Open thread: Senate to vote on House-passed debt deal at noon Update: Senate passes debt deal, 74-26 Update: President ends this saga, signs debt deal

posted at 11:20 am on August 2, 2011 by Tina Korbe

After a dramatic night in the House of Representatives last night, the disappointment of a debt deal that passed the House heads to the Senate, where it faces seemingly fewer obstacles than it faced in the House.

But that doesn’t mean passage will be “easy.” Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid has said no amendments will be allowed and the plan requires a supermajority of 60 votes to pass. One notable “no” vote will come from Senate Budget Committee ranking member Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.). The senator who has been sounding the warning bell about an eleventh hour deal for months — and who has kept the count as to how many days the Senate has gone without passing a budget resolution (825!) — explains why he can’t support the deal:

“We’re getting pretty far away from the traditions of this body when you don’t publicly debate a budget, you create a committee of limited numbers of people to produce legislation that can’t be amended,” Sessions says in the video. “For those reasons, I feel like as a Senator and the ranking member on the Budget Committee who’s wrestled with this for some time, I would not be able to support the legislation. Though, I truly believe it is a step forward, and I respect my colleagues who’ve worked hard to try to bring it forward.”

Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah), whose name has become almost synonymous with the push for a balanced budget amendment, is still a “no” vote, as is Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.), while Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) remain “yes” votes, of course.

Senate Democrat opposition to the deal doesn’t rival Democrat opposition in the House, where Rep. Emanuel Cleaver created news by calling the deal a “sugar-coated satan sandwich” and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi implied it also features “satan fries on the side.” But I’ll keep an eye out for any likely “no” votes from the left side of the aisle.

Again, though, the bill is broadly expected to pass. Bill Hemmer just said the guidance Fox News has received suggests the Senate will give it at least 70 votes — so it won’t even be close. After that, attention will turn to the 12-member special commission.

Meanwhile, rumors of a downgrade despite the deal continue to circulate.

Update I: Reid is on the Senate floor right now, saying, “We were on the brink of disaster, but, one day before the deadline, we were able to avert that disaster. … There’s principally one winner through all of this: the American people. … The result of this Tea Party direction of this Congress has been very disconcerting. It stopped us from arriving at a conclusion much sooner. …”

Here’s more of his anti-Tea Party rhetoric. In this video, he calls out the Senate freshmen (think Rubio, Rand, Ayotte, etc.), who as a group have done a far better job of calling on the Senate to do its duty and produce a budget than the Senate Majority Leader ever has:

Update II: Bill Hemmer just tweeted and AP reports that 60 senators have already voted “yes” for the deal, which means it passes. But the roll call continues. Guy Benson tweets that four Democrats have voted “no” so far: Sen. Frank Lautenberg (N.J.), Sen. Robert Menendez (N.J.), Sen. Tom Harkin (Iowa) and Sen. Bernie Sanders (VT).

Update III: The deal has passed, 74 to 26. Three more Dem “no” votes: Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (NY), Sen. Jeff Merkley (Ore.) and Sen. Ben Nelson (Neb.). Now awaiting the president’s speech from the Rose Garden …

Update IV: In his Rose Garden speech, the president issued veiled instructions to the deficit-reduction joint committee created by the debt deal — instructions that amounted to, “Raise taxes.” For more, see my upcoming post in just a bit.

Update V: The president just signed the debt deal. Aaaannnddd … it’s over. For now. For those who are interested, here’s the Senate roll call.

Comments

If this was so damned urgent and critical, why is the Senate taking its sweet time in getting to it? I really thought they should have been working on it last evening.

Steven Den Beste on August 2, 2011 at 11:23 AM

It’s sad that the fate of our nation rests on the Senate.

KILL THE BILL!

fossten on August 2, 2011 at 11:23 AM

73-27 watch and see.

SouthernGent on August 2, 2011 at 11:23 AM

I thought today was our last day on Earth? They haven’t even passed the bill yet. Liars, nicely-creased pants on fire.

