Glenn Beck’s last show: “We’ve learned a lot together”

posted at 7:00 pm on June 30, 2011 by Tina Korbe

In classic professorial fashion, before the blackboards that have become a trademark of his show, Glenn Beck tonight spoke simply and convincingly, as he recapped the lessons he has learned and taught as the host of his own TV show for the past five years (only the last two and a half of which were on Fox).

“I didn’t do it as just an exercise,” Beck said of his show. “We tried to teach you things to help … I’m a dad, too. I want my country to be around. What we’ve been trying to tell you this last year is that you are the answer.”

Beck’s program surely did cover an impressive amount of ground in five short years, as a chalkboard labeled “What We’ve Learned” hinted. Beck, after all, fearlessly left few topics untouched.

His 5 p.m. hour featured firsts that quickly became signatures of the show — the chalkboard, staggeringly long monologues (42 minutes!) and a decidedly bookish bent, among others. (About that last one: As just one example, Friedrich von Hayek’s The Road to Serfdom supposedly sold more in the month after Beck plugged it than it usually does in a year.)

But, Beck says, nothing shaped his show more than the unadorned truth.

“I contend that is the reason we are successful here … because it’s true,” he said tonight. “It seems as though there’s no truth anywhere anymore. We’ve made a lot of enemies on this program. We’ve taken on every single person we’ve been told not to take on … because the truth has no agenda. It will lead us where it leads us. This show has not only survived; we have thrived. We’ve done amazing things together … It’s easy to do things when they’re from the heart. It’s easy to do things when you believe them.”

The Glenn Beck Show broke every record in the 5 p.m. time slot, always stirring speculation and controversy. So, it’s no surprise, really, that his decision to leave the show only fueled more such speculation. But Beck sought to clarify tonight, and the story of his decision seems to have implications for anyone who wonders if “something more” awaits than whatever has become the day-to-day routine:

I told you at the beginning of this year that I was going to roll up my sleeves and get to work. This summer is the beginning of that for me. I’m going to Israel to learn about courage. … I begin my search tonight after this broadcast. …

We’re not that different. I bet that when we look at the current crop of candidates that you’re as tired as I am of looking for George Washington or Ronald Reagan … This show has become a movement and that’s why it doesn’t belong on TV anymore. It belongs in your homes. It belongs in your neighborhoods. Not on television. …

I hope I have earned some level of your trust. At the same time, I want to thank Roger Ailes, Rupert Murdoch and everybody at this network for their trust. …

I have given up on admiring the problem. I am focused solely on the solution. They’re making their plans. What are you doing? …

You have to find out for yourself what is true. I didn’t run away from something; I’m running to something. I know exactly where I”m supposed to be.

I was told nobody ever leaves this business … There’s never a bigger platform than the Fox News Channel. There’s never a smarter guy I’m gonna work with than Roger Ailes. … Here I am at the pinnacle. … How could it be divinely inspired that I leave?

I am overwhelmed with the feeling, ‘If you don’t leave now, you will not leave with your soul.’ … Never want anything too much. Never. It will destroy you. I learned the hard way who I was. We as a country have a chance to learn who we are, what we’re truly capable of, before we’re forced to learn it the hard way.

Beck hinted at a new initiative — Mercury One — aimed to help the nation do just that, and he urged viewers to look to GlennBeck.com for the reveal.

Then, just as simply as he began, he concluded: “It is not the person who leads the parade. It is not the person on the stage who deserves credit. We don’t actually run credits. We wrote them on a chalkboard. I thought that was appropriate.”

Update (Allahpundit): Here’s video of the very end of tonight’s show. Wondering what’ll replace GB at 5 p.m.? Well, wonder no longer. For the rest of the summer, at least, it’s “The Five”:

The new opinion show will feature a roundtable ensemble of five rotating FOX personalities who will discuss, debate and at times debunk the hot news stories, controversies and issues of the day.

In making the announcement, Shine said, “The Five brings together an eclectic group of FOX talent whose knowledge of key issues and unique insights will undoubtedly make for a dynamic program.”

