Poll: Majority of Jewish Americans still solidly support President Obama

posted at 10:35 am on July 5, 2011 by Tina Korbe

After President Barack Obama revealed the suspect status of his support for Israel — and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu wowed crowds with a sternly-worded address to a special joint session of Congress — some speculated Jewish American support for Obama would wane. But a new Gallup poll out yesterday shows a large majority still approve of the president.

Jewish Americans gave President Barack Obama a 60% job approval rating in June, down from 68% in May, but statistically unchanged from 64% in April. Thirty-two percent of U.S. Jews now disapprove of the job Obama is doing, similar to their 30% average thus far in 2011. …

President Obama delivered a major speech at the State Department on May 19 in which he articulated his support for a settlement to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict based on a return to Israel’s 1967 borders. His remarks provoked a highly negative reaction from Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, as well as from many high profile supporters of Israel in government, politics, and media.

Gallup cannot say whether the speech had an immediate impact on the views of Jewish Americans toward the president nationally, as sample sizes for this group in Gallup Daily tracking are too small to isolate short time periods.

However, aggregated Gallup Daily tracking interviews for the month and half periods prior to and following the speech show no significant nor sustained shift in Jewish Americans’ views toward Obama. Sixty-five percent approved of him for the April 1-May 18 time period, and 62% approved from May 19-June 30. Across the two time periods, approval was also essentially flat among all U.S. adults.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, Jews who attend synagogue weekly — who tend to be more conservative, in general — are less supportive of Obama than those who don’t.

In general, the poll confirms what Ed said earlier:

The Jewish vote won’t suddenly swing to the GOP, for reasons that have nothing to do with Obama.  Jewish voters tend to be more progressive; the Democratic Party is a more natural home for them.  While there may be some truth in the notion that African-Americans are naturally more conservative and could be won over with a more concerted effort by Republicans to address their issues through debate (as Jack Kemp tried), that’s almost certainly not true of Jewish voters as a bloc.  The GOP position on Israel might be a better fit, but on domestic politics, they’ll keep voting Democratic.

But the official affirmation of Jewish support the poll provides is still good news for Obama, who needs every bit of approval he can muster heading into a difficult reelection. Of course, he especially needs any approval that will translate to campaign cash — and whether this poll actually contradicts what some have said, that the crucial category of politically active Jews are less enthused about Obama than ever before, remains to be seen. After all, the poll didn’t specifically seek out Jewish Americans noted for political involvement. It could be the (randomized) sample that so strongly supports Obama just happens to barely vote, let alone donate.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Moderator?

MogenDavid on July 5, 2011 at 1:23 PM

Odie especially needs to be called out.
Btw: I don’t ‘witness’ to Jews because my mother would kill me LoL and because my attitude is that you don’t knock the home team. I was born Jewish sooo… I also don’t believe that Jews go to Hell.
If that makes me a bad Catholic-so be it.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 5, 2011 at 1:30 PM

So-

The year is 2016 and the United States has just elected the first woman as well as the first Jewish president, Susan Goldfarb. She calls up her mother a few weeks after election day and says, ‘So, Mom, I assume you will be coming to my inauguration?’

‘I don’t think so. It’s a ten hour drive, your father isn’t as young as he used to be, and my arthritis is acting up again.’

‘Don’t worry about it Mom, I’ll send Air Force One to pick you up and take you home. And a limousine will pick you up at your door.’

‘I don’t know. Everybody will be so fancy-schmantzy, what on earth would I wear?’

Oh Mom, replies Susan, ‘I’ll make sure you have a wonderful gown custom-made by the best designer in New York .’

‘Honey,’ Mom complains, ‘you know I can’t eat those rich foods you and your friends like to eat.’

The President-to-be responds, ‘Don’t worry Mom. The entire affair is going to be handled by the best caterer in New York , kosher all the way. Mom, I really want you to come.’

So Mom reluctantly agrees and on January 20, 2017, Susan Goldfarb is being sworn in as President of the United States. In the front row sits the new president’s mother, who leans over to a senator sitting next to her.

