Palin at the fair: I’m surprised Perry’s running after saying he wasn’t

posted at 4:45 pm on August 12, 2011 by Allahpundit

Scott Conroy describes this as Palin having “dinged” him, but it’s so gentle a jab that it barely connects. In fact, given that it invites an obvious retort about her changing her mind on finishing her term, I doubt she meant it as a knock — even if his entry (and Bachmann’s) has obviously complicated her strategy of being the tea-party savior who smites Romney. How bitter can she be if she went on to say of Perry, “I would be extremely enthused about him” if he’s the nominee?

“I was quite sure that he wasn’t going to run, because he was adamant until about four months ago that he wasn’t going to run,” she said. But she was quick to add that Perry’s change of heart was fine. “I was surprised that he had changed his position on that, but I’m glad that he’s going to be in there.”

A reporter asked whether, if Obama had committed that sort of flip-flop, she would be more critical, she laughed. “I probably would, to tell you the truth,” she said…

Even with Perry in the race, she said, “I see room in the field. Definitely.”

“If at the end of the line he’s the one left standing, I would be extremely enthused about him because I’m a believer in ABO – anybody but Obama. So, absolutely. But there’s still a long time in this process,” Palin said, adding that Perry’s entry doesn’t affect her decision making.

She noted in the course of another answer that the governor’s role in Alaska is powerful whereas the governor’s role in Texas isn’t (true), which the press also tried to turn into an attack on Perry. She got exasperated at that, emphasizing that she was describing the positions in the abstract, not the inhabitants of them. Weigel has the full quote. Needless to say, if she jumps in, the barest hint of conflict between grassroots heroes like her, Perry, and Bachmann — replete with rhetorical bloodletting among their respective tea-party bases — will produce a full-body mediagasm. No surprise then that she also got a question today about supposed tensions between her and Bachmann, which she deflected.

To my surprise, there’s not much video floating around of her appearance. This clip, via C4P, is the best of a small bunch; she addresses Bachmann’s answer to the “submission” question last night at the end. The chairman of the Iowa GOP nudged her yesterday about making face time with the locals if she really intends to run, so consider this an early step in that process. (She told reporters today she’ll make a decision in another month or two so that her supporters don’t feel strung along.) Oh, and she was also asked whether she could support Romney if he’s the nominee. Answer: Yep. “I’m of the mind of ABO — Anybody But Obama, at this time.” Maybe tea partiers won’t be staying home after all.

Update: Just found a better clip at CNN than the one I originally posted. The “submission” answer is here too, as well as her comments about Bachmann.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 10

Perrynistas

Norwegian on August 12, 2011 at 5:18 PM

I think I prefer Perryonites mirionettes

derft on August 12, 2011 at 5:23 PM

Nope, to me they’re “Rickrollers”. They’re worse than we Palinistas ever were: Perry can do absolutely no wrong; he may lose Iowa and NH but on the momentum from those losses he’ll go on to a crushing victory in SC — where Nikki Haley will already have endorsed Romney — and THEN he’ll sew up the nomination by Super Tuesday and go on to beat Obama in a 45-state landslide. I swear, I’ve seen those very predictions here.

ddrintn on August 12, 2011 at 5:28 PM

Palin wioll be on hannity tonight at 9 eastern

unseen on August 12, 2011 at 5:29 PM

She’s been running for the last 2 years!

idesign on August 12, 2011 at 4:56 PM

Much longer than that, and it shows.

Schadenfreude on August 12, 2011 at 5:29 PM

unseen on August 12, 2011 at 5:27 PM

Oh, good. Palin’s bunny boiler is here.

Pasalubong on August 12, 2011 at 5:30 PM

I’m in China and had to watch it over a technically illegal international satellite feed. Give me a break ;)

DarkCurrent on August 12, 2011 at 5:26 PM

I hope you get a chance to see all of them It is a very good family friendly show.

unseen on August 12, 2011 at 5:30 PM

But that’s just me, what do I know.

SlaveDog on August 12, 2011 at 5:27 PM

And this:

Perry calls global warming “all one contrived phony mess that is falling apart under its own weight.”

