Bachmann raised just $4.2 million in second quarter

posted at 5:54 pm on July 15, 2011 by Allahpundit

Half that amount was raised in a mere 18 days after she formally declared her candidacy, but given her reputation as a fundraising juggernaut, the bottom-line number sure does look anemic next to Romney’s $18 million haul. At Commentary, Jonathan Tobin wonders if she’s ready for prime time:

Bachmann’s excuses for this showing will center on the fact that at the start of the quarter she barely had a campaign, let alone the sort of organization that would allow her to rake in the big bucks. Her Internet fundraising operation, key to a grass roots populist candidacy such as hers, so far lacks the sophistication and promotional efforts needed for her to harness the energy of enthusiastic Tea Party and conservative Christian backers…

Having lifted herself from the second tier to leading alternative to the frontrunner in just a few weeks, Bachmann no longer has the ability to fly below the radar. The congresswoman’s fast start has set high expectations that require her to do more than just skate by. If Bachmann’s performance in the Iowa straw poll in August or the next fundraising report again falls short of what we believe a first-tier candidate must do, her hopes will suffer.

Does anyone think she’ll fall short of a first-tier showing in the straw poll? My assumption’s been that, at worst, she’ll finish second. Bachmann’s also in an odd spot in that, even after her poll surge, no one’s sure how seriously to take her yet. She could bleed lots of support if Perry/Palin get in (which, in Perry’s case, sounds likely) — or, if they don’t, she might surge as tea partiers and social cons choose her as their undisputed standard-bearer. If Romney, Pawlenty, and Ron Paul do a solid job of organizing for the straw poll, Bachmann could finish surprisingly badly there and have to endure a “paper tiger” narrative that leaves would-be donors looking for an alternative. Or maybe she’ll destroy them all and suddenly attract big money as people start to view her as a legitimate threat. Point being, except for T-Paw, no one has as much riding on Ames as Bachmann does. It’s almost pointless to look at their respective balance sheets now since things will change dramatically next month one way or another. But if you do want to look at those sheets, here’s a line to chew on: Although T-Paw outraised her for the quarter (he took in $4.5 million), he had just $1.4 million in cash on hand at the start of July before the big push to Ames. Bachmann has more than $3.6 million, although it’s not clear right now how much of that is for the primary rather than the general. Presumably most of it is, which means Pawlenty’s already in the hole money-wise while he’s trying to catch up in the polls. (Speaking of being in the hole, a factoid from Matt Lewis: Gingrich’s campaign is more than a million dollars in debt — and half of that amount is due to chartering private planes.)

Lest you think Bachmann’s not serious about the nomination, here’s CNN’s report today about her leaving her church in the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod last month before her official announcement. Per Lutheran tradition, WELS names the Papacy as the Antichrist; Bachmann, presumably fearing a Rev. Wright problem next year, decided to limit her exposure early, I guess. Undaunted, the left’s seized on an exciting new meme that gives them the chance to attack an ideological opponent while indulging in the sort of cheap jokes that they’ve otherwise derided for years: They think Bachmann’s husband, whose clinic aims to turn gays straight, is totally, totally gay himself. Can’t wait for the Obama attack ad.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

You’re a real piece of work. Fair is something you no nothing about,

Knucklehead on July 16, 2011 at 12:15 AM

But I do know the difference between No and Know. :)

Geochelone on July 16, 2011 at 3:47 AM

But I do know the difference between No and Know. :)

Geochelone on July 16, 2011 at 3:47 AM

So you think that you exhibit superior intellect because you noticed a fellow HA member made a simple mistake and are insisting that member REALLY thinks “no” means “to be cognizant or aware of”?

In reality you are simply devoid of the ability to debate in a intellectually honest manner.

csdeven on July 16, 2011 at 7:38 AM

I am trying to be fair because apparently she is going blind, her business is failing, her parents won’t move, she is stuck in ILL, her Bank of America Account was hacked and some loon is stalking her over at Amazon;

Geochelone on July 16, 2011 at 12:04 AM

What a despicable use of private information for your own personal gratification. I hope you feel better, because with a personality like that, you clearly have no friends.

csdeven on July 16, 2011 at 7:42 AM

Lord Almighty you’re that nasty first thing in the morning?

We’re gonna have to up your meds. Try and stay hydrated as well.

darwin on July 16, 2011 at 7:47 AM

If you people would stop feeding it, it might go away. Learn to ignore.

Pattosensei on July 16, 2011 at 12:32 AM

They will never fix their problem as long as you lie to them about the facts of what is happening. The scenario plays out the same way every time. First, a fellow Hot Air member makes a criticism of Palin. They respond with a somewhat appropriate response. When their defense of Palin is challenged, they resort to personal insults. The response to their attempt to hijack the thread and make it about the person criticizing Palin, is to criticize their attempt at hijacking the thread. You are calling that response “trolling”. That is patently not true.

