Bristol Palin: My mom’s made a decision on whether or not to run

posted at 3:34 pm on June 28, 2011 by Allahpundit

Byron York claims that she walked this back later on Laura Ingraham’s show, saying, “I think that we all have an idea of what she wants to do, but still there’s been no final call on that.” That’s an elegant climbdown, but watch the clip. Sure sounds like there has been a decision, that Bristol’s heard it from mom herself, and that the family’s agreed to stay mum until the right moment. And since it’s hard to believe that BP would say she’s “absolutely” in favor of mom running if she knew for a fact that her decision was not to run, I think we can guess what Sarah’s decision must be.

The key exchange comes near the end, but if you don’t watch the whole thing, you’ll miss the jab at Meghan McCain in the middle. Exit question: Why was Bristol in such a hurry to retreat from what she said here? This clip was actually a fantastic way to build buzz ahead of tonight’s premiere of “The Undefeated” in Iowa. Maybe she was worried about creating awkwardness between her mom and Fox News, knowing that FNC wants its would-be-candidate contributors off the air as soon as they’ve reached a decision on running?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 8 9 10

Palin > Bachmann.

I still haven’t heard good enough reasons to overcome three years of destruction, including a reality TV show.

Oh, and anal sex.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 10:42 AM

That’s my tactic, dammit.

MadisonConservative on June 29, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Unfortunately, the majority of the conservative movement is not made up of Palinistas yet.

MadisonConservative on June 29, 2011 at 11:21 AM

Hehe.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 11:24 AM

You have to add at least one more: demonstrated executive ability. Simply holding preferred positions on issues is not sufficient. You have to be able to do the job.

I would put it at #3.

In this list, I think Bachmann drops out at 2, but certainly at 3.

Missy on June 29, 2011 at 10:44 AM

If that’s the case, then it sounds like Romney is your guy. I put positions far above so-called “executive experience”. Like I’ve said, Barack Obama now has three years of experience being president, so clearly, executive experience doesn’t mean anything.

If we’re not going to nominate a solid conservative, experience of any kind is meaningless. Additionally, I don’t know why experience as a legislator should be ignored. Bachmann never resigned from an executive post. Some would say that gives her an advantage over Palin.

MadisonConservative on June 29, 2011 at 11:26 AM

Hehe.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 11:24 AM

Hey, if you can make it happen, godspeed. If it hasn’t happened after the last few years, while conservatives have wet their pants over people like Chris Christie and Donald Trump…I’d say chances are slim.

MadisonConservative on June 29, 2011 at 11:27 AM

That’s my tactic, dammit.

MadisonConservative on June 29, 2011 at 11:23 AM

I made my joke, you can have it back now.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 11:28 AM

MadisonConservative on June 29, 2011 at 11:27 AM

It’s not up to me to make it happen.

That is Sarah Palin’s job.

I simply intend to help her out in whatever small way I can manage.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 11:30 AM

Perfect example….

Compare THIS….

With THIS….

tencole on June 29, 2011 at 11:01 AM

That is from the headlines thread, and as they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.

I’m not hating on Bachmann, because I do like and respect her, but this is not insignificant.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 11:31 AM

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 11:31 AM

…what is your point? Michelle Bachmann is running for president, and her bus reflects that. Sarah Palin is not, so her bus doesn’t.

MadisonConservative on June 29, 2011 at 11:34 AM

Perfect example….

Compare THIS….

With THIS….

tencole on June 29, 2011 at 11:01 AM

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 11:31 AM

I still don’t get it. They had/have buses. What is noteworthy about that?

anuts on June 29, 2011 at 11:34 AM

“One person observed that her speech she says, “we” and “us.” “It’s not about me.” Contrast that to President Obama who says “I” and “me” throughout his speech.”

That’s it.

