Alaska poll: Obama 42, Palin 36

posted at 8:36 pm on June 28, 2011 by Allahpundit

Lots of people e-mailing about this. I feel like I’m fishing and I’ve suddenly landed a blue marlin on the line; it’s too powerful for me to handle. I’m not sure I can even get the damned thing into the boat, so heavy is it with comment potential.

Seriously, there’s no way a political star like Palin would lose her own very Republican home state to The One. Unemployment would have to be at one percent.

The poll found 42 percent of Alaskan voters would pick Obama in a head to head race against Palin for the presidency, while 36 percent of the voters would choose Palin over him.

Conservative Anchorage radio host Mike Porcaro paid for Hays Research to ask the question.

“Sarah Palin showcases her Alaska roots at every opportunity, but the surprising reality is she has become highly unpopular in her home state,” Porcaro said in an emailed statement.

“Whether it is the fact she left office after serving barely two years or that some Alaskans believe her tax policies have punished our vital oil and gas industry or the ‘rock star’ nature of her media coverage, these results show Sarah Palin would lose to Obama in Alaska, where voters overwhelmingly support conservative candidates,” Porcaro said.

Alaskans have been voting in presidential elections since 1960. They’ve backed the Republican every single time except once — in 1964, when they supported, er, a welfare-state liberal Democrat over a “true conservative” Republican. The poll, incidentally, was conducted by Hays Research, whose final poll of the 2008 presidential campaign put John McCain just three points ahead of Obama in Alaska notwithstanding Palin’s presence on the ticket. The actual result on election day: McCain 59, Obama 38. In other words, Hays isn’t worth much. (But they’re worth just enough that you can use them in a pinch to offset other polls whose results you may not like.)

Meanwhile, at tonight’s movie premiere in Iowa, she sure is sounding like a candidate:

Though she indicated that she is still not close to announcing her decision on whether she will run for president, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin on Tuesday said that she would fully commit to the traditional process leading up to the Iowa caucuses, if she does through her hat in the ring.

“110 percent,” Palin told RealClearPolitics before entering the premiere of a documentary that extols her accomplishments in office. “Doing as much as I can to garner that support. It’s necessary.”…

Asked about her daughter Bristol’s pronouncement during an appearance on Fox News on Tuesday morning that her mother “definitely knows” whether she intends to launch a White House bid, Palin said that she texted Bristol after hearing about the remark.

“I said, ‘What did you say this morning, honey?’” Palin said with a smile. “I told Bristol, too, what is talked about on the fishing boat stays on the fishing boat.”

Exit question: If it did come down to Obama vs. Palin, which side would our old friend Lena Maloney campaign for?

Update: Ah, another bad poll from the Hays people via one of the C4P bloggers. Late last October, they had Joe Miller trailing Democrat Scott McAdams by six points for second place behind Murkowski. Election day results: Murky 39, Miller 35, McAdams 23.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 5 6 7 8

Whatever guys!

At least there’s still hope for SARAHCUDA 2012!

WooooooooooooooooooooooooooT!

TheAlamos on June 29, 2011 at 9:08 AM

However, I think she will run, and perform better than expected by many. If she does, her PAC starts turning in fundraising numbers that are in the top 3-4 candidates consistently, she enters debates and holds her own with Romney, Pawlenty, Bachmann, etc. then wins or places in the top 2-3 spots in Iowa, SC, etc…

I think the many average voters will sit up and say “hey, she’s not the Tina Fey caricature the media told me she was!”

Could be wrong, but that’s the path I see to her winning the nomination, and defeating Obama.

cs89 on June 29, 2011 at 8:58 AM

I can see that happening. It’s just that tiny little last part which is always a gamble. As I said, I don’t doubt she can win the nomination. The general–that Palin magic I’ve been hearing about–is the concern. When do you think she’ll declare and why do you think she’s waiting it out?

Bee on June 29, 2011 at 9:08 AM

Are some folks seriously protesting that a GOP candidate who is too weak to win the nomination with Palin in the mix, is strong enough to defeat an incumbent in the general election?

Pretty faulty logic, IMO.

cs89 on June 29, 2011 at 9:02 AM

If she wins the nom and loses to Obama, nobody from the GOP would have beaten him.

