New Obama deficit talking point: The GOP loves corporate jets or something

posted at 8:50 pm on June 29, 2011 by Allahpundit

Six separate mentions during today’s presser, according to Jim Geraghty. So unfair and heavy-handed is this line of attack that even lefty Greg Sargent felt obliged to gently debunk it, noting that eliminating the tax break for corporate jets would net just $3 billion over 10 years. (Bonus fun fact: The tax break for jets was introduced in Obama’s own stimulus.) But it’s good election messaging, and as we know from O’s short-circuiting of the Afghanistan surge and his total cowardice on entitlement reform, there’s nothing he won’t do to position himself better for the election. He’s got two birds with one stone here, watering the evergreen narrative about the GOP being the “party of the rich” and building leverage for Democrats on the revenue-raising side of the debt ceiling debate. Everyone hates rich people and their damned carbon-emitting jets, right? Or rather, almost everyone.

It’s important to flag this now, though, because soon it’ll be as ubiquitous as the eternal “car’s in a ditch/Republicans are sipping a Slurpee” meme and you’ll need a reference point. Seriously, there’s nothing else for O to talk about: The economy’s such a disaster that Democratic pollsters are warning him to drop the rhetoric about “recovery” altogether because it makes him sound like an imbecile. As such, by late July, you’ll be so weary of corporate jets that you’ll find yourself thinking, “How long has he been mumbling about corporate jets? Two years now, maybe?” Nope. But it’ll feel like two years.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I know who else likes to ride luxury jets, and her name rhymes with “Michelle Obama”.

Bishop on June 29, 2011 at 8:54 PM

This guy was spooky scary today…

d1carter on June 29, 2011 at 8:54 PM

He’ll find someway to tax corporate jets unless you contribute to him. It will be an executive order.

Cindy Munford on June 29, 2011 at 8:55 PM

Well, they are pretty cool and if they can afford them and the shareholders allow them, fine by me. I mean Obama has ours always on standby and he is wearing it out!

bluemarlin on June 29, 2011 at 8:55 PM

Up next: The GOP is flying the plane, but it’s out of gas while Michele Bachmann and Sarah Palin continue to serve pretzels down the aisles.

SouthernGent on June 29, 2011 at 8:56 PM

Middle Class people BUILD those jets, Middle Class people MAINTAIN those jets, Middle Class people FLY those jets, Middle Class people DESIGN those jets, Middle Class people LOAD those jets … tell me again how these jets hurt the economy.

Tony737 on June 29, 2011 at 8:56 PM

This guy was spooky scary today…
d1carter on June 29, 2011 at 8:54 PM

Yep, PBHO’s devolving into that Chavez type of rhetoric “Look at all these fat cats around us….wouldn’t you like to, you know, take care of ‘em?”

Bishop on June 29, 2011 at 8:57 PM

Cindy Munford on June 29, 2011 at 8:55 PM

Lol. Coming soon, Corporate Jet Waivers.

joejm65 on June 29, 2011 at 8:57 PM

I guess Obama forgot that his stimulus included tax incentives for people buying jets to promote private jet sales.

Washington Nearsider on June 29, 2011 at 8:57 PM

Remember when the Donks wanted to impose a “luxury tax” on yachts?

Somebody forgot to tell them that blue collar union workers BUILD those eeeeeevil boats!

Tony737 on June 29, 2011 at 8:58 PM

This guy was spooky scary today…
d1carter on June 29, 2011 at 8:54 PM

Bishop on June 29, 2011 at 8:57 PM

Yeah but he and Chavez broke up when Chavez went after golf courses!

bluemarlin on June 29, 2011 at 8:58 PM

Hmmm…what does this make me think of? Oh yeah.

MadisonConservative on June 29, 2011 at 8:59 PM

People who think they’re entitled to private jets for themselves and their families are just selfish and evil.

/Nancy Pelosi

malclave on June 29, 2011 at 8:59 PM

Given these two items, let him have it. Republicans can go to the microphones, say “If Obama wants to end a tax break that he created with his stimulus that will only net $3 billion dollars over 10 years when our deficit is $14 trillion, we’re more than happy to work with him in exchange for cuts cuts cuts and more cuts.”

Where am I wrong here? Am I missing an optics angle somewhere?