But I need a little clarification on his immigration stand…

right2bright on August 12, 2011 at 5:31 PM

Pasalubong on August 12, 2011 at 5:30 PM

Damn you. I forgot what “bunny boiler” means. I remember it came up a while ago …

gh on August 12, 2011 at 5:31 PM

kingsjester on August 12, 2011 at 5:31 PM

All very entertaining but they will fight it out in the arena. Whoever has the best organization, the most money, wins the debates, and increases their polling numbers will be the nominee.

Viator on August 12, 2011 at 5:31 PM

Pasalubong on August 12, 2011 at 5:30 PM

PDS is an evil thing. Deal with yours.

unseen on August 12, 2011 at 5:32 PM

The point is to show primary voters that there isn’t a credible alternative to her before she puts her hat in the ring. If she were running months ago, Huntsman would be the front runner. In fact, I would wager that was Huntsman’s hope for winning the nomination–becoming the “credible” ABP candidate. But Palin didn’t cooperate and scare the easily scared among primary voters.

Sekhmet on August 12, 2011 at 5:21 PM

Makes a lot of sense. She’s letting Huntsman’s warts show so everyone has a good look and decides she’s not so bad after all. He’s been the dog in the manger and not Mitt.

a capella on August 12, 2011 at 5:32 PM

Let’s cut her some slack on this. Sarah Palin is physically a very light person, so that a strong kick from a rifle would affect her more than a heavy person. She just wanted to know how well she needed to brace herself.

Steve Z on August 12, 2011 at 5:27 PM

I was still surprised she had to ask. Given that she’s supposedly very experienced I expected her to know.

DarkCurrent on August 12, 2011 at 5:33 PM

Viator on August 12, 2011 at 5:31 PM

Not sure money is the end all be all of victory. It is more how you use what you have to best effect. Mitt spent 90 million and McCain spent $50 million last time. the most money didn’t win in 2008.

unseen on August 12, 2011 at 5:34 PM

PDS is an evil thing. Deal with yours.

unseen on August 12, 2011 at 5:32 PM

How is it PDS to make fun of your creepy Palin slobber? You can be a Palin fan without Nikes and a purple shroud. You should try it sometime, unseen.

Pasalubong on August 12, 2011 at 5:34 PM

unseen on August 12, 2011 at 5:30 PM

I did enjoy it, especially the airplanes. Hope to catch more.

DarkCurrent on August 12, 2011 at 5:34 PM

DarkCurrent on August 12, 2011 at 5:33 PM

I’m not all that crazy about Perry’s hairstyle either, but it doesn’t have anything to do with the cost of oil or anything.

ddrintn on August 12, 2011 at 5:35 PM

I watched the entire episode. I haven’t seen the whole series.

DarkCurrent on August 12, 2011 at 5:04 PM

He fell with the rifle in the same episode, just a few minutes before they set up for the shot.

KBird on August 12, 2011 at 5:36 PM

Palin isn’t running, despite the fervent desires of her many stalkers.

Just look at Fox, and how they forced Santorum and Gingrich off the air at the first sign they were serious about running, and how they forced Huck to decide so early. Yet Sarah is still on . . . seems they are either giving her special treatment, or they know something the rest of us don’t.

It makes sense, though. She’s young and has plenty of time for further ambitions. In another cycle Willow and Piper will be off to college and not quite the vulnerable targets for the venomous left. In the meantime, she can help Republicans around the country, raise her family, and make a little money. Nothing wrong with that.

Adjoran on August 12, 2011 at 5:36 PM

I agree. Some so called supporters seem to feel they have better judgement then her. It amazes me that they can’t take her at her word. If she does not announce by the end of Sept then I could understand their feelings. Not know. She is still the best in the field.

derft on August 12, 2011 at 5:17 PM

Yeah. I try to think what I would be doing if she announced today she wasn’t running. And it’s pretty much the exact same thing I’ll be doing today if she says nothing.

I don’t think anyone who is yelling for her to declare now would suddenly TODAY start donating tons of money and hitting phone banks for their guy. And if she’s in…well until she announces you can enjoy your family, go on a picnic, catch a movie, whatever fun thing you’d like.

What’s the urgency?

miConsevative on August 12, 2011 at 5:37 PM

2. He’s been governor of Texas since 1998, elected three times, so he’s got lots of executive experience.

SlaveDog on August 12, 2011 at 5:27 PM

Um, W was governor of Texas until he became president in 2000.