Your mileage may vary.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 11:38 AM

MadisonConservative on June 29, 2011 at 11:26 AM

And most conservatives lamented the lack of executive experience with both ’08 nominees. I don’t disagree, I simply wouldn’t consider it entirely irrelevant nor lean heavily on it. Something like that. *shrugs*

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 11:28 AM

Tried to warn you. He’s totally possessive. :D

Bee on June 29, 2011 at 11:38 AM

Tried to warn you. He’s totally possessive. :D

Bee on June 29, 2011 at 11:38 AM

I think he liked it.

Something a bit masochistic about him…..

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 11:41 AM

Tried to warn you. He’s totally possessive. :D

Bee on June 29, 2011 at 11:38 AM

MINE.

MadisonConservative on June 29, 2011 at 11:43 AM

I think he liked it.

Something a bit masochistic about him…..

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 11:41 AM

Ohhh lordy. Have you misread me.

MadisonConservative on June 29, 2011 at 11:44 AM

Ohhh lordy. Have you misread me.

MadisonConservative on June 29, 2011 at 11:44 AM

I’m teasing you.

I keed, I keed!

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 11:50 AM

MINE.

MadisonConservative on June 29, 2011 at 11:43 AM

I KNOW I KNOW. Dayum.

I think he liked it.

Something a bit masochistic about him…..

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 11:41 AM

*laughs* Well…I’ll defer to MC on that one:

Ohhh lordy. Have you misread me.

MadisonConservative on June 29, 2011 at 11:44 AM

Bee on June 29, 2011 at 11:52 AM

I KNOW I KNOW. Dayum.

Bee on June 29, 2011 at 11:52 AM

Then put your collar on and let’s have a little less of that lip.

MadisonConservative on June 29, 2011 at 12:03 PM

If that’s the case, then it sounds like Romney is your guy.

I put positions far above so-called “executive experience”.

So do I. Note that I put demonstrated executive ability at #3. Positions at #1 and character at #2, just where you had them.

In this conversation, we are comparing GOP candidates. And yes, demonstrated executive ability (which is distinct from experience) does mean something. Obama didn’t have it when he got to office, and he still doesn’t have it.

Missy on June 29, 2011 at 12:04 PM

Missy on June 29, 2011 at 12:04 PM

Exactly. More important than how long a period of time you held a position of power is what did you do with the power you held, and why?

Of course coupled with what do you plan to do with the new power you seek, and why?

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 12:07 PM

Missy on June 29, 2011 at 12:04 PM

I guess we’re just in disagreement as to what half a term as governor, while better than Obama’s term as president, will do to get her nominated. I think the fact that she resigned will hurt her more than any other narrative, unless it comes out that Bachmann eats babies or something.

MadisonConservative on June 29, 2011 at 12:15 PM

MadisonConservative on June 29, 2011 at 12:03 PM

Yessir!

(I guess it’s pretty clear who the real masochist is around here. haha.)

Bee on June 29, 2011 at 12:15 PM

MadisonConservative on June 29, 2011 at 12:15 PM

Well, then we should probably clarify whether we’re talking about what we want in a President or what we want in a candidate.

I want the Republican who makes it to the WH to have demonstrated ability to lead. Palin has that, regardless of whether her resignation hurts her as a candidate.

Missy on June 29, 2011 at 12:32 PM

Well, what I want in a president is conservative values and positions. So, on that front, either Palin or Bachmann fits the bill. However, first they have to get the nomination, and I think Bachmann, at the moment, is better positioned to take it. Things could change, but I don’t think they will, significantly.

Missy on June 29, 2011 at 12:32 PM

The question, though, is whether those who are on the fence due to her resignation will be swayed by what you perceive as a demonstrated ability to lead. If they don’t, then votes will be ever more spread all over the Republican candidates. We need an organized choice…otherwise our chances of getting either of them nominated is minimal.

MadisonConservative on June 29, 2011 at 12:41 PM

blink on June 29, 2011 at 12:34 PM

After book publishing, tours, interviews, facebook posts, etc., her numbers haven’t moved aside from on the right. That’s the concern. I think she has nowhere to go but up, but how does it serve us to deny the fact that during all this time there hasn’t been much change?

