Palin suggests August or September might be right for an announcement

posted at 10:45 am on July 14, 2011 by Tina Korbe

In case you missed the video of Sarah Palin on Sean Hannity’s show last night, which Allah posted in “Quotes of the Day,” Palin suggested in that appearance that August or September might be the right time to launch a campaign for the GOP presidential nomination.

“You know, August and September, you do have to start laying out a plan if you are to be one to throw your hat in the ring, so that’s basically the time frame,” Palin told Sean Hannity during an appearance Wednesday night on Fox News. …

Asked about her recent comment to Newsweek that she could win a general election, Palin said that while does believe that she could beat President Obama, she would also consider supporting another Republican candidate — if she felt that he or she met certain requirements that she looks for in a national leader.

“I’m not wholly confident that we have that field set yet, that that one individual is in the field,” Palin said. “So I’m still thinking about being one that would offer myself up in the name of service, knowing confidently that I have those commonsense, fiscally conservative, pro-private sector experience and ideas that can be put to good work for this country.”

Those provocative comments came amid her smart commentary on the debt ceiling debate, in which the former Alaska governor had harsh words to say about President Barack Obama’s executive ability, most notably, his seeming inability to prioritize properly.

“We cannot afford to back off and hand him a white flag saying, ‘Here Mr. President, we trust you, you take over, you do it’ because our president has failed in that area,” she continued.

And though there’s blame to go around, for Palin, the buck stops with Obama.

“Our president … essentially suggested the other day that he’s not able to prioritize, as the chief executive of our nation he can’t prioritize,” she stated.

Palin always appears to me in her best light in these Skype-like sessions on Fox, with an Alaskan backdrop behind her. While she wouldn’t have to fight the debt ceiling fight, her willingness to repeatedly comment on what has dominated headlines for weeks — and the way in which she has done it — stacks up well against the approaches of the other top-tier candidates and potential candidates. When she said she didn’t think it was “necessarily the case” that economic catastrophe would result if the debt ceiling isn’t raised, she didn’t sound nearly as firm as Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) did just days ago, when Bachmann flat-out said Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner was “wrong … wrong … wrong” about the threat of default … but neither did she seek to avoid the issue entirely, as Mitt Romney seems to be doing (with the possible exception of a Twitter tiff between his camp and Obama’s). As a result, she came across as highly in touch but still slightly removed from the fray, somehow simultaneously down-to-earth and sophisticated. Again, she always seems at her best against that Alaskan backdrop.

My favorite quote comes early in the interview: “Our country was built on a strong foundation of reward for work ethic and development of our natural resources and we have the complete opposite direction under Obama with both those cornerstones.”

Nothing better than when a politician brings it back to basics. And, I know, that’s what Palin is known for, but I thought she did it exceptionally well last night.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6 7

So Aug/Sep , rino open season?

the_nile on July 14, 2011 at 3:13 PM

Ya know, if this keeps up, I may have to start forcing you people to send me money.

csdeven on July 14, 2011 at 3:01 PM

Proof you are a Democrat. Your first thought is taxes for something of little actual value. Too funny.

Irritable Pundit on July 14, 2011 at 3:15 PM

HotAir is a political blog and this is a Palin thread.

csdeven on July 14, 2011 at 3:08 PM

Precisely … it’s a political blog not a Sarah Palin blog, yet you usually only make appearances on Palin threads. Add the fact that you routinely make the most comments, one can only assume you’re obsessed with her.

It’s not healthy … look at yourself. You come across as a raving lunatic covered in your own spittle. You wrote a comment earlier about projection. I feel you were talking about yourself. When you constantly refer to people being obsessed about you, we know it’s your subconscience Palin obsession screaming for help.

Please get help.

darwin on July 14, 2011 at 3:17 PM

Knucklehead on July 14, 2011 at 3:09 PM

Y’all are right about all of this.

Cindy Munford on July 14, 2011 at 3:17 PM

Geochelone on July 14, 2011 at 3:12 PM

LOL!!!

