Angry moviegoer harasses Glenn Beck’s wife in NYC park Update: Another moviegoer says no animosity evident, but Twitter tells different story

posted at 2:50 pm on June 29, 2011 by Tina Korbe

No matter what valid criticisms can be made of Mr. Beck, he doesn’t deserve this — and his wife really doesn’t. On his radio show and website yesterday, Beck said his family was accosted while watching a movie in Bryant Park in NYC Monday night. A particularly angry moviegoer spilled a glass of wine on Beck’s wife, Tania, while another man loudly told the family, “We hate conservatives here.”

But the Becks didn’t leave immediately because, as Beck said, “I have a right to watch a movie and enjoy a movie with my family in the park. I have a right.”

Newsmax reports:

Beck said while he doesn’t expect “a warm welcome in New York City,” what bothered him “was the cowardly behavior of the hateful crowd,” he wrote on his website, glennbeck.com.

“Courage doesn’t come from a bag or a bottle — courage doesn’t come in mobs,” Beck said. “Courage comes alone, quietly. You won’t be drunk and you won’t be in a mob at the ultimate test of courage. You will be alone.”

You’d think the crowd in the park might have delighted to overlook political differences to take comfort in a common taste in movies. After all, what are politics compared to an Alfred Hitchcock classic? (It was “The 39 Steps.”)

But all kidding aside, this points to a pervasive issue: Political communications and politics, in general, have become increasingly and paradoxically both personality-driven and anonymous — arguably to the detriment of the discussion of ideas.

The personality of a pundit or a politician seems to matter to the public just as much as what he or she says. That inspires public figures to play up personality, to pretend to be larger than life — and it prompts the public to poke fun at irrelevant flaws or to tear down even the spouses and children of those in the limelight. That’s not to say character doesn’t contribute to the credibility of a political figure’s opinions — but it is to say ad hominem attacks have ever and will ever be a logical fallacy.

The anonymity that comes from being just one in a crowd — or, as Beck put it, “mob mentality” — might make it that much easier to vocally despise a person without repercussion or thought-provoking push-back, but it does little to encourage an honest exchange of ideas because nobody has to take real responsibility for the ideas expressed.

It also does little to foster genuine relationships. Yes, interactive journalism and 24/7 news foster a feeling of familiarity with onscreen, on-air and online personalities and that’s often a positive, tending to humanize the news-broadcasting and news-gathering process. But however powerful the “connection” between TV host and viewer or between reader and writer might seem, it’s still somewhat false, the self-conscious product of a carefully constructed brand. Viewers don’t actually know Glenn Beck, however much they think they do (unless, of course, they’ve actually interfaced with him on a semi-regular basis).

That’s why it’s best to interact with ideas in public and with people in private. By that rule, Glenn Beck should expect anyone he meets to know and have an opinion about what he says on air — but he shouldn’t have to shelter his wife from wine stains.

Update: Check out this follow-up from Glenn Beck’s site TheBlaze.com. Apparently, the gal seated behind Beck at the movie theater wrote to New York Magazine to say this:

To Whom It May Concern:

Just a quick FYI -saw your article on Mr. Beck and his numerous FALSE claims about the way that he was treated at Bryant Park last night. Myself and several of my friends were seated immediately behind Mr. Beck & co (have pictures) and I can tell you that while the crowd was certainly not *thrilled* that he had shown up, his family was left completely alone, and for the most part he was too. Conversely, it was his security detail (two body guards) that seemed to be unnecessarily prickly with the crowd, scolding myself and my friends for acrobatics and other harmless activities taking place well before the movie started, and contributing to a considerably less relaxed atmosphere than is typically experienced during BPMN (I’ve been going for about six years now).

It was my friend that spilled the glass of wine on Tanya -and I can assure you that it was a complete accident. A happy one, to be sure, but nonetheless a complete and utter accident. As soon as the wine spilled (and I question how Tanya became soaked from a half glass of wine) apologies were made and my friends pretty much scrambled to give Tanya & co napkins -no doubt aware that it would look terrible and that their actions could be perceived as purposeful. No words were exchanged after that, as I think that it became pretty clear to Beck & co that my friends and I were doing everything in our capacity to help clean the “mess”.

