Video: Bachmann dispels popular image of Tea Partiers as “toothless hillbillies”

posted at 10:00 am on July 6, 2011 by Tina Korbe

GOP presidential hopeful Rep. Michele Bachmann has so far drawn larger crowds in Iowa than any other candidate, according to at least one news broadcast — and her ties to the Tea Party seem to have something to do with that (h/t Drudge and RCP).

She’s right, of course. Those who disagree with Tea Party principles will of course imply Tea Partiers are gauche and unimpressive. But ongoing attempted dismissals of the Tea Party as extreme or uneducated actually just serve to underscore how effective this organic movement of “ordinary” Americans has been — and how integral Tea Party support or opposition can be to an election or reelection effort.

As Townhall.com’s Kevin Glass recently wrote so eloquently:

Maybe it’s a result of not going to enough parades on the Fourth of July, but many on the Left continue to misunderstand what conservatives are all about. In one fell swoop, the Washington Post’s E.J. Dionne accuses conservatives of being anti-democratic, historically ignorant, intellectually shallow, inherently violent and possibly secret racists. …

Memo to the left: tea partiers aren’t anarchists. They’re not violent revolutionaries. They’re not premised on the idea that Barack Obama is somehow an ‘illegitimate’ president. They’re ordinary working Americans who can see the profligate spending of the federal government and want to harken back to a time when states had more power, the federal government had more checks on it, and the federal government wasn’t carrying entitlement liabilities that will bring down the economy in the near future if something’s not done.

Yep. Sounds like a group whose support is worth having.

Comments

The Left doesn’t understand normal people.

Akzed on July 6, 2011 at 10:02 AM

Where were she when the tea party were libeled as murderers.

the_nile on July 6, 2011 at 10:02 AM

Michele is a good opening act.

faraway on July 6, 2011 at 10:03 AM

Press Esc to exit full screen mode

fusionaddict on July 6, 2011 at 10:04 AM

I liked the evil rich white guy meme better. Can we go back to that?

hawkdriver on July 6, 2011 at 10:05 AM

Where were she when the tea party were libeled as murderers.

the_nile on July 6, 2011 at 10:02 AM

Silent just like every other politician except for maybe Huckster(I think he issued a written statement). It’s not a dealbreaker for me, but Bachmann better not just be using the Tea Party for her own political gain. We’ll know soon enough as the primary season unfolds and she gets more specific on what she’d do as President(aside from repealing Obamacare which even Mittens has pledged to do).

Doughboy on July 6, 2011 at 10:08 AM

That’s right, I’m no toothless hillbilly!

Well, come to think of it, I did knock some teeth out playing hockey and I lived in WV for years. But I do have some book-learnin’!

forest on July 6, 2011 at 10:09 AM

I liked the evil rich white guy meme better. Can we go back to that?

hawkdriver on July 6, 2011 at 10:05 AM

Me too. I was hoping to be fitted for my Brooks Brothers suit soon.

strictnein on July 6, 2011 at 10:09 AM

I don’t need to watch that video. If I want to see knuckle draggers I’ll go to the zoo. – Love, David Brooks

P.S. My liberal friends like me, so neener neener to you!

NotCoach on July 6, 2011 at 10:11 AM

Bachmann dispels popular image of Tea Partiers as “toothless hillbillies”
——-
What a ludicrous strawman.

Show us where anybody of note has called tea partiers this.

Dave Rywall on July 6, 2011 at 10:15 AM

The left doesn’t consider us toothless hillbillies- that would be insulting to rural indigents whose lack of proper dental healthcare demonstrates the need for Obamacare. No, we Tea Partier types are more in the puppy-feasting, Racist Nazi category, as far as the Left is concerned.

michaelo on July 6, 2011 at 10:15 AM

We need to make the liberals live by their own book of rules.

Tea partiers should march on NYC. Televise the event. They will likely be fire-hosed, beaten and arrested.

faraway on July 6, 2011 at 10:16 AM

The Tea Partiers are not violent as is well known to any moderately serious observer of Tea Party events. They may, however, have a limit regarding the currently fashionable unchecked urban violence.

GaltBlvnAtty on July 6, 2011 at 10:18 AM

Bachmann dispels popular image of Tea Partiers as “toothless hillbillies”

No, not really.

faraway on July 6, 2011 at 10:16 AM

Don’t flatter yourself TOO much, faraway. We’d yawn loudly and go about our lives.

ernesto on July 6, 2011 at 10:18 AM

…plus she’s easy on the eyes.