The real solution to this is for them to realize that criticism of Palin is not an insult to them. They are not Palin and Palin is not them. If they were to do that, they would either ignore the criticism of Palin or to respond solely to the merits of the criticism.

So I understand your concern for them, but calling criticism of Palin “trolling” is a lie and only reinforces their belief that insulting their fellow commentators is an appropriate response. Thus the general tone at Hot Air is that of a Jr High school yard.

csdeven on July 16, 2011 at 7:56 AM

Lord Almighty you’re that nasty first thing in the morning?

We’re gonna have to up your meds. Try and stay hydrated as well.

darwin on July 16, 2011 at 7:47 AM

You woke up obsessing over me? Dude, get a life. Clean out the rain gutters on grammys house. You live there for free, it would be the least you could do.

csdeven on July 16, 2011 at 7:58 AM

If you people would stop feeding it, it might go away. Learn to ignore.

Pattosensei on July 16, 2011 at 12:32 AM

You’re right of course, but csdeven is like watching a train wreck … hard to ignore sometimes, fascinating to watch the self destruction.

I’ve been prescribing heavy sedatives for csdeven all night with no effect. Must have a high tolerance. Involuntary physical restraint in a medical facility is still an option though.

darwin on July 16, 2011 at 8:04 AM

csdeven on July 16, 2011 at 7:42 AM

It wasn’t private, it’s been discussed on various threads here…Still a bit too direct for my tastes, even excerpted…

Gohawgs on July 16, 2011 at 8:04 AM

csdeven on July 16, 2011 at 7:56 AM

Substituting csdeven for Palin would be a bit more accurate…

Gohawgs on July 16, 2011 at 8:06 AM

Gohawgs on July 16, 2011 at 8:04 AM

I should have used the term “personal”. She clearly shared that information to explain herself and did not expect it to be used as a tool to insult and silence her.

csdeven on July 16, 2011 at 8:26 AM

but csdeven is like watching a train wreck … hard to ignore sometimes,

darwin on July 16, 2011 at 8:04 AM

Sometimes? Bwahahahahahaha!!! You are unable to stop obsessing! Lets try another technique to help you past it.

Every time you read a comment critical of Palin, do not look at the author…..simply ignore it or respond to the merits of the criticism of Palin. If you do that, eventually it will become clear to you how deep your obsession over me has become. At that point you will realize how obvious your inappropriate obsession with me is to the group. The embarrassment you should feel might just give you the impetus to put the obsession down.

csdeven on July 16, 2011 at 8:33 AM

Substituting csdeven for Palin would be a bit more accurate…

Gohawgs on July 16, 2011 at 8:06 AM

Do you understand that if you were to rewrite my comment with me being the subject is just further evidence of the inappropriate obsession with me and they are using a political blog to express that obsession?

Perhaps you could convince Hot Air to change over to a csdeven format and make me the topic of every thread? Then you would not be guilty of hijacking and engaging in an inappropriate obsession with a fellow member you will never meet.

csdeven on July 16, 2011 at 8:38 AM

csdeven on July 16, 2011 at 8:33 AM

^^^

delusion of grandeur: the gross exaggeration of one’s importance, wealth, power, or talents, as manifested in such disorders as megalomania, general paresis, and paranoid schizophrenia.

darwin on July 16, 2011 at 8:41 AM

Here is the truth minus all of the spin we are receiving. She has spent a lot and doesn’t have that amount of cash on hand.

What does it take to get the truth these days. She is an underperformer and out of her league.

Jayrae on July 16, 2011 at 8:46 AM

windansea on July 15, 2011 at 7:40 PM

^ not a poker player

powerpro on July 16, 2011 at 8:52 AM

csdeven on July 16, 2011 at 8:38 AM

You end up claiming to the be the subject of most threads you comment on with your “why are you making “this” about me passive agressive routine…I’m never guilty of hijacking threads (if you don’t count QOTD)…The one with the inappropriate obsession is you with yourself when you trot out your “me routine”…Wait. I’ll correct my last sentence. Anyone that says basicially the same word on one thread over 36 hours is obsessed with someone other than themselves…Wellll, maybe not…Who says we haven’t met?…

Gohawgs on July 16, 2011 at 8:54 AM

darwin on July 16, 2011 at 8:41 AM

In light of your continued obsession with me, it is clear you have eschewed reality. I don’t ask you to obsess over me, I am simply pointing out to you that you are obsessing over me. That fact is evident and reinforced with every comment you direct at me. You are not doing yourself any favors by fooling yourself into believing that I WANT your obsession.

Let me help you…..

I, csdeven, do NOT want you to continue to obsess over me. I see it as creepy, inappropriate, and deranged.

csdeven on July 16, 2011 at 8:54 AM

Bwahahahahaha!!! YOU are hijacking this thread with that comment! Your obsession with me has blinded you to that reality.

