Quotes of the day

posted at 10:43 pm on June 29, 2011 by Allahpundit

“[K]ey early state players are tiring of trying to read the tea leaves about whether she’s in or out. They’ve reached the point where they just want to know the answer.

“‘Trying to figure out Sarah Palin reminds me of the ancient practice of extispicy, divination by examining entrails for meaning,’ said former New Hampshire GOP chairman Fergus Cullen.

“‘I’ve become convinced that there is no grand strategy behind Palin’s activity,’ Cullen added. ‘There is no rhyme. There is no reason. The only common theme to her schedule of activities, statements and appearances is her seemingly unending ability to attract media coverage.’”

***
“Sarah Palin will run for the White House in 2012 and conduct an ‘unorthodox, grassroots campaign the likes of which you’ve never seen’, according to the man who has spent the past eight months organising for her in Iowa.

“Speaking to me after the premiere of the film ‘The Undefeated’ in Pella, Iowa, Peter Singleton, a California lawyer who has been assiduously courting Republicans across the state where the first contest of the 2012 election will be held, said it was ‘unthinkable’ she would remain on the sidelines.

“‘She’s the right person at this time,’ he said. ‘If you look back at Churchill’s time, in 1938 Churchill was unelectable, in 1940 he was indispensable.’”

***
“Singleton and his team of Palin organizers have personally met with most of the county GOP chairs across the state. That is something that none of the current presidential campaigns can say that they have done. Instead of selling Iowa activists on Palin, they instead make sure that people understand that there is a possibility that Palin will run.

“The Palin organizers also soak up any Iowa political knowledge they can get. A couple of weeks ago, I was speaking to a conservative breakfast club in western Iowa. After conversing with those in attendance for an hour or so, I noticed that one of the women was taking extensive notes. I was worried that I might have missed the fact that a reporter was present at the meeting. It wasn’t a reporter. It was a Palin organizer who I had yet to meet.

“Even though Sarah Palin doesn’t play by the same rules that seem to govern the rest of the field of Republican candidates, she has developed an extensive ground game in Iowa, even if it’s not being officially coordinated by her or her advisors. In many ways, I think that Palin is probably more organized in Iowa in terms of grassroots communication than most of the current field.”

***
“Unlike Sarah Palin, who has brandished the feminist moniker and spoken of an ‘emerging conservative feminist identity,’ Bachmann told me in an interview Tuesday that she wouldn’t call herself a feminist—instead, she simply described herself as ‘pro-woman and pro-man.’ When I pressed her on the matter, the Minnesota congresswoman said she sees herself as an ‘empowered American.’…

“Unlike Palin, who frequently decries the ‘lamestream media,’ Bachmann doesn’t attack the attackers. ‘The media is what the media is,’ she says. ‘It’s part of the territory. A person has to accept that there are difficult questions and unfair questions and it is a part of this process and it is what it is.’”

***
“Judging from Bachmann’s performance over the last few months, she had the luxury of observing [Palin] from the sidelines, and learning from her errors.

“Bachmann has message discipline. She’ll throw out red meat to her base but subtly and smartly so as not to be labeled a nut.

“She is deeply entrenched in the issues of the day from foreign policy to the budget and boasts an impressive resume that she has no problem touting, unlike Palin, who relied on McCain advisors to assist in her branding…

Lessons have been learned. She won’t give the press the fight that they want. She won’t let her gaffes (and all politicians make them) define her. And she will not resign from office to pursue her passions.”

***
Via Breitbart TV.

***
“Coulter also addressed rumors that Rep. Bachmann and Palin didn’t get along– ‘they like one another!’ These she attributed to sexism: ‘liberals are just so shocked that there are so many conservative women politicians,’ she argued, and assume ‘there are two girls in the race; they must hate each other.’”

***
Via Caffeinated Thoughts.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 6 7 8 9 10

nobody compared Bachmann to Obama on an ideology stance. their resumes are very much alike no matter how much you huff and puff.

unseen on June 30, 2011 at 2:41 AM

Oh, okay. Suddenly some (incredibly broken)comparisons to Obama aren’t a cheap tactic to get people associating the two with each other. Right.

MadisonConservative on June 30, 2011 at 2:44 AM

That’s awesome. Maybe you could back that up with a statement of position. Like this.

