Rick Perry supporters seek space at Ames straw poll

posted at 3:25 pm on July 1, 2011 by Tina Korbe

Texas Gov. Rick Perry still hasn’t made a decision about whether to run for president, but his supporters say they intend to have an impact at the Aug. 13 straw poll in Ames, Iowa, regardless. Americans for Rick Perry is taking steps to secure a vendor spot at the poll, according to a quote from organizer Bob Schuman in The Des Moines Register (h/t Politico’s Alex Haberman).

The straw poll is a test of campaign strength and candidate popularity. It’s also a fundraiser for the Republican Party of Iowa.

Campaigns had one opportunity, on June 23, to buy a physical space on the straw poll campus, which guaranteed a right to address the audience from the main stage and locked in a line on the ballot.

Party rules don’t allow campaigns to buy spaces after that date.

Vendors and advocacy groups still can, but the purchase doesn’t mean a candidate will be allowed to speak or get a slot on the ballot. …

Americans for Rick Perry, a 527 independent expenditure group that’s unaffiliated with Perry, is raising money on Perry’s behalf while he contemplates a presidential bid.

Schuman flew to Iowa Wednesday and has met with Jenifer Bowen of Iowa Right to Life, Bob Vander Plaats of the Family Leader, Steve Scheffler of the Iowa Faith and Freedom Coalition and others, he said.

Perry is expected to come to a decision about a potential bid for the presidency within the next few weeks. If Perry does announce, he should fare well in Iowa. Not only have Southerners typically done well there in the past, but he’ll boast both economic and evangelical appeal — which could make for a pretty irresistible combination in a state like Iowa.

The Washington Post’s Karen Tumulty highlights another important Perry advantage, one that arguably could carry him through both the primaries and the general election:

At a time when the Republican Party is being pulled between its establishment and insurgent forces, Perry has the potential to appeal to both.

He is currently the nation’s longest-serving governor, and the longest in Texas history, as well as head of the Republican Governors Association. But his brash, unapologetic conservatism also has elevated him to near-hero status among the tea party. Perry was one of the first big-name politicians to recognize the potential of the movement, headlining no fewer than three of their earliest rallies in Texas on April 15, 2009.

But Perry is supposedly still trying to settle logistical issues. Does he have enough time and money to put together a compelling campaign? On that score, surely it bodes well that, even when he doesn’t do something (e.g. buy space at the Ames straw poll), his most loyal fans will do it for him.

Comments

If he’s in…he’s got my vote. Even if Palin get’s in.

birdhurd on July 1, 2011 at 3:29 PM

Perry, it’s time to either put up or shut up!

Knock off the guessing games and either throw your hat in the ring and announce your candidacy, or just stay where you are running the state of Texas!

But I’m now sick of what I am seeing here! Do or don’t do! No more of this if and maybe crap!

pilamaye on July 1, 2011 at 3:31 PM

Yes. say good bye to bachmann’s surge. the ABPP vote will now be split between Bachmann and Perry. mitt loses votes and a true conservative *cough* can win the primaries going away.

Great news for Palin supporters happy independence day.

unseen on July 1, 2011 at 3:32 PM

Where’s the obligatory “But we would still love him as kingmaker/cheerleader”.

Or is that just the Palin special…

the_nile on July 1, 2011 at 3:34 PM

Pilamaye, the dems here in Texas are dragging out the special session process to try to keep Perry from running. They’re a vicious bunch of bastards whose only real goal is to hurt Perry. It’s disgusting, but sadly, effective.

Vera on July 1, 2011 at 3:35 PM

Where’s the obligatory “But we would still love him as kingmaker/cheerleader”.

Or is that just the Palin special…

the_nile on July 1, 2011 at 3:34 PM

lol … that is true.

darwin on July 1, 2011 at 3:35 PM

Vera on July 1, 2011 at 3:35 PM

So, they’re scared of Perry running?

darwin on July 1, 2011 at 3:36 PM

Waiting for the mittbots to show up and start trashing Perry in 3…2….1 since he is a direct threat to Mitt.

unseen on July 1, 2011 at 3:37 PM

If Palin doesn’t run, he’s got my vote as of now.

