Video: Crowder on how to be politically incorrect

posted at 9:25 am on July 22, 2011 by Ed Morrissey

Steven Crowder takes on Bill Maher and the notion that Maher does anything remotely describable as “politically incorrect” these days in this new video.  It doesn’t exactly take much courage to go after the the entertainment industry’s favorite targets while working in, er, the entertainment industry. Instead, Steven shows what kind of topics a comedian with actual backbone might pursue, assuming one wanted to show some backbone and tell a little truth to actual power:

Steven and I discussed the topic yesterday on the TEMS, and I said that I don’t think Maher really matters all that much, and hasn’t for years. When was the last time Maher had anything substantive to say on anything? Even for a comedian, Maher is one of the least impactful people in politics; whatever one thinks of Jon Stewart and his approach, Stewart usually has something to add about the issues. Maher’s the kid in the back of the class doing fart noises and trying to ingratiate himself with the cool kids by making fun of the less-popular students. That’s all this misogynistic schtick is, just a way to make the right people in his circles think he’s cool enough to notice momentarily.

Steven disagrees, saying that Maher has a big platform at HBO — which is true — and therefore needs to be answered. This isn’t a bad way to do so.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

FLOTUS looks like a photo-negative of an even less attractive Segourney Weaver! I’m still laughing!

MJBrutus on July 22, 2011 at 1:18 PM

Me too….

It’s my new ringtone!

“Hey Count of Monte Cristo….” also had me snickering.

Tim_CA on July 22, 2011 at 5:10 PM

Count Of Monte Cristo! Har har har ha ha! ROFL!

MCGIRV on July 22, 2011 at 5:47 PM

However, you are now obliged to provide a link to the ACE article so we can judge how funny it is. ;)

kim roy on July 22, 2011 at 3:32 PM

I have been looking for ACE’s master piece. I remember reading it late one night, and thought this is the brilliant. I remember posting a link to The Imus Times. Because Anna Maria Cox used to use Imus’s program. all the time when he was on MSNBC. When Imus was fired, she went all dramatic: I will never appear on Imus in the Morning again…like she was going to be asked SARC.

Dr Evil on July 22, 2011 at 6:28 PM

Surely you can name some beloved conservative comics who headline Tea party conventions or GOP fundraisers. Dave Rywall on July 22, 2011 at 2:11 PM

I wouldn’t know any Dave. I am an Independent that leans Libertarian. You are busy, pigeon holing people, who don’t agree with you. Now people have to be sorted into political comedy camps? LOL!

Dr Evil on July 22, 2011 at 6:37 PM

Dr Evil on July 22, 2011 at 6:37 PM

Might I add that the state of this union isn’t very funny. I don’t want to see people making jokes. I want people to be gravely serious.

bridgetown on July 22, 2011 at 6:52 PM

kim roy on July 22, 2011 at 3:32 PM

Found it, May 25, 2004
The Ace of Spades HQ Sex Blog Warning graphic.

Bill Maher likes to go blue. He hasn’t seen blue LOL!

Dr Evil on July 22, 2011 at 6:53 PM

loved it – i don’t get the ‘count of monte christo’ bit though… ?

Midas on July 22, 2011 at 7:47 PM

I like this guy, saw a Rodney movie recently, Easy Money.
Crowder has a lot of Rodney’s moves.
I loved Rodney, starting to have a bromance with Crowder.

Open The Door on July 22, 2011 at 8:29 PM

They’re politically incorrect to be shocking against what they think is an easy target without fear of reprisal and try to get a laugh. They fail miserably (not once did I laugh at their “humor”) yet he points out why and with genuine humor. Well done.

Yakko77 on July 22, 2011 at 9:20 PM

kim roy on July 22, 2011 at 3:32 PM

Found it, May 25, 2004
The Ace of Spades HQ Sex Blog Warning graphic.

Bill Maher likes to go blue. He hasn’t seen blue LOL!

Dr Evil on July 22, 2011 at 6:53 PM

Thanks! That was one of the weirdest things I’ve ever read. Could have told him not to take the cat – they’ll abandon you every time.

kim roy on July 22, 2011 at 9:21 PM

kim roy on July 22, 2011 at 9:21 PM

The difference between ACE’s targets, and Maher’s targets, although both women. ACE is playing around, he tries to learn from Wonkette’s blog whoring style, using it as as tutorial. After all he’s pretty sure he is a blog whore:) That’s not condescending. Maher always looks down his nose, and is condescending, toward any strong conservative woman, in the news cycle. It’s predictable, and not that funny, his writers are lazy. I guess HBO thinks it’s edgy? Crowder is right Maher is going for the cheap, easy, safe laughs.

Dr Evil on July 22, 2011 at 10:24 PM

Crowder, kicking butt and taking names. Well done, Steven.

Freelancer on July 23, 2011 at 7:31 PM