Great news: Another Obama press conference coming tomorrow morning

posted at 8:05 pm on July 14, 2011 by Allahpundit

11 a.m., the mother of all distributive-justice lectures happens at the White House. He did warn Cantor not to call his bluff, that he’d take his case to the American people rather than do something crazy like agree to a deal that would solve this problem for the country but inconvenience him personally. And now a terrible thought occurs to me: What if he holds a presser every day until August? What if he resolves to take to the air every morning for the next three weeks and riff about corporate jets until the GOP caves? Second look at tax hikes?

No negotiations tomorrow. He’s giving both sides 24-36 hours to reconnoiter with their caucuses and then meet again. If there’s no opening for a deal by then, they’ll have to move to Plan B — and you know what that means.

At a “composed and polite” meeting that lasted 80 minutes, congressional negotiators and the White House finished their review of the work done by the previous group led by Vice President Biden, said the aide, who was not authorized to speak publicly about the meeting. At the end, Obama told the bipartisan leaders that he expected them to agree on a path forward “over the next 24 to 36 hours, the aide said.

No White House meeting is set for Friday, according to several aides familiar with the talks. Instead, leaders are expected to go to their rank-and-file members to discuss the negotiations…

House Republicans have set a conference meeting at the Capitol for early Friday morning; it was not immediately clear whether House Democrats had similar plans.

Here’s a clip from an interview that he did today with a local Philly station. Would a guy who refuses to sign a short-term deal that would end the debt-ceiling standoff purely because it complicates his reelection campaign really dare urge Republicans to “behave in the interest of the American people”? Oh yes, my friends. Yes indeed. In fact, the reporter presses him on the possibility of a short-term deal and O continues to insist that we can’t kick this issue down the road, even though his own party’s been kicking budgetary issues down the road literally for years now. No matter; the media is now paying attention to his hypocrisy. Expect more questions about it at tomorrow’s presser. Exit question: When he says that Congress shouldn’t be allowed to go on vacation in August if this issue is unresolved, does that mean he’s also planning on skipping his birthday fundraiser? Normally I wouldn’t think to ask but, well, you know. Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

An insufferable ass is an insufferable ass, of course, of course
And no one can talk sense to an insufferable ass, of course
And especially, of course, if the insufferable ass is the famous Barack Obama

Go right to the source and ask the insufferable ass
He’ll give you the answer that deceivers will endorse
He’s always on a dissemblers course
Talk to Barack Obama

Barack Obama just yakkity yaks a streak and wastes your time of day
Does any sane person even believe anymore a single thing he has to say?

An insufferable ass is an insufferable ass, of course, of course
And this one’ll talk in prevaricating circles til his voice is hoarse
You never heard of a talking insufferable ass?

Cheshire Cat on July 14, 2011 at 8:58 PM

He’s probably going to walk back the comment about Soc. Sec. checks not going out. There must have been so blow back from that blunder, so he’ll probably attempt to convince us it was one of his incredibly funny jokes like the not-so-ready-shovel-ready-jobs. We’re all still howling about that one, aren’t we?

Whatever it is it should be utterly bizarre, as usual. I will be watching, for sure.

Cody1991 on July 14, 2011 at 8:58 PM

ColdWarrior57 on July 14, 2011 at 8:20 PM

kringeesmom on July 14, 2011 at 8:57 PM

You forgot Let me be clear!

massrighty on July 14, 2011 at 9:00 PM

BTW, who keeps preventing him from being clear?

rogerb on July 14, 2011 at 9:03 PM

He’s got to get this done before summer vacation…

d1carter on July 14, 2011 at 9:03 PM

He’s got to get this done before summer vacation…

d1carter on July 14, 2011 at 9:03 PM

Gotta clear the decks before his 50th birthday AKA 1/2 centennial arrives. Come on folks, he was born to party! Would you deny it to him?

Missy on July 14, 2011 at 9:05 PM

BTW, who keeps preventing him from being clear?

rogerb on July 14, 2011 at 9:03 PM

His muddied brain

darwin-t on July 14, 2011 at 9:05 PM

BTW, who keeps preventing him from being clear?

rogerb on July 14, 2011 at 9:03 PM

That’s the code word for the dude running TOTUS to change the page.

Knucklehead on July 14, 2011 at 9:07 PM

I will be glued to the TV tomorrow for at least the first minute of his presentation. If he does not announce his resignation within that minute, I will hit the off button.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is how to watch an Obama event and keep your sanity.

TXUS on July 14, 2011 at 9:08 PM

POTUS Dances With The Truth.