Rogue on June 29, 2011 at 9:00 PM

Texas poll: Obama 47, Corporate Jet 42

faraway on June 29, 2011 at 9:01 PM

I thought that the tax breaks were only for planes purchased in 2009 and delivered in 2010. Surely congress wouldn’t rescind the tax breaks retroactively.

Also, the “breaks” were actually accelerated depreciation, which is only a delay in paying the same tax!

topdog on June 29, 2011 at 9:01 PM

Hopey/Changey is Morphing into GaffeBiden!!

canopfor on June 29, 2011 at 9:01 PM

Begun, the class wars has!

Obama doesn’t realize that a whole industry he’s demonizing. People buy the planes that people make, and people service the planes, pilots fly the planes, gas companies fuel the plane.

That’s a lot of people he wants to put out of work.

Kini on June 29, 2011 at 9:02 PM

I’ve said it before – it’s like dog years. Everything about this President feels like it’s been going on seven times longer.

By this measure, he’s been POTUS for sixteen years. Yep, that’s what it feels like.

disa on June 29, 2011 at 9:02 PM

Lets see,Defence Cuts,sounds logical,after all
the War on Terror is over,Taliban are defeated,
and OBL has been snuffed out!
(sarc).

canopfor on June 29, 2011 at 9:03 PM

The President that was supposed to usher in a “new tone” has certainly done nothing but beat a tired one.

blatantblue on June 29, 2011 at 9:03 PM

Tony737 on June 29, 2011 at 8:56 PM

That’s what I was thinking, I bet that is some decent revenue from a lot of folks.

Cindy Munford on June 29, 2011 at 9:04 PM

First it was doctors that want to cut off feet at $40K a pop.

Kini on June 29, 2011 at 9:06 PM

I want a jet. “O” thinks my family business can afford one but I’m just not seeing it.

I WANT a jet!

Fallon on June 29, 2011 at 9:07 PM

Krauthammer had a very humorous takedown of this on the panel tonight.

blatantblue on June 29, 2011 at 9:07 PM

What if the jets are made by union workers in Washington as opposed to the kooks with the sloped forehead in South Carolina?

SouthernGent on June 29, 2011 at 9:07 PM

Meanwhile his wide bottom wife comes back from yet another gig as Maria Antoinette and prepares to go on yet another one while telling the peasants to eat grass and kiss her arse.

HalJordan on June 29, 2011 at 9:08 PM

Out: Reagan Era
In: Gaffe Era

faraway on June 29, 2011 at 9:08 PM

That presser performance was totally embarrassing.

It is like he doesn’t even put in more effort to lie to us better.

Solid D minus. He did not get an F just because he showed up.

Sir Napsalot on June 29, 2011 at 9:09 PM

Where am I wrong here? Am I missing an optics angle somewhere?

Rogue on June 29, 2011 at 9:00 PM

My guess is that Obama is creating a bargaining chip which the Republicans can easily cede in return for spending cuts and O can declare it a victory.

topdog on June 29, 2011 at 9:10 PM

Just in case Allahpundit can’t find some quotes of the day, from Ron Fournier at the National Journal:

“I’ve been doing Afghanistan, bin Laden and the Greek crisis,” Obama said, jabbing Congress for being out of session so much. “You stay here. Let’s get it done.”

In his first full-scale news conference since March, the president insisted that Democrats had compromised in private talks by agreeing to billions of dollars in budget cuts that would hurt their voters. But, he said, Republicans were refusing to bend by not agreeing to eliminate tax breaks to owners of corporate jets and profit-rich oil companies. If Republicans get their way, Obama said, the end result would be unbalanced deal that lifts the debt limit but forces the government to make deeper-than-necessary cuts.

“If we do not have revenues, that means there are a bunch of kids out there who do not have college scholarships,” Obama said. “[It] might compromise the National Weather Services. It means we might not be funding critical medical research. It means food inspection might be compromised. I’ve said to Republican leaders, ‘You go talk to your constituents and ask them, “Are you willing to compromise your kids’ safety so some corporate-jet owner can get a tax break?” ‘ ”

Just in case any viewer missed his class-clashing message, Obama referred to corporate-jet owners at least three more times before he took his second question.