Alden Pyle on July 6, 2011 at 10:18 AM

ernesto on July 6, 2011 at 10:18 AM

Not one, but two trolls have been dispatched to this thread.

This one must have hit a nerve.

BuckeyeSam on July 6, 2011 at 10:24 AM

Bachmann dispels popular image of Tea Partiers as “toothless hillbillies”
——-
What a ludicrous strawman.

Show us where anybody of note has called tea partiers this.

Dave Rywall on July 6, 2011 at 10:15 AM

Drywall… please review ANY of the OLM coverage of the Tea Party from inception… It was insulting in its overall condensation towards ME (yes, I took it VERY personally)…

PBHO: be afraid… be VERY afraid…

Khun Joe on July 6, 2011 at 10:25 AM

Doughboy on July 6, 2011 at 10:08 AM

Well, it was a dealbreaker for me. MB now out on the road saying how her and Sarah are great friends, yet in the same breath says she doesn’t know how to get a hold of her…..really?
MB got a hold of Sarah real easily when she needed her for that big ol’ fundraiser.

Listen, if MB is sooo concerned about how the Tea Party is portrayed, where was she when the Tea Party…along with Sarah…was being blamed for something so horrible?
Sarah puts out a powerful video defending not only herself, but the Tea Party too, because she understands “we the people”.
Where was MB?….crickets.

I’ll stand with Sarah.

tencole on July 6, 2011 at 10:25 AM

ernesto on July 6, 2011 at 10:18 AM

If the way Beck was treated at an outdoor movie is any indication of how conservatives would be treated then I’d say you’re wrong.

darwin on July 6, 2011 at 10:29 AM

A time when states had more power, the federal government had more checks on it, and the federal government wasn’t carrying entitlement liabilities that will bring down the economy in the near future if something’s not done.

ernesto

Dave Rywall

Do you two think we should have all those entitlement liabilities that will bring down the economy in the near future?

Chip on July 6, 2011 at 10:30 AM

darwin on July 6, 2011 at 10:29 AM

I’m very sorry that happened to him, but I stand by what I said: If the tea party had a march, no one would show. We have better things to do than head to midtown to antagonize out-of-towners.

ernesto on July 6, 2011 at 10:32 AM

Who cares what Obama thinks of Tea Party supporters?

Do you think King George III may have had some choice words for the “rebels”?

technopeasant on July 6, 2011 at 10:33 AM

Can anyone locate a video that was shot during the 2008 election of conservatives being heckled in NYC? Can’t remember who did this? Anyone?

faraway on July 6, 2011 at 10:33 AM

Where was MB?….crickets.

I’ll stand with Sarah.

tencole on July 6, 2011 at 10:25 AM

Bachmann was cowering in fear just like the rest of the GOP. They didn’t wanna seem combative or insensitive in the wake of the “new civility”, so they kept their mouths shut and let the Democrats and media(I know, I’m being redundant) get away with one of the lowest forms of character assassination I’ve witnessed in my lifetime.

That being said, if I’m gonna crucify Bachmann for her silence, I’d have to do likewise with every other GOP candidate currently in the field. So I’ll weigh whether or not to support her based on what she does from here on out in the primaries.

Doughboy on July 6, 2011 at 10:33 AM

As to “toothless hillbillies”… I didnt realize the Dem stronghold within urban ghettos had great dental plans.

Odie1941 on July 6, 2011 at 10:34 AM

Brava, Bachmann is doing well.

Memo to the Republican establishment: the Libertarian/Republican tea partiers aren’t anarchists. Instead, they are constitutional conservatives, centrists between the anarchy of no law and the authoritarianism that obliterates the US Constitution as Supreme Law of the Land.

So the Alinsky smear job being touted is coming from the RINO country club elitist ingrates as well as those ingrates elected by Tea Party voters including the “Libertarians are anarchists” Col.West and “the great” mouthpiece Mark Levin who both certainly know better, but just can’t pass up the opportunity to abuse the very Alinsky tactics they bemoan when used against their own interests. Sean Hannity used to squeal, “I’m not a Republican, I’m Libertarian” when GWBush made the Republican Party political suicide to support. So flip flop Hannity was an anarchist supporting constitutional conservatism? That’s as dumb a smear as corrupt incumbents and their “smart” newly elected establishment Republican legislators fabricate from whole cloth in order to perpetuate the corrupt status quo. Political expediency is what corroded and corrupted our Constitutional Governance, establishing the authoritarianism currently ruling America on behalf of the UN.

