Palin at the fair: I’m surprised Perry’s running after saying he wasn’t

posted at 4:45 pm on August 12, 2011 by Allahpundit

Scott Conroy describes this as Palin having “dinged” him, but it’s so gentle a jab that it barely connects. In fact, given that it invites an obvious retort about her changing her mind on finishing her term, I doubt she meant it as a knock — even if his entry (and Bachmann’s) has obviously complicated her strategy of being the tea-party savior who smites Romney. How bitter can she be if she went on to say of Perry, “I would be extremely enthused about him” if he’s the nominee?

“I was quite sure that he wasn’t going to run, because he was adamant until about four months ago that he wasn’t going to run,” she said. But she was quick to add that Perry’s change of heart was fine. “I was surprised that he had changed his position on that, but I’m glad that he’s going to be in there.”

A reporter asked whether, if Obama had committed that sort of flip-flop, she would be more critical, she laughed. “I probably would, to tell you the truth,” she said…

Even with Perry in the race, she said, “I see room in the field. Definitely.”

“If at the end of the line he’s the one left standing, I would be extremely enthused about him because I’m a believer in ABO – anybody but Obama. So, absolutely. But there’s still a long time in this process,” Palin said, adding that Perry’s entry doesn’t affect her decision making.

She noted in the course of another answer that the governor’s role in Alaska is powerful whereas the governor’s role in Texas isn’t (true), which the press also tried to turn into an attack on Perry. She got exasperated at that, emphasizing that she was describing the positions in the abstract, not the inhabitants of them. Weigel has the full quote. Needless to say, if she jumps in, the barest hint of conflict between grassroots heroes like her, Perry, and Bachmann — replete with rhetorical bloodletting among their respective tea-party bases — will produce a full-body mediagasm. No surprise then that she also got a question today about supposed tensions between her and Bachmann, which she deflected.

To my surprise, there’s not much video floating around of her appearance. This clip, via C4P, is the best of a small bunch; she addresses Bachmann’s answer to the “submission” question last night at the end. The chairman of the Iowa GOP nudged her yesterday about making face time with the locals if she really intends to run, so consider this an early step in that process. (She told reporters today she’ll make a decision in another month or two so that her supporters don’t feel strung along.) Oh, and she was also asked whether she could support Romney if he’s the nominee. Answer: Yep. “I’m of the mind of ABO — Anybody But Obama, at this time.” Maybe tea partiers won’t be staying home after all.

Update: Just found a better clip at CNN than the one I originally posted. The “submission” answer is here too, as well as her comments about Bachmann.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 6 7 8 9 10

PappyD61 on August 13, 2011 at 9:46 AM

Perhaps because she IS running, like many of us are saying — she just hasn’t formally announced yet…

Those of us who’ve researched her and come to know her don’t think she can or will forego running… America needs her, she feels it – she knows it, but she has responsibilities to her family also…

I want it and I want it now..

OnlyOrange on August 13, 2011 at 9:52 AM

CW on August 13, 2011 at 9:48 AM

All Palin. All the time.
Well almost. hater get a life

unseen on August 13, 2011 at 9:53 AM

Talking to Tapper

NoNails on August 13, 2011 at 9:54 AM

RealClearScott, Scott Conroy
“Todd (Palin) seems to be having a ball. Smiling. “This is the life we’ve chosen.” Says the family has been tested.”

benpolitico Ben Smith
by RealClearScott
“Palin still wandering the fair, being mobbed by fans…if she was coming to test the water…it’s warm.”

RealClearScott Scott Conroy
“Team Palin working IA press more diligently. Iowa Republican’s Craig Robinson appeared to be intving her at private event”

RealClearScott Scott Conroy
Palin: “I do. I see room in the field, yes.”

RealClearScott Scott Conroy
Palin lays out what her potential campaign would look like:

Viator on August 13, 2011 at 9:56 AM

C’mon, Pappy. She’ll run because she knows that she is part of the process of getting our government back on the right path. Yes, she may be concerned about the treatment of her family, but she’s equally concerned about her kids’ and grandkids’ future in a country controlled by a bunch of out-of-touch, self-centered politicians.

Why are you so impatient? Who says she has to conform to an arbitrary schedule. If you don’t want to support her, don’t. If you don’t think she’s capable, don’t vote for her.

Whatever your purpose is for almost demanding that she declare now, it really is of very little consequence.

NoNails on August 13, 2011 at 10:02 AM

Palin ran into John Kerry at the fair.