Explain that last part?
Bee on June 29, 2011 at 8:53 AM

cs89′s comment explains it.

fossten on June 29, 2011 at 9:08 AM

RINO’s have bought on to the left’s attacks on Palin because they can’t beat her without resorting to the same old PDS.

Ask yourself, why?

Roy Rogers on June 29, 2011 at 9:10 AM

I just wonder why she hasn’t been working to change those opinions in the interim if it were as simple as speaking for herself. She’s had a lot of time to do that, you know?

Bee on June 29, 2011 at 8:42 AM

Uhhh, well, she did write two books and a fair number of editorials, and she has appeared on FOX quite a few times, AND “The Undefeated” premiered in Iowa yesterday, so if all of those things don’t qualify as “working to change those opinions in the interim,” then I’m not quite sure what you expect her to have been doing.

Aitch748 on June 29, 2011 at 9:11 AM

I am personally very skeptical of the argument some make that Palin should not run, she may keep other candidates from shining in her “shade-”

but then that candidate could beat Obama?

Pretty faulty logic, IMO.

cs89 on June 29, 2011 at 9:02 AM

OK, that’s what I was wondering. I wasn’t sure if that was what fossten meant. I definitely agree. The only time I’d be sympathetic to that charge is if Palin never jumps in, never backs a candidate, but continues to show up at other candidate’s primary events to draw her own crowds. All of which I know she wouldn’t do, so, moot point.

Bee on June 29, 2011 at 9:12 AM

The right needs to start showing off an Obama look a like to do to Obama what Tina Fey did to Palin in 2008.

Roy Rogers on June 29, 2011 at 9:12 AM

cs89′s comment explains it.

fossten on June 29, 2011 at 9:08 AM

Got it. :)

Bee on June 29, 2011 at 9:12 AM

It’d be one thing if it were Romney vs. Palin. I wouldn’t do that. We’re it Bachmann vs. Palin? That’s a bit more difficult and public approval might factor in. That’s that little sliver I’m talking about.

Bee on June 29, 2011 at 8:59 AM

And that’s why I don’t think we have an utterly pathetic field. Palin is my #1 choice (for reasons that I won’t rehash the details of right now) and if she doesn’t run, or washes out before South Dakota’s primary, then I jump on the Cain train or get down with Bachmannia. It’s really simple to me: Pick a candidate and have a backup plan ready just in case.

gryphon202 on June 29, 2011 at 9:14 AM

Bee on June 29, 2011 at 9:12 AM

I find it difficult to resist becoming impatient for Palin to get in the race. I remind myself that it’s still very early (17 months is a LOOOOONG time) and the anxiety is caused by the media gearing up and HotAir constantly pushing for traffic. Palin is simply doing what she needs to do to decide. She can’t declare until mid July anyway, due to the statute of limitations on ethics complaints in Alaska.

fossten on June 29, 2011 at 9:14 AM

Bee on June 29, 2011 at 9:08 AM

Can we worry about nominating a candidate first, before we start sh!tting ourselves over the general?

gryphon202 on June 29, 2011 at 9:15 AM

All the trolls have gone home now.

Soros doesn’t pay overtime.

I got woken up this morning when the fillings in my teeth sent me orders from Soros HQ, telling me to go on this website and attack Palin. But only Palin. Because, you see, Soros is a secret Mitt Romney or Michelle Bachmann or Tim Pawlenty or Herman Cain or Jon Huntsman supporter.

So, here goes, Mr. Soros:

Sarah Palin is, umm, not good.

YYZ on June 29, 2011 at 9:15 AM

You get a C-

Geochelone on June 29, 2011 at 1:17 AM

I am starting to think your win the other night was an accident on your part. Your “I know you are but what am I” justification for your obsessive behavior is what I expect from an elementary school age child. What is next….’my daddy can beat up your daddy”? Why have you back slid on the depth of your obsession?

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 9:16 AM

When do you think she’ll declare and why do you think she’s waiting it out?