… The one with the inappropriate obsession is you with yourself when you trot out your “me routine”…Wait. I’ll correct my last sentence.

“Me” routine? I never mention me until you start obsessing over me. I am trying to get you to stop obsessing over my every comment.

Gohawgs on July 16, 2011 at 8:54 AM

That one word is “csdeven” and it is you and your ilk that do it. I do not appreciate your obsession with me. I do not want it and have not asked you to do so. You are so completely obsessed with me, that you don’t even realize you are obsessing over me. It has now reached the point that you have created a false reality where your obsession with me is justified and me asking you to stop is inappropriate. Seriously dude, it’s creepy.

And I am certain I have never met you. I have never been to your grammys basement and it’s clear you do not venture out of doors.

csdeven on July 16, 2011 at 9:04 AM

First one out of the box was one of yours fellow Palin supporters.\

Knucklehead on July 16, 2011 at 12:02 AM

Riiiiight….and the comment itself had nothing to do about Palin. You anti-Palin snarkers just don’t have a grip on logic. The fact reamins, the FIRST mention of Palin in this thread was from an anti-Palin snarker, and you b1tch about us Palinistas hijacking the thread.

ddrintn on July 16, 2011 at 9:09 AM

csdeven on July 16, 2011 at 9:04 AM

Let’s see, personal attacks…Check

I, I, I, I, I, I…Check

me, me, me, me, me, me, me…Check

I was wrong. We haven’t met. I’ve never met Obama…

Gohawgs on July 16, 2011 at 9:10 AM

Everyone will notice that her main, and often, only critics on hotair threads are the known palin operatives. Criticism of Bachmann is fair, but when it comes almost exclusively from the Sarah Palin cheering section, the criticism itself is astroturfed

I’m a Pawlenty guy here, Bachman is a disaster in the making to anyone who has solid understanding of how elections work, and not just the red meat eating online base that is the greater makeup of HotAir readers. If you could see the oppo research being put together on her, and the rhetorical arguments against her lack of leadership experience (not lack of legislative accomplishments, but leadership in general), and there is simply no way one could think she is a good candidate for President.

The problem is that these Obama years have made folks around here so desperate for a voice, that they conflate a voice for conservatism with a good presidential candidate. The two are not the same, and only in some rare exceptions, such as Regan, did we get lucky.

SuperBunny on July 16, 2011 at 9:27 AM

Eighteen days my foot. When did she hire that nutjob Rollings? The woman has been running since February.

In the first place she raised 1.6 and not 2 million. With all the staff, advertisements, the bus, and so on, it is safe to say that most of her bills have not arrived yet.

We kept hearing she had this great fundraising team put together and now all of the sudden she doesn’t. Give me a break!

Bachmann’s campaign probably has less funds than T-Paw right now. All the hit stories on T-Paw and it looks like he is doing better than Bachmann. Bachmann knows how to play the insider games and it’s all mirrors.

You know when a certain person gets in, it is over for Bachmann. That is why she jumped in so early because she knew the beltway was going to try and make her the first coming in order to keep somebody else out.

Come on folks, that somebody could careless what the corrupt MSM or the beltway has to say.

We are in countdown mode to when that Magnificent Warrior will announce.

Any bets it may be on the Useful Idiot’s birthday.

oldyeller on July 16, 2011 at 9:46 AM

We are in countdown mode to when that Magnificent Warrior will announce.

Any bets it may be on the Useful Idiot’s birthday.

oldyeller on July 16, 2011 at 9:46 AM

Hadn’t thought of that date…That would be a “shame”, for him and his $13K+ per person party guests…

Gohawgs on July 16, 2011 at 9:54 AM

One more thing, remember how she couldn’t wait to release her first quarter dollars. It was look at me, look at me. The funds were for her congress seat and not for a presidential run.

Why did she release a fake number for the second quarter?? Because the MSM would run with that fake number but the people in Iowa aren’t stupid.

Why did it take her so long to release her second quarter numbers? The reason is because the numberes are awful.

T-Paw – 4.5 million
MB – 1.6 million

It does not matter how many days you had to raise funds. If the funds are there they would have poured in. I thought Romney raised almost 10 million in one day??

T-Paw must be laughing all the way to the straw poll.

oldyeller on July 16, 2011 at 10:00 AM

T-Paw must be laughing all the way to the straw poll

You betcha ;)

SuperBunny on July 16, 2011 at 10:33 AM

Let’s see, personal attacks…Check

I, I, I, I, I, I…Check

me, me, me, me, me, me, me…Check

I was wrong. We haven’t met. I’ve never met Obama…

Gohawgs on July 16, 2011 at 9:10 AM

You cannot hide your obsession with me by projecting your obsessive behavior on me. Every additional comment you make referring to me is more proof that you are totally out of control of your obsession. What is it about the comment I made telling you I do not want you to obsess over me is too difficult for you to grasp?

