Fox News exclusive: Perry aides confirm that he’s running for president

posted at 4:05 pm on August 11, 2011 by Allahpundit

He all but confirmed it himself in his interview with Halperin, but this is the first hard “yes” to come out of his camp after weeks and weeks and weeks of teasing. It’s newsworthy if only for that reason, although I’m intrigued by the timing of the leak. Why not wait another 48 hours and let him end the suspense himself on Saturday? Are they a tiny bit spooked by Palin’s arrival in Iowa, maybe, and looking to preempt that with solid news about him running? Or is this all about ensuring that his name is mentioned at the debate tonight?

Texas Gov. Rick Perry will make “a definitive announcement that he is in the 2012 race for the presidency Saturday,” aides told Fox News.

The language is significant. For several days the Perry camp has said he would signal his intentions and announce later.

“This is it,” the sources explain. No exploratory committee, no more deliberation.

Speaking of the Halperin interview, Ace is totally right that Perry made a bad mistake in gossiping about the conversation he had with Latvia’s prime minister about Obama. It humiliates a sitting president who, like it or not, is in charge of foreign affairs for another 15 months and it humiliates the Latvian PM by putting him on the spot over what was, almost certainly, supposed to be a confidential chat. I think this is more a case of Perry being absentminded than deliberately setting out to breach that confidence, but he can’t let it happen again.

Via the Daily Caller, here’s Joe Scarborough dumping on him this morning for praying a bit more publicly than he’d like. Meanwhile, Tom Tancredo’s tearing Perry to shreds in Politico for being much softer on amnesty than he’d like. He’s too far right for the centrists and too far towards the center for the right — not a bad place to be for a guy trying to triangulate between Romney and Bachmann. Besides, if he and Romney do end up in a two-man race, does anyone think Mitt will be taken seriously if he tries to beat Perry by becoming some sort of table-pounding border enforcer? C’mon.

Update: More confirmation. He’s in.

Update: At Townhall, Dwayne Horner has more details:

Stories started surfacing earlier this week saying that Perry, the longest serving chief executive in Texas history, would use the conservative gathering to remove all speculation about a run for the White House. Sources revealed to Townhall yesterday that the Governor’s children, Griffin and Sydney, have been told to clear their schedules starting Friday so they could be “with their father at this special time.”…

With the confirmation that Perry will indeed be a candidate, speculation is that a formal announcement is in the works during Labor Day weekend in either Austin or on the Texas A&M campus.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 5

Good! The more the merrier.

DrAllecon on August 11, 2011 at 4:08 PM

The big question: who will McCain partner with this time to create amnesty that a potential President Perry will boost as much as Bush did the last time around?

MadisonConservative on August 11, 2011 at 4:08 PM

Hasn’t Perry himself pretty much confirmed he’s in?

catmman on August 11, 2011 at 4:09 PM

Go Rick Go…

Time to treat Mr. Soetoro’s policies like a rabid coyote

phreshone on August 11, 2011 at 4:09 PM

Still a very good interview. And I’m glad to see Perry finally getting in(albeit not officially for another 48 hours). It’s put up or shut up time for Palin. If she hasn’t said something within the next 3 weeks and change, she ain’t running.

Doughboy on August 11, 2011 at 4:09 PM

Open Borders lovin Used Car salesman from Texas to run for President!!!

1999 headline recycled for 2011.

GAG!!!!

PappyD61 on August 11, 2011 at 4:10 PM

That’s great, he’ll have answer some direct questions, how he answers them will decide how far he goes.

Speakup on August 11, 2011 at 4:10 PM

Perry/Romney or Romney/Perry.

Let’s do this.

nickj116 on August 11, 2011 at 4:10 PM

And he does it at the correct time for him to avoid the entire debate tonight. Why was Perry afraid to debate tonight?

unseen on August 11, 2011 at 4:10 PM

Romney vs. Perry in a general election would be an interesting contest. In the primary, however, Romney doesn’t have a chance.

