Quotes of the day

posted at 9:30 pm on July 18, 2011 by Jazz Shaw

“Sarah Palin is the subject of a new film that opens Friday. John Wilson, the founder of the Golden Raspberry Awards, which annually recognize the worst movies of the year, seemingly can’t wait for “The Undefeated.”

“She’s the political equivalent of what the Razzies are all about and she’s hysterically funny if you don’t stop and think, ‘Oh, my God, she could’ve been vice president!’ ” John Wilson told Tom O’Neil at the Awards Tracker blog.

“Past winners of Razzies for “worst actress” include such luminaries as Pia Zadora, Bo Derek and the Spice Girls.”

***

“Herman Cain says voters across the country should have the right to prevent Muslims from building mosques in their communities.

“Our Constitution guarantees the separation of church and state,” he said. “Islam combines church and state. They’re using the church part of our First Amendment to infuse their morals in that community, and the people of that community do not like it. They disagree with it.”

“Asked by host Chris Wallace if any community could ban a mosque if it wanted to, Cain said: “They have a right to do that.”

***

“I think that nothing could disenfranchise an eligible voter more than finding out that ineligible voters are voting,”

Tre Hargett, Tennessee secretary of state

“And Republicans appear to be winning over public opinion. Polls shows that an overwhelming majority of voters back ID requirements.”

“In Tennessee, the Republican secretary of state, Tre Hargett, is preparing plans and public service announcements to make sure voters in his state adjust smoothly to the new rules. They’ll be required to show photo ID at the polls and to provide proof of citizenship when they register to vote.”

***

Oh, no! The guy who’s hosted 35 fundraisers and raised $86 million in the first six months of the year can’t get out to do more of them!

By the way, over at the lefty site, FireDogLake:

Jim Messina tried to claim in his video announcing the Q2 numbers that 98% of all donations were $250 or less, and the average contribution was $69 from around 550,000 contributors. That gives the impression of a grassroots-fueled army. Messina didn’t say that these numbers excluded the DNC contributions, mostly maxed-out $30,000 donations. And now, the fact of these bundlers complicates Messina’s narrative even more. It’s possible – in fact, given the numbers, it’s likely – that a portion of the under-$250 contributions were collected by bundlers. I think we can say with confidence that bundlers aren’t going to “ordinary Americans” for those collections. They are rich elites who go to their rich elite friends.

In fact, Obama for America only cited less than half of their total contributions – $21.4 million – as “unitemized,” meaning they were smaller than $200 donations that don’t need to be teamed with identification. You can pretty safely bet that almost no DNC Victory Fund donations were under $200. That would mean that 3/4 of all money collected by Obama for America and the DNC Victory Fund were through donations over $200. That syncs with the bundler data.

***

“I’ve been working 14 hours a day on trying to stand this … agency up, really for more than a year now,” she said. “When I go home, I’ll do more thinking then. But I need to do that thinking not from Washington.”

Elizabeth Warren, the Harvard law professor tapped by President Obama to set up the new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), said Monday she would think about running for Sen. Scott Brown’s (R-Mass.) seat in 2012.

In response to a question, Warren told MSNBC that she needed to go home and think about whether to run against Brown.

***

Most bloggers on the right side of the blogosphere haven’t increased their traffic significantly in years. Moreover, the right side of the blogosphere as a whole is definitely shrinking in numbers as bloggers that have had trouble getting traction are quitting and fewer and fewer bloggers are starting up new blogs.

Why is this? There are several reasons for it.

1) The Right is structured differently than the Left. We have a large, effective talk radio presence and Tea Parties for new conservatives to sink their energy into. So conservatives have more viable ways to get involved in the movement outside of blogging than the Left did when George W. Bush came into office.

