Marine to Mila Kunis: Let’s me and you hook it up at the Marine Corps Ball; Mila Kunis to Marine: Okay

posted at 9:05 pm on July 11, 2011 by Allahpundit

I’m trying to read this guy’s mind and figure out whether he cut the video as a goof, just messing around on a slow day at war, or whether this was actually part of a brilliantly clever scheme to make it happen. Step one: Film the clip, in full bad-ass uniform, replete with a cutesy move with the shades. Step two: E-mail it out to friends and friends of friends and wait for it to go viral. Step three: Hope that some entertainment reporter stumbles across it and asks Mila Kunis about it — on camera, preferably.

If this guy really did game it out that way, he should be planning war strategy in Afghanistan. Jackpot:

After questioning her publicist if she knew about the invitation, the clearly flattered 27-year-old actress agreed.

“I’ll go, I’ll do it for you,” she said, turning to Timberlake. “Are you going to come?”

“They don’t want me! They want you,” Timberlake responded. “You need to do it for your country.”

Kunis nodded.

“I’ll do it,” she confirmed.

So get that limo reserved, Sgt. Moore!

Alternate headline: “Marine Corps recruiting up 800 percent.” The only problem? Obviously there’ll be other guys who follow his lead and the pressure will be on for other gorgeous young starlets not to say no. C’mon, Blake Lively: You do support the troops, don’t you?

Dude, this is so alpha, it should come with a content warning for beta males. Damn.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Asking some woman for a date – on youtube no less – who has never heard of you, doesn’t care who you are, and would never in a million years, under any other circumstance, give you the time of day in the real world, is the essence of what a beta male is.

Yes, I know, he’s a Marine, so we are all supposed to give him thumbs up, and a wink, but that is what you would do if your 12 year-old son asked out a classmate.

Reminds me of that kid who asked Megan Fox for a date. It’s so beta male, there is no antidote for it.

keep the change on July 11, 2011 at 10:38 PM

Two problems:

1. Not all that alpha. Not face-to-face, no risk involved, includes a built-in sympathy card if she’d said no.

2. Mila Kunis.

Freelancer on July 11, 2011 at 10:43 PM

Chrasima Carpenter – F15mech

Wow, I had never heard of her, so I google image’d her … yowza! You have good tatse in women, Eagle Fixer!

As for Scott, the badazz Marine … just when ya think the Marines couldn’t be any more badazz, this guy comes along. OUTSTANDING work, Sarge!

Tony737 on July 11, 2011 at 10:43 PM

2. Mila Kunis.

Freelancer on July 11, 2011 at 10:43 PM

Ain’t nothing “problematic” about Mila Kunis. Sheesh.

Allahpundit on July 11, 2011 at 10:45 PM

Allahpundit on July 11, 2011 at 10:45 PM

Ain’t nothing “problematic” about Mila Kunis. Sheesh.

QFT.

thphilli on July 11, 2011 at 10:46 PM

2. Mila Kunis.

Freelancer on July 11, 2011 at 10:43 PM

Ain’t nothing “problematic” about Mila Kunis. Sheesh.

Allahpundit on July 11, 2011 at 10:45 PM

Yeah, Freelancer, I don’t get where you are going with that. Mila Kunis is a beautiful young lady (upgrading because my daughter reads HotAir now…sorry Lorien).

Jaibones on July 11, 2011 at 10:51 PM

keep the change on July 11, 2011 at 10:38 PM

Whatevs … he’s got a date with Mila Kunis soooo ….

HondaV65 on July 11, 2011 at 10:53 PM

keep the change on July 11, 2011 at 10:38 PM

I wouldn’t say what the Marine did on the video was something courageous, probably just a whim and a joke. That it has gone to a new level, I’m sure he is the first surprised by it.

But to say or even imply this man is a beta male in any way says much more about your ignorance of what a Marine really is. Do you have any concept of the training and of the real world these fine men live in?

