Marchers protest Georgia immigration law

posted at 7:30 pm on July 2, 2011 by Tina Korbe

This Independence Day weekend, a different kind of parade made its way through the streets of Atlanta. Thousands of marchers stormed the Georgia state capitol to protest a recently passed immigration law that, among other things, makes it a felony to use false information or documentation when applying for a job.

Thousands of marchers stormed the Georgia Capitol on Saturday to protest the state’s new immigration law, which they say creates an unwelcome environment for people of color and those in search of a better life.

Men, women and children of all ages converged on downtown Atlanta for the march and rally, cheering speakers while shading themselves with umbrellas and posters. Capitol police and organizers estimated the crowd at between 8,000 and 14,000. They filled the blocks around the Capitol, holding signs decrying House Bill 87 and reading “Immigration Reform Now!” …

Adelina Nicholls, executive director of the Georgia Latino Alliance for Human Rights, said the crowd was sending a message.

“They are ready to fight,” Nicholls said. “We need immigration reform, and no HB87 is going to stop us. We have earned the right to be here.”

Without doubt, the nation needs immigration reform — but Nicholls’ perspective comes across as incredibly short-sighted. She seems to imply all that’s required to “earn the right to be here” is … to be here. But part of what it means to live in the United States is to respect the rule of law.

Georgia’s new law doesn’t even really do anything new: It just reinforces the state’s ability to enforce federal law. And at the moment, the law does even less than that. A judge Monday blocked several of the law’s key provisions, including one to authorize police to check the immigration status of suspects without proper identification and another to penalize people who knowingly and willingly transport or harbor illegal immigrants while committing another crime.

Today’s march followed a different kind of demonstration yesterday. Opponents of the new Georgia law organized “a day without immigrants,” during which some businesses closed and some community members refused to work or shop to protest the law.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

And I love that you broke out the “racist” card.

Monkeytoe on July 3, 2011 at 7:06 PM

Well – you ARE a racist – and a very weak and non-believing Conservative.

First – the fact that most Latinos vote Democrat has nothing to do with their race. It has to do with the fact that Democrats have made outreach to those communities – while Republicans have not. I’m not the first to say this … J.C. Watts says this all the time. And when I say “outreach” – I’m not talking about weak pandering policies specifically aimed to appeal to their group identification. I’m talking about instructive teachings in Conservatism and how their liberty is IMPROVED by following such a course.

Second – they will not vote Liberal if they’re productive citizens and we “evangelize” the gospel of Conservatism. But the fact is – we are so afraid of these people that we refuse to reach out our hand and bring them on board our wagon – and then blame them for following the only people who are brave enough at the moment to enter their communities and talk to them – Democrats.

You’re a racist because you attribute political philosophy to race. We know plenty of Latinos who are Conservative – if we TRY – we can win the bulk of them.

You aren’t willing to even try – you just want to deport – even the productive ones.

Good Luck with that.

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 7:13 PM

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 7:04 PM

Monkeytoe on July 3, 2011 at 7:06 PM

Aren’t you two essentially saying the same thing?

darwin on July 3, 2011 at 7:10 PM

No. Honda is saying legalize everyone already here and then enforce the border.

We heard that in 1987. we know it will never happen.

I’m saying enforce the border and laws against hiring illegals for about 5 years, then address teh legalization issue for those who remain, are well employed, have no criminal record, have never been on public assistance and can prove they have been here for a substantial amount of time.

2 very, very different positions.

Nobody truly believes that if we grant some kind of amnesty today, any kind of enforcement will follow. and in 10 years, instead of 20 million, there will be 50 million illegals.

Monkeytoe on July 3, 2011 at 7:15 PM

I guess my stating quite clearly that I don’t want to deport 20 million people …

Monkeytoe on July 3, 2011 at 7:12 PM

Then, by rightwingyahoo’s standards – you’re for amnesty.

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 7:16 PM

No. Honda is saying legalize everyone already here and then enforce the border.

Monkeytoe on July 3, 2011 at 7:15 PM

False – I’ve said repeatedly that we don’t talk about any immigration solution until we seal the border.

I can’t make up my mind whether you’re an idiot or a pathological liar.

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 7:17 PM

Tina, Tina, Tina…

Without doubt, the nation needs immigration reform law ENFORCEMENT

If by “reform” you mean some form of accomodation, forgiveness, pathway to citizenship, blah, blah … you are so wrong. If our laws are only enforced, this is what happens:

Watch and listen to an illegal alien deciding to go home because he can’t get a job or a drivers license because of laws being enforced.

If you think REWARDING illegal aliens with their ill-gotten goods (residency) will cure illegal immigration, why not try the same “strategery” with your neighborhood jewel theives??

THIS is what Americans want.

fred5678 on July 3, 2011 at 7:17 PM

Honda,

You are so dishonest it is truly sad.

1 – the history of latino immigrants is that they vote democrat.

2- the history of amnesty is that it doesn’t win republicans votes.

So I am not saying we can’t win the votes ever, I am saying its already been proven that giving an amnesty will not win us votes.

3 – I love the racist card. You are truly a giant among intellects. Way to go.

4- straw man again. I never said deport everyone. You have an outrageous inability to argue honestly. Which, I guess, is why your arguments are so pathetically weak.

Doesn’t it bother you to be this dishonest? to argue with nothing but strawmen? to ignore every other argument I’ve made?

idiot.

Monkeytoe on July 3, 2011 at 7:18 PM

fred5678 on July 3, 2011 at 7:17 PM

Good Luck getting California – and many other states – to enforce residency requirements for Driver’s Licenses. And as long as there ONE STATE out there not doing it – there will be an incentive for illegals to come across.

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 7:20 PM

I can’t make up my mind whether you’re an idiot or a pathological liar.

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 7:17 PM

No, you have made it quite clear that you want legalization now. And some enforcement with it.

Maybe we do agree more than it seems. Would you be willing to wait 5 years while we enforced the border before dealing with legalization?

Also, while some hard-core cases talk about deporting everyone, you know perfectly well that most people just want to enforce the border, enforce employment laws, and wait some time to let some illegals self-deport and tehn deal with legalization.

so you continue to argue with strawmen.

If I’m a pathological liar, what does that make you? You have misrepresented my position repeatedly.

Same thing for idiocy.