‘You see that woman over there with her hand on the Torah, becoming President of the United States

The Senator whispers back, ‘Yes I do.’

Mom says proudly, ‘Her brother is a doctor.’

justltl on July 5, 2011 at 1:31 PM

BREAKING NEWS:Obama proclaims himself the Messiah in Jerusalem.

Latest CNN/AP polls indicate Jews in the U.S. solidly support the newly proclaimed Messiah.

Polls show 77% approval of Obama’s declaration in Israel last week. Polling also indicate a solid 90% support his Re-election.

PappyD61 on July 5, 2011 at 1:33 PM

Believe me, I understand the frustration – but not the broadly-brushed contempt.

MogenDavid on July 5, 2011 at 1:08 PM
I was raised Jewish but I attend church now. From time to time I hear an inaccurate portrayal of Judaism there, presumably because a lot of Christians get very limited exposure actual Judaism. I’ve usually been satisfied that people’s opinions can be quickly and easily corrected when I talk to them. Forums such as this seem to be a good way to help that process. Nevertheless there are sometimes going to be a few cranks that refuse to change their opinions.

pedestrian on July 5, 2011 at 1:19 PM

BS. “Christians” have an awful lot of experience with Jewish people, to think we are some knuckle dragging cuds who dont “get it” – please save that for one of your so-called enlightened groups of people you “debate and set them straight with”

More importantly – if you think your “experience” from afar trumps my actual life experience – you are violating the so-called premise of your comments.

What is clear – and again – making my point all along – is the moment a non Jew comments on a Jew – it is characterized as “hateful, excrement, anti-Semetic” – which is the tired knee jerk reaction that has existed for a few thousand years

You either “agree” with a Jew or by default you “hate” a Jew, hence their historical dilemma. And forced exclusion.

Odie1941 on July 5, 2011 at 1:35 PM

while not posturing for political or financial gain.

Odie1941 on July 5, 2011 at 1:27 PM

Your comment right there brings to mind the old stereotypes of the greedy Jew…the Fagins and the Shylocks.
My late parents raised me not to look for Jew-hatred under every rock or around every bush.
That doesn’t mean that I can”t identify a Jew-hater when I see one….like you for instance.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 5, 2011 at 1:36 PM

Moderator?

MogenDavid on July 5, 2011 at 1:23 PM

Odie especially needs to be called out.
If that makes me a bad Catholic-so be it.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 5, 2011 at 1:30 PM

Considering you violated the TOS – twice now, you may want to pull back on the “moderator” quest.

Do you have the admin email or shall I send it to you?

Just because you are an idiot trying to deflect any criticism of your religion, does not make my comments a violation of HA, though clearly it violates your 78 IQ.

Sucks to be you.

Odie1941 on July 5, 2011 at 1:38 PM

Odie1941 on July 5, 2011 at 1:35 PM

Nice Try Herr Gerbils.
My mother and my husband(a Calvinist) have gotten into some heated theological discussions-and yet she STILL doesn’t consider my husband to be a Jew-hater.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 5, 2011 at 1:41 PM

Odie1941 on July 5, 2011 at 1:38 PM

How did I violate the TOS?

annoyinglittletwerp on July 5, 2011 at 1:42 PM

Today’s American Jews remind me so much of the Hebrews who reveled in their fortune while Moses was up on the mountain securing the commandments.

Today’s golden calves are liberal ideologies that they celebrate and worship.

We need a new Moses to come down off the mountain….soon.

DLEW on July 5, 2011 at 1:43 PM

while not posturing for political or financial gain.

Odie1941 on July 5, 2011 at 1:27 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on July 5, 2011 at 1:36 PM

Have you noticed every absolute you pose, you immediately trump it with a “but”?

I dont give a flying f what your parents told you to look for, because clearly they taught you “Jew first, everything else later” – whcih is the point of everything I said – and you continue to validate.

