Quotes of the day

posted at 10:43 pm on July 29, 2011 by Allahpundit

“Now, some establishment Republicans are wondering if they got more than they bargained for. The U.S. Chamber of Commerce, for instance, strongly opposed the health care legislation, making common cause with the tea party. But this month the chamber swung solidly behind Boehner’s original debt-ceiling bill. It suffered embarrassment with all the other groups and individuals forced to swallow the tea partyers’ demands.

“Republican campaign strategists are weighing the tea party’s valuable energy against the possibility that it might push the party away from mainstream politics, which appeal to crucial independent voters. A Pew Research poll found that 68 percent of American voters want lawmakers to compromise on the debt ceiling and default issue, even it means striking a deal they disagree with. Fewer than one in four said lawmakers should stand by their principles even if it leads to a default on U.S. obligations.

“Veteran lawmakers and congressional staffers are struck by the faith — be it admirable or naive — that many tea party advocates seem to have in what they consider the moral rightness of their ideas. Some GOP staffers privately roll their eyes at accounts of House members insisting that Senate Democrats will suddenly come to their senses and embrace the balanced budget agreement, even though those senators have criticized the proposal for years.”

***
“Unfortunately for the country, which is poised to lose its place as the world’s most-trusted treasury and suffer economic repercussions we can ill afford, the stakes in this political game are too high to be in the hands of Tea Partyers who mistakenly think they have a mandate. Their sweep in the 2010 election was the exclusive result of anti-Obama sentiment and the sense that the president, in creating a health-care plan instead of focusing on jobs, had overplayed his hand. Invariably, as political pendulums swing, the victors become the very thing they sought to defeat.

“Who’s overplaying their hand now?…

“Hubris is no one’s friend, and irony is a nag. The Tea Partyers who wanted to oust Barack Obama have greatly enhanced his chances for reelection by undermining their own leader and damaging the country in the process. The debt ceiling may have been raised and the crisis averted by the time this column appears, but that event should not erase the memory of what transpired. The Tea Party was a movement that changed the conversation in Washington, but it has steeped too long and has become toxic.”

***
“‘Well, just, watch out, ‘Everyone I talk to still believes in contested primaries.’ God bless her, Sarah Palin’s saying that in a message she put out,’ Ingraham said.

“She proceeded to run through a list of conservatives who have endorsed Boehner’s plan, quipping sarcastically: ‘I guess we’re threatening, implicitly, explicitly, Paul Ryan, Col. Allen West, Mike Pence is gonna be out of the House of Representatives. He’ll be the governor of Indiana. Maybe we can run someone else as governor of Indiana, to run for the governorship, ’cause Pence is obviously a sellout. Can I have the whole list of sellouts? I need the list so I can make sure I understand who’s going to get the primary challenge.’

“‘It’s a very odd way to go about things if we have a common goal,’ Ingraham continued, urging tea party-aligned Republicans to seek a ‘real and meaningful’ role — ‘not just, ok, I’m the spoiler here. I stood on principle, everybody else is impure.’”

***

***
Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Dire Straits on July 30, 2011 at 1:19 AM

Still no canopfor? Any word?

Geochelone on July 30, 2011 at 1:21 AM

crickets chirping but no real arguments
windansea on July 30, 2011 at 1:18 AM

You need to show up more often. The points and counterpoints have been thrashed around so much here that if HA were an open field, it would look like the grounds of Woodstock on the final day.

We’ve been over it a 1,000 times, you just happened to show up to the party when everyone else is leaving.

Bishop on July 30, 2011 at 1:21 AM

windansea on July 30, 2011 at 1:18 AM

Is it the article where Dr. Sowell said the bill was bad but the Republicans should go ahead and vote for it? The one that failed (shockingly) in the Senate today?

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2011 at 1:21 AM

bluefox on July 30, 2011 at 1:20 AM

Maybe I’m not being clear: I fight for the Tea Party. We should have stuck with CCB and now we have a disaster on our hands.

alwaysfiredup on July 30, 2011 at 1:22 AM

Maybe this will work.

peacenprosperity on July 30, 2011 at 1:22 AM

Dire Straits on July 30, 2011 at 1:19 AM

She’s great as long as you agree with her. I don’t always.