Your obsession on me is creepy, inappropriate, and deranged. It’s pretty simple to see if you would stop, calm your mind for a moment, and allow reality to inform your behavior.

csdeven on July 16, 2011 at 11:13 AM

oldyeller on July 16, 2011 at 9:46 AM

I have no doubt she raised that much in 18 days. The test will be if she can keep that up.

csdeven on July 16, 2011 at 11:17 AM

The actual truth is that Bachmann raised $2.5 million and transferred $2 million from her Congressional account.

But, anything to make Bachmann look good as the writers at HA view her as a tool to stop Sarah Palin. If Palin decides she is not running the HA staff will drop Bachmann immediately.

bw222 on July 16, 2011 at 12:02 PM

csdeven on July 16, 2011 at 11:17 AM

Indeed. Financial flashes in the pan don’t win elections.

Uncle Sams Nephew on July 16, 2011 at 12:13 PM

I don’t know how much of a threat Perry or Palin will be to Bachmann. I don’t think I will support her in the primary, because I think she panders. She is smart and she is good on her feet, but it just seems to me that there is something unserious about her.

And Perry has a huge deficit to deal with and while his job numbers are good compared with a lot of states, they are still higher than states like Iowa. In fact here in Indiana our unemployment rate is about 8.2% as of May and it was 8% in Texas and we have a 1.4 billion dollar surplus. I know Perry says all the things that conservatives like to hear, but this man used to support Al Gore. And when it was time to abandon him, he did and then he supported George Bush..and of course when it was time to abandon Bush he turned on him too. I would vote for him if he was running against Obama, but I am not sure if I trust the man.

I just wish we could get serious people with good records. However, I am not sure that the primary process is really set up for that. After all, the Democrats could have picked someone like Evan Bayh or Phil Bredesen, but they went for Barack Obama. Look where that has gotten us. Mr. Charisma has just about bankrupted the country.

Terrye on July 16, 2011 at 1:07 PM

Um, wouldn’t it prove that his theory was right that gays can be cured if he is gay himself? He’s fairly clearly cured, it would seem.

{^_-}

herself on July 16, 2011 at 1:29 PM

Terrye on July 16, 2011 at 1:07 PM

You’re in Indiana, right? Go see the Palin flick. It will change the way you think about her. You might like it.

alwaysfiredup on July 16, 2011 at 1:52 PM

You’re a real piece of work. Fair is something you no nothing about,

Knucklehead on July 16, 2011 at 12:15 AM

But I do know the difference between No and Know. :)

Geochelone on July 16, 2011 at 3:47 AM

csdeven on July 16, 2011 at 7:38 AM

It was a joke; but even if it wasn’t it is still a rather tame reply to the assertion that “I am a real piece of work” and that I relish the thought of someone losing their eyesight.

As if I delight in someone going blind. That is well more offensive that saying “I do know the difference between No and Know.” with a smiley face at the end.

I knew (or is it new) that is was a typo.

BTW few here take you seriously. Your well documented exploits precede you and cast your reputation in a bad light.

Geochelone on July 16, 2011 at 2:51 PM

I am trying to be fair because apparently…

Geochelone on July 16, 2011 at 12:04 AM

csdeven on July 16, 2011 at 7:42 AM

Did you read my other posts explaining this comment? What part of

“I am trying to be fair”

don’t you understand? or

“so I can understand her short fuse”

or

“I feel sorry for you and your predicament which is why I HAVE AVOIDED YOU. I explained that so others might cut you some slack.”

Geochelone on July 16, 2011 at 2:57 PM

That is well more offensive that than saying…

Geochelone on July 16, 2011 at 2:51 PM

Fixed.

Geochelone on July 16, 2011 at 3:00 PM

Fixed.

Geochelone on July 16, 2011 at 3:00 PM

My magic is still working..:)

Dire Straits on July 16, 2011 at 3:13 PM

My magic is still working..:)

Dire Straits on July 16, 2011 at 3:13 PM

LOL. I never made a typo until you taught me, O Master.

As quickly as you can snatch this typo from my hand.

Me Grasshopper, DS Master. Hehe :)

Geochelone on July 16, 2011 at 3:28 PM

This is meaningless. Romney’s $$ is coming from corporate America. You know that bunch that wants to leave the southern border open and porous? The bunch that is addicted to cheap, illegal labor?? The bunch that opposed AZ HB1070? And E-Verify? Yea!!
Michele has to depend on Mom/Pop middle America. She doesn’t need $18 mil. Her $4mil is a goodly amount. If she uses it efficiently, it’ll be enough. But she could do better if she had better advisers. DD

Darvin Dowdy on July 16, 2011 at 4:01 PM

Geochelone on July 16, 2011 at 3:28 PM

LOL..:)

Dire Straits on July 16, 2011 at 4:04 PM

Indeed. Financial flashes in the pan don’t win elections.