And just because your enlightened parents taught you its not all about shylocks – if you think that effects the truth of lobbying dollars from powerful Jewish groups (as is the case with powerful non Jewish groups) – you once again, are crying for inclusion while demanding to be seen and treated “special”.

It works both ways.

Odie1941 on July 5, 2011 at 1:43 PM

Nice Try Herr Gerbils.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 5, 2011 at 1:41 PM

Wow – I am shocked at a self serving “story” you continue to bring up as the tail wags the dog.

Did you ever think your mother doesnt think of your husband as a Jew hater because she thanks God something married her daughter???

Now compare that comment to calling me Gerbils…

Odie1941 on July 5, 2011 at 1:47 PM

Odie, you are contemptible. Nothing else to say to you.

MogenDavid on July 5, 2011 at 1:48 PM

MogenDavid on July 5, 2011 at 1:48 PM

Ed and Allah have been appraised of the situation.

And odie: I’ve been married twice-and my ex-husband and I are still good friends. He’s friends with my husband as well.
Thanks for playing though.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 5, 2011 at 1:52 PM

Now compare that comment to calling me Gerbils…

Odie1941 on July 5, 2011 at 1:47 PM

Your nom s/b Odious1941.

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2011 at 1:56 PM

Poll: Majority of Jewish Americans still solidly support President Obama

Fools

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2011 at 1:57 PM

Your nom s/b Odious1941.

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2011 at 1:56 PM

I just love a gentleman!
*blows friendly kiss*

annoyinglittletwerp on July 5, 2011 at 2:03 PM

justltl:

That’s not so funny. When the late ADM Jeremy Boorda was promoted from Commander 6th Fleet and NATO South to Chief of Naval Operations his mother asked him if he got a pay increase (no); How about a big house (no, the CNO’s apartment at the Navy Yard was much smaller then the villa outside of Naples); how about more responsibility? (nope)…She then said what’s the big deal.

jerryofva on July 5, 2011 at 2:08 PM

Your nom s/b Odious1941.

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2011 at 1:56 PM

I just realized that odie referred to my husband -a former US Marine-as a ‘something’.
What a prick.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 5, 2011 at 2:08 PM

Odie1941 on July 5, 2011 at 1:43 PM

What it hilarious about that rant is that he is writing that to a person who just got done writing that she is now Catholic.

pedestrian on July 5, 2011 at 2:16 PM

You know it isn’t that people think the Jews went to their death willingly. I can’t imagine the horror that must have gone through a mother/fathers head when they realized what was going to happen to their childen. I can’t even think about it! I remember the newsreels of the camps when they were liberated. The soldiers who liberated those camps must still have nightmares about it. I couldn’t even see Schindler’s List because I couldn’t see the degredation of these human beings.

I guess what I am saying, is not about Israel, but why can’t the Jews see what is coming from these libs/progres/ communists? We all know that Obama sides with the muslims. What do the muslims want to do to the Jews? I think we all know! The muslims don’t give a tinkers darn if they are enlightened or dems or gay or whatever, they are Jewish and they must die. Even if I didn’t care about Israel (and I do care)and I was Jewish I would still want to support those who share my heritage.
Why don’t they understand that Christians believe that the Jews were/are the “chosen people” and so they will support them.
Please stop the name calling, because it does not advance the arguement.
I wish they would wake up before it is too late for them and for our country!

Bambi on July 5, 2011 at 2:27 PM

The same kind of non-thinking got millions of them killed in the last Holocaust. Some people are just too optimistic in the face of evil.

JeffB. on July 5, 2011 at 3:05 PM

pedestrian on July 5, 2011 at 2:16 PM

Heh. My dad used to go on and on about the leftist Jews ‘ghetto mentality’. He once called his leftist Jewish American Princess sister(she is one) a poster child for the Final Solution.
He was a Jew-but he was also a proud patriot who adored this great Nation. My mother feels the same way.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 5, 2011 at 3:06 PM

I married into that logic. It’s pathetic.
Always seeing the bright side, no matter how much sh!t rolls down hill to their feet. Never speak about the hypocrisies.
Savage said it best “any Jew that voted for BO, is the type of Jew that would stand around and wait to be turned into a lamp shade or bar of soap”.

nimrod on July 5, 2011 at 3:24 PM

Please stop the name calling, because it does not advance the arguement.
I wish they would wake up before it is too late for them and for our country!