Bee on June 29, 2011 at 12:46 PM

Yes, that is certainly a factor with Palin. She’ll have to make that case.

MadisonConservative on June 29, 2011 at 12:41 PM

But remember, after Iowa and NH, and even before then, many candidates will drop out. I think Bachmann doesn’t make it past NH (maybe SC) if Palin is in (and possibly even if she’s not in), so the direct comparison between them is almost moot.

But of course, that is just my own opinion. We shall see.

Missy on June 29, 2011 at 12:51 PM

I’m asking why anyone thinks the media needs a three year head start in order to do an equal amount of damage.

blink on June 29, 2011 at 12:49 PM

I’m asking why you think three years of anti-Palin indoctrination on top of another year and a half if she enters the race won’t have more of an impact.

MadisonConservative on June 29, 2011 at 12:53 PM

blink on June 29, 2011 at 12:49 PM

The main reason it has taken 3 years with Palin is because Palin is just that strong. She is tough to take down; even her longtime opponents admit it. Even after the barrage, her numbers are still viable if far from ideal. In some areas (such as overall favorability post-bus tour) she is even now improving.

I don’t think there are many political figures who could withstand the war waged on her and be anywhere near her poll numbers or her supporters’ enthusiasm. As many have observed, if Obama had to take what she’s taken, he’d have been in a straightjacket within months.

We don’t know how tough Bachmann will be against the assault, which hasn’t yet begun in earnest. She’s held firm against major vitriol from the lefties in MN, but there she only has to answer to the electorate in a small conservative district. Gonna be a whole different ballgame on the national stage. When the MSM seriously gets moving, it might only be a matter of weeks before her numbers drop lower than Palin’s.

Missy on June 29, 2011 at 12:59 PM

MadisonConservative on June 29, 2011 at 12:53 PM

It is interesting that someone could believe three years of trash may be of less detriment than one year.

Of course no one is suggesting whomever the candidate will be won’t be assaulted. It stands to reason however, that minds are more susceptable to change the earlier the campaign is.

anuts on June 29, 2011 at 1:01 PM

MadisonConservative on June 29, 2011 at 12:53 PM

You are forgetting, or omitting, a very important factor.

Maybe the most important.

That is the amplified platform Palin will have to fight back.

She is very talented in the skill of connecting with people, more so than Bachmann. This is a fact even many of her most skeptical detractors, on the left and the right, will concede.

She will be unencumbered by the inept McCain team, she will be free to counter much of the nonsense from the media, the Democrats, and the other Republicans.

In my opinion, this is the most overlooked aspect of what is possibly to come.

People as disparate as Bill Clinton and Norman Podhertz have said she is the most talented of this generation.

That is nothing to sneeze at.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 1:03 PM

MadisonConservative on June 29, 2011 at 12:53 PM

anuts on June 29, 2011 at 1:01 PM

The difference is that with Palin, these guys have already expended so much filth and nonsense she is somewhat innoculated to it.

With Bachmann, it will be fresh, new, and more effective.

Michele will have her chance to fight back also, but the fact remains she just isn’t quite as compelling a presence as Palin is. Nobody is, really.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 1:06 PM

That is the amplified platform Palin will have to fight back.

Yes. And we know from the bus tour that the MSM has to cover her. If they don’t, she has a direct line to voters, and she has an unusual ability to connect when she’s given half a chance.

They will be in a tough spot when Palin’s on the move and they’re running out of ammo and gas, but are forced to keep up.

Missy on June 29, 2011 at 1:09 PM

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 1:03 PM

If that’s true, why is the best claim she has in number limited only to boosting her unfavorables to low 50s from mid 60s? Why didn’t her books produce boosts like that? Why didn’t her reality produce that? If she’s really been connecting with people over the past few years, why does she still poll so miserably with every polling outfit, left to right? If having over 50% unfavorable ratings represents Palin’s “good” numbers, then I’m at a loss.

