Fear not! Weiner now in therapy

posted at 9:10 pm on July 22, 2011 by Jazz Shaw

It wouldn’t be Friday without some high political farce, and who better to check in on than New York’s gift that keeps on giving, Anthony Weiner? I know you were all terribly worried about him, what with his untreated sex addiction problems and all, but fear not! The New York Post is reporting that he’s finally seeking treatment.

Weiner’s pal told The Post that although it took a while, the fallen former New York congressman recently finally hit rock bottom and is getting therapy for his compulsion to electronically send strange women obscene messages and photos of his body.

Up until now, Weiner “didn’t fully comprehend” how destructive his online exhibitionistic tendencies were, the friend said.

“He was totally in denial. He was saying he may be able to write a book. But to think that he’s in a position to write a book, there has to be a redemption.

“Finally, he did get it. He understood it,” the friend said. “He understood why there was no line of people waiting to hire him.

You know what they say… the first step to solving the problem is admitting you have one. Or something.

But the biggest hurdle he seems to be facing are the various women in his life and convincing them that’s he’s really turned over a new leaf. He mentions three in particular. Two of them you could probably guess, but the the other might come as a surprise.

The horndog ex-House member from Queens is telling friends that while he’s finally started therapy for his sex addiction, the really hard part of his “recovery” will be getting his wife’s boss to believe he’s through with his naughty habits.

“My problem is that I have three women I have to convince that I’m cured: Huma, her mother — and Hillary,” Weiner, 46, told a friend recently.

Weiner’s humiliated, pregnant wife, Huma Abedin, is a top aide to Clinton, whose own hubby, ex-President Bill Clinton, was disgraced by seamy sex shenanigans while in office.

Oh, my! That could be a bit of a tough sell, couldn’t it? Then again, one might think that Hillary would be used to that sort of thing by now…

Comments

No, the hard part and what I believe he won’t do, is when the therapists and he and his wife get together and he is expected to come clean to her by confessing every indiscretion he has committed.

Blake on July 22, 2011 at 9:14 PM

“I’ve got three women to convince”.

Isn’t that what got him into trouble in the first place?

honsy on July 22, 2011 at 9:14 PM

What does “Weiner Therapy” entail?

DeathB4Tyranny on July 22, 2011 at 9:15 PM

“I’ve got three women to convince”.

Isn’t that what got him into trouble in the first place?

honsy on July 22, 2011 at 9:14 PM

As Long as he brings his camera……

Electrongod on July 22, 2011 at 9:17 PM

Well, I’m running down the road
tryin’ to loosen my load
I’ve got seven three women on
my mind,
One that wants to own me,
One that wants to stone me,
One says she’s a friend of mine

coldwarrior on July 22, 2011 at 9:17 PM

So I guess the Weiner finally got tired of sleeping on the couch.

Knucklehead on July 22, 2011 at 9:19 PM

coldwarrior on July 22, 2011 at 9:17 PM

Take it easy..there./

Electrongod on July 22, 2011 at 9:22 PM

You must take care of your Weiner…

Seven Percent Solution on July 22, 2011 at 9:24 PM

Finally, a photo that doesn’t include his body parts!

Idiot. The man isn’t capable of being out of the news. This “leak” from a “friend” doesn’t help him, it only further proves what a pathetic human being he is. He assured us he recognized his problem and was going into therapy weeks ago, right? Now he understands that he was wrong and needs help?

obladioblada on July 22, 2011 at 9:25 PM

Just. go. away.

Philly on July 22, 2011 at 9:30 PM

Just don’t say ‘come back’…Weiner will take it as an invitation.
See if they can beat the stupid out of you, Weiner.

HornetSting on July 22, 2011 at 9:30 PM

Fear not! Weiner now in therapy

Oh, I thought this was about Mr Bobbit.

itsnotaboutme on July 22, 2011 at 9:31 PM

Sounds like Weiner will be in good hands…

Seven Percent Solution on July 22, 2011 at 9:34 PM

Is that a water bottle he’s holding like a safety blanket?

Kini on July 22, 2011 at 9:36 PM

Oh, I thought this was about Mr Bobbit.

itsnotaboutme on July 22, 2011 at 9:31 PM

LOL.
You had me in stitches.

Electrongod on July 22, 2011 at 9:37 PM

Is he going to be treated for sex addiction, narcissism, or both?

