Palin at the fair: I’m surprised Perry’s running after saying he wasn’t

posted at 4:45 pm on August 12, 2011 by Allahpundit

Scott Conroy describes this as Palin having “dinged” him, but it’s so gentle a jab that it barely connects. In fact, given that it invites an obvious retort about her changing her mind on finishing her term, I doubt she meant it as a knock — even if his entry (and Bachmann’s) has obviously complicated her strategy of being the tea-party savior who smites Romney. How bitter can she be if she went on to say of Perry, “I would be extremely enthused about him” if he’s the nominee?

“I was quite sure that he wasn’t going to run, because he was adamant until about four months ago that he wasn’t going to run,” she said. But she was quick to add that Perry’s change of heart was fine. “I was surprised that he had changed his position on that, but I’m glad that he’s going to be in there.”

A reporter asked whether, if Obama had committed that sort of flip-flop, she would be more critical, she laughed. “I probably would, to tell you the truth,” she said…

Even with Perry in the race, she said, “I see room in the field. Definitely.”

“If at the end of the line he’s the one left standing, I would be extremely enthused about him because I’m a believer in ABO – anybody but Obama. So, absolutely. But there’s still a long time in this process,” Palin said, adding that Perry’s entry doesn’t affect her decision making.

She noted in the course of another answer that the governor’s role in Alaska is powerful whereas the governor’s role in Texas isn’t (true), which the press also tried to turn into an attack on Perry. She got exasperated at that, emphasizing that she was describing the positions in the abstract, not the inhabitants of them. Weigel has the full quote. Needless to say, if she jumps in, the barest hint of conflict between grassroots heroes like her, Perry, and Bachmann — replete with rhetorical bloodletting among their respective tea-party bases — will produce a full-body mediagasm. No surprise then that she also got a question today about supposed tensions between her and Bachmann, which she deflected.

To my surprise, there’s not much video floating around of her appearance. This clip, via C4P, is the best of a small bunch; she addresses Bachmann’s answer to the “submission” question last night at the end. The chairman of the Iowa GOP nudged her yesterday about making face time with the locals if she really intends to run, so consider this an early step in that process. (She told reporters today she’ll make a decision in another month or two so that her supporters don’t feel strung along.) Oh, and she was also asked whether she could support Romney if he’s the nominee. Answer: Yep. “I’m of the mind of ABO — Anybody But Obama, at this time.” Maybe tea partiers won’t be staying home after all.

Update: Just found a better clip at CNN than the one I originally posted. The “submission” answer is here too, as well as her comments about Bachmann.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 5 6 7 8 9 10

I don’t know, but I’m sure your mom is no stranger to the embraces of domestic pets and barnyard animals.

“Where’s the Birth Certificate?”

chumpThreads on August 12, 2011 at 11:06 PM

So chumpy, you are saying that the Mother of a valued Hot Air contributor does what exactly with barnyard animals?

Wow. Classy. You are aware that pretty much anyone could craft an equally offensive and well more imaginative reply but don’t; not because they can’t; but rather because its a refusal to stoop to your level of Truck-Stop Bathroom Graffiti.

Geochelone on August 13, 2011 at 12:02 AM

Goddamn. Seriously, you are just as much of a bats**t troll as you were last election cycle.

MadisonConservative on August 12, 2011 at 11:58 PM

Hahahahahaha!!!!

Coming from the dope who insisted that ?fred? was just manipulating the media and would eventually announce and then the rest of the field would run away from the sheer awesomeness of ?fred?.

The rest of us told you what he was and we were right. You were wrong. AND here you are supporting ANOTHER candidate that is fleecing you! ROFLMAO!!!

You just never learn do you!?