SouthernGent on August 2, 2011 at 11:24 AM

I surprised they are taking so long.Don’t they know Obama has a Birthday extravaganza to attend?

sandee on August 2, 2011 at 11:26 AM

I’m very concerned right now. I have no faith, if this passes, in this “super committee” they are talking about. I have a feeling that there is no way in the world that “they” will come to any kind of agreement to meet the “triggers”. That would lead to massive cuts, half of which will take place in defense spending.
We are possibly looking at military members getting their pay cut and losing benefits. Not only active duty but our veterans as well. I am sick to my stomach over this.

milwife88 on August 2, 2011 at 11:35 AM

We know they’ll pass it. Their 5 week vacation starts today.

Brat4life on August 2, 2011 at 11:36 AM

Caption that photo contest:

“Want to ride with me on my private jet to Barbados during our summer vacation, John?”

Bishop on August 2, 2011 at 11:36 AM

Meanwhile, rumors of a downgrade despite the deal continue to circulate.

Wouldn’t it be mean if we were downgradeed on the same day this legislation passes? Talk about a bellylaugh.

a capella on August 2, 2011 at 11:37 AM

VOTE NO! ITS NOT CUTTING ENOUGH!

tx2654 on August 2, 2011 at 11:37 AM

It will pass because the dems won’t let bo down. No repubs should vote to give bo 2.4 trillion to waste.

tim c on August 2, 2011 at 11:38 AM

milwife88 on August 2, 2011 at 11:35 AM

We are in the same boat you are in. I have heard rumors of possibly freezing pay. They’ve already cut BAH this year. I am hoping though that the servicemen and woman benefits are cut last. They gut homeland security and other programs first.

Brat4life on August 2, 2011 at 11:42 AM

We deserve to be downgraded.

KeepOhioRed on August 2, 2011 at 11:43 AM

Got my fingers crossed for bill failure, a well deserved downgrade and the forcing of the gummint to stay within it’s means, as far as that is possible. As many have pointed out, we can still afford to pay our debts and odumbo won’t risk diddly sh*t. If you need an argument for term limits, the last couple of weeks is it….. in spades.

ultracon on August 2, 2011 at 11:46 AM

Brat4life on August 2, 2011 at 11:42 AM

I’ll hold your hand if you hold mine. It’s going to be a bumpy ride.

milwife88 on August 2, 2011 at 11:46 AM

milwife88 on August 2, 2011 at 11:35 AM
Brat4life on August 2, 2011 at 11:42 AM

SOL comes to my mind. My husband has no clue as to what is going on. And right now, I don’t think it matters if it did.

If Obama get another term, I will know it is fraud.

upinak on August 2, 2011 at 11:47 AM

a capella on August 2, 2011 at 11:37 AM

Laughing and laughing, and whistling, right past the graveyard.

Bishop on August 2, 2011 at 11:47 AM

milwife88 on August 2, 2011 at 11:35 AM

Why can’t they cut welfare first, instead of people risking their lives?

Oil Can on August 2, 2011 at 11:49 AM

milwife88 on August 2, 2011 at 11:35 AM

Senator Jeff Sessions said:

This Committee is Unconstitutional on many fronts. It needs to be challenged immediately.

This was set up so that there would be NO agreement on debt reduction and the automatic cuts would go into effect: Medicare & Defense.

I have no confidence in the House or the Senate with the leaders and some of the members now in place.

Everyone but the Congress is concerned about this. Isn’t that strange to even say?

I understand where you are coming from; just don’t know what the answer is yet.

bluefox on August 2, 2011 at 11:51 AM

Why can’t they cut welfare first, instead of people risking their lives?

Oil Can on August 2, 2011 at 11:49 AM

because they think people who have abortions risk their lives more than people who protect this nation.

upinak on August 2, 2011 at 11:51 AM

upinak on August 2, 2011 at 11:47 AM

SOL is right. I’m trying not to pace a hole in the floor right now.

milwife88 on August 2, 2011 at 11:51 AM

A manufactured crisis to give Obowma $2+ Trillion of borrowed money to spend as he wishes as we head into a campaign season…

… People, we have been played like a $2 peso whore in a Tijuana alley.

If (when) this goes through, every single liberal social engineering bureaucracy, federal regulating agency, ACLU union goon, State employee union slush fund, Democrat pet project will be entrenched…

… What do you think is going to happen come November 2012 when the Democrats have a Trillion dollars and a media that loves the taste of Obowma’s pen%s?

We are so fuc%ed, it’s not even funny any more…

Seven Percent Solution on August 2, 2011 at 11:53 AM

Oh, please! This will be so easy they won’t even have to push the button. This is a bigger wool pulling than TARP.