Kini on July 22, 2011 at 9:38 PM

This HERE alone is comedy gold…

HornetSting on July 22, 2011 at 9:39 PM

Weiner therapy entails a stint as a CNN anchor.

faraway on July 22, 2011 at 9:40 PM

..that poor child growing in his wife’s womb..

bridgetown on July 22, 2011 at 9:40 PM

Is that a water bottle he’s holding like a safety blanket?

Kini on July 22, 2011 at 9:36 PM

OMG!
If he isn’t careful he could bet his Wiener in a Bottle.

Electrongod on July 22, 2011 at 9:40 PM

His behavior on the floor of the House had me convinced long ago that he’s just another insane Liberal Moonbat. A Statist so thoroughly brainwashed he actually believed his own lies. Seeing how he doesn’t have a law degree, I guess he’s going to have to resort to selling used cars. “No, I don’t want to see your iPhone twitter pictures buddy…I said show me the CarFax”…..

Liberal Loser………….

adamsmith on July 22, 2011 at 9:41 PM

Unless it’s a ‘positions’ book…or, maybe, how to capture the perfect pic of your shaved shaft….

HornetSting on July 22, 2011 at 9:41 PM

Will he have to give up his Blackberry when showering?

Kini on July 22, 2011 at 9:41 PM

I would start with the mom…especially if she comes over wearing a vest.

HornetSting on July 22, 2011 at 9:43 PM

So, in that picture, is he talking on his water bottle?

mchristian on July 22, 2011 at 9:44 PM

HornetSting on July 22, 2011 at 9:41 PM

no no no….

“How I wanted out, and Texted all the right people”.

upinak on July 22, 2011 at 9:46 PM

Weenie can count himself lucky, if he had my wife he would already be dead.

Bishop on July 22, 2011 at 9:47 PM

and we care about this why?

Willie on July 22, 2011 at 9:47 PM

So, in that picture, is he talking on his water bottle?

mchristian on July 22, 2011 at 9:44 PM

Actually he is getting advice from the water bottle while programing TOTUS that is beside him for the next Obama speech. He is acting out “Carnac the Magnificent” with his napkin to add some flare.

Electrongod on July 22, 2011 at 9:51 PM

HornetSting on July 22, 2011 at 9:41 PM

Book Titles: The Joy of Weiner
Don’t you wish you could see my Oscar Meyer?
Me and my Blackberry
I’m too sexy for my Congressional District
Talk Dirty and I’ll send you a Pic

Kini on July 22, 2011 at 9:52 PM

So what’s Weiner’s Liberal Support Team telling him now?

That the only “redemption” from pathological narcissism is a whole lot MORE pathologial narcissism.

With friends like these, who needs friends?

logis on July 22, 2011 at 9:54 PM

OMG!
If he isn’t careful he could bet his Wiener in a Bottle.

Electrongod on July 22, 2011 at 9:40 PM

Did you mean “bet” or “fit”?
I wonder if he should have all objects that he could hurt himself with be removed from the padded cell

Kini on July 22, 2011 at 9:56 PM

HornetSting on July 22, 2011 at 9:41 PM
Book Titles: The Joy of Weiner
Don’t you wish you could see my Oscar Meyer?
Me and my Blackberry
I’m too sexy for my Congressional District
Talk Dirty and I’ll send you a Pic

Kini on July 22, 2011 at 9:52 PM

Very nice!

HornetSting on July 22, 2011 at 9:57 PM

Sex addiction?

Really?

I’m just a victim!!!!!!!!!!! A victim of this horrible disease.

Mel Gibson defense.

ButterflyDragon on July 22, 2011 at 9:58 PM

If he’s anything like Bill and Hillary Clinton, it’s all about how far he can pull the wool over the eyes of the American public. Public perception is everything to those guys. They wouldn’t know the truth if it bit them.

Paul-Cincy on July 22, 2011 at 9:59 PM

He should go to scummy Arabia, find hummers dad and put his head on the block

we can dream

Sonosam on July 22, 2011 at 10:00 PM

I couldn’t Huma myself

Kini on July 22, 2011 at 10:01 PM

And I can’t believe I convinced myself to sit here and read about this turdy nerd’s problems……..yes, it is Friday night and I am bored…..aloha!

devolvingtowardsidiocracy on July 22, 2011 at 10:03 PM

Weiner shouldn’t beat himself up too much over this…

Seven Percent Solution on July 22, 2011 at 10:05 PM

I have three women I have to convince.

Trixie, Hayley-Lynn, and my wife’s divorce attorney.