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 12:03 AM

Craven ambition…

CCRWM on August 12, 2011 at 11:19 PM

Well, ambition is fine. However, the end doesn’t justify the means either. If we out here in the real world see this, then those in the House most certainly do. I expect to see some more resistance in that TP Caucus.

bluefox on August 13, 2011 at 12:04 AM

Thinking about the interview. I am just amazed that Palin continues to get better. Most politicans peak but it appears from the hannity interview Palin is still grwoing into unleashing her talent. She is a force to be respected by the other candidates and dismissed at their own peril.

unseen on August 12, 2011 at 11:48 PM

Hope you don’t mind if I make it accurate…

CCRWM on August 13, 2011 at 12:05 AM

Hope you don’t mind if I make it accurate…

CCRWM on August 13, 2011 at 12:05 AM

Sounds right…

idesign on August 13, 2011 at 12:07 AM

Hope you don’t mind if I make it accurate…

CCRWM on August 13, 2011 at 12:05 AM

nope don’t mind. Your rewrite is better than the original.

unseen on August 13, 2011 at 12:08 AM

unseen on August 12, 2011 at 11:20 PM

Yes Sarah did sum it up nicely. Speaking of Rollins, what was the reason MB was missing during that commercial break during the debate? Someone here said she left on each commercial. I can’t verify that, I only saw it once when Bret mentioned it and it was on camera.

bluefox on August 13, 2011 at 12:08 AM

Well calling it anight 4:30 comes quick.

unseen on August 13, 2011 at 12:08 AM

I just got this email…

Hi idesign2,

Re-Elect Obama 2012 is now following your activity on Disqus.

Check out Re-Elect Obama 2012′s Disqus profile at: http://disqus.com/disqusgoogle/

If you’d like, click the “Follow” button to have Re-Elect Obama 2012′s activity appear in your dashboard.

Thanks,
The Disqus Team

Control these emails at: http://disqus.com/account/

idesign on August 13, 2011 at 12:10 AM

I don’t expect an answer, but tomorrow there will be 10 more posters complaining that Palin hasn’t entered the race yet.

miConsevative on August 12, 2011 at 11:25 PM

I’ve seen that. If that is what they want to talk about, let them talk to themselves:-)

bluefox on August 13, 2011 at 12:11 AM

The rest of us told you what he was and we were right. You were wrong.

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 12:03 AM

Who the hell is “the rest of us”? I recall maybe three other Fred bashers.

MadisonConservative on August 13, 2011 at 12:12 AM

They really DO pay people to do that crap? I thought it was a bit of hyperbole when people said it here. Crazy.

miConsevative on August 12, 2011 at 11:54 PM

Axelrod was recruiting at my son’s college…my son figurd out what the IT job was pretty quich and the application questions about hobbie or rec time were a huge tip offf… $12.oo an hour…plus commission…

CCRWM on August 13, 2011 at 12:13 AM

Who the hell is “the rest of us”? I recall maybe three other Fred bashers.

MadisonConservative on August 13, 2011 at 12:12 AM

Hahahahahahaha!!!

Exactly how many states did ?fred? win? There were tons of us who knew ?fred? was an absolute fraud.

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 12:15 AM

She told reporters today she’ll make a decision in another month or two so that her supporters don’t feel strung along…..

……HUH FREAKING HUH?

…..SHE IS NOT RUNNING.

PappyD61 on August 13, 2011 at 12:17 AM

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 12:15 AM

Hahahahahahaha!!!

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!

Omg you’re a moron, hahahahahahaha!!!

How old are you?

alwaysfiredup on August 13, 2011 at 12:17 AM

Well calling it anight 4:30 comes quick.

unseen on August 13, 2011 at 12:08 AM

Nite…

CCRWM on August 13, 2011 at 12:17 AM

…..SHE IS NOT RUNNING.

PappyD61 on August 13, 2011 at 12:17 AM

I’ll put money on that.

alwaysfiredup on August 13, 2011 at 12:17 AM

…..SHE IS NOT RUNNING.

PappyD61 on August 13, 2011 at 12:17 AM

Correction: I’ll put money against that.

alwaysfiredup on August 13, 2011 at 12:18 AM

Maybe tea partiers won’t be staying home after all.

maybe

Theres a lot of meatloaf on the buffet this election

If the powers that be try to pull another McCain, woe unto them.

Who knows what would happen if they snub the disenfranchised and put them between a rock and a hard place

When people think they are being used by all sides, they may simply give up.

The debt ceiling deal was a thumb in the eye of the Tea Party, and anyone else who didnt want Obama (and the pork swillers in Congress) to get another trillion. The committee already includes Kerry, Baucus, Patty Murray. The deal guarantees the most radical Dems would be on the committee, being chosen by DEM leadership, but not the most radical GOPs, being chosen by the GOP leadership

It is not only a recipe for disaster, in terms of the Tea Party, but a recipe for a very very unpleasant stream of news as the committee commits its atrocities in the name of removing power from the general COngress, and placing it in the hands of leadership appointees

entagor on August 13, 2011 at 12:19 AM

SHE IS NOT RUNNING.