NoNails on August 13, 2011 at 10:06 AM

True Palin supporters are not worried about when she announces. They already know she’s running and since they trust her judgment to be president they also trust her judgment about when to formally throw her hat in the ring.

JimK on August 13, 2011 at 10:07 AM

unseen on August 13, 2011 at 9:20 AM

I remember that incident. The body language on that stage was very telling. A few months ago when I saw a photo of Perry that recollection was triggered in a flash as I realized that was the guy who stepped in front of Palin abruptly cutting off her access to the microphone while cameras were rolling and reporters were asking her questions. That was in 08. I thought that he was trying to shield her from the frenzy but she wanted to answer the questions. It was really awkward if that is the incident you are talking about.

Geochelone on August 13, 2011 at 10:09 AM

Palin, when seeing Bachmann eating that corn dog.

NoNails on August 13, 2011 at 10:10 AM

Did anyone else catch her continued use of mixed analogies on Hannity?

And for you newbies who are jumping on the attack csdeven bandwagon with the Palin worshiping loons (who I have explained this too a myriad of times), this is and always has been my take on Palin….

I was very skeptical of Palin when she was first mentioned in early 2008. I became converted during the campaigned and supported her fully until July 3 2009. I still support her message, but she damaged herself for at least the next several years when she resigned.

Fast forward to today…..

The aggravating thing about her is that she has the right approach to restoring our country to it’s constitutional roots but cannot communicate that effectively.

I told my wife Thursday after the debate that I wish I could take all the good parts about all the GOP hopefuls and make one super candidate. And Palin would be in there too. But because she is either unwilling or unable to communicate effectively to those that she must have to get elected, I am going to be forced to settle for a less than conservative electable candidate if I want to achieve my goal of denying Obama the opportunity to nominate more progressive supreme court justices.

I am intrigued by the personal attacks and continued obsession on me from the delusional wing of the St Palin the Victimized congregation. This is a miniscule group of loons who in almost every Palin thread, start obsessing on me before I make one single comment. Their goal is to hijack every Palin thread and make it about me because the nature of their personality is to viciously attack others from the safety of their grammy’s basement. The attention is unwanted, unasked for, and seriously creepy. I have had two people fixate sexually, three used violent rhetoric, and dozens demanding I be silenced. When those tactics fail, they accuse me of wanting the attention. I don’t initiate the discussion on me, they do. I prefer to discuss the politicians on this political blog but I will point out their obsession on me as a way to shame them into sticking to the thread topic. Several have learned the value of sticking to the topic and have become more valued members.

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 10:16 AM

I am intrigued by the personal attacks and continued obsessed with myself

FIFY

OnlyOrange on August 13, 2011 at 10:21 AM

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 10:16 AM

Just wondering…how big is that little fiddle…?

tinkerthinker on August 13, 2011 at 10:23 AM

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 10:16 AM

This is one of the scariest posts I’ve ever read. Seek help.

Dongemaharu on August 13, 2011 at 10:25 AM

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 10:16 AM

points- bwhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,bwhaaaaaaa,bwhaaaaaaa, can’t breath bwhaaaaaaaaaaaaa

djohn669 on August 13, 2011 at 10:28 AM

If whoever is moderating today is paying attention, There needs to be a cleanup on this aisle, please.

kingsjester on August 13, 2011 at 10:30 AM

She mixed “putting heads in the sand” (which is hiding from an issue) and “magical thinking” (which is facing the issue without considering reality). This is another problem she has….it is as if she has a set of metaphors she wants to get into an interview and doesn’t concern herself with how they fit in. csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 10:16 AM

Mixing analogies? What you think you mean is mixing metaphors, which would be something like, “I’m trying to get a toehold in the public eye.” She is multiplying analogies moron, and there’s nothing wrong with that.

You have your head in the sand and are engaged in magical thinking.

Akzed on August 13, 2011 at 10:31 AM

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 10:16 AM

I don’t think it matters what you post as a comment. Because you have made it clear that Palin is not your first and foremost choice to run the nation, you will always get the rebuttal posts. Sometimes a few too many but your posts become catnip for those who feel differently.

sherry on August 13, 2011 at 10:33 AM

Actually, she is multiplying metaphors, not mixing them.

Akzed on August 13, 2011 at 10:34 AM

It was really awkward if that is the incident you are talking about.