I‘m sure it’s unnecessary to point out the hypocrisy in Glen’s statements that we were being hateful. I can assure him that we don’t need his sympathy. Incidentally, none of us have made a career of “spewing hate” on the radio, or any other media platform. We live our lives intolerant only of those who don’t tolerate: We have chosen New York as our city for that very reason. We do things like go to Bryant Park Movie Night, and vote to legalize gay marriage. We don’t taunt Glen, or his family. And we certainly don’t waste our wine, even on Tanya.

Thanks, and please let me know if you have further questions.

Lindsey Piscitell

But her Twitter said this (warning: profanity):

Hmm. Twitter also turned up tweets from friends, suggesting she “accidentally” spill something on him. Which, of course, her friend “accidentally” did.

According to another website, Piscitell is “a twenty-something who likes to think of herself as a member of the creative underclass,” who, “in between panic attacks and espresso-fueled internet benders,” “likes to write short stories and sometimes poetry.” I include this only because that same description could apply pretty nearly to me … and I would never tweet what she tweeted — not even about, say, Keith Olbermann or an equivalently liberal talk show host. In fact, I probably would have introduced myself and tried to strike up a friendly conversation. But that’s just me.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

I assume this poor child is going to be very unhappy that she gave up her anonymity to “happily” spill wine on Mrs. Beck. Better to leave insults on blogs and twitter where only feeling get hurt.

Cindy Munford on June 29, 2011 at 5:01 PM

We have that problem here. People attack their fellow HA members on a regular basis over simple differences of opinion. And very few of us are guiltless.

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 4:39 PM

Mirror anyone…but to compare a face to face, a physical confrontation, with blogging banter is a stretch.
I would bet anyone of us would sit down and have a beer with the other, and be congenial.
The rapid, quick retort of a blog, creates a larger sense of urgency, and lack of decorum, just because you keep the words “crisp”…anyone who takes posts personal, as a personal attack, needs to get a reality check.

right2bright on June 29, 2011 at 5:03 PM

right2bright on June 29, 2011 at 5:03 PM

+ One trillion.

Cindy Munford on June 29, 2011 at 5:08 PM

I listened to Beck this morning, and it was pretty funny the way he was making fun of these young lib brainiacs for being so dumb about covering their electronic tracks.

The never think they’ll get caught. They’ve grown careless over the decades knowing the MBM always had their back. That’s over now.

BTW, both Beck and some of the tea parties are stressing that conservatives need to get on twitter and facebook to fight back against lefty lies in the twitter wars, by retweeting the truth.

juliesa on June 29, 2011 at 5:15 PM

Words, not face-to-face confrontations that escalate into physical attacks. There is a huge difference.

And excuse me if I blame the vicious liberals for this attack.

disa on June 29, 2011 at 4:56 PM

There is no place for it in either words or deed. And conservatives do it here on a daily basis.

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 5:18 PM

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 5:18 PM

Walking it back already, I see. Of course, you completely ignored the point that multiple commenters made, which was that it’s nothing like what happened to Glenn Beck’s wife. Care to address that? Can you see why people would be confused that you think comments on a blog are the same as physical damage caused to a third party?

Ronnie on June 29, 2011 at 5:26 PM

Sounds like csdeven just abidicated the “attack” accusations.

PJ Emeritus on June 29, 2011 at 5:31 PM

Ronnie on June 29, 2011 at 5:26 PM

Are you trying to say there is a justification for the uncivil nasty remarks as long as it is not face to face?

Remember, the hatred for Beck begins with words only. It then escalates to face to face violence.

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 5:33 PM

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 5:33 PM

Holy spin, Batman. No, I’m trying to say that your previous comment was ridiculous. No doubt you will see this as equal to spilling wine on your girlfriend.

Ronnie on June 29, 2011 at 5:37 PM

right2bright on June 29, 2011 at 5:03 PM

+ One trillion.

Cindy Munford on June 29, 2011 at 5:08 PM

True, and there s/b no whining on the side of conservatives.

Still, this is ‘the HA house’ and they have a code, and civility and no attacks are in the general purvue. Personal attacks leave me cold, to be sure. Must live up, or down, to my nom. Plus, running away is no way to win.

csdeven, good one, you can give as good as you get. Ignore the attacks and fight. Tell the boys “hi” and “thank you”.