Uncle Sams Nephew on July 16, 2011 at 12:13 PM

And she wont win if she thinks she can ride the initial excitement for her either. She will need to stay flexible and moving forward. Fresh ideas showing a deep understanding of the limits placed on the government by the constitution.

csdeven on July 16, 2011 at 4:47 PM

Look, Bachmann is only being taken somewhat seriously because of the heavy evangelical fundamentalist share of the GOP caucus/primary voters in early states Iowa and South Carolina. It’s the Huckabee constituency where her social conservative credentials and sharp rhetoric earn support.

You can label everyone else running as “establishment” all you like, but the fact remains the GOP hasn’t nominated an “insurgent” candidate without real governing experience since Goldwater.

Adjoran on July 16, 2011 at 4:51 PM

It was a joke;

Geochelone on July 16, 2011 at 2:51 PM

Your generally nasty personality doesn’t lend itself to occasional joking around. Especially with people you insult on a daily basis. The circle jerk group you hang with may get you, but most simply shake their heads and move on to a different comment. If you want to have friendly banter with folks you have political disagreement with, it’s best to never call them a troll or other despicable names.

csdeven on July 16, 2011 at 4:51 PM

Adjoran on July 16, 2011 at 4:51 PM

Which is probably a good idea. But I believe that the right person could govern the country in a perfectly acceptable way. A humble patriotic person who loves this country. I can’t say if Bachmann is that person and only time will tell.

csdeven on July 16, 2011 at 4:56 PM

Adjoran on July 16, 2011 at 4:51 PM

Well, that worked out really well.

Really Right on July 16, 2011 at 5:26 PM

I asked DARPA if they could equip a Wild Weasel with a missile that could locate and home in on a specific commenter.

They said sure.

Flight of four Wild Weasels on the way.

darwin on July 16, 2011 at 5:43 PM

It was a joke;

Geochelone on July 16, 2011 at 2:51 PM

csdeven on July 16, 2011 at 4:51 PM

Stretching the truth again? Well if what you say is so true then it should be a simple matter for you to find many many links where I call people names. I called you a D-Bag once just the other day because you have some kind of irrational grievance against Cindy, of all people, for some reason or other. You in fact are so much of a nuisance that you are despised by people on both sides of the debate.

Other than that, Please cite the despicable names I have used and show where this rises above the level of what occurs in normal conversation right here on HotAir; such that it is deserving of this claim–>> ‘people you insult on a daily basis’.

And who is this ‘circle jerk’ group I hang out with?

When have I ever called anyone other than AnninCA a troll; and that was years ago? She was in fact a Concern Troll and was banned from another blog for Trolling.

I was called a cultist and a hypocrite on this very thread and I did not fire back with name calling. But you take issue with this–vvvv

But I do know the difference between No and Know. :)

Notice the smiley face? Hint, that means its a joke.

Geochelone on July 16, 2011 at 6:13 PM

Geochelone on July 16, 2011 at 6:13 PM

Watch out, or you will be told you have earned a comparison between yourself and Al Queda.

Seriously.

Brian1972 on July 16, 2011 at 6:17 PM

Geochelone on July 16, 2011 at 6:13 PM

Seriously.

Brian1972 on July 16, 2011 at 6:17 PM

I remember that one. csdeven did that to you, right?

Geochelone on July 16, 2011 at 6:30 PM

I remember that one. csdeven did that to you, right?

Geochelone on July 16, 2011 at 6:30 PM

Yep. Won’t take it back or apologize, so I mostly ignore now.

I’ve mentioned this person so now I suppose I’m “obsessed”.

What a pathetic joke that is.

Brian1972 on July 16, 2011 at 6:42 PM

Geochelone on July 16, 2011 at 6:13 PM

Unlike you I don’t collect comments of other members. But rest assured, the very next time I see it from you, you’ll be reminded of this.

And yes, I saw the smiley face. But coming from you, it has no real meaning. Especially when you generally present a nasty personality.

csdeven on July 16, 2011 at 6:50 PM

Opinionator on June 29, 2011 at 5:21 AM

You do use the same justifications for your positions as Alinski, Progressives, and terrorists do.

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 9:44 AM

Brian, here is another one?

LINK

Geochelone on July 16, 2011 at 6:50 PM

csdeven on July 16, 2011 at 6:50 PM

Ok, Sounds fair. In other words you can’t back up your claim that I call people Trolls or other nasty names ‘daily insults’ with any PROOF? Got it.

O Look.

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 9:44 AM

Here is a reminder for you of your style and personality. LINK

Geochelone on July 16, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Geochelone on July 16, 2011 at 6:50 PM

Yes, I think that’s what started it all. I challenged the comparison forcefully, then I was told I earned the same comparison myself.