That Bachmann gives credence to the Tea Party movement is to her credit so long as her agenda doesn’t sell out to political expediency. I support her efforts, just as I support any constitutional conservative’s efforts to stay on target, removing bipartisan authoritarian “common values” from government.

maverick muse on July 6, 2011 at 10:34 AM

“But math is evil”

- David Brooks, Washington Post, Paul Krugman, etc…

tetriskid on July 6, 2011 at 10:35 AM

What a ludicrous strawman.
Show us where anybody of note has called tea partiers this.
Dave Rywall on July 6, 2011 at 10:15 AM

Would racist homophobic tea bagging knuckle draggers suffice?

Akzed on July 6, 2011 at 10:37 AM

Chip on July 6, 2011 at 10:30 AM

I disagree with the characterization that they will bring down the economy. We will adjust them at the margins with benefits cuts and tax increases, just like Reagan. Generally, though, I do feel we ought to have substantial entitlement liabilities, and that revenue enhancements play a role.

ernesto on July 6, 2011 at 10:37 AM

Do you think King George III may have had some choice words for the “rebels”?

technopeasant on July 6, 2011 at 10:33 AM

Amen to how that turned out.

maverick muse on July 6, 2011 at 10:39 AM

ernesto on July 6, 2011 at 10:37 AM

Wow, you didn’t even say “tax cuts for the rich” once, Che.

Akzed on July 6, 2011 at 10:41 AM

ernesto on July 6, 2011 at 10:32 AM

Well that’s good to hear, but liberals aren’t exactly known for their tolerance of people who don’t agree with them. Maybe just the lower class liberals would show up to throw stuff and call them names.

darwin on July 6, 2011 at 10:41 AM

Bachmann dispels popular image of Tea Partiers as “toothless hillbillies”
——-
What a ludicrous strawman.

Show us where anybody of note has called tea partiers this.

Dave Rywall on July 6, 2011 at 10:15 AM

speaking of strawmen, screw off you scarecrow. The Obama Administration and Jackass Congressional leadership is rife with unoriginal wankers who’ve sniggered and called teh Tea Party folks ‘teabaggers’ AND YOU KNOW IT.

rayra on July 6, 2011 at 10:44 AM

Whew. I just made it in from the hills to the public library computer funded by taxes on corporate jet owners. Now that I have put my patial back in, I can type a misspelled sentence full of rural slang corrected by spellcheck and grammar check. Oh wait, let me get rid of my Redman chewing tobacco. Ok, now I’m ready.

Go, Michelle!

JimP on July 6, 2011 at 10:45 AM

ernesto on July 6, 2011 at 10:37 AM

The larger the welfare state … the more “poor” we have. That’s just the way it is. Liberals create the problems then pass laws to steal money from people.

Secondly, if liberals were as charitable as they are eager to steal then they could simply give routinely to the “poor”.

darwin on July 6, 2011 at 10:45 AM

Chip on July 6, 2011 at 10:30 AM

I disagree with the characterization that they will bring down the economy.

Are those prescription rose colored glasses?

We will adjust them at the margins with benefits cuts and tax increases.

In other words, spread the wealth around?

revenue enhancements – higher taxes?

ernesto on July 6, 2011 at 10:37 AM

Nice strawman finish there.

Tell me, what happens when these tax increases enhance the economy into a bigger hole?

And tell me how the poor and elderly won’t be left out to dry by the collapse of the whole system?

Chip on July 6, 2011 at 10:47 AM

Bachmann: The REAL Tea Party candidate!

csdeven on July 6, 2011 at 10:48 AM

Chip on July 6, 2011 at 10:47 AM

Liberals never think that far ahead. See: 20th Century Communism.

They’re very much into immediate gratification.

darwin on July 6, 2011 at 10:50 AM

Bachmann: The REAL Tea Party candidate!

csdeven on July 6, 2011 at 10:48 AM

Sounds like you’re pushing a soda pop or something.

darwin on July 6, 2011 at 10:51 AM

Typical psychological projection by a Proggie (pronounced like “froggie) hater.

I got news for the entire political class:

Us toothless hillbillies vote too.

And we’ll be comin’ down outta them thar hills in 2012.

novaculus on July 6, 2011 at 10:57 AM

Sounds good to me.