2) The rise of social networking has peeled a lot of people off, too. A lot of people who’d have been haunting blogger comment sections five years ago are spending their days on Twitter and Facebook now.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

AP i guess is on vacation so this QOTd is JAZZ ‘s monster.

unseen on July 19, 2011 at 12:26 AM

He’s going to get a bonus too. 300 posts and counting.

katy on July 19, 2011 at 12:29 AM

Dire Straits on July 19, 2011 at 12:27 AM

Bo Derek’s a conservative.
And you’re interested in her acting skills just like Travis Tritt married a Playboy centerfold because he was in love w/her mind.
*knowing look*

annoyinglittletwerp on July 19, 2011 at 12:30 AM

katy the mean old lady on July 19, 2011 at 12:28 AM

Will do..:)

Dire Straits on July 19, 2011 at 12:30 AM

Does anyone know if Palin and Bachmann are still having their periods? Hot flashes, maybe?

MeatHeadinCA on July 19, 2011 at 12:30 AM

It’s too bad we don’t have one of those types of Presidents today.

darwin-t on July 19, 2011 at 12:27 AM

does golf count?

unseen on July 19, 2011 at 12:30 AM

Dire Straits on July 19, 2011 at 12:27 AM

I’ve never seen a Bo Derek film, but she’s a Republican so I like her for that :)

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on July 19, 2011 at 12:30 AM

A Modern President being incapacitated for days at a time is unacceptable. No matter who they are.

portlandon on July 19, 2011 at 12:23 AM

They now have amazing drugs to control migraines these days. I’ve been taking them for years as has my mom. And they are not narcotics either.

Does he have health issues that incapacitate him for days at a time?

portlandon on July 19, 2011 at 12:26 AM

He had cancer, and openly admits it. I guess that chemo and stuff doesn’t incapacitate anyone or something like that.

Knucklehead on July 19, 2011 at 12:31 AM

There’s a reason why islam gets high ‘conversion’ numbers in prisons…

annoyinglittletwerp on July 18, 2011 at 11:59 PM

I’ve always found this curious as well. Something about this “faith” — the perverted, extremist version of it — seems to appeal to people of questionable character. Too bad it’s so un-P.C. I would love to see someone study the phenomenon.

NoLeftTurn on July 19, 2011 at 12:23 AM

Part of the problem there is that some stupid members of the American black community were sold on the notion that islam was the religion of their ancestors in Africa before being sold into slavery. That con was a master stroke by the muslims.

slickwillie2001 on July 19, 2011 at 12:31 AM

Dreadnought on July 19, 2011 at 12:11 AM

I guess you are having trouble keeping up. The downplaying of the news was my response to Katy’s post which tried to downplay the article….but you knew that. You started the persoanl attacks with your 11:17 post. you then accused me of worship. And accussing me of smearing with innuendo which is exactly what Obama supporters use to do to anyone that questioned his record or positons.

So doctor heal thyself.

unseen on July 19, 2011 at 12:22 AM

Saying someone worships or smears isn’t namecalling, it’s describing an action.

If you said that I “hated Palin irrationally” or something else, I’d disagree with you, but I wouldn’t call it “namecalling”

“Troll”, “Obama supporter”, “moby”, “****”, F-bombs etc, that’s namecalling, and I’ve gotten two years of it around here, from the day Palin resigned, and I questioned the move.

Dreadnought on July 19, 2011 at 12:31 AM

Not sure about timmy not huntsamn. Palin I think has seperated the islamofacists from the rest in her speeches same as Santorum. don’t know Bachmann’s stance on it.

unseen on July 19, 2011 at 12:29 AM

Have any links? Quotes?

MeatHeadinCA on July 19, 2011 at 12:31 AM

He’s going to get a bonus too. 300 posts and counting.

katy on July 19, 2011 at 12:29 AM

lol yeap check is already in the mail…

unseen on July 19, 2011 at 12:31 AM

It’s too bad we don’t have one of those types of Presidents today.

darwin-t on July 19, 2011 at 12:27 AM

No Doubt. I bet Obama has to get his breakfast menus 2 days ahead of time so he can make a decision if he wants his eggs scrambled or Over Easy.

portlandon on July 19, 2011 at 12:32 AM

And they are not narcotics either.