Splashman on August 11, 2011 at 4:11 PM

MadCon to post a host of links in the Green Room exposing Perry as a card carrying liberal in 5…4…3…2…1…

fossten on August 11, 2011 at 4:11 PM

Okey doke

C’mon in, the water is fine

cmsinaz on August 11, 2011 at 4:12 PM

Go Rick Go…

Time to treat Mr. Soetoro’s policies like a rabid coyote

phreshone on August 11, 2011 at 4:09 PM

I thought you birfers prefered Debra Medina to Mr. Perry.

Red Cloud on August 11, 2011 at 4:12 PM

Stand by for the media pile-on.

Chip on August 11, 2011 at 4:12 PM

You already knew it was coming, but this is great to just do it! I still don’t think Palin will run and hope she endorses him. He’s a winner!

cartooner on August 11, 2011 at 4:12 PM

fossten on August 11, 2011 at 4:11 PM

I did that weeks ago. Apparently Tancredo agrees.

MadisonConservative on August 11, 2011 at 4:13 PM

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Bring it on!

gophergirl on August 11, 2011 at 4:13 PM

MadisonConservative on August 11, 2011 at 4:08 PM

gee maybe Perry will pick Palin for VP, since she was all aboard the shamnesty express in her last run for office.

windansea on August 11, 2011 at 4:14 PM

Splashman on August 11, 2011 at 4:11 PM

How could Romney and Perry run against each other in a general election? Oh, you mean if Mitt dropped the act and ran as a Democrat? Okay, I gotcha.

Kataklysmic on August 11, 2011 at 4:15 PM

Perry/Romney or Romney/Perry.

Let’s do this.

nickj116 on August 11, 2011 at 4:10 PM

Forget Romney. It could be Guiliani…

cartooner on August 11, 2011 at 4:15 PM

cartooner on August 11, 2011 at 4:12 PM

don’t understand this endorsement thing. I could care less if Perry endorses Palin. She doesn’t need it for her to win. Seems most Perry supporters think Perry can’t win without a Palin endorsement. Very weak candidate if that is what you all are hoping for.

unseen on August 11, 2011 at 4:15 PM

Forget Romney. It could be Guiliani…

cartooner on August 11, 2011 at 4:15 PM

I read that – that could make things very very interesting.

gophergirl on August 11, 2011 at 4:15 PM

Perry-palooza! Fine by me, I’m all in for the Governor. He’ll struggle in the debates, but he’ll get through it and then crush Obama in the general.

Schweggie on August 11, 2011 at 4:16 PM

I think it’s a combo of getting his name into tonight’s debate as well as pissing on the Ames Straw Poll’s relevance.

Who will care that Romney, T-Paw, or Ron Paul wins in Ames if the 500-pound gorilla in the race wasn’t on the ballot?

teke184 on August 11, 2011 at 4:16 PM

windansea on August 11, 2011 at 4:14 PM

Perry: opposed SB1070, proposed the TTC, and suggested “bi-national health insurance”.

Palin: “We won’t complicate it any more. Let’s keep it simple and let’s say, ‘No, if you are here illegally and you don’t follow the steps that at some point through immigration reform we’re going to be able to provide, and that is to somehow allow you to work. If you’re not going to do that, you will be deported you will be gone.”

Keep pushing that broken comparison.

MadisonConservative on August 11, 2011 at 4:17 PM

Q: How many Aggies does it take to be President?

A: Just one.

Let the Aggie jokes begin!

It’s O.K. I’m authorized.

SlaveDog on August 11, 2011 at 4:17 PM

Forget Romney. It could be Guiliani…

cartooner on August 11, 2011 at 4:15 PM

I like Giuliani a lot. Have said for a while now he’d make a fine VP. And Perry likes him a lot. Could be a great match.