Schadenfreude on June 29, 2011 at 5:38 PM

Define “attack” and explain how that’s the same as spilling wine on Glenn Beck’s wife.

Ronnie on June 29, 2011 at 5:00 PM

Address what my comment was, not what someone else said….

It says nothing about violence. Do you agree that that statement is accurate?

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 5:41 PM

Also, csedeven, you can only change yourself, and even that is hard. Let all expose the best and the worst. The world is full of both.

Schadenfreude on June 29, 2011 at 5:42 PM

This is very true and HA is the perfect evidence. What used to be fairly heated, yet mostly civilized, good debates/discussions have morphed over time into gaggles of near ‘insanity’. However, as always, because it’s good for HA business, and because I fight for anyone’s right to be whatever, to say so, it’s all good. It’s still a free country and all are just guests here, volens.

Schadenfreude on June 29, 2011 at 5:45 PM

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 5:33 PM

What? You’re saying we’ll start tracking each other down for face to face gun battles or something?

darwin on June 29, 2011 at 5:48 PM

Schadenfreude on June 29, 2011 at 5:38 PM

Personal attacks are usually counterproductive but I don’t like to tell people how to express themselves. It gives me good insight on who’s comments I value and can learn from when I disagree with them. Although, I have remarked when people have been accused of unlawful behavior or make remarks the reflect badly on the site.

Cindy Munford on June 29, 2011 at 5:49 PM

On DRUDGE!!!!!

DOJ tracks latest gun battle to Hot Air. “Uncivil” discussion prompted members to hunt each other down for some face time.

darwin on June 29, 2011 at 5:50 PM

She wrote that she and friend where seated adjacent to and behind Beck and wife and that she put a glass of wine on the blanket, it then tipped over and spilled onto Mrs. Beck’s back, that it was not an intentional tossing of wine on Mrs. Beck but an accident as just described.

She asked in that statement, “and why would I waste wine like that?”

Let me get this straight; you can’t smoke in public but you can drink wine in public? I guess Nanny Bloomberg hasn’t gotten around to that particular societal evil yet. New York, New York, it’s a helluva town.

landshark on June 29, 2011 at 5:52 PM

Schadenfreude on June 29, 2011 at 5:42 PM

Absolutely true. I find it disturbing that people are angry when the liberals do it but accept it from themselves and their own side of the isle. It certainly was not always that way. I know because I used to be one of the worst. I have realized how counter productive it is and try very hard to not attack people over a differing political opinion.

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 5:55 PM

darwin on June 29, 2011 at 5:50 PM

LOL! Bishop did something similar to that one day and it took me a couple times not to fall for it.

Cindy Munford on June 29, 2011 at 5:58 PM

with blogging banter is a stretch.

right2bright on June 29, 2011 at 5:03 PM

Look up the definition of the word “banter”. That is not what I am referring to.

And I was threatened with physical violence by two different people last week. Do you think there is a justification for that also?

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 5:58 PM

Cindy Munford on June 29, 2011 at 5:49 PM

Give me an example of when a personal attack over a difference in opinion is productive.

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 5:59 PM

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 5:59 PM

I suppose the left would shout out SARAH PALIN!

Ronnie on June 29, 2011 at 6:02 PM

I suppose the left would shout out SARAH PALIN!

Ronnie on June 29, 2011 at 6:02 PM

Just the idea that conservatives consume air is enough for the progressives to justify their politics of personal destruction.

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 6:05 PM

Like I said, I use the free and open remarks here to decide who to interact with. I am sure there are plenty of people who ignore my comments and that’s fine.

Cindy Munford on June 29, 2011 at 6:05 PM

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 6:05 PM

And is it productive in that example? Seems so.

Ronnie on June 29, 2011 at 6:07 PM

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 5:59 PM

Seems to be working great for that mealy mouthed liar Lindsey Piscitell and her posse of deceitful reprobates. I’m certain she is quite the hero to the ‘tolerant and progressive’ Lefty ilk by now. Seems to me already that you would agree. No?

FlatFoot on June 29, 2011 at 6:07 PM

Ann Coulter’s new article is up. It’s on this topic.

Ronnie on June 29, 2011 at 6:07 PM

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 5:58 PM

You’ve led a sheltered life … haven’t you?

darwin on June 29, 2011 at 6:10 PM

Ann Coulter’s new article is up. It’s on this topic.