Bob Marley Pharmaceuticals? ;)

MeatHeadinCA on July 19, 2011 at 12:33 AM

MeatHeadinCA on July 19, 2011 at 12:30 AM

I’ve heard that little Bammie gets sympathy cramps from M’chell, so that’s a cancel.

slickwillie2001 on July 19, 2011 at 12:33 AM

Modern day? No, not really- but the point was that if the definition of “religion” is decided on a history of militancy, Islam wouldn’t be the only one excluded.

Hollowpoint on July 19, 2011 at 12:19 AM

OK I give, Islam is a EVIL religion. Most religions that are EVIL are in the Cult category. Most Cults have twisted a religion, Islam started out EVIL. Mohammad the founder of Islam was EVIL, why would his religion not be EVIL? Satanists do not even come close to Islam in the EVIL category.

IowaWoman on July 19, 2011 at 12:33 AM

John Derek was married to Ursula Andress, Linda Evans and Bo Derek.

bw222 on July 19, 2011 at 12:33 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on July 19, 2011 at 12:30 AM

You are correct..She is also big into protecting animals..especially those used in movies and tv..:)

PS..And did I leave out that she has a beautiful set of..She has a beautiful mind!..:)

Dire Straits on July 19, 2011 at 12:34 AM

MeatHeadinCA on July 19, 2011 at 12:30 AM

Excellent point. Menopause is a ^&*(& and you never get hotflashes when it’s -30 out-but one’ll hit when it’s 90+.
*grumble. mutter*
///

annoyinglittletwerp on July 19, 2011 at 12:35 AM

MeatHeadinCA on July 19, 2011 at 12:30 AM

I can’t believe you went there LMAO!!!! But I’m sure someone here has the answer……………………..

Knucklehead on July 19, 2011 at 12:35 AM

slickwillie2001 on July 19, 2011 at 12:33 AM

Well, I don’t know about that, but he does probably have southern bleeding when Mo rips him a new one for not sending her on a new vaca.

MeatHeadinCA on July 19, 2011 at 12:35 AM

Have any links? Quotes?

MeatHeadinCA on July 19, 2011 at 12:31 AM

no just going from memory. I’ll try to look some up if I get some time

unseen on July 19, 2011 at 12:35 AM

blatantblue on July 19, 2011 at 12:25 AM

Islam is a death cult, as is liberalism. That is why they are allied together. It’s working out very well in Europe.

Really Right on July 19, 2011 at 12:35 AM

Aslans Girl on July 19, 2011 at 12:30 AM

I agree..I am glad she is a Republican..:)

Dire Straits on July 19, 2011 at 12:36 AM

Dreadnought on July 19, 2011 at 12:31 AM

Translation: Anonymous comments on an internet blog really hurt my feelings because I am really sensitive.

Also, You never liked Palin Dreadnought. You said so yourself.

Oh come on. I don’t even like Palin, but I don’t see anything wrong with that.

It doesn’t hurt that it is also quite an accurate statement. Or an understatement, if anything.

Dreadnought on October 31, 2010 at 4:42 PM

Why do you care so much what people call you? Why do you argue with people who support someone you don’t even like?

portlandon on July 19, 2011 at 12:36 AM

*grumble. mutter*
///

annoyinglittletwerp on July 19, 2011 at 12:35 AM

Soon enough, you’ll be over them ;)

MeatHeadinCA on July 19, 2011 at 12:36 AM

John Derek was married to Ursula Andress, Linda Evans and Bo Derek.

bw222 on July 19, 2011 at 12:33 AM

lucky man

unseen on July 19, 2011 at 12:36 AM

WTF are you talking about now…?

katy on July 19, 2011 at 12:24 AM

If you can’t keep up with the conversation, it’s best not to try.

Hollowpoint on July 19, 2011 at 12:37 AM

Knucklehead on July 19, 2011 at 12:35 AM

It seemed like the last frontier. We’ve gone everywhere else with these two Republican “women” (though, I haven’t seen their birth certificates, yet).