TXUS on July 11, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Hey, I use to serve in the Army. Can I get a date with this guy?

mizflame98 on July 11, 2011 at 10:56 PM

keep the change on July 11, 2011 at 10:38 PM

Don’t be hatin on our fine Marine. Just because you’re jealous doesn’t mean he’s a beta male.

mizflame98 on July 11, 2011 at 11:04 PM

Here’s my response to the “alpha/beta male” debate – the old military saying, “If it’s stupid but it works, it’s not stupid.” Well done, Marine. Have a safe trip back from Afghanistan, and get set to take the belle to the ball.

KillerKane on July 11, 2011 at 11:12 PM

Hey, I use to serve in the Army. Can I get a date with this guy?

mizflame98 on July 11, 2011 at 10:56 PM
Jackman is cute+he can sing

I think Ian McKellan is a silver fox.
Yeah-he’s homosexual and old enough to be my father.
If only he were around 50 and straight….

annoyinglittletwerp on July 11, 2011 at 11:16 PM

Being a Marine has no impact on one’s ability to be either beta or alpha. That is a sexual term. So the Marine cheering section can rest easy. What does impact a guy’s status in the department is how he interacts with women he seeks to mate with. And in that sense, using a youtube video asking a celebrity, or any woman, for a date doesn’t quite cut the alpha male muster. Can you imagine Bond doing that?

Hello, young lady, my name is Bond. James Bond. I am a British secret agent. Would you like to go out with me. Think about it and get back to me.

That last part was the worst of it. An alpha male doesn’t give the lady the option of thinking about it and getting back to him later. lol.

keep the change on July 11, 2011 at 11:19 PM

keep the change on July 11, 2011 at 11:19 PM

O2
2-11
In progress

hawkdriver on July 11, 2011 at 11:22 PM

BTW, Mila and her family are from the former Soviet Union. Most people who immigrated from there are no leftists.

myx0mop on July 11, 2011 at 11:22 PM

myx0mop on July 11, 2011 at 11:22 PM

Meh. Just because she agreed doesn’t mean she’s not a Leftist. 99.9% of these Hollywood stars are leftists. Justin Timberlake was encouraging her to do it and he campaigned for Obama.

terryannonline on July 11, 2011 at 11:25 PM

Some leftists are pro-military = Robin Williams, Joan Jett, Senator Al Franken, to name a few.

KillerKane on July 11, 2011 at 11:28 PM

KillerKane on July 11, 2011 at 11:28 PM

Franken is not pro-military.

hawkdriver on July 11, 2011 at 11:30 PM

Okay, my bad. I should also have added that the “few” leftists who support the military are, indeed, few.

KillerKane on July 11, 2011 at 11:33 PM

KillerKane on July 11, 2011 at 11:33 PM

Saw his USO “comedy” routine in Camp Udairi Kuwait. It was nothing more than an anti-Bush Administration rant. He wore a trash can lid and said it’s what was given to the Guard and Reserve for body armor while the Active Duty guys got real body armor. No one laughed. About half the audience left the DFAC.

hawkdriver on July 11, 2011 at 11:39 PM

keep the change on July 11, 2011 at 10:38 PM

He did, I did, you couldn’t. That pretty much sums it up in a nutshell. You can babble all you want about being an alpha but the fact of the matter is you couldn’t cut so you never tried. Make whatever excuse you want the end result is the same.

jdkchem on July 11, 2011 at 11:46 PM

Fox should have shown Mila the video rather than just talk about it, but oh well.

I guess FWB now means Friends with Bazookas. Kudos to Sgt. Scott for asking, and Mila for accepting.

sulla on July 11, 2011 at 11:52 PM

Mila will be introduced to the US Marines, and changed for life.

exdeadhead on July 11, 2011 at 11:53 PM

Blake Lively!?! She’s a child. You’re a dirty old man, Allah.