Some of the revolving FOX personalities to be showcased in the weekly ensemble include: Greg Gutfeld, Juan Williams, Dana Perino, Judge Andrew Napolitano, Geraldo Rivera, Andrea Tantaros, Eric Bolling, Monica Crowley, Bob Beckel and Kimberly Guilfoyle. The program will also feature added guests, including politicians, celebrities, sports figures and key newsmakers.

One thing about Beck: He was always lively. Unless “The Five” is planning to feature a whole lotta Gutfeld, which it should, his replacement sounds … less than lively. Read this withering take from Inside Cable News, noting that the show sounds like a broadcast version of Fox’s webchat “Strategy Room.” Exit quotation: “FNC had months to prepare for the day it would be without Beck and this is the best it could come up with? The TV programming equivalent of a band-aid?”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Glenn Beck, an American hero in my eyes. He stood up and said what others wouldn’t … and was viciously attacked and vilified for it. His record for truthfulness cannot be challenged except by slimy leftwingers who omit and lie.

Beck’s not gone. He’s told the left they will wish he was back in his 5 o’clock slot.

I tip my hat to you Mr. beck.

darwin on June 30, 2011 at 7:04 PM

I would have loved to see someone like Tammy Bruce take his place.

darwin on June 30, 2011 at 7:05 PM

Glenn Beck will go down in history with Winston Churchill, MLK, and Gandhi. “What?” you scream. Beck has only begun to stand up for the truth. He’s hated because he speaks the truth. They hated Churchill for warning the Brits to rebuild their military because Hitler was a looming threat. They hated MLK because the racists didn’t want to let the Black Man claim his human rights. They hated Gandhi because he stood for peace when others wanted violence.

Note to all “sunshine patriots” and Left-wing nut jobs: don’t underestimate Glenn Beck.

NickDeringer on June 30, 2011 at 7:05 PM

I’ve been listening to Glenn Beck since I accidentally discovered his radio show while working part-time in a liquor store during college. And I’ll continue to listen.

Jeddite on June 30, 2011 at 7:07 PM

FOX couldn’t come up with a better replacement?

Their ratings in that timeslot are going to tank.

tetriskid on June 30, 2011 at 7:11 PM

Even reading the PR about the Five is boring. We’ve heard all these people before, we could probably do a puppet show playing each ones part. I get really tired of the back and forth. Leftists should love FNC because they always put their hacks (like Beckel) on to shill the DNC talking points.

I watched Beck on and off…but was every impressed over a year ago when he walked through how Treasury issues a bond which is bought by a Primary Dealer…then sold to the Fed. Actually used real CUSIPs…like no one does that.

I know that he’s a little wacky but he’s from the age of Shock Jocks…and they tend to be a little out on the edges

r keller on June 30, 2011 at 7:11 PM

Glenn, I wish you fair winds and following seas. BRAVO ZULU!!

Khun Joe on June 30, 2011 at 7:11 PM

Only 2 1/2 years I believe. I think he said he debuted Jan 19, 2009 or something close to that.

aquaviva on June 30, 2011 at 7:12 PM

My heart aches that you are leaving Fox Glenn. But you have to do what is best for you. Fox will not be able to replace you, but they will try. God be with you Glenn and family. The weather channel will be on unless someone comes on to take your place at our home. We do the weather channel for that slug shep before you came on. Oh well, life goes on. No one will give us the ‘real’ news of what is happening that you Glenn and you staff did for your time at Fox. As I said, my heart aches.
L

letget on June 30, 2011 at 7:14 PM

I’ll still not watch that time slot…

OmahaConservative on June 30, 2011 at 7:15 PM

Wow, Way to go FOX. Fill that time spot with people who mostly will make me hurry to change the channel.

LegendHasIt on June 30, 2011 at 7:16 PM

Didn’t watch much but hat’s off to the man. He made a difference and took the arrows for it.
Quite different from the squishes and MBM that simply snipe constantly from the side lines…constantly.

Best of luck Glenn!

winston on June 30, 2011 at 7:18 PM

I just signed up for a years worth of Beck TV. So happy for you Glenn and glad I can still get my “Beck Fix”! Congratulations and best wishes in the new venture!