Conservative Republican + Center-Right Republican. Both likable. Could work.

nickj116 on August 11, 2011 at 4:18 PM

Catch you all at the open thread tonight…..margaritas will be ready

cmsinaz on August 11, 2011 at 4:19 PM

unseen on August 11, 2011 at 4:15 PM

I think people are just trying to guess what she’s doing. If the situation was reversed – people would be doing the same thing about Perry.

gophergirl on August 11, 2011 at 4:19 PM

He just covets the spotlight.

Kensington on August 11, 2011 at 4:20 PM

Totally disagree. Three points:

1. Ace hasn’t been right about anything for a long time.
2. Humiliating Obama is a big plus in my book.
3. I happen to know a bit about the Latvian PM, and he would not be humiliated. He hates Obama.

Norwegian on August 11, 2011 at 4:20 PM

I did that weeks ago. Apparently Tancredo agrees.

MadisonConservative on August 11, 2011 at 4:13 PM

Tancrazy not liking him is a positive thing for RP!

Perry 2012!

annoyinglittletwerp on August 11, 2011 at 4:21 PM

unseen on August 11, 2011 at 4:15 PM

Perry doesn’t need Palin’s endorsement(assuming she sits out 2012). But it sure would help vault him to immediate frontrunner status. The last thing we want is for Perry and Bachmann to split the conservative and Tea Party vote and pave the way for Mittens to win the nomination.

Doughboy on August 11, 2011 at 4:21 PM

unseen on August 11, 2011 at 4:15 PM

They’re friends, but He doesn’t need her in the primary, and if she doesn’t endorse the GOP candidate in the general, then she’ll have been a big liability all along.

cartooner on August 11, 2011 at 4:21 PM

The Left is going to wet themselves over Perry getting in.

It’s the Second Coming of Boooooooosh!

jondun5 on August 11, 2011 at 4:22 PM

windansea on August 11, 2011 at 4:14 PM

*ring, ring*

Hello

Hi Sarah, this is John McCain. I would like to extend you the honor of serving as my vice president

Kataklysmic on August 11, 2011 at 4:22 PM

gophergirl on August 11, 2011 at 4:19 PM

no not really. If it was reversed (i.e Perry was dark for the month of July) nobody would care what Perry was doing.

unseen on August 11, 2011 at 4:23 PM

MadisonConservative on August 11, 2011 at 4:17 PM

Tired bunch of nothing.

cartooner on August 11, 2011 at 4:23 PM

If Perry can’t beat Romney, he can at least foil the next Dr. Doofenshmirtz plot.

YYZ on August 11, 2011 at 4:24 PM

Tancrazy not liking him is a positive thing for RP!

Perry 2012!

annoyinglittletwerp on August 11, 2011 at 4:21 PM

Finally huh!

I want a shirt – wonder if they’ll have them soon.

gophergirl on August 11, 2011 at 4:24 PM

Amen, brother!

Glad to have someone on board, aside Palin if she does announce, that this conservative here would be more than willing to support AND who is able to trounce both Romney and Obama.

TheRightMan on August 11, 2011 at 4:24 PM

YYZ on August 11, 2011 at 4:24 PM

Lol. My kids watch that show. It’s actually fairly clever.

Kataklysmic on August 11, 2011 at 4:25 PM

Let the Aggie jokes begin!

It’s O.K. I’m authorized.

SlaveDog on August 11, 2011 at 4:17 PM

Why did three Aggies drown when their pickup truck went into the lake?

They couldn’t get the tailgate down.

teke184 on August 11, 2011 at 4:26 PM

The Left is going to wet themselves over Perry getting in.

It’s the Second Coming of Boooooooosh!

jondun5 on August 11, 2011 at 4:22 PM

If the left wants to hand 2012 over to the GOP, let them. Running against Bush is just about the stupidest thing they could do. It’ll make Obama look desperate to hide from his record(which he is) and confirm that he’s nothing more than the blamer-in-chief.

Doughboy on August 11, 2011 at 4:26 PM

cartooner on August 11, 2011 at 4:21 PM

Why wouldn’t endorse the GOp nominee in the general. Of course she is going to endorse herself.