Bee on June 29, 2011 at 9:08 AM

Well, I don’t have any “inside knowledge.” I do know that Sarahpac is pushing the DVD (if you donate $100, they send you a disk of “The Undefeated”), likely to bump her fundraising numbers. I’d expect an announcement this summer, and would expect her to participate in the Ames straw poll & fall debates.

I’ve heard the speculation about the 2-year waiting period on ethics complaints, but dunno if there’s any truth to that motivation. I also remember that she’s typically busy in the summer (fishing, family time etc.), and news stories in previous cycles have emphasized how voters start paying more attention in the fall, after summer vacations & when the kids are back in school, etc.

She has indicated that she would announce on the radio program if she runs (I think the Bob & Mark show?) so if I see any announcements that “Palin will be on our show this morning” I’ll probably try to follow along & see what’s going on.

Could be wrong, but that’s my guess.

cs89 on June 29, 2011 at 9:19 AM

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 9:16 AM

Speaking of sack licking poll-o-philes…

gryphon202 on June 29, 2011 at 9:22 AM

Pray, do tell, where might I find a csdeven blog?

steebo77 on June 29, 2011 at 1:25 AM

Do you really need to be directed to a blog where the commentators are obsessed with me? You and your band of obsessives are fixated on every political comment I make. Rather than respond to the merits of the comment or simply ignoring me, you feed your obsession with me by making insulting personal remarks or some other comment that focuses on me. csdeven blog you ask? You guys have hijacked just about every single thread on HA with comments about me. And note that I haven’t asked you to do so. You choose to nurture your obsession with me.

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 9:23 AM

cs89 on June 29, 2011 at 9:19 AM

Just recently heard that, myself. It made the (perceived) hesitation make a bit more sense, but I haven’t done my own research to see if it’s true or not. I’m lazy like that, I admit.

Bee on June 29, 2011 at 9:26 AM

telling me to go on this website and attack Palin. But only Palin.

YYZ on June 29, 2011 at 9:15 AM

So who else have you ever attacked at this forum? *gasp* Obama?? LOL

pseudoforce on June 29, 2011 at 9:27 AM

I am not sure who will win, but I do know that Palin has virtually no chance. Anything is possible, but I am getting tired of people assuming that I am a Palin hater or that I am a RINO or that I have to come up with a super duper alternative if I point out the simple reality that Palin’s numbers suck, they just do.
Terrye on June 29, 2011 at 6:54 AM

Obama is a disaster and commie trash will need a cooperative opponent (McCain 2008) in order to defend him

SP gives them no clue how he will be attacked

bongo is so vulnerable that it’s not if you can beat him, but who.

The establishment likes the establishment and they aren’t thrilled with SP and that suits me fine

Sonosam on June 29, 2011 at 9:27 AM

put simply, I’m fed up, I am not going to buy the media’s narrative, and play by their rules or that of the establishment of either party. The line must be drawn here! Its time to push back.

Sharr on June 29, 2011 at 3:26 AM

THIS. Reagan recognized this and that’s why the MSM, especially Sam Donaldson were driven nuts with the teflon president. Don’t let them set the narrative.

AH_C on June 29, 2011 at 9:28 AM

Anxiously waiting for unseen to join him in the mental health facility.

Hollowpoint on June 29, 2011 at 1:32 AM

I respectfully disagree. unseen attended the csdeven program to overcome his obsessive fixation on csdeven. After many sessions, he made the choice to, for the most part, cease making insulting comments. Now he simply makes comments of a political nature. I have a relative who is a Palin fan. She is always promoting Palin and even tried to convince me to help purchase the new Palin propaganda film. She, like unseen, are harmless.

:-)

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 9:30 AM

Kataklysmic on June 29, 2011 at 2:10 AM

I mostly agree with that assessment. I do know quite a bit about the LDS faith. I am very impressed with their commitment to faith, family, duty, and country. The minutia of the faith makes absolute sense to me.

But if I have to pull the lever for Romney, I will be retching the entire time. My goal is to replace Obama and if that means voting for a Limburger cheese sandwich, then so be it.

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 9:33 AM

gryphon202 on June 29, 2011 at 8:31 AM

Thanks for the response … I think.