Conservalicious on June 30, 2011 at 7:19 PM

Beck has been good for the American Spirit. All of us that were in DC on 9/12, all 1.7 million of us, demonstrated that.

tim c on June 30, 2011 at 7:20 PM

Good Luck Glen,keep up the Good Fight:)

canopfor on June 30, 2011 at 7:20 PM

It’s summer they figure they don’t really have to roll anything out till the fall. That’s too bad it would be a good time to use the 5:00 as an incubator. I agree lots of Gutfeld, but he already has a Fox vehicle. It might be time for a lateral transfer of Lou Dobbs from FBN. Fox needs some weight to carry them through the 5:00 o’clock hour.

Dr Evil on June 30, 2011 at 7:21 PM

How about The “Mark Halperin Show”?

aquaviva on June 30, 2011 at 7:23 PM

darwin on June 30, 2011 at 7:04 PM

NickDeringer on June 30, 2011 at 7:05 PM

Bravo to you both – very eloquently put. Couldn’t agree more.

I know what I want for Christmas now – a paid-up membership to the GBTV network.

“I am determined to my last breath to fix this country, one person, one family, one child, one entrepreneur, one town at a time.” – A quote from him so powerful I wouldn’t mind that carved on my tombstone (with the proper attribution).

“What Netflix is doing right now to movies,” Glenn said, “We’re about to do to the news and information systems.” – from GlennBeck.com. Bend over, LameStream Media – this could very well be the beginning of the end for you. (We can only hope.)

OneVision on June 30, 2011 at 7:24 PM

Sure did learn a lot from that rodeo clown ;)

publiuspen on June 30, 2011 at 7:24 PM

The Rush Limbaugh hour.

He’s done TV before. :)

clement on June 30, 2011 at 7:24 PM

I wonder if Rick Sanchez is available he had a fast moving program on CNN “The List” Better than what Fox News is rolling out – a round table? They already do that with Brett Baier. Fox News Watch? The round table has been done to death. Who is pitching and producing “The Five” ???

Dr Evil on June 30, 2011 at 7:25 PM

Yep. Sounds like bringing back John Gibson would be better than what they have in mind.

slickwillie2001 on June 30, 2011 at 7:27 PM

Give it to Monica Crowley.

Her radio show is surprisingly fantastic.

She’s a real talent when she’s allowed the ability to riff.

aquaviva on June 30, 2011 at 7:29 PM

If they want to keep 5pm the Libertarian Hour, they should bring in Stossel.

Lance Murdock on June 30, 2011 at 7:29 PM

Much to the chagrin of the left.

Key West Reader on June 30, 2011 at 7:30 PM

the Five should be Gutfeld, Coulter, Malkin, Bruce, and Barara Walters.

p40tiger on June 30, 2011 at 7:30 PM

I like Gutfeld’s serious commentary. His humor, not so much. He’s quite good as a serious commentator.

Juan is one of the few remaining honest and respectable Democrats.

I like Beckel (probably unlike most here), until he starts with the vitriolic talking points.

Monica has grown in the last few years into a heavy hitter.

Dana is growing fast too.

“The Five” — good show but it will never, of course, approach the ratings Beck had.

From what I see so far, GBTV may well be a game changer.

petefrt on June 30, 2011 at 7:31 PM

I’ve been listening to Glenn Beck since I accidentally discovered his radio show while working part-time in a liquor store during college. – Jeddite

I’ve been listening ever since he replaced Dr. Laura in Miami.

His radio show is actually better than Rush.

Pat and Stu make it hilarious!

Tony737 on June 30, 2011 at 7:31 PM

nah, instead of BAWA it should be Bill Whittle.

p40tiger on June 30, 2011 at 7:31 PM

Good riddance.

lexhamfox on June 30, 2011 at 7:32 PM

My guess is that The Five is a summer holding pattern, and tryout for the crew and hosts. Then come fall they’ll start a DECISION 2012 show focused on candidates and polls and politicians and the like.

Remember Glenn replaced an election show. That 4pm hour was a good place for election stuff – when it was Pres election time.

Less on June 30, 2011 at 7:32 PM

The left will begin to mobilize driven by the Unions. They’ll lay low for about 3 perhaps 5 weeks. But, they are coming. Out.