Cindy Munford on July 14, 2011 at 3:18 PM

Good gravy dude! You are priceless!!!

csdeven on July 14, 2011 at 3:12 PM

And you are to be pitied.

kingsjester on July 14, 2011 at 3:20 PM

Hot Air Capitialism at its best..:)

Dire Straits on July 14, 2011 at 3:29 PM

I like Palin. But I’m indifferent to anything she says about running until she actually mans up and announces one way or the other. Until then she is just sucking oxygen out of the room.

RAB on July 14, 2011 at 3:30 PM

Hot Air Capitialism at its best..:)

Dire Straits on July 14, 2011 at 3:29 PM

You just provided 1/10th of a cent towards Allah’s Ipad2, Dire.

Kataklysmic on July 14, 2011 at 3:30 PM

Until then she is just sucking oxygen out of the room.

RAB on July 14, 2011 at 3:30 PM

Or doing her job. She’s a paid political commentator.

Cindy Munford on July 14, 2011 at 3:32 PM

Kataklysmic on July 14, 2011 at 3:30 PM

LoL!..Just doing my share..:)

Dire Straits on July 14, 2011 at 3:33 PM

Or doing her job. She’s a paid political commentator.

Cindy Munford on July 14, 2011 at 3:32 PM

Political commentators don’t run for President, usually.

RAB on July 14, 2011 at 3:40 PM

wow leave for 4 hours and see you all are still going strong. We need this woman she fights. If this was a timmy thread there would be 50 posts. We need buzz to be able to defeat Mr. charisma

unseen on July 14, 2011 at 3:43 PM

Political commentators don’t run for President, usually.

RAB on July 14, 2011 at 3:40 PM

Newt, Cain, santourm and Reagan would disagree with you.

unseen on July 14, 2011 at 3:43 PM

RAB on July 14, 2011 at 3:40 PM

So if in retrospect she doesn’t run than she will have not sucked oxygen out of the room?

Cindy Munford on July 14, 2011 at 3:44 PM

I think this whole “Palin is sucking oxygen out of the room” idea is ridiculous. The other candidates should not be suffering this much because a non-candidate remains a non-candidate and says she will continue to remain a non-candidate at least until August. Can’t these other candidates start making the case for themselves? If Palin the non-candidate sucks the oxygen right out of the room without even running, then how in hell are these candidates going to take on Obama, the darling of the media, against whom all other candidates shall be found wanting???

Aitch748 on July 14, 2011 at 3:48 PM

I’m guessing she gets in just before the Fox News/Iowa debate. That way she gets all the press going into the debate.

huckleberryfriend on July 14, 2011 at 3:50 PM

huckleberryfriend on July 14, 2011 at 3:50 PM

When is that? Isn’t there also one scheduled for South Carolina?

Knucklehead on July 14, 2011 at 3:54 PM

August 11.

derft on July 14, 2011 at 3:55 PM

It is sooooo obvious that the day Palin announces is the day the campaign really begins. Palin can wait until August or September. I’m not ready for a full on campaign yet. I’ve joined O4P and have a lot of groundwork to do here in L.A.

Once this gets going it’s going to be non stop commercials and events and so on so enjoy the calm before the storm everyone because the Hatefilled Left this close to their Socialist Utopia isn’t going to give up without a fight or not use every dirty trick or illegal maneuver they have to stop We the People from getting our country back for our kids!

CCRWM on July 14, 2011 at 4:01 PM

If people want to keep being strung along until Palin ‘announces’ that’s fine. But until then, IMO, she is not a political commentator nor running for president. She inhabits that nowhere land in between that makes it hard to take her seriously. I’m getting heartily sick of the ‘Will she?/Won’t she?” thing.

RAB on July 14, 2011 at 4:09 PM

RAB on July 14, 2011 at 3:30 PM

Have you seen who’s standing in the room? At least some of them deserve hypoxia.

SKYFOX on July 14, 2011 at 4:11 PM

I won’t argue with that SKYFOX! The thought of some of our potential nomiees for our president does not thrill me. I WANT to see Palin come on strong.

RAB on July 14, 2011 at 4:13 PM

I’m getting heartily sick of the ‘Will she?/Won’t she?” thing.

