Finally: College Democrats of America explain why they’re Democrats

posted at 9:27 pm on June 27, 2011 by Allahpundit

The clip’s not three minutes long, but there’s so much comic material to be mined that it managed to inspire both an Ace top ten list and a 10-minute segment on Glenn Beck.

Why I’d want to be a Democrat if I were 20 years old right now: Because I enjoy paying into an entitlement system that totally rips me off.

Via Reason, your perhaps-not-unrelated graph of the day. Note the age breakdown:

When asked how she’s planning to take back the House next year, Pelosi said, “Our three most important issues: Medicare, Medicare and Medicare.” That’s how sure she is that these free-thinkin’ young Democrats, on whom Obama’s counting to turn out en masse a la 2008 to push him over the top in swing states, will in fact turn out and vote for a generational health-care subsidy to the tune of 25 cents on the dollar. And you know what? I bet they will, too. Click the second image to watch.

Why I’m a Democrat from Rob Flaherty on Vimeo.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

It is a reasonable question. Liberals seem to be generally surprised when they meet a Republican who is not rich or a pawn of the rich.

I’m a conservative because I believe that if people don’t reep the consequences, good and bad, of their actions that this country will eventually go the way all socialist countries, which is higher and higher unemployment and lower and lower standard of living for everyone.

It doesn’t matter if everyone gets a great public education if that education is filled with liberal crap that prevents people from accomplishing anything because all capital is sucked into endless welfare programs.

pedestrian on June 27, 2011 at 10:43 PM

Why is it that many of the responses thus far read as if they were conceived while screaming at passing cars?

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:48 PM

Right. I asked a serious question and I got stupid, juvenile answers. Excuse me for being disappointed.

ROFL

Bishop on June 27, 2011 at 10:48 PM

bluemarlin on June 27, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Obliviousness: see Crr6

RDE2010 on June 27, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Yep. Can you do any better? At least some of the kids in the video had reasons that were more substantive than “I want to take a real stand.”

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:37 PM

What substance would that be?

How is saying “I’m a Democrat because I’m Christian, not in spite of it” more substantive than “I’m a Conservative because Christ was a Conservative”?

What’s substantive about saying “because I believe anyone can make it in America” when you’re from the party of handouts and handicapping the playing field?

What’s substantive about saying “I’m a Democrat because America is a Democracy, not a theocracy”?

The only person to give an actual reason from what I remember is the “Government should take care of its people” chick. If you’re a Democrat because you support a nanny state, hey, more power to you. Be proud of it.

Good Solid B-Plus on June 27, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Because I believe the only legitimate job of government is to protect our natural rights to life, liberty, and private property. That means providing for national defense, a strong court system, and law enforcement.

Everything else, not expressed strictly and explicitly in the Constitution, is extraneous and taxes used to pay for these “services” are nothing more than robbery and theft.

Read Bastiat’s “The Law,” that explains why I am a conservative.

Nelsen on June 27, 2011 at 10:47 PM

This is at least somewhat coherent (albeit completely indefensible).

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:50 PM

Agreed. Those responses were almost as dumb as the responses conservatives have given in this thread.

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:44 PM

Instead of ridiculing them like we are why don’t you explain why you are and we should, be Democrats! That is the tic last time I read that thread title Thimbu!

bluemarlin on June 27, 2011 at 10:51 PM

Last I checked the topic was ” why I am a Democrat”.

bluemarlin on June 27, 2011 at 10:41 PM

When and where did you check?

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:43 PM

Finally: College Democrats of America explain why they’re Democrats

bluemarlin on June 27, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Let that simmer for awhile. Just let it simmer.

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:51 PM

I’m a conservative because I want a politician that lives up to this quote from Barry Goldwater:

“I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution or that have failed their purpose, or that impose on the people an unwarranted financial burden. I will not attempt to discover whether legislation is “needed” before I have first determined whether it is constitutionally permissible. And if I should later be attacked for neglecting my constituents “interests,” I shall reply that I was informed that their main interest is liberty and that in that cause I am doing the very best I can.”

Nelsen on June 27, 2011 at 10:51 PM

I’m a demorat because I want to work for the welfare of others, you know like Christian missionar…..uhh…wait…can I start over?

Bishop on June 27, 2011 at 10:52 PM

What substance would that be?

Good Solid B-Plus on June 27, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Yeah I mean, they’re both pretty stupid.

