thing they know about him is the speech he gave today.

miConsevative on August 13, 2011 at 2:35 PM

rwenger43 on August 13, 2011 at 2:33 PM

Sorry. Above refers to my obsession with csd’s multigendered existence on HA.

rwenger43 on August 13, 2011 at 2:36 PM

IOW, csdeven thinks in the same fashion that she says Sarah talks.

rwenger43 on August 13, 2011 at 2:33 PM

Just like a terrorist./lol

Brian1972 on August 13, 2011 at 2:37 PM

miConsevative on August 13, 2011 at 2:35 PM

I hope that’s the case. I’m more afraid of a cult of personality building up around Perry and working to hurt Palin before she can enter.

MadisonConservative on August 13, 2011 at 2:40 PM

Palin is now in Dixon, IL.

NoNails on August 13, 2011 at 2:46 PM

miConsevative on August 13, 2011 at 2:35 PM

Sarah thinks like a point guard. Right now she is standing on the sidelines watching the other players’ games, and observing the type of leadership needed and how she can get them to use their skills for the good of the team.

She will not risk offending the players she wants on her team, so she won’t upset Perry just yet. So what does that say about her feelings re. Mitt? I’m not sure. Maybe he’s the star post player she just likes to bring down to earth occasionally, or maybe she doesn’t see a role for him yet. She certainly likes him as ABO, but how much these Chief Executive-types can complement each other has yet to be seen.

rwenger43 on August 13, 2011 at 2:49 PM

miConsevative on August 13, 2011 at 2:17 PM

Don’t encourage me. I am the king of typos. :-)

hawkdriver on August 13, 2011 at 2:51 PM

MadisonConservative on August 13, 2011 at 2:40 PM

I thought they were something like buds. Do you really think either one would get in a peeing match with the other?

hawkdriver on August 13, 2011 at 2:53 PM