Now, I’m off to the seement pond for a swim.

gh on July 6, 2011 at 11:00 AM

Chip on July 6, 2011 at 10:47 AM

Liberals never think that far ahead. See: 20th Century Communism.

They’re very much into immediate gratification.

darwin on July 6, 2011 at 10:50 AM

It’s kind of getting boring debating those people – all they can seem to manage is coming up with alternate words for the term Socialist and euphemisms for Spread the Wealth around.

For a group that is supposed to be the brain trust of the universe, they don’t seem that capable of coming up with any workable ideas.

Chip on July 6, 2011 at 11:01 AM

That’s right, I’m no toothless hillbilly!

forest on July 6, 2011 at 10:09 AM

Yep me too. I ain’t toothless, I still got me a couple of real good ones. Whar did the rest go? I dunno. Sledding accident, fistfight, motor sickle racing accident, soccer , water polo, judo, skiing accident. Prolly missin’ a couple.

Last one got knocked out when I told Lamarr Gene Ledbetter over to the pool hall that his sister, well, anyway, old Lamarr he took offense and snuck one in on me afore I broke a house cue over his head.

Got me a manure spreader full o’book larnin’ too!

novaculus on July 6, 2011 at 11:05 AM

Show us where anybody of note has called tea partiers this.

Dave Rywall on July 6, 2011 at 10:15 AM

Just curious – please give examples of “anybody of note.”

Thanks Much

Archie Noble on July 6, 2011 at 11:11 AM

Machele and Sarah are NOT fighting each other! I like them both, why pick sides? The LSM wants a fight, don’t you get it? Sarah nor Michele wants a fight, just the LSM.

IowaWoman on July 6, 2011 at 11:12 AM

Doughboy on July 6, 2011 at 10:33 AM

Well…I will do that “likewise with every other GOP candidate”. Sarah had our back….MB and the rest didn’t

tencole on July 6, 2011 at 11:14 AM

Dave Rywall on July 6, 2011 at 10:15 AM

Well, he may be “of note” only in his own mind, but…

DrMagnolias on July 6, 2011 at 11:16 AM

Just curious – please give examples of “anybody of note.”

Thanks Much

Archie Noble on July 6, 2011 at 11:11 AM

That’s just his “out,” along with citing the specific term “toothless hillbillies.”

Basically, anyone “of note” is anyone Drywall takes seriously. I’ll leave it up to you to imagine who that might be. Bear in mind, whoever you cite must absolutely have used the exact words “toothless hillbillies,” or Drywall will jump up and down yelling “Liar, Liar, pants on fire!!”

The essence of all his responses can be summarized by pretty much anything you heard on the playground when you were in first grade.

CurtZHP on July 6, 2011 at 11:22 AM

faraway on July 6, 2011 at 10:16 AM

ernesto on July 6, 2011 at 10:18 AM

You mean like last time, right Ernesto?

Those New Yorkers don’t look like they are yawning.

What a classy bunch you New Yorkers are.

portlandon on July 6, 2011 at 11:41 AM

Video Narrator: “..this is the first time some of them have paid attention to politics..”

Sweet Old Lady with Bachmann badge on: “..in the past all we did was just voted..but the way our country is going, we gotta get involved..”

D.C. Politicians and The Golden Pantload: “..Ruh-roh..”

*cue Jaws soundtrack*

The War Planner on July 6, 2011 at 11:47 AM

ernesto on July 6, 2011 at 10:18 AM

..ernesto, you’re probably quaking in your cellar, you putrid leftist tool!

The War Planner on July 6, 2011 at 11:53 AM

Remember the photos of the Mall in Washington, DC after the “Tea Party” left their meeting? CLEAN! What’s really funny are the photos of the Mall after the left had their party, garbage covering the Mall. Kinda says it all doesn’t it?

mixplix on July 6, 2011 at 11:57 AM

ernesto on July 6, 2011 at 10:18 AM

Ah, Twitterboy at the White House, checking in, I see, putting that almost Poli Sci degree to work!

MNHawk on July 6, 2011 at 11:58 AM

The people at Bachmann’s meeting say more about the Tea Party than Bachmann herself–they look and sound more like level-headed ordinary Americans than wild-eyed radicals. Now let’s see if they can convince their wishy-washy friends to join them to say Nobama!

Steve Z on July 6, 2011 at 12:01 PM

What a ludicrous strawman.