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:52 PM

Dang it, that should read

That is the topic last time I read that thread topic thingy!

bluemarlin on June 27, 2011 at 10:53 PM

I’m a conservative because I believe that if people don’t reap the consequences, good and bad, of their actions that this country will eventually go the way all socialist countries, which is higher and higher unemployment and lower and lower standard of living for everyone.

pedestrian on June 27, 2011 at 10:43 PM

Good answer, pedestrian!

wren on June 27, 2011 at 10:53 PM

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:44 PM

No, they were far dumber. I’ll take empty platitudes over sheer ignorance any day.

“I’m a Democrat because I hate NAFTA-style free trade agreements!”

You know, NAFTA, passed with 27 Dem Senators, signed by Bill Clinton.

Or, well, I’ll let the College Republican guy handle this one; you know, mr. “because of the PATRIOT Act.”

Let me get this straight. You are a Democrat because you support the Patriot Act? Or because you oppose it? Either way, it doesn’t matter.

First, the Patriot Act was passed in 2001 when this student was about 10 years old. It passed the House 357-66 with 145 Democrats voting in support, and the Senate with only one Democratic no-vote, 98-1. So if you oppose the Patriot Act, then you probably shouldn’t be a Democrat.

Although Democrats spent the entire length of the Bush Administration decrying the Patriot Act as an abuse of government power, so if you support the Patriot Act you probably shouldn’t be a Democrat either.

Seems like an ignorantly vague statement, at best.

Good Solid B-Plus on June 27, 2011 at 10:53 PM

I don’t want to be anything like you or the people you spend time with.

Well, that’s fair enough.

You are a grifting looter and have decided to become a lawyer to take the hard earned monies from some person or corporation by twisting the law to benefit you. (see John Edwards for further examples)

darwin-t on June 27, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Eh. Seems like this summer I’ve been twisting the law to benefit corporations.

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:54 PM

bluemarlin on June 27, 2011 at 10:51 PM

Why bother, she’s only looking to pick a fight. You could lay out a beautiful and well intentioned treatise concerning your reasons and at the least crr6 would say “Hey, at least you’re not as moronic as the other fools here.”

Bishop on June 27, 2011 at 10:55 PM

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:48 PM

Because we are used to talking to liberals who in real life are often unfortunately just like the people in the video, which is to say completely oblivious to reality. The ones who do know what is really going on are the selfish creeps who knowingly leech off the rest of us.

pedestrian on June 27, 2011 at 10:55 PM

No, they were far dumber.

No, they’re pretty much equally dumb. That’s the point.

I’ll take empty platitudes over sheer ignorance any day.

Neither for me, thanks.

“I’m a Democrat because I hate NAFTA-style free trade agreements!”

You know, NAFTA, passed with 27 Dem Senators, signed by Bill Clinton.

Reminds me of: “get your government hands off my Medicare!”

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:56 PM

Last I checked the topic was ” why I am a Democrat”.

bluemarlin on June 27, 2011 at 10:41 PM

When and where did you check?

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:43 PM

Finally: College Democrats of America explain why they’re Democrats

bluemarlin on June 27, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Let that simmer for awhile. Just let it simmer.

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:51 PM

Is that the title of the thread or not? You are a coward, you want to make fun of everyone else on here but not take.a stand on your reasons for being a democrat.

bluemarlin on June 27, 2011 at 10:56 PM

Eh. Seems like this summer I’ve been twisting the law to benefit corporations.

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:54 PM

No this summer you have landed a position that allows you to learn how to do those things from experienced looters and grifters.
You may think that you are clever and sophisticated but we all know who and what you are by the things you believe in and support. Your own words have convicted you.

darwin-t on June 27, 2011 at 10:58 PM

bluemarlin on June 27, 2011 at 10:51 PM

Bishop on June 27, 2011 at 10:55 PM

True enough!

bluemarlin on June 27, 2011 at 10:59 PM

Bishop on June 27, 2011 at 10:55 PM

I don’t think that’s true. But, there are probably only about 3 or 4 posters on this site that could write a beautiful and well intentioned treatise concerning their reasons for being a conservative….and none of those people are posting in this thread.

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:59 PM

darwin-t on June 27, 2011 at 10:58 PM

You are an odd person.

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 11:00 PM

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:54 PM

Is that the same kind of law-twisting the Democrats pulled to keep an illegal immigrant at the Times?