Buh bye Michelle.

davek70 on July 1, 2011 at 3:38 PM

lol … that is true.

darwin on July 1, 2011 at 3:35 PM

Or “He could run for senate”…

the_nile on July 1, 2011 at 3:39 PM

Here’s hoping you run Rick! I can’t promise you my vote, but I would love to hear what you have to say.

MJBrutus on July 1, 2011 at 3:40 PM

Aztlan will be realized under Senor~ Perry

wheelgun on July 1, 2011 at 3:41 PM

Come on in, the water’s fine. The more conservatives the better. Primaries are gonna be fuuuuuun!

DrAllecon on July 1, 2011 at 3:41 PM

unseen on July 1, 2011 at 3:37 PM

I’m genuinely perplexed as to why Perry is seen as someone who would draw support away from Romney. Is this shown through polling or is it because they have similar platforms/policies? (I would say they don’t).

Vera on July 1, 2011 at 3:35 PM

Similarly, I think Perry would be one of the candidates that Democrats would prefer to face for a number of reasons.

lexhamfox on July 1, 2011 at 3:42 PM

This would be the best birthday present ever! I hope he announces soon and before his event.

gophergirl on July 1, 2011 at 3:43 PM

So Al Gore’s former campaign manager is going to run. Big deal.

bingsha on July 1, 2011 at 3:44 PM

hope he gets in, be fun

djohn669 on July 1, 2011 at 3:45 PM

Perry is in the hospital having some surgery today per the news. It isn’t suppose to be anything to worry about though.

BTW, have y’all heard that Rush and Katheryn will be in Joplin,MO Monday with a truck of his tea and giving a 4th speech? He had a contest on towns that were patriotic and Joplin won with all they went through with the tornado there and the citizens helping, etc.
L

letget on July 1, 2011 at 3:46 PM

L

letget on July 1, 2011 at 3:46 PM

I guarantee Rush will provide more than just tea. He’ll never say it though.

darwin on July 1, 2011 at 3:48 PM

So Al Gore’s former campaign manager is going to run. Big deal.

bingsha on July 1, 2011 at 3:44 PM

Well golly gee, wouldn’t this attract the all important most valuable “independents”? Don’t want to scare them, and from all reports, they scare quite easily!

Perry/Rubio 2012

Marcus on July 1, 2011 at 3:49 PM

Hmmm.

Wonder if that Singleton guy (spelling?) bought a space for Palin as well?

I would not mind at all if Perry got in. I think he’s solid, has some questionable issues (immigration?) but should be able to convincingly demonstrate executive ability, the economic example of Texas, etc.

I did have to laugh at this, though-

He said he was supposed to meet with Gov. Terry Branstad’s chief of staff, Jeff Boeyink, but got the location confused and Boeyink had to get back to work for the shut-down of the Iowa Legislature today.

“I’m sure he’s impressed with our slick operation,” said Schuman, who was national political director for the campaigns of Jack Kemp and Phil Gramm. “Our first meeting and we stand the guy up.”

cs89 on July 1, 2011 at 3:51 PM

Perry/Rubio 2012

Marcus on July 1, 2011 at 3:49 PM

Why in the hell would that attract independents? Are they all Gore global warming acolytes or something?

darwin on July 1, 2011 at 3:52 PM

Vera on July 1, 2011 at 3:35 PM

Don’t worry about unseen. She is convinced that every event solidifies Sarah Palin’s chances to be POTUS. She hums, “Hail to the Chief” in her head every time the name is mentioned.

MJBrutus on July 1, 2011 at 3:54 PM

MJBrutus on July 1, 2011 at 3:54 PM

Pretty sure unseen is a gentleman

gophergirl on July 1, 2011 at 3:54 PM

gophergirl on July 1, 2011 at 3:54 PM

My apologies to unseen if I got that wrong.

MJBrutus on July 1, 2011 at 3:55 PM

Perry doesn’t draw from Romney, he takes votes away from Bachmann and will assure that Sarah Palin doesn’t get in.

Perry versus Obama is a sure win for Obama.

Perry’s negatives outweigh his positives. He’s a divider like Obama but from the far right of the political spectrum.

He’s too Texan, sounds like Bush (so get ready for a lot of that from Obama), he’s terrible in debates, he’s too religious for the general election so Obama will get his second term.

Plus he’s maybe in, then he’s definitely out, then he’s going to think about it, then it’s yeah probably, maybe…..whatever dude. I’m looking for someone who actually wants the job.