Kissmygrits on August 2, 2011 at 11:53 AM

I’m going to check my bank account as soon as it passes.
/s?

tomg51 on August 2, 2011 at 11:54 AM

Read it here; Rand Paul’s open letter of opposition. Pretty much says it all…

PatriotRider on August 2, 2011 at 11:54 AM

SOL is right. I’m trying not to pace a hole in the floor right now.

milwife88 on August 2, 2011 at 11:51 AM

My Husband is a Vietnam Vet and relys on Veterans Health Care.We had private insurance until my Husband lost his job. He’s working now but for half of what he used to make. Times are tough. Hate to see the Military take the hit…

sandee on August 2, 2011 at 11:54 AM

milwife88 on August 2, 2011 at 11:46 AM

Will do. I’m not sure what’s going to happen but with huby’s job right now their is a huge influx of people trying to get in. I have a feeling they are going to shut it down pretty soon. They are already cutting back service members in all forces not sure how much more they can take away from the members and morale not go down.

Brat4life on August 2, 2011 at 11:55 AM

SOL is right. I’m trying not to pace a hole in the floor right now.

milwife88 on August 2, 2011 at 11:51 AM

I am watching what happens. Hubby isn’t reading the news, yet. I took out my whole retirement and I am about to go to the back and take it out of there too. I am worried.

upinak on August 2, 2011 at 11:55 AM

Oil Can on August 2, 2011 at 11:49 AM

If they cut welfare, they lose half of their voting base. Military represents about 1% of the population. That makes us to minority that the dems don’t care about until we are attacked again.

milwife88 on August 2, 2011 at 11:56 AM

OT: Anyone heard or seen any news on Bo? I was just thinking that there’s been no pictures no stories no nothing in months so I looked up Bo’s website (not related to the WH) and the first article is about how to remember your pet

Gwillie on August 2, 2011 at 11:57 AM

Oil Can on August 2, 2011 at 11:49 AM

Plus welfare queens vote for the dems so they can get more.

Military is much more likely to vote Republican.

Brat4life on August 2, 2011 at 11:58 AM

Brat4life on August 2, 2011 at 11:55 AM

I heard from a relative here in Ohio that they aren’t taking enlistees at the moment. Don’t know which branch this was tho.

bluefox on August 2, 2011 at 11:58 AM

Gwillie on August 2, 2011 at 11:57 AM

Bo is probably dead. Do you want obama to take care of you too under obamacare?

Need I say more?

upinak on August 2, 2011 at 11:59 AM

825 days since the Senate has passed a budget and we get this sh!t sandwich. In addition to adding over $7 Trillion to the deficit, it won’t satisfy the rating agencies. So watch this $7 Trillion turn into over $30 Trillion added to the deficit.

And Congress wonders why they have the lowest approval rating in the history of this country. Fr3aking liars and thieves.

jackal40 on August 2, 2011 at 11:59 AM

Brat4life on August 2, 2011 at 11:55 AM

Prayers for you and all of our military and vets right now.

milwife88 on August 2, 2011 at 11:59 AM

Gwillie on August 2, 2011 at 11:57 AM

I heard he left for his bithday bash last night. He’ll sign the bill in a few days. Not sure if that is true or not. I’m pretty sure Fox sad it.

Brat4life on August 2, 2011 at 11:59 AM

VOTE NO! ITS NOT CUTTING ENOUGH!

tx2654 on August 2, 2011 at 11:37 AM

When you “cut” the percentage of the increase of spending…

… that is not a “cut” of our current debt.

It is still an increase of spending, and an increase in our debt…

Maybe it will become more clear when we reach the $20 Trillion mark…

Seven Percent Solution on August 2, 2011 at 12:00 PM

Gwillie on August 2, 2011 at 11:57 AM

He’s supposed to have a statement at 12:15PM today, right after the Senate vote, per C-span

bluefox on August 2, 2011 at 12:00 PM

Can’t say we weren’t warned about big spending RINO, crybaby John Boehner. From 2006 in the American Spectator:

But no two laws better represent the modern brand of big government Republicanism than the Medicare prescription drug law and the No Child Left Behind Act. Any congressman who voted for either legislation should not be taken seriously as a proponent of limited government, and yet Boehner voted for both of them.