Show us where anybody of note has called tea partiers this.

Dave Rywall on July 6, 2011 at 10:15 AM

Leftists really aren’t a smart species, are they?

Maybe, child, you should stick to poo pooing the fact that teapartiers are called “gay” when your typical piece of leftist trash really wants to insult.

MNHawk on July 6, 2011 at 12:03 PM

Bachmann dispels popular image of Tea Partiers as “toothless hillbillies”
——-
What a ludicrous strawman.
Show us where anybody of note has called tea partiers this.
Dave Rywall on July 6, 2011 at 10:15 AM

Blah, blah, blah. She never said anyone called Tea Partiers “toothless hillbillies.”

Watch the video and you’ll hear what she actually said: “They want you to believe…” Pretty sure there’s been plenty of “toothless hillbilly” imagery going around the past few years.

Nice try strawman.

Mr_Magoo on July 6, 2011 at 12:04 PM

MNHawk on July 6, 2011 at 12:03 PM

LOL!

But is there anybody “of note”?

Cause Rywall’s all about the truth ya’ now!

Mr_Magoo on July 6, 2011 at 12:14 PM

Nice try strawman.

Mr_Magoo on July 6, 2011 at 12:04 PM

It’s interesting he had nothing else in his bag of lame a$$ tricks.
Nicely done Mr Magoo.

Badger40 on July 6, 2011 at 12:17 PM

portlandon on July 6, 2011 at 11:41 AM

That’s gonna leave a mark..

novaculus on July 6, 2011 at 12:24 PM

So I guess Mr. Brietbart’s $100K reward for proof of Tea Party folks spitting on a member of Congress was just a joke? Shoot, even Dr. Krauthammer was upset when the Tea Party came on the scene. All that loud talk was unseemly.

Cindy Munford on July 6, 2011 at 12:26 PM

revenue enhancements ernesto on July 6, 2011 at 10:37 AM

Over the past few years, the rich have not paid any less than the years before that, as far as their personal income taxes.

The greatest revenue enhancer is employment. The high number of unemployed has resulted in the lost revenue of recent years, not the lower tax rates on everyone who actually pays taxes.

When one is employed, the employer pays 6% of their social security and medicare withholding. So, when one is unemployed, the government loses all of that employee’s contribution.

Also, payroll taxes are not paid and unemployment insurance is not paid. The unemployed has less disposable income to spend on taxable goods, so sales taxes are lost. The unemployed are losing their homes, so property taxes are lost.

It all comes down to employment.

Jvette on July 6, 2011 at 12:32 PM

ernesto on July 6, 2011 at 10:37 AM

We do not want to be a “welfare state”, you are correct about that.

GaltBlvnAtty on July 6, 2011 at 12:40 PM

Show us where anybody of note has called tea partiers this.
Dave Rywall on July 6, 2011 at 10:15 AM

How about Barack Obama. Is he sufficiently of note?

“You go into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing’s replaced them, and they fell through the Clinton Administration, and the Bush Administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not. And it’s not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.”

John Deaux on July 6, 2011 at 12:45 PM

If you’re not gay, an angry woman, a black man with an afro or Mexican here illegally, the left could care less about you.

I stand by what I’ve said.

madmonkphotog on July 6, 2011 at 12:53 PM

“The poor and elderly will not be left out to dry by radical conservatives seeking to dismantle the entire welfare state (aka the Tea Party).

ernesto on July 6, 2011 at 10:37 AM

We do not want to be a “welfare state”, you are correct about that.

GaltBlvnAtty on July 6, 2011 at 12:40 PM”

That’s the scary part. He believes we are supposed to be a welfare state.
I don’t see where the founding fathers had that in mind.

Rufuss_Va on July 6, 2011 at 1:04 PM

Ah, Ernesto and Drywall…comic relief. Okay, they’re not all that funny, true, but it does make me laugh that they think, even for a minute, that their comments are somehow even remotely convincing. Or even true. Add them to the amazing law student’s comment about BO yesterday and why he’s her candidate, well, you’ve got to laugh.

Bob's Kid on July 6, 2011 at 1:10 PM

My mom and dad were both hillbillies… and I resent the racist/city dweller mentality that thinks that hillbillies are not hard working, decent, and intelligent people.
As for me… I’m a Piney at heart… Drop me in the pines at midnight and then send in the city flash mob punks… We’ll see who’s stuupid.
Not only that… I was raised in a ghetto slum until I was 14 so I know the basic rules of the games they play… Watch you back and beware the gang/mob/group/sucker punch… Bunch of chicken sh*ts.
Now this is just the warmup to voter intimidation…

Perry needed three stitches to close a cut above her eye. She said she saw a friend getting kicked and when she walked up to ask what was happening, a man punched her in the face.