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2011 at 1:22 AM

Color the map Tea Party yellow.

AUH2O on July 30, 2011 at 1:23 AM

Maybe this will work.
peacenprosperity on July 30, 2011 at 1:22 AM

I think that did the trick, Cindy.

peacenprosperity on July 30, 2011 at 1:23 AM

The Ruling Class is trying to dispirit the tea party—to convince them they’re worthless, they don’t understand and that the future of the tea party is utterly hopeless—so that you won’t waste your time trying to primary all of the crooked scumbags.

They are powerless to control your votes, but they can try to influence you to stop using them.

I suggest all of the various local tea party groups print out the roll call on the vote today and primary as many of the yes votes as possible. If people voted yes on this and also for Boehner’s fraudulent sham-CR, too, then they are an even bigger target, IMO.

FloatingRock on July 30, 2011 at 1:25 AM

peacenprosperity on July 30, 2011 at 1:22 AM

Yep, that did the trick. I’ll bookmark it.

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2011 at 1:25 AM

Laura Ingraham is a conservative and a good voice for the conservative movement

She spent the week slamming the Tea Party and urging the house republicans to give in to the senate democrats. Please explain to me how that is being a good conservative.

peacenprosperity on July 30, 2011 at 1:26 AM

TheBlueSite on July 30, 2011 at 1:17 AM

Eh, Palin isn’t the Tea Party and the TP isn’t just Palin.

If PBHO gets reelected it won’t be the fault of the Tea Party. His policies are destroying everyone and if 50.1% of the population votes for more of the same, you can blame them.

Bishop on July 30, 2011 at 1:26 AM

The people who voted for the latest sham bill and the older CR sham bill and the TARP sham bill, then they are a bigger target still.

FloatingRock on July 30, 2011 at 1:26 AM

i know its late, but i’ve been going thru lefty websites to see what they are saying about stuff.

here’s one of the progressive favorites CAP, talking about the wealth gap between low income and middle income.

they have a lot of great ideas. Tax protected “refundable” “savings accounts” (you do know what refundable means don’t you?

and to make sure that “low-income families can also partake of the significant federal benefits that now accrue exclusively to homeowners.”…now afforable housing already failed once, but hey, we’re liberals

and, of course, poor people need pre-paid credit cards….?

Ok, whatever, my point is that we have reframed the debate. I don’t know if we will “win”…but CAP was the Dim Party shadow government..we need to win in Nov

r keller on July 30, 2011 at 1:27 AM

For my alternative viewpoints, I used to read Daily Kos, Firedoglake, etc but they really started to wear on me. Just so much hogwash my brain began to dissolve.

Now I read Lew Rockwell and Zerohedge for alternative viewpoints. Much more informative.

AUH2O on July 30, 2011 at 1:31 AM

they have a lot of great ideas

I really hope I’m missing your sarcasm. If I’m not, go away.

peacenprosperity on July 30, 2011 at 1:31 AM

“Hubris is no one’s friend, and irony is a nag…”

Stick it up your a%s…!

$14 Trillion in current debt…

… $9 – 10 Trillion in the baseline budget in current spending?

American Citizens want to take control of the political elite ruling class to save this Country and the future of their children by their Constitutional right of the vote and they don’t like it…?

Fu%k You…!!!

Rush is right, once again…

… Don’t listen to the media, don’t listen to the manufactured “crisis”, it is Obowma, et al who is in a panic!

The next few days will be very enlightening…

… God Bless the TEA Party!!!

Seven Percent Solution on July 30, 2011 at 1:31 AM

“A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse doe to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship.”

Alexander Tyler
1787

How much more warning do you need?

peacenprosperity on July 30, 2011 at 1:34 AM

Bishop on July 30, 2011 at 1:15 AM

Good catch:-)

bluefox on July 30, 2011 at 1:35 AM

peacenprosperity on July 30, 2011 at 1:31 AM

If I am understanding correctly, the comments on the Lefty sights would indicate that they have wised up to spending more than making and have broadened their horizons on the cure past making the “rich” pay their “fair” share. But they still don’t get it on the real estate front.

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2011 at 1:35 AM

FloatingRock on July 30, 2011 at 1:26 AM

The mere thought of TARP still annoys the heck out of me.