RDE2010 on June 27, 2011 at 11:01 PM

You are an odd person.

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 11:00 PM

But I’m also right on target about you.

darwin-t on June 27, 2011 at 11:01 PM

No, they’re pretty much equally dumb. That’s the point.

I’ll take empty platitudes over sheer ignorance any day.
Neither for me, thanks.

“I’m a Democrat because I hate NAFTA-style free trade agreements!”

You know, NAFTA, passed with 27 Dem Senators, signed by Bill Clinton.
Reminds me of: “get your government hands off my Medicare!”

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:56 PM

Gee, which party is promoting Mediscare tactics right now?

Anyway, for how often you play this equivocation game, you’re not very good at it.

I know you’re upset; it kills you that those CDA dopes are the tip of your spear. That’s the voice of your progressive generation, crr. That’s your Democratic party of tomorrow. Live it. Love it.

Good Solid B-Plus on June 27, 2011 at 11:01 PM

RDE2010 on June 27, 2011 at 11:01 PM

I have no idea what you’re talking about, but probably not.

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 11:02 PM

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 11:02 PM

Exactly.

RDE2010 on June 27, 2011 at 11:04 PM

You are an odd person.

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 11:00 PM

Cast-irony.

Jim Treacher on June 27, 2011 at 11:04 PM

Girl in the video: “I’m a Democrat because my grandfather was the first person in my family to graduate from college.”

Me: “I’m a conservative because I’M the first person in my family to go to college.”

Nelsen on June 27, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Cast-irony.

Jim Treacher on June 27, 2011 at 11:04 PM

Ooh, don’t get her mad, Treach. She might school us with her hyper-erudite, impassioned, pitch-perfect defense of modern progressive ideology.

And by that, I mean she’ll say “heh” and make a hyperlink joke.

Count it!

Good Solid B-Plus on June 27, 2011 at 11:07 PM

Gee, which party is promoting Mediscare tactics right now?

Democrats.

Eh, I thought I did a pretty decent job in this thread. The first few dozen comments consist of posters making fun of the trite, juvenile justifications these kids give for their partisan identification. The next few dozen posts consisted of said posters giving equally trite, juvenile justifications for their own partisan identification. Good times.

Good Solid B-Plus on June 27, 2011 at 11:01 PM

Yeah, as I said, they appear to be morons. I’m not too upset about it though. They’re college kids.

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 11:07 PM

I am a democrat because I love to stand in doorways to prevent blacks from being learned in the same area as us whites.

Pawlenty, the new Lunesta on June 27, 2011 at 11:08 PM

Exactly.

RDE2010 on June 27, 2011 at 11:04 PM

Exactly.

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 11:08 PM

Nelsen on June 27, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Yup, that will do it. Congratulations on your accomplishment, Nelsen!

wren on June 27, 2011 at 11:10 PM

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 11:07 PM

So were you when you started posting on HA. Certainly doesn’t seem like your ideology has evolved.

Aren’t college kids the future, man?! I mean, they vote Dem because their voices get respected, man.

I bet you a lot of these guys are POSC majors. The kids on this video are going to go into public policy, they’ll work for non-profits or run for city council. They are your Wasserman-Schultzes of the future, only a tiny bit smarter.

CDA is your AAA team, crr. There are your star prospects. Got any who look like major leaguers to you?

Yeah, didn’t think so.

Good Solid B-Plus on June 27, 2011 at 11:12 PM

Nelsen on June 27, 2011 at 11:05 PM

Well done.

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 11:12 PM

My reasons for not being a Democrat are: (1) The dominance of Liberalism in the Party (2) Ethical issues like abortion, gay rights, euthanasia, stem cell research, cloning (3) Liberal intolerance for the freedom of thought, get ready for re-education camps (4) Excessive taxation (5) Liberal activist judges and (6) Foreign policy views that undermine American security (7) Reasons (1-5) pose a threat to Christians in this country and that is why if you are a Christian you should not be a Democrat either.

Blue Collar Todd on June 27, 2011 at 11:19 PM

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:59 PM

See that, even responding she can’t leave out the insults.

Asked a question, got a few answers, and retorted by saying “That’s stupid”.

I’m a demorat because we’re good at making friends and influencing people.

Bishop on June 27, 2011 at 11:20 PM

See that, even responding she can’t leave out the insults.