Perry was lieutenant governor at the time and became governor when W went to DC.

cozmo on August 12, 2011 at 5:37 PM

Adjoran on August 12, 2011 at 5:36 PM

Dude…if you can’t tell by her polite nods, but not resounding support for the other candidates that she’s in. If you can’t see that, you might want to visit your ophthalmologist.

miConsevative on August 12, 2011 at 5:38 PM

Pasalubong on August 12, 2011 at 5:34 PM

PDS? because instead of dealing with the contents of the post you decided to instead try to defelct from the post. but you are very transperant in the attempt. so let me repeat:

She wore the press out:

Sarah Palin outlasted most of the few dozen reporters, photographers, and camerapeople who mobbed her on a visit to the Iowa State Fair that seemed aimed first of all at meeting the national press.

By the time she trudged up a dirt parking lot to the fair’s VIP area, only ten or so reporters were left, and we’d run out of questions. She looked up, seeming a bit startled by the silence, and drew a few more.

Then she vanished to shake hands with the Fair’s sponsors and other worthies. Her staff, though, returned with corn dogs for the press.

If that isn’t detente…

unseen on August 12, 2011 at 5:38 PM

Adjoran on August 12, 2011 at 5:36 PM

Hey Sparky, opinions are a dime a dozen….

idesign on August 12, 2011 at 5:39 PM

“Rickrollers”.

ddrintn on August 12, 2011 at 5:28 PM

I like it. I’m in.

derft on August 12, 2011 at 5:39 PM

Anyone who can drop and gut a carabou and look that good must become the next president.

Better an Annie Oakley than another faux messiah with a radically leftist agenda.

Don L on August 12, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Adjoran on August 12, 2011 at 5:36 PM

Probably the former, since if Fox knew that she’s not running someone would’ve leaked it by now.

And by the way, her “stalkers” seem to be the ones who hate her guts more than her fans.

ddrintn on August 12, 2011 at 5:40 PM

But I need a little clarification on his immigration stand…

right2bright on August 12, 2011 at 5:31 PM

You’re tight. There’s that. As long as the House holds the line, it’s not a big concern for me.

SlaveDog on August 12, 2011 at 5:40 PM

At least with Perry in, and if Palin joins the fray, we won’t be stuck with “The Good, the Bad, and the Meh…“

kingsjester on August 12, 2011 at 5:31 PM

Right. And we’ll finally have 3 MEN in the mix – Perry, Palin and Bachmann.

miConsevative on August 12, 2011 at 5:40 PM

rick perry and his good buddy’s at ACORN!

oh, little ricky, your gonna be so sorry you were dumb enough to get in this thing

sidewinder22 on August 12, 2011 at 5:41 PM

But I need a little clarification on his immigration stand…

right2bright on August 12, 2011 at 5:31 PM

I’ve got that and the TransTexas Corridor or whatever it’s called imminent domain/money pit issue on my list of things to learn more about.

miConsevative on August 12, 2011 at 5:42 PM

Adjoran on August 12, 2011 at 5:36 PM

If fox suspends her they destory the narrative that they have been pushing for months that she isn’t running. therefore Fox will not do that because they want to continue the narrative.

unseen on August 12, 2011 at 5:42 PM

Romney, and Bachmann…..THAT is how you deal with a hostile media.

csdeven on August 12, 2011 at 5:22 PM

Ah, Bachmann, is being made into a joke by the media or a crazy person, and “the media” is treating their preferred candidate Romney the way they are because they want him to be the Republican nominee – once he is, they’ll pile on to no end.

Sarah Palin does handle the media like Ronald Reagan, with humor and well deserved mockery. More Republicans should do the same. Oh and its not as if they’ve ever acted in a way toward her which deserves anything but contempt or loathing.

Dancing to the medias tune is not, or should not be the measure one views one’s candidates with. Hurth their feelings? Don’t care, break their rules? Don’t care. Get hem to follow you around on your scheduled +1, make them seek you out +1. Bring your message directly to the people +++1.

I want to see more GOPers treat the establishment media like the Democrat allies which they really are.

Sharr on August 12, 2011 at 5:43 PM

unseen on August 12, 2011 at 5:38 PM

Trust me, unseen, there wasn’t any grand conspiracy to magically delfect the entire content of a hotair post by making fun of you. Rather, I just thought if Sarah’s reading this, and if any of her kids have bunnies, maybe she should hide them before you boil them.