Monkeytoe on July 3, 2011 at 7:23 PM

idiot.

Monkeytoe on July 3, 2011 at 7:18 PM

LOL – you’re the strawman – saying I’m for amnesty when I’m not. I do favor a path to citizenship for productive individuals only AFTER the borders are secured (not a second before then). You’ve LIED about my position on that. It’s ironic and hypocritical that you lecture me on “dishonesty”.

To be honest – I don’t think you have a coherent position on immigration Flunkytoe … because on the one hand you say you don’t favor a path to citizenship and then on the other you say you don’t want to deport 20 million. Well, how many are you willing to deport then? And – how exactly would you go about doing it?

You even said yourself “why not mostly ignore” the ones who are here already until the borders are secured. Well, once that’s done – what’s your plan Mr. Rocket Scientist?

You gonna deport them all?

You gonna make some citizens?

No … I think your position is … HOPE they will all self deport or die before you find them all. LOL – that’s not a solution – well, it might be in some strange alternate universe called “hope and change” but not in this one.

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 7:26 PM

Honda,

I will admit to being quick on the jerk trigger on this thread. That is b/c I am pretty sick of fellow conservatives going quick to teh “racist” card, as well as claiming that there is no other option than immediate legalization.

Perhaps I was too quick with you. but I do note that you devolved to teh racist card pretty quickly.

We are perhaps a little closer in view on this than it seemed. but, there is still a fairly large gap, between legalizing now and waiting a significant lenght of time for enforcement to take effect.

Again, that does not require deporting everyone. But it also does not requiring legalizing everyone tomorrow.

Monkeytoe on July 3, 2011 at 7:27 PM

Monkeytoe on July 3, 2011 at 7:23 PM

POST THE QUOTE THEN!

I challenge you to back that up!

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 7:27 PM

Seal Borders.

Enforce Laws.

Then we’ll talk abour dealing with the 20[?] million illegal aliens who have already violated our national sovereignty and scoffed at our laws.

profitsbeard on July 3, 2011 at 7:28 PM

Monkeytoe on July 3, 2011 at 7:23 PM

Be a man and show me where I said this – even once! Be a man and post that quote or apologize.

But of course – you aren’t a man – and you’ll do neither.

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 7:29 PM

profitsbeard on July 3, 2011 at 7:28 PM

Sounds like Sarah Palin’s position to me – and it’s mine as well.

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 7:30 PM

Oh.

I posted my semi-apology too soon.

You are still arguing strawmen. Honda, you are just too dishonest to deal with.

You think I hope they die? I guess you learned a lot from Chuck Schumer on how to argue. throw out race card – check! throw out tghat I want to kill them – check.

good for you. Quite an intellect.

You are dishonest and delusional and quite stupid. enjoy that trifecta asshole. I have better things to do than have a discussion with a leftist three year old.

good luck getting anyone to pass an amnesty any time soon. Is not going to happen. Most americans who have beyond a 3rd grade education realize that would be incredibly dumb. So, there’s that for you.

What a complete buffoon.

Monkeytoe on July 3, 2011 at 7:30 PM

Honda

If you don’t hold the position I ascribe to you, why does my position of waiting 5 years for enforcement to take effect bother you so?

You are an indiot, dishonest, and much less than a man. You are a boy-child throwing words liek “racist” around like your hero Charlie Rangle. I suppose any time I disagree with you about anything I’m a racist.

YOu are so incredibly dishonest it is truly shocking.

Be a man!! You going to challenge me to a fight sissy boy? You gonna threaten to beat me up tough guy?

Monkeytoe on July 3, 2011 at 7:33 PM

To make it perfectly clear for those with teh reading comprehension of honda, my position is:

1) enforce the border in a serious way;

2) Enforce employment laws as to hiring illegals in a serious way;

3) do 1 and 2 for about 5 years and show results

4) and then, and only then, deal with legalization issues for those who:

a) have been here for a significant period of time;

b) have no criminal record;

c) have good employment

d) have no record of using public assistance for any lenght of time.

That is hardly rocket science or unreasonable.

Monkeytoe on July 3, 2011 at 7:36 PM

Honda

YOu are so incredibly dishonest it is truly shocking.

Monkeytoe on July 3, 2011 at 7:33 PM

This is the most childish post I’ve seen from you? What have I ever posted that would give you the indication I wanted to do physical harm to you?

You are just a hyperventilating idiot.

As far as waiting 5 years to enforce immigration laws – I’m not bothered by it – but a bit confused, since I thought, by your statements that you were an “enforce the law” kind of guy. How does ignoring the law for five years equate to enforcing it? Seriously.

I mean – maybe you just need to articulate your “plan” in one post … which you haven’t done yet – and your position seems to fluid to pin down.

So what is your position? Once we’ve sealed the borders – what would you do with the 20 million that are already here?

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 7:40 PM

That is hardly rocket science or unreasonable.

Monkeytoe on July 3, 2011 at 7:36 PM

Good post – that’s basically what I’ve been saying all along.

So why have you been hyperventialating over me?

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 7:42 PM

Here are the latest stats on E-Verify – pretty impressive. Out of 1000 cases, only 3 false illegal, which are readily corrected.

No one is complaining about the (terribly intrusive/sarc) I-9 form, so why complain about an automated, ENFORCED form of I-9??

And no need to think about the problem (consider amnesty, etc.) after the border is secured (because it never will be 100% secured), just use attrition by enforcement, the most popular and effective method.

If we don’t REWARD illegal aliens with jobs, benefits, residency, in-state tuition, etc, ad nauseum, they have no reason to either stay, or come here in the first place.

fred5678 on July 3, 2011 at 7:44 PM

4) and then, and only then, deal with legalization issues for those who:

a) have been here for a significant period of time;

b) have no criminal record;

c) have good employment

d) have no record of using public assistance for any lenght of time.

That is hardly rocket science or unreasonable.

Monkeytoe on July 3, 2011 at 7:36 PM

I politely beg to differ. ANY form of reward for illegal behavior will encourage MORE of the same — that’s simple human nature. Think of what this policy would say to those considering illegally crossing the border: “Come on over, the water’s fine!”

You simply cannot reward illegal behavior and think it will stop.