50sGuy on July 14, 2011 at 9:08 PM

BTW, who keeps preventing him from being clear?

rogerb on July 14, 2011 at 9:03 PM

Heh.

visions on July 14, 2011 at 9:10 PM

I can help but wish that someone like Paul Ryan would pull an Andrew Breitbart and start taking questions from the press when Bambi is late to the podium, as usual.

PackerBronco on July 14, 2011 at 9:11 PM

This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal; this was the moment when we ended a war and secured our nation and restored our image as the last, best hope on Earth. This was the moment – this was the time – when we came together to remake this great nation so that it may always reflect our very best selves, and our highest ideals.

Jeez…. is this not the biggest joke ever pulled on the American people?.

MJZZZ on July 14, 2011 at 9:11 PM

so which will it be tomorrow, petulance or arrogance?

exceller on July 14, 2011 at 9:11 PM

Click the image to watch.

Not if you paid me.

Bruce MacMahon on July 14, 2011 at 9:11 PM

An insufferable ass is an insufferable ass, of course, of course
And no one can talk sense to an insufferable ass, of course
And especially, of course, if the insufferable ass is the famous Barack Obama

Go right to the source and ask the insufferable ass
He’ll give you the answer that deceivers will endorse
He’s always on a dissemblers course
Talk to Barack Obama

Barack Obama just yakkity yaks a streak and wastes your time of day
Does any sane person even believe anymore a single thing he has to say?

An insufferable ass is an insufferable ass, of course, of course
And this one’ll talk in prevaricating circles til his voice is hoarse
You never heard of a talking insufferable ass?

Cheshire Cat on July 14, 2011 at 8:58 PM

That doesn’t even rhyme. And you insult the good song of Mr. Ed.

JellyToast on July 14, 2011 at 9:14 PM

What if he holds a presser every day until August?

Millions of people will be buying brand new TV’s as their old ones could not handle the ‘stress’ of having remote controls, shoes, and various types of kitchen utensils thrown at them!

Freddy on July 14, 2011 at 9:14 PM

Cheshire Cat on July 14, 2011 at 8:58 PM

My daughter was singing that song (the original one) today. Weird.

Cindy Munford on July 14, 2011 at 9:15 PM

Crikey, Shazam, Holy Cow and other exclamatory declarations of delight! Can’t wait. Gonna run out and buy a 52 inch HD television to watch and listen to “His Gift.” Dingy Harry and I will hang on every word.

Herb on July 14, 2011 at 9:18 PM

Missy on July 14, 2011 at 9:05 PM

This is what you get with almost a half-century of continuous affirmative action. An incompetent who gets his C’s turned into A’s, just because, and his hatred for the country that gave him that very advantage. Party on today, big guy, you’re soon to join your partner, Jimmah, in driving nails for the Habitat for Humanity.

TXUS on July 14, 2011 at 9:19 PM

Typical 0bama “leadership”

Isn’t that what presidents are paid to do?

pedestrian on July 14, 2011 at 9:19 PM

Taking it to the people. Wonder if the Greek columns are coming out of storage?

Hening on July 14, 2011 at 9:19 PM

Tomorrow’s transcript:

I uh uh uh… blahblahblah ME uh uh uh… blah blah I blah blah ME blah blah blahuh uh uh… evil Republicans uh uh uh… blah blah ME uh uh uh…ME uh uh uh…ME I blah blah blah hate Sarah Palin uh uh uh… blah blah blah I ME Iuh uh uh… I uh uh uh…I uh uh uh…blah blah killing granny blahuh uh uh… blah blah MEEEEEE uh uh uh… blah blah uh uh uh… blah sharing is uh uh uh… caring blah blah uh uh uh…blah I uh uh uh… I uh uh uh… ME… Thank uh uh uh… you.

greeneyedconservative on July 14, 2011 at 9:22 PM

ColdWarrior57 on July 14, 2011 at 8:20 PM

OMG!! I didn’t read all the comments ~ I thought I was on the first page and JUST saw this> SOOOOOOOO sorry, CW57!! I apologize for riffing on your most excellent post.

greeneyedconservative on July 14, 2011 at 9:25 PM

so which will it be tomorrow, petulance or arrogance?

exceller on July 14, 2011 at 9:11 PM

petularrogance?

massrighty on July 14, 2011 at 9:30 PM

Tomorrow’s transcript:

greeneyedconservative on July 14, 2011 at 9:22 PM

You forgot ” I killed Bin Laden…ha ha ha blah me blah um um…you know I got bin Laden, right”

MJZZZ on July 14, 2011 at 9:31 PM

MJZZZ on July 14, 2011 at 9:31 PM

Damn!! You’re right! Nice addition, MJ

greeneyedconservative on July 14, 2011 at 9:34 PM

STFU already, liar.