And sorry that I haven’t paid enough attention to you. I certainly didn’t mean to offend you with my “simple question that is not a simple question”. I just didn’t realize that your opinion and posts we’re more valuable than others. Now I do … or at least I know that you think they are.

I’ll be sure and keep up on your posts in the future.

Have a great day and I hope you feel better!

Rod on June 29, 2011 at 9:36 AM

“She signed my Milk Duds.”

Dongemaharu on June 29, 2011 at 9:39 AM

Thanks for the response … I think.

I’ll be sure and keep up on your posts in the future.

Have a great day and I hope you feel better!

Rod on June 29, 2011 at 9:36 AM

I think you misunderstand. It’s not that my opinions are more valuable than others. Just that I have repeated them ad nauseum, especially over the last couple of years.

gryphon202 on June 29, 2011 at 9:39 AM

csdeven called us the latter two.

This is the new ‘meme’.

Opinionator on June 29, 2011 at 5:21 AM

You do use the same justifications for your positions as Alinski, Progressives, and terrorists do. That is not the same as accusing you of being a terrorist.

When you and others of your ilk of name callers are called on your obsession with your fellow HA members, you double down on your initial unwarranted acrimonious personal attacks, by claiming we are at fault for your attack. This is what terrorists and progressives do. They attack their enemies and blame us for their attack.

If you don’t like being so closely aligned with that type of irrational justification for your nasty behavior, then I suggest you cease attacking your fellow HA members for their political views.

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 9:44 AM

Yeah Boy! This is the way to pick our candidates! Let polls and LSM pick’em. No wonder we end up with mush mouthed RINO’s representing us. (retching noise in background)

Herb on June 29, 2011 at 9:45 AM

Missed these. Apologies!

fossten on June 29, 2011 at 9:14 AM

I’m pretty eager for it to start, too. :) Regarding the ethics issue: do you have a source? As I said, lazy.

gryphon202 on June 29, 2011 at 9:15 AM

I know you’re not telling me to calm down. Oh man.

Bee on June 29, 2011 at 9:46 AM

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 9:44 AM

the most vile spewing acrimonious hate monger I have ever read.

csdeven on June 16, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Rather than go back into threads to find those comments. I’ll concede the point to you that you do not hate monger etc. But if I ever see you do it, I’ll refer you to this discussion.

Fair enough?

csdeven on June 16, 2011 at 11:59 AM

fossten on June 29, 2011 at 9:46 AM

csdeven called us the latter two.

This is the new ‘meme’.

Opinionator on June 29, 2011 at 5:21 AM

You do use the same justifications for your positions as Alinski, Progressives, and terrorists. That is not the same as accusing you of being a terrorist.

When you and others of your ilk of name callers are called on your obsession with your fellow HA members, you double down on your unwarranted acrimonious personal attacks (over a political disagreement), by claiming we are at fault for your initial attack. This is what terrorists and progressives do. They attack their enemies and blame us for their attack.

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 9:47 AM

Yay!!!! A csdeven thread!

Yay!!!!!

darwin on June 29, 2011 at 9:50 AM

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 9:23 AM

Just a reminder:

I quit reading his/her comments about a week ago. I thought maybe he/she would tone it down after a while, but judging by your response to some comment he/she made, that is clearly never going to happen.

It sounds like he/she has gotten worse. A week ago he/she was the most vile spewing acrimonious hate monger I have ever read.

csdeven on June 16, 2011 at 11:19 AM

steebo77 on June 29, 2011 at 9:53 AM

Yay!!!! A csdeven thread!

Yay!!!!!

darwin on June 29, 2011 at 9:50 AM

Yay indeed. Still comparing HA conservative Americans to the murdering maniac scum Al Queda.

Then saying it isn’t a “personal attack”.

Been through this before, same old same old.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 9:54 AM

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 9:44 AM

the most vile spewing acrimonious hate monger I have ever read.
csdeven on June 16, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Fair enough?

csdeven on June 16, 2011 at 11:59 AM

fossten on June 29, 2011 at 9:55 AM

Louise will be signing autographs at a Puss n Boots bookstore near you.

Seriously, why do you bother feeding the attention whore?