Pasalubong on August 12, 2011 at 5:43 PM

cozmo on August 12, 2011 at 5:37 PM

So what? He was elected to three more terms after that. And he was the elected Lt. Governor when Bush left.

SlaveDog on August 12, 2011 at 5:43 PM

IMHO, it’s a little early for the polls to mean much. I do know a little bit about Perry and I think he’s a winner. You can research his record, warts and all and draw your own conclusion, but I’ll summarize what I think his strong points are;

SlaveDog on August 12, 2011 at 5:27 PM

Polls have meant a hell of a lot over the past 3 years telling us that Palin is hopelessly unelectable. And since when does one’s record and stance on the issues have anything to do with it?

ddrintn on August 12, 2011 at 5:43 PM

little ricky perry was AL GORES campaign manager!

sidewinder22 on August 12, 2011 at 5:44 PM

What’s the urgency?

miConsevative on August 12, 2011 at 5:37 PM

I’m with you on this. If I lose a fish or ruin a shot -the danged things will only be bigger and better tommorrow -I’ll wait. She’s like fine wine -aging perfectly and the barrel will be tapped at the appropriate time -not a moment too soon.

Don L on August 12, 2011 at 5:44 PM

Sounds like Palin spent the day forgetting she’s supposed to be fooling people into thinking that she’s not running (via @RealClearScott)
about 1 hour ago from web

idesign on August 12, 2011 at 5:44 PM

Romney, and Bachmann…..THAT is how you deal with a hostile media.

csdeven on August 12, 2011 at 5:22 PM

Yeah. Cause Newsweek was so nice to Bachmann with that cover, and by all the video I’ve seen from the bus tour, the media has their knives honed for Palin. Oh wait…

miConsevative on August 12, 2011 at 5:45 PM

rick perry and his good buddy’s at ACORN!

sidewinder22 on August 12, 2011 at 5:41 PM

Oh geeze, one trick pony. You tried that yesterday. Old news.

Leftys didn’t like it either

cozmo on August 12, 2011 at 5:46 PM

What’s the urgency?

miConsevative on August 12, 2011 at 5:37 PM

Don’t really care when she announces as long as she continues to advance towards a decision. Not a big fan of her sitting still and going dark for times.

unseen on August 12, 2011 at 5:46 PM

sidewinder22 on August 12, 2011 at 5:44 PM

I don’t that will trip him up– he’ll just do a “My, how I’ve grown!” line to put that fire out. The media will get him on his evangelical stuff, grades, etc.

Pasalubong on August 12, 2011 at 5:46 PM

Hey Sparky, opinions are a dime a dozen….

idesign on August 12, 2011 at 5:39 PM

To heck you say!..Really..:)

Dire Straits on August 12, 2011 at 5:47 PM

SlaveDog on August 12, 2011 at 5:43 PM

Tryin’ to help you dude. You have Perry taking the state’s top office three years early.

cozmo on August 12, 2011 at 5:47 PM

SlaveDog on August 12, 2011 at 5:40 PM

You should be. The President sets the agenda and the tone. At least wait until his first debate to see what he has to say.

derft on August 12, 2011 at 5:47 PM

Sarah Palin still has a HUGE problem with Independent voters, which Perry does not. If Perry catches fire soon, it would probably be better for everyone if Palin stays out of the race. If she campaigns for Perry, she might be rewarded with a Cabinet position at Energy or Interior.

Steve Z on August 12, 2011 at 5:16 PM

Not according to the latest CNN/OPR poll.

Among Independents:

Obama 48%
Palin 41%

Interviews with 1,008 adult Americans conducted by telephone
by ORC International on August 5-7, 2011. The margin of
sampling error for results based on the total sample is plus or minus 3 percentage points. The sample also includes 930 interviews among registered voters (plus or minus 3 percentage points).

Note: Palin’s numbers will likely increase is she becomes a candidate.

Link below. See page 10 for Independent data.

SheetAnchor on August 12, 2011 at 5:48 PM

Hey Sparky, opinions are a dime a dozen….

idesign on August 12, 2011 at 5:39 PM

If only yours commanded that high of a price.