MeatHeadinCA on July 19, 2011 at 12:37 AM

Why yes he does, and no one is talking about his health issues here either. I wonder why that is?

Knucklehead on July 19, 2011 at 12:24 AM

I dunno — does he have any?

I’m sympathetic to Bachmann. I used to get migraines. Not so much anymore as I’ve gotten older, but they were debilitating and miserable. I can see where it would be fair to raise the issue. It would be inconvenient for POTUS to be stuck with a crushing migraine just about the time some crazy Muslim decided to drive a truck bomb into an American military base or something, wouldn’t it? Like it or not, a candidate’s health is relevant.

All of that said, I hate to say “Told ya so,” but I predicted this kind of crap was going to happen when Bachmann emerged as a contender and everyone started jumping up and down and getting excited as though she were some version of Palin but without the baggage. Everyone has baggage, and where there isn’t any, the press will manufacture it. The only difference is that the press is clean out of ammo for Palin but they’re just getting started with Bachmann.

NoLeftTurn on July 19, 2011 at 12:37 AM

no just going from memory. I’ll try to look some up if I get some time

unseen on July 19, 2011 at 12:35 AM

I would be interested in knowing. Any candidate that can stand up to Islam gets a gold star from me.

MeatHeadinCA on July 19, 2011 at 12:38 AM

John Derek was married to Ursula Andress, Linda Evans and Bo Derek.

bw222 on July 19, 2011 at 12:33 AM
lucky man

unseen on July 19, 2011 at 12:36 AM

That was planning not luck.

darwin-t on July 19, 2011 at 12:38 AM

Soon enough, you’ll be over them ;)

MeatHeadinCA on July 19, 2011 at 12:36 AM

Started when I was 34. Almost 41.
Too young for this %^&* anyway.
*stomps foot and rolls eyes*

annoyinglittletwerp on July 19, 2011 at 12:39 AM

Knucklehead on July 19, 2011 at 12:31 AM

So he HAD Cancer. He is not taking Chemo anymore. (Past tense)

Bachmann HAS migraines that incapacitate her for days at a time. (Present Tense)

portlandon on July 19, 2011 at 12:39 AM

When will you get in front of a TV camera & denounce Sharia?

itsnotaboutme on July 18, 2011 at 10:16 PM

If the question is “Sharia in the U.S.”, then all freedom-loving people and those who believe in the Constitution should do it. If not, they deserve what Sharia has coming for them.

Schadenfreude on July 19, 2011 at 12:39 AM

That’s what you’re hoping anyway.///
*you know I’m NOT an MB supporter*

annoyinglittletwerp on July 19, 2011 at 12:01 AM

Not now, but there’s a 50-50 chance you will become one within the next three months.

bw222 on July 19, 2011 at 12:39 AM

MeatHeadinCA on July 19, 2011 at 12:37 AM

Good point!..:)

Dire Straits on July 19, 2011 at 12:39 AM

I dunno — does he have any?

MeatHeadinCA on July 19, 2011 at 12:40 AM

Dire Straits on July 19, 2011 at 12:34 AM

Andrew Klavan has the sexiest brain.
*swoon*

annoyinglittletwerp on July 19, 2011 at 12:40 AM

Bob Marley Pharmaceuticals? ;)

MeatHeadinCA on July 19, 2011 at 12:33 AM

Not that lucky!!! But I used to get my worst migraines when I had long hair and wore it up!!

Seriously!