Ronnie on June 29, 2011 at 6:07 PM

Liberals are not like most Americans. They are the biggest pussies on Earth, city-bred weaklings who didn’t play a sport and have never been in a fight in their entire lives. Their mothers made excuses for them when they threw tantrums and spent way too much time praising them during toilet training.

Coulter never fails to hit the nail on the head.

darwin on June 29, 2011 at 6:12 PM

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 6:05 PM

After all your blathering about ‘personal attacks over difference of opinion’… you finish with that? Wow. Shocking. But not surprising considering the source and your entire ilk.

FlatFoot on June 29, 2011 at 6:13 PM

The moral of this story is that the Left is violent.

Kinda simple, if you ask anyone.

Key West Reader on June 29, 2011 at 6:15 PM

right2bright on June 29, 2011 at 5:03 PM

It’s that simple?!

Well let me tell you I’m thrilled you pointed that out as I always break out into a awful rash on my … well .. “down there” … when people call me names here at HotAir.

It’s awful!

Especially when they write something like “STFU you blithering idiot” – that really hurts -(except I don’t know what STFU is but I think it’s a food – something like tofu – and I hate tofu so it’s even worse!)

So I agree and was wondering where I could go to get a reality check?

Do they do them at RiteAid? They give shots now, you know, so maybe they do. I’ll drive over there and ask them and let you know.

Rod on June 29, 2011 at 6:18 PM

The vicious Left bares its teeth, gets smacked in the mouth.

PJ Emeritus on June 29, 2011 at 3:05 PM

No one would have known who this stupid twit was if it wasn’t for the fact that she had to write a letter to a newspaper calling Beck a liar. What an idiot.

mizflame98 on June 29, 2011 at 6:25 PM

mizflame98 on June 29, 2011 at 6:25 PM

So is it that they don’t understand technology or that they think no one else does?

Cindy Munford on June 29, 2011 at 6:29 PM

You’ve led a sheltered life … haven’t you?

darwin on June 29, 2011 at 6:10 PM

Straw man.

The point is that words lead to violence. Civil thoughts beget civil tongues and civil tongues beget civil action.

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 6:34 PM

Straw man.

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 6:34 PM

Hahahahahaha … sure whatever you say. You really have led a sheltered life.

According to your theory our founding fathers should have killed each other.

darwin on June 29, 2011 at 6:42 PM

And is it productive in that example? Seems so.

Ronnie on June 29, 2011 at 6:07 PM

I read the context of Tina’s remarks to be critical of the personality based politics and how it does nothing to further discussion.

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 6:50 PM

FlatFoot on June 29, 2011 at 6:13 PM

How was that a personal attack over a difference of opinion? It was an accurate description of the depths that the personal attacks from the progressives have reached.

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 6:53 PM

According to your theory our founding fathers should have killed each other.

darwin on June 29, 2011 at 6:42 PM

Don’t compare the personal attacks that come from you to the founders.

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 6:55 PM

Are my eyes bleeding or is this entire page red?

Raisedbywolves on June 29, 2011 at 7:02 PM

Fix the tag, please.

spmat on June 29, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Don’t compare the personal attacks that come from you to the founders.

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 6:55 PM

Oh … now I’m attacking you personally?

First you say:

The point is that words lead to violence.

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 6:34 PM

To which I say:

According to your theory our founding fathers should have killed each other.

darwin on June 29, 2011 at 6:42 PM

and now I’m attacking you personally? Also, according to your theory this will escalate and I’ll be hunting you down like a wild animal or something.

Fruitloops … they’re not just for breakfast anymore.

darwin on June 29, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Ah yes, the always pleasant and open minded liberal left. At least that is what my sister tells me she is.

ctmom on June 29, 2011 at 7:10 PM

Raisedbywolves on June 29, 2011 at 7:02 PM

csdeven says “words lead to violence” so I’m guessing it’s blood.

hoosiermama on June 29, 2011 at 7:11 PM

The moral of this story is that the Left is violent.

Kinda simple, if you ask anyone.

Key West Reader on June 29, 2011 at 6:15 PM

No, I disagree…the leftards are cowards that will be violent if conditions are right and they feel it won’t come back on them….This stupid cow would probably just keyed Beck’s car if the opportunity presented itself.