MadisonConservative on June 29, 2011 at 1:12 PM

Missy on June 29, 2011 at 1:09 PM

Look what one debate did for Bachmann.

Palin can outdo them all in that scenario.

She is just simply better.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 1:12 PM

MadisonConservative on June 29, 2011 at 1:12 PM

Back to polls, polls, polls.

The polls will move. A lot.

My point is that Palin, when she is running, can move those polls to a larger degree than other candidates might be able to pull off.

In this sort of endeavor, it isn’t all hard data, surveys and numbers. There is a big subjective, emotional component as well, and that very thing happens to be what can change the hard data almost overnight.

Sarah Palin is uniquely positioned to take on that challenge, unlike most politicians, even pretty good ones.

It seems to me that she hasn’t really been focused on “reaching out to the middle” very much the past two years.
A little, here and there, but mostly solidifying and building her base of support from which to launch a primary campaign to convince the rest of the GOP.

From there, a general election campaign can be launched, and the numbers you keep talking about now will not matter anymore because the whole game has changed.

If it doesn’t work, she won’t win the nomination and she can return to Alaska to do whatever she wants to do.

It could fail. Certainly.

It could also work. All the way to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 1:20 PM

It might, but you don’t know that it will. You have no idea whose numbers will be worse prior to the Wisconsin primary. I’m asking why you’re so convinced that the “head start” is going to matter at all? Are you stuck in some linear thought without regard to dynamic likelihoods?

blink on June 29, 2011 at 1:11 PM

Of course not, but you have to make a decision at some point whether “anything can change in politics, so predictions, trends, and analysis are meaningless” or “take a look at historical trends and make a prediction”. If you look at Palin’s historical trends and dismiss them as unimportant or irrelevant to what can happen over the next several months, then fine. Say that, and we’ll agree to disagree. Just don’t claim one paradigm and ask why a different paradigm doesn’t line up with it.

MadisonConservative on June 29, 2011 at 1:22 PM

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 1:20 PM

Based on what evidence?

MadisonConservative on June 29, 2011 at 1:22 PM

Based on what evidence?

MadisonConservative on June 29, 2011 at 1:22 PM

My informed opinion.

My observations of her talent at work, what other people have observed, what others have written, even those who have an interest in shooting her down.

I am not alone in this view.

Like I said, politics isn’t all numbers and geekery.

There is so much more to it than that.

The liberals understand this perfectly well, and that is illustrated by the very challenge Palin finds herself facing now.

It wasn’t based on evidence, or facts, or hard data.

To some degree, it worked well for them.

Doe not mean it cannot be countered.

Won’t be easy, but it ain’t impossible.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 1:27 PM

With Bachmann, it will be fresh, new, and more effective.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 1:06 PM

I used to dismiss the “charisma” factor for more concrete values. But after giving her a second look post-election/resignation, it resonated. She really does have that ability to connect with people. Not saying that other candidates don’t in their own way, but Palin is different.

Bee on June 29, 2011 at 1:31 PM

My informed opinion.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 1:27 PM

Fair enough. All I will say is that’s not evidence to anyone but you, and it will not be enough to convince many people who have it set in their minds that she’s dumb/quitter/baby-eater, etc.

If she gets in the race, I hope she demonstrates your opinion to be right. However, that’s a pretty big leap of faith to go on when she hasn’t even declared yet and is still being a political tease(which, by the way, will do her no favors with the people she needs to win over).

MadisonConservative on June 29, 2011 at 1:31 PM

Bee on June 29, 2011 at 1:31 PM

What is the killer combination is the right policies/values, combined with the right character and the natural talent for connecting with people at a gut level.

This is what many liberals saw in Aug 2008, and why the assault was launched immediately and hasn’t stopped yet.

They knew instinctively that Palin could not only bring back real Reagan Conservatism, but make it cool.

To them, that is a serious, deadly threat to everything they have fought for the last 25 years.

She had to be stopped, whatever it takes.