I don’t think that was much of an insult. Do you think you can write a beautiful and well intentioned treatise on why you’re a conservative?

Asked a question, got a few answers, and retorted by saying “That’s stupid”.

I was making a point. In case it wasn’t clear to you:

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 11:24 PM

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 11:24 PM

Except that the CDA video is being roundly mocked on the internet. It’s a national joke.

The other side of the argument? Four or five HA posters gave reasons why they are conservative, and a panel of one (“Crr”) called those reasons vague, or stupid, or trite.

Oh damn, you got us!

Good Solid B-Plus on June 27, 2011 at 11:31 PM

Serious question:

Why are you guys Republicans (or conservatives)?

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:20 PM

Does it matter?

Nothing we say will suffice. Nothing we say will persuade those like you.

We want to push granny over the cliff, remember? We want to starve old folks and children. We want to drag people back to the Jim Crow days.

You agree with all that. So what’s the point?

catmman on June 27, 2011 at 11:32 PM

Eh, I thought I did a pretty decent job in this thread.

Did you do anything in this thread?

RDE2010 on June 27, 2011 at 11:32 PM

Just watched the video….awwww, bless their little cotton socks, they don’t have the foggiest! I was a liberal when I was 18-19 too, but luckily no video footage exists of me bragging about it and coming across like a clueless douchebag. These poor saps will be cursing the archival nature of the internet when they’re conservatives pushing 40.

Sharke on June 27, 2011 at 11:32 PM

I don’t thin

Sure, and I believe many others here tonight could as well, but obviously you don’t, a belief apparently based on short comments they’ve left on a blog.

I’m a demorat because I ridicule people’s sincere answers to my questions.

Bishop on June 27, 2011 at 11:33 PM

I’m a Democrat:

Because as a lazy, greedy, uninspired individual, I want others to do the work for me.

Because my parents have always paid for everything.

..Because.

Because easily accessible, mediocre healthcare is ideal.

Because companies are there to be taxed, yet offer me a competitive price on my iPad.

Because I’m Muslim, AND gay.

Because I believe in the inspiring notion of “hope.” That all men are equal under the vision of the state, and that everyone born into this country should be hopeful because of what the state has to offer. Hope is really nice.

blatantblue on June 27, 2011 at 11:34 PM

crr6. Wow. Who hurt you, sister ?

teacherman on June 27, 2011 at 11:34 PM

Jeebus, effin Atari 1000 server here.

I’m a demorat because I ridicule people’s sincere answers to my questions.

Bishop on June 27, 2011 at 11:35 PM

That’s a bit of an overstatement, isn’t it? A bunch of right wing blogs/websites have made fun of it.

So they weren’t vague, stupid or trite?

Oh damn, you got us!

Yep.

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 11:36 PM

Did you do anything in this thread?

RDE2010 on June 27, 2011 at 11:32 PM

Gotta clock in to get some overtime Soros money.

Good Solid B-Plus on June 27, 2011 at 11:36 PM

Jeebus, effin Atari 1000 server here.

Hey, like I said, there are a few very smart conservative posters here. But none of them are posting in this thread.

I’m a demorat because I ridicule people’s sincere answers to my questions.

Bishop on June 27, 2011 at 11:35 PM

You spent the first half of this thread ridiculing the kids’ sincere answers in the CDA video.

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 11:39 PM

I’m a demorat because I believe wealth should be redistributed, and since I can’t find a job in Obama’s America this is very important to me.

Bishop on June 27, 2011 at 11:40 PM

Nelsen on June 27, 2011 at 10:51 PM

Amen, Barry.

AshleyTKing on June 27, 2011 at 11:43 PM

It’s been a big hit on Facebook, too. I have high hopes for Mr. “Hope is what dreams are made of!” I think he can become a permanent internet meme.

So they weren’t vague, stupid or trite?

Vague in the way that most (if not all) one paragraph treatises are going to be vague, sure. Stupid or Trite? Not at all. I don’t knock those lil pasty college kids for having ideals or . I mock their extreme historical ignorance, in regards to the “I’m a Democrat because we’re the party of civil rights!” guy, or the Patriot ACT dude.

Oh damn, you got us!
Yep.

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 11:36 PM

Well, you can get some turtle wax as a parting gift if you’d like.