This was not the first time Obama has spoken in grim terms about the consequences of cutting too deeply in order to strike a bargain that wins enough votes to raise the debt ceiling. But his rhetoric was sharper, even harsher, than in the past — and it threatens to anger Republican leaders just as he’s supposedly reaching out to them in compromise.

Three months…..and we waited for this?

Rovin on June 29, 2011 at 9:10 PM

Bishop on June 29, 2011 at 8:54 PM

Hush yo’ mouth, brotha man!

Cody1991 on June 29, 2011 at 9:10 PM

Begun, the class wars has!

Kini on June 29, 2011 at 9:02 PM

Kini:Correct you are!:)
========================

Class Warfare Election Strategy
Saturday, 25 June 2011
**********************

Democrats have settled on their strategy for the 2012 election.
++++++++++++

It basically amounts to class warfare – a tried and true Democrat chestnut.

Republicans will be assailed as the party of the “rich” that wants to hurt society’s most vulnerable citizens.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dems will paint themselves as protectors of the poor, the disadvantaged, the elderly, students, government employees, unionized workers, single moms, minorities, and others dependent upon government largess for their sustenance.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Members of these groups will be told that Democrats are their true champions – the only bulwark between them and starvation, financial ruin, denial of medical care, and even death. Social Security and Medicare are Dems’ particular favorites for scaring the elderly and their children
+++++++++++
(More…….)

canopfor on June 29, 2011 at 9:10 PM

Palin loses in a general election so might Bachmann.I wish to remove Obama for office so i will hold my nose for whomever emerges

TimeTraveler on June 29, 2011 at 9:10 PM

Do I hate you
And your Red, White and Blue?
With my golf game score depression
Damn uppity Tea Party insurrection
With the old folks whining about their fate
Like I should care or have time to contemplate
For 20 years I sat before Jeremiah Wright
Who taught me that the US was a total blight
My church picked Farrakhan man of the year
I learned whites and Jews we should hate and fear
On you taxes and regulation, I’m a big time raisin’.
Giving cash to union cronies brazen
I disparage Netanyahu
As a pushy arrogant Jew
How dare he question my authority
On anything minority?
I’ve arranged for Arab’s spring
Now you ask me such a thing?

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on June 29, 2011 at 9:12 PM

His liberal friends in Hollywood are great fans of corporate jets. Class warfare is his mode of campaigning now.
Obama is not a rational mind. Fuel prices are outrageous. But is Nappy band of nasty TSA agents make business despise airline transportation and look to buy corporate aircraft.

seven on June 29, 2011 at 9:13 PM

Arrive early, wait in line, crammed like cattle, wait to get off, wait for luggage, hope connections click…any major corp who doesn’t use private jets (or heli’s), is wasting money, they ain’t too smart.

right2bright on June 29, 2011 at 9:14 PM

Who are these feeble-minded insects that buy into this class warfare tripe?

Oh, I know…the “Hopenchange” Obama base of welfare queens, losers and slugs.

Listen up Obastard. Those “evil” corporate jets are the last bastion of American dominance in manufacturing and innovation in the world.

Now, this asshat wants to turn Wichita into another Detroit by demonizing the people that actually PRODUCE in this country, hire people and PAY for their purchases and services.

When he went on this rant, he crossed my final line in the sand.

We are struggling to survive in SPITE of this economy, and anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together knows that this is 100% intentional on his part.

You demonize “corporate jet owners”, you kill manufacturing at Gulfstream in Savanah, GA, Cessna & Hawker Beech in Wichita and many others.

You impact the MRO shops who support these aircraft, you impact the OEM engine facilities, you attack the maintenance and flight crews and you devastate yet another industry.

I’ve had it! ENOUGH, you Commie P.O.S!!!!

Oh, and who was it that was flying around NY, scaring the sh*t out of the population while a certain taxpayer-funded flying campaign bus was doing a photo shoot? That’s right…it was you, you freaking a$$clown.

Flyboy on June 29, 2011 at 9:15 PM

Fewer people with private jets, more people for the TSA to fondle.

Little Nell on June 29, 2011 at 9:15 PM

TimeTraveler on June 29, 2011 at 9:10 PM

So, your a time traveling psychic. I’m putting my money on President Palin. If you’ll vote for whomever emerges, you’ll vote for Palin and your statement is gratuitous.