PappyD61 on August 13, 2011 at 12:17 AM

You’ve already told us that.

A gazillion times.

miConsevative on August 13, 2011 at 12:20 AM

Hahahahahaha!!!!

ROFLMAO!!!

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 12:03 AM

Time to bump up the meds.

portlandon on August 13, 2011 at 12:20 AM

bluefox on August 12, 2011 at 11:27 PM
Welcome, btw. Seems you’re new around here. So far you’re alright. ;-)

miConsevative on August 12, 2011 at 11:30 PM

Thanks:-) I’m one of the Hobbits; well actually I’m just conservative period:-)

I don’t post much but do a lot of reading and researching.
Was very active during the Health care debate for several months. I may have posted some during that time, but mainly was busy working the fax machine and phones.

bluefox on August 13, 2011 at 12:21 AM

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 12:15 AM

Again, who is this “us”? You and TommyLotto and BKennedy? Maybe one other I’ve forgotten? You’re schizophrenic.

MadisonConservative on August 13, 2011 at 12:22 AM

How old are you?

alwaysfiredup on August 13, 2011 at 12:17 AM

At least 4. That’s how many years she’s been doing this stupid s**t here.

MadisonConservative on August 13, 2011 at 12:22 AM

Time to bump up the meds.

portlandon on August 13, 2011 at 12:20 AM

… and the restraints. Don’t forget the restraints.

viking01 on August 13, 2011 at 12:24 AM

Beetlejuice the Obsessor makes it’s appearance…

Gohawgs on August 13, 2011 at 12:25 AM

There is no way she will get away with stringing the public along for 2 months without seriously hurting her brand and credibility.

KickandSwimMom on August 12, 2011 at 5:11 PM
I agree. After so much time and so many organizational efforts by her supporters on her behalf, if she doesn’t run then my estimation of her really will drop like a rock.

ddrintn on August 12, 2011 at 5:15 PM

Not waiting for 2 more months of her jacking around.

How hard is it really? You either want to run or you don’t. You say you have the “fire in the belly” but then you him-haw around about “considering”.

You either want to save the country or you don’t. C4P is full of crap and they’re going to be in a world of hurt over there when she finally gets tired of STRINGING ALONG her supporters.

THAT is exactly what she’s been doing all along.

Time to move along Palinistas.

The train is leaving the station I guess it’s Bachmann or Perry (ABR–Anybody but Romney). UGGGGGHHHH.

PappyD61 on August 13, 2011 at 12:26 AM

Time to move along Palinistas.

PappyD61 on August 13, 2011 at 12:26 AM

Thanks, but we Palinistas are pretty independent and can make up our minds for ourself. We appreciate your concern though. You may now move on from this tantru…er, talking point.

miConsevative on August 13, 2011 at 12:29 AM

Are in direct contradiction to each other. First you say that Palin isn’t backing Perry because she knows he’s a big RINO and she’s “exposing” him for what he is, and then you post that she came down to TX to save “his ass”. If he’s such a big RINO, why did she campaign for him a mere ten months ago?

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on August 12, 2011 at 6:36 PM

duh, thats on a state level. and the alternatives to them were 1000x worse. she would never back them on a national level. your not that ignorant are you?

sidewinder22 on August 13, 2011 at 12:33 AM

man, the welfare queen really needs to learn how to take little bites

sidewinder22 on August 13, 2011 at 12:36 AM

oh i don’t have a problem with the ones that simply don’t like Gov Palin. I don’t like a couple candidates myself like Mitt and Bachmann. and I will debate their records and Palin’s with them. But most are here just to tear her down.

unseen on August 12, 2011 at 11:36 PM

I meant the ones that are just hateful; those that attack the Candidate & speak hateful towards those here that happen to support that particular Candidate. A waste of time.

bluefox on August 13, 2011 at 12:39 AM

its really just not too smart to shove a thick foot long wiener down your mouth that way

sidewinder22 on August 13, 2011 at 12:40 AM

The results of the latest Fox News poll would have to be characterized as a little disconcerting for those who are hoping Palin will garner the Republican nomination:

Also notice Page 10 of the Fox News Poll:

Question:Sarah Palin – Do you think this person would make a good president or not?
Republicans: 34% Yes 58% No

Tea Party: 45% Yes 48% No

Page 6:

Trend-Sarah Palin as the first choice of Republican Primary voters:

Aug 7-9: 8%
July 17-19: 9%
June 26-28: 8%
June 5-7: 12%

At best a static or slightly downward trend.