Knucklehead on July 19, 2011 at 12:41 AM

Started when I was 34. Almost 41.
Too young for this %^&* anyway.
*stomps foot and rolls eyes*

annoyinglittletwerp on July 19, 2011 at 12:39 AM

Anticipating grandchildren soon? ;)

MeatHeadinCA on July 19, 2011 at 12:41 AM

Dreadnought on July 19, 2011 at 12:31 AM

saying you are acting ike an Obama supporter is not the same as calling you an Obama supporter but you knew that too.

unseen on July 19, 2011 at 12:41 AM

bw222 on July 19, 2011 at 12:39 AM

You’re a d*ck.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 19, 2011 at 12:41 AM

That was planning not luck.

darwin-t on July 19, 2011 at 12:38 AM

well then how about sneaky bastar!?

unseen on July 19, 2011 at 12:43 AM

Anticipating grandchildren soon? ;)

MeatHeadinCA on July 19, 2011 at 12:41 AM

Since my son is 17 and his girlfriend turns 15 this fall I damn well better NOT be!
*grrrr*

annoyinglittletwerp on July 19, 2011 at 12:43 AM

So he HAD Cancer. He is not taking Chemo anymore. (Past tense)

portlandon on July 19, 2011 at 12:39 AM

We could talk some conditional probability here. Given that Cain had cancer in the past, what’s the probability that he will have cancer in the future?

Do I lie awake worrying about whether Cain (if elected) will have to undergo Chemo again? Nope.

MeatHeadinCA on July 19, 2011 at 12:43 AM

Dreadnought on July 19, 2011 at 12:01 AM

If anyone “orchestrated” the 2010 conservative midterm victory is was Barack Obama, unintentionally.

-Aslan’s Girl

Concise and accurate.

Dreadnought on July 19, 2011 at 12:44 AM

slickwillie2001 on July 19, 2011 at 12:31 AM

Muslims have the longest running record on Slavery. The word slave comes from Slavs being captured by Muslims and forced into slavery. Muslims are still slave trading, they have never stopped. Africa being their hunting ground of choice right now. This truth is not taught in any History classes, no wonder we can be fooled so easily.

IowaWoman on July 19, 2011 at 12:45 AM

MeatHeadinCA on July 19, 2011 at 12:38 AM

Santorum speech on Islamofacists: A turning point in defining the enemy

unseen on July 19, 2011 at 12:45 AM

Anyway, does anyone know Palin’s family’s health history? Bachmann’s? Mitt’s? Inquiring minds (obviously) need to know.

MeatHeadinCA on July 19, 2011 at 12:45 AM

You’re a d*ck.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 19, 2011 at 12:41 AM

I can be President!!!

bw222 on July 19, 2011 at 12:45 AM

Nevada man sues DMV over rejection of ‘GOPALIN’ license plate

Go Obama was ok.

Schadenfreude on July 19, 2011 at 12:45 AM

Wow, so many of you are annoying, whining babies. You know who you are so save the backlash.

We must defeat the blue-lipped, jug-eared bass-tard. Can we all agree on that at least.

Hard to read HA these days. I know, I can find other blogs. Stuff it.

carbon_footprint on July 19, 2011 at 12:45 AM

Santorum speech on Islamofacists: A turning point in defining the enemy

unseen on July 19, 2011 at 12:45 AM

Now, that you bring him up, I do remember several years back him talking about Islamofacism. It’s an interesting term.

MeatHeadinCA on July 19, 2011 at 12:46 AM

Maybe we should also order up some psych evals for all the candidates. We know Obama would fail!!!

MeatHeadinCA on July 19, 2011 at 12:47 AM

We have reached the 350 + mark..Nice Job Jazz Shaw!..:)

PS..I should note that an assist goes to Michele Bachmann’s Headaches..:)

Dire Straits on July 19, 2011 at 12:49 AM

it’s all interesting, if you are an establishment stalking horse what all can be overlooked. Overlook problematic pastor? Check. Overlook partner who’s run a degaying center on public monies? Check. Overlook medical history which shows some deep seated problems? Check. Overlook your own lack of experience, your gaffes etc? Check. COD did not have any problems except maybe going on Maher’s show and saying something stupid. It’s funny to watch trolls who went after her declare Bachmann to spotlessly pure. Very funny how it works.

promachus on July 19, 2011 at 12:50 AM

MeatHeadinCA on July 19, 2011 at 12:38 AM

Sarah Palin Defends Claim That Islam Is “Evil And Wicked Religion”

Sarah Palin Defends Claim That Islam Is “Evil And Wicked Religion”
Ben Smith points out that Sarah Palin has come out in defense of evangelist Franklin Graham, Billy Graham’s son, who was disinvited by the Army from an official ceremony because of his history of anti-Islam remarks.