They still haven’t managed it, and that is encouraging to me.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 1:36 PM

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 1:06 PM

I’ll certainly agree to that.

anuts on June 29, 2011 at 1:37 PM

That’s not what I asked.

Yes, I know. I wasn’t intending to answer your question; sorry if unclear. Your comment made me look at things another way.

Missy on June 29, 2011 at 1:40 PM

MadisonConservative on June 29, 2011 at 1:31 PM

You are correct in that it will be up to her to prove me right to you and other people, but what I am saying is not only evidence to me. I am not alone in this opinion.

We shall see how it shakes out, but I know one thing for a fact. Every time Palin has run for something, she gets written off, dismissed and underestimated, mostly because of her looks.

Over the years, she has learned to use that dismissal to her advantage.

Do you remember Anita “Mao” Dunn, from the White House comm shop early on?

She had another job before, she was comm consultant to the campaign of Democrat candidate for Governor, Tony Knowles.
In 2006, in *ahem* ALASKA.

Her husband has been Counsel to the President for a while now. She is connected in DC big time. She warned the national Democrats about Palin when Sarah knocked off Knowles in the general election, who was himself a former Governor of AK already.

They see what I am talking about, and they fear it.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 1:42 PM

You’re saying, “The media has had a three year head start bashing Palin so I’m supporting Bachmann because Bachmann’s numbers will be better by November 2012.”

blink on June 29, 2011 at 1:35 PM

Wrong on multiple counts. Right now, Palin isn’t even in the race, so I think Bachmann is the best bet because she is, as far as I can tell, the only competent conservative candidate in the race. If Palin enters the race, I’ll watch what happens, and make my determination. I don’t think much will change, which is why I think Bachmann will be the better bet.

And when I say will, I mean on primary day. Election day is honestly meaningless to me. The primary will ultimately determine the rest of the race. If Romney or some other non-conservative gets in, I have no interest. If Palin or Bachmann or some dark horse gets in, then I will be interested. So my focus is the outcome of the primaries. If Palin and Bachmann are both in, great. However, my prediction, being made today, with Palin not even being in the race, is that Bachmann maintains the edge. The factors to affect that are, in my opinion, long shots. So, of course, I’m not going to base my prediction on a dependency for numerous long shots. Wouldn’t you agree that’s reasonable?

MadisonConservative on June 29, 2011 at 1:45 PM

They see what I am talking about, and they fear it.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 1:42 PM

They also fear the rise of Marco Rubio for similar reasons.

The DNC tried everything they could think of to keep him out of that Senate seat, including sending in Bill Clinton himself to try and help.

Didn’t work, because Rubio has “it”.

Much like Sarah does.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 1:46 PM

Are you definitively claiming that Bachmann’s numbers will be better than Palin’s 9 months from now?

blink on June 29, 2011 at 1:18 PM

Not necessarily. But I see an advantage on Bachmann at this point in time. The base for both Left/Right is firm. I think Bachmann’s name has a less firm opinion among indies. I think Palin has the least chance of mobility in this group. I also think Palin’s mobility would be of the fewest amount of people.

anuts on June 29, 2011 at 1:48 PM

anuts on June 29, 2011 at 1:48 PM

As you may have read, I disagree with that assumption, based partially on biography and back story, and on the natural talent to communicate that story effectively and connect with those hearing it.

Palin is superior to Bachmann, clearly.

Bachmann is pretty darn good, but Palin is exceptionally good, awesome, if you will.

Remember that convention speech.
I don’t know if Bachmann plays on that level.

I suppose we’ll find out soon enough.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 1:56 PM

Wow, I’m surprised about this. I would have thought you were more the type to adamantly support the R candidate in order to defeat Obama rather than the type to let the RINO lose to Obama type. Btw, I certainly respect both types.

blink on June 29, 2011 at 1:50 PM

I was that type in 2008, despite the fact that I made everyone very aware of how liberal he was. Then he lost, f**ked Palin over, and went even more liberal, proving that frankly, he wouldn’t have been much better, and the House would still belong to the Dems.