She ain’t catching on, folks.

Even a plurality of Tea Party supporters don’t think Palin would make a good President.

Dreadnought on August 13, 2011 at 12:42 AM

Geochelone on August 13, 2011 at 12:02 AM

Thanks for having my back, Geo.

Kataklysmic on August 13, 2011 at 12:42 AM

Dreadnought on August 13, 2011 at 12:42 AM

I gave up on Fox polls long ago. They’re not very reliable.

alwaysfiredup on August 13, 2011 at 12:45 AM

She ain’t catching on, folks.

Dreadnought on August 13, 2011 at 12:42 AM

You obviously missed what she herself had to say about how polls have played out in her political career:

Each campaign that I’ve ever run in these 20 years of elected office have been kind of unconventional — right, Todd? We’ve always been outspent two to one, 10 to one, five to one; never won any polls heading into election night but usually won the election.

miConsevative on August 13, 2011 at 12:49 AM

She’ll get in Memorial Day….

She’ll get in July 4th…..

She’ll get in on the Anniversary of her resignation…..

She’ll get in the first of August before the straw poll..

She’ll get in right after the Straw poll….

She’ll get in at the perfect time, Labor Day….

She’ll get in right after Labor Day…..

She’ll get in September 16th (Constitution Day)….

She’ll get in “in the next few months”…..

PappyD61 on August 13, 2011 at 12:49 AM

PappyD61 on August 13, 2011 at 12:49 AM

Why do you feel the need to keep repeating this. Can’t you see you’re not changing minds? Is this just a ‘neener-neener’ moment for you or what? If so, grow up.

miConsevative on August 13, 2011 at 12:51 AM

miConsevative on August 12, 2011 at 11:44 PM

Thanks for that. I just read it. Boy, talk about stretching it. I’ve heard(read) that she “enlarges” things, but this is too much. That anyone could make that kind of a statement is outrageous.

I bet the 25(est) Attorney Generals from those States that spent a ton of money taking this thru the various Courts are surprised if they hear this. They could have just saved millions and checked in with MB. Shaking my head here.

Someone is going to call her on this. Pawlenty would be my first guess.

She may or may not do well in IA, but I think she’s done afer that.

bluefox on August 13, 2011 at 12:54 AM

PappyD61 on August 13, 2011 at 12:49 AM

Does MammyD61 ever open the lockbox that she keeps your balls in? If so, please wait until then to comment.

Kataklysmic on August 13, 2011 at 12:56 AM

Kataklysmic on August 13, 2011

Has OC been bad? I’ve been popping in and out the last couple of days and haven’t been reading thru all threads…

Gohawgs on August 13, 2011 at 1:00 AM

bluefox on August 13, 2011 at 12:54 AM

Agreed. I’ve always liked Bachmann but she’s fallen several rungs for me with the campaign. I still like her views and conviction. I just like her back in Congress.

miConsevative on August 13, 2011 at 1:00 AM

I was hoping she would run.

But at some point you’ve got to face that you’re being “strung along”.

She’s a great cheerleader, a great leader, says what she means……..but…….people are finally starting to ask “are you stealing the spotlight from other candidates”.

She’s taken a lot of slings and arrows and she’s going to be a great talking head on Fox but apparently she doesn’t want the Presidency.

Don’t shoot the messenger here, I’m just pointing out the complete inconsistency and seeming attention grabbing on her part. Back in July she said she’d decide in the next couple of months and now we’re almost in the middle of August and she’s saying “in the next couple of months”…..that would put a decision off until nearly Halloween.

I’m not the one stringing anyone along. I’m just trying to work myself through having to support a candidate that I’m not enthusiastic about.

ANYONE BUT OBAMA (Except Romney). :-)

PappyD61 on August 13, 2011 at 1:02 AM

Gohawgs on August 13, 2011 at 1:00 AM

I’m not sure if he’s serious or Bishing, but he seems to be staking out NickDeringer’s territory. Check out his 9:57 PM post in this thread.