Ward Cleaver on July 14, 2011 at 9:39 PM

I’m thinking another food analogy or perhaps a gaffe or two. If the teleprompter is able to attend then I’m sure he will do just fine, and by fine I mean lie about how he is doing all the work and the GOP are a bunch of meany heads, such and such, etc., etc.

RDE2010 on July 14, 2011 at 9:43 PM

Ha! This party is on August 3rd?! Gosh, what a coincidence that the W.H. deadline to raise debt ceiling or default and have the worst crisis in world history is August 2nd. He needs this off his plate so he can party. What a patriot.

Buy Danish on July 14, 2011 at 9:45 PM

Oh please, Mr. President, treat us to more of your awesome condescension! We peasants are at risk of thinking that we’re responsible adults, and everyone knows that only professional politicians can be trusted with making decisions for everyone. Thinking about big stuff is something that shouldn’t be tried at home.

If you can work in some metaphors about yucky vegetables that you and Michelle want us to eat or compare us unfavorably to the behavior of your young daughters, that would be extra-good.

PS You can once again tell us about your compelling personal narrative, we never get tired of hearing about you, or your tireless efforts against the legacy of the evil Bush.

obladioblada on July 14, 2011 at 9:52 PM

If we don’t listen, is he going to take his ball and go home?
…Please?

kingsjester on July 14, 2011 at 10:06 PM

If he doesn’t bring it himself…

… make sure you picture Obowma with the Presidential Binky and Blanky.

Seven Percent Solution on July 14, 2011 at 10:25 PM

Mark Dayton has caved in Minnesota. Cuomo is doing a controlled cave in New York. Walker and the Republican legislature are winning in Wisconsin. Cristie is winning in New Jersey. Kasich is winning in Ohio. Daniels is winning in Indiana. The question shouldn’t be “will the Republicans cave?” In the light of what is going on around the country, it should be “When will the Obamacrats cave?” Obama has to be reading the tea leaves and that’s why he said “Don’t call my bluff.” That says it is a bluff and what he really means is “Please, please, please don’t call my bluff.” Republicans must stand up and be counted. Call his bluff!

stefano1 on July 14, 2011 at 10:34 PM

Chris Muir is on fire!

ElectricPhase on July 14, 2011 at 10:41 PM

I can’t even stand to listen to his lying voice.

See, I feel like he’s actually robbing my children and unborn grandchildren of their wealth and the ability to provide for their families I don’t think he deserves the respect to listen to him.

On January 20, 2013 when he walks up on that podium to watch a FEARLESS Conservative replace him, THEN I might listen to him.

Until then………he’s talking…..I’m muting.

PappyD61 on July 14, 2011 at 10:41 PM

Republicans must stand up and be counted. Call his bluff!
stefano1 on July 14, 2011 at 10:34 PM

DO IT!! ;~)

greeneyedconservative on July 14, 2011 at 10:42 PM

Buy Danish on July 14, 2011 at 9:45 PM

Well he does need that $35,000 per head admission. Considering how the “win a date with Obama/Biden” turned out, I am interested to see how that plays out.

RDE2010 on July 14, 2011 at 10:46 PM

* per couple (but still)

RDE2010 on July 14, 2011 at 10:47 PM

The more he talks, the lower his approval rating goes. I hope he talks every day. The American people are on to this conman.

huckleberryfriend on July 14, 2011 at 10:49 PM

The White House internal polling must look awful, even with the full support of the MSM. If they really thought they were winning the PR battle, they’d let the Republicans hang themselves.

The vilification of Cantor. All the pressers he’s holding. The meltdowns. Teh Won is just too desperate right now. It’s all an indication that he knows that he isn’t in a strong position, and that he needs a victory.

They really should just pass the short term extension and dare him to veto it. The tantrum would be epic…

PetecminMd on July 14, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Well, you know, Obama has so many other important things to do Friday, like

130pm; The President meets with Ruby Bridges and representatives of the Norman Rockwell Museum and views Rockwell’s “The Problem We All Live With”

Which is….wait, closed to the press?

There is nothing on President Sippy Cup’s agenda after that.