*shaking head*

Roy Rogers on June 29, 2011 at 9:57 AM

Louise will be signing autographs at a Puss n Boots bookstore near you.

Seriously, why do you bother feeding the attention whore?

*shaking head*

Roy Rogers on June 29, 2011 at 9:57 AM

Now now, be careful what you say or you may be judged to have earned a comparison to Abu Musab Al Zarquawi.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 10:00 AM

Louise will be signing autographs at a Puss n Boots bookstore near you.

Roy Rogers on June 29, 2011 at 9:57 AM

LMAO

darwin on June 29, 2011 at 10:05 AM

You can use them in a pinch to attract commentors, maybe?

Does anyone still not think she is running?

Don L on June 29, 2011 at 10:07 AM

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 9:54 AM

Not only to the system of rationalization that terrorists use, but also Alinskiites and progressives.

If you don’t like the comparison, then don’t use the same system of justification. You do this to mask your obsession with me and those who have a political disagreement with you. The difference between you and your ilk is that they blow up people and you level personal insults.

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 10:07 AM

The difference between you and your ilk and the terrorists, is that they blow up people and you level personal insults.

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 10:08 AM

Video of Palin speaking to the audience inside the theater.

Dongemaharu on June 29, 2011 at 10:08 AM

Seriously, why do you bother feeding the attention whore?

*shaking head*

Roy Rogers on June 29, 2011 at 9:57 AM

For the same reason you can’t get me out of your head. You’re obsessed with me.

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 10:09 AM

your obsession with me

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 10:07 AM

Is nothing compared to your obsession of you.

fossten on June 29, 2011 at 10:09 AM

Does anyone still not think she is running?

Don L on June 29, 2011 at 10:07 AM

Nick Periwinkle and Hollowpoint maintain she isn’t running.

darwin on June 29, 2011 at 10:10 AM

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 10:07 AM

That is weak, lame and nonsensical.

If you don’t want to be compared to Adolph Hitler, stop saying things I disagree with, and you will not have earned that comparison.

You insult everyone here with this bullsh!t.

It is uncalled for, beyond any decency.

I suggest you re examine your own motivations here, because you are exposing yourself in a very unpleasant way.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 10:11 AM

Everyone was having a nice, civil discussion then guess what?

csdeven showed up! Now it’s become the csdeven show!

darwin on June 29, 2011 at 10:11 AM

Is nothing compared to your obsession of you.

fossten on June 29, 2011 at 10:09 AM

So true.

darwin on June 29, 2011 at 10:12 AM

If you don’t feed the trolls, they will soon go away or starve. I suggest that the great Chicago messiah will use the Cloward Piven strategy as we near the election by cluttering all conservative sites with parasites, like we see here, dominating the information and stealing the thread.

Starve them of the opportunity – don’t feed the trolls. It might do well for HA to limit one comment source on each thread to a maximum number of comments to defeat Cloward Piven saturation.

Don L on June 29, 2011 at 10:13 AM

That is weak, lame and nonsensical.

You insult everyone here with this bullsh!t.

It is uncalled for, beyond any decency.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 10:11 AM

To quote csdeven, “This is a very unflattering glimpse into his personality. It’s not pretty.”

fossten on June 29, 2011 at 10:14 AM

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 10:08 AM

So, murder is the only difference between me and ” my ilk” and Al Queda?

There are no other differences like, say, a belief in individual liberty and freedom, a belief that America is a force in the world for liberation of oppressed people?

See what I’m saying, you are acting like a scumbag leftist yourself now.

They refer to conservatives as “The American Taliban”.

Markos wrote a book with that title.

I suggest you back up, and re think yourself.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 10:14 AM

Louise is ready for her close up Mr. deMille!

Roy Rogers on June 29, 2011 at 10:14 AM

The only polls I trust come from Rasmussen. If Rasmussen says any candidate is losing to Obama, then I will trust that result.

Voter from WA State on June 29, 2011 at 10:13 AM

Polls are worth bupkiss at this point.

MJBrutus on June 9, 2011 at 12:16 PM

fossten on June 29, 2011 at 10:15 AM

Attempting a rational “discussion” with Louise is a lot like sausage making and politics.