Fallon on June 29, 2011 at 9:16 PM

Someone once posted him standing in front of bright gold curtains without the Presidential American flag background makes it look like he’s speaking from a mosque. I think about that every time.

Marcus on June 29, 2011 at 9:16 PM

canopfor on June 29, 2011 at 9:10 PM

He can’t run on his record, so he uses his “distraction” to deflect

Kini on June 29, 2011 at 9:17 PM

This is one of MANY EXAMPLES that really ramps up my disgust for anyone that has even the slightest shred of respect for this bastard…

HE LIES EVERY TIME HE OPENS HIS BLOW HOLE and you BRAINDEAD A$$HOLES just blow it off!!!

BigWyo on June 29, 2011 at 9:17 PM

Remember when the Donks wanted to impose a “luxury tax” on yachts?

Tony737 on June 29, 2011 at 8:58 PM

After a few months, Ted Kennedy (the tax everything) was begging to have that tax repealed, one of the big disasters, that put hundreds of people out of work.

right2bright on June 29, 2011 at 9:18 PM

I do hope that there is not another Manufactured
CRISIS like 2008,with TARP,that SCARED AMERICANS TO DEATH!

canopfor on June 29, 2011 at 9:18 PM

Nancy Pelosi hardest hit.

Kirin on June 29, 2011 at 9:18 PM

Will Obama ditch AF1 for the bullet train once he is finished “winning the future?”

Jon Fezzik on June 29, 2011 at 9:19 PM

canopfor on June 29, 2011 at 9:10 PM
He can’t run on his record, so he uses his “distraction” to deflect

Kini on June 29, 2011 at 9:17 PM

Kini:You nailed it,his record and his very own words
should be used against him,in the upcoming election,
the ads will write themselves!:)

canopfor on June 29, 2011 at 9:20 PM

If Obowma stands in front a room full of reporters and lies his a%s off for over half an hour…

… does it make any noise?

Seven Percent Solution on June 29, 2011 at 9:20 PM

Fewer people with private jets, more people for the TSA to fondle.

Little Nell on June 29, 2011 at 9:15 PM

Obama’s TSA is only being thorough
That’s why into your whitey body parts they must burrow

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on June 29, 2011 at 9:21 PM

Republicans need to hit back over and over and over and over and over again that the tax break for jets was in the DEMOCRATS STIMULUS BILL. The one that the racist Republican’s and Tea Party didn’t want.

ramrants on June 29, 2011 at 9:21 PM

If Obama wants to piss off affluent people and motivate them to support the GOP so the feds don’t seize their jet, that’s fine by me.

pedestrian on June 29, 2011 at 9:23 PM

Good Lord I loathe this man. I was out for lunch today when the presser came on right in my line of sight. I switched seats with my 7 year old son because I can’t even stand the sight of his smug face. Gag.

BTW, my son noticed the Won on TV and said, “Hey Mom, it’s that guy that the man on the radio is always yelling about.” I guess those Mark Levin lessons are sinking in. :)

Nikkia2112 on June 29, 2011 at 9:24 PM

Heres the Official RINO List,for Resource!
——————————————-

Search for RINOs:
List of Republicans who voted for TARP
***************************************

canopfor on June 29, 2011 at 9:24 PM

I know some folks who make 200 grand or more a year. You know how many of them have flown on a corporate jet much less chartered or owned one?

(I’ll give you a hint. The answer is one of Obama’s nicknames. And no, it’s not “The One”.)

Doughboy on June 29, 2011 at 9:24 PM

Marcus on June 29, 2011 at 9:16 PM

You are not alone, I heard that at work today by several people while he was on. I was surprised as most of those same people hardly ever talk politics, that back drop is horrible!

bluemarlin on June 29, 2011 at 9:24 PM

… does it make any noise?

Seven Percent Solution on June 29, 2011 at 9:20 PM

It sounds like Charlie Brown’s teacher and makes as much sense.

darwin-t on June 29, 2011 at 9:25 PM

… does it make any noise?