Good Solid B-Plus on June 27, 2011 at 11:43 PM

LOL! HAHAHAHAHA! The morons took it down! They can’t even stand behind their own idiotic, warped convictions! Tools.

jawkneemusic on June 27, 2011 at 11:43 PM

Hey, like I said, she’s only here to pick a fight, though strangely she rarely makes an appearance on the threads such as “Obama Starts War Against Libya”. Yep, strange.

You must have missed the words “my questions” in that post.

Bishop on June 27, 2011 at 11:45 PM

Jeebus, effin Atari 1000 server here.

I’m a demorat because I ridicule people’s sincere answers to my questions.

Bishop on June 27, 2011 at 11:35 PM

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 11:39 PM

Please provide “a beautiful and well intentioned treatise on why you’re a democrat/liberal.” Can you do it? Just borrow from your non insults, there are trolls who can deliver that but none of them are posting here tonight!

bluemarlin on June 27, 2011 at 11:47 PM

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 11:39 PM

Yes, their totally sincere, focus group-generated, ethnically balanced, pre-written answers.

I mean, when that guy did the “take off my glasses to say something really serious” move, couldn’t you tell how SINCERE he was?

Good Solid B-Plus on June 27, 2011 at 11:47 PM

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 11:39 PM

It’s not the sincerity they’re mocking. It’s the outright schtyoopidity.

Sharke on June 27, 2011 at 11:48 PM

It’s been a big hit on Facebook, too.

I haven’t noticed it.

Just like the students’ responses were vague in the way all one-to-five sentence treatises created for a short video are going to be vague?

Stupid or Trite? Not at all.

Well, agree to disagree.

What was ignorant about that statement? LBJ pushed the CRA and the VRA through. What party was he a member of? I know you guys like to look at the party line votes at the time, but it’d be more honest to take a look at where those Senators/Reps were from. Remember, this was during the genesis of the “Southern Strategy.”

or the Patriot ACT dude.

I didn’t see a Patriot Act dude.

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 11:53 PM

I’m a demorat because I’m smarter than you.

Bishop on June 27, 2011 at 11:57 PM

jawkneemusic on June 27, 2011 at 11:43 PM

They must have just taken it down in the last 10 minutes because I just watched it.

If you still want to see it, it’s posted at the Right Scoop. Just click on the photo of Glenn Beck above.

UltimateBob on June 27, 2011 at 11:58 PM

I didn’t see a Patriot Act dude.

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 11:53 PM

The second guy in the clip?

In the meantime, let’s laff and laff at crr telling us about the “honest” way to view party line votes on Civil Rights related issues.

Good Solid B-Plus on June 27, 2011 at 11:59 PM

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 10:48 PM

As opposed to California Leftists screaming (and more) at passing trains…

Del Dolemonte on June 28, 2011 at 12:00 AM

I’m a demorat because after I make a “sincere” video of other demorats talking about their beliefs, I decide to try and deep-six the video because it’s getting ridiculed.

Bishop on June 28, 2011 at 12:00 AM

What was ignorant about that statement?

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 11:53 PM

Ummmm…. which party was it again that freed the slaves?

UltimateBob on June 28, 2011 at 12:01 AM

I had to laugh at the NAFTA dude. Wasn’t it Bill Clinton, a Democrat, who signed NAFTA into law?

Idiots…..

UltimateBob on June 28, 2011 at 12:02 AM

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 11:53 PM

LBJ was also in bed with Halliburton for decades. He got a pass because he had a (D) after his name.

Do some research on him some time.

Del Dolemonte on June 28, 2011 at 12:02 AM

As opposed to California Leftists screaming (and more) at passing trains…
Del Dolemonte on June 28, 2011 at 12:00 AM

Leftists also scream at trees. Funny, I always think of this video when crr6 posts:

Bishop on June 28, 2011 at 12:04 AM

bluemarlin on June 27, 2011 at 11:47 PM

Stick a fork in crr6, she’s done with that comment!

fossten on June 28, 2011 at 12:04 AM

I didn’t see a Patriot Act dude.

crr6 on June 27, 2011 at 11:53 PM

Well watch again lawyer. ” I am a Democrat because of the Patriot Act” is in the video. By the way, don’t go for litigation, BS works on blogs but Judges, not so much!

bluemarlin on June 28, 2011 at 12:04 AM

Ummmm…. which party was it again that freed the slaves?