Not only did Boehner vote for the largest federal expansion into education since the Carter administration, but he sponsored the legislation. Shortly after President Bush signed the bill with Boehner standing over one shoulder and Sen. Ted Kennedy standing over the other (see photo), Boehner said its passage was “one of the proudest accomplishments of my tenure in Congress.”

And some conservatives expected Boehner to stand for getting our budget under control? LOL at how ignorant they were. Instead, we are getting a monster tax increase, no spending cuts except for defense, the LAST thing we should be cutting, and a 2.7 trillion debt increase.

Gabe on August 2, 2011 at 12:01 PM

Republicans will give Obama all the money he needs to ensure he wins the election and implement ObamaCare.

Great going.

darwin on August 2, 2011 at 12:01 PM

bluefox on August 2, 2011 at 11:58 AM

I know they are here but that might just be because of the numbers in this area. Last year they did shut this area down too. They are still recruiting in this area. But good luck trying to get in. You better be somewhat smart and have no problems at all.

Brat4life on August 2, 2011 at 12:02 PM

bluefox on August 2, 2011 at 11:58 AM

From what i understand it’s all branches. With the unemployment as it is, more and more young people are looking to go into the military for “job security”. You can enlist, but you are put on a waiting list. Some people are waiting up to 1 year.

milwife88 on August 2, 2011 at 12:02 PM

… People, we have been played like a $2 peso whore in a Tijuana alley.

We are so fuc%ed, it’s not even funny any more…

Seven Percent Solution on August 2, 2011 at 11:53 AM

Extremist.

Don’t you understand that the GOP has the Democrats right where they want them for the 2068 elections?

fossten on August 2, 2011 at 12:02 PM

Bend over and get ready to take it in the … again. Thanks Congress. We appreciate everything you do to serve the people. /sarc

j_galt on August 2, 2011 at 12:06 PM

Gabe on August 2, 2011 at 12:01 PM

Nice to see that article with that info. Too bad we didn’t have the Tea Party then or that many Americans weren’t awake. I was sleeping but woke up in 2007.

Thanks

bluefox on August 2, 2011 at 12:06 PM

Washington totally failed to address the concerns of the rating agencies. I think we should still expect a downgrade. The only plan that might have addressed the concerns was CCB. If we don’t get downgraded we deserve to be.

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on August 2, 2011 at 12:07 PM

fossten on August 2, 2011 at 12:02 PM

I’m curious to see how the GOP is going to try to spin this in the fund raising propaganda…

… On second thought, no I’m not.

Seven Percent Solution on August 2, 2011 at 12:07 PM

We are so fuc%ed, it’s not even funny any more…

Seven Percent Solution on August 2, 2011 at 11:53 AM

That just scared the sh!t out of me.

fossten on August 2, 2011 at 12:02 PM

That was funny. I’ll be standing by the door now waiting for the guys in the white coats to show up with the jacket that makes me hug myself.

milwife88 on August 2, 2011 at 12:08 PM

fossten on August 2, 2011 at 12:02 PM

Bwaaaaaahhhaaaaaaahaaaaa! We’ll show them then! That’s right. Strategy baby.

j_galt on August 2, 2011 at 12:09 PM

Seven Percent Solution on August 2, 2011 at 11:53 AM

I agree and I’m sure we all know now that it was planned by both parties.

This doesn’t make me sad/depressed and I’m not in throwing in the towel, nor giving up. No, this makes me angry and causes me to take a look at the Roll call vote (House) and the upcoming one in the Senate. I’m sure we will all know what we have to do. At least I do.

bluefox on August 2, 2011 at 12:10 PM

I am so tired of squishy politicians. jello has more bones than these morons.

Hell, I will go there. I think Pelosi is a herm, as she seems to have bigger ball’s than any other politicans.

And that is SAD!

upinak on August 2, 2011 at 12:12 PM

VOTE NO! ITS NOT CUTTING ENOUGH ANYTHING!