Only GOP candidate that will win against Obama is Romney.

At his press conference yesterday in PA, Mitt looked like a man who could step right into the POTUS job tomorrow morning and start fixing things…..he was extraordinary….hit Obama hard standing in front of Obama’s symbol of economic success…..it was brilliant.

sheryl on July 1, 2011 at 3:56 PM

Vera on July 1, 2011 at 3:35 PM

It is a function of Mitt’s support. Many that are supporting mitt are supporting him because he is seen as electable and not Palin. Many of those are conservative those conservatives that are lookign for “electable” and not Palin will flock to Perry taking those votes away from Bachmann and Mitt. Palin’s support isn’t goign anywhere unless she doesn’t run.

Now it won’t be much maybe 3 or 5% of Mitt’s support is in this group but ina wide open contest that’s enough to deny Mitt the clear win.

Bachmann will be seen as not electable and not as serious as Perry and those that are jumping on her Bandwagon will go to Perry. these will be more thasn the 3-5% and Bachmann will implode.

and you have a 3 way race between Mitt, Perry and Palin. If Palin doesn’t get in its Mitt vs Perry.

and if Perry and Palin doesn’t get in its Mitt vs Bachmann or in other words Mitt gets the nomination.

unseen on July 1, 2011 at 3:59 PM

sheryl on July 1, 2011 at 3:56 PM

I can agree that Mitt looks shovel ready, so to speak. He is the leader and history does point to him. And in fact, while he’s no better than 3rd choice if Perry gets in, I could live with him as the nominee.

However, even from little I know about Perry I can see that your assessment of him is off target. OK, you got the part about him being a Texan right, but I don’t think it’s the liability that you make it out to be. Aside from his support for creationism in schools I haven’t yet heard of his religious zealotry being an issue. At least not when compared to the rest of scientifically illiterate field (including Mitt and his AGW remarks). And I sure don’;t fault him for taking his time before committing to a run as you do.

MJBrutus on July 1, 2011 at 4:02 PM

sheryl on July 1, 2011 at 3:56 PM

If Mitt is the dream team then we are doomed.

This is the guy who got slapped around like a little girl by McCain in 2008.

Really Right on July 1, 2011 at 4:02 PM

sheryl on July 1, 2011 at 3:56 PM

While i agree he will take more votes from Bachmann than Mitt. he will still hurt Mitt on his right.

as far as making Palin sit out. you are wishcasting.

Palin’s supporters are not going anywhere which part of this have you all not got for the last 3 years?

unseen on July 1, 2011 at 4:03 PM

If Sarah doesn’t get in, I will be all in for Rick and so will she!

ConservativePartyNow on July 1, 2011 at 4:09 PM

MJBrutus on July 1, 2011 at 4:02 PM

Don’t get me wrong, I will gladly vote for Perry if he’s the candidate. And I actually think he will be a good counter to Romney. I think their debate on the 10th amendment would be an interesting one since Perry is such an advocate of it and could help Mitt win his argument about the healthcare mandate he brought to MA under the 10th amendment with the approval of MA citizens. It would be powerful.

I’m coming from the viewpoint: I’ve lived in California for a long time so I’m entrenched with liberals (who I don’t despise btw….however stupid their arguments are!) and I know how they think. I know how they attack and Perry personifies their biased view of the Tea Party and Republicans e.g. white, Southern, uber religious and far right wing.

He will lose us the White House, IMHO because he will not bring in independents or moderate Democrats that we need to win in 2012. Especially when he makes statements like don’t try to curry favor with them because they don’t like us anyway.

It’s a negative way of thinking to start out and is actually a distillation of what people looking from the outside of politics hate the most about those in politics.

It was a terrible thing to say, very divisive.

sheryl on July 1, 2011 at 4:19 PM

Rick Perry makes me nervous. His Dream act, mandated 6th grade HPV vaccination requirement, trans-Texas corridor… Will somebody please comfort me on these issues.

poorrichardsnews on July 1, 2011 at 4:21 PM

mittbots on the attack watch out.

unseen on July 1, 2011 at 4:24 PM

Hold your powder, he’s in. Trust me.

TXUS on July 1, 2011 at 4:24 PM

Where’s the obligatory “But we would still love him as kingmaker/cheerleader”.