BTW – what are the odds of an illegal alien surviving by working here without: 1. stealing an ID (a felony), 2. making up a fake (as yet unissued) Soc. Sec. number ($250,000 fine) or 3. getting paid in cash (an IRS no-no). So where do you find these illegal aliens who are not criminals, even disregarding (which I don’t) their first act on our soil – breaking our immigration laws?

There is absolutely no need to offer any form of reward to illegal aliens – listen to them here going home by themselves.

fred5678 on July 3, 2011 at 7:55 PM

There is no enforcing the laws and “then deciding what to do with the ones who we will not enforce the law on”

Everyone in America must obey the laws. Every illegal must leave, and then get in the back of the line.

Anything short of that is amnesty, and that is obvious as it is the setting aside of current law.

I think Honda is functionally insane, and has the typical military/police attitude toward the law, which is, it’s for everyone but me and my buddies.

I think he is a disgrace to his oath to the constitution, and the USCMJ, and I think his military record should be expunged, and that he is a traitor to the constitution.

He advocates the same thing the left does: A subjective approach to the law.

Sealing the borders is fine, but it means NOTHING if you’re going to amnesty the current illegals.

And by what law do you deport some and not all? NONSENSE.

Honda is a disgrace to the US Constitution and a farcical excuse for a conservative.

I could go on and on re that horrible SHAMEFUL post.

And what is it with him and his TE Lawrence “we can win over the lawbreakers” with our wonderful conservatism” Nonsense?

1 its not legal
2 it has not factual historical basis
3 it legitimizes identity politics and group wide lawlessness.

What an insane lunatic.

Well, he responded, and you can all see than everything I posted about his Micheal Moore left wing immigration demagoguery is true after all.

The left could cut pro-amnesty commercials using his words.

We are sunk if Honda gets what he wants. SUNK.

The only thing he is “several steps ahead of me on” is turning TX and FL blue.

Lunatic. Plain and simple.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 7:58 PM

and then, and only then, deal with legalization issues for those who:

a) have been here for a significant period of time;

b) have no criminal record;

c) have good employment

d) have no record of using public assistance for any lenght of time.

That is hardly rocket science or unreasonable.

Monkeytoe on July 3, 2011 at 7:36 PM

Nope, you’re with Honda and the left.
They have all broken the law, committed document fraud, worked illegally, driven illegally, etc etc.

Start with a hundred thousand, then move on the the next 100k, keep on going and going, and going, and offer no legal status of any kind.

A small airport would be busier than a deportation hub flying them all back.

Just enforce the laws.

If you’re going to allow a certain number of millions to break the law and reward them with legal status or citizenship, then please, tell me what law I can break, and what my reward will be for breaking it.

Not to mention the political suicide mission that amnesty would be.

That’s a whole other half to the symphony of destruction.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 8:04 PM

The borders will be secured when we elect a President who isn’t afraid to close them…

That depends. I favor a HIGH STANDARD for remaining here. 1.) Speak English fluently 2.) Pay a fine, and a significant one, in order to have the right to stay here and compete for citizenship with people who came here the correct way. 3.) WORK and pay taxes. 4.) No welfare, no Social Security, and no Medicare until you have been a productive citizen long enough to earn a right to those things (even though I don’t agree with anyone getting those things).

Conservatism can be sold to immigrants because it is the CORRECT philosophy – and people gravitate to truth – especially productive people who have a stake in the Republic.

Well, Honda, you’re much more optimistic than I am. That’s for sure.
It all sounds good BUT:

Good luck holding on to the republic when the media flashes images, night and day, of thousands of troops on our southern border –as if we’re involved in a racist war with “immigrants” who just want a better life

Good luck holding on to the republic when imagery of racist America kicking poor “immigrants” off the dole is placed before the American public

Good luck with selling the correct philosophy of conservatism to millions of “immigrants” who are forced to meet the requirements you set forth.

How many will actually strive to meet these requirements? 20 million? Let’s say 10 million fulfill them? Then what do we do with the remaining 10 million? Move the goal posts once again. Or are you in favor of deporting all illegal aliens that just do want to get with the program?

Gang-of-One on July 3, 2011 at 8:08 PM

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 7:58 PM

And you’re a racist – your only reasoning behind not providing a path to citizenship for at least SOME of the illegals AFTER the borders have been sealed is because you say they’ll all vote Democratic. Which means – you don’t want your WHITE VOTE diluted by these impure people.

If they all voted Republican – would your position be different? That puts you in a pickle doesn’t it?

And you’re a sorry Conservative too – pinning your entire vote on ONE ISSUE and being so fascistically intolerant of any compromise on it. That’s your right of course – but it’s also my right to point and laugh at you!

Further evidence of your sorry Conservative core beliefs – is you do not believe we can convert these people into Conservatism. Conservatism is the only TRUE philosophy that takes into account human nature and provides liberty to all people.

And you don’t think you can sell that to productive immigrants?

You’re a sad man. :(

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 8:10 PM

Gang-of-One on July 3, 2011 at 8:08 PM

See – that was the problem with 1987. Once you’ve sealed the borders – then you provide the path to citizenship. And once that’s done – you can DEPORT the ones who refuse to follow the law at that point – we will have done our due diligence to the matter – and at that point you can make the buses and planes run.

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 8:12 PM

Depressing.

blatantblue on July 3, 2011 at 8:12 PM

The standard for immigrants remaining here is LEGALITY.

IF you are LEGAL, you stay, if you are ILLEGAL, you go.

If the Latinos want to make the case why they should not have to obey the same laws everyone else does, they are welcome to try.

Anyone who is afraid to stand up for this standard, is a coward, a morally degenerate RINO, and oh by the way, helping the left obtain an Electoral College LOCK on the government in DC.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Which means – you don’t want your WHITE VOTE diluted by these impure people.

You miserable, yellow liar, if we amnestied 20 million Germans, or Danes, or Swedes, we’d be in even worse shape.

God D*** you for playing the race card, you yellow coward.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 8:15 PM

And you don’t think you can sell that to productive immigrants?

You’re a sad man. :(

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 8:10 PM

We will convert, or attempt to convert the ones who are here LEGALLY.

LEGALLY.

To the ones who are here ILLEGALLY, we say: Obey the laws, and then join our American family and not until then.

You are a yellow, low down, lying, race card playing sob and an easy mark for the left.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 8:17 PM

I want everyone here to see Honda making the left’s argument for them, on immigration.