UltimateBob on June 28, 2011 at 12:01 AM

I’ll just let the College Republicans do the legwork:

Really?

You might want to check your facts on that one.

The NAACP was founded by white Republicans in 1909 – a fact conspicuously absent from their website.

Republicans fought to end slavery and give blacks the right to vote. The Emancipation Proclamation, freeing slaves, was signed by Abraham Lincoln – a Republican.

Republicans fought to give women the right to vote, and were responsible for the 19th Amendment. Susan B. Anthony was a women’s rights leader – also a Republican.

Republicans fought for several civil rights act, including the big one – the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

Republican support for the 1964 Civil Rights Act outnumbered Democratic support, 80% – 65%.

Fun fact: In the 26 major civil rights votes after 1933, a majority of Democrats opposed civil rights legislation in over 80% of the votes. By contrast, the Republican majority favored civil rights in over 96% of the votes.

It may be convenient for Democrats to ignore these facts, but they are facts nonetheless. Democrats, meanwhile, turned fire hoses on blacks in the South – and founded the KKK.

But hey, if that’s the Party you want to be associated with, that’s fine. It’s a free country.

Party of Civil Rights waterhoses and dogs.

Good Solid B-Plus on June 28, 2011 at 12:08 AM

Why am I a republican? Because a thicket of laws protects the guilty and binds the innocent.

In the end, even explaining how easily the laws could be used for petty vengeance can be used to start a legal pissing match that would cripple the recipient. Do you really want a world where everything you say can, and will be used to start a frivolous lawsuit against you?

Voyager on June 28, 2011 at 12:09 AM

Good Solid B-Plus on June 27, 2011 at 11:59 PM

Oh come off it. How do you account for the partisan realignment during the 60′s and 70′s that led to the solidly Republican South? Is it your position that all of the awesomely awesome civil rights-supporting conservatives spontaneously decided to moved to the South, and all of the racist liberals simultaneously decided to move North?

You guys are so full of sh*t about that, and you know it. The only way you can get away with parroting the “Republicans are the party of civil rights” line is here, and among like-minded morons.

crr6 on June 28, 2011 at 12:10 AM

LBJ…LBJ? LBJ……Oh yeah, the POTUS who said about Texas: “There’s more ni**ers voting there than white folks.”

Bishop on June 28, 2011 at 12:10 AM

Bishop on June 28, 2011 at 12:04 AM

Here’s my beautiful and well-reasoned treatise on that awesome video.

Holy shit.

hillbillyjim on June 28, 2011 at 12:12 AM

Fun fact: In the 26 major civil rights votes after 1933, a majority of Southern Democrats opposed civil rights legislation in over 80% of the votes. By contrast, the Northern Republican majority favored civil rights in over 96% of the votes.

FIFY.

crr6 on June 28, 2011 at 12:12 AM

FIFY.

crr6 on June 28, 2011 at 12:12 AM

Raaacist. Regionalist.

hillbillyjim on June 28, 2011 at 12:15 AM

I am a Democrat because I am a free-thinker and… *blink blink* O-baaaa-maaaa! O-baaaa-maaaa! O-baaaa-maaaa! *blink blink* …sorry, what was the question again?

Left Coast Right Mind on June 28, 2011 at 12:15 AM

Good Solid B-Plus on June 28, 2011 at 12:08 AM

You missed a fun fact:

All the reconstruction era black congressmen were Republican.

The first black democrat didn’t come along until 1934 when he beat his opponent, a black Republican.

Bishop on June 28, 2011 at 12:16 AM

So, dear sweet cur, why ARE you a rabid democrat apologist?

We really want to know.

hillbillyjim on June 28, 2011 at 12:16 AM

But don’t pay any attention to that, better you spend your time ignoring actual party-line votes and instead analyzing county by county demographic breakdowns or something.

Bishop on June 28, 2011 at 12:18 AM

I AM a democrat because

MMMM MMMM MMMM Barack Hussein Obama MMMM MMMM MMMM.

And stuff.

hillbillyjim on June 28, 2011 at 12:18 AM

crr6 on June 28, 2011 at 12:10 AM

“Whagrhbal history says the Republicans had more of an impact on the success of Civil Rights, we must muddy the narrative! We’re nothing unless we have our “Champions of Civil Rights” mantle! WE ARE THE DOWNTRODDEN AND STUFF!”