No mas. If the GOP tells conservatism to f**k off, I’ll tell the GOP to f**k off. If the country is going to drown in center-left ideology, I sure as hell refuse to cast a vote to accelerate the demise.

MadisonConservative on June 29, 2011 at 2:00 PM

Sorry, should read, “three year head start”…

blink on June 29, 2011 at 1:57 PM

I’m inclined to think that 3 year head start just may turn out to be a negative for the Democrats and the media (but I repeat myself) and an advantage for Palin.

What else can they do?

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 2:02 PM

MadisonConservative on June 29, 2011 at 2:00 PM

I second that emotion.

The Revolut!on will be televised.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 2:04 PM

What else can they do?

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 2:02 PM

I don’t think any of us really want an answer. Over the last few years, these f**kers have only proven that they have no limits.

MadisonConservative on June 29, 2011 at 2:04 PM

So you agree that the “three month head start” is meaningless.

No. I still think it’s relevant. And that gives Bachmann an advantage. I’ll only agree that it alone is not a deal maker/breaker.

Again, I seriously don’t care if you like Bachmann more than Palin for reasons other than current polling numbers.

blink on June 29, 2011 at 1:56 PM

Actually, I like Palin better. I only think she can’t beat Obama.

anuts on June 29, 2011 at 2:07 PM

MadisonConservative on June 29, 2011 at 2:04 PM

I know, and I think that is their Achilles Heel when it comes to Palin.

They simply cannot help themselves, and they frequently overplay their hand beclowning themselves in the process.

See, the e-mail dump.

See, Tuscon.

See, Trig.

See, 1773.

Where is the breaking point for them with independent voters?
Nobody ever asks that question.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 2:10 PM

Actually, I like Palin better. I only think she can’t beat Obama.

anuts on June 29, 2011 at 2:07 PM

It is up to Palin to convince you otherwise.

I think she can, and will.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 2:11 PM

This is starting to look like a stump speech – Governor Palin’s impromtu speech after the movie premier.

SheetAnchor on June 29, 2011 at 2:14 PM

It is up to Palin to convince you otherwise.

I think she can, and will.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 2:11 PM

It matters not. She has my vote and support should she win the nomination.

anuts on June 29, 2011 at 2:17 PM

SheetAnchor on June 29, 2011 at 2:14 PM

I saw that. It was good. No teleprompter, no notes.

All about America, and a bright future.

Good stuff.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 2:18 PM

It matters not. She has my vote and support should she win the nomination.

anuts on June 29, 2011 at 2:17 PM

I have a feeling she will have your vote in the primary, by the time we get there.

She’s got mine.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 2:19 PM

Well, you certainly aren’t alone in this thinking so, for the sake of us all, I hope the GOP doesn’t tell conservatism to f**k off.

blink on June 29, 2011 at 2:21 PM

What I’m worried about is if the conservative wins out, will the RINOs take their ball and go third party?

This is the real threat, not the other way around.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 2:23 PM

It matters not. She has my vote and support should she win the nomination.

anuts on June 29, 2011 at 2:17 PM

Absolutely agreed. Frankly, if either Palin or Bachmann get nominated, I think we’ve already won as much as we can. It would mean the GOP is not beyond hope.

However, if we then go on to lose then general, then I think that would be a pretty solid death rattle for this country. Such an election would be a showdown twixt conservatism and socialism, and if the people of this country really re-elect the latter…then I’d say we’ve lost everything, pretty much. As Reagan said, if we lose freedom here, there’s no place to escape to. This is the last stand on Earth.

In which case, I will be robbing a few banks, and heading to Monaco to enjoy the rest of my life in hedonism.

MadisonConservative on June 29, 2011 at 2:25 PM

MadisonConservative on June 29, 2011 at 11:26 AM

Bachmann never held an executive post to resign from. Plus she’s a gaffe machine, way worse than Palin.