Bambi on July 5, 2011 at 2:27 PM

Unfortunately, many Jews believe that (a)all real Christians believe all Jews are going to Hell, not that they are God’s chosen people; and (b) the modern Christian conservative movement supports Israel only because they believe the existence of a Jewish state is essential to the eventual Battle of Armageddon and the return of Jesus Christ.

If you think today’s Muslims haven’t gotten beyond the Crusades, talk to a Jew sometime. Most of them think the new Inquisition is just around the corner, and it is going to be led by a Republican President.

We can all thank Pat Roberston and Jerry Falwell for this. They scared three generations of Jews out of their wits, and out pof the Republican Party.

rockmom on July 5, 2011 at 3:26 PM

The roots of Obama’s capture by the corporate axis of influence inexorably trace back to his own personal Zelig, the former Clinton Treasury secretary and Harvard Corporation stalwart Robert Rubin. In The Audacity of Hope, published in late 2006, Obama called Rubin, then busily cheerleading the excessive risk at Citigroup, “one of the more thoughtful and unassuming people I know.” Two years later, when Citi cratered and threatened to take the economy with it, Rubin demonstrated his unassuming thoughtfulness by denying that he had anything to do with the toxic investments that cost taxpayers a $45 billion bailout and 52,000 Citi employees their jobs.

In his unseemly revolving-door career, Rubin not once but twice sped the Citi apocalypse—first in government, where he and his eventual successor as Treasury secretary, Larry Summers, championed the deregulatory policies that facilitated the consolidation of too-big-to-fail banks, and then in his $15 million-a-year role as Citi’s “guru,” where, by his own later account, he had no idea what was in the worthless paper the bank peddled to greedy dupes. You’d think Obama would have dumped him faster than he did the Reverend Wright, but that’s misreading him. Obama is preternaturally secure on thorny matters of race—as his magnificent speech on the subject made clear—and could distance himself from his preacher with no ambivalence. It’s “unassuming” braininess that’s his blind spot.

Great article, by unlikely source.

Schadenfreude on July 5, 2011 at 3:44 PM

It can only be attributed to some sort of inexplicable self hatred. Such good people, such weird psychology.

Mason on July 5, 2011 at 4:11 PM

Mason on July 5, 2011 at 4:11 PM
It’s been said that many Jews live like WASPS but vote like Puerto Ricans…or as my late father would have said: Manny liberal Jews embrace-rather than shun-the (Jewish) Ghetto mentality.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 5, 2011 at 4:23 PM

Reform and Conservative Jews are SCHMUCKS. Orthodox and “traditional” Jews (basically, like me; those who struggle with the degree to which Orthodox Judaism is necessary and/or should be updated a bit) are the real Jews (as opposed to those who are Jewish as kind of an artifact/hereditary thing. Because abortion and gay marriage and climate change are obviously more important than the Torah!!!

ParisParamus on July 5, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Jew here, converted from Liberalism in 2002, with the shift occurring in the weeks that followed 9/11 and after witnessing my party’s response to then president Bush. I have a lot of Jewish friends who are conservatives, unfortunately our relatives are thickheaded as all hell, and messianic to a fault.

SuperBunny on July 5, 2011 at 5:21 PM

@ParisParamus, meh, I’m a conservative, don’t consider myself not a “real” Jew. These breakdowns don’t even translate in Israel, so then who’s the real Jew? That’s a silly thing to bring into this IMO.

SuperBunny on July 5, 2011 at 5:22 PM

And these Jews will see “their” people wiped off the face of the earth.

mmcnamer1 on July 5, 2011 at 5:27 PM

Let’s analyze Odie’s comments for any signs of anti-Semitism.