Good Solid B-Plus on June 28, 2011 at 12:18 AM

crr6 on June 28, 2011 at 12:10 AM

Still awaiting your beautiful treatise on ” why you are a Democrat/Liberal.”

bluemarlin on June 28, 2011 at 12:18 AM

I am a democrat because I believe KKK Grand Cyclops should be accepted into the demorat party.

Bishop on June 28, 2011 at 12:20 AM

Good Solid B-Plus on June 28, 2011 at 12:18 AM

Seriously, do you have a response? Cause I’ve never heard a response. Whenever you guys try to pull the “party of civil rights” cr*p someone just brings up basic 5th grade history (wrt partisan realignment) and then you slink off.

crr6 on June 28, 2011 at 12:21 AM

FIFY.

crr6 on June 28, 2011 at 12:12 AM

Ah, so you’re not really a Democrat, just a Unionist?

*cue the Battle Hymn of the Republic*

Crr just loves the North so…darn…*Sheds a single tear*…much!

Good Solid B-Plus on June 28, 2011 at 12:21 AM

bluemarlin on June 28, 2011 at 12:18 AM

It would have happened by now, were it “beautiful.”

RDE2010 on June 28, 2011 at 12:21 AM

I am amazed at the oh-so-tolerant democrats from the Northern region who look upon Southerners as some kind of mutant underclass.

There are some conservatives from the North who feel the same way, but the phenomenon is by far more apparent among the self-anointed party of tolerance.

Hypocrites all.

hillbillyjim on June 28, 2011 at 12:22 AM

hillbillyjim on June 28, 2011 at 12:22 AM

Yeah well what do you know, ya low sloping forehead dancer?

Bishop on June 28, 2011 at 12:24 AM

bluemarlin on June 28, 2011 at 12:18 AM

It would have happened by now, were it “beautiful.”

RDE2010 on June 28, 2011 at 12:21 AM

She does seem to be ignoring me, I assume she is looking for a troll that can deliver that tonight!

bluemarlin on June 28, 2011 at 12:25 AM

Yeah well what do you know, ya low sloping forehead dancer?

Bishop on June 28, 2011 at 12:24 AM

Hey now. I’m a forward-thinking Southerner. I brush my tooth at least once a week.

hillbillyjim on June 28, 2011 at 12:26 AM

You guys are so full of sh*t about that, and you know it.

crr6 on June 28, 2011 at 12:10 AM

Spoken by a true expert on the subject. What kind of manure spreader are you gonna buy after you get your first assignment?

And now, some scatological humor from the Democrat State of Maine.

Del Dolemonte on June 28, 2011 at 12:26 AM

crr6 on June 28, 2011 at 12:21 AM

Well, if you’re so interested in Party Re-Alignment (I mean, at least in the Southern ReAlignment so you have some new talking points against those darn hick rubes), I’d suggest you do some light reading:

Until then, you can keep that “Party of Civil Rights” Banner proudly displayed next to some pictures of firefighters turning the hoses on protestors.

Good Solid B-Plus on June 28, 2011 at 12:26 AM

Good Solid B-Plus on June 28, 2011 at 12:26 AM

crr6 on June 28, 2011 at 12:21 AM

You can just say “no, I don’t have a response.” It’s just the internet, after all.

crr6 on June 28, 2011 at 12:28 AM

Just ignore the party line vote, you people, ignore the KKK members, ignore the absence of black representatives, ignore the “ni**ger” comments, ignore the “oreo house negr0″ slurs leveled at black conservatives, just IGNORE all that.

Look instead on demographic realignment.

Bishop on June 28, 2011 at 12:29 AM

Don’t ignore any of that. Just look at where it happened.

And then look at the partisan realignment in the 60′s and 70′s. It’s pretty straightforward.

crr6 on June 28, 2011 at 12:30 AM

crr6
You have had over a half hour to pen a “beautiful treatise” on why you are a democrat. It should not be that difficult for a learned college student such as yourself. As for me I’m a republican because I love to see unfortunate people suffer while I have always had everything handed to me on a silver platter.

arnold ziffel on June 28, 2011 at 12:31 AM

crr6 on June 28, 2011 at 12:21 AM

Yes, I must admit that LBJ’s “Great Society” did a beautiful job of destroying the black family; making the taxpayer the absentee sugar daddy financing the business of unwed mothers incubating gang bangers.

Really Right on June 28, 2011 at 12:32 AM