Roy Rogers on June 29, 2011 at 10:16 AM

They refer to conservatives as “The American Taliban”.

Markos wrote a book with that title.

I suggest you back up, and re think yourself.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 10:14 AM

Cslouis bought that book from an affiliate link while surfing HuffPo back in the day.

fossten on June 29, 2011 at 10:16 AM

Everyone was having a nice, civil discussion then guess what?

csdeven showed up! Now it’s become the csdeven show!

darwin on June 29, 2011 at 10:11 AM

At which point you have to start watching for csdeven droppings and step over them to find the posters worth reading.

Aitch748 on June 29, 2011 at 10:16 AM

Louise suffers from diarrhea of the keyboard.

Roy Rogers on June 29, 2011 at 10:18 AM

If you don’t feed the trolls, they will soon go away or starve.

Don L on June 29, 2011 at 10:13 AM

csdeven is fully capable of engaging in disturbingly long (30-hour or longer) conversations, mostly with himself, in the comment threads.

steebo77 on June 29, 2011 at 10:18 AM

Aitch748 on June 29, 2011 at 10:16 AM

Yeah, kind of like how the terrorists who attacked the hotel in Mumbai India were stepping over the bodies of innocent people they murdered looking for new victims to slaughter in the name of Allah, pbuh.

Yeah, just like that.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 10:19 AM

Like I’ve said for months:

Palin won’t sniff 40% against a lame incumbent in a horrible economy.

This poll is about where the general election will end up.

rickyricardo on June 29, 2011 at 10:20 AM

Video of Palin speaking to the audience inside the theater.

Dongemaharu on June 29, 2011 at 10:08 AM

Did she actually say that she was glad to see this movie was about her, but it really isn’t about her? Then she went on and talk about how she got into politics and stayed in politics.

Exactly what I thought…I got through 2 minutes and had to turn it off.

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 10:20 AM

Exactly what I thought…I got through 2 minutes and had to turn it off.

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 10:20 AM

Because you hate, just like Hitler./

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 10:23 AM

Exactly what I thought…I got through 2 minutes and had to turn it off.

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 10:20 AM

One of the most obvious signs of a visceral hate is the abject denial.

fossten on June 29, 2011 at 10:23 AM

Honey! That stupid “Louise” commercial you hate is on again!

Roy Rogers on June 29, 2011 at 10:24 AM

Exactly what I thought…I got through 2 minutes and had to turn it off.

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 10:20 AM

Because you hate, just like Hitler./

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 10:23 AM

Isn’t ‘turn it off’ code for putting the Palins in extermination ovens or something? Hmm…

fossten on June 29, 2011 at 10:24 AM

fossten on June 29, 2011 at 10:24 AM

It is certainly possible that the comparison may have been earned.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 10:26 AM

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 10:20 AM

Uhh, can I answer this question directed at my post without being obsessed with you, or something? Well, I’ll try. The answer to your question is “no.”

Dongemaharu on June 29, 2011 at 10:28 AM

You insult everyone here with this bullsh!t.

Pointing out your obsession with me is not an insult. It is a description of what you are doing. If you don’t like what you are, then cease the behavior that defines you as such.

It is uncalled for, beyond any decency.

I make a political comment that isn’t what you believe and you start insulting me in an attempt to shut me up, then when I point out to you that you blame me for your unwarranted personal attacks just like terrorists, Alinkskites, and progressives do, you have the gall to claim victimhood status? Do you ever read what you write before you hit “submit comment”?

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 10:11 AM

No, you need to reexamine your motivations when you attack me when I express my political opinion that differs from yours. That is uncalled for, uncivil, and indecent.

The solution to this is very, very, very, simple and it rests entirely with you…..

CEASE LEVELING PERSONAL ATTACKS AT ME BECAUSE I HAVE A DIFFERENT POLITICAL OPINION.

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 10:29 AM

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 10:29 AM

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!