BigWyo on June 29, 2011 at 7:20 PM

THIS RED FONT IS EVEN WORSE ON THE EYES THAN ALL CAPS!

toliver on June 29, 2011 at 7:34 PM

darwin on June 29, 2011 at 7:07 PM

You are creating a straw man argument.

Violence doesn’t just happen. There is a thought before words, and generally words before action.

It is the words of threat that Beck gets that lead him to employ body guards. Those words of threat turned into actions of violence. Thus, “The point is that words lead to violence.”. Of course not always, but I never claimed that. If you would have read the entire thread, you would have understood that.

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 7:35 PM

So she wrote a bunch of lies after being outed by Beck. Twitter first- she seemed to be proud of spilling wine on a total stranger, and bullsh1t story second, trying to pose as the injured party. Her parent’s must be so proud.

Dr Evil on June 29, 2011 at 7:52 PM

Red, ouch. Beck, bravo!

AshleyTKing on June 29, 2011 at 7:54 PM

As if I need another reason to hate New York.

WannabeAnglican on June 29, 2011 at 8:01 PM

Where am I? What’s with all this internal discord? Did someone spike the punchbowl again? And more importantly, what’s with all this red? Is this May Day? Am I on Candid Camera? Is this the Jerry Springer Show? This is Oz, isn’t it?

Cheshire Cat on June 29, 2011 at 8:11 PM

Cheshire Cat on June 29, 2011 at 8:11 PM

Updates broke HotAir!

Cindy Munford on June 29, 2011 at 8:19 PM

Sorry, Tina, but you are way off base. Liberals are pack animals, just as Coulter has illustrated in her new book. They are told to hate by their leaders so they hate. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had someone giving me a description of Rush Limbaugh that was actually the description of olbermann or schultz. Then when you press them they tell you they would never listen to Rush because he’s so hateful. I guarantee you that the people who accosted Beck never watched his show enough to make a credible judgement if they ever watched his show at all. There are a few different reasons for people to be liberals but none of them point to a reasonable, well adjusted human being. They are either looters, are people whose self identity is wrapped up in the delusion that liberals are more enlightened, intelligent or compassionate or they are flat out wack jobs. Liberalism is a mental illness and any self identified conservative who doubts that may have the beginnings of the same mental illness.

peacenprosperity on June 29, 2011 at 8:28 PM

I agree, and the devolution went hand in hand with the increasing number of liberal commentors.

peacenprosperity on June 29, 2011 at 8:34 PM

WTH did you do to this page Tina? Can we have black text or is everything written on here breaking news?

thphilli on June 29, 2011 at 8:44 PM

thphilli on June 29, 2011 at 8:44 PM

I’m sure they are trying to fix. Easy on the new kid.

Cindy Munford on June 29, 2011 at 8:53 PM

Well I hope her parents have a lot of money in savings accounts because they will probably be supporting this total waste of space for her entire adult life. She probably lives from paycheck to paycheck and expects those horrible hard working capitalists to put up the dough to keep her in the lifestyle which she believes she deserves. Get a life – get a jog and get your mouth washed out with soap. No Moral Compass.

IlonaE on June 29, 2011 at 9:04 PM

So your at lest 6 years-old, and you were drinking, right?

Okay, So your at lest 6 years-old, and it was your drunk friend that happily, utterly drunk, accidentally “spilled” the glass of wine on Tanya. Thanks for the claification.
BTW, you do know drinking and being dunk while doing acrobatics is incredibly stupid.
Will will see you on Tru TV World’s Dumbest partiers or World’s Dumbest Performers?

Guess that would depend as to how big the glass of wine was, obviously as a drunk you wouldn’t really have noticed how big the glass was, after all your drunk.

After all they were drunk and doing acrobatics!

The only thing that is clear from your statement is that you and your friends were drunk in public.
Seriously look at your statement its completely lacking!

“pretty much scrambled to give Tanya & co napkins”, “became pretty clear to”,
“Tanya & co napkins -no doubt aware that it would look terrible and that their actions could be perceived as purposeful”

It would look terrible that drunks were giving out napkins to clean up the mess the drunks made?

How would you know you weren’t being hateful you and your friends were drunk!
If you and your friends weren’t drunk, then it must have been intentional!