FIFY

katablog.com on August 2, 2011 at 12:14 PM

Brat4life on August 2, 2011 at 12:02 PM

milwife88 on August 2, 2011 at 12:02 PM

Thanks both of you. Good to keep up to speed. If I hear anything new from my sister, I’ll post it somewhere here.

bluefox on August 2, 2011 at 12:15 PM

Brat4life on August 2, 2011 at 11:42 AM
I’ll hold your hand if you hold mine. It’s going to be a bumpy ride.

milwife88 on August 2, 2011 at 11:46 AM

I don’t know if you are aware of this but there are a lot of Vets that do not get health benefits because they make “too much money.”

If you didn’t retire from the military, even if you served in combat and you make over, last I checked, 28 to 30 thousand a year and aren’t pretty much totally disabled.

Vince on August 2, 2011 at 12:17 PM

Seven Percent Solution on August 2, 2011 at 12:07 PM

I was thinking about fund raising that you mention also.
The RNC and the rest of the ones. I was going to copy a blank check(blocking all info) then send it back. In addition sending a bill for any tax increase or any expense from this bill they just passed. Oh, maybe I’ll send the increase that food now costs. Wonder if I’d get a reply other than the form letter, the blah, blah.

bluefox on August 2, 2011 at 12:20 PM

Vince on August 2, 2011 at 12:17 PM

I know, and it’s sad. If we can’t take care of our vets, ALL of them, then shame on us.

milwife88 on August 2, 2011 at 12:21 PM

Harry Reid just got through with his speech on the floor of the Senate. He promised that they would create (pivot) to jobs, just as soon as the summer recess is over.
Harry still doesn’t understand that the government doesn’t create jobs…

d1carter on August 2, 2011 at 12:23 PM

Kill the bill. They’re going to downgrade us anyway.

Knucklehead on August 2, 2011 at 12:23 PM

Vince on August 2, 2011 at 12:17 PM

Yea I know people who are in this situation. It’s very sad. II’m hoping one day that will change. But I doubt it.

Brat4life on August 2, 2011 at 12:24 PM

It’s those terrorist Tea Party people!
Bunch of douche bags in Congress.

1IDVET on August 2, 2011 at 12:25 PM

I maxed out my credit card so I made a deal with the credit card company. They are going to immediately raise my limit and I agree to pay it back by cutting my spending over 10 years. Meanwhile the interest continues to compound and the original debt sits there – but what do I care.

katablog.com on August 2, 2011 at 12:25 PM

because the 4 trillion congress pissed away over the last couple of years worked so well, they’re now gonna have another 2 trillion added onto their credit card to just keep on spending. another sad day in the decline of the USA. November 2012 we flush harder than November 2010, apparently the message was not clearly received.

maineconservative on August 2, 2011 at 12:30 PM

The passing of this bill is going to be bad enough. Having to listen to Barry come out after and tout “victory” will put me over the edge.

milwife88 on August 2, 2011 at 12:32 PM

milwife88 on August 2, 2011 at 12:32 PM

Agreed. Hopefully he’s too busy with the birthday bash. But then, he probably can charge some of it to the taxpayers by making a speech to America in the middle of it.

katablog.com on August 2, 2011 at 12:35 PM

bluefox on August 2, 2011 at 12:20 PM

My over/under bet would be on blah, blah, blah…

Seven Percent Solution on August 2, 2011 at 12:35 PM

Senate Passes Bill 74-26.

Business as usual in Washington.

jackal40 on August 2, 2011 at 12:43 PM

In other words, how dare those duly elected Senators represent their constituents who elected them.

BacaDog on August 2, 2011 at 12:44 PM

The only question now is whether Obama is enough of a pr!ck to veto the bill and demand a ‘clean’ debt limit increase.

agmartin on August 2, 2011 at 12:44 PM

agmartin on August 2, 2011 at 12:44 PM

I wish he would. Send the whole damn thing back to Congress.

BacaDog on August 2, 2011 at 12:46 PM

The deal has passed, 74 to 26. Now awaiting the president’s speech from the Rose Garden …

Sorry, I’m going to have to pass on this one…

… It’s bad enough that I got rap%d, but listening to the jackalope that is going to rap% my children with a smile on his face is a little too much to take today.

Seven Percent Solution on August 2, 2011 at 12:54 PM

Guys check out the price of gold up $23 just in one day.

Oil Can on August 2, 2011 at 12:58 PM

Sic semper…eh, you know the rest.

Western_Civ on August 2, 2011 at 12:59 PM

Guys check out the price of gold up $23 just in one day.