Seven Percent Solution on June 29, 2011 at 9:20 PM

Senen Percent Solution:The camera lenses,gently weep!:)

canopfor on June 29, 2011 at 9:25 PM

Obama’s TSA is only being thorough
That’s why into your whitey body parts they must burrow

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on June 29, 2011 at 9:21 PM

LOL I’ve never seen you post before. Are you new here?

cynccook on June 29, 2011 at 9:25 PM

Doughboy on June 29, 2011 at 9:24 PM

We don’t even fly business class unless it’s a corporate trip.

cynccook on June 29, 2011 at 9:26 PM

All of this from a nitwit who has the BIGGEST, taxpayer funded corporate jet(s) of all.

And he doesn’t see the irony. Idiocy running rampant.

There is something seriously wrong with this guy. He’s a buffoon, a tool, an idiot. But he’s finally breaking down. He can’t keep it up much longer.

Cody1991 on June 29, 2011 at 9:27 PM

Could someone please remind Obama regarding NANCY PELOSI’S temper tantrums over her innate rights to have total , complete unfettered access to a G5 (or better) for whatever and whenever she wanted one during her tenure as Speaker. I think it is a worthwhile OAOTD.

Second, isn’t this also putting a crimp in the business jet industry? Didn’t we (the prez) just get a lesson a week ago that replacing bank tellers with ATMs (which really didn’t reduce the number of tellers in the first place) was a good thing as the technologically advanced ATMs resulted in more higher quality, better paying jobs that essentially hourly, minimum wage tellers? Can’t he ever stay on message?

The hypocrisy is breath taking.

parke on June 29, 2011 at 9:30 PM

Brilliant move by the President! He’s put the Republicans in the position of having to defend this loophole for the wealthy.

And Eric Cantor swallowed the bait by scoffing that closing the loophole would “only” save about $2 billion!

The Obama campaign ads practically write themselves, thanks to the Republicans.

chumpThreads on June 29, 2011 at 9:31 PM

Obama’s TSA is only being thorough
That’s why into your whitey body parts they must burrow

InkyBinkyBarleyBoo on June 29, 2011 at 9:21 PM

LOL I’ve never seen you post before. Are you new here?

cynccook on June 29, 2011 at 9:25 PM

He has the impudence to keep himself a secret from us all
And the arrogance to make us guess
It’s best not to know his identity, nor his address

PercyB on June 29, 2011 at 9:33 PM

He has the impudence to keep himself a secret from us all
And the arrogance to make us guess
It’s best not to know his identity, nor his address

PercyB on June 29, 2011 at 9:33 PM

I just wonder where all these new posters are coming from. They haven’t had an open registration for forever…

cynccook on June 29, 2011 at 9:35 PM

New Obama deficit talking point: The GOP loves corporate jets or something
=====================

Oh boy,its good to have a Elephant memory,we go back in time to………………………

Opposition Emerges to House’s Jet Spree
Aug 10 2009
**************
**************

WASHINGTON — Bipartisan opposition is emerging in the Senate to a plan by House lawmakers to spend $550 million for additional passenger jets for senior government officials.

Several other senators said they share the concerns and will work to oppose the funding for the jets when the legislation is taken up by the Senate in September, including Sens. John McCain (R., Ariz.,) Jack Reed (D., R.I.), Richard Burr (R., N.C.), Christopher Bond (R., Mo.) and John Thune (R., S.D.).

The funding for new planes is “a classic example of Congress being out of touch with the realities of deficit spending,” said Mr. Thune.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The Obama administration had sought $220 million to buy four passenger jets, including two that are currently being leased by the Air Force, to replace a fleet of older planes. Before leaving town for the August break, House lawmakers doubled the aircraft order to eight, at a total cost of $550 million.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
(More…………………)

canopfor on June 29, 2011 at 9:36 PM

Bonus fun fact: The tax break for jets was introduced in Obama’s own stimulus.

Why am I not surprised?

franksalterego on June 29, 2011 at 9:37 PM

cynccook on June 29, 2011 at 9:35 PM

Noticed that myself, new posters with no new open registration. I post off and on but I do read it at work all the time.

bluemarlin on June 29, 2011 at 9:39 PM

Just came home from Super Target – the rise in food prices had everybody saying “damn those corporate jet owners”

gophergirl on June 29, 2011 at 9:39 PM

SP sold the govs jet!