Greece! Oh, and Section 8. And Food Stamps.

FuggitBringIt.

Key West Reader on June 30, 2011 at 7:34 PM

Loony, quirky, funny, apocalyptic prophet (and profit) of doom. The closest I think we’ll ever see to Howard Beale in real life. I’m happy that your show didn’t end the way the fictional Beale’s did, but that’s not to say I’ll miss you much.

MJBrutus on June 30, 2011 at 7:34 PM

The Five – Michelle Malkin, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Tammy Bruce, Laura Ingraham and Ann Coulture!

Tony737 on June 30, 2011 at 7:34 PM

Let me make this clear to the Left, Unions and Obama Supporters.

If you dare.

/That is all.

Key West Reader on June 30, 2011 at 7:35 PM

I’ll still not watch that time slot…

OmahaConservative on June 30, 2011 at 7:15 PM

OmahaConservative:A nasty system might be tracking
towards you(le ugh):)
=======================================

canopfor on June 30, 2011 at 7:37 PM

I for one won’t be watching. Any show that showcases the obnoxious Geraldo Rivera is on my no watch list, not to mention Beckel, Williams, and for me personally, Napolitano. Also, I really don’t need to hear the political opinions of celebrities and sports figures.

DeathB4Tyranny on June 30, 2011 at 7:38 PM

How about a cage match between Geraldo and MM? I’d pay to see Geraldo get his butt handed to him by a woman.

slickwillie2001 on June 30, 2011 at 7:43 PM

Godspeed Mr. Beck and thank you.

Sugar Land on June 30, 2011 at 7:44 PM

“The Five?” Sorry but as far as I am concerned there is only one group that is entitled to that name – and the Fox folks won’t do it justice.

OneVision on June 30, 2011 at 7:44 PM

Dedicated to Glen Beck
========================

Muse – Uprising
*****************
*****************

canopfor on June 30, 2011 at 7:44 PM

So much for going with boldness.

AH_C on June 30, 2011 at 7:46 PM

Only Mark Levin “The Great One” is worthy of this time slot. Liberals would be jumping off cliffs if that were to happen.

trs on June 30, 2011 at 7:46 PM

Thank you Mr. Beck! You have expsed the evil that controls the democrat party…I only wish more people would have looked and considered the facts you presented.

Well done Sir!!!

trs on June 30, 2011 at 7:48 PM

slickwillie2001 on June 30, 2011 at 7:43 PM

slickwillie2001:Good one,Re-Spit Match ReVisited!:)
======================================================

Go ahead and spit, Geraldo
By Michelle Malkin •
September 5, 2007 12:28 PM
***************************

Geraldo Rivera thinks I should be spit on because I believe citizens should inform law enforcement authorities if illegal aliens are living in their neighborhoods. If only someone had picked up the phone to let authorities know that criminal illegal alien Salvador Luna was living in their neighborhood, this monstrosity would not have taken place:
==========

canopfor on June 30, 2011 at 7:49 PM

Glenn Becks Radio
======================

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Search results for Glenn Beck Radio Show
****************************************

+++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++

Tune In Radio
**************

canopfor on June 30, 2011 at 7:53 PM

nah, instead of BAWA it should be Bill Whittle.

p40tiger on June 30, 2011 at 7:31 PM

Now THAT’S someone I would watch.

tencole on June 30, 2011 at 7:54 PM

I’ve learned a lot watching Glenn Beck the past 2 years. Many times the news he told was almost too much to handle; then, in pure Beck fashion, he would crack a joke or make a funny expression.

I’ve learned a lot about our government/our country. Thanks Glenn for teaching me that I am not alone, Truth does not have an adgenda, & to Question with boldness.
God Bless you & your family Glenn Beck, and thank you:)

TN Mom

TN Mom on June 30, 2011 at 7:56 PM

Yes, thank you, Glenn Beck. Only El Rushbo has done as much in media in our times for his country.

petefrt on June 30, 2011 at 7:56 PM

I’m gonna miss him terribly,even my kids know not to talk to me at 5:00 while Beck is on. He taught me lots in an entertaining way. He encouraged me to learn more. His tip to stock up the pantry saved our butts while hubby was unemployed. I was able to feed the family for a buck or two a meal. I will always be grateful for his adivice.

kringeesmom on June 30, 2011 at 7:58 PM

As Glenn said today (and a few times before), the left will be begging to have him back for only one hour a day. We signed up at http://www.gbtv.com today. Very much looking forward to the next chapters. Keep up the good fight to save our republic, Glenn!

