Obama: It’s that gosh-darned divided government that has kept us from a budget solution, or something

posted at 1:50 pm on July 22, 2011 by Ed Morrissey

I swear, you just can’t make this stuff up. Responding to a question at his town-hall meeting today that expressed frustration at the slow process in the debt-ceiling negotiations, Barack Obama put the blame on voters for the divided government. If Democrats had the town all to themselves, Obama says, he’d be able to spend more time this summer with his daughters:

Say, didn’t Democrats have the town to themselves in 2010? Didn’t they have an opportunity to raise the debt ceiling at that time, and pass a budget for FY2011 as well? In fact, Democrats still control the Senate in 2011. Where is their plan to deal with the issues? For that matter, where is Obama’s?

After all, the House has now passed two of their own plans, the Ryan budget plan that would have (slowly) brought the federal government’s budgets into balance, and the Cut, Cap, and Balance Act that would have forced Washington to do it a lot more quickly. Where the Democrats still have control, they have produced … nothing. Except, of course, whining about how presidenting is kinda tough.

Comments

Story in the WSJ about it. Obama’s latest brilliant plan to help the housing market….and of course by help I mean completely destroy it.

angryed on July 22, 2011 at 2:57 PM

Another briliant idea from Mr. Let’s Spread the Wealth. We’ve already seen from years of taxpayer-subsidized housing how well it works out when the government just hands a home to “low income” people. But hey, maybe this time (of doing that same thing that’s always failed before) we’ll get a different result!

AZCoyote on July 22, 2011 at 3:09 PM

FUBAR: The debt ceiling limit debate.

Mutnodjmet on July 22, 2011 at 3:10 PM

AZCoyote on July 22, 2011 at 3:09 PM

The scary thing is that everyone will be affected by this. Renters and home owners alike. Renters will be f**ed because the govt will now be subsiding low lives who will be taking away rental properties from the market, causing rents to increase. And home owners will be f**ed since the foreclosure in your neighborhood that until now was sitting there with ugly weeds all around will still have ugly weeds and on top of it welfare recipients living in it.

How fun!!

angryed on July 22, 2011 at 3:11 PM

I’m going to be making the case as to why I think we’ve got a better vision for this country . . .

Yeah, but somebody’s going to have to work to get the vision on paper, Mr. President. I hope your daughters will understand.

smellthecoffee on July 22, 2011 at 3:13 PM

I think the little laugh is him thinking about the boobs in the audience that lap this weaselly sh*t up…

He knows he’s full of crap, but his zombie base are so gullible and stupid that it cracks him up…

RalphyBoy on July 22, 2011 at 3:21 PM

RalphyBoy on July 22 @ 2:48 pm.
I’ll bet a lot of friendships have been lost over this guy. It’s saddens me no end that my 80 year old mom doesn’t really speak to me anymore because of all this. The only President in my life time that I believe was this divisive was Nixon. But Nixon was more like a gall stone we knew would pass, where Obama and his followers are more like a cancer that has to be cut out or the results will be dire.

teacherman on July 22, 2011 at 3:37 PM

teacherman on July 22, 2011 at 3:37 PM

Hang in there. I sympathize. My mom and I had some difficulties for awhile over Obama (and Palin) – some of our first serious arguments ever (and I’m 42). We now have an unspoken agreement not to discuss politics, and things are much better.

Missy on July 22, 2011 at 3:40 PM

Lying a%s jackalope…

Seven Percent Solution on July 22, 2011 at 3:42 PM

teacherman on July 22, 2011 at 3:37 PM

Missy on July 22, 2011 at 3:40 PM

Me three, but she’s coming around fast.

slickwillie2001 on July 22, 2011 at 3:44 PM

Poah little Pwesidenty.

AshleyTKing on July 22, 2011 at 3:45 PM

Missy @ 3:40 pm.
Thanks, Missy. And you too slickwillie2001.

teacherman on July 22, 2011 at 3:52 PM

So where are our spokespeople in this? (I refuse to call them leaders.) Why don’t hey tell the senate and O that they have to stay in DC until they craft a proposal? Why is the other side always able to set the rules? Gah, I’m so sick of them playing around with our money.