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2011 at 1:37 AM

Laura Ingraham is an Ivy Leaguer and like most Ivy Leaguers loathes the unwashed masses. She has found a lucrative niche playing a conservative, but when push comes to shove Laura always sides with the elites. Besides, rank-and-file Republicans never throw cocktail parties attended by the right people.

Laura Ingraham dated Keith Olbermann. Ann Coulter dated Bill Maher, which had to be the odd couple of all time. Need I say more about their judgement?

bw222 on July 30, 2011 at 1:39 AM

Still no canopfor? Any word?

Geochelone on July 30, 2011 at 1:21 AM

No word..Must be having computer issues..:)

Dire Straits on July 30, 2011 at 1:41 AM

peacenprosperity on July 30, 2011 at 1:34 AM

Did you know that quote is posted at Knoebels amusement park in east-central Pa.? I know the owner is a conservative; don’t know if he’s Tea Party material. But he’s got a great amusement park and campground.

either orr on July 30, 2011 at 1:42 AM

would indicate that they have wised up to spending

I think that’s fanciful thinking, Cindy. They still think tax breaks for money reinvested by companies for expansion, exploration or investment is money taken from the poor. The premise being that the government “owns” all the wealth and those who “grasp” it somehow do it nefariously. Sorry for all the HA regulars who believe that way also but liberals are flat out stupid and/or intellectually dysfunctional. The morons who reflexively vote democrat almost always get bent out of shape when you ask them when or why they decided socialism was the right policy for the US. They have absolutely no idea what they vote for.

peacenprosperity on July 30, 2011 at 1:43 AM

peacenprosperity on July 30, 2011 at 1:26 AM

I get it..Only the Tea Party can be right on an issue..excuse me..my bad..:)

Dire Straits on July 30, 2011 at 1:43 AM

alwaysfiredup on July 30, 2011 at 1:22 AM

I know you do. I thought maybe you could explain what I asked. I can’t see where this is the Tea Party problem.
Perhaps this TP hate has been going on, but I hadn’t seen it except on this site.

bluefox on July 30, 2011 at 1:44 AM

don’t know if he’s Tea Party material.

He is innately Tea Party as well as overtly even if he doesn’t realize it.

peacenprosperity on July 30, 2011 at 1:46 AM

peacenprosperity on July 30, 2011 at 1:46 AM

Well, don’t know what part of the universe you call home, but if you ever get anywhere near Knoebels, I highly recommend it.

either orr on July 30, 2011 at 1:49 AM

Eh, Palin isn’t the Tea Party and the TP isn’t just Palin.

Bishop on July 30, 2011 at 1:26 AM

She kinda is, Bish.

John the Libertarian on July 30, 2011 at 1:49 AM

I get it..Only the Tea Party can be right on an issue..excuse me..my bad..:)
Dire Straits on July 30, 2011 at 1:43 AM

I think Col. West and Thomas Sowell are wrong on this issue but I didn’t spend the week demonizing them and being histrionic.

Now go back to watching entertainment tonite, mildred.

peacenprosperity on July 30, 2011 at 1:50 AM

peacenprosperity on July 30, 2011 at 1:43 AM

I’m pretty sure we should be happy if they make comments about anything other than how all conservatives should suffer a long painful miserable deaths. It’s the little changes that are so touching.

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2011 at 1:53 AM

but if you ever get anywhere near Knoebels, I highly recommend it.

If he were close I’d spend my money with him.

By the way, harry reid is the villian in all this crap, why hasn’t anyone gone national with a call to boycott nevada for what they have imposed on the country? Instead of corporations taking there companies to vegas, bring them to the beach in Florida. Why the hell would companies want thier employees gambling and watching bad celebrity cabaret anyway?

peacenprosperity on July 30, 2011 at 1:54 AM

If people are concerned about the health of the tea party, whether it took some sort of hit today or in recent weeks, take heart, as long as you all continue to vote you will continue to be a force.

The Ruling Class can raise a stink and try to blame the tea party but it is a lie. They are trying to blame us for their own incompetence. The facts are that on the same day we passed Cut, Cap and Trade, the Ruling Class immediately worked to undermine and destroy it. The fact is that the Ruling Class stabbed the tea party in the back, and when they did they chose a different course independent of CCB.