Take a look everyone. Race card demagoguery on display for all to see.

Micheal Moore could not have hoped for better.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 8:18 PM

IF you are LEGAL, you stay, if you are ILLEGAL, you go.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 8:13 PM

I hate to keep calling you a racist – but you keep invoking the racial terms … “Latinos” …

Latinos aren’t the only illegals in the nation – yet they seem to be the only ones you’re concerned with – why is that?

Also – you can use words like “enforce the laws” – LOL – that’s what we’ve been doing with Marijuana for almost a hundred years – what has it got us? Sometimes law must yield to reality and, the reality there bucko – is that you can’t deport 20 million people. If you can – tell me how you can.

You can’t.

Maybe we should deport all the Apache tribes remaining – since I think they vote Democratic too? Or maybe all the Blacks? It seems your real problem with illegals has nothing to do with breaking laws – but how they might vote.

They’ll vote Democratic for sure if we allow racists like you to dictate our immigration policies.

But that’s not going to happen. “Zero Tolerance” always FAILS – and you’re not going to get what you want. You will have to compromise or you’ll be locked out of the national conversation. No one will sit at the table with someone who isn’t willing to compromise on a problem that is 20 million people wide.

Sorry.

Good luck banging your head against the wall though!

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 8:21 PM

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 8:12 PM

No, you skip the path to citizenship and keep deporting without letup.

And that way our Republic will endure, despite your treasonous efforts.

There will always be millions and millions of LEGAL Hispanics, and millions of LEGAL immigrants.

And they will enjoy the same protections the law affords all of us.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Take a look everyone. Race card demagoguery on display for all to see.

Micheal Moore could not have hoped for better.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 8:18 PM

Sue me – it’s true and you know it. ;)

Otherwise why do you keep using the term “Latinos”? LOL – you don’t even know what a Latino is … to you it’s anyone with brown skin who comes over the Mexican border.

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 8:24 PM

No, they are legal. Race card degenerate cowardice on display again. You miserable bastard.

Hey, TE Lawrence moron and Pentagon Prince: Those bars on your collar don’t entitle you to pontificate on what laws can be discarded, any more than your $3500 motorcycle does.

The morally degenerate RINO position that the law is subjective.

Thanks a lot. I spit on your service to the US mil.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 8:26 PM

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 8:24 PM

No, morally degenerate RINO and treasonous coward. No, I support enforcing the law on all illegals, although yes, 60% of them are Mexican nationals.

Irish illegals have to go too, ok? You happy?

You yellow race baiting coward, and lying RINO degenerate.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 8:28 PM

Sue me – it’s true and you know it. ;)

So there you have it. Honda agrees with Micheal Moore on immigration.

Go to the Huffpo, see if you matter there.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 8:30 PM

And that way our Republic will endure, despite your treasonous efforts.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 8:22 PM

Right – I’ve seen combat in both Iraq and Afghanistan … and was a cold warrior on subs vs the Soviet Union. Tell me a little bit about YOUR combat experience there rightwinglunatic?

Thanks a lot. I spit on your service to the US mil.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 8:26 PM

Stay classy. ;)

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 8:30 PM

So there you have it. Honda agrees with Micheal Moore on immigration.

Go to the Huffpo, see if you matter there.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 8:30 PM

Uhm … make me? LOL

No – I’m afraid I’m here until I get banned – which is likely to be long after you friend!

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 8:31 PM

And I wish you hadn’t bothered, now that I know what your opinion of the law really is.

They didnt need you.

Your oath to the constitution is a joke.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 8:32 PM

So there you have it. Honda agrees with Micheal Moore on immigration.

Go to the Huffpo, see if you matter there.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 8:30 PM

Also – I don’t quite agree with MM on immigration. Isn’t he an open borders guy?

See – this is why lunatics like you will have ZERO impact on the final solution for immigration – not only do you not have a full understanding of a problem that’s 20 million people wide – you deliberately mischaracterize the positions of the people you debate with.

Which is not a nice thing to do!

Which is why you won’t be at the table when the final solutions are decided upon. That’s kind of the way our society works. The lunatics of zero tolerance rule Iran … here in the Democratic US – we are kind of willing to make good-faith compromises in order to reach a solution amenable to the majority. No – we won’t satisfy you … but then again – nothing would satisfy you.

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 8:35 PM

HondaV65, ladies and gentlemen:

Fighting the enemies of amnesty and winning citizenship for the party of Jackson, McGovern, and Mondale.

A true patriot who fights for the nation of laws, not of men.

(Unless you get enough people together and decide you don’t want to follow the law anymore, then you’re ok too)

Yeah, forgot that part.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 8:35 PM

They didnt need you.

Your oath to the constitution is a joke.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 8:32 PM

Does that also apply to anyone currently serving in combat who holds a different view on immigration than you do?

Again – remind me of YOUR service to this nation?

I know men and women currently fighting in Afghanistan who aren’t American citizens – and they more American than you are (in my eyes).

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Oh that’s fine, I wouldn’t sit with morally degenerate RINO capitulationists anyway.

And bucky, you’re not gonna be at that table for very long. Only as long as it takes to sign TX and FL over to the Dems, then you’ll be along for the ride with the rest of us.

Not that we’ll acknowledge you traitors, but yes, you’ll be right there with us.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 8:38 PM

Yeah, forgot that part.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 8:35 PM

Well it seems you forget a lot now doesn’t it? LOL!

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 8:38 PM

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 8:38 PM

Or maybe you and the rest of the “Taliban” can just behead us and do away with the necessity of looking at our wretched, impure conservative souls?

LOL

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 8:40 PM

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 8:37 PM

Oh you mean our new Hessians?

No, no non-citizen should be serving, we don’t need mercenaries, better a draft than that.

And I know you don’t care for citizens, you’ve already stated that you think the law does not apply to you and your buddies.

But I don’t respect it. And I’ll NEVER hold a rifle in line with the likes of you, who hold the law they swore to uphold in contempt.

I hold you in contempt, RINO.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 8:41 PM

No, no non-citizen should be serving

Should NOT be serving, I meant……

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 8:42 PM

Bah, said it right the first time.