Or is that just the Palin special…

the_nile on July 1, 2011 at 3:34 PM

lol … that is true.

darwin on July 1, 2011 at 3:35 PM

LOL, yes indeed. “As I’ve always said, he should just keep doing what he’s doing now: be governor of Texas and an effective spokesman for conservative causes.”

pseudoforce on July 1, 2011 at 4:26 PM

unseen on July 1, 2011 at 4:03 PM

I’ll vote for Palin if she’s our candidate. I don’t think she’ll be a very good match-up to Obama (plus she’s already kinda run against him and lost) but if GOP runs her, she’ll have my vote.

I’m a team player and will do everything to strengthen and support my party.

It is just my view that Mitt is the best match up against Obama for two main reasons. Mitt is the most pro-business person, he loves capitalism, the economy…the man can’t wait to help America get back to work….which was on full display yesterday in PA.

And the second reason is that Romney is the only one who can dispel the myth that Obama is the smartest president.

sheryl on July 1, 2011 at 4:28 PM

sheryl on July 1, 2011 at 4:19 PM

I appreciate the concern about bringing in indies. I also consider them to be the key to winning a general election (however unpopular that opinion is ion H/A). I don’t find it a negative way of thinking, it is simply being practical. So far so good :-)

My number 1 right now is T-Paw, but Perry could easily pass him if he meets my expectations. I have Mitt behind both of them. I may find that you’re right about Perry though and that is why I am including so many caveats.

From what I’ve heard of him, he isn’t the scary wingnut that will set indies running away in horror. For example what I know of his immigration stance is reasonable. I can name other positions as well for which he has been sharply criticized from the right but would appeal, IMHO to indies.

The big draw, of course, is employment specifically and the economy more generally. His state has been a magnet for jobs, sucking in the refugees of liberal havens like CA.

As I said, I’m still just getting to know him and may decide he’s not all that. But I am psyched to see him join the race and have him state his case.

MJBrutus on July 1, 2011 at 4:32 PM

Hold your powder, he’s in. Trust me.

TXUS on July 1, 2011 at 4:24 PM

I’m beginning to doubt it. Although he’d be a welcome addition to the filed, if he were going to run I think he’d already be in. We were told over a month ago that he was going to declare any day. When Newt’s staff bailed we were told to expect a Perry announcement within days. I don’t think he wants to run, to be honest.

pseudoforce on July 1, 2011 at 4:36 PM

Hold your powder, he’s in. Trust me.

TXUS on July 1, 2011 at 4:24 PM

GOOD – I hope so

gophergirl on July 1, 2011 at 4:36 PM

* field

pseudoforce on July 1, 2011 at 4:36 PM

pseudoforce on July 1, 2011 at 4:26 PM

You nailed the condescending tone…

the_nile on July 1, 2011 at 4:37 PM

sheryl on July 1, 2011 at 4:28 PM

my comment was to yours saying Perry would force Palin to sit oout. which makes no sense because Perry will take little support from Palin if she enters. If she stays out then and only then will her support go to another candidate.

This hope fo finding a candidate that will take Palin’s support is getting old. Perry is a good 2nd choice but Palin is the 1st choice. On her decision will rest the primary results for many.

unseen on July 1, 2011 at 4:42 PM

sheryl on July 1, 2011 at 3:56 PM

Romney’s liberalism and his finger to the wind attitude doesn’t scare you?

I get that we should be concerned with having a candidate who can compete with Obama. I just believe that the country will be in a place where Obama’s record defeats Obama, not the GOP candidate. And I would rather have a President who believes in limiting the role of government, not one who has a history of expanding it. (RomneyCare anyone?)
Besides, the media will skewer the eventual GOP nominee anyway, making any GOP candidate weaker come general election time.

MississippiMom on July 1, 2011 at 4:43 PM

I hope Perry gets in..It will be good for the GOP!..:)

Dire Straits on July 1, 2011 at 4:51 PM

poorrichardsnews on July 1, 2011 at 4:21 PM

Someone else here provided me this link, and the article was the best, well-rounded look at all those issues I have seen. Read it over. It comforted me (not, like chocolate comforts me, but close enough!)

MississippiMom on July 1, 2011 at 4:58 PM

sheryl on July 1, 2011 at 4:28 PM

Naah. The liberals entirely created the myth of an intelligent little Bammie. They do it for all their candidates, even the doltish John F’n Kerry. At the same time they push the narrative of dumb conservatives.