MadisonConservative on June 30, 2011 at 2:33 AM

Okay. Compare: “If you’re involved in the gay and lesbian lifestyle, it’s bondage. It is personal bondage, personal despair and personal enslavement.”

and

@sarahpalinusa: “RT @HeyTammyBruce But this hypocrisy is just truly too much. Enuf already–the more someone complains about the homos the more we should look under their bed”

alwaysfiredup on June 30, 2011 at 2:44 AM

am amused by madisonconservative suddenly acting like a conservative. Him and blatantblue and others used to argue for the squishes , now they are championing a firebrand? It’ almost proves you stalking horse theory, doesn’t it?

promachus on June 30, 2011 at 2:35 AM

If Palin wasn’t still in the picture and a threat most of them would be tearing Bachmann apart tonight. I don’t think madison would be

unseen on June 30, 2011 at 2:44 AM

Simpletons like you are easy to entertain. I am a conservative, you dip. Always have been. Just because I haven’t treated Palin like a goddess doesn’t take away from that, contrary to your diseased cult credo.

MadisonConservative on June 30, 2011 at 2:36 AM

Who is acting like a jerk? You can’t even argue rationally. You just made up this cult accusation and it’s your reductio ad absurdum for everything. If Palin supoprters challenge you, they must be cult supporters. I don’t if you are as conservative as you claim to be but you sure are an illogical pr*k.

promachus on June 30, 2011 at 2:45 AM

As a matter of fact, it is because of her record, her ideology and her positions that I support her. And I’m sick to death of people like you who decide that because someone is effusive in their enthusiasm that it’s based on nothing other than mindless worship.

Shame on you.

powerpro on June 30, 2011 at 2:34 AM

So you have no problem with unseen saying that Bachmann “was basically Obama in a skirt”?

That’s kind of nutty talk, don’t you think?

Knucklehead on June 30, 2011 at 2:45 AM

true but the bush and Reagan supporters never really stopped during the primaries and they become quasi allies during Reagan’s time in office. and as soon as Reagan was out the door the bush supporters left reagan’s polices in the archvies.

unseen on June 30, 2011 at 2:34 AM

Yes Bush 41 let us down when he raised taxes to get along.
Even to this day, he regrets this decision. If only he had
stood strong… he would have had 2nd term, and Clinton the disaster would have never happened.

Reagan passed his test with taxes, the military build up and SDI….and he is now one of the greatest US Presidents in history.

Palin has 3 test that she must go through if she becomes Prez. Defeat Islamo-facism, Drill for more US oil, and destroy the Obamacare time bomb.

Her faith is her power. As was with Ronnie..:)

dec5 on June 30, 2011 at 2:45 AM

Holy batcrap. Someone said Guilianni. He’s about as conservative as Shepard Smith.

HornetSting on June 30, 2011 at 2:45 AM

unseen on June 30, 2011 at 2:41 AM

Are you sure you didn’t do this?..:)

Dire Straits on June 30, 2011 at 2:46 AM

MadisonConservative on June 30, 2011 at 2:42 AM

Say whatever you want, Obama at least got elected to a statewide position even though I should qualified my statement with executive position. SO, yes, unseen is wrong. Bachamnn polls lower than Obama in that regard.

promachus on June 30, 2011 at 2:47 AM

alwaysfiredup on June 30, 2011 at 2:44 AM

Awesome. I produce Sarah Palin stating her support for a Constitutional Marriage Amendment, and you come back with…her re-tweeting a conservative radio host reacting to the clashing over DADT. Your honor, I cannot continue under this withering redirect. Please, declare a mistrial. Spare me further carnage.

MadisonConservative on June 30, 2011 at 2:47 AM

That’s kind of nutty talk, don’t you think?

Knucklehead on June 30, 2011 at 2:45 AM

Per Bristol that would have to be a Sarah Palin skirt.

Schadenfreude on June 30, 2011 at 2:47 AM

alwaysfiredup on June 30, 2011 at 2:44 AM

\\

palin is more a believe rin personal conduct instea dof having the government tell you what you should or should not do. she still isn’t a supporter of gay marriage but she hasn’t called ofr a marragie amendment as far as i know. I don’t pay attention much to the “social issues” except for abortion. that is murder IMO and something the government has every right to be involved with.

unseen on June 30, 2011 at 2:47 AM

In all her five years of legislative experience why was she not able to get even a single law in her name? She’s not a serious legislator. IN her time in Alaska, Palin amnaged to pass AGIA, ACES, ethics reform and sundry other things and finished her policy agenda in just three years.

I don’t want firebrand conservative for presidnet, I want a reformer who achieves results. Like Palin. Like Guiliani. Like Walker though he’s not running. I would have supported Rudy but he’s not viable on a GOP ticket because of his abortion stances, so I switched to Palin.

These people have shown that they can not only talk but also deliver the goods. What has Bachmann done?