Can we assume, then, that by your own definition, you have an obsession with Palin?

fossten on June 29, 2011 at 10:32 AM

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 10:29 AM

Why don’t you do us all a favor and shut the hell up? Your little game of trolling then acting like a martyr is too transparent.

darwin on June 29, 2011 at 10:32 AM

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 10:29 AM

Oh, the irony.

the most vile spewing acrimonious hate monger I have ever read.
csdeven on June 16, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Fair enough?

csdeven on June 16, 2011 at 11:59 AM

fossten on June 29, 2011 at 10:33 AM

Dongemaharu on June 29, 2011 at 10:28 AM

Sure. The comment is about Palin. That is the thread topic and I initiated the comment to you.

Does she walk back the comments she made after the first two minutes? Because what I heard was her talking about herself and her career with a spattering of references to restoring American values.

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 10:33 AM

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 10:33 AM

So, you passed judgment without watching the whole thing, and now you lazily want someone else to clarify it for you?

By the way, it’s ‘smattering,’ not ‘spattering.’ There’s no blood in the video.

fossten on June 29, 2011 at 10:35 AM

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 10:29 AM

The rationalization, projection and denial is rather disturbing here, Adolph.

I’m not attacking you, just giving you what you have earned by your own behavior.

You can’t even watch a video in it’s entirety of Palin, yet you still must tear it down.

Kind of like how Hitler could not stand Jews in his country.

Your anti-Palin Kristallnacht is becoming obsessive, and rather weird.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 10:40 AM

darwin on June 29, 2011 at 10:32 AM

Why don’t you wrestle control of your own thoughts and either ignore what I say, or cease obsessing on me to the point where you feel compelled to level personal attacks?

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 10:41 AM

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 10:33 AM

Dude, I already answered your question. The answer was “no.”

Dongemaharu on June 29, 2011 at 10:42 AM

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 10:33 AM

Why don’t you halt the Panzers, take a breather, and watch the rest of it so you can see for yourself?

Or is your obsessive hatred too strong?

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 10:44 AM

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 10:41 AM

Probably because you saturate every single Palin thread with your “look at me, look at me!” “I can’t hear you!” troll antics. Your comments are filled with unwarranted personal attacks (including outright lies about other commenters), half-baked talking points repeated ad nauseam, and accusations that others are engaging in the very trollish behaviors you yourself exhibit. You are not interested in serious debate or discussion of issues. You are an attention-starved troll.

steebo77 on June 29, 2011 at 10:48 AM

Your anti-Palin Kristallnacht is becoming obsessive, and rather weird.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 10:40 AM

On a political blog, the discussion of politicians is completely acceptable. What is not acceptable is your obsession with my differing opinion on St Palin that leads you to level personal attacks.

Your use of the personal attack to silence me is despicable. My explanation of your bizarre obsession with me is an attempt to get you to stick with giving the group your political opinion and cease obsessing on me. I want you to opine on the thread topic, you want to silence my opinion on the thread topic.

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 10:48 AM

Louise suffers from diarrhea of the keyboard.

Roy Rogers on June 29, 2011 at 10:18 AM

CS Louis suffers period.

It’s like every other post on basically every damn thread your name appears. Holy crap on a stick, give it a rest pal.

Seriously, get away from the keyboard and DO SOMETHING ELSE !! I gotta get back to work …… what are you gonna go ??

Jerome Horwitz on June 29, 2011 at 10:50 AM

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 10:48 AM

PDS

idesign on June 29, 2011 at 10:50 AM

Dude, I already answered your question. The answer was “no.”

Dongemaharu on June 29, 2011 at 10:42 AM

So what I heard her say in the first two minutes is the same stuff I would hear for the rest of it. Thanks for the clarification.

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 10:50 AM

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 10:41 AM

The mere fact I’m responding to you makes it’s personal you nut.

Why don’t YOU quit responding to perceived ATTACKS you obsessive fruitloop.

darwin on June 29, 2011 at 10:51 AM

PDS

idesign on June 29, 2011 at 10:50 AM

Out: csdeven
In: pdsdeven

steebo77 on June 29, 2011 at 10:54 AM

steebo77 on June 29, 2011 at 10:48 AM

You have the cart before the horse. I give a political opinion on Palin et al, and you and your types start with the “Look at csdeven, look at csdeven”.

When you cease with those types of responses, I wouldn’t point out you are obsessing over a private person on a political blog.