Geochelone on August 13, 2011 at 10:09 AM

yeap and even with that Palin still came to TX to help Perry. Which is why I never bought into the “they are good friends” BS so she is going to endorse him. Palin understands who politicans are and how games are played and how elections are won. thinking she would endorse someone out of friendship in a POTUS election is naive. there will be chits gained and deals made for something as powerful as a Palin endorsement if she decides to go that ruote. Expecting her to freely give an enodrsement out of supposed “friendship” is nuts to say the least.

unseen on August 13, 2011 at 10:34 AM

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 10:16 AM

You should find another hobby. Because this Palin fixation you have is destroying your upper faculties.

Do you see Palin in reflective objects yet? Do you hear “you Betcha” during times of silence? When you eat cereal in the morning, do you see the cereal pieces form into the state of Alaska?

I am serious when I suggest you seek professional help. Your comments of late have been getting more irrational and unhinged. Do you have a family member you can trust to tell about your Palin fixation? Are you in an area that a mental health clinic?

There is no shame in asking for Help Csdeven. If you have a degenerative condition, seeking help sooner is always better.

portlandon on August 13, 2011 at 10:35 AM

Why do you come here to trash the place and wonder why we grab our guns? See, multiple metaphors, not mixed metaphors.

Akzed on August 13, 2011 at 10:35 AM

For some reason my spell checker is messed up. Every time I misspell a word the spell checker suggests “RomneyCare”.

It only does it in Firefox.

Geochelone on August 13, 2011 at 10:38 AM

Palin wins again. Beats Bachmann and Perry head to head also.

unseen on August 13, 2011 at 10:38 AM

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 10:16 AM

I picture you going through life stark naked wrapped in Saran Wrap. Clearly, we can see your/you’re NUTS!

Obsess away. I’m going to the beach and I can’t hear you.

Naturally Curly on August 13, 2011 at 10:38 AM

She doesn’t seem to have to try very hard. You know, show up, get biggest crowd.

Dongemaharu on August 13, 2011 at 9:07 AM

If that would translate into poll numbers it would be evidence that she was actually communicating effectively to the group she must have to get elected.

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 10:42 AM

I told my wife Thursday …..

csdevil on August 13, 2011 at 10:16 AM

Blow up dolls do not count …… and you know why your dolls mouth has that look of shock on it’s face ?? It’s because even the doll can’t believe the crap that comes outta your mouth …..

Jerome Horwitz on August 13, 2011 at 10:44 AM

I told my wife Thursday …..

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 10:16 AM

OMG. I always assumed csdeven was woman, because his post are so catty & snarky.

Wait, Gay marriage is allowed in some states, so csdeven could still be a she.

Carry on

portlandon on August 13, 2011 at 10:48 AM

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 10:42 AM

You let the media decide for you instead of your own eyes.

tinkerthinker on August 13, 2011 at 10:49 AM

Mixing analogies?

Akzed on August 13, 2011 at 10:31 AM

Yeah dopey. Go look up the definitions of both and you’ll see only a angry fool who can’t respond to substance would try to make a huge deal out of it.

Palin goes on to detail how those analogies compare to the real world situations they are anlalogous to.

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 10:50 AM

We will never get the perfect candidate, one who appeals to all. It doesn’t work that way and we got the perfect Won the last time. Unfortunately, for us, he had been painted over with so many layers of perfect by the msm, the other half of the country bought his ‘story’ and voila, we are where we are.

Kissmygrits on August 13, 2011 at 10:50 AM

Did anyone else catch her continued use of mixed analogies on Hannity?

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 10:16 AM

Putting your head in the sand and magical thinking are substantially similar. Both involve a denial or disregard of reality. It just amuses me you’d go to the trouble of parsing and analyzing what she said in such detail, and then coming to the completely wrong conclusion, that she’s “mixing” two different things.

Paul-Cincy on August 13, 2011 at 10:51 AM

I told my wife…

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 10:16 AM

In the past, you’ve identified yourself as a mother. Interesting.

MadisonConservative on August 13, 2011 at 10:52 AM

Palin shows up at fair and gets swarmed. Takes her 2 hours to go 100 yards. the response was out of this world, she finishes the night with one of her best interviews and the PDSers are so desperate they start talkign about metaphors?

Palin showed withb her appearance she is THE force to be defeated in the primary. the rest are just placeholders until she enters the race. Palin showed to all that were paying attention and make no mistake the PDSErs were paying attention that She is still the frontrunner to beat.

Game on indeed.

unseen on August 13, 2011 at 10:52 AM

portlandon on August 13, 2011 at 10:35 AM

It’s not so much as a Palin fixation as it is just a negative fixation on a candidate. She did the same thing with Fred Thompson years ago, going so far as saying his wife must have had birth defects due to csdeven’s perception of her looks. She is truly bats**t bonkers.