Gang of 6 was unrelated to CCB, as was McConnell’s bill and all of Boehner’s secret backroom sham deals with various sundry characters who also seem to like to operate in secret, behind closed doors.

CCB would be an open, honest, transparent process, like America used to have when I was a younger, and I’m only 41.

But the Ruling Class had absolutely no interest in it whatsoever. They would not give it a fair hearing. Instead, they are now in the process of ramming one of their sham bills down the throats of the American people. If the polls are true that that is what everybody wants, it is only as a result of a massive, fraudulent propaganda campaign, that even many “Republicans” engaged in.

Now the Ruling Class is engaged in a dog and pony show, wherein everything of any import has been virtually wiped off the table. No matter which Ruling Class sham bill the Ruling Class decides on—whether or not there is a compromise—whatever the case may be, all of the bills basically entail raising the debt limit in exchange for promises to reduce the rate of growth in 10 years.

Everybody knows they have an atrocious record of keeping promises. Just take the promises the Republican Party make to convince tea partiers to elect them in ’10, for example. Many of those promises have already been thoroughly broken.

Oh, but all of you Hobbits are supposed to forget about all of that and get your asses in line with the head corporatist dude in Washington. They don’t give a crap what any of you think but when they tell you to get your asses in line you’d better do it.

That’s the kind of government ours has become.

Get involved in your primaries, people.

Don’t. be. sheep.

FloatingRock on July 30, 2011 at 1:54 AM

In what certainly seems like four score and seven years ago, American voters, deceived by a man of a true nature most foul and his media propaganda ministers, brought forth, upon this Nation, a profoundly warped man, conceived who knows where for certain, who is dedicated to the proposition that all men are created weak and subservient to his every insane will and whim.

Now we are engaged in a great battle, testing whether this nation, or any nation so burdened, and so assaulted, can long endure. We are met here on a great internet battlefield, with compatriots in the Tea Party Freedom Movement rallies and compatriot Rush Limbaugh on the radio waves, of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of our lives in honor of our forefathers who dedicated their lives that this nation might live vigorous and free.
It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

It is for us, the living, to be dedicated to the restoration of freedom, liberty, rule of law, progress and sanity which our Founders so nobly brought about. It is for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us – that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they so long ago gave the full measure of devotion – that we here highly resolve that our Founding Fathers shall not have labored in vain; that this nation shall have a rebirth of freedom and responsibility; and that this government will once again be of the people, by the people, for the people, and that we will not allow abominations like Barack Hussein Obama and Harry Reid and their quisling John Boehner to cause it, and it’s shinning light, to perish from the Earth.

Lon Chaney on July 30, 2011 at 1:55 AM

John the Libertarian on July 30, 2011 at 1:49 AM

I like Gov. Palin but I don’t consider her anything more that a supporter of citizen involvement in the field of politics.

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2011 at 1:56 AM

As long as we keep voting, and recruiting more, and making sure they turn out, and get involved in our primaries, the Ruling Class can’t stop us.

We outnumber them. :)

FloatingRock on July 30, 2011 at 1:57 AM

FloatingRock on July 30, 2011 at 1:57 AM

I’d like to get rid of Mica in Florida. He seems to have some kind of train fetish.

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2011 at 1:59 AM

peacenprosperity on July 30, 2011 at 1:50 AM

That is your opinion..I have mine..:)

Dire Straits on July 30, 2011 at 1:59 AM

It really is a mental illness, Cindy. One of my five brothers, who may be the smartest of all of us, pissed of another brother sitting at dinner in a restaurant when in all seriousness he said all of his brothers down here in the south were nazis. My offended brother got up and left. I have no doubt that if there was an emergency he would do what was ever necessary to help but in his liberal, yankee mind I am still an ignorant southernor and nazi.

peacenprosperity on July 30, 2011 at 2:00 AM

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2011 at 1:56 AM

I like her, too. I have no idea how she will serve best. She seems to me a reluctant draft, vs. Bachmann who is opportunistic.

John the Libertarian on July 30, 2011 at 2:00 AM

don’t think a lot of the TP types really get what they are risking here. Palin doesn’t seem too clued in either.

Southernblogger on July 29, 2011 at 11:43 PM

Let me put this in real clear terms. We owe $14.3 trillion and we have about 310 million people. $14.3 trillion divided by 310 million = $46,000 (every man’s, woman’s or child’s share).