I can even overlook her lack of legislative experience but what has Bachmann done? If you can, madcon, answer the question straightforwardly. Otherwise, stop imputing false motives to Palin supporters.

promachus on June 30, 2011 at 2:42 AM

Still waiting for your answer.

promachus on June 30, 2011 at 2:48 AM

dec5 on June 30, 2011 at 2:36 AM

Sorry, dec5, I was disagreeing with all those ott comparisons. This comparing her to Churchill today was a new one but not nearly as ott as some others I’ve seen.

Aslans Girl on June 30, 2011 at 2:48 AM

MadisonConservative on June 30, 2011 at 2:47 AM

I told you I wasn’t referring to gay marriage. You took off on that by yourself.

alwaysfiredup on June 30, 2011 at 2:48 AM

That’s kind of nutty talk, don’t you think?

Knucklehead on June 30, 2011 at 2:45 AM

Naw, you see, that’s the kind of “objective criticism” that people should address rationally about Bachmann.

MadisonConservative on June 30, 2011 at 2:48 AM

Schadenfreude on June 30, 2011 at 2:47 AM

LOL!..:)

Dire Straits on June 30, 2011 at 2:48 AM

alwaysfiredup on June 30, 2011 at 2:48 AM

It’s the top gay issue. You seem very concerned about gay rights. You care if it’s Bachmann being against it, but not if Palin is, because it ruins your argument. Sorry.

MadisonConservative on June 30, 2011 at 2:49 AM

promachus on June 30, 2011 at 2:45 AM

That is not an accusation but the truth, stated by many here for the past year. You have chosen to ignore it and attack with your flyswatter and call anyone who brings it up a “hater”, “troll”, “moron”, “stupid” etc, etc, etc.

Knucklehead on June 30, 2011 at 2:50 AM

promachus on June 30, 2011 at 2:47 AM

Somehow, I think polls are the last thing you want to talk about when you’re fanatically boosting Palin and trying to eliminate Bachmann as competition.

MadisonConservative on June 30, 2011 at 2:51 AM

It’s the top gay issue.

I don’t care. I have no use for it.

You seem very concerned about gay rights.

Okay. In some areas, I am. In others, it’s unnecessary.

MadisonConservative on June 30, 2011 at 2:49 AM

I’m really trying to be honest with you, MadCon. It’s a shame you won’t take me at my word.

alwaysfiredup on June 30, 2011 at 2:51 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on June 30, 2011 at 2:41 AM

I remember those posts, but not the reply you got, lol! “You just don’t know it yet” smacks to elitism to me.

Thanks for the giggle.

Oh, and thanks for leaving water out for the hot TX kitties!

Aslans Girl on June 30, 2011 at 2:52 AM

Do I hate you
And your Red, White and Blue?
With my golf game score depression
Damn uppity Tea Party insurrection
With the old folks whining about their fate
Like I should care or have time to contemplate
My TSA is only being thorough
That’s why into your whitey private parts they must burrow
For 20 years I sat before my mentor Jeremiah Wright
Who taught me well that the US is a total rotten blight
My dear church picked Farrakhan man of the year
I learned whites and Jews I should hate and fear
On you my subjects, taxes and regulation, I’m a big time raisin’.
Giving cash to union campaign cronies brazen
I disparage Ben Netanyahu
That pushy arrogant dirty Jew
How dare he question my authority
On anything minority?
I’ve arranged for the Arab spring
Now you ask me such a thing?

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on June 30, 2011 at 2:52 AM

You can’t even argue rationally…

So what does a rational argument look like?

…you sure are an illogical pr*k.

promachus on June 30, 2011 at 2:45 AM

Ah. Okay.

MadisonConservative on June 30, 2011 at 2:52 AM

MadisonConservative on June 30, 2011 at 2:44 AM

Obama is in over his head his admin is out of control, he is not leading the nation he doesn’t know how even if he wanted too. it took him a year to get obamacare based, he punted on the pork stimulus, he has punted on forgiegn engagements like Libya etc and a lot of that isn’t do to his ideology it’s due to his lack of leadership skills. Personally i think its a good thing he is in over his head if not their is a good chance the country would be full socialist now. but putting someone in on the right with the same negatives in leadership skills does not strike me as a smart move.

unseen on June 30, 2011 at 2:53 AM

Knucklehead on June 30, 2011 at 2:50 AM

“Stated by many” is not a criterion for truth. ANd those “many” are supporters of other candidates who want to silence Palin brigade out of the gate with their faulty accusations of “cult”

promachus on June 30, 2011 at 2:53 AM

alwaysfiredup on June 30, 2011 at 2:51 AM

Given that you’ve dishonestly twisted my words and misrepresented my arguments a number of times today, honesty and you aren’t really on the same page in my book.