I can assure him that we don’t need his sympathy.

I agree, you need help, you have issues, lots of issues!

Naw, apparently you go to a public park to ah, “spew”.

We live our lives intolerant only of those who don’t tolerate:

Translation: You only tolerate those who have the same views as you.
Free speech, protected speech, is the speech YOU find hateful, intolerant!

We have chosen New York as our city for that very reason.
Thanks, and please let me know if you have further questions.
Lindsey Piscitell

Okay, so please explain your “tweet”

DSchoen on June 29, 2011 at 10:00 PM

Although I love 90% of the HA comments (Brian1972, Canophor, etc)….

……the back and forth with the trolls and such (you can’t win a fight with someone trolling to get you banned) is why I can’t usually respond to comments. Sadly, that’s the culture we live in.

PappyD61 on June 29, 2011 at 10:29 PM

This just makes me see red.

malclave on June 29, 2011 at 10:40 PM

This open red font tag is something I would expect from Ace of Spades, although there it’s usually italics.

zmdavid on June 29, 2011 at 10:42 PM

I see red people.

Tuning Spork on June 29, 2011 at 10:53 PM

I love that Lindsey Piscitell was busted so quickly by her own tweets. LOL! Conservatives rule social media.

TN Mom on June 29, 2011 at 11:39 PM

This seems curiously apropos….

infidel4life on June 29, 2011 at 11:58 PM

So you going to close that red tag anytime soon?

Ronnie on June 30, 2011 at 12:21 AM

Lets see I have to choose between the story told by Glen Beck, and one told by a random NY democrat.

Slowburn on June 30, 2011 at 12:41 AM

I find it amusing that the ones who resort to physical violence in response to words are liberals. The quote from Ms. Piscatell is a priceless example — because Mr. Beck “spews hate” on the radio, it’s therefore perfectly OK to douse his spouse with wine at a public venue.

May Ms. Piscatell discover the error of her ways over and over again.

unclesmrgol on June 30, 2011 at 1:51 AM

Let’s see if this works

unclesmrgol on June 30, 2011 at 1:51 AM

Lindsey, you are a twit.

tx2654 on June 30, 2011 at 2:12 AM

What goes around comes around. Funny they are already making themselves available for the same treatment they gave Beck so soon. I doubt they will be as understanding as Beck.

dec5 on June 30, 2011 at 3:44 AM

Everything is red – is Ace of Spades your web master? =)

gwelf on June 30, 2011 at 8:52 AM

A self-proclaimed writer doesn’t know the difference between “myself” and “me.” Perhaps she should spend less time making up stories about Glen Beck and more time studying basic composition and English grammar.

SD on June 30, 2011 at 9:13 AM

If she aspires to be creative, she might want to go back and learn the proper grammatical usage of “myself”.

flyoverland on June 30, 2011 at 9:14 AM

An NYU education means not being constrained by English grammar rules…or common decency.

Jaibones on June 30, 2011 at 9:24 AM

Somebody spills wine on my wife, something else will be spilled.

fossten on June 30, 2011 at 9:27 AM

right2bright on June 29, 2011 at 5:03 PM
+ One trillion.

Cindy Munford on June 29, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Yup.

ladyingray on June 30, 2011 at 9:29 AM

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Hamlet Act 3, scene 2, 222–230

itsspideyman on June 30, 2011 at 9:46 AM

right2bright on June 29, 2011 at 5:03 PM

Says the religious bigot. It’s no wonder you think it’s okay. You couldn’t be who you are if you had to be civil.

csdeven on June 30, 2011 at 9:47 AM

csdeven on June 30, 2011 at 9:47 AM

Nice move. I’m sure that will garner you some replies that you can then use to claim people are obsessed or attacking you personally.

darwin on June 30, 2011 at 9:53 AM

DSchoen on June 29, 2011 at 10:00 PM

I love that she was saying they were doing acrobatics as if Glenn Beck sat next to the Cirque Du Soleil troop or the US Gymnastics team. What she was really trying to do was kick him in the mouth. That makes her worthy of a few broken toes in my opinion.

mizflame98 on June 30, 2011 at 9:53 AM

So we are supposed to take this hemp-smokin hippie’s word for it? Love the rationalization in her manifesto:

We live our lives intolerant only of those who do not tolerate.