Kataklysmic on August 13, 2011 at 1:02 AM

BTW, What has Bachmann accomplished in the House?

PappyD61 on August 13, 2011 at 1:03 AM

ANYONE BUT OBAMA (Except Romney). :-)

PappyD61 on August 13, 2011 at 1:02 AM

Well please work it out in your own head, because if you’re just spewing out stream of consciousness for your own therapeutic catharsis, this isn’t the place to do it.

But it strangely looks like you are trying to dis Palin.

miConsevative on August 13, 2011 at 1:04 AM

PappyD61 on August 13, 2011 at 1:02 AM

She said today she would decide by September. The “couple months” thing you are referring to isn’t a direct quote.

Kataklysmic on August 13, 2011 at 1:05 AM

Thinking about the interview. I am just amazed that Palin continues to get better. Most politicans peak but it appears from the hannity interview Palin is still grwoing into her talent. She is a force to be respected by the other candidates and dismissed at their own peril.

unseen on August 12, 2011 at 11:48 PM

It is amazing. I’ve followed her ever since she was first selected by the McCain campaign. She was attacked almost immediately by the opposition and it’s never stopped.
You know what Rush says, you can always tell what the opposition fears by whom they attack:-) Even the elites. I really don’t think it matters. Sometimes timing is everything:-) Not too early and not too late, but right on time. That is what I think she’s waiting on, a signal if you will.

bluefox on August 13, 2011 at 1:15 AM

Kataklysmic on August 13, 2011 at 1:02 AM

It looks like Knucklehead took him out bar hopping again…/

There’s a lot of frustration over the events since Jan. ’09, sometimes it feels as though something negative “happens” everyday. Add in the lefty talking points being used by some here at HA and I’m surprised more steam isn’t being let off…

Gohawgs on August 13, 2011 at 1:23 AM

She ain’t catching on, folks.

Dreadnought on August 13, 2011 at 12:42 AM

miConsevative on August 13, 2011 at 12:49 AM

Not sure why she says she was not winning any polls because she was leading in Rasmussen vs. Knowles right before the election in 2006.

Dreadnought on August 13, 2011 at 1:27 AM

miConsevative on August 12, 2011 at 11:54 PM
crap i need to get me one of those gigs.

unseen on August 12, 2011 at 11:55 PM

You’d have to go to the dark side for that. If you would stop and think about when this type of activity started recently and whether the same thing happened during 2008 before the election you would see a pattern.

Remember when ALL of SP’s emails were obtained? Didn’t you see posts & videos for thousands of people to help go thru them? They were going to be paid. Then during the health care debate they(paid trolls) were busy too.

bluefox on August 13, 2011 at 1:29 AM

Dreadnought on August 13, 2011 at 1:27 AM

More of a generalization, I’m guessing.

miConsevative on August 13, 2011 at 1:29 AM

Dreadnought on August 13, 2011 at 12:42 AM

Tea Partiers are RINOS!!!11eleventy *channeling a Palinbot*

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on August 13, 2011 at 1:30 AM

The only comment guaranteed not to offend anyone here but the drop-ins (or to be called names, etc.).

Anyone but Barry.

PappyD61 on August 13, 2011 at 1:31 AM

PappyD61 on August 13, 2011 at 1:31 AM

Who’s been calling you names, Pappy?

John the Libertarian on August 13, 2011 at 1:37 AM

CCRWM on August 13, 2011 at 12:00 AM

I hope she wins the straw poll too. It would certainly depress many:-) It would all have to be write ins tho. I think she made her statement today anyway. Great turnout for her.

wow! Palin supporters?

CCRWM on August 13, 2011 at 12:02 AM

That I’m not sure of. I would guess a lot would be; however now that Gov. Perry is getting in that would cause a shift.
I’ll see if I can find out.

I do know that with all of the support that SP gave in time and money to Conservatives for the 2010 election and their feelings about the current Admin, they most likely supported her.

bluefox on August 13, 2011 at 1:38 AM

Pappy?

John the Libertarian on August 13, 2011 at 1:37 AM

Nevermind. I read some of the comments.

John the Libertarian on August 13, 2011 at 1:40 AM

Well calling it anight 4:30 comes quick.

unseen on August 13, 2011 at 12:08 AM

4:30? ouch. ‘night. It was a great day!!!