But, since 47% of U.S. citizens pay no federal income tax, the share for every member of a taxpaying family is about $90,000. So, the share of the debt for a taxpaying family of four is around $360,000 – more than the value of the typical house.

Perhaps Sarah Palin understands something you don’t.

bw222 on July 30, 2011 at 2:00 AM

bw222 on July 30, 2011 at 1:39 AM

And now Laura Ingraham dates Ann Coulter, and Keith Olbermann dates Bill Maher. Well, it doesn’t sound any crazier, and probably less so.

Lon Chaney on July 30, 2011 at 2:01 AM

Here’s what may happen starting next week, according to the UK Telegraph’s Ambrose Evans-Pitchard, perhaps the world’s finest financial reporter.

Andrew Garthwaite from Credit Suisse said a default would be catastrophic, causing 5pc contraction in the US economy and a 30pc drop on Wall Street, with “massive” ramifications for the world. . . If the US does default, the repo market would probably cease to work. It is hard to imagine money market funds operating under this scenario.

Some experts fear . . .it would drive a string of US states and municipalities into bankruptcy if it lasted more than a few weeks

More good news:

Citigroup said the most likely outcome (60pc chance) of the Washington drama is a rise in the debt ceiling with a small fiscal package below $2 trillion that makes “no material difference” to the US debt trajectory and fails to satisfy rating agencies. This will lead to a downgrade from AAA to AA “initially”.

As we say in California, “Have a Nice Day!”

Emperor Norton on July 30, 2011 at 2:01 AM

That is your opinion..I have mine..:)
Dire Straits on July 30, 2011 at 1:59 AM

Then don’t be a smarmy wise ass when stating your opinion or objecting to mine. You get what you give.

peacenprosperity on July 30, 2011 at 2:01 AM

peacenprosperity on July 30, 2011 at 2:00 AM

It defies logic doesn’t it?

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2011 at 2:02 AM

peacenprosperity on July 30, 2011 at 2:00 AM

And when you call them on their judgmental bullsh!t, they get all offended. You just can’t win.

John the Libertarian on July 30, 2011 at 2:03 AM

peacenprosperity on July 30, 2011 at 2:01 AM

I wasn’t a smart a$$, That was your opinion..:)

Dire Straits on July 30, 2011 at 2:03 AM

Unfortunately, the establishment seems to have gotten to many of the new freshmen and we took a lot of casualties. On the plus side, now we know who the good guys are. Let’s make sure they get reelected. If tea partiers can afford to contribute to their campaigns, that would be fantastic.

FloatingRock on July 30, 2011 at 2:04 AM

She spent the week slamming the Tea Party

peacenprosperity on July 30, 2011 at 1:26 AM

I’m guessing you missed the recent Factor when she tore into Bill O’Reilly in defense of the Tea Party and he nearly killed her mic.

John the Libertarian on July 30, 2011 at 2:05 AM

I’d like to get rid of Mica in Florida.

And he can take ander crenshaw with him if he can find the little slimeball. He not only is ranked at the bottom of every conservative think tanks ratings but I have reason to believe that he may have stupidly tried to use his position to interferedirectly with my business. If so, he’s on the wrong side of the situation and when I deal with the other crap I will do whatever it takes to make sure he never gets reelected.

peacenprosperity on July 30, 2011 at 2:07 AM

John the Libertarian on July 30, 2011 at 2:00 AM

I know, I’m torn also. Her beliefs seem to be closest to my own and I think she might be the only one who is gutsy enough to really shake things up. That said, she really is polarizing. I try to remember that Obama is really polarizing also but I think when it is someone I admire, it’s hard to take. In my mind I magnify everything possible flaw people might find in her. I use to cringe at every criticism of Reagan also.

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2011 at 2:08 AM

Unfortunately, a lot of people adore celebrities. I’m not one of those people. I like actual leaders who know their stuff and aren’t halfwits.

TheBlueSite on July 30, 2011 at 1:17 AM

I have been coming to HA before Palin was selected by McCain, as have you. Every strong Palin supporter I know of at HA either knew of her and liked her before she was picked or became supporters the night she delivered her barnburner at the convention. You seem to know of many star struck commenters who waited until she was a “celebrity” to become followers of hers. By all means, please name names and I can’t think of a single one.