4Freedom on June 30, 2011 at 7:58 PM

If they want to keep 5pm the Libertarian Hour, they should bring in Stossel.

Lance Murdock on June 30, 2011 at 7:29 PM

ha ha…..”Libertarian Hour”.
THIS…

tencole on June 30, 2011 at 7:58 PM

OMG. What a boring lot. Goodbye 5 PM slot.

antisocial on June 30, 2011 at 8:00 PM

Beck’s special that started at 6pm just ended. They should be afraid of where Beck is going. Some of the things he will be coming out using technology is amazing. He have all that info that he threw out in his show available and even in more depth.

God Bless Mr. Beck!!

ny59giants on June 30, 2011 at 8:01 PM

How’s about a five-some of Michelle Malkin/Tammy Bruce/SE Cupp/Starr Parker/Kellyann Conway!!!

SouthernGent on June 30, 2011 at 8:01 PM

trs on June 30, 2011 at 7:46 PM

Yeah, I agree. I love and Levin and Beck both for different reasons, I guess, but I could never get Levin’s antagonism toward Beck.

pseudoforce on June 30, 2011 at 8:02 PM

SouthernGent on June 30, 2011 at 8:01 PM

Sounds like paradise, Tammy Bruce’s disappointing preference notwithstanding. ;)

pseudoforce on June 30, 2011 at 8:04 PM

Dedicated to Glen Beck
========================

Muse – Uprising
*****************
*****************

canopfor on June 30, 2011 at 7:44 PM

What an AWESOME song!! Never heard it before, but GBTV should make it its theme song. Hell, this song ought to be played at Tea Party conservative rallies everywhere.

OneVision on June 30, 2011 at 8:07 PM

God Bless Mr. Beck!!

ny59giants on June 30, 2011 at 8:01 PM

Tell us more.

slickwillie2001 on June 30, 2011 at 8:08 PM

Tommy_G on June 30, 2011 at 8:12 PM

I predict many combos of The Five before they give it up.

disa on June 30, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Tommy_G on June 30, 2011 at 8:12 PM

What a load of crap, Tommy. If you didn’t watch the program, you never learned about the stuff he brought to his audience.

Awesome job, Glenn!

disa on June 30, 2011 at 8:14 PM

Never found him particularly interesting or informative,

Tommy_G on June 30, 2011 at 8:12 PM

??? That’s kinda impossible.

darwin on June 30, 2011 at 8:15 PM

SouthernGent on June 30, 2011 at 8:01 PM

darwin on June 30, 2011 at 8:16 PM

Tommy_G on June 30, 2011 at 8:12 PM

I’d have to sorta kinda agree. I’ve never been a fan of his TV show. His radio show though is terrific.

pseudoforce on June 30, 2011 at 8:17 PM

pseudoforce on June 30, 2011 at 8:17 PM

If Beck is anything he’s informative. No one that watched his show can say otherwise.

darwin on June 30, 2011 at 8:20 PM

disa on June 30, 2011 at 8:14 PM
darwin on June 30, 2011 at 8:15 PM

(disa) where in my post did I say that I never watched his program. I understand my opinions are different from yours on many subjects, but it’s rather intolerant of you to call them (and by extension me) crap.

(darwin) like Alice I chose to believe three impossible things before breakfast.

Tommy_G on June 30, 2011 at 8:23 PM

darwin on June 30, 2011 at 8:20 PM

Meh. Yeah, it was informative, but I just didn’t like his TV style. It was as if he was trying too hard most of the time. He’s much more relaxed on the radio.

pseudoforce on June 30, 2011 at 8:23 PM

Godspeed Glen… Godspeed!