MadisonConservative on August 13, 2011 at 10:54 AM

Obsess away. I’m going to the beach and I can’t hear you.

Naturally Curly on August 13, 2011 at 10:38 AM

Look, claiming you have been shamed into ceasing to obsess on me is not the same as not obsessing on me. The clue will be when you actually stick to the thread topic and make relevant comments.

At any rate, have a nice day at the beach and try to forget about me while you’re there if you can. Believe me, it is fun to focus on your own life instead of a fellow HA member whom you will never meet.

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 10:54 AM

I told my wife…

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 10:16 AM

In the past, you’ve identified yourself as a mother. Interesting.

MadisonConservative on August 13, 2011 at 10:52 AM

Thank God I wasn’t drinking anything when reading this.

Dongemaharu on August 13, 2011 at 10:55 AM

I told my wife…

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 10:16 AM

Some how I think she is glad you are on here all the time talking about Palin.

tinkerthinker on August 13, 2011 at 10:58 AM

In the past, you’ve identified yourself as a mother. Interesting.

MadisonConservative on August 13, 2011 at 10:52 AM

Because giving the nutjobs on blogs information about oneself is counter productive. You obsessives have enough to obsess over me on, you certainly don’t need to be wondering about my gender. OTOH, it is a very useful tool to illustrate to you the depth of your obsession. As if the gender of a fellow HA member has any bearing at all on their opinion except for those looking to obsess on people they will never meet.

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 10:59 AM

Question: Why would McCain pick SP for the Veep role if she didn’t have the same beliefs?

PappyD61 on August 13, 2011 at 9:23 AM

Didn’t you keep up with what was going on? The women put the pressure on him, you know the ones that don’t like Palin. You need to read more:-)

bluefox on August 13, 2011 at 10:59 AM

In the kingdom of csdeven, the ruler is Obsession.

Dongemaharu on August 13, 2011 at 11:02 AM

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 10:59 AM

Actually, it was quite productive when you claimed to be the mother of soldiers, and used that as cover after you would get backed into a corner, usually when you went too far slandering someone’s family.

I’m not sure which consumes you more: mania or deception.

MadisonConservative on August 13, 2011 at 11:03 AM

In the past, you’ve identified yourself as a mother. Interesting.

MadisonConservative on August 13, 2011 at 10:52 AM
————————————————-

csdevil on August 13, 2011 at 10:59 AM

Nice deflection Mittbot, you got caught as a bullsh!tting liar ……. and us “Palinista’s” are supposed to be the cultists around here.

Allrightythen.

Jerome Horwitz on August 13, 2011 at 11:05 AM

MadisonConservative on August 13, 2011 at 10:54 AM

You need to educate yourself on what Bells Palsy is. It certainly is not a birth defect. It is very common and is caused by the swelling of a nerve. It is generally a temporary condition that is characterized by one half of the face appearing to droop. It is more noticeable when the person smiles and one half of the face doesn’t react. The inflammation of the nerve can be caused by mono, shingles, and other less serious viruses such as cold sores.

Learn it. It could save the life of a loved one. Especially since the paralysis of one side of the face could be the onset of a stroke.

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 11:07 AM

Jerome Horwitz on August 13, 2011 at 11:05 AM

A legend in his own mind.

kingsjester on August 13, 2011 at 11:07 AM

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 10:16 AM

Why do you bother to post on the Palin threads? Is it because you think there might be someone show up that hasn’t already figured out that you’re a self-obsessed idiot?

NoNails on August 13, 2011 at 11:08 AM

I’m not sure which consumes you more: mania or deception.

MadisonConservative on August 13, 2011 at 11:03 AM

Whoa….I see…just surprised if this is true…wow that takes the cake…speechless..

tinkerthinker on August 13, 2011 at 11:09 AM

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 11:07 AM

Her left eye wanders to the left while her right eye looks straight ahead, her face is lop sided, the left side of her jaw is waaaay bigger than her right (ala McCain), her lower lip is HUGE and she barely has an upper lip. Look at her hair line. From the top to the left it goes in a nice arch, but from the top to the right it is crookeder than a dogs hind leg. Her skin is mottled. The left side of her face isn’t as defined as the right. When she smiles, the right cheek is more defined. When she is speaking, the left side of her mouth doesn’t move as much. Ya know, she could be suffering from a condition known as bells palsy.

Or, the woman could be a couple of donuts away from being a two bagger. One bag for her head and the other one to puke in.

csdeven on November 21, 2007 at 1:52 AM

You two do realize that attacking me doesn’t help Fred or his ugly wifes campaign to be first lady?

csdeven on November 21, 2007 at 1:55 AM

Yeah, you’re so caring.