Used to be you (sorta) knew where your tax dollars were going but now it’s just blatantly crafted misdirection after misdirection ~ from the smelt and the three-legged turtle all the way up to GE not paying taxes but keeping on on our nickel with the Stimulus and Obamacare thrown in for good measure.

marge on July 22, 2011 at 4:02 PM

How can you negotiate with somebody that does not even put forward any proposal?

gullxn on July 22, 2011 at 4:04 PM

The only President in my life time that I believe was this divisive was Nixon.

teacherman on July 22, 2011 at 3:37 PM

When Nixon was shown to be a liar and a crook, almost everyone stepped away from him. There are many who will not trust their lyin’ eyes over what Obama says. They just cannot separate their projected vision of him with the truth.

Fallon on July 22, 2011 at 4:19 PM

teacherman on July 22, 2011 at 3:37 PM
Missy on July 22, 2011 at 3:40 PM
slickwillie2001 on July 22, 2011 at 3:44 PM

My dad and I got in a toe to toe shouting match over Bush/Obama before the 2008 election. He voted for Obama, but now admits that was a big mistake. Our political views are much closer these days.

txsurveyor on July 22, 2011 at 4:24 PM

Say, Odipstick proposed his own budget that should of brought everyone together, right?

What happened to that?

What do you mean his own party voted it down?

So he is complaining about other people not doing a thing when he has failed it. What a loser.

ajacksonian on July 22, 2011 at 4:30 PM

“Barack Obama put the blame on voters for the divided government.”

That’ll be fixed in 2012. ;)

LarryD on July 22, 2011 at 5:10 PM

He sure puts the ‘dick’ in ‘dictator’, doesn’t he?

Left Coast Right Mind on July 22, 2011 at 5:56 PM

Did you guys get that?

He says something like “Americans made this decision about divided government… but I’m going to be making the case as to why I have a better vision for the country.”…. In other words.. he has a better vision for us all than this stupid divided government.

JellyToast on July 22, 2011 at 6:17 PM

“But that’s not how our democracy works…”

Ah….Mr. President, the United States is a REPUBLIC not a Democracy!!!! Geezzzz, I don’t know how many times I’ve had to explain the difference to people.

The public schools have really done a number on the people of America. I Thank God and my parents for sending me to parochial schools.

JeffVader on July 22, 2011 at 6:18 PM

“… this would be a lot easier if I could do this on my own.” — 0bama

Wowwww… A typical leftie tyrant. This whole democratic process thingie just annoys the h3ll out of 0dufus. He really, really wants to be king, not president.

He craves to have Hug0 Chavez’s power.

As I’ve always been told, “fascism usually originates on the left.

Heaven help us.

FlatlanderByTheLake on July 22, 2011 at 7:58 PM

Yeh, he wants everything to be left up to him. I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE the current potus. Hey you SOB, you may have a title, but YOU are ruled by the people.

Damn. So tired of being angry all the time. He’s an idiot.
An look at the dolts sitting behind him. Good God, help us.

skeedro on July 22, 2011 at 11:28 PM

His plan all along was to create this disruption and cause the debt ceiling mess. No one has asked him why have we reached the debt ceiling in the first place. It’s more about the debt and spending. The msm is ignoring the reasons. Expect more speeches about racism and mean republicans and then we will wake up one day to a total take over.

Kissmygrits on July 23, 2011 at 9:03 AM

I’m sorry, but did he just say, “. . . a better vision for the country?” Does this vision involve T.S. Eliot’s the Wasteland, in any way? Seems to me it does.

Pablo Snooze on July 23, 2011 at 3:32 PM

I can’t decide…….

Captain ANTI-America?

DOTUS?

President Cloward Piven?

What term to describe him?

PappyD61 on July 23, 2011 at 4:18 PM

The debt problem was caused y the democrats, Obama a enthusiastic contributor. He wants to make worse in his goal to destroy America. He is a traitor, an indisputable fact. No ethical person supports this criminal.

proconstitution on July 24, 2011 at 12:52 PM