MadisonConservative on June 30, 2011 at 2:53 AM

unseen on June 30, 2011 at 2:53 AM

And you have yet to explain what that has to do with Palin.

MadisonConservative on June 30, 2011 at 2:54 AM

And you have yet to explain what that has to do with PalinBachmann.

MadisonConservative on June 30, 2011 at 2:54 AM

Ugh. It’s late. Have fun, folks.

MadisonConservative on June 30, 2011 at 2:55 AM

MadisonConservative on June 30, 2011 at 2:53 AM

I guess you can think what you want to think, then. All I can do is say what I believe. I’m done. G’night.

alwaysfiredup on June 30, 2011 at 2:55 AM

Aslans Girl on June 30, 2011 at 2:52 AM

You’re welcome.
As far as the the other thing: I’m almost 41. I’m not I’m the market for a ‘mother-figure’-I’m in the market for a president.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 30, 2011 at 2:55 AM

MadisonConservative on June 30, 2011 at 2:55 AM

Later Friend..:)

Dire Straits on June 30, 2011 at 2:56 AM

promachus on June 30, 2011 at 2:47 AM

You have no idea what you’re talking about now, do you? Go back and do some research on how and why Obama got elected here in Illinois. You might want to start with Jack Ryan and go from there.

Obama was not elected in Illinois, he won default and playing dirty.

Knucklehead on June 30, 2011 at 2:57 AM

MadisonConservative on June 30, 2011 at 2:51 AM

I didn’t mean to refder to media polls but just use it as a verb. It’s like you to highlight a secondary issue and forget the main one. I am still waiting for your answer on Bachmann’s accomplishments.

From dictionary.com poll

any counting or enumeration: a poll of the number of men with long hair

promachus on June 30, 2011 at 2:57 AM

Knucklehead on June 30, 2011 at 2:57 AM

Every Dem uses dirty tricks and some Republicans like Mittens. That makes Obama a crappy person but doesn’t lessen his win.

promachus on June 30, 2011 at 2:58 AM

promachus on June 30, 2011 at 2:53 AM

But you are a Palin cultist. I know the truth is not pleasant.

Really Right on June 30, 2011 at 2:58 AM

Palin is a loser. She is a national joke.

Obama=2nd term

rickyricardo on June 30, 2011 at 2:58 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on June 30, 2011 at 2:55 AM

Once one is a conservative, one stops looking for a “mother-figure”. Only Libs need that. Libs and their “Nanny state”; conservatives usually are too independent to need a parental figure in a politician.

Aslans Girl on June 30, 2011 at 2:59 AM

rickyricardo on June 30, 2011 at 2:58 AM

Speaking of cult-like behavior…

Random Numbers (Brian Epps) on June 30, 2011 at 3:00 AM

promachus on June 30, 2011 at 2:58 AM

Not like these dirty tricks. But keep fracking that chicken if it props up Palin and your adoration.

Knucklehead on June 30, 2011 at 3:00 AM

Knucklehead on June 30, 2011 at 2:57 AM

Amen. As an Illinoisan, ITA.

Speaking of Ryan, I wish he’d make a comeback. There was some rumour several months ago that he might, but I’ve heard nothing since. I liked that guy.

Aslans Girl on June 30, 2011 at 3:01 AM

Good grief. If you equate effusive enthusiasm to shrieking attacks against anyone who thinks she isn’t perfect, or to comparing other conservative candidates to Obama, then you’re certifiable. Shame on you for being weak-minded and drawn to personality over positions.

MadisonConservative on June 30, 2011 at 2:39 AM

No it’s not what I’m talking about and you know it.

I’m tired of folks assigning motivations behind people’s support or lack thereof for someone.

And again… I like her personality…but I’m drawn to her record of accomplishments, her political positions, her stamina in the face of adversity and her ability to think fast and respond to problems unconventionally.