While you are at it, please lay out for us how this weeks debt ceiling developments would have unfoled any differently had Palin kept her opinions to herself.

Kataklysmic on July 30, 2011 at 2:09 AM

Hopefully, the world will forget Republicans are power hungry politicians just like the Democrats and still trust them to fix things.

petunia on July 30, 2011 at 12:40 AM

Why are you on our side, again?

alwaysfiredup on July 30, 2011 at 12:45 AM

If you follow Petunia, virtually all her decisions are based on her Mormon religion. Far more Mormons run as Republicans, therefore Petunia is a Republican.

95% of us couldn’t vare less if a candidate is the same religion as we are. Does he/she support the same political positions we do? That’s all we care about.

bw222 on July 30, 2011 at 2:09 AM

peacenprosperity on July 30, 2011 at 2:07 AM

Why are these incumbents so hard to get rid of? I mean, Corrine Brown? Seriously?

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2011 at 2:10 AM

please name names and as I can’t think of a single one.

Kataklysmic on July 30, 2011 at 2:09 AM

fixed

Kataklysmic on July 30, 2011 at 2:10 AM

I wasn’t a smart a$$, That was your opinion..:)
Dire Straits on July 30, 2011 at 2:03 AM

I get it..Only the Tea Party can be right on an issue..excuse me..my bad..:)
Dire Straits on July 30, 2011 at 1:43 AM

There is your smarmy wise ass quote. I suspect you lisped as you typed it. I stand by my response.

peacenprosperity on July 30, 2011 at 2:11 AM

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2011 at 2:08 AM

Great to see you Cindy..pardon my manners..:)

Dire Straits on July 30, 2011 at 2:11 AM

I stand by my response.

peacenprosperity on July 30, 2011 at 2:11 AM

And I stand by my response..:)

Dire Straits on July 30, 2011 at 2:12 AM

The mere thought of TARP still annoys the heck out of me.

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2011 at 1:37 AM

Chicken Little has had quite a workout lately. It has proven an effective means to lead the sheeple, unfortunately. I may be wrong this time, but I’m more confident that we would have won this one than I was about Wisconsin, which I was confident was going our way in spite of all the fictional polls to the contrary and the chicken littleism. If the Ruling Class had actually given us a fair hearing we would have prevailed.

The media assault was momentous, and still, in the end, even a horde of Ruling Class Repubicans had to join the chorus of fictional chicken little propaganda to get this thing over the finish line. I’m pretty sure that the tea party will still be a force in ’12.

FloatingRock on July 30, 2011 at 2:13 AM

I suspect you lisped as you typed it.

peacenprosperity on July 30, 2011 at 2:11 AM

WTF?

John the Libertarian on July 30, 2011 at 2:13 AM

That said, she really is polarizing.

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2011 at 2:08 AM

I’m convinced her time is coming. I’m just not sure it’s now.

John the Libertarian on July 30, 2011 at 2:14 AM

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2011 at 2:10 AM

Her “district” snakes from Jacksonville all the way down to Orlando through every low income black neighborhood. I used to know a black guy who would agree with me on almost every topic but when Jennifer Carroll ran against brown he scoffed at voting for Carroll and said he was voting for brown cause she was a winner.

peacenprosperity on July 30, 2011 at 2:14 AM

John the Libertarian on July 30, 2011 at 2:05 AM

You would think that Laura, of all people, would understand people who stand on principle. She has some very strong beliefs herself and woe be unto anyone who disagrees with her. I don’t want her to be belligerent when we agree or disagree. She can be like nails on a chalkboard.

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2011 at 2:15 AM

I suspect you lisped as you typed it
peacenprosperity on July 30, 2011 at 2:11 AM

Real class..:)

Dire Straits on July 30, 2011 at 2:16 AM

WTF?
John the Libertarian on July 30, 2011 at 2:13 AM

Just trying to emphasize the smarminess of the original comment. No offense to anyone with a speach impediment.

peacenprosperity on July 30, 2011 at 2:16 AM

OT:

THATS NOT CHAVEZ.

birdhurd on July 30, 2011 at 2:17 AM

Real class..:)
Dire Straits on July 30, 2011 at 2:16 AM

Typical liberal behavior, move the discussion off the topic as quickly as possible. I apologize to anyone who may have been offended by the lisp comment, I should have just said what I thought. You are an idiot.

peacenprosperity on July 30, 2011 at 2:18 AM

Dire Straits on July 30, 2011 at 2:11 AM

Hey dearest! Your manners are fine.