Sonosam on June 29, 2011 at 9:41 PM

gophergirl on June 29, 2011 at 9:39 PM

You’ll be happy to know that Target has a number of corporate jets.

Tony737 on June 29, 2011 at 8:56 PM

Yep. One of my best friends is a corporate jet pilot. Good pay and it requires a significant investment in maintenance and upkeep, all of which is done by middle class workers at airports around the country. The plane was also built in the US by an American company.

strictnein on June 29, 2011 at 9:45 PM

SP sold the govs jet!

Sonosam on June 29, 2011 at 9:41 PM

Sonosam:Another great example,veddy good!

canopfor on June 29, 2011 at 9:45 PM

New Obama deficit talking point: The GOP loves corporate jets or something

This is not about corporate jets, nor prop planes, nor party affiliation – see Claire McCaskill.

For those that can, flying private is the only way to travel.

Commercial flying is nothing less than an exercise in futility.

rukiddingme on June 29, 2011 at 9:47 PM

Did Moochelle Obama walk to South Africa for her recent soiree?

Or did she use one of those evil Corporate Government Jets?

profitsbeard on June 29, 2011 at 9:47 PM

Not “Air Force One”…it is “Tax Payer One”

Dingbat63 on June 29, 2011 at 9:47 PM

Do you remember the sweep of the rain
The sound of it strumming the sky?
America walked inside that song
But now when I listen, the melody’s changed
The rain only whispers ‘goodbye’
I don’t want to morn when I think of the America I knew
But now whenever Obama speaks, I do

PercyB on June 29, 2011 at 9:48 PM

You’ll be happy to know that Target has a number of corporate jets.

strictnein on June 29, 2011 at 9:45 PM

strictnein:From your link,that means runway fee’s and lots
of aviation fuel,getting bought/sold!
=================================================

FDK is also the 3rd busiest general aviation airport in Maryland, handling over 160,000 aircraft operations annually!
************
*************

canopfor on June 29, 2011 at 9:48 PM

Absolutely. Must. Be. Kidding. Me.
It’s like living in 1984….the masterpiece, not the year.

KMC1 on June 29, 2011 at 9:49 PM

LOL, I love it. Obama owns the tax break he ridicules:

Does anyone in the Obama administration do his homework? This favorable tax treatment is all on the Dems and Obama.

That said, what happens if they trim it back? Existing planes have to be grandfathered. My guess is that we’ll see a drop off in the manufacture of corporate jets–and jobs. Kind of like the the consequences of the luxury-vehicle tax in the early 1990s. Sorry to say, but it would be delicious if the pink slips started getting issued next summer, a couple of months before the election.

BuckeyeSam on June 29, 2011 at 9:50 PM

You’ll be happy to know that Target has a number of corporate jets.

strictnein on June 29, 2011 at 9:45 PM

That dang Target – first they contribute money to a Republican and therefore they “hate gays” and now they own corporate jets.

Next they’ll GASP want to make a profit!

gophergirl on June 29, 2011 at 9:52 PM

Remember when the Donks wanted to impose a “luxury tax” on yachts?

Actually, they did pass a luxury tax on yachts. The result was the failure of the vast majority of U.S. yacht builders. Even now, many years after the tax was repealed, the biggest yacht manufacturing country in the world is France. (Good news is that some foreign yacht builders have starting manufacturing plants in the U.S. now.)

jl on June 29, 2011 at 10:00 PM

That dang Target

Plus they use the violent expression “target”. /sarc

Dingbat63 on June 29, 2011 at 10:01 PM

The guy has never been anything but a hate-monger and a thoroughly corrupt morally bankrupt politician/organizer.

What do you expect from one of Jeremiah “G۞ddamn America” Wright’s 20-year faithful followers?

hillbillyjim on June 29, 2011 at 10:02 PM

Aren’t corporate jets involved in interstate commerce, and could be needed by anyone at anytime? Therefore there should be a mandate that every person receive usage of a corporate jet. Why is Obama blocking access to my Constitutional right to private air travel?

Left Coast Right Mind on June 29, 2011 at 10:03 PM

Obama is going to demagogue the GOP about his tax break. It’ll get enacted. Then, some agency like the IRS will issue waivers for all kinds of buyers so that the bottom doesn’t fall out of the industry by next year. The waivers will terminate in 1 May 2013.