As for Michele Bachmann…the comparison that I saw to Obama raised a legitimate point. The person wasn’t suggesting she was a communist…only that her record of accomplishments was weak. That’s not cult-like devotion talking. That’s asking what has she done that would indicate she’s qualified to be elected to the most important and demanding executive position in the world.

powerpro on June 30, 2011 at 3:01 AM

dec5 on June 30, 2011 at 2:36 AM

Aslans Girl on June 30, 2011 at 2:48 AM

It’s cool -Aslan’s Girl, I know there is a difference of
opinions here. Fortunately we Conservatives have the core values to unite once a candidate is chosen. Most of my
fellow Republicans friends have debated me on my Palin
support. I tell them, at least in my eyes, I see she has what Reagan had. He took so many hits and survived with his faith and got his mission done. I am not saying the other folks don’t have what it takes to win the Presidency, but at least to me Sarah makes it clear what has to be done.
Cut taxes, drill on our own land for oil, and support Israel.
No compromise on these points….That is what most folks
want these days.
BTW
Good to see a fellow MKForum person here..:lol

dec5 on June 30, 2011 at 3:02 AM

Aslans Girl on June 30, 2011 at 3:01 AM

As a former Illinoisan I concur!

annoyinglittletwerp on June 30, 2011 at 3:03 AM

promachus on June 30, 2011 at 2:58 AM

Does Mitt have a record of running off the ballot nearly every candidate he ever had to face? I know Mitt is faaaaar from perfect, but I don’t think anyone’s got Obama beat in that area. Obama did it way back in his early days. It was a surprise that he didn’t run McCain off the ballot, too. But I guess he didn’t need to, McCain stopped running before the Election (“Fight”! yeah, right).

Aslans Girl on June 30, 2011 at 3:03 AM

I don’t recall Palin making a bunch of statements concerning gays that will come back and haunt her?

Punchenko on June 30, 2011 at 3:03 AM

So Mad Con has slunk away without answering my repeated questions about Bachmann’s accomplishments. Figures. All cowardly trolls do the same. They can’t but run away from the fact that Bachmann has zero acoomplishments in her time in congress.

promachus on June 30, 2011 at 3:04 AM

Aslans Girl on June 30, 2011 at 3:01 AM

The IRC had no business recruiting Keyes.
IMHO the IRC are worthless germ!

annoyinglittletwerp on June 30, 2011 at 3:05 AM

Palin is a loser. She is a national joke.

Obama=2nd term

rickyricardo on June 30, 2011 at 2:58 AM

If she wins, it will be worth the struggle to change minds now. She has the fire….and it burns brightly.

dec5 on June 30, 2011 at 3:05 AM

That’s kind of nutty talk, don’t you think?

Knucklehead on June 30, 2011 at 2:45 AM

Well it’s a vivid image…and frankly it’s a little disturbing imagining Obama wearing a skirt… ;)

But I think the point the person was trying to make, like I said above, is that we have a president now who has never had any executive experience before in his entire life. He’s never run anything. What record of leadership experience can Bachmann forward as a contrast to his paper thin resume?

powerpro on June 30, 2011 at 3:05 AM

Aslans Girl on June 30, 2011 at 3:03 AM

That still doesn’t change the fact that he got elected to a statewide office if not an executive office. Bachmann didn’t even accomplish that much. How Obama got there is irrelevant to the argument.

promachus on June 30, 2011 at 3:06 AM

promachus on June 30, 2011 at 3:04 AM

MadCon’s been at HA a lot longer than you have
He’s not cowardly and he’s NOT a troll!

annoyinglittletwerp on June 30, 2011 at 3:06 AM

250 comments to go! 1000 or bust baby!!!!

Random Numbers (Brian Epps) on June 30, 2011 at 3:07 AM

Ugh. It’s late. Have fun, folks.

MadisonConservative on June 30, 2011 at 2:55 AM

finally something we can agree on.

unseen on June 30, 2011 at 3:07 AM

promachus on June 30, 2011 at 3:04 AM

No executive experience. No economic experience. No foreign policy experience. What does she have going for her, exactly, other than she is the lady who isn’t Sarah Palin?

Punchenko on June 30, 2011 at 3:07 AM

promachus on June 30, 2011 at 3:04 AM

MadCon a troll? Hardly. When was the last time you wrote an article down in the Green Room? When all else fails, turn on the snark and shout TROLL!

Knucklehead on June 30, 2011 at 3:07 AM

It’s 0200-ish.
My cat-occupied bed calls.
‘Night all.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 30, 2011 at 3:08 AM

MadisonConservative on June 30, 2011 at 2:48 AM

There were a couple of people the other night who were vowing to get revenge on the ‘Nistas, over Bachmann, in a very nasty way. Would you mind condemning that attitude, too, while you are waxing superior?

Unseen has made a lot of stupid statements of late, but singling him out and ignoring the lousy behavior of the anti-Palin bots isn’t cool.

Then again, neither is voting for a candidate solely because they are highest in the polls.