MadisonConservative on August 13, 2011 at 11:14 AM

unseen on August 13, 2011 at 10:52 AM

Yet until she gets the support she needs from the indies, a presidential run is a foolish gamble and ultimately a waste of time.

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 11:17 AM

It’s official, folks !!

What a great day …. today is the day csdevil is now considered totally irrelevant, full of crap and is now declared offically looney tunes.

Ba-dee, ba-dee, that’s all folks !!!

Jerome Horwitz on August 13, 2011 at 11:21 AM

Are in direct contradiction to each other. First you say that Palin isn’t backing Perry because she knows he’s a big RINO and she’s “exposing” him for what he is, and then you post that she came down to TX to save “his ass”. If he’s such a big RINO, why did she campaign for him a mere ten months ago?

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on August 12, 2011 at 6:36 PM

1) the GOP, as well as perry and bachmann, begged her to go to texas and minnesota. palin obliged to help them. God knows why she wanted to do anything for the GOP after the way they treated her. but she’s a team player, and did it.

they also begged her to go into georgia after the ’08 election to save saxbey chambliss. and she did. those 3 WERE IN FACT in danger of losing their races. YOU DONT SEND YOUR BEST ASSET SOMEWHERE UNLESS ITS ABSOLUTELY NEEDED. you would use it somewhere else if you didnt need it there. the GOP was scared to death of losing those races. and this at a time (not chambliss) when a ham sandwich could have won as long as they had an R next to them

palin dragged their sorry asses over the finish line, just like she almost dragged juan mclaims ass over the finish line

2) the alternative to perry and bachmann were still 1000x times worse.

3) she supported them on a state level, not a national level – huge dfference

sidewinder22 on August 13, 2011 at 11:23 AM

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 11:17 AM

That’s a nice catch 22 you’ve devised there. She needs the support of indies(I agree, BTW) which would obviously require her to officially enter the race and start courting them. But according to your logic(and I use that word generously), she shouldn’t enter the race until she has their support. Got it.

Doughboy on August 13, 2011 at 11:24 AM

MadisonConservative on August 13, 2011 at 11:14 AM

Damn! That’s nasty stuff.

a capella on August 13, 2011 at 11:25 AM

Pushed it right over the edge. Too funny.

SurferDoc on August 13, 2011 at 11:25 AM

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 11:17 AM

hey numbskull it was a STATE FAIR not a gop fair. nor a conservative fair.

It was a STATE FAIR. Lots of dems, indies and gopers show up to STATE fairs and she was swarmed not heckled. Once again Palin just by showing up shows she is the frontrunner.

unseen on August 13, 2011 at 11:27 AM

Yeah, you’re so caring.

MadisonConservative on August 13, 2011 at 11:14 AM

hahahaha…..which was as you well know, a response to your objectification of her. As if her looks made her husband more qualified to be POTUS. Your attitude was that if I could have convinced you she were ugly, ?fred? would have been less worthy to be POTUS.

And the apparent paralysis of her face is a symptom of Bells Palsy. But you don’t care about that as long as you get to have your jollies.

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 11:28 AM

Game on indeed.

unseen on August 13, 2011 at 10:52 AM

I think your comment about others paying attention is why the HA poll showed Bachmann getting the numbers she did. Bachmann has been paying attention for a long long time. She is the one that is seeking attention. I would suggest those voting for her in these polls may want to do a little background check on her.

Another thing I don’t understand is B.O. is always getting flack for having no experience(which is true); but Bachmann has far less but getting this support? That is scary. I certainly wouldn’t want Bachmann & Rollins in charge of this Country. Like B.O., it’s all about “me”. “I”, “I”.

bluefox on August 13, 2011 at 11:30 AM

Doughboy on August 13, 2011 at 11:24 AM

No, that is her logic. I’ll try to find the quote, but during an interview she said her decision would be based on several considerations (family, funds, etc) but that polling would also be included.

Besides, as the delusional wing of the St Palin the Victimized congregation have claimed, she has been in campaign mode since July 3, 2009. Yet her numbers with the indies are still in the dumps.

Palin is too smart to put her credibility with the base (and people like me) at risk to fail to get the nomination. As it is, she can dismiss the polling and still have credibility. But a loss in a primary would permanently damage her ability to get the media to follow her around and thus would serious dampen her influence on the campaign.