Look, Romney was governor for 4 years. Palin was governor for 2.5. Her 1.5 years of experience (up to that point) was ridiculed in 2008 because Alaska has a tiny population and is geographically isolated from the rest of the country. Another 1.5 years would not have made any difference. The bar would simply have been moved to “well, Alaska doesn’t count.”

Palin’s biggest obstacle isn’t that she quit. It’s demonstrating that she’s “smart” enough for the job. She got plenty done to brag about in her 2.5 years; all Romney did was RomneyCare. I’m glad Bachmann is in the race because I think she actually is the caricature most people think about Palin, and having them next to each other should demonstrate that well.

alwaysfiredup on June 29, 2011 at 2:25 PM

Where is the breaking point for them with independent voters?
Nobody ever asks that question.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 2:10 PM

I think it’s because the voters have largely tolerated it for all these years. A decade of Bush-bashing, and regardless of how dirty it gets…Obama is elected. Seems to me that independent voters still haven’t broken away from the MSM.

MadisonConservative on June 29, 2011 at 2:34 PM

MadisonConservative on June 29, 2011 at 2:25 PM

Send me a couple of tickets and passes for the Monaco Grand Prix.

Maybe we could score a nice obscenely expensive yatch for a day or two.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 2:39 PM

Seems to me that independent voters still haven’t broken away from the MSM.

MadisonConservative on June 29, 2011 at 2:34 PM

Yes, but what will it take?

Maybe Palinapalooza 2012. lol

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 2:40 PM

Well, if you can’t, then I would seriously doubt MadisonConservative’s bank robbing capabilities.

blink on June 29, 2011 at 2:41 PM

He is quite proficient with small arms, from what I gather.

I’m a helluva wheelman. :)

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 2:45 PM

He is quite proficient with small arms, from what I gather.

I’m a helluva wheelman. :)

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 2:45 PM

Pfft. Cars and guns? All about exploiting weaknesses in network security. Gather from a number of smaller banks, transfer until the trail goes cold, pull out cash at multiple locations, and you’re golden.

And should we go all-out and get a 200-foot yatch?

MadisonConservative on June 29, 2011 at 2:49 PM

And should we go all-out and get a 200-foot yatch?

MadisonConservative on June 29, 2011 at 2:49 PM

Take a look at some of these.

charterworld.com

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 2:54 PM

I don’t know what other people heard & saw on this clip but I did not get the same impression a lot of y’all did, that Sarah is definitely running. There might be a lot of wishful thinking going on around here.

kg598301 on June 29, 2011 at 3:02 PM

After 2 years of relentless attacks on everthing about her, and her ability to lead, here she is, standing firm; and still a formidable contender for the Republican nomination. This woman is tough as nails, fearless, and understands how to handle adversity; not to mention her strong moral character. She seems not only smart, but rather wise; and she embodies the American spirit. This woman is a leader.

SheetAnchor on June 29, 2011 at 3:02 PM

MadisonConservative on June 29, 2011 at 2:49 PM

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 2:54 PM

Obligatory.

Bee on June 29, 2011 at 3:04 PM

Bee on June 29, 2011 at 3:04 PM

Heh.

I’m on a boat biatch!

Truly, poets of their generation.

That’s depressing. :)

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 3:12 PM

Bristol came out swinging against bachmann today. Got to love her spunk. said bachmann dresses like her mom. thinks its funny….ROFL…..

unseen on June 29, 2011 at 4:21 PM

us to deny the fact that during all this time there hasn’t been much change?

Bee on June 29, 2011 at 12:46 PM

That assumption may not be accurate. Since her NE RV/bus tour, CNN and the AP have issued polls that show that her unfavorable number has improved for ALL voters (not just R’s). I believe the CNN # is now 52% and the AP 55%, down from the mid to low 60′s…IF she campaigns, and all that entails — public appearances, R debates, etc. — the viewing public/voters will see Palin not the Tina Fey impersonation…

Gohawgs on June 30, 2011 at 3:36 AM