MadisonConservative on August 12, 2011 at 5:49 PM

But I need a little clarification on his immigration stand…

right2bright on August 12, 2011 at 5:31 PM

how’s this for starters:

perry signed into law a dream act for illegals, which among other things, gave them in-state tuition rates.

and perry is clearly an open borders guy, with sactuary cities littering the landscape of texas

“Rick Perry is rapidly becoming known as a politician who talks a good game, but whose actions belie his words. Last year, he waved the bloody shirt of secession, which horrified the New York Times…until they dug deeper and found that Perry wasn’t just talking about seceding. He was aiming to hook up with Mexico in order to fulfill his “shared with [Mexican President] Vincente Fox for open borders.”

sidewinder22 on August 12, 2011 at 5:49 PM

I have to tell you that fact hasn’t been lost on anyone. It appears you have a penchant for backing candidates that use their supporters for a hidden agenda that does not include actually running for POTUS.

csdeven on August 12, 2011 at 5:12 PM

Oh, do be sure and enlighten us as to what Fred’s “hidden agenda” was, and try to do it without insulting his wife’s looks, as you did four years ago at this time.

MadisonConservative on August 12, 2011 at 5:50 PM

Palin is worth the wait, in the meantime I’ll sit back and watch the show.

tinkerthinker on August 12, 2011 at 5:51 PM

unseen on August 12, 2011 at 5:46 PM

I’d say those times are over. You can see the evolution of her answers. She’s not praising the other candidates as wholeheartedly as she did in the past and is starting to point out their weak points as well as focusing a bit more on her record and experience.

She had to finish training the media, and by the look of that paste about the corndogs you posted, their just about ready.

miConsevative on August 12, 2011 at 5:52 PM

Hey Sparky, opinions are a dime a dozen….

idesign on August 12, 2011 at 5:39 PM

They’re even free around here.

DarkCurrent on August 12, 2011 at 5:53 PM

Nope, to me they’re “Rickrollers”. They’re worse than we Palinistas ever were: Perry can do absolutely no wrong; he may lose Iowa and NH but on the momentum from those losses he’ll go on to a crushing victory in SC —where Nikki Haley will already have endorsed Romney —and THEN he’ll sew up the nomination by Super Tuesday and go on to beat Obama in a 45-state landslide. I swear, I’ve seen those very predictions here.

ddrintn on August 12, 2011 at 5:28 PM

I have been partial to “Perrystroikas” but I think Rickrollers is probably the winner.

Kataklysmic on August 12, 2011 at 5:55 PM

cozmo on August 12, 2011 at 5:47 PM

Took over in 2000 and was elected in 2002, 2006 and 2010, no? Did I get the dates wrong – if so, my bad.

SlaveDog on August 12, 2011 at 5:55 PM

miConsevative on August 12, 2011 at 5:52 PM

I thought the media was starting to see reality last week when they ran her FB post without a lot of snark.

derft on August 12, 2011 at 5:56 PM

Perry would wipe the floor with Palin.

Bishop on August 12, 2011 at 5:57 PM

Steve Z on August 12, 2011 at 5:16 PM

lol, yeah, ok. listen up – SHE IS NOT BACKING PERRY. he’s a huge rino and palin knows it.

dont you get it yet? or you are just not accepting it? palin is running. and there is no one that can beat her. she’s been poking perry’s eye the last few days and gradually exposing him, in a way only she can. why would she be doing that if she is backing him? this theory is comical

sidewinder22 on August 12, 2011 at 5:58 PM

derft on August 12, 2011 at 5:56 PM

Yup. Which I doubt would have happened if she had been trying to kiss their @sses the whole time. They all want her to boost their ratings. She’s told them she won’t give it to the networks that misrepresent her. And they know she means it.

Advantage Palin.

miConsevative on August 12, 2011 at 5:58 PM

to me they’re “Rickrollers

ddrintn on August 12, 2011 at 5:28 PM

OMG! Hahahahaaaaa!

tinkerthinker on August 12, 2011 at 5:59 PM

Perry would wipe the floor with Palin.

Bishop on August 12, 2011 at 5:57 PM

LOL perry wouldnt even have his current job if palin didnt go in there and save his ass.

sidewinder22 on August 12, 2011 at 5:59 PM

She’s definitely in. You don’t go to the Iowa State Fair just to see a state fair and announce ” I don’t want to string my followers along”. If she wanted to endorse another candidate she could do it quite easily from Wasilla w/o all the hassle.

JimK on August 12, 2011 at 6:00 PM

Excellent. Shore lunch tonight!