Thanks for the links too.

bluefox on August 13, 2011 at 1:43 AM

CCRWM on August 13, 2011 at 12:13 AM

Glad you can verify actual experience. I just saw the ads and various posts, etc. Good that your son didn’t get taken in.

I read on a blog (don’t remember which one) that many were set up with computers in another Country. Wouldn’t surprise me.

Just think, SP didn’t even need one computer today:-)

Well, I’m going to be signing off soon myself. Not 4:30 like unseen tho.

bluefox on August 13, 2011 at 1:51 AM

That weird dude with the yellow shirt looked like he was trying to smell her…tyrin’ to get a whiff.

PC14 on August 13, 2011 at 1:53 AM

Gohawgs on August 13, 2011 at 1:23 AM

Makes sense.

Kataklysmic on August 13, 2011 at 2:15 AM

Your turn. Why should she enter earlier?

miConsevative on August 12, 2011 at 10:59 PM

Debates. Iron sharpens iron, etc.

anuts on August 13, 2011 at 2:39 AM

That is a great clip of Sarah.

John the Libertarian on August 13, 2011 at 3:45 AM

Debates. Iron sharpens iron, etc.

anuts on August 13, 2011 at 2:39 AM

I understand and appreciate your sentiment. But I didn’t see a whole lot of steel on stage Thursday night. Indeed, I thought the star of the night was Newt, and he ain’t got a snowball’s chance.

BuckeyeSam on August 13, 2011 at 5:53 AM

I suspect at least one of the reasons Palin is staying out so long is that she thinks no one in the primary should get a free ride. Let the candidates vet each other if the media won’t, let the flavor-of-the-month die down, I suspect that Palin will be “the dark horse”.

bigmike on August 13, 2011 at 6:19 AM

If Palin’s getting in, why isn’t she already?

Perceptron on August 13, 2011 at 6:32 AM

bigmike on August 13, 2011 at 6:19 AM

Nah. Republican cadidates are always vetted up, down, and sideways. It’s the Dems that aren’t. With or without Sarah Palin in the race, the MSM “vets” all the GOP candidates while giving the Dems a free ride.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on August 13, 2011 at 7:01 AM

Perceptron on August 13, 2011 at 6:32 AM

Hi Perceptron. Haven’t heard from you in a while. :)

Your question “If Palin is getting in, why isn’t she already in?” is most interesting.

I often wonder as I am getting into my car why I am not already in my car. It is a conundrum which is rooted in an insidious time delay between past and future events. Thus far I all my inventions have failed at bridging this gap but I remain undeterred in my quest to violate the laws of causality at the macroscopic level.

Ok I am just kidding around. But you have made some very curious posts in the past which have been amusing and thought provoking and makes you somewhat of a mysterious fellow. Even your name is interesting; coming out of the field of artificial intelligence; as in neural network.

Catch you later Dude.

Geochelone on August 13, 2011 at 7:01 AM

667

fiatboomer on August 13, 2011 at 7:09 AM

Now I am freaked out. My post to Perceptron was number 666.

I needed a DS bump to put me past that number but DS went AWOL and left me high and dry.

Geochelone on August 13, 2011 at 7:11 AM

Geochelone on August 13, 2011 at 7:11 AM

Don’t worry, when that number comes up just remember that Jesus kicks satan’s ass.

fiatboomer on August 13, 2011 at 7:21 AM

Gohawgs on August 13, 2011 at 1:23 AM

Frustration is a good way of putting it, friend. I want a decisive candidate *now*

OmahaConservative on August 13, 2011 at 7:21 AM

Bwahahahahaha!!!

Wow! The delusional wing of the St Palin the Victimized congregation had absolute meltdowns last night. The writing is on the wall and it is clear that Palin has been stringing them along. Unless she just doesn’t respect Americans, she is not going to run and that is rankling them to no end.

So, here comes the inevitable wailing and gnashing of teeth of her hoodwinked worshipers. It will be others fault. They will blame the people here, the LSM, Romney, McCain, Couric, and finally, the man in the moon. There will be a certain group that will then scream like babies and promptly pull out the dull butter knives and proceed to hack their nose off their face to spite the world.

It will be a disturbing thing to watch. But, we’ve seen it before when ?fred? did the same thing in 2008 and his worshipers devolved.