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2011 at 2:18 AM

peacenprosperity on July 30, 2011 at 2:18 AM

Thanks ..Nice show of class once again..:)

Dire Straits on July 30, 2011 at 2:19 AM

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2011 at 2:08 AM

In your opinion could a leader in this time stand for the principles needed to save this country and not be branded as a polarizing nutjob? Imagine he or she brings a perfect pedigree and credentials to the table, is supremely articulate, and has never made an unforced error. Would it be possible for him or her to go against this president and this media in this time with the principles of limited government and fiscal responsibility and be taken seriously and treated with respect?

Kataklysmic on July 30, 2011 at 2:19 AM

I’m pretty sure that the tea party will still be a force in ’12.

FloatingRock on July 30, 2011 at 2:13 AM

God, I hope so.

John the Libertarian on July 30, 2011 at 2:19 AM

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2011 at 2:18 AM

Have you seen canopfor today?..

Dire Straits on July 30, 2011 at 2:21 AM

John the Libertarian on July 30, 2011 at 2:19 AM

Good to see you JtL..Hope all is well..:)

Dire Straits on July 30, 2011 at 2:22 AM

TheBlueSite on July 30, 2011 at 1:17 AM

Like many of the people Kataklysmic mentioned, I started following Sarah Palin right after she defeated Frank Murkowski in the primary. There are very few politicians I truly trust: Palin, DeMint, Susana Martinez, Tim Scott, Steve King. Certainly not McConnell, Boehner, Cantor McCarthy, Romney, Pawlenty or Perry.

bw222 on July 30, 2011 at 2:23 AM

FloatingRock on July 30, 2011 at 2:13 AM

You can tell there is a coordinated attempt to make the Tea Party the villain of all time. It’s always been a target but now it’s full blown war. And yes, I am so very tired of crisis mode, I was hoping that once the Republicans got the House that they would try not to let these situations happen but here we are again.

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2011 at 2:23 AM

She can be like nails on a chalkboard.
Cindy Munford on July 30, 2011 at 2:15 AM

Anyone who has listened to her for awhile will remember that she had a habit of introducing stories about the offensive comments or behavior of the foulest democrat partisans by prefacing that they were such nice people. It used to literally make me scream. A couple of years ago someone must have pointed it out to her and she stopped doing it. I took it as her waking up and realizing how literally evil alot of these people are. Maybe she was just hiding it to keep her listeners happy.

peacenprosperity on July 30, 2011 at 2:23 AM

Kataklysmic on July 30, 2011 at 2:19 AM

I have never volunteered for a politician before. But I would for Sarah, if she decided to run. I would literally hit the streets and engage neighbors. But I would also need to sense the Tea Party and conservative values were flourishing again in 12 like it did in 10.

John the Libertarian on July 30, 2011 at 2:23 AM

Dire Straits on July 30, 2011 at 2:21 AM

No, still no sightings. It is so odd.

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2011 at 2:24 AM

Thanks ..Nice show of class once again..:)
Dire Straits on July 30, 2011 at 2:19 AM

Thanks for the chuckle. You are so stereotypical.

peacenprosperity on July 30, 2011 at 2:24 AM

Dire Straits on July 30, 2011 at 2:22 AM

Did you lisp when you wrote that?!

John the Libertarian on July 30, 2011 at 2:24 AM

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2011 at 2:24 AM

I know..I hope it is computer trouble..

Dire Straits on July 30, 2011 at 2:25 AM

John the Libertarian on July 30, 2011 at 2:14 AM

She has really good political instincts, she’ll know what she should do and when to do it.

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2011 at 2:25 AM

Dire Straits on July 30, 2011 at 2:25 AM

I’m hoping for a really great vacation.

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2011 at 2:26 AM

Did you lisp when you wrote that?!