Sorry, have plenty of Jewish friends and lived in largely Jewish areas all my life and I cannot help but escape this reality: There is a reason why Jews have been loathed, by all cultures, religions and races – throughout time. And it isnt because they are downtrodden.

Sign # 1: Some of my best friends are Jewish? Check.
Sign # 2: Blaming Jews for bringing the hatred on themselves? Check.

And while that piece last week about Jews being “god oriented and not state oreiented” gathered some steam – its a bogus premise and reality… for the majority of Jewish American led industries are heavily subsidized by fed/state/local gov entities

Sign #3: Jews hold lots of power throughout the nation? Check.

How are 62-65% of American Jews in support of Obama? That outpaces Dems and liberals. So again, why is that???? (heres a a hint – look at the stock market appreciation/banks earnings reports and media ad revenue) Ding ding ding – the recession has largely helped Jewish oriented businesses due to their exclusion of others.

Sign #4: Jews are only in it for the money? Check.

If you think an American Jew is interested in your culture, family and paycheck – I have a bridge to sell you. They dont care, nor are they inclusive concerning their religion, cultures, customs and industries.

Sign #5: Jews are not a part of the country in which they live, nor do they want to ever be a part? Check.

Yes, Odie, you are an anti-Semite. You’re not criticizing Jews for voting for Obama. You are using the time-worn arguments that I can find all over Stormfront, one of the major neo-Nazi online sites.

Seig heil much? Because yeah, you’re an anti-Semite. Let’s stop pretending you don’t hate Jews, because your words speak for you.

Meryl Yourish on July 5, 2011 at 5:28 PM

Meryl Yourish on July 5, 2011 at 5:28 PM

|Thank you, Ma’am!

annoyinglittletwerp on July 5, 2011 at 5:37 PM

I still don’t get it? Is it not obvious what Obama is up to? How deep does that knife in the back have to go?

RandyChandler on July 5, 2011 at 5:44 PM

Trying not to be thin-skinned, but people are making some pretty ugly comments here about Jews in general.

Wow.

MogenDavid on July 5, 2011 at 1:08 PM

Sorry. Please know that there are some Christians here that know Jews hold a very special place in God’s heart.

And if it’s any consolutation, that “broad-brushed contempt” gets painted on us Christians here every now and then too

iamsaved on July 5, 2011 at 11:41 AM

Ahd Kahn!

Jesus was nobody’s messiah

The disciples died for a lie

iamsaved

No. You’re a schmuck.

Regards from Jerusalem, the eternal capital city of the Jewish Nation. We’re back.

Shy Guy on July 5, 2011 at 11:47 AM

Rod on July 5, 2011 at 6:38 PM

This confirms my long held suspicion that the majority of American Jews are stupid, stupid, stupid.

Birdseye on July 5, 2011 at 6:49 PM

And to address the economic concerns of Jewish Americans, Obama has come up with a campaign slogan to solidify their support:”Work Makes You Free!”

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on July 5, 2011 at 7:03 PM

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on July 5, 2011 at 7:03 PM

I think he wants that slogan to apply to ALL of us.
*sigh*
*Yeah-I caught the reference.*

annoyinglittletwerp on July 5, 2011 at 7:05 PM

OK, I corrected the spelling and will post it again. Sorry about that!
You know it isn’t that people think the Jews went to their death willingly. I can’t imagine the horror that must have gone through a mother/fathers head when they realized what was going to happen to their children. I can’t even think about it! I remember the newsreels of the camps when they were liberated. The soldiers who liberated those camps must still have nightmares about it. I couldn’t even see Schindler’s List because I couldn’t see the degradation of these human beings.
I guess what I am saying, is not about Israel, but why can’t the Jews see what is coming from these libs/progres/communists? We all know that Obama sides with the muslims. What do the muslims want to do to the Jews? I think we all know! The muslims don’t give a tinkers darn if they are enlightened or dems or gay or whatever, they are Jewish and they must die. Even if I didn’t care about Israel (and I do care )and I was Jewish I would still want to support those who share my heritage.
My Church does not agree the Jews are going to hell.
Please stop the name calling, because it does not advance the argument.
I wish the Jews would wake up before it is too late for them and for our country!
Bambi on July 5, 2011 at 2:27 PM

Bambi on July 5, 2011 at 8:12 PM

I trad the poll again. I cannot believe we are falling for this crap. The whole conclusion was incorrect. The data was tortured to make it appears that Barry still have solid Jewish voter support.