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 7:38 AM

OmahaConservative on August 13, 2011 at 7:21 AM

No. You want a decisive candidate Nov 2012. You just want to know who it is now. Palin wants the GOP to win and she has no personal need to be in the race. When she gets in everything changes and she is well aware of that. Relax.

gh on August 13, 2011 at 7:41 AM

If Palin’s getting in, why isn’t she already?

Perceptron on August 13, 2011 at 6:32 AM

Why should she? The others are burning through bundles of cash. Ask yourself why the campaigns start so early. Is it because the media drives it? Is it because all those political consultants want to draw a paycheck? Is it because some of the candidates are trying to become relevant? Is it because some of the candidates have a motive to inject themselves into a contest they know they can’t win?

Retailers start pushing Christmas in September. Gift card companies promote every “Day” they can think of. It’s the same thing. Those who make money off of the process are the ones out there trying to convince everyone that candidates should declare early. Some of you apparently buy into that.

Palin is a leader. She doesn’t need so-called experts to set arbitrary dates by which she must act. She has a political strategy. That strategy will either work for her or it won’t. Based on her past campaigns, you can expect her to squeeze every cent of value from every dollar donated to her campaign. She won’t burn through money needlessly which includes jumping in before she really needs to. She’s not only showing her political acumen, she’s also showing pragmatism.

I suspect that most everyone who’s criticizing her for not jumping in now, won’t be voting for her in the primary anyway.

NoNails on August 13, 2011 at 7:44 AM

I saw where no one at the fair that garnered the people and the press like she did, it was refreshing to see her. Way to go Sarah!

tinkerthinker on August 13, 2011 at 8:01 AM

tinkerthinker on August 13, 2011 at 8:01 AM

Actually it is boring to watch a failed half term governor try to remain relevant as the GOP field leaves her in the dust.

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 8:14 AM

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 7:38 AM

That may all come to pass as you say, but couldn’t you be nicer?

AsianGirlInTights on August 13, 2011 at 8:15 AM

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 8:14 AM

I don’t care you you support, that’s just funny.

ElectricPhase on August 13, 2011 at 8:16 AM

She’s not helping herself with the women of the country she’s always polled poorly with by showing up looking HOT.

Marcus on August 13, 2011 at 8:25 AM

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 8:14 AM

csdeven, still trying to be relevant. FAIL!!!!!

NoNails on August 13, 2011 at 8:25 AM

NoNails on August 13, 2011 at 7:44 AM

You made some very good points.

Geochelone on August 13, 2011 at 8:32 AM

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 8:14 AM

OK, fixed!

tinkerthinker on August 13, 2011 at 8:37 AM

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 8:14 AM

Then why do you watch? In the same vein, why do you comment endlessly on Palin threads and sparingly on others?

Is it because you’re friggin’ nuts?

darwin on August 13, 2011 at 8:38 AM

NoNails on August 13, 2011 at 7:44 AM

Great analogy! “Back to School” starts July 4th weekend; “Halloween” starts in August.

I’m excited about Palin getting in the race, but I have no problem letting her follow her own timetable. All this handwringing makes me laugh.

Naturally Curly on August 13, 2011 at 8:47 AM

I just watched a video of Sarah saying to Hannity how proud she was of Newt during the debate!
Sarah is reading my comments again!

JellyToast on August 13, 2011 at 8:47 AM

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 8:14 AM

She doesn’t seem to have to try very hard. You know, show up, get biggest crowd.

Dongemaharu on August 13, 2011 at 9:07 AM

Dongemaharu on August 13, 2011 at 9:07 AM

People have been upset about this ability of hers for a long time. Even Perry was upset enough to do this way back in 2008:

The Republican Governors Conference Press Guidelines promised that Alaska Governor Sarah Palin would “take approximately 20 minutes of questions” at today’s morning press conference. Instead, this press conference, attended by 150 local and national media and taped by 26 video cameras, disintegrated into a fiasco when Texas Governor Rick Perry shut it down after only five minutes and four questions.

Eight other governors assembled on the stage, all men, seemed visibly uncomfortable with the “Palin at center stage” format. When Perry stepped in front of Palin at the podium to announce it was over just as it was getting started, Palin looked irritated, and the media shouted, “You’ve got to be kidding,” “This is ridiculous,” “Come on,” and “We were promised more questions.”

