Tea partier to McCain: You ready to apologize for that “hobbit” comment or what?

posted at 8:05 pm on August 9, 2011 by Allahpundit

The inevitable follow-up to McCain’s unexpected detour into the Shire on the Senate floor a few weeks ago. If you’re watching this because you think it’ll be funny to see McCain get peevish and squirm, then by all means: Proceed. If you’re watching this to revel in the glory of McCain begging for forgiveness, well, you might want to skip it. Mavericks don’t apologize, my friends (except for weaselly “sorry if you didn’t understand” non-apologies). Especially Mavericks who beat a challenger from the right in the primary last year and who are five years away from having to worry about reelection.

As I write this, we’re exactly one hour away from the polls closing in Wisconsin. Recall-geddon is almost upon us. Watch the clip, then clear your mind. Tonight will be bumpy.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

McCain became a traitor while in captivity in North Viet man. He aided and abetted the enemy by making propaganda films saying America was bombing civilians and more. Google it; there are videos still on the net of him collaborating with the enemy. If his daddy had not been a U.S. navy admiral he would have went to jail or been shot upon his release from POW camp.The Navy excuse for not court martial him was that he might have died from his injuries if he did not make the films and thereby receive medical treatment.

jarhead0311 on August 9, 2011 at 9:58 PM

As a 30 year retired Navy guy (who attended the same institute of higher learning on the Severn River as Maverick), that’s a spin I haven’t heard before, jarhead…

Regardless, the Senator should apologize to me and all the other Tea Party hobbits… and if I see him in the Alumni tent before a football game, I’ll let him know “loud and clear”…

Khun Joe on August 9, 2011 at 10:04 PM

Mitt Romney 2012:

Better looking package… same contents.

Please don’t do this, folks.

Bat Chain Puller on August 9, 2011 at 10:04 PM

JARHEAD;
You can’t possibly be serious.

I may not always agree with the man, but he is by NO MEANS a traitor. He is a living American war hero.

You need to settle down.

KMC1 on August 9, 2011 at 10:14 PM

I’m sorry. McVain is a jerk and an a*hole.
Send him to the D party where he belongs.

james23 on August 9, 2011 at 10:17 PM

I saw the video. WTF. Get your head out of the sand. Investigate. I really don’t care what you think about me; I saw the video. I didn’t go to Serven river war college but I served with 3rd bat 5th and 7th Marines. And I saw the propaganda video.

jarhead0311 on August 9, 2011 at 10:19 PM

John McCain the USN Aviator is a stone cold hero. He deserves to be taken seriously.

Because I take him seriously, I’d never, never, never vote for the political hack he has become.

Scribbler on August 9, 2011 at 10:22 PM

What a d*ck. He’s the reason we have this commie in the WH. Thanks alot doofus.

sbvft contributor on August 9, 2011 at 10:23 PM

My last comment on mccain: http://www.mccainbetrayspows.com/
Chk it out you naysayers.

jarhead0311 on August 9, 2011 at 10:35 PM

jarhead0311 on August 9, 2011 at 10:35 PM

Thank you for your service and thanks for the link.

Mirimichi on August 9, 2011 at 10:46 PM

JARHEAD;
You can’t possibly be serious.

You need to settle down.
KMC1 on August 9, 2011 at 10:14 PM

I need to settle down? Both of you poges need to figure it out. How about the letter below? If you go to the site I mentioned above: http://www.mccainbetrayspows.com you can see this Sgt. Major speak.

Sgt. Maj. John R. Holland, US Army, (rtd.)
3-War Infantry Vet, POW/MIA Activist
Member of the National Republican Party

OPEN LETTER TO SENATOR JOHN S. McCAIN III

Senator John McCain,

I am recommending that you withdraw from the National Presidential Election Process immediately.

I am making this recommendation to spare the National Republican Party, and the uninformed American Public, the embarrassment of nominating, and electing a person who collaborated with an enemy and possibly committed treasonous acts.