And who, praytell, is the ultimate moral arbiter of what is and isn’t “toleration?” Her letter is an unintended glimpse into the moral decay and insanity of the liberal/progressive/statist mindset.

Huckabye-Romney on June 30, 2011 at 9:55 AM

darwin on June 30, 2011 at 9:53 AM

If you don’t want to be seen as obsessed with me, then stop doing it. If R2B doesn’t want to be seen as a religious bigot, he should stop being a religious bigot.

csdeven on June 30, 2011 at 10:00 AM

We live our lives intolerant only of those who don’t tolerate:

Isn’t the definition of “tolerate” putting up with something you don’t necessarily like or agree with? In other words, she’s all for repressing everything and everyone who doesn’t agree with her views.

Of course all liberals are like that. Complete hypocrits.

darwin on June 30, 2011 at 10:01 AM

csdeven on June 30, 2011 at 10:00 AM

I called it!

darwin on June 30, 2011 at 10:01 AM

Oh yeah, by the way, Lindsey – the Bryant park website (and NYC laws, for that matter) explicitly prohibit the consumption of alcohol outside of the Bryant park Grill & Cafe, so consider yourself an outlaw. Thanks for placing your admission of your crime in the public record. I, for one, refuse to “tolerate” someone so callously “intolerant” of the laws of our fine city. If Bloomberg had an ounce of integrity – he’d send the NYPD to her front door and issue citations.

Huckabye-Romney on June 30, 2011 at 10:02 AM

I called it!

darwin on June 30, 2011 at 10:01 AM

Do you want a medal for recognizing that you’re obsessed with me? The entire blog can see it.

csdeven on June 30, 2011 at 10:07 AM

csdeven on June 30, 2011 at 10:07 AM

Stop following me. You’re obsessed.

darwin on June 30, 2011 at 10:14 AM

csdeven on June 30, 2011 at 9:47 AM

Just wait, soon csRobin is going to start posting along the lines of “Come see the violence inherent in the system! Come see the violence inherent in the system. Help! Help! I’m being oppressed!”

Pattosensei on June 30, 2011 at 10:25 AM

^csRobinDennis

It’s been a while since I saw the movie

Pattosensei on June 30, 2011 at 10:26 AM

I listened to Beck for a number of years before giving up all talk shows last August. I never, ever heard Beck, Rush, Hannity, Levin say anything hateful or racist. It seems to me the liberals are confusing difference of opinion and truth for hate and racism.

abcurtis on June 30, 2011 at 10:28 AM

It’s been a while since I saw the movie

Pattosensei on June 30, 2011 at 10:26 AM

No problem, all of you that are obsessed with me make mistakes like that all the time. The obsessiveness hampers your ability to think clearly.

csdeven on June 30, 2011 at 10:48 AM

We live our lives intolerant only of those who don’t tolerate:

Its awful easy to be tolerant of things you like.

rob verdi on June 30, 2011 at 10:50 AM

csdeven on June 30, 2011 at 10:48 AM

Your drama is quite dull

mizflame98 on June 30, 2011 at 10:57 AM

That link was priceless: “Why do we allow Glenn Beck in our city”?

Bishop on June 29, 2011 at 3:16 PM

Well, it was after sundown. Conservs and people of the Republic party need to be gone before sundown.

Axeman on June 30, 2011 at 10:59 AM

Your drama is quite dull

mizflame98 on June 30, 2011 at 10:57 AM

Your obsession with me is creepy.

csdeven on June 30, 2011 at 11:07 AM

‘Underclass’?

mrt721 on June 30, 2011 at 11:25 AM

Tainted view of the events admitted… Twitter admittance of hate too… Wow, what a moron… Truly a member of the Brainless Liberal Mob.

RalphyBoy on June 30, 2011 at 11:57 AM

The little lady should know that Beck pretty much agrees with her on gay marriage.

She can’t be bothered learning the facts, tho, with so much poetry and short stories to write!!

PattyJ on June 30, 2011 at 12:06 PM

PattyJ on June 30, 2011 at 12:06 PM

That’s right, because she’s been taught that people not like her are evil and should be shunned, harrassed, beaten, have their property removed and eventually sent to “work camps”.

darwin on June 30, 2011 at 12:11 PM