JannyMae on June 30, 2011 at 3:09 AM

MadCon’s been at HA a lot longer than you have
He’s not cowardly and he’s NOT a troll!

annoyinglittletwerp on June 30, 2011 at 3:06 AM

I agree 100%..:):)

Dire Straits on June 30, 2011 at 3:10 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on June 30, 2011 at 2:55 AM

Aslans Girl on June 30, 2011 at 2:59 AM

the nation needs a leader. it doesn’t matter if its a man or a woman. We need a leader and the only person that has shown leadership of the possible candidates is Gov Palin.

unseen on June 30, 2011 at 3:11 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on June 30, 2011 at 3:08 AM

Later friend..:)

Dire Straits on June 30, 2011 at 3:11 AM

MadCon’s been at HA a lot longer than you have
He’s not cowardly and he’s NOT a troll!

annoyinglittletwerp on June 30, 2011 at 3:06 AM

But he also did not answer a valid question. He hemmed and hawed and sneered at the “cultists” but pointedly avoided the question.

Sorry, ALT, it seems to be a bit – shall we say – less than direct form of debate?

Random Numbers (Brian Epps) on June 30, 2011 at 3:11 AM

Palin is a loser. She is a national joke.

Obama=2nd term

rickyricardo on June 30, 2011 at 2:58 AM

She’ll win and win big. Most folks are sheep looking for a bandwagon to jump on. Obama’s election was once such instance of this happening. People wanted to be caught up in the *history*, *the CHANGE*, and the *hope* of it all — so they got on board. They bought into Obama without really knowing why. It was the energy and the momentum that propelled him over (that, and a collapsing economy). Same thing can happen for Sarah. She’s fresh, new, and original. She also has plenty of time to reintroduce herself — without McCain — and make her case for the country.

Punchenko on June 30, 2011 at 3:11 AM

promachus on June 30, 2011 at 3:04 AM

madcon is not a troll. a grouch at times sure but he is a good debater he doesn’t troll like cdseven or hollowpoint.

unseen on June 30, 2011 at 3:13 AM

unseen on June 30, 2011 at 3:11 AM

That is your opinion and clearly not that of the rest of the country. All polls don’t lie. Please get out into the real world and ask real people what they think.

You are in for a rude awakening.

Over and out.

Knucklehead on June 30, 2011 at 3:13 AM

Punchenko on June 30, 2011 at 3:11 AM

Don’t bother with dicky. It only listens to the voices in it’s head.

Random Numbers (Brian Epps) on June 30, 2011 at 3:14 AM

dec5 on June 30, 2011 at 3:02 AM

I always smile when I see your name from MKF. We might disagree on Palin, but not on core principles. I will vote for her in the general should she win the primary. But, I’m hoping for Perry or Bachmann (they both are strong supporters of Israel, too: Perry received an award from Israel and Bachmann lived in a kibbutz). And Santorum — talk about keeping your values and faith intact after being put through a Left onslaught! That man is so strong.

Aslans Girl on June 30, 2011 at 3:14 AM

MadCon’s been at HA a lot longer than you have
He’s not cowardly and he’s NOT a troll!

annoyinglittletwerp on June 30, 2011 at 3:06 AM

Really? I’ve been there since HA began.

promachus on June 30, 2011 at 3:16 AM

You are in for a rude awakening.

Over and out.

Knucklehead on June 30, 2011 at 3:13 AM

They said the Soviet Union would not fall in our life times too…and it did.

Palin still scares the Left like no other….

That’s got to mean something.

dec5 on June 30, 2011 at 3:17 AM

First…!

Seven Percent Solution on June 30, 2011 at 3:18 AM

Why did Bachmann live on a kibbutz?

Punchenko on June 30, 2011 at 3:18 AM

You are in for a rude awakening.

Over and out.

Knucklehead on June 30, 2011 at 3:13 AM

i ask them all the time. two years ago they laughed at the cocept. Now people all over tell me they would vote for Palin in a NY minute. the turth gets out. If you are basing your view on skewed polls you are the one that will be awakened.

1500 people don’t show up in a Mall for a book signing for anyone. Maybe Obama could get that. doubtful but maybe. 1000+ people don’t come to a small town in IA for nothing. Obama wouldn’t be able to do that. Palin is very well loved in every place even her bus tour showed she had support in the NE.

the only hill left for Palin to climb is to show she is ready for the POTUS. and that can only come via campaign.

unseen on June 30, 2011 at 3:19 AM

First…!

Seven Percent Solution on June 30, 2011 at 3:18 AM

thanks I needed the laugh

unseen on June 30, 2011 at 3:20 AM

You are in for a rude awakening.