In 2008, Barry got 78 or 83% of the Jewish votes, depending on who you read. The new Gallup data showed a 60% approval rate among Jewish voters. That would mean a loss of 18 or 23& of the Jewish votes. That is a significant erosion.

bayview on July 5, 2011 at 8:37 PM

A Jewish woman is at the beach watching her grandson play in the water

suddenly a large wave washes him away

the woman stricken begs” dear god give my grandson back, I’ve been a good Jew and observed the sabbath etc”

just as soon as she stops praying a large wave deposits her grandson back at the waters edge

she looks at him, then up to the sky and says,” he was weraing a hat”

Sonosam on July 5, 2011 at 8:49 PM

Sonosam on July 5, 2011 at 8:49 PM

LoL!

A Jew and the Scotsman went out to a diner for coffee to celebrate the end of WWII…and they’re still sitting there.
*I’m Scots and Jewish. Really.*

annoyinglittletwerp on July 5, 2011 at 9:13 PM

rockmom on July 5, 2011 at 3:26 PM

Why would they be scared out of their wits by Robertson and Falwell and not by Jesse Jackson or Louis Farrakhan or Jeremiah Wright?

Look, liberal Jews are like liberal anything: they’re liberals FIRST and everything else is secondary. Same with Christians, whatever. The political agenda always takes precedence.

The upshot is that in virtually every instance of a clash between Jewish law and contemporary liberalism, it is the liberal creed that prevails for most American Jews. Which is to say that for them, liberalism has become more than a political outlook. It has for all practical purposes superseded Judaism and become a religion in its own right. And to the dogmas and commandments of this religion they give the kind of steadfast devotion their forefathers gave to the religion of the Hebrew Bible. For many, moving to the right is invested with much the same horror their forefathers felt about conversion to Christianity.

Source.

ddrintn on July 5, 2011 at 9:15 PM

annoyinglittletwerp: You’re welcome. Now come back to the fold.

Meryl Yourish on July 5, 2011 at 10:07 PM

Shy Guy on July 5, 2011 at 11:47 AM

Rod on July 5, 2011 at 6:38 PM

Refer in context to what I was responding to. The contempt was for the individual I responded to and I responded to his claim. His claim “broad-stroked” every Jew for the last 2000 years.

It is a fact that Jewish and Christian theology are in complete contradiction. This is true about practically any 2 religions. Arguing the contradiction is not in itself contempt.

If you’ll go further up in my comments, you’ll see I previously responded to commenter “annoyinglittletwerp”, regarding her leaving Judaism, that I cannot say on this forum what I want to say, as this is not the right place for it.

Shy Guy on July 6, 2011 at 1:15 AM

Sonosam on July 5, 2011 at 8:49 PM

Square your eyes.

Shy Guy on July 6, 2011 at 1:17 AM

Sonosam on July 5, 2011 at 8:49 PM

Square your eyes.

Shy Guy on July 6, 2011 at 1:17 AM

GREAT!

Haha

Sonosam on July 6, 2011 at 2:07 AM

60% job approval is pretty bad. No one expects Obama to lose in a landslide. As long as he loses some Jewish money and supporters, its all good.

Speedwagon82 on July 6, 2011 at 2:14 AM

GREAT!

Haha

Sonosam on July 6, 2011 at 2:07 AM

In truth, there’s much there that is symptomatic of what’s wrong with American “Jewry”.

But this is my favorite.