“I heard laughing as they were beating everybody up. They were eating chips like it was a picnic,” said Perry, a restaurant cashier. “All I remember is seeing bright lights (after the punch), then my backpack was gone and blood was spurting out of my head.”

A police spokeswoman on Monday said police received no reports of mobs of people committing crimes in the Riverwest area, only the reports of two armed robberies.

At the Tuesday news conference, Flynn attempted to defuse reports that mobs of youth were running through the Riverwest neighborhood attacking citizens. However, he acknowledged that those responsible for the BP store looting and attacks at Kilbourn Reservoir Park had mob-like characteristics.

“Clearly we had mob-like behavior in the incidents involving the robberies at Reservoir Park as well as the ransacking of the BP station. . . . Certainly we had elements of mob-like behavior that challenged us on July 3,” Flynn said.

Of course no one is making the connection yet… Not even the mobs… But when the 2012 generals come round… go ahead and try to vote for Bachmann or who ever the ‘anybody but Obama’ candidate is… in certain neighborhoods…
And they will never call it what it is.

RalphyBoy on July 6, 2011 at 1:13 PM

Krauthammer has been very negative of the Tea Party at times. He was a speech writer for Mondale, what else would you expect? The saddest part is the establishment GOP are the third party and don’t have a clue that they are.

volsense on July 6, 2011 at 1:17 PM

and that revenue enhancements play a role.

ernesto on July 6, 2011 at 10:37 AM

Tell me, child. Does it suck as much as I think it would, to have an entire life’s philosophy that you’re ashamed of expressing? Do you really think you’re fooling anyone here, with gobblygook phrases like “revenue enhancements?” Gobblydook phrases you use, because you’re too much of a coward just to say tax increases?

To me, that would suck, just not being proud of what I stand for.

MNHawk on July 6, 2011 at 1:24 PM

Bachmann dispels popular image of Tea Partiers as “toothless hillbillies”
——-
What a ludicrous strawman.

Show us where anybody of note has called tea partiers this.

Dave Rywall on July 6, 2011 at 10:15 AM

Are you setting up a strawman or fields of straws?

Bill Maher: These dumb dog-like hillbilly voters certainly are stupid

Ok, so he didn’t use “toothless”.

Megan Fox: If only we didn’t have these white-trash Bible-beating hillbillies in middle America

Ooohhh… “Bible-beating”, sounds worse than “toothless. Speaking of toothless, Megan, whither Transformer 3?

Speaking of irony, nice rage on “morality”:

Both candidates are nitpicking over every single word the other says. Get over yourselves.

4 more months of this idiocy. Can’t wait.

Dave Rywall on July 31, 2008 at 10:44 PM

AH_C on July 6, 2011 at 1:29 PM

Exit question for the Poli Sci crowd.

Would a Michele Bachmann voter be dumb enough to let the phrase “revenue enhancement” or better yet “reduction in spending in the tax code” pass them by, the way an Obama or Dayton voter would?

Sorry everyone, humor me. Just a pet peeve, and frankly, something I just don’t get. I mean, I’m FOR tax reductions. I’m proud to say I’m FOR tax reductions. I don’t get how anyone can be FOR tax increases, knowing what we know about economic.

And I sure as hell don’t get how someone can be FOR tax increases, but too chickens**t to come out and say they’re FOR tax increases. To me, if I’m ashamed of my position on something, that might be a clue to change my position to something I’m not ashamed of expressing.

Enlighten me, ernesto.

MNHawk on July 6, 2011 at 1:30 PM

/Dave Rywall mode on

Sure AH_C way to get on the strawman express. They didn’t say toothless hillbilly, they said teabagging hillbilly. Sheeshh.

/Dave Rywall mode off

As I was saying, if you’re ashamed of your own beliefs, it might be time to change those beliefs. Hillbilly has been used to describ tea party types. Own it you little b**ch!

MNHawk on July 6, 2011 at 1:33 PM

MNHawk on July 6, 2011 at 1:33 PM

LOL. I was going to google “toothless”, but I figured if I already pinned his bf as saying “hillbilly”, my work was done, his protestations notwithstanding.