It is a well known fact that you gave Order of Battle information to the enemy in exchange for individual medical care that was not available to the other POW’s. It is also a known fact that you joined several other turncoats in freely making radio broadcasts for the enemy, knowing they were being used to affect the morale of American troops. On several occasions, in violation of the ‘Code of Conduct for Prisoners of War’, you gave unauthorized interviews to foreign nationals, and to ease their efforts, you spoke to them in their native language.

It is also a known fact that Col Ted Guy, USAF, another returned POW, was in the process of drawing-up charges against you and the other turncoats, when President Nixon gave a ‘blanket pardon’ to all who had committed offenses while incarcerated as POW’s during the Vietnam War.

Since you have been serving in the House and the Senate, you have constantly hindered every effort to resolve the POW/MIA Issue. You did this while posing as a ‘friend’ of the Issue. Only those knowledgeable of the

POW/MIA Issue knew this and tried to refute you. You used your position to disparage these resolution seekers, drastically thwarted the truth, and served as an agent provocateur for whomever it is you owe your allegiance.

I am,

Sgt Maj John R. Holland, US Army, Rtd
3 War Infantry Vet, POW/MIA Activist
Member of the National Republican Party

jarhead0311 on August 9, 2011 at 10:49 PM

jarhead0311 on August 9, 2011 at 9:58 PM

Seriously…WTF is your problem?? Mommy issues???

Kiss my ass.

BigWyo on August 9, 2011 at 10:51 PM

jarhead0311 on August 9, 2011 at 10:19 PM

Jarhead in case you missed the memo, the vast majority of those statements were made after torture. Now he HAS been a d!ck of a Senator including on POW issues in the early 90s but that was a different story.

SgtSVJones on August 9, 2011 at 10:58 PM

“My friends…

… the Hobbits.” – Gandolf

Seven Percent Solution on August 9, 2011 at 11:17 PM

SgtSVJones on August 9, 2011 at 10:58 PM

All due respect Sgt Jones but we did not get any memos in the bush. We, Marines, did get schooled in the Code of Conduct in boot camp and I must have missed the paragraph that said you could cooperate if tortured. My bad. I’ll remember that when ahab the arab shows up at my door.

jarhead0311 on August 9, 2011 at 11:20 PM

jarhead0311 on August 9, 2011 at 11:20 PM

Yer a joke…

Seriously…blow it straight out your ass….

BigWyo on August 9, 2011 at 11:37 PM

How dare the plebeian people ask for any assurances that we’ll be responsible with their money this time… They only exist to sign our checks, give us another 2.7 trillion dollars and get out of the way. – paraphrased

No worries Mr. McCain I didn’t “misunderstand” you at all. You’ve been spending like an inebriated idiot for years, and you’re offended at even the concept of someone asking you to be responsible with your spending.

See, no confusion anywhere to be found.

gekkobear on August 9, 2011 at 11:37 PM

jarhead0311 on August 9, 2011 at 11:20 PM

Did you read Admiral Stockdale’s book? Or other harrowing accounts of what was done to those poor men? Of course you have a Code of Conduct–and as a man, you also have limits. Have you been through SERE? Because any SERE instructor will tell you, there is no such thing as someone who gets through the program without caving at some point.

DrMagnolias on August 9, 2011 at 11:43 PM

Makes me sick I voted for him.

Or would, if the other option hadn’t been Obama.

Alana on August 9, 2011 at 11:49 PM

(That video, I mean. And his original horrible statement.)

Alana on August 9, 2011 at 11:50 PM

Yer a joke…

Seriously…blow it straight out your ass….

BigWyo on August 9, 2011 at 11:37 PM

With all due respect, many of our men did not cave to the NV. I know one personally.

That said, half of the republicans and all democrats are in fact, by definition, traitors. That includes McCain.

How you idiots re elected him is beyond me.