RAB on July 14, 2011 at 4:09 PM

Does she gain any advantage if she jumped in right now?

darwin on July 14, 2011 at 4:14 PM

So does a candidate make the decision to run based on their own personal knowledge of their own personal situation or whether or not it annoys people? Why waste any emotion on someone until they declare?

Cindy Munford on July 14, 2011 at 4:18 PM

Well…for one I don’t think she will suffer any particular disadvantages for jumping in now. At least nothing that she wont’ face later. For that matter it would allow her to work through some of her current image problems in a way that she hasn’t been able to up to now.

RAB on July 14, 2011 at 4:19 PM

RAB on July 14, 2011 at 4:09 PM

Presumably all this hot air is applicable to Perry and Giuliani, too, right?

Right?

hrh40 on July 14, 2011 at 4:20 PM

Cindy Munford on July 14, 2011 at 4:18 PM

They take both factors into account, Cindy. Otherwise what your saying is that annoying the base is never detrimental to a candidate’s cause. A number of Democrat candidates have done just that and remained candidates.

RAB on July 14, 2011 at 4:22 PM

I’m getting heartily sick of the ‘Will she?/Won’t she?” thing.
RAB on July 14, 2011 at 4:09 PM

Really? “Heartily”. Sounds like some serious begrudgement. And of course, you’re one of those who “like her.” But.

And when did she ever equivocate or pose a “will I or won’t I” question? How has she strung anybody along? Hasn’t she only and simply said she’s making up her mind. It’s still July – six months before the first caucus. Is there some law that all candidates must announce by June 1? Did she provide a specific deadline and break it?

She’ll announce when she’s ready.

rrpjr on July 14, 2011 at 4:23 PM

The deadline for filing suit against Gov. Palin for actions in Alaska is July 27th. Any nut out there can file before then. That is why she has not filed yet.

kingsjester on July 14, 2011 at 4:23 PM

I’m amused by the self-appointed Palin Fire Brigade coming out to smother any little criticism of the way she handles her campaign.

Have it your way, rrpjr, I don’t like her. Thats exactly why I’m going to vote for her if she finally jumps on. Because I hate her guts.

RAB on July 14, 2011 at 4:28 PM

RAB on July 14, 2011 at 4:22 PM

I’m sorry but I just don’t understand any of the emotionalism for or against Gov. Palin. At this moment she is a political commentator. I understand thinking she would do a great job or a terrible job, opinions are a dime or dozen but I can’t imagine insulting (not you) people based on either belief. I say this as someone who believes she most closely represents my beliefs. But that’s just me and it is interesting to read how others feel.

Cindy Munford on July 14, 2011 at 4:31 PM

She’ll announce when she’s ready.

rrpjr on July 14, 2011 at 4:23 PM

Indeed. Governor Palin will announce when the time is right from her standpoint. There is still plenty of time for her candidacy, given her high name recognition, and her ability to raise money. In addition, there are credible reports of people voluntarily assembling a ground force in Iowa and New Hampshire on her behalf, and that these activities have been on-going for several months. No need for her to announce for another month or so, as she indicated in the Hannity interview.

Among other facts, since she is aware of the volunteer activities on her behalf, and has said nothing to discourage such activities, which if she knew she was not running would be a callous act toward these volunteers, it is reasonable to conclude she intends to run.

SheetAnchor on July 14, 2011 at 4:33 PM

kingsjester on July 14, 2011 at 4:23 PM

See! That’s a perfectly legitimate and reasonable explanation to her strategy. There are probably all sorts of things we know nothing about that are being weighed in her decision.

Cindy Munford on July 14, 2011 at 4:33 PM

Despite all that, I have long been of the opinion that if the media hadn’t held the Rev. Wright story until after Super Tuesday, Hillary would have beat him.

Kataklysmic on July 14, 2011 at 3:06 PM

Absolutely and although I’ve never been a fan of Cankles, I don’t believe we’d be in the mess we are in today with King Barry had she won the nomination.