Shy Guy on July 6, 2011 at 2:33 AM

I have nothing but contempt for anyone who approves of this clown, only a fool would vote for him again.

gdonovan on July 6, 2011 at 5:44 AM

The Jews who stayed here instead of going to Israel are already known to be against the concept of a Jewish state at this time. God is punishing them for something or other. And until they have atoned for that they have to avoid forming a state in Israel. When it is time God will do it for them.

Most Jews I know out here in California are anti-Zionist. All I can do is scratch my head and mourn for the softness of their thinking processes.

{+_+}

herself on July 6, 2011 at 6:31 AM

herself on July 6, 2011 at 6:31 AM

Either you’ve been reading Neturei Karta brochures or you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Same thing.

Shy Guy on July 6, 2011 at 6:59 AM

A Jew voting for Obama is like a chicken voting for Col. Sanders.

pdigaudio on July 6, 2011 at 8:52 AM

The Jewish vote won’t suddenly swing to the GOP, for reasons that have nothing to do with Obama. Jewish voters tend to be more progressive; the Democratic Party is a more natural home for them.

Ed

“For reasons that have nothing to do with Obama”? As if Obama isn’t more progressive and the Democrat.

Evidently, the majority of Jewish Americans don’t care to put themselves out on behalf of Israel. Face it. If Israel really mattered to the majority of Jewish Americans, they would no longer still solidly support President Obama.

That is not to say that Jewish Americans don’t care about Israel, btw. Obviously, some are absolutely devoted to Israel.

But if indeed “the majority of Jewish Americans” is a reliable statistic, deal with the implications. Sure, it’s beyond Obama. But look carefully, again, because Obama IS the Progressive POTUS clinging bitterly to Marxism, the celebrity cause of “the majority of Jewish Americans” — all of which still turns the screw of apologists since the Sovereign State of Israel exploits its own unique form of communist expansionism, aka Zionism. The dichotomy of hypocrisy means nothing so long as you stay in denial. Compound this state of denial with the competition between socialist factions — the battle for authoritarian supremacy, “there can only be one” in charge of the globe.

maverick muse on July 6, 2011 at 9:51 AM

MogenDavid on July 5, 2011 at 1:48 PM

Ed and Allah have been appraised of the situation.

Thanks for playing though.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 5, 2011 at 1:52 PM

How did that ban go? So you are on husband 2 or 3 now????

And the comment about “something” concerning your husband was to call out how pathetic and dumb you are, not your 3rd or 8th husbands “con cred” in the Marines.

Odie1941 on July 6, 2011 at 9:56 AM

pdigaudio on July 6, 2011 at 8:52 AM

Raum Emanuel.

Carl in Jerusalem used to post here about the divisive culture within Israel from the competing populations derived from the varying regions of the world.

There are all sorts of ideas competing for political dominance in Israel, just as there are here in America competing for political dominance. And there’s as much racism Jew against Jew in Israel as there is in any tribal culture, “civilized” or not.

When elitist world domination is the goal, the powerful are always willing to “sacrifice” the undesirable, even those of their own historical heritage, usually the first to go. Hitler eliminated 96 Reichstag members of the opposition parties, killing his own Germanic political competitors first before he mounted the NAZI genocide of other populations; Jews, Gypsies, Christians and homosexuals.

maverick muse on July 6, 2011 at 10:04 AM

God is punishing them for something or other.

Rather, their point is that there is no God. So, others “smart” enough to survive get off the superstitious religiosity schtick and jump on the Marxist bandwagon. It’s where it’s at for “smart” socialists who know which side of the bread to butter.

maverick muse on July 6, 2011 at 10:10 AM

Why bite the hand that slaps you?

Khun Joe on July 6, 2011 at 10:31 AM

Jewish people, in addition to being liberal, tend to fetishize things like the importance of going to college and Grad school.

The Democrats are clearly the party who place greater value on these things. Democrats think Obama is some con law genius just because he had a part time job there for a few years! They see people like Sarah Palin who seems to not care that her kids are not going to college and get scared. I know its not rational but thats how they think.

Speedwagon82 on July 6, 2011 at 11:35 AM