MadDogF on August 9, 2011 at 11:54 PM

My last comment on mccain: http://www.mccainbetrayspows.com/
Chk it out you naysayers.

jarhead0311 on August 9, 2011 at 10:35 PM

Yeah interesting stuff. Thanks for the info. People throw the term ‘hero’ around pretty loosely these days. It seems like anytime someone served in the armed forces they are automatically labeled a hero just because it sounds politically correct and respectful. Joining the armed forces is certainly honorable but doing so does not automatically turn you into a hero. The only people who can tell you whether someone is a true hero or not are the people who actually fought along side them, they know their real character.

NeverLiberal on August 10, 2011 at 12:27 AM

I am,

Sgt Maj John R. Holland, US Army, Rtd
3 War Infantry Vet, POW/MIA Activist
Member of the National Republican Party

Ted Guy was not angry with McCain because of anything about being a POW, it was afterwards when McCain was a senator. Ted Guy had even given in under torture too. Anyone has their breaking point under torture.

There was group that Guy wanted to go after, but McCain was not part of that

firepilot on August 10, 2011 at 1:17 AM

I think there is some money to be made here selling furry feet that fit over people’s shoes that you can vend outside of McCain town hall appearances.

crosspatch on August 10, 2011 at 1:55 AM

jarhead0311 on August 9, 2011 at 9:58 PM

Khun Joe on August 9, 2011 at 10:04 PM

My husband was a naval aviator, stationed at the same base that McCain was. He was in one of the two attack squadrons who were part of Linebacker II. I was on base, taking part in the homecomings and celebrations with the returning POWs.

McCain should have returned with them, but to the best of my knowledge he didn’t. I’ve always had questions about that.

BTW, I was very clued into these celebrations because the IO from our squadron was returned early to help facilitate their return, and to help escort them to their debriefing station after their return. He was the guy who issued the invitations, and he invited all of the wives from our squadron.

kakypat on August 10, 2011 at 2:51 AM

DrMagnolias on August 9, 2011 at 11:43 PM

My husband went through SERE, and has been waterboarded.

He was very impressed with KSM.

kakypat on August 10, 2011 at 2:56 AM

“My friends…

… the Hobbits.” – Gandolf

Seven Percent Solution on August 9, 2011 at 11:17 PM

Thank you, Mr. Percent! ;o)

kakypat on August 10, 2011 at 2:58 AM

Don’t forget McCain’s treachery on his “Comprehensive Immigration bill”!!

In 2007, the twice rejected Senate bill changed the waiting period for a Z visa (permanent legal residence, work permit, ability to leave and re-enter our country, etc.) from the 2006 bill’s 90 days to a SINGLE BUSINESS DAY!!

Imagine 12 to 20 million illegal aliens applying for their Z visa, and two business days later they AUTOMATICALLY got their visa if DHS and FBI couldn’t perform health checks and criminal background checks on 12 million or more in a single day.

TREACHERY!!

fred5678 on August 10, 2011 at 3:31 AM

jarhead, I’d cut McCain some slack. I was an interrogator during the Vietnam era. The code is to hold out as long as possible, not to never break. You are expected to do what you can, in other words. McCain broke after lengthy torture and likely spilled some out of date order of battle info. He didn’t return home early to avoid a propaganda coupe for the North Vietnamese, and he should be honored for that.

What I can’t stand about him is his willingness to come down harder and belittle his honest conservative allies more than the liars and oath betrayers on the left. I don’t know why the man does it, but he lost my respect for that a long time ago.

Aardvark on August 10, 2011 at 3:52 AM

Ah, TAFKAM as dissembler. Gutless. A typical reaction by a politician, not a man of character.

JimP on August 10, 2011 at 5:23 AM

Frell you, McCain. It’s largely thanks to you this country is now under the thumb of the most hardcore, destructive leftist ever elected to the Presidency.