Knucklehead on July 14, 2011 at 3:09 PM

Both right. I am not a huge Hillary Fan, but I have no doubts she loves this country and we wouldn’t be in the fiscal mess we are in under the boyking.

portlandon on July 14, 2011 at 4:38 PM

Cindy Munford on July 14, 2011 at 4:31 PM

I guess part of it is emotional on my part, Cindy. I really liked Palin in ’08, and want to see that same kind of fire in ’12. I agree with most of her positions, have given her plenty of wiggle room for gaffes, and think she has what it takes to make it to the White House (and succeed) if the voters have half a brain.

I’ve kept my opinions to myself for the most part, this is the first time I’ve expressed any displeasure with the Palin campaign so far. I just think its time to get a move on.

RAB on July 14, 2011 at 4:38 PM

At this moment she is a political commentator.
Cindy Munford on July 14, 2011 at 4:31 PM

This really is not true.

She is a potential winner of the 2012 US presidential election. This is exactly why emotions are running so high. While I’ve been having fun taunting the Palinistas here, every day events seem to make this more likely.

gh on July 14, 2011 at 4:41 PM

RAB on July 14, 2011 at 4:38 PM

I understand and I will feel bad for a lot of people if she makes the decision not to run. There are a lot of people truly invested in her possible campaign. I guess another reason I am Switzerland on all of this is that to me it seems too soon for a campaign. It shouldn’t take us two years of a four year term to elect a president.

Cindy Munford on July 14, 2011 at 4:45 PM

I think gh hit it on the head. Other candidates, like Perry and Guilani are in but they don’t carry the same emotional resonance, they aren’t in the same weight class. Nobody cares about them. Palin is the elephant in the room.

RAB on July 14, 2011 at 4:45 PM

gh on July 14, 2011 at 4:41 PM

And if she decides not to run?

Cindy Munford on July 14, 2011 at 4:46 PM

Then I guess we end up with a Romney presidency. [shudder]

RAB on July 14, 2011 at 4:50 PM

RAB on July 14, 2011 at 4:45 PM

I think I could like Perry a lot and I admire Guilani but I think I would rather seem him as AG. There a many true believers of other candidates although I must say if they produce the same heat, it’s somewhere else. Maybe HotAir is so vocal because of how vested everyone was in her VP run in 2008. I’d never heard of her before then.

Cindy Munford on July 14, 2011 at 4:50 PM

SheetAnchor on July 14, 2011 at 4:33 PM

Great point.

darwin on July 14, 2011 at 4:51 PM

I read a few articles listing potential VPs and she was on them, but yeah, before the 08 election she was just a cipher.

I’m not opposed to other candidates if it comes down to it. Mostly I want a fairly conservative, fiscally minded president. If Palin drops out and another can fill the bill then I’ll vote for them too.

RAB on July 14, 2011 at 4:53 PM

RAB on July 14, 2011 at 4:50 PM

Can he beat The Won? I’m not bringing up electability but I think that the media will do anything and everything to make sure he is reelected. I am astounded daily at how little information the public knows about our situation. If a Republican was in office we would be shown soup lines, tent cities and daily hard luck stories on the unemployed and foreclosed. People realize that they are struggling but how many think it is isolated?

Cindy Munford on July 14, 2011 at 4:55 PM

Cindy Munford on July 14, 2011 at 4:45 PM

Can I join you in Switzerland..:)

Dire Straits on July 14, 2011 at 4:56 PM

And if she decides not to run?

Cindy Munford on July 14, 2011 at 4:46 PM

I’ll be very happy. It means she thinks Perry (or someone else she’s declined to mention by name) has a better chance to win than she does. And she’ll be out campaigning for him. Look what she did for McCain and she didn’t really agree with his platform or approach.

gh on July 14, 2011 at 4:59 PM

Cindy Munford on July 14, 2011 at 4:55 PM

Honestly? I think there is a good chance Obama will win if Romney is put up against him, for much of the same reasons you mentioned…the media is in the Obama tank. And our current crop of Republican office holders had their spines stiffened by Tea Party candidates but that didn’t last long. They will go along with it rather than fight the narrative. Why? Because Romney is Obama-lite and status quo. They think offering more of the same will win them the prize.