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 11:36 AM

bluefox on August 13, 2011 at 11:30 AM

I have tried to figure out the Bahcmann support I can’t.

unseen on August 13, 2011 at 11:38 AM

Jerome Horwitz on August 13, 2011 at 11:21 AM

With the hundreds of comments you could respond to on a political blog, you obsess on me.

That is serious creepy dude. Does your grammy know you have replaced her with me? Please don’t tell her if she doesn’t know already. After being so kind to you and allowing you to live in her basement rent free, it would be mean for you to hurt her like that.

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 11:39 AM

…and they keep right on arguing with the lying POS.

SurferDoc on August 13, 2011 at 11:40 AM

csdevil

Jerome Horwitz on August 13, 2011 at 11:40 AM

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 10:59 AM

I’m not sure which consumes you more: mania or deception.

MadisonConservative on August 13, 2011 at 11:03 AM

Oh, big problems here MadCon. When you first discover someone has been lying to you, for whatever reason, leaves any confidence in what they might assert right in the trash can.

Csdeven used a similar ploy after making a pretty uninformed comment about the CH47 that was shot down and it’s ramp position. Rather than take a point from folks who would know, he/she invented a SIL with a father who was, conveniently, a 160th MH47 pilot.

Sad really.

hawkdriver on August 13, 2011 at 11:40 AM

FIRST!

So, what’s this thread all about?

Bishop on August 13, 2011 at 11:41 AM

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 11:36 AM

Being in campaign mode and being in a campaign are two different things. The moment she officially declares will change everything including the perception of those precious indie voters. Right now their exposure to her is through what the media filters down to them. If she’s out there as a candidate doing lengthy interviews on live TV, they’ll see her as she really is and realize she’s not the ditzy caribou Barbie caricature.

And don’t tell me for one second that if she did win the primaries that the mere image of a woman walking out onto the convention stage and accepting a major party’s nomination for President wouldn’t be the biggest game changer of all. Whether people want to or not, at that point they’d have to take her seriously and listen to what she has to say(which more often than not makes a lot of sense to the common American).

Doughboy on August 13, 2011 at 11:41 AM

FIRST!

So, what’s this thread all about?

Bishop on August 13, 2011 at 11:41 AM

Something, something Bell’s Palsy?

hawkdriver on August 13, 2011 at 11:45 AM

I have tried to figure out the Bahcmann support I can’t.

unseen on August 13, 2011 at 11:38 AM

Bachmann was Tea Party before it existed and she is much more coherent in a stressful situation than most. Her record of accomplishment is pretty thin, but she put that to bed during the debate when she credibly claimed the mantle as the fighter for the cause. Americans understand that ALL persons have no accomplishments until they try and succeed the first time. And generally those accomplishments are incremental in nature. Palin included. So just as Palin got a chance to run Alaska after her successes in other areas, folks will give Bachmann a chance to do the same if they trust her.

The only issue to settle will be if she can beat Obama. Right now I doubt that, but she has surpassed my expectations every time a important event confronts her. It may be that by November of this year, her polling against Obama will be very respectable. that certainly is not a guarantee of success, but it will be an indication of improvement.

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 11:46 AM

FIRST!

So, what’s this thread all about?

Bishop on August 13, 2011 at 11:41 AM

First again?! Exactly which of our mods are tipping you off?

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 11:47 AM

hawkdriver on August 13, 2011 at 11:45 AM

I thought it might be about obsession. You can’t respond to cs without being accused of obsessing about her.

Bishop on August 13, 2011 at 11:48 AM

First again?! Exactly which of our mods are tipping you off?
csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 11:47 AM

I’m always FIRST! no matter when I actually comment, it’s written into my Wisconsin Public Union contract.

Bishop on August 13, 2011 at 11:49 AM

So, what’s this thread all about?

Bishop on August 13, 2011 at 11:41 AM

Who else? csdeven. I explained the minutia of the loons obsession with me to a newbie and all that happened was the loons mutual circle jerk turned into a collective psychotic break. It’s a good thing it’s Saturday they’ll have until Monday to recover.

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 11:51 AM

hahahaha…

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 11:28 AM

Yes, you really enjoy being a revolting swine about candidates’ families.

MadisonConservative on August 13, 2011 at 11:51 AM

So, what’s this thread all about?

Bishop on August 13, 2011 at 11:41 AM

csdeven guffawing like a cretin at anyone who likes the candidate she/he/it doesn’t. Some things never change.

MadisonConservative on August 13, 2011 at 11:53 AM

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 11:51 AM

But did you call anyone “ass clown” in this thread?