She’s almost 24!

Allahpundit on July 11, 2011 at 9:44 PM

AP, maybe this quote from “Operation Petticoat” will help you…..

When a girl is under 21 she’s protected by law. When she’s over 65 she’s protected by nature. Anywhere in between, she’s fair game. – Grant

VikingGoneWild on July 12, 2011 at 12:09 AM

If you don’t ask, you don’t get. Who cares how his opportunity happened…..he got it. Now it’s up to him to show her a splendid time.

“Who Dares Wins”

VikingGoneWild on July 12, 2011 at 12:26 AM

Substitute Taylor Swift for Mila Kunis and I’m already filling out the recruitment papers. ;)

Ryan Anthony on July 12, 2011 at 12:36 AM

Yes, but she grew up in the entertainment industry, which tends to be liberal, and she’s Jewish, and they tend to be liberal, so if you balance out the …

Wait a minute. This is Mila Kunis we’re talking about. Who cares what her politics are?!

YYZ on July 12, 2011 at 12:53 AM

A Marine is going out with Meg from Family Guy?

radjah shelduck on July 12, 2011 at 12:56 AM

Kunis? Meh. Is it appropriate that she call a sergeant “sir?” And what was she about to say when she said, “What if he’s…?”

Hey, it’s his ball, and he can ask any man or woman he chooses. But she’s made it abundantly clear she’s not doing for him or out of the goodness of her heart.

“November what?” Pfft…please, like you’re booked solid with really important things all November. You were hoping for a scheduling conflict to bail on something you have zero interest in doing in the first place.

Timberlake put peer pressure on her before the cameras, and she gave in to a dare. Pretty lame. Anyhow, hope they both have fun if they go together.

Christien on July 12, 2011 at 1:24 AM

First I’ve seen the video of the exchange between her & Justin. Seemed like the goofy, stoned “whatever” Jackie Burkhart reply.

If she sticks to it, aces. If not, shame.

Ugly on July 12, 2011 at 3:06 AM

A Marine is going out with Meg from Family Guy?

radjah shelduck on July 12, 2011 at 12:56 AM

I had a thing for Peg Bundy back in the day.

Ugly on July 12, 2011 at 3:08 AM

keep the change on July 11, 2011 at 10:38 PM

Prayers no one is killed to make the date…

… or did you even think of that?

Seven Percent Solution on July 12, 2011 at 3:26 AM

He asked, he received. I for one am glad she said yes. She was ambushed not by the Sgt but by Timberlake and her publicist. She was unclear of the who, what where. The question of going was put to her before she knew. It was not dumb of her to ask. Remember Mila had not seen the youtube clip.

IowaWoman on July 12, 2011 at 4:02 AM

Mila will be introduced to the US Marines, and changed for life.

exdeadhead on July 11, 2011 at 11:53 PM

I thought the same thing when I heard about this this morning. She’ll go to the ball, see all of those good honorable young men and women there and realize all she’s been told is untrue.

She’ll be doing USO shows before it’s over.

BacaDog on July 12, 2011 at 7:46 AM

She was good in Book of Eli.

rob verdi on July 12, 2011 at 7:54 AM

Mila will be introduced to the US Marines, and changed for life.

exdeadhead on July 11, 2011 at 11:53 PM

Heh. After a short career surrounded by ultimate beta male NancyBoys like that gossipy little dork Timberlake, she will be startled by exposure to real men.

Good for her.

Jaibones on July 12, 2011 at 8:23 AM

The Marine’s alpha/beta status is not determined by this clip, since it’s just a shot in the dark and no real risk of rejection or investment in expectation of her accepting, but he is a Marine, so he IS an alpha.

2 notes: (1) He looks to be deployed, meaning he couldn’t have access to ask in person. (2) He doesn’t appear to know Mila, so he would have no other avenue to ask her out…thus, he’s a winner for finding a path to his goal.