RAB on July 14, 2011 at 5:03 PM

gh on July 14, 2011 at 4:59 PM

Whatever she decides at least she will believe it’s the best for the country and not herself. I don’t think she cares about having the cool plane to buzz New York.

Dire Straits on July 14, 2011 at 4:56 PM

It will only be for the summer, I don’t do cold weather well.

Cindy Munford on July 14, 2011 at 5:04 PM

RAB on July 14, 2011 at 5:03 PM

Palin could put Romney in over Obama. I don’t think it’s likely to happen but if he beats her in the primaries then you’ll see it happen.

gh on July 14, 2011 at 5:04 PM

RAB on July 14, 2011 at 5:03 PM

The media has spent a lot of time defining the Tea Party and I think the only people who bought it was Republican politicians.

Cindy Munford on July 14, 2011 at 5:06 PM

Cindy Munford on July 14, 2011 at 5:04 PM

Why would the best thing for the country not be the best thing for herself?

I bet she cares about having the cool plane. Buzzing New York, not so much. Having the cool plane would be a symbol of what she would be able to do for the US.

gh on July 14, 2011 at 5:06 PM

Palin’s PAC rakes in $1.6M by end of June

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin’s (R) political action committee, Sarah PAC, raised almost $1.6 million the first six months of this year, it will report in Federal Election Commission (FEC) filings.

Sarah PAC has just over $1.4 million in in the bank at the end of June after having spent about $1.6 million — about as much as it raised — between January and June.

The first six months of this year saw a revamped political operation for Palin, who relaunched Sarah PAC’s website this spring and embarked on a national bus tour sponsored by the PAC. That tour, along with some of the former vice presidential nominee’s moves in primary states, has stoked speculation that she might run for president.

The money raised by Sarah PAC can’t be used toward a presidential run, but the haul reflects the extent of Palin’s latent support that could be converted into support for a White House bid.

“We at Sarah PAC are very pleased and grateful for the tremendous support that Governor Palin receives from everywhere across our country,” said the PAC’s treasurer, Tim Crawford. “Sarah PAC more than doubled the amount we raised as compared to the same time period in 2009. We received more that 36,700 contributions from over 24,000 contributors.”

Donations averaged under $50 per person.

Among the PAC’s expenditures were $65,000 in contributions to candidates and an $18,700 donation to the Young America’s Foundation, an organization for young conservatives.

Most of Palin’s political contributions came at the end of June, one day before the semi-annual filing deadline.

Thirteen incumbent Republicans or GOP candidates received $5,000 each from Palin’s PAC.

Sens. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) and Roger Wicker (R-Miss.) both received donations, as did Reps. Mike Fitzpatrick (R-Pa.), Renee Ellmers (R-N.C.), Rep. Francisco Canseco (R-Texas), Sean Duffy (R-Wis.), Allen West (R-Fla.), Lou Barletta (R-Pa.), Martha Roby (R-Ala.), Rep. Larry Bucshon (R-Ind.), Vicky Hartzler (R-Mo.), Ann Marie Buerkle (R-N.Y.) and Mike Coffman (R-Colo.).

24,000 people gave avg of $50.00 serious grassroots.

unseen on July 14, 2011 at 5:07 PM

gh on July 14, 2011 at 5:04 PM

Hmm…I didn’t think bout that but yeah…that could happen. Romney would still be better than a Obama presidency.

RAB on July 14, 2011 at 5:07 PM

It will only be for the summer, I don’t do cold weather well.

Cindy Munford on July 14, 2011 at 5:04 PM

LoL!..Maybe we can find some neutral island in the Carribean for a winter hangout for all of us undecided folks..:)

Dire Straits on July 14, 2011 at 5:09 PM

I just think its time to get a move on.
RAB on July 14, 2011 at 4:38 PM

You might want to contemplate the political advantages in waiting. Because there are some. And “getting a move on” has different meanings; an official declaration is just one of them.

She’s already moving, and running, and will announce by Labor Day. She has her own clock and process.