For once, this counts as Palin making real news: She’s siding with someone who unequivocally said Islam is a “very evil and wicked religion” in 2001.

In defending Graham, Palin claimed that Graham’s remarks were directed only at radical and violent Jihadists:

His comments in 2001 were aimed at those who are so radical that they would kill innocent people and subjugate women in the name of religion. Are we really so hyper-politically correct that we can’t abide a Christian minister who expresses his views on matters of faith? What a shame.

unseen on July 19, 2011 at 12:51 AM

Here’s Bachmann on multiculturalism and Islam in Europe.

There’s a video.

Though, to be fair… Debbie Schlussel isn’t happy with Bachmann hiring the Pan-Arabist Ed Rollins.

MeatHeadinCA on July 19, 2011 at 12:53 AM

MeatHeadinCA on July 19, 2011 at 12:46 AM

He had a great interview on rush but then blew the Nh debate. It’s like when he gets in front of a Tv he is a different person. i wish he would catch on a little bit more he brings good topics to the debate.

unseen on July 19, 2011 at 12:53 AM

MeatHeadinCA on July 19, 2011 at 12:53 AM

Schussel has a lot of…issues.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 19, 2011 at 12:54 AM

unseen on July 19, 2011 at 12:51 AM

I’m glad Palin defended him. He does a lot of good work and he was right about Islam.

MeatHeadinCA on July 19, 2011 at 12:54 AM

MeatHeadinCA on July 19, 2011 at 12:54 AM

Franklin Graham’s a mensch.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 19, 2011 at 12:55 AM

unseen on July 19, 2011 at 12:53 AM

I’m not a huge RS fan, but I do think he makes some great points about Islam.

MeatHeadinCA on July 19, 2011 at 12:55 AM

Schussel has a lot of…issues.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 19, 2011 at 12:54 AM

Yeah…

MeatHeadinCA on July 19, 2011 at 12:56 AM

And if that is true, then why do some many complain when Palin’s quitting the governor’s office is brought up?

Dreadnought on July 18, 2011 at 11:28 PM

That’s barking up the wrong tree with me, Dread.

A) I don’t care that Sarah Palin “quit,” “abdicated,” “resigned,” or whatever else sort of spin you want to put on it…

and

B) I think it’s stupid to suggest that I should base my vote based on what anyone else thinks about it.

How you got “I have a problem with you bringing it up” out of that is beyond me.

gryphon202 on July 18, 2011 at 11:39 PM

Gryphon:

I wasn’t referring to you in any of my responses, so I don’t really understand what you are saying here.

I didn’t say you (or anyone) should base their vote “based on what anyone else thinks about it.”

My point was: how is it fair to bring up someone’s supposed “health issues”, but bringing up their conduct in office (including leaving office) is off-limits? Seems inconsistent to me.

Dreadnought on July 19, 2011 at 12:57 AM

MeatHeadinCA on July 19, 2011 at 12:43 AM

from my understanding he has passed the 5 year mark which means he is very unlikely to have a recurrence.

So no I don’t worry about it either

unseen on July 19, 2011 at 12:57 AM

Dreadnought on July 19, 2011 at 12:57 AM

ROFL when has anything about Palin been offlimits?

unseen on July 19, 2011 at 12:58 AM

ROFL when has anything about Palin been offlimits?

unseen on July 19, 2011 at 12:58 AM

Ain’t that the truth.

portlandon on July 19, 2011 at 1:01 AM

Schussel has a lot of…issues.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 19, 2011 at 12:54 AM

That’s like saying that Antartica has a lot of ice ;)

Hollowpoint on July 19, 2011 at 1:02 AM

MeatHeadinCA on July 19, 2011 at 12:53 AM

Bachmann has since retreated from her remark about Obama having anti-american views. It was on Face the nation a couple weeks ago. She said she doesn’t believe that anymore or something like that.