HitNRun on July 22, 2011 at 10:24 PM

Is he really flying peasant class? What a come down.

Dingbat63 on July 22, 2011 at 10:50 PM

One night with Hillary and he’ll be cured of the sex addiction. The trama however will last a lifetime.

milwife88 on July 22, 2011 at 10:51 PM

He’s in therapy? Guess I better consider changing my username, then.

Paid for by the Committee to Erect Anthony Weiner on July 22, 2011 at 10:55 PM

C’mon……weiner pics are nothing compared to white house hummers and dna-stained dresses.

‘ol Bill accidently flashes “little Bill” a good ten times a day……!

The Hil-ster will be fine with it!

Tim_CA on July 22, 2011 at 11:20 PM

Don’t these women have any pride? I’d be thinking more along the lines of the woman who cut off her ex’s part and threw it down the garbage disposal.

Then again, his wife is from a culture that allows men to do whatever they want with whomever they want.

Common Sense on July 22, 2011 at 11:22 PM

Paid for by the Committee to Erect Anthony Weiner on July 22, 2011 at 10:55 PM

Weiner!!……..Winner!!

Tim_CA on July 22, 2011 at 11:22 PM

This comes with the bonus of Weiner having to convince the wife of the man who married him.

You cannot write this stuff. Reality is stranger than fiction.

BKennedy on July 22, 2011 at 11:43 PM

At least he could have engaged in some real sex for all the trouble he has caused all and sundry.

Pitiful!

If it weren’t for the technology would he have been a good boy?

Does what he did count as a sex addiction??

And does sex addiction truly exist??

Anyway I loathe this creep!

Sherman1864 on July 23, 2011 at 2:00 AM

Weiner now in therapy

Therapy huh? How about shock therapy?

He was saying he may be able to write a book.

Would it be a Pop-Up book by any chance?

New video of Anthony Weiner at a party.

Left Coast Right Mind on July 23, 2011 at 3:20 AM

Weiner will find it hardest in the morning…

Seven Percent Solution on July 23, 2011 at 3:39 AM

The first step toward recovery is to stop shaving your chest and balls.

joe btfsplk on July 23, 2011 at 6:27 AM

What does “Weiner Therapy” entail?

DeathB4Tyranny on July 22, 2011 at 9:15 PM

Aye, there’s the rub…

(Apologies to William Shakespeare, and Hamlet, too.)

viking01 on July 23, 2011 at 7:59 AM

What does “Weiner Therapy” entail?

DeathB4Tyranny on July 22, 2011 at 9:15 PM

Aye, there’s the rub…

(Apologies to William Shakespeare, and Hamlet, too.)

viking01 on July 23, 2011 at 7:59 AM

*facepalm*

itsnotaboutme on July 23, 2011 at 9:06 AM

I guess I’m dense, but I don’t see what Hillary has to do with it. Why does he have to convince her? Is she Huma’s Svengali of some kind? Is Hillary going to fire Huma if Tony doesn’t behave the way HILLARY wants? This is a personal family matter that doesn’t involve a spouses boss, does it? What gives? Can anyone answer these questions for me?

JimP on July 23, 2011 at 9:15 AM

“ – and Hillary,”

Which immediately brings to mind Limbaugh’s parody of the Hillary Clinton testicle lock box.

Kalifornia Kafir on July 23, 2011 at 11:40 AM

In the beginning, I suspected Weiner’s marriage to Huma was purely to get access to the Clinton power machine. Now I’m convinced of it.

RebeccaH on July 23, 2011 at 12:44 PM

Not wanting to sound shallow but:
Are not the Weiners the ugliest couple you have ever seen?
I would have given Bill a pass if he had just said: “I am sorry for being caught fooling around, have you seen how big my wife’s cankles are, have you heard that wicked witch cackle, can you believe those ugly pant suits she wears?” but nooo, just like Tony the Tiger, he had to lie. Tony could have said: “Have you seen how ugly my wife is? She is always with that lesbian Hillary. Who can blame me for wanting a little distraction?” We would have all understood but nooo, he had to lie too and blame his indiscretions on Andrew, just like Shirley.

Open The Door on July 24, 2011 at 9:47 AM

If Weiner’s “therapy” does not involve several years in a private sector job, where he has to undergo job performance evaluations that don’t involve himself speaking BS in front of news cameras, then he will not have been through any kind of real therapy.

dissent555 on July 24, 2011 at 9:49 AM