I’m often baffled by the sense of personal vexation people have about this. Palin understand the big picture, and the unseemliness of a too-early announcement in a race already drawn out to unseemly lengths.

rrpjr on July 14, 2011 at 5:11 PM

gh on July 14, 2011 at 5:06 PM

Who knows! I just think this is a bigger decision than the average person thinks it is. I don’t know about you but I wish The Won had given his credentials a bit more thought before he ran.

Cindy Munford on July 14, 2011 at 5:14 PM

Dire Straits on July 14, 2011 at 5:09 PM

Love that idea!!!

Cindy Munford on July 14, 2011 at 5:15 PM

I’m often baffled by the sense of personal vexation people have about this.
rrpjr on July 14, 2011 at 5:11 PM

See my 4:41 post. The problem is that some people see a Palin candidacy as a guaranteed 4 more years of Obama and some people see no Palin candidacy as the same thing. Of course, the primaries will sort that out and if she doesn’t run, there will be an obvious choice for both sides.

gh on July 14, 2011 at 5:17 PM

Cindy Munford on July 14, 2011 at 5:15 PM

Bishop has a bunker but I don’t think it is big enough for everyone..:)

Dire Straits on July 14, 2011 at 5:18 PM

Dire Straits on July 14, 2011 at 5:18 PM

It’s in Minnesota!!!!!!!!!

Cindy Munford on July 14, 2011 at 5:20 PM

I wish The Won had given his credentials a bit more thought before he ran.
Cindy Munford on July 14, 2011 at 5:14 PM

funny

The Won is nothing more than a puppet for the extreme left, whether he knows it or not. Convenient for them that he’s wanted to be president since he was 6 years old.

gh on July 14, 2011 at 5:20 PM

She’s going to do it.

Brian1972 on July 14, 2011 at 5:21 PM

You are right. The problem with most prominent Republican politicians is that they seem reluctant to fight for their political convictions, while the Democrats and their colleagues in the MSM not only fight, but will say or do virtually anything to win the policital debate.

It seems that for the last 2 1/2 years, Governor Palin has been leading the fight for the political opposition to the President and the Democrats. She has been relentless in attacking the President, and taking the heat for standing up against him. She has rejected the notion of not responding to attacks against her, and is always on the offensive in the policy debate. She strikes and strikes hard, as exemplified in her most recent Facebook post on the debt ceiling.

The Republican party should have the same posture as the US Military in combat, that is, always on the offensive. This is how wars are won. You have to take the fight to the enemy. Even when Palin was being accused of inciting the murderer in Tuscon, Republicans were telling her that she should not respond; and even worse, not one prominent Republican, most of whom she campaigned hard for during the last election season, and clearly helped them win, bothered to say one word in her defense. This is simply disgraceful, cowardly, and pathetic. They seem to want Palin to campaign for them; to rally the troops to vote for them; to raise and donate money to their campaigns; but according to her quote in the Newsweek article, afterward do not want to be publicly, or even privately, associated with her. These politician fear one entity – the main stream media.

Failing to respond to attacks in today’s political climate has no benefit, except to the Democrats, as so many people today, are so ignorant and unable to think critically that they only believe the last person they heard in a given situation.

SheetAnchor on July 14, 2011 at 5:22 PM

That isn’t true. You have claimed on may occasions that her grasp of politics and the way she articulates it is very astute.

csdeven on July 14, 2011 at 2:06 PM

Links?

AH_C on July 14, 2011 at 5:22 PM

It’s in Minnesota!!!!!!!!!

Cindy Munford on July 14, 2011 at 5:20 PM

Good point!..Carribean will be much better..:)

Dire Straits on July 14, 2011 at 5:23 PM

Political commentators don’t run for President, usually.

RAB on July 14, 2011 at 3:40 PM

Pat Buchanon, several times?

AH_C on July 14, 2011 at 5:24 PM

Dire Straits on July 14, 2011 at 5:09 PM

St. Maarten. My kid is thinking of buying a place there since he fly’s into there all the time.