John the Libertarian on July 30, 2011 at 2:24 AM

LoL!..Why yes I did..:)

Dire Straits on July 30, 2011 at 2:26 AM

Thanks for the chuckle. You are so stereotypical.

peacenprosperity on July 30, 2011 at 2:24 AM

No problem..just trying to fit the mold so to speak..:)

Dire Straits on July 30, 2011 at 2:28 AM

With all the attacks…I think the will is to go strongly and somewhat quietly to the polls. And crush the bastards for good and forever.

birdhurd on July 30, 2011 at 2:28 AM

peacenprosperity on July 30, 2011 at 2:14 AM

There are a certain number of gerrymandered districts that are mandated by federal law. The Democratic Party is having second thoughts about these as a minority Democrat in one of these cancarry 80%+ of the vote while Republicans in bordering districts win with 51%, 53#, etc.

bw222 on July 30, 2011 at 2:28 AM

John the Libertarian on July 30, 2011 at 2:23 AM

I’m in the same boat. I think the Tea Party will still be fluorishing in ’12. But if we get an R POTUS in ’12 and take back the senate and nothing changes, well…all bets are off after that. At least from a political standpoint. (treading lightly)

Kataklysmic on July 30, 2011 at 2:29 AM

I’m hoping for a really great vacation.

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2011 at 2:26 AM

I hope so..:)

Dire Straits on July 30, 2011 at 2:29 AM

Kataklysmic on July 30, 2011 at 2:19 AM

No probably not but like most people I don’t like it when people don’t see what I see. I am seeking childish vindication. Lucky for all involve the we all know it isn’t necessary or likely.

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2011 at 2:29 AM

Lon Chaney on July 30, 2011 at 1:55 AM

Just saw that. Quite Interesting. Very different times we live in now.

bluefox on July 30, 2011 at 2:29 AM

Cindy, did you see my question to you in my 2:19 AM post?

Kataklysmic on July 30, 2011 at 2:30 AM

John the Libertarian on July 30, 2011 at 2:23 AM

I hope Perry and Palin both run..Tell me that would not be a heck of a primary with all the folks we have already running..:)

Dire Straits on July 30, 2011 at 2:31 AM

peacenprosperity on July 30, 2011 at 2:23 AM

That’s what people do about Obama, preface anything they are going to say about his looney policies with glowing remarks about his intelligence or disposition. I think Gov. Romney still does it. When you can get him to remark at all.

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2011 at 2:32 AM

bluefox on July 30, 2011 at 1:44 AM

Both Dems and Repubs in DC have been trashing the Tea Party. Cantor/Boehner try to wave away charges of a fracture in the party by saying the TP really isn’t as powerful as thought. McCain calls us hobbits. Even Allen West disses the Tea Party. Obama and Dems say the Tea Party is holding America hostage. The media eats it all up. I’m surprised you haven’t seen it yet.

The Tea Party is to blame for all America’s financial problems. The irony is the Tea Party is in truth the only entity that truly cares about solving those problems rather than saving political face.

alwaysfiredup on July 30, 2011 at 2:33 AM

Dire Straits on July 30, 2011 at 2:31 AM

It’d be a barnburner for sure.

alwaysfiredup on July 30, 2011 at 2:34 AM

Kataklysmic on July 30, 2011 at 2:30 AM

Partially at 2:30. I don’t think anyone would get a fair shake with our current media. I’m very thankful for the new media but it doesn’t seem like enough to counteract the MSM.

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2011 at 2:35 AM

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2011 at 2:29 AM

I think you and I feel similarly but I wouldn’t call it seeking childish vindication. I don’t want to put words in your mouth, but in essence I think we are fighting for a country where people maintain the liberty to make their own lot in life and are battling against an ideology that wants to remove that liberty.

I think the closest thing we have seen to the perfect being I described in my hypothetical is Chief Justice Roberts. And just look at the way that guy has been demagogued. He is now seen as polarizing, hyper-partison, etc. IMO it’s not possible to be a great leader and not be polarizing.

Kataklysmic on July 30, 2011 at 2:38 AM

alwaysfiredup on July 30, 2011 at 2:33 AM

Did you hear the “hostage” montage on Rush today. So funny. It makes you wonder how people can have any faith in a group of people who don’t appear to be able do anything but spout talking points written for them.

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2011 at 2:39 AM