Over and out.

Knucklehead

Only a Palin bubblehead could believe this woman has a prayer on a national level. She is laughed off as a joke in almost any converstion I have with both righties and lefties. From NY to TN, from TX to CA, I have yet to meet more than a handfull who say they could vote for her.

Yes, these Palinbots are in for a rude awakening indeed.

rickyricardo on June 30, 2011 at 3:20 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on June 30, 2011 at 3:05 AM

I know. I love Alan Keyes, I supported him in his ’96 POTUS run (though I was too young to vote) and voted for him in the ’00 primary. But he turned into the caricature the Left had always painted him as. Plus, he wasn’t even from IL. SURELY, surely there was some Republican in the State House or Senate they could’ve begged? Remember Ditka was going to and then bailed? Were they all afraid of O after what he did to Ryan and all his other opponents? Maybe so. Things that make one think, “hmmmmmmm”.

Aslans Girl on June 30, 2011 at 3:21 AM

Really? I’ve been there since HA began.

promachus on June 30, 2011 at 3:16 AM

for the life of me I can’t remember when I started posting on here. It was when they were still doing those videos of Malkin and her husband been awhile.

unseen on June 30, 2011 at 3:21 AM

Don’t bother with dicky. It only listens to the voices in it’s head.

Random Numbers (Brian Epps) on June 30, 2011 at 3:14 AM

Oops! Little typo there.

Strangely appropriate, though.

Random Numbers (Brian Epps) on June 30, 2011 at 3:22 AM

dream ticket? Palin/Bachmann 2012 in a word?

AWESOME

mathewsjw on June 30, 2011 at 3:22 AM

unseen on June 30, 2011 at 3:13 AM

A good debarter? Is taht why he ignored my direct question baout Bachmann’s accomplishments but had the time to pick on my latter statement on polling and conveniently misunderstand “poll”. That’s not an honest debater.

promachus on June 30, 2011 at 3:23 AM

dec5 on June 30, 2011 at 3:02 AM

Aslans Girl on June 30, 2011 at 3:14 AM

:lol Thanks. It’s great to see your name too. We should
get other posters to come…Corbon was here before,I think.
Or maybe on Malkin’s site. I forget.

BTW It is great Michell Kwan is working in Washington DC.
That girl is going places..:lol

dec5 on June 30, 2011 at 3:23 AM

Punchenko on June 30, 2011 at 3:03 AM

Her retweeting Bruce’s liberal “anyone who doesn’t support repealing DADT is hinding something” should certainly come back to haunt her at least with conservatives. It was particularly disgusting since it was McCain who was leading the charge in the Senate to block the repeal. A man she campaigned for in 2010! The implications of “hiding something” is unfathomable.

Aslans Girl on June 30, 2011 at 3:24 AM

Kirin on June 30, 2011 at 2:43 AM

Nice post..I agree with you 100%..:)

Dire Straits on June 30, 2011 at 3:24 AM

Aslans Girl on June 30, 2011 at 3:21 AM

alan Keyes? seriously? never saw what people saw in him seemed like a user to me.

unseen on June 30, 2011 at 3:24 AM

You are in for a rude awakening.

Over and out.

Knucklehead on June 30, 2011 at 3:13 AM

This is very true, Knuck…but a few things if you’ll indulge me.

Polls at this stage are good for kind of taking the temperature of the people at any given moment. Nothing more. You know who was in the lead per the polls in 2007? Hillary and Rudy. He was considered the electable Republican and McCain was fading in the polls.

But… as reality and a vigorous campaign…both intervened.

Before being elected, both Scott Brown and Marco Rubio were total long shots, per the polls. If both candidates had taken their dismal numbers as gospel, neither would have bothered and we’d have Senators Coakley and Crist in the upper chamber.

Palin’s record of accomplishments, her principles, her ability to adapt and adjust to adverse circumstances make her an ideal candidate.

Of course, the poll numbers aren’t great for her right now but then…that’s kind of the point of a campaign, no? Otherwise, anyone not named Mitt Romney wouldn’t even bother since the polls have him consistently in the lead.

So when she announces, it will be her job to clear up misconceptions, communicate her vision for America and why she believes she’s the right person for the job. If she does, she wins. If she doesn’t, she’ll back whoever does.