***face palm to my baby boy***

Knucklehead on July 14, 2011 at 5:26 PM

huckleberryfriend on July 14, 2011 at 3:50 PM

Actually, I think it’d be before the Sept debate. You can imagine that if she does well in the Fox debate, the amount of howling and spittle from ODonnell, Chrissy et al–including the yappings of ankle-biting chihuahuas here at HA–that she only did good because the right’s “snooping dude” (Murdoch) commanded FNC to make her look good.

AH_C on July 14, 2011 at 5:29 PM

Knucklehead on July 14, 2011 at 5:26 PM

Holy Cow, I hope he had the beer.

Cindy Munford on July 14, 2011 at 5:30 PM

SheetAnchor on July 14, 2011 at 5:22 PM

Hear hear!

the_nile on July 14, 2011 at 5:31 PM

“Usually only”….hahahahaha!!! Try agian!

I doubt that. And even if it is true, so what? You jealous?

Please get help.

darwin on July 14, 2011 at 3:17 PM

ROFLMAO! Are you so obtuse that you don’t see the irony in claiming no one is obsessed with me while you are obsessing over me?

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

csdeven on July 14, 2011 at 5:31 PM

Knucklehead on July 14, 2011 at 5:26 PM

That would be cool..:)..Plus I think they have a bar at this beach where the planes land..Perfect spot..:)

PS..I could stand there while a plane lands but there isno way I would get on the fence when they take off..:)

PSS..Your son definitely has to have great skills to land there..:)

Dire Straits on July 14, 2011 at 5:33 PM

Irritable Pundit on July 14, 2011 at 3:15 PM

It’s typical that the point is lost on you. I’ll explain it one more time……

I find it odd that I can force you people to obsess over me, but cannot force you to send me money.

csdeven on July 14, 2011 at 5:34 PM

I know she’s developed an image of being an unconventional politician, but Iowans are very ritualistic. Palin has to win Iowa to have a chance at the nomination. Iowans will want her to compete in Ames on August 14th(+/- a few days) which means she (and Perry) has a couple of weeks to decide. And she will have to shake a whole lot of hands and kiss a couple hundred babies to catch up to MBach

Raisedbywolves on July 14, 2011 at 5:35 PM

csdeven on July 14, 2011 at 5:34 PM

Don’t post until August 1st and I’ll send you $5.

gh on July 14, 2011 at 5:36 PM

gh on July 14, 2011 at 5:36 PM

I’ll donate.

Cindy Munford on July 14, 2011 at 5:37 PM

And you are to be pitied.

kingsjester on July 14, 2011 at 3:20 PM

Since very few people will visit your blog unless you trick them into visiting it by pretending your links are actually linking to respectable sites, it is you that needs pity.

csdeven on July 14, 2011 at 5:37 PM

Very interesting poll results here today, from the LA Times.

“Sarah Palin, Ron Paul and Michele Bachmann are surging in Iowa, according to a recent American Research Group poll of Republican voters.

Rep. Bachmann (R-Minn.) received 21% of the nods from the poll of 600 likely Republican caucus voters, followed by former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, who came in second with 18%. Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas), who Wednesday said he wasn’t “cut out to be in politics,” came in a respectable third place with 14%.

But Palin’s results were impressive. In April a similar poll found her receiving only 4%, but now a similar group of Iowans put her in fourth place in the most recent results with 11%. Not bad for someone who hasn’t even officially tossed her hat into the ring.

In April Bachman received only 9%, while Paul had only garnered 3% support. In just a few short months they find themselves in good positions.

The losers in poll have got to be businessman Herman Cain and former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty, each who received just 2% support from those polled. What’s worse is both men tied with gentlemen who haven’t even officially announced their candidacy: former mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani and Texas governor Rick Perry.

The poll was conducted between July 5 and Monday, and had a margin of error of plus or minus 4 percentage points.”

SheetAnchor on July 14, 2011 at 5:38 PM

Don’t post until August 1st and I’ll send you $5.

gh on July 14, 2011 at 5:36 PM

By then it’ll only be worth $3.50 in today’s dollars.