Forty minutes later, at a larger gathering attended by most the seventeen governors at the Conference, Bill Kristol of The Weekly Standard may have given the reason why Palin was reined in: envy. Said Kristol, “This is not the Republican Governors Association. This is really the Republican Presidential Candidates Association.”

Seems some people can’t handle Gov Palin being the center of attention. If Perry was upset about it in 2008 he isn’t going to be happy about it in 2011 as she continues to upstage him…..

unseen on August 13, 2011 at 9:20 AM

I want it and I want it now…

Why do I get the mental image of a 3-year old lying on their back, beating their heels on the floor, screaming because they can’t have their dessert before eating dinner…

If voting for nad supporting Sarah requires that you know her plans 14 months in advance, I suggest you go find another candidate to make your demands to…

OnlyOrange on August 13, 2011 at 9:21 AM

Is it because you’re friggin’ nuts?

darwin on August 13, 2011 at 8:38 AM

Why do you care? I at least am discussing Palin while you endlessly obsess on me.

You ARE friggen nuts.

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 9:21 AM

Question: Why would McCain pick SP for the Veep role if she didn’t have the same beliefs?

PappyD61 on August 13, 2011 at 9:23 AM

PappyD61 on August 13, 2011 at 9:23 AM

Simple. She’s a Conservative first, a Republican second. He needed the base who are largely Conservative. Oh, and she was a proven reformer.

NoNails on August 13, 2011 at 9:26 AM

PappyD61 on August 13, 2011 at 9:23 AM

He was in the doghouse with the base and needed some conservative cred. It worked. But then the economy tanked and he ran his campaign horribly. Oh well.

unseen on August 13, 2011 at 9:20 AM

This is the first time I’ve heard this story. Looks like we might be in store for more of this. And speaking of 150

Dongemaharu on August 13, 2011 at 9:31 AM

Why do you care? I at least am discussing obsessing on Palin while you endlessly obsess call on me out.

You ARE I AM friggen nuts.

csdeven on August 13, 2011 at 9:21 AM

darwin on August 13, 2011 at 9:31 AM

want it and I want it now…

OnlyOrange on August 13, 2011 at 9:21 AM

Her appearance, part of a stop-start One Nation bus tour of important American historical locations, again diverted attention from the candidates who have formally joined the race.

Asked what was holding her back, she told Sky News: “The impact on family, to be perfectly honest.

unseen on August 13, 2011 at 9:31 AM

“I have a large, busy, very productive family and unless you have gone through what we have already gone through, you can’t know.”

The former governor of Alaska added: “Besides good executive experience and good common sense fiscal ideas on how to create jobs and get the economy growing again, is the fact that I am outside of the political bubble and I don’t put up with the politics as usual.”

Palin spoke as Iowa prepared to host its famed ‘straw poll’ in the town of Ames.

unseen on August 13, 2011 at 9:34 AM

NoNails on August 13, 2011 at 7:44 AM

Excellent point – it’s hard to understand why people who don’t like her/wouldn’t vote for her/etc think their input should matter to her or any of her supporters.

katiejane on August 13, 2011 at 9:40 AM

unseen on August 13, 2011 at 9:31 AM

Yep… and while she would be on the campaign trail, her kids would be left vulnerable to media attacks. They’ve tried to destroy her and haven’t succeeded — does anyone doubt that in their desperation they’d target her family…

You can hear her describing her sense of timing here, if these whiners want to hear it “from the horse’s mouth”…

It’s too early…
There’s still plenty of time…
September is the deadline for lots of reasons…
It would be an unconventional, grass-roots campaign…

Three good audio files of her fielding questions from the press at this link:

OnlyOrange on August 13, 2011 at 9:45 AM

I read the Sky News article.

Media attacks on her family would keep her from running?

If true then why doesn’t she just disappear or say she’s not running? They have already accused her of being an accomplice to the shootings in AZ. Her oldest daughter has become a well paid public figure……get out of the spotlight or run! Besides from what I’ve seen/heard her Fam seems to support a run.

Do it!

PappyD61 on August 13, 2011 at 9:46 AM

unseen on August 13, 2011

All Palin. All the time.
Well almost. Fanboy get a life.

CW on August 13, 2011 at 9:48 AM