Oil Can on August 2, 2011 at 12:58 PM

One of the comforts in all this is that Reality will prevail. Reality always wins.

j_galt on August 2, 2011 at 1:04 PM

73-27 watch and see.

SouthernGent on August 2, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Wow!

TheQuestion on August 2, 2011 at 1:04 PM

Okay, so now Øbama has his campaign slush fund and a free pass on the debt ceiling until after the election. How depressing is that.

petefrt on August 2, 2011 at 1:06 PM

Why haven’t Mike Lee and Rand Paul filibustered it as they promised? Jim Demint is another one. He always threatens to filibuster it but never delivers it.

promachus on August 2, 2011 at 1:08 PM

Vyce on August 2, 2011 at 12:16 PM

thanks for responding.

Ok, now let’s pretend that you are the President and you have the same Congress members that were there before the 11/2010 elections.

You are being charged to destroy this Country.

Please list what you would do. You can list as many items as you like.

bluefox on August 2, 2011 at 1:10 PM

Guys check out the price of gold up $23 just in one day.

Oil Can on August 2, 2011 at 12:58 PM

$1642

Are you still buyin’ this stuff? On days like this, when the outlook looks so grim, I’m tempted.

petefrt on August 2, 2011 at 1:10 PM

BHO…all alone in the Rose Garden…blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

d1carter on August 2, 2011 at 1:11 PM

The trap door below our feet is squealing on it’s government hinges. Once it breaks open, how many of us will fall through before we can replace the mechanics and the mechanisms?
Yes, the Tea Party has won a tactical victory: a successful holding action if you will. But we still lost ground. Will the promised reinforcements materialize? Will they get here in time? My spidey sense warns me that the next major battles will come soon, well before November of 2012, and we are still surrounded, and outnumbered.

Randy

williars on August 2, 2011 at 1:12 PM

petefrt on August 2, 2011 at 1:10 PM

Bernake just hinted at QE3…

Is that how they are going to pay for debt? By printing money and buying US Treasuries?

Oil Can on August 2, 2011 at 1:15 PM

Oil Can on August 2, 2011 at 1:15 PM

I think monetizing the debt has been their plan all along. After all, what easier mechanism is there for redistributing wealth and creating government dependency.

They probably won’t call it QE3, but that’s what it’ll be.

petefrt on August 2, 2011 at 1:19 PM

Guys check out the price of gold up $23 just in one day.

Oil Can on August 2, 2011 at 12:58 PM

Ammonman’s probably having a record sales day too.

petefrt on August 2, 2011 at 1:23 PM

Bernake just hinted at QE3…

Oil Can on August 2, 2011 at 1:15 PM

Do you know anyone who has $2.4 TRILLION dollars lying around? ($7 Trillion over the next 10 years.)

j_galt on August 2, 2011 at 1:26 PM

Wow!

TheQuestion on August 2, 2011 at 1:04 PM

Missed by one!

SouthernGent on August 2, 2011 at 1:30 PM

If there a Presidential Signing Statement attached to this Bill? If so what does it contain?

meci on August 2, 2011 at 1:33 PM

milwife88 on August 2, 2011 at 12:32 PM

That’s why I never listen to him speak.

Ward Cleaver on August 2, 2011 at 1:37 PM

bluefox on August 2, 2011 at 1:10 PM

Please excuse. Got a phone call and posted this to the wrong thread!!

bluefox on August 2, 2011 at 1:57 PM

US Stocks down 1.5% across the board right now.

Euro and Asia were down 1-2% overnight after the great compromise bill of 2011 was reached.

So tell me again why we absolutely needed this bill in order to avert a Wall St panic sell…..

angryed on August 2, 2011 at 2:21 PM

LEGISLATE in HASTE, REPENT at LEISURE!

Mutnodjmet on August 2, 2011 at 2:44 PM

Scott Brown, and the Maine twins vote yay, but Hatch voted nay.

Out of the 4, I would say Scott Brown won’t see a second term as Senator from Mass, who is going to support him the TEA party? Snark.

Dr Evil on August 2, 2011 at 3:20 PM

Too funny. Gillibrand was supposed to be a conservative Democrap from upstate NY, but this liberal dipsh!t bill is to her right, and Ben Nelson votes no, presumably because it is to his left.

Second look at Nelson!