Non-citizens should NOT have access to service in the US mil, period.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 8:43 PM

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 7:13 PM

The outreach problem you speak of is the fault of the RINOs, not the conservatives. The RINOs are content to have the illegals cut their grass, clean their houses and make them rich by cutting up chickens while being paid under the table. Conservatives are too busy working and trying to make a living to do this kind of outreach. The RINOs figure if they give the illegals amnesty the illegals will be grateful, vote GOP and remain second class citizens their whole lives and continue to make life easy for the RINO elitists.

JimP on July 3, 2011 at 8:44 PM

I hold you in contempt, RINO.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 8:41 PM

Oh dear me! I’ve been held in “contempt” by a lunatic! What shall I DO now???

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 8:44 PM

No one who makes such a comment can be taken seriously.

I will behead no one, as that act is not proscribed by any law, nor am I given any authority to judge anyone or carry out any punishment.

More left wing demagoguery.

Well, Honda, you yellow coward, you’ve piled up a mighty tall tab of lefty spin and demagoguery.

You, imo, have much to answer for.

If the R party is made up of such as you, I wouldn’t give fifty cents for our nation in another 10 or 20 years.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 8:47 PM

And you’re a racist.

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 8:10 PM

I don’t normally find myself agreeing with Yahoo, but when did enforcing our nation’s laws become racist?

The typical illegal is poorly educated, unskilled and is likely to consume far more in welfare than he/she will contribute in taxes (e.g. California spends about $22 billion annually on illegal aliens). Hospitals have folded because of unpaid emergency room bills (Bellaire Medical Center in Houston being the largest). 50 years ago California had one of the best public education systems in the country; it’s now among the worst.

Perhaps I am a racist, but I cannot think of a single positive contribution that illegal aliens make (other than to those employers who want to pay less than the minimum wage). If you have any positive contributions illegals make, please share them with us.

bw222 on July 3, 2011 at 8:49 PM

Non-citizens should NOT have access to service in the US mil, period.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 8:43 PM

But wait … I thought you were an advocate of LAWS? Well, the law allows them to be there.

For decades we were allowed to recruit kids from the Philipine Islands. We’re still allowed to recruit non-citizens legally.

And good thing – because slackers like you are too lazy to get off their couch and keyboard and serve their country.

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 8:50 PM

There is no outreach they will hear, except that they need not abide the law.

That is all they want to hear from us.

Let’s preach conservatism to all, and part of conservatism is equality under the law, and that everyone must obey it.

Legals are welcome, race is immaterial of course.

Illegals are asked to comply with the law, and enforcement efforts will continue indefinitely, for the sake of all law abiding Americans.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 8:51 PM

Well, so be it, but I would abolish that law if I could. Call it milservice reform.

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 8:50 PM

If I have to serve alongside lying sob cowards like you, who take the laws of the US for a joke, that’s a good thing.

If you need more men, draft them. Don’t hire foreign nationals to do your fighting.

More RINO cowardice from this Pentagon Prince and Little Lord Fauntleroy who thinks he and his bemedaled TE Lawrence buddies live by their own rules.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 8:54 PM

JimP on July 3, 2011 at 8:44 PM

That was (is) Karl Rove’s strategy, The Bush family has employed illegal aliens in the past as domestics, which I am sure shaped Bush 41′s philosophy.

bw222 on July 3, 2011 at 8:56 PM

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 8:12 PM

So, Honda, then yes, it’s cool with you to fire up the buses and planes for the hypothetical 10 million that don’t get with the “path to citizenship requirements” you put forth?

In other words deporting 20 million is a monumental task beyond our capability, but we can swing it if we only have to ship 10 million?

Help me out here…

Gang-of-One on July 3, 2011 at 8:57 PM

The number of Bushland RINOs in the R party is the reason this country is fubar.

Nothing to do with the hard left at all.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 8:57 PM

bw222 on July 3, 2011 at 8:49 PM

Never – most of us here are all for enforcing the law … right now that includes deportation – so enforce the law.

I’ve never advocated NOT enforcing the law. How is advocating providing SOME path to citizenship for SOME illegals AFTER the borders have been secured equal to “NOT” enforcing the law?

LOL – it’s as if people think I (and others) are advocating something outside the boundaries of the law. Which is absolutely crazy.

I understand -that a problem which is 20 million people wide will not yield to a zero tolerance position of “deport them all” – which ignores human history in that – that many people cannot be deported without great stress on the liberties of this Republic. Like I’ve said – Hitler deported 12 million and the Indian Partition was 14 million. Rightwinglunatic wants to deport almost more than both combined and he thinks it won’t be accompanied by images of distress that won’t pull this Republic apart.

He’s a fool.

And … he’s racist because he keeps using terms like this …

“There is no outreach they will hear”

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 8:51 PM

Because … somehow these people are too racially inferior in his mind to grasp the principles of Conservatism – which not only makes his comments racial – it also imparts to us a bit of knowledge of just how inferior he thinks conservative principle are when placed in the open market to compete with other (liberal) ideas.

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 9:00 PM

Nothing to do with the hard left at all.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 8:57 PM

It’s both. It appears Durbin will introduce it in the Senate. Lugar, Graham and possibly McCain will vote for it. It’s DOA in the House.

bw222 on July 3, 2011 at 9:03 PM

Because it is not provided for under current law. You’d have to get together with your Democrat and RINO pals and make a NEW LAW, one that specifically exempts a class of people from the former law.

Totally illegal, unconstitutional, and un-American to do so.

Obviously.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Help me out here…

Gang-of-One on July 3, 2011 at 8:57 PM

No – technically deporting 10 million is equally undo-able.

I just don’t have an answer here other than to do the best you can.

Contrary to Rightwinglunatic’s charges – I’m not an “amnesty” guy and I don’t believe in open borders. I am a pragmatist – but at the end of the day all you can do is show due diligence – try to make some productive, turn them into citizens – and the ones that refuse to play ball … well, what other choice do we have but to deport them.

I mean – I have a compromising position here – I’m willing to allow a path to citizenship because, unlike many who are closet racists on this issue – I don’t fear these people or their politics – and I know we can make a lot of them Conservatives because I believe in Conservatism and it’s rightness.

But at some point – after you’ve done everything you can do – you have to deport if they won’t play ball.

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 9:05 PM

Because it is not provided for under current law.
rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 9:04 PM

So any law passed tomorrow in accordance with the Constitution is NOT law?

LOL.

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 9:07 PM

Totally illegal, unconstitutional, and un-American to do so.