This is one of the constants in American politics.

slickwillie2001 on July 1, 2011 at 5:03 PM

unseen on July 1, 2011 at 3:37 PM

Actually the more fractured the field is, the stronger Mitt is. So I say lets have Palin and Perry jump in and fight it out in Iowa which Romney is ignoring anyway.

hanzblinx on July 1, 2011 at 5:07 PM

pseudoforce on July 1, 2011 at 4:36 PM

That’s what the pundits were saying, for sure, but some of that was wishful thinking or just plain conjecture. I’m hearing about some very interesting people movements in and around the governor’s office, which tells me there’s definitely something going on. Not business as usual at all.

TXUS on July 1, 2011 at 5:19 PM

hanzblinx on July 1, 2011 at 5:07 PM

We need a conservative ABP candidate to keep them away from Mitt. Mitt can not win if he doesn’t get the ABP conservative vote.

unseen on July 1, 2011 at 5:20 PM

sheryl on July 1, 2011 at 4:19 PM

sheryl, you’ve lived in California way too long. besides, no Republican is going to carry that state anyway. Romney is a loser running on name recognition right now.
And BTW, there’s no way one can be too Texan. Bush was born in Connecticut, went to a private academy for high school and Yale. Perry was born and raised in Texas, went to public school and Texas A&M.
As far as 10th Amendment, Perry isn’t going to permit socialist policies under cover of federalism, Mitt can have that distinction.
And, yes, I’m a Texan and I spent 30 years in California and returned home to Texas 4 years ago. I, too, know how liberals think.

cartooner on July 1, 2011 at 5:20 PM

TXUS on July 1, 2011 at 5:19 PM

You are getting my hopes up!..:)

Dire Straits on July 1, 2011 at 5:21 PM

Dire Straits on July 1, 2011 at 5:21 PM

I think that Perry must have thought that Barbour or Daniels was going to run. I bet that when neither of them or anyone else of their caliber did, he began to look at the possibilities. Since he wasn’t planning a run because of that expectation it’s taking him some time to assemble a campaign machine.

At least I hope that’s what happened and that he isn’t just stringing us along :-)

MJBrutus on July 1, 2011 at 5:26 PM

MJBrutus on July 1, 2011 at 5:26 PM

I hope you are right..:)

Dire Straits on July 1, 2011 at 5:29 PM

If Perry and Palin both get in ..This will be the GOP Primary of all time..or at least my lifetime..This could be good ..very good..:)

Dire Straits on July 1, 2011 at 5:32 PM

Dire Straits on July 1, 2011 at 5:32 PM

The democrats will have to choose who to spend their money on attacking.

darwin on July 1, 2011 at 5:40 PM

The democrats will have to choose who to spend their money on attacking.

darwin on July 1, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Good point..And the beauty is there are too many good ones!..:)

Dire Straits on July 1, 2011 at 5:43 PM

Dire Straits on July 1, 2011 at 5:32 PM

And don’t forget Thad McCotter! I think the GOP will pick up independent votes just because we will have us some great debates and everyone will be curious to see them. Meanwhile, who do the Dems got? Obama, Obama, and Obama. Boring.

YehuditTX on July 1, 2011 at 5:43 PM

According to Spathi, The Paulbots have already set their sights on Ames. So I guess it’s a race for second.

stefanite on July 1, 2011 at 5:46 PM

hanzblinx on July 1, 2011 at 5:07 PM

That moderate vote would be every bit as splintered as the conservative vote. Huntsman and Pawlenty would hurt Mitt, and there’s still the chance that Giuliani jumps in. In which case, Mitt’s toast.

pseudoforce on July 1, 2011 at 5:47 PM

YehuditTX on July 1, 2011 at 5:43 PM

Good point!..:)

Dire Straits on July 1, 2011 at 5:50 PM

Vera on July 1, 2011 at 3:35 PM

Actually, it’s the House speaker Joe Strauss (TX- RINO)that’s screwing everything up. There’s no love lost between he and Perry. Below is a NumberUsa alert that I got today asking to send emails to Perry, etc. to reconvene a second special session. He has said that he wouldn’t do anything until the legislature is out.
__________________________________________________________
Speaker Joe Straus has long been an opponent of immigration-enforcement legislation. It’s our understanding that he assigned Committee Chairman Byron Cook the task of blocking SB 9 and other good enforcement bills (e.g., on E-Verify). Please call and email Speaker Strauss with the message:

“You are responsible for the House’s failure to clear SB 9 so you can stop playing the blame game. Your special-interest friends wanted the bill killed and you gladly obliged. I am disappointed that SB 9 did not pass so far this year. Please call a second special session in August to push it even harder.”