Brian1972 on July 14, 2011 at 5:38 PM

Cindy Munford on July 14, 2011 at 5:37 PM

Too bad. He’s already blown it … probably before seeing the offer.

gh on July 14, 2011 at 5:38 PM

Brian1972 on July 14, 2011 at 5:38 PM

Canadian dollars. It’ll be worth about $7 in US currency.

gh on July 14, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Don’t post until August 1st and I’ll send you $5.

gh on July 14, 2011 at 5:36 PM

Get 100 people to get on board with you and I’ll do it.

csdeven on July 14, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Raisedbywolves on July 14, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Palin knows that , she said she will campaign 110% when/if she runs.

the_nile on July 14, 2011 at 5:41 PM

csdeven on July 14, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Sure you will.

gh on July 14, 2011 at 5:41 PM

Sure you will.

gh on July 14, 2011 at 5:41 PM

All you have to do is get 100 people to get on board.

csdeven on July 14, 2011 at 5:43 PM

SheetAnchor on July 14, 2011 at 5:22 PM

Excellent points, Gov Palin does seem to be the only one willing to fight back with any gusto. While I am proud that our folks don’t stoop to the depths of Democrats, I would love to see some real push back.

Cindy Munford on July 14, 2011 at 5:43 PM

By then it’ll only be worth $3.50 in today’s dollars.

Brian1972 on July 14, 2011 at 5:38 PM

I have 20 English pounds in my wallet, about 30 Euro’s and 150 Swedish Krones, along with 200 Egyptian pounds.

Where shall I send it?

Knucklehead on July 14, 2011 at 5:43 PM

gh on July 14, 2011 at 5:38 PM

You probably need to set a stop/start date and time. I feel certain there will be many takers.

Cindy Munford on July 14, 2011 at 5:44 PM

OC enters another Palin thread and {{{looks around}}}…
Yup, usual crap.

OmahaConservative on July 14, 2011 at 5:46 PM

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

csdeven on July 14, 2011 at 5:31 PM

Dear stark raving mad lunatic,

Don’t you see? You’re again on a Palin thread and you claim that people who respond to your comments are obsessed with you.

Everyone but you can see you’re the one obsessed, with Palin and yourself.

darwin on July 14, 2011 at 5:47 PM

sdeven on July 14, 2011 at 5:37 PM

Riiiight. 468 blogs receiving 69,000 hits. Very few people, indeed.///

kingsjester on July 14, 2011 at 5:48 PM

Cindy Munford on July 14, 2011 at 5:44 PM

The start was: July 14, 2011 at 5:36 PM and the stop was August 1st. I thought about saying “tomorrow” but decided that would be too complicated. If I make the offer again, I’ll make sure that I’m able to follow through (probably need to use Western Union). He’ll still come back with an impossible condition but it’s nice to see so many takers.

gh on July 14, 2011 at 5:49 PM

Riiiight. 468 blogs receiving 69,000 hits. Very few people, indeed.///

kingsjester on July 14, 2011 at 5:48 PM

Hey, maybe you should write a piece on anti-Palin obsessives.

darwin on July 14, 2011 at 5:50 PM

All of this talk about why doesn’t she get in is a waste of time. I think the people who are in now jumped in too early. Two whole years of this crap. Come on.

When she does announce, the money will pour in like a flooded Missouri and Mississippi rivers.

Mirimichi on July 14, 2011 at 5:51 PM

darwin on July 14, 2011 at 5:50 PM

Great idea! Thanks!

kingsjester on July 14, 2011 at 5:51 PM

gh on July 14, 2011 at 5:49 PM

He’s on my “Do Not Respond” list, he/she is Looney Tunes.

Cindy Munford on July 14, 2011 at 5:53 PM

Were there so many polls in the first half of 2007? I can’t remember but it seems unusual to me.

gh on July 14, 2011 at 5:53 PM

OmahaConservative on July 14, 2011 at 5:46 PM

LoL!..Hot Air Capitialism at it’s finest!..:)

Dire Straits on July 14, 2011 at 5:54 PM

Cindy Munford on July 14, 2011 at 5:53 PM

In the past, I’ve had an occasional civil exchange but the obsession seems to be getting worse.

gh on July 14, 2011 at 5:55 PM