William Teach on July 14, 2011 at 10:54 PM

huckleberryfriend on July 14, 2011 at 10:49 PM

I agree, though I may need to order a case of barf bags…

greeneyedconservative on July 14, 2011 at 10:57 PM

Incoming rants and threats from a man losing by almost double digits to a generic Republican.
In the words of The Rock , ” Bring it!”

jjshaka on July 14, 2011 at 11:07 PM

See he’s pushing another new plan:

Same old, same old – Tax the evil oil companies, corporate jet owners, etc. Basically put anyone making any money out of business. Hope the House leadership is smarter than to fall for this regurgitated nonsense.

JFS61 on July 14, 2011 at 11:08 PM

Golly, I hope Paul Ryan shows up at the press conference, Breitbart style, to thank Obama for the wine recommendation and maybe ask the Campaigner-in-Chief whatever happened to that Social Security lockbox.

Otherwise, odds are we’ll see another lousy presser performance. Obama has been working harder putting in more hours than usual away from the links. No wonder he’s grumpy man-child.

Terrie on July 14, 2011 at 11:30 PM

So the Obama presser will actually preempt the View and the Jerry Springer show. Good luck with that audience.

Dasher on July 15, 2011 at 12:08 AM

Dasher on July 15, 2011 at 12:08 AM

*Snerk.* They deserve each other.

Uncle Sams Nephew on July 15, 2011 at 12:12 AM

Here is the speech transcript…

“Let me be clear…

I’M TELLIN MOM!!!!!”

ClassicCon on July 15, 2011 at 12:13 AM

so which will it be tomorrow, petulance or arrogance?

exceller on July 14, 2011 at 9:11 PM

POUTUS (courtesy of brilliant commenter on Obamateurism thread of today)

Schadenfreude on July 15, 2011 at 12:15 AM

BTW, who keeps preventing him from being clear?

rogerb on July 14, 2011 at 9:03 PM

it’s positive reinforcement :-), he knows he does not make sense to be and that he’s not clearthat he’s got a convoluted, obfuscating way of talking….

jimver on July 15, 2011 at 12:22 AM

so which will it be tomorrow, petulance or arrogance?

exceller on July 14, 2011 at 9:11 PM

ignorance…

jimver on July 15, 2011 at 12:24 AM

oups, looks like I pulled an Obama with my ‘convoluted’ comment above :-)…I pressed ‘submit’ before I had the chance to delete the first half of that sentence :-)…

jimver on July 15, 2011 at 12:28 AM

Does anyone remember the seen in Alien where Ash goes nuts and starts spinning around, gibbering with fluid spewing out of his mouth? We are nearing that time.

roy_batty on July 15, 2011 at 12:28 AM

Click the image to watch.

Not if you paid me.

Bruce MacMahon on July 14, 2011 at 9:11 PM

100+

Dasher on July 15, 2011 at 12:37 AM

so which will it be tomorrow, petulance or arrogance?

exceller on July 14, 2011 at 9:11 PM

ignorance…

jimver on July 15, 2011 at 12:24 AM

All of the above.

Fighton03 on July 15, 2011 at 1:04 AM

Is Cantor giving any rebuttal to this fail ploy?

Will anyone ask him why the dems have no budget after 800+ days?

Is there a printed copy of YOUR plan?

What did you know about “fast and furious” and when did you know it?

dogsoldier on July 15, 2011 at 6:26 AM

Kick the can
Green Energy
Roads and Bridges
Crumbling infrastructure

Come on, let’s play!

Key West Reader on July 15, 2011 at 6:53 AM

Me… me…. mine… I…I…I… like you very much!

I, I, I, I like you oh so much!

Fondly recalling the last episode of The Prisoner… yes there is a meltdown coming, that I can feel miles away from the WH.

Once he enthralled millions…now he will find the MUTE button is his enemy.

ajacksonian on July 15, 2011 at 7:07 AM

TXUS on July 14, 2011 at 9:08 PM

If he only threatened to resign if the Republicans didn’t cave . . .

BigAlSouth on July 15, 2011 at 7:09 AM

gop won’t compromise….i’ve put SO MUCH on the table…

RIGHT NOW….

I I I I, blame bush, blame STRAWMAN…..

why can’t they compromise….eat their peas

cmsinaz on July 15, 2011 at 7:33 AM

Key West Reader on July 15, 2011 at 6:53 AM

don’t forget bush and strawmen….

i’m ready :)

cmsinaz on July 15, 2011 at 7:34 AM

or some say….

cmsinaz on July 15, 2011 at 7:35 AM

My take.

kingsjester on July 15, 2011 at 7:45 AM

This would be a really good time for another wave of tea party rallies.

No more spending! No new taxes!

bitsy on July 15, 2011 at 8:08 AM

Come on, let’s play!