The Dead Terrorist on June 30, 2011 at 8:25 PM

Glenn is off? Let me guess…his eyesight finally left him like he hinted…or the mysterious disease has finally taken it’s toll…what else did he have, loss of feeling in his hands? Oh, and I think his hearing was going, until he realized some other talk show host beat him to it…
Woe, is Glenn, Woe is he…maybe he will be more accurate in his new show, and not so D R A M A T I C…before his skin fall so and he becomes paralyzed…

right2bright on June 30, 2011 at 8:25 PM

right2bright on June 30, 2011 at 8:25 PM

But unfortunately you can still type.

slickwillie2001 on June 30, 2011 at 8:29 PM

I’m glad he’s on our side…but Beck creeps me out a little bit. I’m not sure why, but he does.

KSgop on June 30, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Kudos to Glenn. Dude has done it his way and is following his gut with rare sincerity.

He also loves his country based upon her founding principles…..rare indeed.

rickyricardo on June 30, 2011 at 8:37 PM

God bless Glenn Beck!

An amazing man who has done more to educate and inspire America than anyone in a lonnnnnnnnnng time!

Justrand on June 30, 2011 at 8:39 PM

I’ll miss Glenn. Despite what some have said here, his show was the MOST INFORMATIVE out there. Bar none.

I won’t be able to do GBTV though, too slow of an Internet speed as I am on a Sat connection. Oh, well, there is always the radio show.

Two favorite beck moments:

1. Boiling the frog. Classic and looked real!
2. Founders Fridays. Loved them and always learned something new.

Good luck Glenn.

BierManVA on June 30, 2011 at 8:41 PM

In honor of Glenn: Teddy Roosevelt’s famous quote:
___________________________________________________

It is not the critic who counts, nor the man who points how the strong man stumbled or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly…who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at best, knows the triumph of high achievement; and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

TxAnn56 on June 30, 2011 at 8:44 PM

I would love to see Steven Crowder and Rachel Zo and Gutfield as part of the 5. We really need to have young, hip stars spread the word.

Conservalicious on June 30, 2011 at 8:50 PM

Food Channel at 5.

bernzright777 on June 30, 2011 at 8:51 PM

/Seems like I’m in the minority here. Was never a big Glen Beck fan and really don’t understand what all the fuss over him is about. Never found him particularly interesting or informative, and his on air style to say the least was off putting. Pompous, yet condescending at the same time. Can’t help but wonder how successful he’ll be in his new ventures, only time will tell. Won’t miss him or his silly little conspiracy theories one bit. Don’t even get me started on his wearing gym shoes with a suit./

Sorry you do not understand. Public school? gym shoes?…that is a real problem.

I am not a racist on June 30, 2011 at 8:56 PM

When Glenn Beck first appeared on Fox, it was my favorite show. Since then, I felt, his show deteriorated from bright, vibrant, investigative and concise into theoretical,rambling, didactic and boring. Since I stopped watching his show months ago, I cannot honestly say I will miss him.

MaiDee on June 30, 2011 at 9:00 PM

Glenn effort in creating GBTV is a massive one. Ambitious as hell.

I wish him well.

rickyricardo on June 30, 2011 at 9:06 PM

fox news continues to sink. glenn Beck was a good show it is a shame that Bristol and others made a move to push him off the stage. making it easier for Back to pull the trigger. Remind me again why i should watch foxnews?

unseen on June 30, 2011 at 9:16 PM

GB would have made a helluva rodeo clown…when no one else would he stood up to the progressive crowd. Courage with a little humor mixed in.

d1carter on June 30, 2011 at 9:16 PM

I am not a racist on June 30, 2011 at 8:56 PM

I’m not sure what you are trying to say (must be my public school education failing me). Could you reply again, except this time could you use complete sentences.

Tommy_G on June 30, 2011 at 9:21 PM

kringeesmom on June 30, 2011 at 7:58 PM

I agree! Also, don’t anwser the phone or the door.
I watched his GBTV and he is way ahead of anything on tv today. He is such a leader! I can’t wait until he gets everything up and running. I wish I was 25 again so I could see where he is going and what lies in the future for him. I think he is so inovative, and is brilliant.
His little boy was there in a super man cape. No he didn’t introduce him. Also, David Buckner, who is the fellow who collapsed on tv, was there. It was fun and funny. No not the fainting.
I suspect that those who have disparaged him don’t like the religious tone he has introduced. I love it!