If he doesn’t need her in the primary then his supporters should stop hoping for her endorsement which is my point. It seems you all want her to endorse Perry. It really makes Perry look weak if all his supporters are hoping Palin saves his as*. Just doesn’t make sense to me. Don’t her Mittbots saying I hope Palin endorses Mitt or timmy supporters say I hope Palin endorses Timmy. If Perry supporters continue this talkign point they will create a narative that Perry needs Palin to win. i think you all do a disserve to Perry on this.

unseen on August 11, 2011 at 4:26 PM

Doughboy on August 11, 2011 at 4:09 PM

I’ve been hearing the same thing since May.

miConsevative on August 11, 2011 at 4:27 PM

I’m curious how many people think NumbersUSA is a crank organization. They’re the same folks who produced this quite informative video.

MadisonConservative on August 11, 2011 at 4:28 PM

gophergirl on August 11, 2011 at 4:19 PM

There’s no use being nice to the Palin-zombie unseen, all it does is bite.

cartooner on August 11, 2011 at 4:29 PM

*ring, ring*

Hello

Hi Sharah, thish ish John McCain. I would like to exhtend you the honor of sherving ash my vice preshident

I’m sorry John, but I don’t agree with your position on Amnesty. Better go with Mitt or Lieberman. You betcha. Excuse me just a minute, Senator.

PIPER! Put down that AK-47 this instant! Bristol! Have you finished faking those medical records so that our pregnancy conspiracy is air tight? Todd! Do you think that airplane ride right before the fake birth is going to be a problem? No, you’re right — only the lunatics will bark at that.

Senator, I gotta go. You betcha.

Kataklysmic on August 11, 2011 at 4:22 PM

I fixed that for you.

Kensington on August 11, 2011 at 4:30 PM

unseen on August 11, 2011 at 4:26 PM

Funny, but your right. I have never once thought aboutwho I hope endorses Palin. I’ve just always assumed once she gets in, she would win over supporters of some of the others – based and her ideas, experience and qualifications. Not some free ride because someone else tells people to vote for her.

miConsevative on August 11, 2011 at 4:30 PM

There’s no use being nice to the Palin-zombie unseen, all it does is bite.

cartooner on August 11, 2011 at 4:29 PM

He’s okay – we’ve had our differences but he’s respectful to me and that’s all I can ask.

gophergirl on August 11, 2011 at 4:30 PM

Yippie eye o kai ay.

Akzed on August 11, 2011 at 4:30 PM

Good! The more the merrier.

DrAllecon on August 11, 2011 at 4:08 PM

Agree! Glad he’s jumping in. ANYONE BUT OBAMA!

kerrhome on August 11, 2011 at 4:30 PM

Saw Obamas’ Chavez like screed today- he is going to run blaming everyone and being bombastic about it. Pure class hatred garbage.
Perry will not wilt or cave but meet this guy ,blow for blow and really rev up the base and conservative Indys.
If he can handle the national spotlight and ignore the media smear campaign, he’s got the style that is perfect to fight the President.

jjshaka on August 11, 2011 at 4:30 PM

Doughboy on August 11, 2011 at 4:21 PM

See that is what i’m saying why does Perry need Palin to vault him into frontrunner status. If Perry was this great candidate should he already be in frontrunner status. If Perry can’t beat Bachmann without Palin maybe he isn’t the bee’s knees you all keep saying he is. Palin won’t need Perry’s endorsement to vault into frontrunner status when she declares. I would hope the loser of the two endorses the winner after they compete for the victory.

the complete need by perry supporters for a Palin endorsement protrays major weakness intheir candidate.

i don’t think you all understand how weak it makes Perry apeear that he needs a woman to save him from Bachmann and mitt.

unseen on August 11, 2011 at 4:31 PM

YeeHaw!

I have some Perry problems but certainly no moreso than anyone else out there. Palin or Perry or both in some capacity. At least now I have someone in I am excited about!