Obviously.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 9:04 PM

So what Reagan did was unconstitutional?

Help me out here.

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 9:09 PM

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 9:00 PM

No, my point was, we reach out to all races who are here LEGALLY.

Those who are illegal, all they want to hear is “Ding! you’re now legal”..

Aside from that, since records were kept in the 60s, Hipanics have voted between 2:1 Democrat, and 4:1 Democrat in every election.

Now, this is cultural, not racial, they come from a country where the Democrats would be considered reasonable and conservative.

But it’s not racial. We could import 20 million whiteskins from any nation on earth that hands them over, and odds are they’d vote Democrat more than 2:1 as well.

The point is not that immigration is only for whites.

The point is it should be slow, measured, and gradual, with the goal being assimilation, not balkanization.

And 20 million is far too large a number for that, when they already have established their own communities here. Hell even half a million is too many under those conditions.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 9:09 PM

Totally illegal, unconstitutional, and un-American to do so.

Obviously.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Forgot to add … I guess Reagan was not only “unconstitutional” but “un-American” huh?

LOL – do you spit on Reagan’s service to the nation also? He was a RINO to you huh?

LOL – you’re zero tolerance zealotry is hilarious.

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 9:10 PM

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 9:00 PM

I wouldn’t care if they were English, Irish, German, etc. Immigrants who are unskilled, uneducated (some to the point of illiteracy) hardly makes us a better or stronger country.

Are you going to respond by naming one positive (other than providing labor to employers who want wo pay less than the minimum wage) that illegals provide?

BTW, playing the race card is a Democratic tactic.

bw222 on July 3, 2011 at 9:11 PM

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 9:05 PM

If they were going to play ball, they’d have come here legally in the first place..

yes, you’re willing to compromise with the left on how many more states they can lock down.

thanks.

The morally degenerate RINO position.

Do you think the imagery you’re so afraid of will be magically better after we’ve done our due diligence by offering amnesty?

No, you’re just a morally degenerate RINO coward, thats all.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 9:12 PM

LOL – you’re zero tolerance zealotry is hilarious.

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 9:10 PM

Yes. Reagan made mistakes like everyone else, and this one cost us CA forever.

And he regretted it, according to Meese. He knew he got rolled.

You yourself said it was a “boneheaded amnesty” that you disagreed with.

So you’re allowed to disagree and I’m not?

Screw you, you yellow lying morally degenerate RINO.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 9:14 PM

Reagan thought he had a deal to exchange a one-time amnesty for permanent border security. After amnesty was granted, the Dems renegged on the increased border security. The deal Alan Simpson (R-WY) made basically left Reagan holding the bag.

You are either being dishonest or simply don’t know much about history.

Honda, you are more of a baffoon with every post … or you have a lawn care service.

bw222 on July 3, 2011 at 9:16 PM

Have you looked at the Electoral College lately, Morally degenerate Bushland RINO TE Lawrence capitulationist and Pentagon Prince?

Have you?

How many states can we afford to lose these days? Go on, tell us….

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 9:16 PM

You don’t ignore the ones that are here, you arrest and deport them as you find them. And that doesn’t mean you necessarily are hunting for them (though, eh, I’m ok with that) – but when you do come across them (when they’ve been arrested for another crime, they get busted using fake ID, they are involved in traffic accidents, they show up at the hospital for free healthcare, they show up at the school for free education, etc) – yes, you damn well arrest and deport them.

Well, when they try to make laws (like in Georgia) that says the police can also check them for their immigration status after they get busted for driving without a license, etc. – then you get the protests, and the government suing the states, everyone on the left calling everybody racists, and so forth.

So here’s what we learn: If you are a legal citizen, you must obey all the rules. But if you are an illegal alien, they can’t even find OUT if you have broken that rule.

They just write you a ticket, and off you go, to cause more car crashes and deaths.

I think the reasoning goes something like this: Illegal aliens can’t prove their citizenship. And yet, they tend to stick out like a sore thumb.

Therefore it would be unfair to ask someone who is an illegal alien for proof of their citizenship, because they are often so obviously an illegal alien (driving without a license, etc.).

If illegal aliens are not white, then it is racist to hold them to any law.

Or something like that.

You and I, though, we’d better have all our t’s crossed and our i’s dotted, because it is fair that we should follow all the laws.

Just not the illegals.

Alana on July 3, 2011 at 9:18 PM

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 9:09 PM

How do you then reconcile this with the fact that many racial groups BORN in the US also vote Democratic – often at ratios MORE than 2:1? They didn’t come from a nation “handing them over to us” … they were born and raised here!

YOU NEVER SAID that illegals who came from MEXICO were going to vote Democratic – you’ve continuously assigned it a racial element – by using the classification “Latinos” – as if we don’t need any more Latino’s in this nation – or somehow their political views shouldn’t be considered valid.

You never said that illegal Ukranians vote Democratic. You put this squarely with a racial label … “Latinos” … and then you complain when I tell you that your comments are laced with racism.

You call people un-American for disagreeing with you (however slightly) on immigration – but I’m wondering – what’s more Un-American? Disagreeing with you … or labeling anyone who disagrees with you a “coward” and “traitor”??? Hmmmmm?

See – that’s why you won’t be at the table.

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 9:21 PM

You are either being dishonest or simply don’t know much about history.

bw222 on July 3, 2011 at 9:16 PM

You’re firing at the wrong guy. I LOVE REAGAN – I’m just pointing out that … by rightwingyahoo’s standards – Reagan was a traitor, a coward, and an unconstitutional un-American for his stance on amnesty.

I mean – I want to provide a path to citizenship for SOME after we’ve secured the border. And for that – I’m the worst kind of American no matter how many taliban I killed in combat in Afghanistan.

Well – if that’s the case – how can the guy who actually granted amnesty to millions be anything less than I?

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 9:24 PM

See – that’s why you won’t be at the table.

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 9:21 PM

There will be no table.

The rest of your post is more race baiting Micheal Moore capitulationism, and you are nothing but a TE Lawrence Pentagon Princeling who thinks the laws don’t apply to all Americans, and that anyone outside the law can be given a pass.

All to realize your goal of handing the Electoral College over the the left in perpetuity.

Not bad, capitulationist, not bad.

Just don’t act like you give a crap about conservatism ever again ok?