But God help us all if we start looking at poll numbers as though they were chiseled in stone and handed down on Mt. Sinai.

powerpro on June 30, 2011 at 3:24 AM

*But… as reality and a vigorous campaign both intervened, AS THEY OFTEN DO.

pimf

powerpro on June 30, 2011 at 3:26 AM

OOps…That’s Ice Skater Michelle Kwan who has been working for 2 administrations now. Would love to see her work for a 3rd.
Hopefully a Conservative Republican administration on Jan 2013. :lol

dec5 on June 30, 2011 at 3:27 AM

promachus on June 30, 2011 at 3:23 AM

well he had no answer for that. and he couldn;t admit we are correct becaus ethan bachmann becomes unelectable. The comparisions are spot on and the only difference between the two ar eones of ideology and while I agree with bachmann’s stance on most issues i am not going to elect a non executive experienced person to POTUS.

But for the most part madcon will debate you striaght up he gits defensive and grouchy but he isn’t anywhere like hollowpoint and Vyce and Cdseven who just troll to start fights and then run away

unseen on June 30, 2011 at 3:27 AM

promachus on June 30, 2011 at 3:06 AM

It changes everything! What part of “Obama got his opponents kicked off the ballot therefore he was not really ‘elected‘” (there was practically no choice for the voter, it was like Saddam’s kind of ballot), do you not understand?

Aslans Girl on June 30, 2011 at 3:28 AM

powerpro on June 30, 2011 at 3:24 AM

it is about all they got left to hang their hat on.

unseen on June 30, 2011 at 3:30 AM

Aslans Girl on June 30, 2011 at 3:24 AM

That wasn’t what the tweet said so the rest of your post is irrelevant babbling.

powerpro on June 30, 2011 at 3:30 AM

unseen on June 30, 2011 at 3:24 AM

Yeah, I wonder what Jeanne Kirkpatrick was thinking when she supported him anyway. ///

Aslans Girl on June 30, 2011 at 3:31 AM

anyone read the new book by matt lewis? Just wondering if it was worth picking up

unseen on June 30, 2011 at 3:32 AM

Aslans Girl on June 30, 2011 at 3:28 AM

I’ll try again. That may change the moral nature of the victory but it doesn’t change the fact that he won a statewide office. And if it wasn’t legal, he would not have been able to remove those people off the ballot. Thanks for playing. What youa re saying is an additional datum, an itneresting datum, but totally irrelevant to the fact Obama was elected senator of Illinoi, whereas Bachmann never held a statewide office.

promachus on June 30, 2011 at 3:33 AM

unseen on June 30, 2011 at 3:27 AM

I don’t know much about him but he’s not an honest debater which he proved tonight. I’ll take your word though.

promachus on June 30, 2011 at 3:34 AM

Aslans Girl on June 30, 2011 at 3:31 AM

I have no idea why a lot of people support other people. some are fooled, some see what they want to see some some see what others see. Might as well ask why water is wet.

For me personally I have only really ever supported two people reagan and Palin with what I would term support. i have liked several more like ellmers from my district and West but only in two have I saw the true quailities of leadership and a servant’s heart.

unseen on June 30, 2011 at 3:36 AM

unseen on June 30, 2011 at 3:27 AM

While I find you to be excessively enthusiastic and sometimes wish you could curb that a bit (try writing as if your dad was reading over your shoulder), I tend to agree with the substance of your comments.
MadCon could have just turned to William Jacobson’s excellent response to those concerns and this thread would have been a lot shorter.

Random Numbers (Brian Epps) on June 30, 2011 at 3:37 AM

I was right in my suspicion. This freaking Fergus fellow is a Romney supporter. C4p has the goods on him.

This freaking nonsense is spread by Mittbots. How transparent they are.

promachus on June 30, 2011 at 3:38 AM

promachus on June 30, 2011 at 3:34 AM

well we never saw eye to eye on most issues. He was a big Ryan supporter i’m not. but he seems above board. take it for what that’s worth. your milage may differ

unseen on June 30, 2011 at 3:39 AM

unseen on June 30, 2011 at 3:39 AM

I’m not a big Ryan supporter wither. I think Gov.Palin made a mistake tying herself to his plan. She should come up with her own plan but I think she’ll do that during the campaign.

promachus on June 30, 2011 at 3:44 AM

Random Numbers (Brian Epps) on June 30, 2011 at 3:37 AM

yeah i read that piece and while I agreed with him on the fact the dems controlled congress it still didn’t explain why she did get any minority leadership positions. And why she failed to get any with the new GOP house. and while the dems would have stopped any really conservative bill to pass there were opputunities for amendments. and like i told Madcon her votes and outspokeness on tarp and the auto bailouts were pluses for me.

My entire point was more that she has no execuitve experience.

unseen on June 30, 2011 at 3:45 AM