XWing5 on August 11, 2011 at 4:31 PM

Catch you all at the open thread tonight…..margaritas will be ready

cmsinaz on August 11, 2011 at 4:19 PM

Mango?

katy the mean old lady on August 11, 2011 at 4:32 PM

I’ve been hearing the same thing since May.

miConsevative on August 11, 2011 at 4:27 PM

It would’ve been foolish to announce that early. But the field is essentially set now except for her(I don’t see Christie or Ryan running). I already think she’s making a huge mistake by passing up this FoxNews debate tonight, but if her intention is to run and she doesn’t announce by September 3 at that Iowa rally, then I don’t know what she’s thinking.

Doughboy on August 11, 2011 at 4:32 PM

*ring, ring*

Hello

I’d be honored John, and I have no problem pandering to latinos and supporting shamnesty because in the future I can pretend I never did this and my deluded supporters will cover for me and say I didn’t mean it.

Kataklysmic on August 11, 2011 at 4:22 PM

FIFY

windansea on August 11, 2011 at 4:32 PM

Finally huh!

I want a shirt – wonder if they’ll have them soon.

gophergirl on August 11, 2011 at 4:24 PM

Are any of these to your liking?

annoyinglittletwerp on August 11, 2011 at 4:33 PM

teke184 on August 11, 2011 at 4:16 PM

Isn’t “pissing on the Ames Straw Poll’s relevance” a good thing?

slickwillie2001 on August 11, 2011 at 4:33 PM

Aggie walks into a bar. Says “Ouch.”

Akzed on August 11, 2011 at 4:34 PM

TheRightMan on August 11, 2011 at 4:24 PM

agreed it’s good to know Mitt isn’t the default choice anymore if Palin doesn’t run. Perry is I think a good 2nd choiuce but the way some of his supporters act I have some reservations of making him a firm 2nd choice for me. But then what are the other options?

unseen on August 11, 2011 at 4:34 PM

Katy, let me see what I can do

cmsinaz on August 11, 2011 at 4:34 PM

MadisonConservative on August 11, 2011 at 4:08 PM

Erm… how about Romney/Pawlenty/Huntsman and any of the RINOs running to grow Govt. at a slower rate than Obama?

TheRightMan on August 11, 2011 at 4:34 PM

**** Paging Ambassador Bolton. Your services are needed in the 2012 Presidential Race****

TheQuestion on August 11, 2011 at 4:35 PM

My take on the timing issue: On FNC they aired Romney putting down hecklers this afternoon. It was a pretty good performance in that Romney wasn’t reticent and showed some spine. Kind of a prelude for tonight’s debate; look for a bulldog Romney presence. This would stand hard against Pawlenty trying to bash Romney(Obama)care should that arise, but also show that this Mormon won’t be trifled with. Maybe the Perry camp wanted to delfate Romney’s showing some grit and take the luster away from anyone else at tonight’s show.

Bob in VA on August 11, 2011 at 4:36 PM

MadisonConservative on August 11, 2011 at 4:28 PM

They are an anti-immigration organization, legal or illegal, which is just what the left accuses anybody of being that’s anti illegal immigration. Sorry, but they factor their anti immigrant stance in their grade which renders it meaningless to me.

cartooner on August 11, 2011 at 4:36 PM

FIFY

windansea on August 11, 2011 at 4:32 PM

Nice strawman. So basically you are saying that any person offered the VP job should either:

A) Not accept it if they disagree with any of the positions of the person on the top of the ticket; or

B) Publicy denounce those positions on the campaign trail creating a house divided against itself.

Got it.

Kataklysmic on August 11, 2011 at 4:36 PM

Get ‘em, Rick!

As much as I adore Sarah, I’m hoping she’ll throw her support to Perry, then continuing grooming toward the election of 2016 or 2020.

petefrt on August 11, 2011 at 4:36 PM

Maybe Perry is trying to deflect Romney’s reference to more than eight showing up in Iowa.

here’s Joe Scarborough dumping on him

The ‘him’ in this case, as is the case with every person Scarborough seems to dump on, is a conservative. I realize Joe works for MSNBC – not exactly a conservative bastion – but how often does Joe ‘dump on’ liberals?