TxAnn56 on July 1, 2011 at 5:52 PM

there’s still the chance that Giuliani jumps in. In which case, Mitt’s toast.

pseudoforce on July 1, 2011 at 5:47 PM

lol. Rudy the master of national primary politics? That Rudy? I tremble.

hanzblinx on July 1, 2011 at 6:02 PM

Perry, it’s time to either put up or shut up!

pilamaye on July 1, 2011 at 3:31 PM

Shouldn’t you be saying that to Palin? She has been stringing us along for two years now.

silvernana on July 1, 2011 at 6:06 PM

Dire Straits on July 1, 2011 at 5:32 PM

If they both did get in, the rest of the field would need to find respirators (or, breathalyzers in Obamaspeak), since there’d be no more oxygen in the room. And, whoever won would already have his VP pick made. A political marriage, if ever there was one.

TXUS on July 1, 2011 at 6:18 PM

Dire Straits on July 1, 2011 at 5:32 PM

Dire – you must be a young whippersnapper. The GOP primary of my lifetime was 1976….now that was a primary! :-)

TxAnn56 on July 1, 2011 at 6:24 PM

TXUS on July 1, 2011 at 6:18 PM

Nice post!..:)

Dire Straits on July 1, 2011 at 6:40 PM

TxAnn56 on July 1, 2011 at 6:24 PM

I was way too young in 1976..But can you imagine what the debate would be like if Perry and Palin both get in with the field that is already in ..:)

PS..That is assuming that the questions will not be ..Coke or Pepsi?!?..:)

Dire Straits on July 1, 2011 at 6:46 PM

I’ll never vote for Perry, primary or general. Enough Texas RINO braggarts.

rightwingyahooo on July 1, 2011 at 6:51 PM

Sheryl = paid Romney staffer.

“Perry versus Obama is a sure win for Obama.”

Pure crap and you know it.

he’s too religious for the general election so Obama will get his second term.

Wow. Didn’t Reagan worry about being “too religious”, too? (eye roll)
Uhm, Sheryl – your guy is a Mormon. I couldn’t care less but I understand that a lot of “Social Conservatives” consider them a “cult”.

Marcus on July 1, 2011 at 6:53 PM

My husband and I are just waiting for him to get in to donate. He’s our candidate. IF he doesn’t run, then Palin (if she runs). If neither do, then we will vote for what ever rises against O.

Minorcan Maven on July 1, 2011 at 7:04 PM

Marcus on July 1, 2011 at 6:53 PM

I have a right to my opinion, this is America and I say Perry is a sure loser against Obama.

In the end, Obama’s team will make Perry out to be a cracker racist and turn the next election into a North vs South, civil war re-match. In fact, liberal Hollywood will probably do it for him with Oliver Stone directing “W, part II”.

And from what I’ve seen of Perry, I don’t think he can take a punch let alone go 15 rounds with Obama as he’s not been tested in a general election in enemy territories.

I realize the guy hasn’t lost an election but geez, he’s a Republican in Texas…..that ain’t that hard. It’s a big roll of the dice to run Perry.

I don’t think Sarah would be good match up but at least she’s been around the track before, so I’d like her chances better than Perry’s.

sheryl on July 1, 2011 at 8:17 PM

sheryl on July 1, 2011 at 8:17 PM

Why don’t you address your “he’s too religious” slam against Perry while ignoring the Mormon?

You throw any mud possible against Perry because HE SCARES YOU ROMNEYBOTS. People are dying for Perry or Palin to get in because they’ve disliked your guy for years and years.

Marcus on July 2, 2011 at 3:29 AM

I’ll never vote for Perry, primary or general. Enough Texas RINO braggarts.

rightwingyahooo on July 1, 2011 at 6:51 PM

Nobody cares if a troll votes at all.

cartooner on July 2, 2011 at 10:42 AM