Bambi on June 30, 2011 at 9:21 PM

The Five? Ah, hell nah. How about Gutfeld and co. from Red Eye?
Beck is a real, great person. Best of luck to him.

carbon_footprint on June 30, 2011 at 9:28 PM

OneVision on June 30, 2011 at 7:44 PM

Yoda: No. There is another…

mizflame98 on June 30, 2011 at 9:30 PM

Good night!they must not be worried about ratings!That group sounds like the talking heads on Hannity’s show,the great great american panel.Ugh

ohiobabe on June 30, 2011 at 9:45 PM

I’ll give the new show a chance, but if they talk over each other I’ll tune out.

GaltBlvnAtty on June 30, 2011 at 9:45 PM

the more I think about it this is just a short term bridge for fox. There is no way they can maintain viewership with this. I think the best is with one person, who can dig deep into issues and do some investigative work (yeah, yeah, I know…another beck)

r keller on June 30, 2011 at 9:56 PM

He had a lot of good insights. It just seems that he was stuck repeating a lot of things, not necessarily because it was important, but because there was little else new under the sun.

A weekly show (say, instead of Huck) would have been awesome.

Dr. ZhivBlago on June 30, 2011 at 10:02 PM

OneVision on June 30, 2011 at 7:24 PM

Whatever else I may think of the man, I must say he has some amazing quotes. That right there is something that should be put in history books!

Uncle Sams Nephew on June 30, 2011 at 10:10 PM

Muse – Uprising
*****************
*****************

canopfor on June 30, 2011 at 7:44 PM
=============================

OneVision on June 30, 2011 at 8:07 PM

OneVision:I’m almost sure,Glen leads off with that song,
glad you enjoyed it:)

canopfor on June 30, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Check out his first hour of GBTV on his site…ambitious as hell comes to mind. I wish him well.

d1carter on June 30, 2011 at 10:16 PM

Hopefully the flash mob called The Five will go to black by the end of summer and FNC will move Stossel from FBN to that time frame, although moving Red Eye to it would likely produce better ratings.

As to Beck, the few times I was able to see the show of late — I stopped DVR-ing it months ago — I found him a bit too preachy and predictable, and a lot less cut-throaty, which was his original ratings draw.

OTOH, he’s smart as hell and I think his new format on the internet is going to take things to a new, quite interesting level. I’m thinking Beck Unplugged could be the best thing for him and our cause. We’ll see.

TXUS on June 30, 2011 at 10:28 PM

As a Beck fan, I for one, am taking a month off from Fox. Time to let Ailes and the powers that be know our power. Yes I will return, Fox is my only outlet…but for the month of July I am avoiding FNC. Let’s see how the ratings shake out without the 9/12′ers….PS…good luck with the Feeble Five….

TheRook on June 30, 2011 at 10:48 PM

I hope GBTV gets more content. 2 hours of beck.

Unite the big names of conservatism.

Get Malkin a show.

Get Rush/Levin/Hannity to replay during the evening hours.

Could be a one stop shop of conservatism instead of the drippings from Fox News.

Chubbs65 on June 30, 2011 at 11:06 PM

d1carter on June 30, 2011 at 10:16 PM

I’m signing up.

darwin on June 30, 2011 at 11:19 PM

Thank you, Glenn Beck. You’re one brave man. Godspeed on your new journey.

Missy on July 1, 2011 at 12:12 AM

I so appreciate you, Glenn Beck. You’ve brought more truth and exposure of the marxists in charge to your viewers/listeners than anyone in our time.

Your brilliance – your ability to teach, and to bring us to tears and gales of laughter almost simultaneously is awesome. My favorite continues to be that red phone. .

I’ll sign up for GBTV as soon as I am able. In the meantime, prayers for your health and safety as well as for those you love.

America owes you big time, Glenn. Onward and upward!

Opinionator on July 1, 2011 at 12:32 AM