I agree with her that not all cultures are equal. Multiculturism sucks.

unseen on July 19, 2011 at 1:02 AM

Herman Cain is on Greta right now talking about the race card.

Knucklehead on July 19, 2011 at 1:03 AM

I agree with her that not all cultures are equal. Multiculturism sucks.

unseen on July 19, 2011 at 1:02 AM

I thought she did a good job (for a politician) of summing up what multiculturalism is and why it sucks.

MeatHeadinCA on July 19, 2011 at 1:04 AM

Herman Cain is on Greta right now talking about the race card.

Knucklehead on July 19, 2011 at 1:03 AM

I don’t have access to cable :/

MeatHeadinCA on July 19, 2011 at 1:05 AM

unseen on July 19, 2011 at 1:02 AM

Obama DOES have a lot of ‘anti-American’ views.
He’s an internationalist and and an opportunist.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 19, 2011 at 1:05 AM

I don’t have access to cable :/

MeatHeadinCA on July 19, 2011 at 1:05 AM

That’s too bad. They’re now talking about the raising of the debt ceiling. Cain pretty much said the Republican’s are going to cave. He’s giving great on answers on how to fix the mess.

Knucklehead on July 19, 2011 at 1:07 AM

Obama DOES have a lot of ‘anti-American’ views.
He’s an internationalist and and an opportunist.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 19, 2011 at 1:05 AM

And these are his good qualities!

IowaWoman on July 19, 2011 at 1:08 AM

MeatHeadinCA on July 19, 2011 at 1:04 AM

yeah It was a pretty good sumation.

unseen on July 19, 2011 at 1:08 AM

unseen on July 19, 2011 at 1:02 AM

Video included

MeatHeadinCA on July 19, 2011 at 1:09 AM

Obama DOES have a lot of ‘anti-American’ views.
He’s an internationalist and and an opportunist.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 19, 2011 at 1:05 AM

i agree. i was disappointed when Bachmann walked back he comment I was hoping she would double down in it instead.

unseen on July 19, 2011 at 1:09 AM

Knucklehead on July 19, 2011 at 1:07 AM

I just hope he does not get a Headache..:)

Dire Straits on July 19, 2011 at 1:11 AM

MeatHeadinCA on July 19, 2011 at 1:09 AM

from your link:

and Bachmann admitted “there’s a lot of things I wish I had said differently.”

Bachmann informed Schieffer that despite some past comments, “I don’t question the President’s patriotism at all.”

I understand why she did it. I’m just not impressed that she did.

unseen on July 19, 2011 at 1:13 AM

MeatHeadinCA on July 19, 2011 at 1:04 AM

So which monoculture are we then given the fact that multiculturalism is such an awful thing. Tell us what the one overriding culture is that the US will officially adopt in order to avoid the sucky multiculturalism.

lexhamfox on July 19, 2011 at 1:13 AM

Dreadnought on July 19, 2011 at 12:57 AM

ROFL when has anything about Palin been offlimits?

unseen on July 19, 2011 at 12:58 AM

According to some around here discussing her resignation is off-limits, a distraction, etc.

Dreadnought on July 19, 2011 at 1:15 AM

lexhamfox on July 19, 2011 at 1:13 AM

Being American is a culture, douchebag. We define our own culture — the culture of FREEDOM. None like it in the world.

gryphon202 on July 19, 2011 at 1:16 AM

Knucklehead on July 19, 2011 at 1:07 AM

I just went on my congressman’s website to see how he intended to vote.
Neugebauer BETTER vote against raising the ceiling w/out substantial cuts in spending/no tax hikes.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 19, 2011 at 1:17 AM

Rick Perry tones down ‘call’ language

Amid all the tea-leaf reading about Rick Perry and a presidential run, it’s been hard to discern how much of the interest is coming from the man himself, or from his backers.