I do not think anyone here who debates these issues deserves such an inflammatory, insulting and offensive thing to be said about them.

Despite all our vigorous disagreements, we are all Americans here.

My strenuous objection stands.

Brian1972 on July 16, 2011 at 6:59 PM

Despite all our vigorous disagreements, we are all Americans here.

My strenuous objection stands.

Brian1972 on July 16, 2011 at 6:59 PM

You are certainly NOT debating the issues when you are obsessing on me. You are in fact OBSESSING on me.

You an strain all you like…but your tactic of blaming me for your extremist behavior is exactly what progressives and terrorists do.

If you don’t like the comparison, don’t behave it that fashion. Accept the fact that you have an inappropriate obsession with me. When you cease obsessing on me, I will cease pointing out that you are obsessing on me.

csdeven on July 16, 2011 at 9:08 PM

Geochelone on July 16, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Because I don’t collect any comments by others, like you and others whom are obsessed with me do, I do not have an example on hand. But rest easy….it will only be a matter of time before you do so again and at that time I will remind you of this discussion.

csdeven on July 16, 2011 at 9:13 PM

Another trip down csdeven memory lane:

I quit reading his/her comments about a week ago. I thought maybe he/she would tone it down after a while, but judging by your response to some comment he/she made, that is clearly never going to happen.

It sounds like he/she has gotten worse. A week ago he/she was the most vile spewing acrimonious hate monger I have ever read.

csdeven on June 16, 2011 at 11:19 AM

When? What words did I use? How did I “monger hate?”

steebo77 on June 16, 2011 at 11:49 AM

Rather than go back into threads to find those comments. I’ll concede the point to you that you do not hate monger etc. But if I ever see you do it, I’ll refer you to this discussion.

Fair enough?

csdeven on June 16, 2011 at 11:59 AM

No. First, I would like an apology from you for saying that I am “the most vile spewing acrimonious hate monger [you] have ever read.”

steebo77 on June 16, 2011 at 12:05 PM

Okay. I apologize for accusing you of being “the most vile spewing acrimonious hate monger I have ever read.”.

csdeven on June 16, 2011 at 2:50 PM

steebo77 on July 16, 2011 at 9:22 PM

steebo77 on July 16, 2011 at 9:22 PM

So the point you’re making is that you are so obsessed with me that you collect my comments like a progressive collects other peoples money.

I remember seeing you call people dullards, hypocrites, beclowning, clowns, intellectually deficient, etc….

Like I told you the day I apologized, I would point it out to you when you engaged in the nastiness. Considered yourself informed that you are in fact a person who engages in nastiness when civility would suffice.

csdeven on July 16, 2011 at 9:42 PM

I believe it was in the Sugar daddy thread from a week ago.

csdeven on July 16, 2011 at 9:42 PM

So, in the World According to csdeven, telling wacky conspiracy theorists they are clowns is the behavior of a “vile, spewing, acrimonious, hate monger,” but drawing comparisons between al Qaeda and another generally civil commenter who contributes relevant, interesting information is completely acceptable?

steebo77 on July 16, 2011 at 11:00 PM

steebo77 on July 16, 2011 at 11:00 PM

Another oddity is that csd will accuse someone of something (like that I call people Trolls), offer no proof other than the likelihood that I might do what she has already claimed I have done, sometime in the future.

I call it the time-machine argument. In short sometime in the future, so it is foretold, I will call someone a Troll and that justifies csd from branding me a person who calls people trolls based on my past pattern of doing something that might occur in the future; even though I have not done it in the past.

Gnome sayin?

Geochelone on July 16, 2011 at 11:18 PM

steebo77 on July 16, 2011 at 11:00 PM

I don’t care how vile you are…but you don’t get a pass from me.

csdeven on July 16, 2011 at 11:37 PM

Geochelone on July 16, 2011 at 11:18 PM

You think you are safe to say whatever you like in your circle jerk with him, but the group knows the truth. Just like his nastiness was exposed, yours will be also. All you have to do is continue to be yourself.

csdeven on July 16, 2011 at 11:40 PM

csdeven on July 16, 2011 at 11:40 PM

If “the group knows the truth,” then why are you the only one ever pointing it out? Why do you always find yourself alone in arguments? Could it be that you, and not everyone else, is the nasty, vile one? Could it be that you, and not everyone else, are obsessed with yourself?

steebo77 on July 17, 2011 at 12:09 AM

csdeven = Mitt concern troll…

He/she/it won’t generally slip up and acknowledge supporting Mitt. Says much…However, the latest passive agressive “obsessing about me” meme is way beneath his/her/its potential as a commenter. It’s just another way to hijack a thread…

Gohawgs on July 17, 2011 at 1:18 AM

Adjoran on July 16, 2011 at 4:51 PM

csdeven on July 16, 2011 at 4:56 PM

Sorry, but I must vigorously disagree.