Cylor on August 10, 2011 at 6:15 AM

Cylor on August 10, 2011 at 6:15 AM

No, actually it is thanks to the voters..and no small thanks to the true conservatives out there who said we would be better off with Obama and who refused to even vote for McCain in spite of the fact that Sarah Palin was on the ticket.

And btw, there was also a really irate guy at that town hall who wanted to know why they have not raised taxes on the rich. Not all of the angry people out there are tea partiers, right now that anger is crossing party lines.

Terrye on August 10, 2011 at 6:48 AM

jarhead0311 on August 9, 2011 at 10:35 PM
Very interesting stuff
Almost believable
Except it’s a Ron Paul site, and that video by Bill Dumas? From Bill’s own site -
“Bill Dumas is a filmmaker, actor, singer/songwriter and drummer. He was one of the first organizers of the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign serving as the original webmaster and continued throughout the campaign as Video Production Director. Bill continues to produce video for Ron Paul’s Campaign For Liberty.”
You’re either dangerously ignorant or loathsome
Go try your feeble a$$ Jedi mind tricks on the fools at HuffPo

LincolntheHun on August 10, 2011 at 6:50 AM

I really think they missed their mark when they labeled us Hobbits. Hobbits are the heroes of the trilogy and in the end, “Hobbits bow to no one”(everyone bows to the Hobbits). Unlike the rest of the “races” in the trilogy hobbits had no Ruler. I do not mind being called a Hobbit. In this spirit, May the Orcs (Progressives) be defeated and the world saved.

IowaWoman on August 10, 2011 at 7:12 AM

Maverick Senator John is sorry that we’re all dopes who can’t understand “Straight Talk”

Mr. Grump on August 10, 2011 at 7:25 AM

Smeagol misogynist McCain’s obligatory non-apology.

“My precious” McCain forced Joe Wilson to apologize for telling the truth to Obama’s face, “You Lie.”

McCain shamed his older woman supporter “afraid” of what Obama would do if elected Potus, endorsing Obama as a “trustworthy” presidential candidate.

Prior, McCain’s long standing tyranny against citizens of Arizona for demanding border security, along with GWBush scoffing at the “vigilantes” volunteering real-time information to the Border Patrol of illegal crossings from Mexico, human and drug traffickers, those who trash and thieve their way through Arizona, the same who shoot “trespassing” Arizona and US law enforcement from their hilltop fortress above the city of Tucson and who just burnt a quarter of the State.

McCain isn’t alone in a closet ridiculing constitutional conservancy. Make note of Republican Leadership True Colors from the old guard as well as the new. Col. Allen West played to the Tea Party in order to get elected. Once in office, West now calls the Tea Party “radical anarchists” who need to be beat.

As Rush’s caller stated yesterday, Hobbits proved the only hero mammals in Tolkien’s epic crisis of existence. Much better a Hobbit than a mutant Ork or any man corrupted by Evil, Sauron.

Nice photo for the thread, btw. Tea Party Grizzly shreds the threat. Damn, what a shame that Hayworth squandered away his own House career on native casino kickbacks, leaving him a weak opponent to McCain’s insider AZ endorsements last round of elections.

maverick muse on August 10, 2011 at 7:27 AM

X

maverick muse on August 10, 2011 at 7:30 AM

Tossed to the moderator.

maverick muse on August 10, 2011 at 7:31 AM

Bite me, Saruman!

SuperCool on August 10, 2011 at 7:31 AM

THEY TOLD ME IF I VOTED FOR JOHN MCCAIN, WE’D SEE CREEPY HOMELAND SECURITY SURVEILLANCE: And they were right! “Homeland Security plans to operate a massive new database of names, photos, birthdays and biometrics called Watchlist Service, duplicated from the FBI’s Terrorist Screening Database, which has proven not to be accurate many times in the past. DHS wants to exempt the Watchlist Service from Privacy Act provisions, meaning you will never know if you are wrongfully listed.”