BuckeyeSam on June 29, 2011 at 10:07 PM

I have flown on many corporate jets. Typically this involved travel to some rural spot with a refinery or other industrial plant that is hundreds of miles from the nearest airport with scheduled air transport. Rather than having dozens of people each day fly to the nearest city, rent cars and drive for hours and hours, the company would fly the corporate jet to these remote locations on a regular schedule. In one of those little towns the company even owns the biggest hotel (not, BTW, very nice), mostly for out of town employees who flew in on the corporate jet. Because…it’s cheaper.

So why the punishment?

jl on June 29, 2011 at 10:07 PM

Everyone hates rich people and their damned carbon-emitting jets, right?

Not the blue collars who build them and maintain them. The lessons of the luxury tax have been lost on Obama.

CW on June 29, 2011 at 10:07 PM

Corporate jets? What will the AGW use to get to their conferences? What will Al Gore say when his jet is grounded. What about the Hollyweed elite?

But it would be sweet to see Gore or Garafalo riding AmTrack across country. :)

GarandFan on June 29, 2011 at 10:08 PM

Absolutely. Must. Be. Kidding. Me.
It’s like living in 1984….the masterpiece, not the year.

KMC1 on June 29, 2011 at 9:49 PM

KMC1:Exellent!:)

canopfor on June 29, 2011 at 10:09 PM

Does anyone remember the child Obowma when they were gearing up for the STIMULUS spending…?

… All he could do was repeat himself saying;

“Weatherization… Don’t forget about weatherization.”,

and everybody in the room would stop talking, look at each other, then some aide would say;

“Yes, Mr. President!”,

and Obowma would have a look on his face as if he just found the Holy Grail?

Now it’s “Corporate Jets”…

… I’m telling you, this country is being run by Valarie Jarrett, George Soros, the Czars and a focus group. Little Boy Barack is just the clown face on the box of Cracker Jack!

Seven Percent Solution on June 29, 2011 at 10:15 PM

Corporate Jets blah blah blah… Planned Parenthood & PBS Blah Blah Blah…. The usual stupid talking points from both sides.

Is the debt ceiling even constitutional? Frum drew attention to section 4 of the 14th Amendment and he might have a point.

lexhamfox on June 29, 2011 at 10:20 PM

But it would be sweet to see Gore or Garafalo riding AmTrack across country. :)

GarandFan on June 29, 2011 at 10:08 PM

Now that is funny

CW on June 29, 2011 at 10:24 PM

lexhamfox on June 29, 2011 at 10:20 PM

I realize that being able to discuss many different points and ideas is hard but hang in there.

CW on June 29, 2011 at 10:28 PM

Jugeared Jesus is the master and king of false choices. Uncle Sugar cannot provide every for need and fix every problem, nor should anyone expect it to.

If government would quit regulating and taxing the economy into dust, the revenue would be there. See the 1980s.

Government can’t now and never will spend our money wisely or efficiently, and these boneheads seem to think that this time, the centralized planning and management of the economy will work. It won’t. It never has and it never will.

hillbillyjim on June 29, 2011 at 10:39 PM

every for

for every

duh.

hillbillyjim on June 29, 2011 at 10:40 PM

because it makes him sound like an imbecile

Sound?

NoDonkey on June 29, 2011 at 10:54 PM

PBHO, you are an idiot of the 1st order. Can’t wait to see him go away in 2013. Then have congress revoke and ban anymore retirements for all presidents and congress-critters, including those currently receiving the pension.

What? If one can dream the former, why not the latter?

AH_C on June 29, 2011 at 11:16 PM

I want the RNC, or some enterprising blogger, to put together an FBI-like wanted poster with little Bammie on it; “APB – if you have seen this man report his location to the US Congress. He is urgently required to start doing his job in putting together a federal budget”

slickwillie2001 on June 29, 2011 at 11:27 PM

Kini:You nailed it,his record and his very own words
should be used against him,in the upcoming election,
the ads will write themselves!:)

canopfor on June 29, 2011 at 9:20 PM

hello gop candidate, are you listening?

cmsinaz on June 29, 2011 at 11:44 PM