Bishop on August 12, 2011 at 6:01 PM

Advantage Palin.

miConsevative on August 12, 2011 at 5:58 PM

Roger that.

SheetAnchor on August 12, 2011 at 6:01 PM

Steve Z on August 12, 2011 at 5:27 PM

DarkCurrent on August 12, 2011 at 5:33 PM

If you had watched SPA’s you would know that Gov. Palin pays alot of attention to how the rifle will kick. She probably had a bad experience with a rifle kick.

oldyeller on August 12, 2011 at 6:03 PM

Bishop on August 12, 2011 at 6:01 PM

LoL!..Bishop you are the man..:)

Dire Straits on August 12, 2011 at 6:03 PM

Perry makes Al Gore’s day.

Schadenfreude on August 12, 2011 at 6:05 PM

sidewinder22 on August 12, 2011 at 5:59 PM

I thought you were full of it with all the other not-smart things you write.

This proves it. Just who do ya’ think he would have lost to?
White – big joke
Hutchison – bigger joke
Medina – you have gone completely around the bend.

Okay smart guy, back up your statement.

cozmo on August 12, 2011 at 6:05 PM

Internet groupie.

Or perhaps “Grouper” would be a better term in this case.

Bishop on August 12, 2011 at 6:06 PM

Perry would wipe the floor with Palin.

Bishop on August 12, 2011 at 5:57 PM

sidewinder22 on August 12, 2011 at 5:59 PM

I love politics.

SlaveDog on August 12, 2011 at 6:06 PM

Pasalubong on August 12, 2011 at 5:43 PM

seriously you want to act like a child and personally attack posters for no reason have fun with it. whatever floats your boat. I figured most people gave up on that immaturity after grade school. One of the nice things about hotair is most posters don’t attack others for no reason but you seem to be an exception. Oh well always a couple in the barrel.

unseen on August 12, 2011 at 6:07 PM

I didn’t read it, but from the snarky headline, I think Ace is having a conniption fit Palin went to Iowa.

Sharr on August 12, 2011 at 6:07 PM

JimK on August 12, 2011 at 6:00 PM

Good point. I hope you prove to be right.

KickandSwimMom on August 12, 2011 at 6:08 PM

perry is an open borders amnesty pusher – “they dug deeper and found that Perry wasn’t just talking about seceding. He was aiming to hook up with Mexico in order to fulfill his “shared with [Mexican President] Vincente Fox for open borders.”

perry passed a texas dream act giving illegals in-state tuition, among other things

oh little ricky, your gonna be sorry you got into this thing. you should have just stayed in your cushy job, (that palin got for you), and continued to scam the people of texas.

sidewinder22 on August 12, 2011 at 6:09 PM

oldyeller on August 12, 2011 at 6:03 PM

I’ve only seen the one episode. Why doesn’t she just expect it to kick? It’s a caribou hunting rifle after all.

My petite Chinese wife has only fired hunting rifles a few times (dropped mine right in the dirt the first time!). She’s already got enough experience to expect a kick now.

DarkCurrent on August 12, 2011 at 6:11 PM

sidewinder22 on August 12, 2011 at 6:09 PM

As opposed to you just scamming the folks here?

cozmo on August 12, 2011 at 6:12 PM

Sharr on August 12, 2011 at 6:07 PM

Ace swings back and forth on his bipolar cycle about Palin, from “Give me more Moose-belle!” to banning Palin supporters. However, that article was by Drew M, who is a confessed Palin hater.

VidOmnia on August 12, 2011 at 6:13 PM

Sharr on August 12, 2011 at 6:07 PM

VidOmnia on August 12, 2011 at 6:13 PM

Oh I only clicked over there quickly. And now that I know the author, well, that explains the snark.

Sharr on August 12, 2011 at 6:15 PM

Just watched the Palin interview on CNN. It was great! Don Lemon said that she answered every question, with no talking points and said he was very impressed with Palin. Then Don Lemon tried to interview Bachman and her aids pushed him away and wouldn’t let him ask any questions. According to him the pushed him so hard that he slammed his into a tent poll.