And Perry did little to clear things up today, when he walked back some of his language about a ‘calling’ from a Des Moines Register interview this weekend. He also sounds, as this report notes, somewhat less wedded to a potential run than people expected:

There’s a lot of different ways to be called,” Perry said Monday after signing a health-care bill at the Capitol. “My mother may call me for dinner. My friends may call me for something. There are people that are calling from all across this country into either me directly or to people that they know and saying man we wish you would consider doing this.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0711/59308.html#ixzz1SWd7C8qt

and the dance continues. i think we should just mark Labor day on our calanders for the date at which the race will be set.

unseen on July 19, 2011 at 1:18 AM

lexhamfox on July 19, 2011 at 1:13 AM

My family isn’t part of a ‘multi-culture’-they’re blended into the great American melting pot.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 19, 2011 at 1:19 AM

Dreadnought on July 19, 2011 at 1:15 AM

I think it’s old news. it has been dicussed to death with many many many posts and threads about it. It has certainly never been off-limits.

unseen on July 19, 2011 at 1:20 AM

lexhamfox on July 19, 2011 at 1:13 AM

the american culture. you know the one that has been around for 235 years.

unseen on July 19, 2011 at 1:22 AM

Interesting QOTD Jazz…

… I’m a little late to the thread and really don’t know where to start, so I won’t.

Maybe next time you can write about how JoAnne Kloppenburg spends her days squatting over a mirror writing letters to her genitals…

… just sayin’.

Seven Percent Solution on July 19, 2011 at 1:22 AM

For Lexhamfox.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 19, 2011 at 1:22 AM

lexhamfox on July 19, 2011 at 1:13 AM

Don’t like our culture, leave, and don’t let the door hit you in a$$ on the way out.

Knucklehead on July 19, 2011 at 1:22 AM

I understand why she did it. I’m just not impressed that she did.

unseen on July 19, 2011 at 1:13 AM

I understand as well. I would have hit him harder. His values run counter to the majority of Americans. That needs emphasizing given the media sure doesn’t want to point that out. But she didn’t do it. Still not bad.

MeatHeadinCA on July 19, 2011 at 1:24 AM

lexhamfox on July 19, 2011 at 1:13 AM

I think you misunderstand exactly what multiculturalism is. Bachmann gives a brief reference to what most academics describe multiculturalism as – essentially tribalism. A separate but equal tribalism. That’s not something I support.

As other commenters have pointed out, there is an American culture that promotes individual freedom. That’s worth pursuing.

MeatHeadinCA on July 19, 2011 at 1:28 AM

MeatHeadinCA on July 19, 2011 at 1:24 AM

Bachmann is doing fine..Much to the chagrin of the Palinistas..:)

Dire Straits on July 19, 2011 at 1:33 AM

Bachmann is doing fine..Much to the chagrin of the Palinistas..:)

Dire Straits on July 19, 2011 at 1:33 AM

Palinistas are just having fun seeing her implode in days. :)

promachus on July 19, 2011 at 1:36 AM

MeatHeadinCA on July 19, 2011 at 1:28 AM

When I come home from any of the many journey’s I’ve taken out of the U.S. in the past 4 years, the greatest sound to my ears when I arrive at that Customs/Immigration checkpoint, after I’ve handed over my passport is…..
…….”Welcome Home”

Those words are like magic and to be cherished forever.

Knucklehead on July 19, 2011 at 1:36 AM

Palinistas are just having fun seeing her implode in days. :)

promachus on July 19, 2011 at 1:36 AM

When does the implosion start? When she starts cramping and bloating?

MeatHeadinCA on July 19, 2011 at 1:38 AM

Those words are like magic and to be cherished forever.

Knucklehead on July 19, 2011 at 1:36 AM

Amen.

MeatHeadinCA on July 19, 2011 at 1:39 AM

seeing her implode in days. :)

promachus on July 19, 2011 at 1:36 AM

Improving poll numbers do not equal imploding.

Nutter.