Bishop on August 13, 2011 at 11:55 AM

Yes, you really enjoy being a revolting swine about candidates’ families.

MadisonConservative on August 13, 2011 at 11:51 AM

Careful MadCon, his SIL might have his Dad land a Special Ops Chinook on you.

hawkdriver on August 13, 2011 at 11:56 AM

csdeven reminds me of a certain Troll who based four of its aliases on Pink Floyd. That jackwagon liked to bray like a mule, also, and despised Palin, and anyone who dared support her.

Hmmm…

kingsjester on August 13, 2011 at 11:57 AM

As a matter of fact, CS, you even claimed the kids was wounded, right? Holy crap! You’d invent stuff like that for debate points.

hawkdriver on August 13, 2011 at 11:57 AM

How does the declaration change the perception?

She is already doing interviews that the media butchers to their own ends. Just like they do with every other GOP politician.

Doughboy on August 13, 2011 at 11:41 AM

She already did that in 2008 and her numbers started tanking almost immediately. And even when she split with McCain her numbers continued to sink.

What the media has been doing to her for the last 3 years has been effective and they aren’t going to stop. And before she can get to the general, she is going to have to deal with her resignation as it will be brought up by the GOP. Did you see how T-Paw attacked Bachmann on her lack of accomplishments and how she effectively nullified it? Palin cannot explain away her resignation with the excuses she is using. Especially when the people she did it to benefit (Alaskans), still have a very unfavorable view of her.

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 11:59 AM

As usual:

csdeven: Bwahahahahaha! Palin has no business insulting our intelligence pretending to be a viable Presidential candidate. She’s a half-term quitter, the fact that she even ran for governor in a corrupt state and put her family in harm’s way marks her as terminally irresponsible, and indies all hate her guts. She deserves no consideration from sane Americans, and making her the candidate will guarantee Obama’s re-election. It’s going to be great fun watching her supporters’ heads explode when she announces she’s not running.

Any random supporter: Why are you obsessed with painting Palin in the most unforgiving light possible?

csdeven: Bwahahahahahaha! This is a Palin thread, dude. I’m talking about Palin, and you’re obsessing on me, which proves you’re a sick creepy stalker.

Who said you had to be sane, or even self-perceptive, to dislike Palin?

Aitch748 on August 13, 2011 at 11:59 AM

kingsjester on August 13, 2011 at 11:57 AM

I know you knew it, but the thread is full of sock-puppets. Dakine still posts here and so does DeathToMediaHacks.

I just surprised at the level of deceit that csdevens pulls to try to win debates. What CS? After they’re over, do you get some level of personal satisfaction out of feeling like you pushed the topic in a certain direction, even if you had to make up personal anecdotes to bolster your argument?

hawkdriver on August 13, 2011 at 12:01 PM

Talk about pot calling the kettle black…

jdoubleu on August 13, 2011 at 12:02 PM

hawkdriver on August 13, 2011 at 11:57 AM

My comments about my sons weren’t debate points. It was sharing information that I did not think anyone would be classless enough to try to use as an ad hominem attack on my political opinion. But there is always the exception to the rule.

Thankfully it is almost exclusively the Palin worshipers that resort to that and within a month or so, they will have gone away.

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 12:07 PM

Yes, you really enjoy being a revolting swine about candidates’ families.

MadisonConservative on August 13, 2011 at 11:51 AM

Riiiight and you believe that your objectification of ?freds? wife would have been appreciated by either of them.

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 12:10 PM

jdoubleu on August 13, 2011 at 12:02 PM

You’re quite right, csdeven is simply a lunatic.

But then again …

We’ve discovered today that he/she uses lies for his/her arguments. So, he/she might actually be using reverse psychology to get people to in actuality, support Palin. What a genius! Oh, I was fooled for a while, but I know a Palin supporter when I see one. He/she knows when he/she abuses Palin with half truths and out right lies that any person with half a brain could deflect, he/she knows that it makes Palin stronger.

My hats off to you csdeven, you tricky “Palinista” you.

I bet your SIL’s dad, the SOAR MH47 pilot is a Palin supporter too, right? wink wink

hawkdriver on August 13, 2011 at 12:12 PM

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 12:07 PM

Didn’t you said it was your Son In Law?

hawkdriver on August 13, 2011 at 12:13 PM

csdeven has shown himself/herself to be a liar. I bet he/she even pulls those do-not-remove tags off of pillows.