Let me put it another way. Suppose you are on the Board of Directors of Exxon Mobil as the company seeks a new CEO. Michelle Bachmann applies for the job with her current resume. Do you grant her an interview? Of course not – and if you hired her the stockholders would sue you for malfeasance. She has no experience running a big company and nothing in her background to indicate she should. That she is patriotic and her heart’s in the right place would earn you a prison cell for hiring her.

Now, Exxon Mobil’s total value is around $400 billion. The federal government spends that much in less than four months.

I don’t care how nice she is, if she doesn’t know how to run a big organization, she isn’t qualified to apply for the job. PERIOD.

Adjoran on July 17, 2011 at 3:26 AM

csdeven on July 16, 2011 at 11:40 PM

I just came into this thread and I want to know who you are and why you are posting like 10 times in a row continuously throughout the thread? Double posting is bad enough, but octaposting? Decaposting? Are you that important that you cannot resist responding for fear that your minions will revolt? Will you be running for office? I want to know who this grandiose important person is that is called csdeven that we cannot do without.

MrX on July 17, 2011 at 4:32 AM

The only reason why Bachmann is getting soo much attention is because she is a outspoken female… she is NOT president material.

the_ancient on July 17, 2011 at 8:19 AM

I see the Wild Weasels missed their target last nite. We must go nuclear … vaporization is the only option left.

darwin on July 17, 2011 at 8:51 AM

Bachmann serious?

Well the House GOP leadership told her to take a hike so yes she’s serious……she has to find another job!

PappyD61 on July 17, 2011 at 9:13 AM

And WHAT has MB actually accomplished besides glomming onto the Tea Party like Steve Forbes and Dick Armey?

PappyD61 on July 17, 2011 at 9:14 AM

Adjoran on July 17, 2011 at 3:26 AM

I could not agree more with you. That’s why it is called the Executive Branch. As CEO for over 30 years of several independent oil companies, I know there are many skill sets you gain through the process of managing. You have to be the strong one in the face of an onslaught of changing regulations and economic conditions, competition and lawsuits–any of which have the potential of bringing your company to its knees. One of the most important things you cannot learn any other way than managing is dealing with company politics–A skill the current occupant of the WH never learned.

Jocundus on July 17, 2011 at 10:54 AM

csdeven

Please; I retired from teaching little kids and I hoped not to hear the same infantile -”he said’-”didn’t”-”did too!” playground debates from the third grade level anymore.

Give it a break. You might try sticking with the subject and stop turning a good site into an obnoxious cat fight.

Don L on July 17, 2011 at 11:05 AM

Gohawgs on July 17, 2011 at 1:18 AM

Bwahahahaha!! You have been talking about me since yesterday and you accuse me of hijacking this thread? Why don’t you cease obsessing on me and respond to the merits of the political comments I made? I get that you don’t like my opinion, but that is no reason for you to hijack this thread by talking about me for hours on end. You are obsessed with me and that is your doing, not mine.

And I have made my opinion on Romney very clear for weeks now. If you would go through the files of my comments you obsessively collect, you will find those comments.

csdeven on July 17, 2011 at 11:06 AM

MrX on July 17, 2011 at 4:32 AM

You just logged into Hot Air, a political blog, began reading a political thread which the topic is the politician Michele Bachmann, and your interest is csdeven? Who are you and why are you hijacking this thread with your off topic comment? Why is it that you just cannot read this blog without obsessing on me? Did you get the idea that I asked you to obsess on me? Please link to my comment that gave you the idea that I asked you to go off topic and I’ll try to be more clear in the future.

I’ll wait. Or you could simply prove that you aren’t obsessed with me personally by responding to any of these comments:

Even though Bachmann will probably not get the nomination, she still scares the crap out of the progressives. Her fundraising over that 18 days is very impressive. The test will be to see if she can keep it up. She is clearly the candidate the Tea Party prefers and no other politician’s future is as hopeful as hers (maybe Perry).

csdeven on July 15, 2011 at 6:50 PM

Are you really surprised the Palin fans are attending on opening day? Let us know when the film sells out for 4 weeks straight. Then we’ll check her poll numbers. If they improve, she might actually have a chance to compete.

csdeven on July 15, 2011 at 7:27 PM

I agree. Palin is the typical politician.

csdeven on July 15, 2011 at 11:13 PM

csdeven on July 16, 2011 at 11:17 AM

csdeven on July 16, 2011 at 4:47 PM

csdeven on July 16, 2011 at 4:56 PM

And if you are really that concerned with the thread jacking, ask the people who respond to those comments with off topic comments. Case in point: The first response to my 6:15 pm comments was this….