As you noted earlier, Google is not a libtard’s friend, yet they can’t help but sprout canards, strawmen and outright lies. Ironic that the brains behind these web applications are such leftists.

AH_C on July 6, 2011 at 1:47 PM

This was a stupid statement by Bachmann.

unseen on July 6, 2011 at 1:47 PM

unseen on July 6, 2011 at 1:47 PM

Heh. I saw what you did.

AH_C on July 6, 2011 at 1:55 PM

Bachmann dispels popular image of Tea Partiers as “toothless hillbillies”

Not really she just cemented it. And Michele what if it is made of toothless hillbilies would you think that is a bad thing? Do you think the message of the TEA party would carry less weight if toothless hillbilies were saying it? and if so why? Are you telling all the tea partiers that you have bought into all the media sterotypes of “hillbillies” Do you think hillbillies also have “sloping foreheads” like the NYT?

What if some of the TEA party are toothless hillbillies dressed in Red white and blue Michele? Is that bad? don’t you want to be seen with “THOSE PEOPLE” are you too good to be around THOSE TYPE of PEOPLE”? you know the people that make up a good section of the mid-atlantic states mountian regions. This comment is shades of the Murtha statement….

This whole area, years ago, was really redneck,” Murtha told Channel 4 Action News

Read more: http://www.wtae.com/politics/17764334/detail.html#ixzz1RLhDgWrq

this was a stupid statement by Bachmann. She isn’t ready for primetime.

unseen on July 6, 2011 at 1:58 PM

Heh. I saw what you did.

AH_C on July 6, 2011 at 1:55 PM

i just hate it when our people give the sterotypes of our opponets credit. this is like Kerry saying that you need to go to college or you would be stuck in Iraq. Once you think a large portion of our population is less than you then you start to think it is ok to tell those people how to live.

unseen on July 6, 2011 at 2:05 PM

John Deaux on July 6, 2011 at 12:45 PM
AH_C on July 6, 2011 at 1:29 PM

Nicely done, cher. One Canadienne filet ready for the frying pan. Extra blackened, please!

As Elaine said to the Soup Nazi: “NEXT!”

Mr_Magoo on July 6, 2011 at 2:48 PM

dominigan on July 6, 2011 at 2:48 PM

That’s a keeper.

Mr_Magoo on July 6, 2011 at 3:08 PM

This was a stupid statement by Bachmann.

unseen on July 6, 2011 at 1:47 PM

If MB would say that the left believe the tea party folks to be “nazzis”, unseen would call MB a nazzi.
———–

This whining weasel needs to be mocked. He is a tiny eunuch.

Schadenfreude on July 6, 2011 at 3:09 PM

Show us where anybody of note has called tea partiers this.

Dave Rywall on July 6, 2011 at 10:15 AM

Bachmann dispels popular image of Tea Partiers as “toothless hillbillies”

No, not really.

ernesto on July 6, 2011 at 10:18 AM

While I tend to agree that ernesto is no one of note, the timing of these comments is impeccable.

lorien1973 on July 6, 2011 at 3:11 PM

It started here, in the bossom of billionaires, Obama

But the truth is, is that, our challenge is to get people persuaded that we can make progress when there’s not evidence of that in their daily lives. You go into some of these small towns in Pennsylvania, and like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing’s replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton administration, and the Bush administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not. And it’s not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.

Schadenfreude on July 6, 2011 at 3:15 PM

unseen on July 6, 2011 at 1:58 PM

“unseen Defends Toothless Hillbillies”
Looks like unseen has completely bought into the caricature rather than MB.

Mr_Magoo on July 6, 2011 at 3:26 PM

darwin on July 6, 2011 at 10:41 AM

They are all low class or no class at all.

Sporty1946 on July 6, 2011 at 4:05 PM

Doughboy on July 6, 2011 at 10:33 AM

Not really. Bachmann was the one most, shall we say, eager to take on the mantle of the Tea Party. Then when they and Sarah Palin were pretty much accused of inciting mass murder, Queen Michele of the Tea Party was awfully quiet. Yeah, that and a few other things knocked Bachmann down my list to about 4th or 5th at best.

ddrintn on July 6, 2011 at 5:33 PM

Which is to say she’s drawing bigger crowds than Pawlenty and Cain, I guess.

ddrintn on July 6, 2011 at 5:41 PM