NoNails on August 13, 2011 at 12:15 PM

hawkdriver on August 13, 2011 at 12:01 PM

Do you even pay attention to the direction these threads go? You and your fellow Palin worshipers are constantly obsessing on me. I am not the thread topic and am constantly requesting that you cease. But you are bound and determined to make it about me. So, you need to check yourself and just admit that you WANT these threads to be about me. Now, if that isn’t the case, then I guess you’ll just stick to the thread topic from this point forward.

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 12:16 PM

Who was it last night – I believe bluefox – who confirmed what we’ve known all along: that Soros/MM/etc. pay trolls to dis conservatives on conservative web sites. The going rate is $12 per hour, along with commissions (do I have that right?).

I’m gonna make a wild guess that commissions in this ‘work’ equal number of responses evoked to goading comments or questions. The objects (of course) are to defame the targeted conservative, hijack the thread, demean and demoralize other posters, and of course, make money in the process.

I’m sure this troll payment scheme isn’t new. I’d be willing to bet it’s been in place for many years/at least four (heh).

Seems the effort to goad and provoke return comments works quite well on this blog by some trolls. Obsession thy name is _______

If the above is correct, there is a surefire way we could all make sure some trolls’ income around here is reduced drastically.

I can’t think of a better way to pay back the lib machine than to cut their trolls’ income to trickles.

Opinionator on August 13, 2011 at 12:18 PM

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 12:16 PM

csdeven: LOOK AT ME!! LOOK AT ME!! LOOK AT ME!! LOOK AT ME!! LOOK AT ME!! LOOK AT ME!! LOOK AT ME!! LOOK AT ME!!

everyone else: STFU

csdeven: why is everyone looking at me?

miConsevative on August 13, 2011 at 12:18 PM

Didn’t you said it was your Son In Law?

hawkdriver on August 13, 2011 at 12:13 PM

Do you really care or are you going to insult my sons? I don’t mind discussing them because I am d@mn proud of their service (and your too). But I wont put them out there to be ridiculed.

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 12:19 PM

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 12:16 PM

And you’ll stop spewing ad hominems at Palin supporters?

kingsjester on August 13, 2011 at 12:19 PM

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 12:16 PM

I’m not a Palin worshiper. Maybe you invent so much stuff, you can’t remember what people post to you.

hawkdriver on August 13, 2011 at 12:19 PM

@shiratoplitz: the famous corn poll: @SarahPalinUSA’s jar of corn kernels is looking pretty high compared to the rest of the field.

NoNails on August 13, 2011 at 12:20 PM

Careful MadCon, his SIL might have his Dad land a Special Ops Chinook on you.

hawkdriver on August 13, 2011 at 11:56 AM

His…her…Christ. Let’s just refer to it as a eunuch and be done with it.

MadisonConservative on August 13, 2011 at 12:20 PM

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 12:19 PM

I wouldn’t even know the first thing about your sons if you hadn’t tried to use them to win a debate point in a subject you knew “nothing” about.

Well, you knew the little that you Googled about Chinook ramps.

But was it your SIL? Or are you having a hard time with what the story was?

hawkdriver on August 13, 2011 at 12:21 PM

Opinionator on August 13, 2011 at 12:18 PM

Agreed.

tinkerthinker on August 13, 2011 at 12:21 PM

Opinionator on August 13, 2011 at 12:18 PM

Hey dude! Whatever it takes! If playing on the delusional Palins worshipers desire to believe in conspiracies gets them to stop obsessing on me, then more power to you! Will it help if I play along and pretend that I am a paid Soros operative?

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 12:22 PM

Talk about pot calling the kettle black… It is so funny to see unseen, portlandon, katallysmic, et. al claiming csdeven an obsessed Palin lunatic. Obsession is on both sides of the aisle here.

jdoubleu on August 13, 2011 at 12:02 PM

Care to repost the comment of mine you are referring to? If not, I’ll just assume you’re the standard Palin hater talking out of your ass.

Kataklysmic on August 13, 2011 at 12:25 PM

His…her…Christ. Let’s just refer to it as a eunuch and be done with it.

MadisonConservative on August 13, 2011 at 12:20 PM

Too hard to spell. How about Shim and Sher? And we refer to sher amazing family as shem people.

hawkdriver on August 13, 2011 at 12:26 PM

Remember that old term, gaze? If you don’t mention the troll’s name at all, I doubt they can collect the commission.

Opinionator on August 13, 2011 at 12:27 PM

everyone else: STFU

csdeven: why is everyone looking at me?

miConsevative on August 13, 2011 at 12:18 PM

Heh. You nailed it. We all have needs. His/hers are a little different than most.

a capella on August 13, 2011 at 12:35 PM