VibrioCocci on August 11, 2011 at 4:36 PM

Are any of these to your liking?

annoyinglittletwerp on August 11, 2011 at 4:33 PM

I like the last one on the top – wonder if that comes in a sweatshirt. Being from Minnesota and all – I’ll get more wear out of that than a t-shirt.

gophergirl on August 11, 2011 at 4:36 PM

MadisonConservative on August 11, 2011 at 4:28 PM

I have major problems with numbers USa because their founder has a history supporting the population control I.e abortion .

unseen on August 11, 2011 at 4:36 PM

Doughboy on August 11, 2011 at 4:26 PM

As moronic as it sounds, that strategery will pay off with A LOT of the 53%-ers…

Remember, it’s the same American electorate from 2008 we’re dealing with here.

jondun5 on August 11, 2011 at 4:36 PM

unseen on August 11, 2011 at 4:31 PM

I’m not saying Perry needs Palin to win. He can beat Mittens and I have no doubt he’ll trounce Bachmann who, let’s be honest, has no real record to run on. But without a Palin endorsement, it’ll be a tougher hill to climb. Bachmann and Perry will be competing for a lot of the same voters which could lead to a scenario where they both tie for 2nd and Romney squeaks by as the winner.

Doughboy on August 11, 2011 at 4:37 PM

cartooner on August 11, 2011 at 4:36 PM

I’m very glad you are on HA :)

gophergirl on August 11, 2011 at 4:37 PM

If Perry is the nominee the Dems won’t need to run against Bush. Every time Perry speaks on camera he will remind indies of Bush for them.

Nominating Perry in 2012 would be like the Dems nominating, in 1984, a Georgian governor who looked and sounded like Carter.

Jon0815 on August 11, 2011 at 4:37 PM

Doughboy on August 11, 2011 at 4:32 PM

I could see her holding out until Sept 17th (Constitution Day) without a problem. I still haven’t gotten a good answer as to why she has to jump in ASAP – what does it benefit her? So far, the best I’ve gotten were actually from unseen, but even he admitted they were still iffy. I just figured, with so many people saying, “She has to jump in NOW!!!!!!!” there must be some benefit of her doing so, but so far, it just seems people want her in because they want to know NOW!!! Reminds me of Veruca in Willy Wonka.

miConsevative on August 11, 2011 at 4:38 PM

I’m glad Perry’s running, but he does need to prove he’s not another Dubya in Reagan clothing (even if the Bush machine hates him).

fiatboomer on August 11, 2011 at 4:38 PM

MadisonConservative on August 11, 2011 at 4:28 PM

Me. Get a lot of neo-nazi vibes from their site.

katy the mean old lady on August 11, 2011 at 4:39 PM

Let the Aggie jokes begin!

It’s O.K. I’m authorized.

SlaveDog on August 11, 2011 at 4:17 PM

I live Red Raider territory . I’ve been warned not to speak kindly of Aggies…unless I want to be UPS’d back to Chicago.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 11, 2011 at 4:39 PM

Well I guess this paves the way for Palin to become the nominee or something like that/

Knucklehead on August 11, 2011 at 4:39 PM

Not some free ride because someone else tells people to vote for her.

miConsevative on August 11, 2011 at 4:30 PM

weird isn’t it? I don’t think i have ever seen a bunc of supporters hoping for someone else to make their caniddate popular or a front runner. It is just so stupid of a talkign point I don’t think people have really thought about the logic of it and instead are just repeating the talkign point they heard somewhere. when you really stop and think about the talkign point it makes Perry look very weak.

unseen on August 11, 2011 at 4:39 PM

teke184 on August 11, 2011 at 4:16 PM

Isn’t “pissing on the Ames Straw Poll’s relevance” a good thing?

slickwillie2001 on August 11, 2011 at 4:33 PM

Absolutely.

teke184 on August 11, 2011 at 4:39 PM

Besides, if he and Romney do end up in a two-man race, does anyone seriously think Mitt will be taken seriously as some sort of table-pounding border enforcer? C’mon.