We know you don’t.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 9:28 PM

No, because he was tricked into it. Beguiled.

You ARE the traitor, because you’re DOING the beguiling.

That one was easy.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 9:29 PM

Yep. Benedict Arnold. You better believe it, traitor.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 9:30 PM

From Wiki:

Benedict Arnold V (January 14, 1741 [O.S. January 3, 1740][1][2] – June 14, 1801) was a general during the American Revolutionary War. He began the war in the Continental Army but later defected to the British Army. While a general on the American side, he obtained command of the fort at West Point, New York, and plotted to surrender it to the British forces. After the plot was exposed in September 1780, he was commissioned into the British Army as a brigadier general.

Born in Connecticut, Arnold was merchant operating ships on the Atlantic Ocean when the war broke out in 1775. After joining the growing army outside Boston, he distinguished himself through acts of cunning and bravery.

Physical bravery accompanied by moral cowardice is nothing new. RINO.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 9:33 PM

Just don’t act like you give a crap about conservatism ever again ok?

We know you don’t.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 9:28 PM

Well I must say – I don’t care enough about Conservatism to label people who simply disagree with me on one or two points as “cowards” … “un-American” … or “traitors”.

Especially when they’ve actually SERVED their country in uniform and combat. I don’t like liberal philosophy – but I’ll damn sure shake the hand and say “Thanks for your service” to any liberal in uniform – even if they, politically, support open borders.

America is about TOLERANCE for different ideas and debating those ideas logically – not about dismissing people and whole races as “unsalvageable”. That is not the America that the founders fought for – and it’s not the America I was fighting for when I was in Afghanistan and Iraq.

IT is the America you are advocating though – and your statements here tonight prove that beyond doubt.

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 9:34 PM

I charge you, Honda, with plotting to hand TX and FL over to the Democrats.

Your past bravery is noted, now go join your new friends at Huffpo.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 9:34 PM

Physical bravery accompanied by moral cowardice is nothing new. RINO.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 9:33 PM

So any American soldier who’s fighting in Afghanistan who also holds the opinion that some illegals should have a path available to citizenship is also a “traitor”??

Please.

And … Benedict Arnold – I am certainly not. You cannot equate my disagreement with you to that man’s wholesale treachery and sell-out to the British at a critical time in our history.

Well – with your tiny brain I suppose you can.

Apples – meet Elephants.

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 9:37 PM

That’s you. I would never do any such thing. Progressives can serve all they like. They will never be anything but enemies of liberty, and thus the republic, which is supposedly founded thereon.

Sorry, TE Lawrence Bushland RINO capitulationist and degenerate RINO Pentagon Princeling, your prior service does not entitle you to avoidance of all future scrutiny.

No matter how much you pretend it does.

First the race card, played hard and low, and now the milservice card.

Sorry. No.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 9:38 PM

I charge you, Honda, with plotting to hand TX and FL over to the Democrats.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 9:34 PM

Now that you’ve officially charged me – is the part where I can say I don’t really give a damn about your charges?

LOL

I really don’t recognize you as having ANY authority over me or with any right to “charge” me with anything. I know you think you may be Hugo Chavez … but no – I’m not playing.

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 9:40 PM

Please.

Yes. Because our republic cannot endure such and remain free.

Fact.

Man, that statement had more irony in it than a million Ogabe press conferences.

Really. You don’t say. Critical time in our history and all that.

Handing over huge and precariously balanced electoral windfalls to our opponents and all that.

Really…. Nope, not ironic at all.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 9:40 PM

Racist? Replacing whites with hispanics is a choice, isn’t that correct? It is a conscious selection. One is being chosen over the other. In Los Angeles, where I live, the federal government and the courts have selected non-white Latin Americans over the mostly white United States citizens who lived here previously. It has been achieved through a long series of deliberate decisions. That’s a fact. Out with the Beach Boys and Lockheed, in with banda music and MS13. There’s your “non-racism” in action.
In southern California, anything to do with “Latins” and non-whites is celebrated like it’s a little boy hitting his first home run. Whites…not so much. White ethnicity is only addressed for the sake of disgusted finger-pointing and discussing our allegedly limitless criminality and racism of the past ( including “stealing” California from Mexico).
It would be nice if liking anything to do with white people were no longer treated as if it were like endorsing leprosy.
The California that produced Apple Computer, Lockheed, Disney, Hewlett Packard, Intel and Hughes Aircraft, to name a few, has been comdemned to death for being insufficiently diverse. California used to have the best educational system in America, if not the world. California’s “newcomers”, as George W. Bush calls them, drop out of high school at a greater than 50% rate. But it’s a racist crime against humanity to point out the obvious consequences of that stat. As Gen. Casey said, as horrific as that is, “if our diversity becomes a casualty, I think that’s worse.” Better to flush the whole civilization down the toilet than be called a racist.
Three hundred and sixteen Americans have won a total of 318 Nobel Prizes: 62 in chemistry, 47 in economics, 84 in physics, 93 in medicine, 11 in literature and 21 peace prizes. Most of them have been (oh my GAWWWD!!!) white.
There have been a grand total of three Mexican winners of the Nobel Prize. Only one of those won a Nobel Prize in a scientific field.
Yes, how dare we say the former might be preferrable to the latter. What a monstrous act of racism. Our society is such an Orwellian nightmare now that even white conservatives are terrified of saying that they might like, even (oh sweet Jesus, no-o-o!) prefer things that are white and conservative.

Django on July 3, 2011 at 9:42 PM

Very good.

That’s exactly the type of PC dogma that Honda is preaching when he puts on his TE Lawrence Bushland RINO Pentagon Princeling robe of self righteousness and flays all amensty opponents as racists.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 9:45 PM

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 9:40 PM

Okay – just to set the record straight here … and I don’t want to confuse things and I want to be accurate in what you are saying …

You believe – that any military servicemember who believes in a path to citizenship for some number of illegals (no matter how small) AFTER the borders are secured – is a TRAITOR TO HIS NATION?

And you … who have NEVER served in uniform or done a damn thing for his country other than pen on a blog are a PATRIOT?

And anyone who disagrees with you on this issue of immigration is a “coward” and “Un-American”?

Please be specific in your objections to the above characterization (if you have any such objections) – I want to be accurate.

Also – this would include Ronald Reagan as an “Un-American” / “Coward” / “Traitor” for being the one to actually SIGN an amnesty bill into law?