You’re in control…..what will you do from here on out?

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 10:54 AM

what are you gonna go ??

what are you gonna do, not go.

Jerome Horwitz on June 29, 2011 at 10:54 AM

Kind of like how Hitler could not stand Jews in his country.

Your anti-Palin Kristallnacht is becoming obsessive, and rather weird.

More insanity from the Palinbots.

rickyricardo on June 29, 2011 at 10:55 AM

More insanity from the Palinbots.

rickyricardo on June 29, 2011 at 10:55 AM

Oh no, you see, she has earned it.

I’m merely pointing it out.

No personal attack, just pointing out that a comparison to a mass murdering maniac is entirely natural on Hot Air, to fellow conservative Americans.

Just reasonable debate techniques, that’s all.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 11:00 AM

Alaska, where voters overwhelmingly support conservative candidates

*snort

Like Lisa Moocowpie?

MeatHeadinCA on June 29, 2011 at 11:02 AM

The mere fact I’m responding to you makes it’s personal you nut.

You can respond to a person without level insults because they disagree with you. That is and always has been my assertion. You couldn’t even control yourself long enough to leave the personal insult out of that comment.

Why don’t YOU quit responding to perceived ATTACKS you obsessive fruitloop.

darwin on June 29, 2011 at 10:51 AM

When I comment on a politician and a fellow HA member levels a personal insult at me because that opinion differs from their opinion, that is a personal attack. The only person with the perception problem is you. You are justifying your continues insult because I called you out on your initial unwarranted personal attacks. The proof is there if you chose to follow the pattern of behavior from those who attack me. It will happen again the next time I criticize Palin. Rather than respond to the criticism or simply ignore me, one of you will start the name calling. I will point out how inappropriate it is, and then you will level more personal attacks, thereby establishing your obsessive behavior.

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 11:04 AM

Out: csdeven
In: pdsdeven

steebo77 on June 29, 2011 at 10:54 AM

Doubling down on the obsessive behavior doesn’t mitigate the initial obsessiveness.

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 11:06 AM

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 11:04 AM

Yes, you can do that without equating mass murdering maniacs with conservative Americans who disagree with you.

I suggest you try it.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 11:07 AM

Honey! About that “Louise” commercial you hate? It’s the same old one where she channels David Axelrod.

Never mind!

Roy Rogers on June 29, 2011 at 11:07 AM

Dude, I already answered your question. The answer was “no.”

Dongemaharu on June 29, 2011 at 10:42 AM

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 10:50 AM

Oh, you didn’t understand. Well. I tried.

Your anti-Palin Kristallnacht is becoming obsessive, and rather weird.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 10:40 AM

Your use of the personal attack to silence me is despicable.
csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 10:48 AM

Hey Brian, you’re desssssssspicable.

Dongemaharu on June 29, 2011 at 11:08 AM

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 11:06 AM

Doubling down on equating conservative Americans with mass murdering maniacs doesn’t get any more acceptable by simply conceding that conservative Hot Air members haven’t actually murdered anyone.

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 11:08 AM

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 11:04 AM

Shut up you liar. This morning this thread was going along just fine until you showed up. Wanna see your first comment of the morning?

You get a C-

Geochelone on June 29, 2011 at 1:17 AM

csdeven on June 29, 2011 at 9:16 AM

Yeah, you responded to someone with a personal attack.

There’s something wrong with you.

darwin on June 29, 2011 at 11:11 AM

CS Deven whoop ass…

Bradky on June 29, 2011 at 12:17 AM

Removing the word that didn’t belong…..

tom on June 29, 2011 at 11:12 AM

Yeah, you responded to someone with a personal attack.

There’s something wrong with you.

darwin on June 29, 2011 at 11:11 AM

Hey, you are rationalizing just like Bin Laden.

Not a personal attack, not at all./

Brian1972 on June 29, 2011 at 11:13 AM

Hey Brian, you’re desssssssspicable.

Dongemaharu on June 29, 2011 at 11:08 AM

Hehehehe

Well, at least we now have a Daffy Duck reference.

MeatHeadinCA on June 29, 2011 at 11:18 AM