Differences…

idesign on August 12, 2011 at 6:17 PM

“Palin’s 7 Minute CNN Interview Shows A Leader At Top Of Her Form: Savvy, Intelligent, Knowledgeable”

sidewinder22 on August 12, 2011 at 6:17 PM

“This wide ranging non-Fox interview blows away the left’s theme that Palin “only talks to Fox”-not only that but she comes across as a deep thinker, highly aware of people and issues and, in stark contrast to president Obama, as a leader.”

- m. joseph sheppard

sidewinder22 on August 12, 2011 at 6:18 PM

Head..

idesign on August 12, 2011 at 6:19 PM

Perry would wipe the floor with Palin.

Bishop on August 12, 2011 at 5:57 PM

They’re both unelectable.

MadisonConservative on August 12, 2011 at 6:21 PM

I love politics.

SlaveDog on August 12, 2011 at 6:06 PM

lol. but its true

perry was losing this race before palin went in there, and would have if she didnt

sidewinder22 on August 12, 2011 at 6:22 PM

SlaveDog on August 12, 2011 at 5:55 PM

Since you asked, you wrote that he was first elected as governor in 1998.

Al in St. Lou on August 12, 2011 at 6:22 PM

sidewinder22 on August 12, 2011 at 6:17 PM

Another nail in the meme she only does FOX. But let me guess the interview won’t count for some reason of “superior intellectual” gymnastics…

Sharr on August 12, 2011 at 6:22 PM

idesign on August 12, 2011 at 6:17 PM

Don Lemon???? Unbelievable.

derft on August 12, 2011 at 6:22 PM

They’re both unelectable.

MadisonConservative on August 12, 2011 at 6:21 PM

Either, and an orange juice can should beat Obama, the Nothing.

Schadenfreude on August 12, 2011 at 6:23 PM

They’re both unelectable.

MadisonConservative on August 12, 2011 at 6:21 PM

MadCon, you’re a newlywed — congrats to you, the wife not so much — what are you doing here?…

Gohawgs on August 12, 2011 at 6:24 PM

That’s precisely what I’m afraid of. I supported Thompson. I support Palin. I don’t want another disappointment followed up by a nominee that sucks.

MadisonConservative on August 12, 2011 at 5:06 PM

Perry would wipe the floor with Palin.

Bishop on August 12, 2011 at 5:57 PM

They’re both unelectable.

MadisonConservative on August 12, 2011 at 6:21 PM

I know I am old, but, I am really confused.

derft on August 12, 2011 at 6:26 PM

lol. but its true

sidewinder22 on August 12, 2011 at 6:22 PM

No, it isn’t.

And of the three links you provided, they show that you are ignorant of what you write. The link to Free republic isn’t even about the claim you made.

cozmo on August 12, 2011 at 6:27 PM

Schadenfreude on August 12, 2011 at 6:23 PM

My statement was in the same spirit as, I believe, Bishop’s was.

Gohawgs on August 12, 2011 at 6:24 PM

Relaxing after work, and waiting for her to get home from hers.

MadisonConservative on August 12, 2011 at 6:27 PM

Palin Lays Out What Her Campaign Would Look Like

Viator on August 12, 2011 at 6:27 PM

At least he’s not afraid to run like……

PappyD61 on August 12, 2011 at 6:27 PM

“Anybody But Obowma!”

Works for me…

… except if Ron Paul wins, I really envision him running around the White House in his pajamas and a dirty robe, with one slipper missing.

Seven Percent Solution on August 12, 2011 at 6:29 PM

I’m watching her handle the media in the video clip attached to this post…what did she do wrong?

VidOmnia on August 12, 2011 at 5:27 PM

I thought she did okay in this interview. She still overused adjectives, but not as bad as she usually does.

csdeven on August 12, 2011 at 6:29 PM

Palin Lays Out What Her Campaign Would Look Like

She’s running….

idesign on August 12, 2011 at 6:29 PM

Sharr on August 12, 2011 at 5:43 PM

And hence Palin is despised by many Americans for acting like a petulant child on the one hand and demanding to sit at the adult table on the other.

csdeven on August 12, 2011 at 6:31 PM

Excellent. Shore lunch tonight!

Bishop on August 12, 2011 at 6:01 PM

You know, sooner or later you won’t get a nibble, ever. Everyone will swim away when they see you coming and you’ll be reduced to using dynamite to feed yourself.

Course you’ll catch quite a lot using dynamite the first time but eventually it will be nothing but a dry hole.

Vince on August 12, 2011 at 6:32 PM