Please be specific in your objections – but I don’t think you will have any. I think I’ve captured your position on this.

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 9:46 PM

I’ll say that whatever comparisons one might make between ethnicities is irrelelvant.

The law does not allow smart people to push aside the dummies.

The concept is equality before the law, and no special treatment.

Honda is crapping all over that with his support for amnesty.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 9:48 PM

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 9:46 PM

Yes. This is correct, with one exception, that Reagan gets a pass because he was tricked.

You have no such excuse. Traitor.

Now go get cracking flipping TX and FL for your REAL pals. You’ve got a lot of race card playing to do.

RINO.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 9:49 PM

Django on July 3, 2011 at 9:42 PM

Wow – that post was full of seething racism.

My proof? In that you’ve totally turned it into an “us versus them” kind of thing – when that’s not what this issue should be about.

We’re not making a choice of one over the other – some people will be deported – perhaps many – thousands, even millions.

But when you go to such hyperventilating leaps to turn this into a battle between white and brown – when there is a middle path that is perfectly acceptable – that is just pure, un-adulterated racism.

I have no doubt that some Hispanics display racism in California. That doesn’t license me to do so though.

You feel otherwise – and that’s sad.

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 9:51 PM

bw222 on July 3, 2011 at 9:11 PM

You have just described the MAJORITY of my great-grandparents and great-great-grandparents who came here from Poland. Totally illiterate (at least in English) and unskilled for the most part. But they came here LEGALLY.

My grandmother’s (father’s side) parents and grandparents became farmers in Louisiana and New York-she eventually met a serviceman at a veteran’s parade in upstate New York who won her heart and became my grandfather (father’s father).

My grandfather on my father’s side can be traced all the way back to the Jamestown and Mayflower settlements. He served with distinction and honor from Normandy until his unit (507th Parachute Infantry Regt, 82nd Airborne Div) parachuted over the Rhine River and on occupation duty afterwards until nearly Thanksgiving of ’45. They would go on to build a successful veterinary practice in the mold of my grandfather’s father, and have 3 children (my father & 2 uncles) and retired comfortably in the early 1980s.

He is currently battling cancer for the 3rd or 4th time and looking forward to his 91st birthday at the end of this month. She is praying for him and thankful to God that He has blessed them with so many children, grandchildren, and now great-grandchildren.

My grandfather’s (mother’s side) parents were also mostly Polish and he left school in 9th grade to support his family during the Great Depression. He would go on to become a successful house-painter and marry a daughter of similarly poor Polish immigrants who left school after 6th grade to support her family. They would give birth to my mother and adopt my aunt.

My mother’s mother died in ’89 from cancer and my grandfather is currently living with my mother and slowly dying from Alzheimer’s which he started down on in ’99.

Also I agree with what Honda and the other gentleman said. Thank you for your service Honda.
1.) Secure the freaking border by building a multi-layered series of MANNED WALLS and FENCING (think East & West Berlin) except without machine guns-rubber bullets, tazers, & beanbag guns are better.
2.) Enforce employer sanctions with huge fines and jail time starting as soon as humanly possible.
3.) Give members of the military who have non-citizen or illegal parentage the option of sponsoring their IMMEDIATE FAMILY MEMBERS ONLY for fast-tracked citizenship provided there are no other serious crimes (i.e. no drug trafficing, murder, etc etc)
4.) End birthright citizenship by Constitutional Amendment if necessary
5.) Deport any and all persons that you can.
Applying for social services, GONE.
Enrolling kids in public schools, GONE
Show up at the ER/local clinic, treat, stabilize, and GONE,
Picked up at the job, GONE.
Mandatory E-Verify and I-9 checks on all employers.
If you’re illegal you have no right to trial and are immediately packed back to where you came from.
If you’ve got anchor kids they go with you, THEY can come back if they wish to at age 18 and go through a process similar to Naturalization.
6.) After a period of NO LESS THAN 10 YEARS after fully implementing steps 1-5 explore how many illegals are still here and start figuring out a way to get them a path to citizenship to include a HUGE fine PLUS any and all taxes they may owe

SgtSVJones on July 3, 2011 at 9:52 PM

Take Number 6 off, Jonesy, and I’d sign it any day.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 9:55 PM

You have no such excuse. Traitor.

RINO.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 9:49 PM

How was he tricked?

He signed an amnesty bill before securing the borders.

I want to secure the borders – and then talk about a path to citizenship for SOME (I’m against Amnesty).

But somehow – just my OPINIONS make me a traitor – even though they are closer to your opinions than what Reagan actually did.

Explain this halucination of yours please?

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 9:55 PM

oh wait, take number 3 out too.

No special treatment for military members, all must live by the same laws……

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 9:55 PM

How was he tricked?

He signed an amnesty bill before securing the borders.

Don’t keep lying, sailor, it is supposed to be beneath you.

You know damn well he was tricked, and if he had seen how the enforcement provisions would be gutted, he’d not have signed, and even then it made him sick to sign it.

Lourdes has posted this article by Meese many times.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 9:57 PM

Look how the US mil likes to exempt itself from the laws we all must follow.

I’m starting to think there is a serious problem here.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 10:00 PM

SgtSVJones on July 3, 2011 at 9:52 PM

I really don’t have a problem with most of what you’ve written – you’ve even included a path to citezenship in number 10 … and rightwingyahoo seems to agree with that.

So he agrees with a path to citezenship too!

RINO TRAITOR!!

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 10:00 PM

Don’t keep lying, sailor, it is supposed to be beneath you.

Lourdes has posted this article by Meese many times.

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 9:57 PM

You’re the one lying – and looking pretty ridiculous doing it I might add.

I’m a traitor for disagreeing with you – even though I’m nobody – I don’t have the power to enforce any of my opinions – but I’m a traitor – just like Benedict Arnold – who surrendered an Army to the British – even though I don’t have an Army and did everything Uncle Sam told me to do when I was in uniform – and faithfully so.

But Reagan – the man who actually signed an amnesty bill is okay? He’s not a traitor.

Yeah – your lucidity is questionable mate!

HondaV65 on July 3, 2011 at 10:03 PM

No, you didnt read that right.

I would balk at provisions 3 and 6……

rightwingyahooo on July 3, 2011 at 10:04 PM