Key West Reader on July 15, 2011 at 6:53 AM

-High Speed Rail
-Winning the Future (WTF??)
-As I have always said

Naturally Curly on July 15, 2011 at 8:10 AM

Ramadan in 2011 will start on Monday, the 1st of August and will continue for 30 days until Tuesday, the 30th of August.

Any views on how this might affect the muzzie-in-chief’s thought process?

Ris4victory on July 15, 2011 at 8:30 AM

Good lord . . . enough. How about an old “I Love Lucy” rerun instead.

rplat on July 15, 2011 at 8:32 AM

Um, that would be ‘bringing it’ to the American people. Why is it kicking the can down the road since this seems to be a flexible can anyway? It’s been raised in the past and undoubtedly will be raised again in the future since the debt will be eating us alive forever. Bring it, Barry!

Kissmygrits on July 15, 2011 at 8:47 AM

I’m going to watch this one, actually. The odds are looking good for a live, televised melt down.

bitsy on July 15, 2011 at 9:03 AM

Key West Reader on July 15, 2011 at 6:53 AM

You forgot ATMs

txhsmom on July 15, 2011 at 9:41 AM

PRIORITIES

franksalterego on July 15, 2011 at 9:50 AM

Since the GOP presser is delayed, I think they’re going to come out with a debt-ceiling offer. They won’t say “take it or leave it,” but they’ll say it’s a good deal, they’ve “compromised,” and they “hope” Barry will be reasonable — for the good of the country — and sign on. Man is that ever going to piss off Barry. If he’s planning a scold, and the conference becomes “will you take the deal?” he’s going to melt down.

Rational Thought on July 15, 2011 at 9:54 AM

IF, and it’s a big if, the LSM starts reporting on this amateurs complete inability (or unwillingness) to handle the job of POTUS, the last vestiges of his facade will be stripped away and all Americans will see him for what he is.

This debt limit increase deal is the very first time he has been forced to engage in actual governance of the country. And he is failing miserable at it! He storms out of meetings, throws temper tantrums, demagogues the issue while insisting the issue should not be demagogued, and now pretends to be the adult in the room.

My hope is that the GOP will take the lead of Bachmann, Palin, and others who are ready to man up and force this scumbag to blink.

There are only three possible conclusions to come to…

A) He is a total amateur, or
B) He is doing this on purpose to destroy the country through a Cloward/Piven strategy.
C) He is simply doing what he thinks will get him reelected irrespective of the damage it causes.

csdeven on July 15, 2011 at 9:55 AM

My take.

kingsjester on July 15, 2011 at 7:45 AM

That was a very good evaluation of the policies Obama has put in place that are in direct opposition to most Americans.

Roughly 60% of Americans are in opposition to his Marxist policies. This clearly includes indies with the conservatives. I would make one additional point to your assessment……whichever candidate we nominate, he/she must be able to speak to that 60% without being toxic.

csdeven on July 15, 2011 at 10:06 AM

There are only three possible conclusions to come to…

A) He is a total amateur, or

csdeven on July 15, 2011 at 9:55 AM

D) All of the above

JFS61 on July 15, 2011 at 10:10 AM

He’s not gonna preempt The Price Is Right is he? Cause then I’ll be really mad.

vcferlita on July 15, 2011 at 10:13 AM

D) All of the above

JFS61 on July 15, 2011 at 10:10 AM

I have to agree with you. He does each one of those things depending on the situation.

csdeven on July 15, 2011 at 10:31 AM

Would Obama really veto a short-term debt-ceiling increase, like the one proposed by Krauthammer ($500 billion in debt-ceiling increase for $500 billion in spending cuts)?

House Republicans should pass it through the House, and tell Obama and the nation that they have a chance to prevent default now, and four months or so to strike a bigger deal. If such a plan passes the Senate and Obama vetoes it, public blame for the default will fall squarely on Obama.

Steve Z on July 15, 2011 at 10:35 AM

High Speed Rail
-Winning the Future (WTF??)
-As I have always said

Naturally Curly on July 15, 2011 at 8:10 AM

-Winning the Future (WTF??)

Sputnik moment :-)

‘As I always said’

Enlightenment Clarity :-)

High Speed Rail

high gas prices…

jimver on July 15, 2011 at 1:35 PM

Another scripted press conference and reporters will be called upon as their name is shown on the prompter with the question the reporter is allowed to ask while the POTUS reads the prepared answer. Remember the tax question the lady asked the POTUS and he went into a 14 minute dissertation?

mixplix on July 15, 2011 at 9:37 PM