Say what you will about Romney on issues like healthcare and abortion but from what I’ve seen he’s always been tough on illegal immigration.

No, not a “table-pounder” but certainly not a Shamnesty supporter either.

The Ugly American on August 11, 2011 at 4:39 PM

unseen on August 11, 2011 at 4:31 PM

Yeah, yeah, yeah, she’s an army of one.

cartooner on August 11, 2011 at 4:40 PM

cartooner on August 11, 2011 at 4:36 PM

No, they aren’t anti-immigration. They’re against levels of immigration that our national resources and infrastructure are not equipped to handle, and that result in the lowering of standards of living for all citizens. Or are you claiming that one cannot call for lower levels of immigration without being simply “anti-immigration”?

MadisonConservative on August 11, 2011 at 4:41 PM

2008 GOP Presidential contender Tancredo hits Perry hard on immigration:

Rick Perry not a true conservative

Viator on August 11, 2011 at 4:41 PM

unseen on August 11, 2011 at 4:31 PM

actually it is Palinistas who repeatedly comment that Perry can’t win unless she endorse him. It won’t hurt him to have her endorse him during primaries, but he’d be wise to keep her at arms length in the general, her high unfavorable in virtually every state are toxic.

windansea on August 11, 2011 at 4:41 PM

nickj116

Yep – Rick/Rudy 2012!
I’d take Rick/Rubio or Rick/Romney as well.

humdinger on August 11, 2011 at 4:42 PM

Me. Get a lot of neo-nazi vibes from their site.

katy the mean old lady on August 11, 2011 at 4:39 PM

I find Number’s USA to be borderline xenophobic-maybe more than borderline-and I rarely usethe word ‘xenophobic’.
That says a lot.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 11, 2011 at 4:42 PM

Doughboy on August 11, 2011 at 4:37 PM

So you are saying that Palin has a totally different block of voters than Perry and Bachmann have?

unseen on August 11, 2011 at 4:42 PM

If Perry won the GOP nom and convinced Rubio to be his VP, it would create a “natural”.

Rubio would provide cover from racial charges (e.g. immigration, “social justice”), while conservative principles dig us out of the Barackalypse.

With the economy recovered during Perry’s terms, Rubio then taps into the existing and newly converted Hispanic conservatives to continue the dynasty for 8 more years.

Yes, I am a glass half-full guy.

Droopy on August 11, 2011 at 4:43 PM

Knucklehead on August 11, 2011 at 4:39 PM

I’m readying my altar and shrine as we speak.
///

annoyinglittletwerp on August 11, 2011 at 4:44 PM

I am a long time Perry supporting and as far as I am concerned he does not need a Palin endorsement. You Palin people for a candidate with so low approval numbers versus disapproval numbers don’t get it.

She has been a grandstander for months and there was a reason some people running for Governor in fairly large states in 2010 didn’t want her support because they wanted to win.

She has way too much baggage and this bus tour is not helping. If you think that is the reason that the Perry people said he was running then I have swamp land for sale in AZ. Great publicity two days before the Red State Gathering and the afternoon of the debate to let it out which most of us already assumed he was in but now his staff is saying yes and the media can head for SC. Erickson has to be doing cartwheels that Perry is making it official at his Red State gathering.

PhiKapMom on August 11, 2011 at 4:44 PM

windansea on August 11, 2011 at 4:41 PM

bullsh)1 I have never heard a Palin supporter say Perry needs her to win. and as far as keeping Palin at arms length you just explained why Palin will not be kingmaker but will run.

unseen on August 11, 2011 at 4:45 PM

That says a lot.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 11, 2011 at 4:42 PM

Yup. A friend keeps forwarding their stuff. I may have to go up to Pensylvania and beat his azz.

katy the mean old lady on August 11, 2011 at 4:45 PM