^^^ Inject with thorazine and leave on couch for three days.

darwin on July 15, 2011 at 6:57 PM

Now, why don’t you turn those thread jacking sensibilities to that person? Maybe he can give you a rational reason why a differing political opinion is all he needs to start the thread hijacking.

csdeven on July 17, 2011 at 11:26 AM

Thorazine has been dropped as a recommendation.

Sedatives, anesthesia, physical restraint and Wild Weasels haven’t worked.

That’s why we’re going nuclear … vaporization.

darwin on July 17, 2011 at 11:31 AM

Don L on July 17, 2011 at 11:05 AM

Hahahahaha!!! You come in here with your off topic comment to insist others stick to the topic of the thread? I think you’ve been around the little kids too long. I didn’t ask you or any other person here to talk about me. As a matter of fact, I have insisted that these people stick to the thread topic by either responding to the merit of the comments or to ignore them if they cannot be civil. I began this thread with a perfectly valid and topic appropriate comment. It is the obsessives you are defending that tried to take this into a cat fight. I am simply educating them on their obsession with me since that point.

And I will now insist that you stick to the thread topic. If I bug you so much that you simply cannot keep a civil tongue in your mouth, it is you that has the problem, not me. And you blaming me for your off topic thread jacking comments is epitome of intellectual dishonesty.

csdeven on July 17, 2011 at 11:35 AM

Adjoran on July 17, 2011 at 3:26 AM

I disagree with your analogy. Exxon is a viable successful company. I would not hire someone like Bachmann to run it. Now if Exxon was in the same position our country is in and the typical CEO model person has failed the company, then clearly a new direction and type of person is needed. And it would be the share holders who elect the CEO, not a few in the top echelons of the company.

I know that Bachmann does not have the experience I would prefer as a candidate. But I do believe she is a patriot and that might be good enough. As I said, time will tell, and in the end, the goal is to get rid of Obama. If that means I vote for Romney or a Limburger cheese sandwich, then so be it.

csdeven on July 17, 2011 at 11:48 AM

This is a political blog and I make political comments! You all are unnaturally obsessed with me! This is a political blog, not a csdeven blog. You are vile, acrimonious, hate-mongering al Qaeda wannabes! I am the arbiter of taste and decency! Begone, trolling trolls!

/csdeven

steebo77 on July 17, 2011 at 11:53 AM

csdeven on July 17, 2011 at 11:48 AM

In US corporate governance, the shareholders elect the board of directors, which in turn elects the CEO and officers. The officers are often given stock options, perks and other incentives that seek to align their goals with that of the shareholders. If the CEO and officers do not act in the best interest of the shareholders, and the board does not take corrective action, the board can be modified or replaced at the annual shareholder meeting.

I believe that experience matters, and don’t believe that being a patriot without executive experience ‘might be good enough’. Where I think we might agree, is that being a patriot and having a servants heart is an absolute necessity for president of the US. And I absolutely agree that the goal is to get rid of Obama, lest we lose the SCOTUS.

Jocundus on July 17, 2011 at 1:30 PM

Jocundus on July 17, 2011 at 1:30 PM

I do believe that a patriot would delegate properly to the right people with the help of experienced advisers. But it may be that the country has grown so large that executive experience is a necessity. I am willing to take a chance on a person who does not have executive experience if they are the right type person because the last 4 presidents we have elected have done nothing except expand federal power over us.

csdeven on July 17, 2011 at 1:45 PM

“They think Bachmann’s husband … is totally, totally gay himself.”

Hey, when you’ve got a good meme, run with it. I mentioned it during The Morning Meeting at MSM Headquarters. Who knew??

Dr. Mercury on July 17, 2011 at 1:56 PM

Hey, AP only types 20 words per minute – does that mean his words are less important? File this story under : who gives a rats ass.

Fuquay Steve on July 17, 2011 at 2:31 PM

What a self absorbed child…No, not MB

Gohawgs on July 17, 2011 at 3:46 PM

I’m supposed to accept that I am similar to Osama Bin Laden.

No, I don’t think I’m going to do that.

csdeven, go f^*k yourself.

You’ll get no pass from me.

Brian1972 on July 17, 2011 at 7:26 PM

I wonder that since it appears that Bachmann is full on in the mini-me mode, will she next be doing a photo shoot for some religious magazine? posing on the dock or in running gear?

PhilipJames on July 17, 2011 at 10:13 PM

Brian1972 on July 17, 2011 at 7:26 PM

Your grammy posted this video of you……

csdeven on July 17, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Your grammy posted this video of you……

csdeven on July 17, 2011 at 10:49 PM

csdeven is obsessed with Brian1972. OBSESSED.

steebo77 on July 17, 2011 at 11:45 PM

csdeven is obsessed. OBSESSED.

steebo77 on July 17, 2011 at 11:45 PM

You left out: other people’s “grammy’s” and circle jerks…

Gohawgs on July 17, 2011 at 11:59 PM