Chrasima Carpenter – F15mech

How were you not exposed to the entire Buffy the Vampire Slayer + Angel rage from around the turn of the century? Joss Whedon (Firefly), BtVS, Angel (David Boreanaz, also of Bones fame), Sarah Michelle Gellar (probably would have set the “Google trends” record if it were available at the time)…Charisma Carpenter, Seth Green, Alyson Hannigan, etc. CC was in both BtVS and Angel. I guess no television was available to you at the time, because I don’t see how it could be avoided.

Geministorm on July 12, 2011 at 8:49 AM

Her character on Family Guy spoke Russian once – even though it’s a cartoon it sounded so sexy! I’m happy that some of our finest men will get a cdhance to dance with this gorgeous girl.

Dork B. on July 12, 2011 at 9:12 AM

I kmow nothing about Mila’s political views.

However, I will assume she is at least somewhat conservative. She is from The Ukraine. She came to the US when she was young, 5 years old or something. So even though she doesn’t remember living in the glorious Soviet paradise, her parents sure do. And I’m sure growing up her parents instilled in her a sense of what communism is all about.

Want to see a rabid anti-smoker? Talk to an ex-smoker. Want to see a rabid anti-communist? Talk to someone who lived in the Iron Curtain.

angryed on July 12, 2011 at 9:20 AM

She’s a liberal (big Obama supporter) but a hot liberal.

Some of the guys in this thread bashing Kunis and the sergeant just sound jealous.

AngusMc on July 12, 2011 at 9:46 AM

Two things:

1. I didn’t accuse the Sgt. of not being an alpha-male. That is indeterminate by this clip, but he IS a Marine. I commented that his actions in the clip aren’t alpha actions. I stand by that. No risk, no fear, no big deal.

2. I’m 50 years old and have been happily married for 28 of them. My wonderful wife survived a 21-year military career completely intact, and next to her I couldn’t possibly be jealous over a c-list bimbette.

Freelancer on July 12, 2011 at 10:15 AM

Ain’t nothing “problematic” about Mila Kunis. Sheesh.

Allahpundit on July 11, 2011 at 10:45 PM

Yeah, I don’t get that at all. The woman is beautiful, and she’s not a bad actor.

I couldn’t possibly be jealous over a c-list bimbette.

Freelancer on July 12, 2011 at 10:15 AM

She’s definitely not c-list. I really don’t get your problem with her. I’m assuming she’s a liberal, but I don’t recall her ever being obnoxious about it.

Esthier on July 12, 2011 at 12:04 PM

Two problems:

2. Mila Kunis.

Freelancer on July 11, 2011 at 10:43 PM

Jealous much?

csdeven on July 12, 2011 at 3:25 PM

Two problems:

2. Mila Kunis.

Freelancer on July 11, 2011 at 10:43 PM

You are very confused.

Go RBNY on July 12, 2011 at 4:49 PM

Nice move by the Sarge but I’m going to have to buck the Hollyweird Poster humpers on this thread. Just because she’s on TV doesn’t mean she’s hot. I’ve had better. Scale of 1-10 she’s a strong 6.

But she’s a lib, so she’s probably easy so, drink up and enjoy it.

austinnelly on July 12, 2011 at 5:30 PM

I can assure that Marine’s dig lib chicks and it’s not b/c of their political ideology. It’s an in/out op.

whiskeytango on July 12, 2011 at 5:35 PM

@whiskeytango–Roger that! “date Democrat, marry Republican.”. And from what little I know of the girl, she’s a “nice girl” as starlettes go. Just hope he treats her as a gentleman.

quikstrike98 on July 12, 2011 at 6:56 PM

Beta male, for real? This guy defines Adapt, Improvise, Overcome! This Marine defined an alpha move. A beta would never have gotten past his downloaded, ahem, images. And Mila Kunis is hot but, to each his own.

roy_batty on July 12, 2011 at 7:33 PM