Glenn Reynolds @ Instapundit

The irony is as deep as it gets. Sickening, the bipartisan common values binding McCain within the Axis of Evil, Reid-Pelosi-Obama. Exactly what measures has McCain taken with West to defeat the permeating authoritarianism?

My dad and uncles fought in WWII. “Collaborators” means the enablers of occupying forces who terrorized the civilian population. The PC term is touted by every profession today, on “success driven” résumés you read the prominence of “collaborative” achievements. This revisionism of “collaboration” illustrates politically that The US Constitution is discarded by elected and appointed officials; rule of law has no place in authoritarian governance and politics.

maverick muse on August 10, 2011 at 7:51 AM

Still waiting…

maverick muse on August 10, 2011 at 7:53 AM

McCain is a RINO doofus. Always has been. BUT, to call him a traitor because he broke while he was being tortured as a Vietnam POW really pisses me off. Knock it off. The guy served this country, and suffered in ways that 99% of us will never understand. Spitting on that because you think it makes good politics is the liberals’ game. Take that sh!t over to Daily Kos. Really.

Rational Thought on August 10, 2011 at 8:13 AM

jarhead0311 on August 9, 2011 at 9:58 PM

You are an idiot…
McCain may be a RINO, not the most conservative…but you should have solid court room proof to call someone a traitor.
Calling someone a traitor, accusing him of aiding and abetting the enemy, pal, let’s see the absolute proof, I want to see the court martial papers…otherwise, sit down, shut up, and get off of those weird websites that claim we haven’t landed on the moon, I repeat…you are an idiot…

right2bright on August 10, 2011 at 8:27 AM

McCain should apologize. Default would’ve been perfectly fine, and it wouldn’t have caused an economic meltdown at all. It would have been a good thing, despite the fact that every economist and expert in the world told us different. I know better than any dumb expert…I have a “don’t tread on me” flag, and everyone knows that and a few quotes from James Madison suffices.

TheBlueSite on August 10, 2011 at 8:29 AM

right2bright on August 10, 2011 at 8:27 AM

Nonsense. Jarhead would’ve been brave and instead of doing what his captors demanded would’ve allowed them to torture him to death to stand by his principles!

TheBlueSite on August 10, 2011 at 8:33 AM

McCain needs to “hung up his cleats”. Games over for this knothead. He’s been in DC too long and can’t seem to hear what’s coming out of his own mouth.
Come on Arizona – you deserve better than this bonehead as your Senator.

IlonaE on August 10, 2011 at 8:37 AM

The ‘hate’ comments I’m getting due to my opinion and facts presented on mccain is the same reaction I got in 1971 when I came home. Probably the same people. It’s not about what I would do, it is about what mccain did do. Have you looked at the video of the French news reporter interview mccain in his POW hospital bed? Is that fake also?

jarhead0311 on August 10, 2011 at 8:44 AM

When you think you’re always right and above the mere people you were elected to serve, you will never ever apologize for anything. It was a strange analogy to begin with. Did he go to the movie the night before and Hobbit was stuck in his mind.

Kissmygrits on August 10, 2011 at 9:14 AM

jarhead0311 on August 10, 2011 at 8:44 AM

So “hate” now extends to calling into question your sources. Hmmm
The idiot part is merely an observation, based off of the kinds of “facts” and who they come from that you use to validate your theory, not a judicial sentence.
But if it makes you feel better, if it validates your existence, then feel free to be offended.

LincolntheHun on August 10, 2011 at 9:47 AM

“My friends…

… the Hobbits.” – Gandolf

Seven Percent Solution on August 9, 2011 at 11:17 PM

Mac is no Gandolf… Gimli, son of Glóin maybe…

RalphyBoy on August 10, 2011 at 12:41 PM

He’s a DICK! And so is Romney!

Deacon on August 10, 2011 at 4:46 PM